New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

ALL

After trying some spells, and pure arcane might, neither Mai nor Infernion can get through the gate. Dak heals the group up then goes to the leader and starts to heal her wounds, wrapping cuts in gauze and rubbing salve on her less serious cuts. As he does this, Ewin ties her up so when she wakes, she isn't able to escape, or attack.

Once Dak gets done, the merc's eyes start to slightly open. She blinks a few times and seems to be coming out of a quite groggy state. She seems to panic for a few seconds, then realizes what has happened and calms for a second. She looks around the group, and then speaks, "So, what do you want from me? You obviously kept me alive for a reason......"
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Bump for error

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Infernion

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_D&Der View Post
    She looks around the group, and then speaks, "So, what do you want from me? You obviously kept me alive for a reason......"
    The dragon puts his snout right up to her face, bending down on all fours. "You are going to tell us first how to get through that door, then you are going to tell us what is on the other side. If you do not do this I will burn off your limbs one by one. If you still do not I will tear your heart out with my own hand so you can watch me roast it in front of you."

Intimidate=(1d20+16)[20](36)
    OOC: That is one scary dragon! Alos, her insight would tell her that Infernion is not bluffing.
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-09-02 at 12:13 AM.
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Infernion & ALL

You look into the leader's eyes, but you see no fear in her eyes. There is something else there, however. "I do not doubt your words.....dragonkin. However what it behind that door would do much worse to me that you ever could. I will tell you what is on the other side....." She goes quiet for a moment and looks at the door, and seems to stair through it. She then brings her attention back to you, "Evil, that is what is on the other side. I did not know what I was getting into when they paid me for this job. But money is money, and a job is a job. What they are doing, though.......I cannot say....." She seems to be in some pain, other than what you lot have done to her.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-09-02 at 02:06 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

5. - Top - End - #215

PirateCaptain

Infernion

Infernion picks the woman up with one hand. He rears back and brings her to his face. "How do we get through?"

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Infernion

She stares you in the eye and starts to say something, but then she stops. "I cannot." She seems to be under a great amount of stress.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

7. - Top - End - #217

PirateCaptain

Infernion

"Can you point? Can you look?"

(If she cannot he will continue the questioning. "What can you tell us then? Help us and we can help you."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Infernion

She doesn't answer the first couple of questions. Then she seems to think of something and perks up a little, and get a sly smile on her face. "You let me go, untie me, and finish healing my wounds, and I will give you some information that will help you. What do you all say to that?"

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

9. - Top - End - #219

PirateCaptain

Infernion

Infernion chuckles in a low, sonorous tone. He thinks back to the meeting with the Silver, only a few days previous.
    We need to know what they are up to, so you must figure that out as well. Once you have, do not leave any alive. Would you do this for me, Infernion: Red that is no longer enslaved?"
    "Information first. Freedom after."
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-09-02 at 02:37 AM.

10. - Top - End - #220

Dak returns to the group, paying little attention to the interrogation between Infernion and the apparent captain of this room. Two necklaces, match hers...but hers different, he points out. 5000 GP...shiny. And magic scroll. Weapons and bows...Dak identify later.

During the conversation, Dak stows the two longswords, two shortbows, two necklaces, set of robes, and single scroll he found on the bodies. Approaching them, he suggests, Press her against barrier. She closed...maybe she opens, eyeballing her necklace closely.
    Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-09-02 at 11:06 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221

PirateCaptain

Taking the little man's suggestion to his burning heart, Infernion all but smashes the woman into the runed doors.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Infernion

Dak comes over and makes the suggestion to put her against the door. You look at the door, look at the woman, and then look back at the door. You stow your implements, grab the back her armor/clothes, and slam her (as she squirms) against the door. You hold her there for a second, squished upon the door, and she says, in a slightly squished voice......"What, may I ask, are you doing?" You stand there for a few moments, but nothing seems to be happening.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

13. - Top - End - #223

PirateCaptain

Infernion

Infernion lets the woman slump to the ground against the door and places his large clawed foot on her. He turns to Dax, seething with frustration. "Well little man, any more bright ideas?"

14. - Top - End - #224

Dak think we not alone in room. Scampering up and standing as tall as he can, he focused his mind on what might have caused the woman to cause her to not talk in such a hastened manner earlier. Dak senses the room for any magical presence that might be influencing the discussion, as well as glaring facial tells being poorly-masked by the woman.

Spoiler
    Show
    Arcana - (1d20+17)[32], to see if anyone is controlling her thoughts or otherwise causing her mental trauma before she speaks
    Insight - (1d20+10)[30] to see if she's telling the truth in wanting to help us in exchange for freedom, or if she's just looking for a way out of here.

15. - Top - End - #225

After a few moments of careful study, Dak grasps the necklace around the woman's neck and gently lifts it over her head and away, eyeballing it the whole time. Turning his neck slowly to the dragonborn, he says, Try again. Now she talk, as he analyzes the charm closer. Magic of Devil-God? What powers it? he says as he sits cross-legged.

