New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

Mai-Sal

"As would I," she replies. Mai studies the tiefling for a brief moment, but finding him to be a closed book she presses on regardless, hoping to get him to talk.

"But I'm sure we'll get the chance. So, you're truly concerned about group cohesion? Well I wouldn't worry about our soldier friend there. A man like that has simple wants--complete his orders and go home to feast until the next battle. The elven woman is close with Metherna, so assuming this is all genuine there's no cause for worry there. Now the draconic man is a flighty one, separating himself as much as he can from us--I would surmise out of extreme contempt or caution, but a concern either way. Then there's the eccentric mage, just what's her interest in all of this?" she asks with a wry smile, but then her tone turns serious. "And then there's you. Too thoughtful for a soldier, too quiet for a priest. You're a crusader, aren't you? A man who fights for a cause?"
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ewin

For the briefest of moments, something in the tiefling's eyes seems to flare up.
    But when he opens his mouth to answer, his facial expression changes to light amusement.
    "Tell me, does it satisfy your intellect to categorize people?
    I have many reasons to be here, as do you, no doubt.
    But in the end, it is all about power. And having an ancient, powerful dragon be grateful is a good start."

With a wink and a devilish smile, he adds:
    "Also, I hate cultists, so this might actually be fun. I is healthy to let your rage out once in a while, you know.
    But you caught my interest.. what IS the eccentric mage's interest?
    What did the queen tell you?"
    Currently playing:
    Davion, Tiefling Illusionist - The Goddess Liberators
    Ewin, Tiefling Paladin - The Five of the Realm (FR)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

"She said you're a fine man," Mai answered, looking at him squarely in reply, even including the same inflection Metherna had used. She then cracked a small smile before continuing.

"As for me, you're half right--it does satisfy my intellect, but only if it means coming to understand something extraordinary, which I'm not ashamed to say we all qualify as being, as do the circumstances surrounding this mission I might add. But power, you may have all you wish of that, Ewin; in this world, power is an illusion," she said almost wistfully and with a tinge of regret. "As for that eccentric mage, Mai-Sal Stormchaser, she's only interested in a true understanding of this world, and the freedom she hopes it will give her... But yes, killing cultists does at least make for an amusing diversion," she ends with another smile.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

ALL

As you seem to have had enough talk for the day, you notice that it has gotten darker and the sky has almost turned to pure stars. You look around for a few moments and notice a clearing off the road, which would do better for camping than camping right on the road would. You start a fire, not one too big, but one big enough so that most of the animals would stay away. For even though they are now more powerful in general, they still don't like people or fires and try to stay away from both. It isn't completely cleared of trees, there are a few sprinkled in the clearing, but they are scarce enough to unmount and make camp and be able to stretch out. Something that has happened since the Scarring, of which you have all seen numerous times, is that the sunset now doesn't just have reds and oranges, but is more like an aurora, and it fluctuates colors, showing just how much the entire universe and all the planes were effected by the Scarring.

You all fall asleep, some more restless than others, and at one point in the night, Evalie hear something in the forest beyond them, as well as Ewin, and are both waken up. You hear, what you can perceive as, clicks in a couple of different places in the trees. You notice there is some sort of pattern to them, but you know not what it means. Immediate the winds starts to pick up and you hear the click cease.

Spoiler
    Show
    You are still laying down, but awake, as you are experiencing all of this. So if you want to shoot up and yell you can, if you'd like to try and wake everyone you can, if you just want to sit there and wait, you can as well. It is up to you two. I will give you each, basically, a turn of things to do, before I move on.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Evalie wakes up as soon as she hears the sound, looking over at Ewin as she picks up her bow and buckles her sword and quiver onto her back. "Ewin, wake up the others, I'll keep guard."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ewin

A faint sound wakes Ewin up from an uneasy sleep.
    As soon as he opens his eyes, he sees the elven woman already awake, obviously also aware of the strange sounds.
    On her command, he gives an acknowledging nod and slowly stands up, grabbing his shield.

"Mage. Wake up.",
    he whispers, as he nudges the sleeping genasi softly with the tip of his boot.
    "We are not alone."

Realizing that the situation might be more dire than first expected, he takes a deep breath and barks out a short command:
    "Everybody wake up! Non-ambiance sounds from the treeline!"
    Last edited by Ascy; 2012-07-05 at 03:19 PM.
    Currently playing:

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal Stormchaser

Mai had slept uncomfortably, clutching her staff and orb close to her and still wearing her inner leather garment (though eshewing her airy robe, which offered no special protection). Nevertheless she wasn't exactly pleased at being worken up, but understood full well why it was necessary. Mai rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and got to her feet as quickly as she could.

"I know, I'm disappointed too--oh you didn't mean us," she quipped, but from her hushed tone it was obvious she knew this was potentially serious danger. "I guess we'll get to see it sooner than I thought."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

ALL

Those of you awake, stand up and take a defensive stance to the, what you can assume, is an incoming threat. Those of you who were asleep, are jarred awake by the Tiefling's command and stand in a sleepy haze, yet ready for anything none-the-less.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll roll Initiative, and you can make a "waking up" flavor post if you would like, for those that were woke up. You don't see anything as of yet, but you know something is there. Hence no surprise round on you.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-07-05 at 04:54 PM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

ALL

From the east, Mai sees a big bird-like creature run towards her clicking and shrieking as it runs. The beast stops right in front of Mai and lets out a HUGE shriek that sounds, and feels, like thunder. And anyone near enough to it feels the vibrations of the shriek, shaking their very being so much it knocks them to the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Move to M7
    Standard - Thunderous Shriek VS Fort
    Mai - (1d20+15)[23]
    Ewin - (1d20+15)[25]
    Lucius - (1d20+15)[17]
    Damage - (2d6+13)[21], and anyone hit is knocked prone

Lucius is up next.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

At the yell of the Tiefling, Lucius stood quickly and donned his shield and weapon. A mixture of adrenaline, training, and dread recurrences of this similar scenario he's lived through shook the sleep from his body. The attack of the strange bird creature came quick and nearly sent his associates to the ground. The fighter merely roared mightily in turn and moved towards the beast. He spun in a tight circle aimed with hammer outward, intending to strike the head of the creature and send it reeling.

Spoiler
    Show

Shift to L8
    Standard - Tide of Iron (1d20+19)[29] vs AC
    (1d10+8)[13] damage

Auto-marked. If hit, I get +2 to AC against him, push him to N7, and take his spot
    Many thanks to Ceika for the sweet avatar.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

After enduring the Shriek of the bird-thing, Lucius scoffs at the sound, and strikes at the monster, getting a solid hit on it, knocking it back, and taking its place, at the current front lines, protecting the party. Lucius stands ready, in front of the beast, shield and weapon in front of him, ready to take it down.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mai and Infernion are up still.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal Stormchaser

"It's a trained owlbear, and where there's one there's sure to be more!" Mai yells, but a deeper rumbling sound starts emanating from within her immediately thereafter. She knocks her staff and orb together and BANG! A thunderclap of her own goes off and from it she sends a concentrated sonic pulse straight at the owlbear.

Spoiler
    Show

Free action: Use Vulnerability. If I pass a Hard DC monster knowledge check against the target (the owlbear) I gain +4 to all defenses and +Int mod (6) damage (unless it's a damage type the monster resists) against the target until the end of my next turn.

Standard action: Beguiling Strands (friendly close blast 5 so the owlbear is the only target).
    (1d20+18)[38] vs. Will. On hit the target takes 19 psychic and thunder damage and is pushed 5 squares.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Infernion jolts at the sound of Ewin's voice but he wakes quickly. His eyes blaze red and he looks around for assault. He is about to laugh in the paladin's face when the shriek comes.

The giant feathered creature comes rushing out of the brush. Infernion grabs a hold of its soul, ready to siphon off it's power.

He makes a squeezing motion with his clawed hand. A sickly green version of the hand appears around the Owlbear's neck. It can't quite crush it wholly but the feathers whither like leaves and its neck bruises immediately.

Infernion is off with a sweep of his wings. As he moves his scales glow like coals and emit a thick smoke, obscuring his form somewhat. The only sound he makes is a reptilian snarl.
    Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Curse trained owlbear
    Standard: Hand of Blight vs T.O. (spend Fell Might0
    Attack: [roll0]+16 vs FORT
    Damage: [roll1]+10 + [roll2](brutal 1) = 25 necrotic and psychic damage
    Trained Owlbear grants CA to all until the end of my next turn.
    Move: J7 to K4 - Gain concealment(Shadow Walk)

OOC: The roll results are in the OOC. I mistakenly post my turn there. This is a repost.
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-07-06 at 12:39 AM.
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Evalie frowns, moving to the side so she can get a clear shot without interference from the fire, pulling an arrow out of her quiver and releasing, and then pulling a second arrow out almost too fast for the eye to see and sending it to join its twin in flight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dual Strike:

Attack 1:(d20+15)[23]
    Attack 2:(d20+15)[24]

Damage 1: (1d8+4)[10]
    Damage 2: (1d8+4)[5]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Mai, having been missed by the Owlbear's thunderous attack, takes the energy sent at her by it and sends it right back at the beast, blasting it with a mixture of her own energy and its. Infernion tries to choke the monster with a green, sickly hand...but the monster brushes it off and gives him a shriek as he backs into his smoke. Evalie shoots two arrow at the Owlbear, hoping to hit it while it is distracted and still recovering from its painful hit from Mai, but it is able to bat away the arrows as they fly at it.

Seemingly in time with Evalie, you hear some clicks from the forest, and two more of the monsters run out from the forest, both in different places, coming after Evalie, and Mai. They seem to be directed somehow, but you are not exactly sure what force is driving them. They reach their targets, and both of them, at the same time, let out a screech, somewhat like the first bird's, but this one seems to bore into your brain and the world seems hazy and you are disoriented for a moment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Y.O.1
    Move - K8
    Standard - Dazing Hoot VS Fort, Blast 3 Centered on L6
    Ewin - (1d20+15)[19]
    Mai - (1d20+15)[33]
    Lucius - (1d20+15)[27]
    Damage - (5d6+8)[25], Target is Dazed (save ends)

Y.O.2
    Move - I6
    Standard - Dazing Hoot VS Fort, Blast 3 Centered on K4
    Evalie - (1d20+15)[21]
    Infernion - (1d20+15)[35]
    Damage - (5d6+8)[26], Target is Dazed (save ends)

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ewin

The strange creature's shriek does the rest to wake the tiefling up.
    His first instinct is to charge the monster, but just as he starts to move, two smaller creatures burst out of the woods.
    Losing no second to thought, Ewin turns around and stomps towards the nearest of the two creatures, the one closest to the elf.
    He brings his longsword down in a vertical slash, all the while shouting.

"Ridiculous creatures! You cannot take me! Come on!

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Move to J6

Standard Action: Righteous Smite vs Y.O.2
    Attack vs. AC - (1d20+20)[36]
    Damage - (2d8+8)[23]
    On Hit: Each ally within 5 squares gains 9 temp. HP.

Minor Action: Call of Challenge
    Each enemy within 3 squares (YO 1 + 2) is subject to Ewin's divine sanction until the end of his next turn:
    Marked and takes 13 radiant damage when it makes an attack that doesn't include Ewin. Also one of the targeted allies regains 10 HP if Ewin is not included in the attack.
    Currently playing:

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Just as soon as the Owlbear nearest Evalie stops shrieking, Ewin is in his face, slashing it with his sword, and challenging it to attack him, as well as its counterpart that ran in with it. Seeming to answer Ewin, a giant swell of wind start blowing all around them, and a beast that seems to be dressed like a shaman or witch doctor steps out from the eastern trees next to Infernion, giving a battle cry. This one is much bigger than the others and has claws and a beak, both painted up, that rival all the other Owlbear's in sharpness and size by quite a bit. Even the least educated of you can tell...this has to be the leader. As he steps into the Instead of going for Infernion, which the Dragon thanks the merciful gods for, he goes for what he thinks is the toughest of the group, Lucius.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    WCO
    Move - To L4
    Standard - Disembowel, 2 attacks(Reach 2) VS AC
    Lucius - 1 (1d20+16)[23]
    2 (1d20+16)[36]
    Damage -1 (3d6+8)[20], slide target 2 and Lucius is knocked prone
    2 (3d6+8)[20] 26 for the Crit, slide target 2 (N5) and Lucius is knocked prone
    (Prone Doesn't stack, obviously)
    If both attacks hit, Lucius is Stunned until the end of WOC's Next turn

Top of the Round
    Seeing its leader come into combat sends the first Owlbear into a frenzy, and he attacks Lucius as well, helping is leader as he can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    T.O.
    Move - O6
    Standard - Claw VS AC on Lucius (1d20+17)[34] (if he gets knocked prone, then I won't add +2 to this roll since he has +2 to AC against this enemy)
    Damage - (1d8+16)[24]

Lucius, Mai, Evalie, and Infernion, its you guys.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-07-06 at 02:34 PM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

The claws of the painted beast ripped into the flesh of Lucius and before even a scream of pain could be emitted, he was thrust towards the commanding creature.

At least something was going right this moment.

Determined to pay back the blood loss one-hundred-fold, Lucius swung his weapon widely to strike both attacking beasts. His swings didn't stop though and, like a madman, he attacked over and over. This assault though, was not of despiration, he knew exactly how to take on the creatures with shock and awe.

As a follow-through, he drew on his past training to quickly find the weakest points of the foes and strike them to cause massive internal bleeding. He's never fought an owlbear personally, but they all bleed as well as any bandit or criminal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move - Stand

Minor - Rain of Steel - Any enemy that starts its turn adjacent to me takes 1[W] damage as long as I'm able to make opportunity attacks.

Standard - Sweeping Blow
    Close burst 1
    T.O. (1d20+19)[28] vs AC
    (1d10+8)[13] (Brutal 2) damage

Leader (1d20+19)[33] vs AC
    (1d10+8)[12] (Brutal 2) damage

Action Point

Standard - Arms Master Challenge - Primary
    T.O. (1d20+19)[23] vs AC
    (2d10)[7][5](12)+8 damage

Secondary Attack
    Leader (1d20+19)[39] vs AC
    (2d10)[6][3](9) +8 damage

And mark Y.O. 2 as another effect of the Power

And with the OB bloodying me, I use Tempered in Blood to auto-use a healing surge once bloodied and my cloak's property to use another on top of it to bring myself to 103 total HP
    Last edited by Rausdower; 2012-07-08 at 12:54 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79

PirateCaptain

Infernion i reeling from the sonic assault. He quickly steps into the void to escape another attack. When he reappears he finds himself between the two Younglings. His wicked teeth poke out of his lips in a wicked smile.

He inhales sharply and hurls a blast of fire and acid out of his mouth towards the two bigger foes. The shaman is roasted but the other takes even worse wounds. All its feathers burn off and the skin left is an angry red with blood weeping from the wounds.

A small piece of the owlbear's soul leaches out in the blood and recharges a little bit of Infernion's power.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Ethereal Stride - Teleport 3 to I7, gain +2 to all defenses until the end of my next turn. Also concealment continues.
    Action Point!: Dragon's Wrath - Area Burst 2 w/in 10 centered at O5 (targets enemies)
    This provokes OAs from Y.O.1 & Y.O.2
    Attack vs REF
    (1d20)[14]+15+2 vs T.O.
    (1d20)[20]+15 vs WCO
    Damage
    (3d6)[9]+5, (1d8)[7]+(1d8)[6]+(1d8)[3] (Curse damage on T.O. (brutal 1)
    Action Point Effect: Deal 10 fire+acid damage to Y.O.1 & Y.O.2
    End of Turn: Save vs Dazed
    (1d20)[1]

Summary:
    46 fire and acid damage to WCO
    30 Fire and Acid damage to T.O.
    10 Fire + Acid damage to Y.O.1 & Y.O.2 each

96 damage on one turn! Yay strikers

EDIT: since T.O. is bloodied Infernion triggers his Infernal Pact boon and gains his Fell Might back. The curse is removed from T.O.
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-07-07 at 12:55 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing the dragon appear before them out of nowhere, then use some sort of spell, both the beasts see a gap in his defenses and strike out with feral might.

Spoiler
    Show
    Y.O.1 O.A. - (1d20+17)[19]
    Damage - (4d6+11)[26]

Y.O.2 O.A. - (1d20+17)[28]
    Damage - (4d6+11)[18]

Mai and Evalie are up now. Also, you 4 next to each other don't have to go in order. Mai and go before Lucius or whatever. It's really whoever posts first, as far as I am concerned, when you guys are next to each other like that. If monsters separate you, that's different, but if you are all next to each other like that, you can go all willy nilly

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

The biggest of the Owlbears lets out a mighty shriek for being hit from all sides. It seems to bend over, folding into itself, but instead of falling down, it lets out a blast of wind that is as powerful as a tornado, knocking around any creature unfortunate enough to be in front of him, including his own subjects. It seems to be losing control over its wind-like powers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Imm. Reaction - From being bloodied, Wind Howl, blast 5, centered on I5
    Evalie - (1d20+14)[28] Vs. Fort
    Ewin - (1d20+14)[27] Vs. Fort
    Infernion - (1d20+14)[29] Vs. Fort
    Y.O.2 - (1d20+14)[20] Vs. Fort
    Damage - Target is pushed 5 squares and knocked prone.

Evalie, Ewin, and Infernion all get flung back and knocked onto the ground, not used to the ferocity of the leader's powers. The Youngling, however, is quite used to such outbursts of its leader, and sees the explosion coming, so it is a little more prepared for the blast of air.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-07-07 at 10:00 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

Mai reeled from the thunderous assault, but she fought through it enough to cast a spell on the ground beneath the trained owlbear and its master. Still mindful of the young one next to her, she struck her implements together and pointed the staff at the earth, which suddenly erupted in a fury of thousands of sparks, which scattered across the ground and refused to dissipate. Then, calling upon her staff's own inner magic, Mai sent out two more sonic waves from it, but these exploded in a loud thunderclap on making contact with the trained owlbear and its master.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard action: Fountain of Flame, changed to lightning per my PP, friendly area burst 1 centered on N6. No AoOs due to Staff Expertise.
    (1d20+17)[27] vs. Reflex (+2 vs. WCO due to CA from prone).
    (3d8)[4][4][2](10) +15 lightning damage (+6 vs. TO due to Use Vulnerability); half damage on a miss; ignores resistance due to Evocation Mastery.
    Effect: the burst creates a zone lasting until end of the encounter. Any enemy entering the zone or ending their turn in it takes 5 lightning damage.

Free action to use action point: Beguiling Strands, friendly close burst 5 targeting WCO and TO.
    (1d20+18)[26] vs. Will (+2 vs. WCO).
    13 thunder damage (+6 vs. TO) and instead of being pushed 5 squares, the target takes (5d6)[19] thunder damage and is knocked prone (free action daily power from my staff).

Save vs dazed: (1d20)[4]

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Using her amazing powers of the Storm, Mai shoots lighting at the Owlbears, and uses thunder to deafen and hurt them. The first foe you saw, gets zapped by a huge lighting bolt that not only zaps it, but also hits the tree it is next to and explodes the tree into flames which falls onto the owlbear, crushing it under a horrible mass of wood and fire. You hear its loud deathshriek as it is absolutely squished and burned.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

(Posting for horngeek)
    Evalie

Evalie, seeing that she is in trouble, and still a little out of it, decides to get out of her sticky situation, before returning to the battle. She isn't any good to her companions dead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Evalie is dazed and Prone, so I am just going to use her Invisible Stride to get her away from the center of battle and roll a save for her dazed. I'll say she teleports herself from prone
    Move - to F9 and is invisible until the start of your next turn or until you attack.
    Save for Dazed - (1d20)[7]
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-07-10 at 12:07 PM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Y.O.1 & Y.O.2

Feeling the pull from the prone Ewin, the first youngers Owlbear runs at him and tries to claw him and even grab him up in its clutches. The other one, seeing Mai pulled right to it, claws at her as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Y.O.1
    Move - to H8
    Standard - Double Attack on Ewin VS AC
    1 - (1d20+19)[26] +2 for Ewin being prone for each attack
    2 - (1d20+19)[35]
    Damage
    1 - (4d6+11)[26]
    2 - (4d6+11)[27] , if both attacks hit, Ewin is grabbed.

Y.O.2
    Standard - Claw vs AC on Mai (1d20+17)[37]
    Damage - (4d6+11)[27] 35 dmg for the Crit

Ewin is next, then the WCO, and then Round 3.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-07-10 at 12:18 PM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ewin

Ewin had to shake his head to get the last bits of dizziness out of him.
    Leaning heavily on his right knee, he stands up and moves closer to the creature that threw him down, vengeance in his eyes.
    Again he brings his blade to bear, a quick thrust towards the creature's chest, hoping his allies would hold together long enough.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Stand up

Minor Action: Boots of the Fencing Master: Shift to G8
    (Gain +1 Bonus to AC and Ref until end of next turn)

Standard Action: Valorous Smite vs. YO1
    Attack vs. AC - (1d20+20)[35]
    Hit: Damage - (2d8+8)[14]
    Each enemy within 3 squares is subject to divine sanction until the end of next turn. (YO 1+2)
    Currently playing:

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

ALL

The Owlbear with powers over the wind gets up from the ground after having been knocked down, and lets out a frustrated screech, turning on Lucius, and attacking him all out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Move - Stand up
    Standard - Disembowel on Lucius VS AC
    1 - (1d20+16)[17]
    2 - (1d20+16)[24]
    Damage
    1 - (3d6+8)[20], target gets slid 2 and knocked prone
    2 - (3d6+8)[22], target gets slid 2 and knocked prone
    If both attacks hit, the target is stunned untill end of the Owlbear's next turn
    Action Point
    If both attacks hit: Beak Snap - (4d10+16)[34]

If both attacks don't hit: He will use Disembowel again, VS AC
    1 - (1d20+16)[25]
    2 - (1d20+16)[22]
    Damage
    1 - (3d6+8)[18], target gets slid 2 and knocked prone
    2 - (3d6+8)[19], target gets slid 2 and knocked prone
    If both attacks hit, the target is stunned untill end of the Owlbear's next turn

And it is Lucius'/Mai's/Evalie's/Infernion's turn, Top of Round 3!!
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-07-11 at 11:35 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Warrior stood firmly as the beak of the massive creature bounced off his steel. The beast's last attack was so telegraphed that it was almost effortless for Lucius to bash its beak in with his shield and strike in that same moment with full-force of his body.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rain of Steel - (1d10+3)[12] damage

Brash Strike - (1d20+21)[22] vs AC
    (1d10+11)[21] damage

If hit, use my daily weapon power and slide him to the L9-M8 square.

EDIT: Also grant CA with Brash Strike.
    Last edited by Rausdower; 2012-07-11 at 11:38 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89

PirateCaptain

Infernion

Infernion slams into the ring of trees. His mind is addled but clearing rapidly. He latches onto the souls of the nearest owlbears, hoping to consume them for more power.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Save vs Dazed: 8 (from OOC)
    Minor: Curse Y.O.1 & Y.O.2
    End of Turn: Save vs Dazed
    (1d20)[15] FINALLY!
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-07-11 at 11:45 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

"Aaagh!" Mai could not help but scream at the owlbear's vicious clawed assault. Wounded and still reeling from its thunderous assault, the mage knew she had only one chance at escape--although it meant the human would be in the line of fire. "Lucius, look out!" was all the warning she could offer before her body unleashed a chaotic mass of elemental and psychic energies in an eruption of acid, ice, fire, lightning and poison.

When the cloud dissipated she was gone from where she had stood, reappearing next to the tree she had felled.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard action: Elemental Eruption, unfriendly close burst 2 centered on me. Hit or miss, she teleports to N8 as part of the action (that's the main reason I'm using this). It's not an implement or arcane power, so it's Int mod +6 (and +1 from my headband). Oh and it's vs. Reflex.

Vs. WCO: (1d20+19)[33]
    Vs. YO2: (1d20+19)[30]
    Vs. Lucius: (1d20+19)[39]

(2d8+6)[13] acid, cold, fire, lightning, poison and psychic damage.

Save: (1d20)[13]

Finally! Sorry about the crit Lucius.
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2012-07-11 at 03:09 PM.