Spoiler
    Show
    Arcana on the necklace: (1d20+17)[34]

16. - Top - End - #226

PirateCaptain

Infernion

"You heard the little man, start talking."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

ALL

The woman laughs a little and retorts, "Well, it seems your 'little man' doesn't know as much as he thinks he does."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

18. - Top - End - #228

Do not listen. She now speak freely.

Recognizing the necklace as being innately magical, he pulls out the other necklaces similar in shape and design and shares with the group, Use to talk through walls in own minds. Put this on? Speak with someone else. You can hear a bit of quivering in his voice as he shares the news, however. The thought of putting this on makes him nervous, and he sounds as if he's almost asking someone else to try it out.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

ALL

She looks at Dak, "No, I do not 'speak freely.' And I would not put those necklaces on if I were you....."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

20. - Top - End - #230

Dak ignores the comment and shuffles over to the glowing runes, and after taking a deep breath, with one hand grasping the necklace, he touches the barrier in various ways -- fist-first, necklace first, anything to try to pierce its magic warding.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, why not: perception check at and around the door looking for any hidden switches... (1d20+16)[30]

21. - Top - End - #231

Frustrated at his innate magical talents failing him at the task of opening this damned door, and with the armored woman's constant pestering and mockery finally getting to him, he huffs and puffs his way over to the group, glaring over at the woman. Dak not SCARED! he growls as he adorns the ornament around his neck.

22. - Top - End - #232

PirateCaptain

Through gritted teeth Infernion growls a sigh. "Alright, alright. You may have your freedom if you aid us with the door"

Bluff: (1d20+16)[20](36)

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Dak

You hear the woman's words, but you don't really listen. You think and think about what to do, finally you just put the necklace on and.....
    For Dramatic Purposes(All Eyes)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing happens. The necklace does nothing, and you don't feel any different.

Infernion

She looks at you, and studies your face, and says fairly softly, though everyone can still hear her, "Trust me, there is nothing I would like more than to tell you how to get through there and leave this place, esp since I got much more than what I got paid for this gig, but I can't. Are you not listening to me you idiot lizard," she starts to get significantly louder as she talks, and she also seems to be fighting something on the inside. "I CAN'T tell you because I am not ABLE to tell you! You have to fix me before I can!!" With that last statement, she screams out loud, doubles over, and throws up at your feet. She then breaks out into red splotches everywhere and start groaning in pain.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-09-03 at 10:14 PM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

24. - Top - End - #234

PirateCaptain

Infernion

He pulls out his rods again, using them as a focus of power. She is more like me then I realized. Something has invested her with a power for a terrible price...I have done it once, I can do it again"

Using a small amount of his prodigious power, Infernion cuts an iron ring from one of the torch sconces. Originally the spell was difficult, almost impossible to master. But once mastered, it became easy. He touches the ring to his own amulet while adding in energy of his own to duplicate the spell.

Arcana: (1d20+14)[2](16) + 1 healing surge to add some oomph.

He puts it on her, in contact with her skin, hoping he was able to help her.
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-09-03 at 10:45 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ewin

Ewin stomps towards Dak, curious about the amulet the artificer was trying to get to work.
    "May I have a look?", he asks, as he holds open his right hand towards him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Religion - (1d20+10)[15]

Getting increasingly annoyed with the leader's inability to cooperate, he jerks his head around an hisses:
    "I'll be right with you, don't you worry. But you'd better make it worth my while, or the evil in here will become a bigger concern to you than the evil on the other side of that wall."
    Currently playing:
    Davion, Tiefling Illusionist - The Goddess Liberators
    Ewin, Tiefling Paladin - The Five of the Realm (FR)

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Infernion

You lower the ring to her forehead, but it doesn't have the desired effect you had expected. Instead, you sense something else that is on the woman, something willing her to do its bidding, but not maliciously. You sense there is something on her chest, just below her neck......under her clothing.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

27. - Top - End - #237

PirateCaptain

Infernion

The dragon stows his amplification rod (rod of brutality). He extends his clawed forefinger and cuts her tunic down to were he detected the something else

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Infernion

You cut the woman's tunic down and the top of her shirt falls open to reveal a glowing circle about the size of an amulet, with runes in the circle. It seems to be emitting a pale red light, once her shirt it out of the way.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal Stormchaser

As this spectacle of an interrogation played out, Mai watched at first with amusement that quickly turned to surprise as Infernion bashed the unsuspecting mercenary unsuccessfully into the door--she almost moved to stop him but knew that would have been pointless--then bemusement as they fumbled with necklaces and spells. But when he tore open her tunic is when the mage stepped in.

"All right, all right, that's enough. You boys have had your fun, now it's my turn. Why don't you go play with your new toys or something," she not-quite-yells, pointing and waving with her staff so as to separate the dragon-man from their captive, and there's enough thunder in her voice to show that she's at least fairly upset. She pivots the woman away from frontal view of the males and gives her a quick but genuine sympathetic look before getting down to business.

"Well let's have a look at you, shall we Miss... what did you say your name was?" she asks, but that's all just banter while Mai examines the magical tattoo preventing her from speaking freely.

Spoiler
    Show

Arcana to understand the tattoo, especially how to remove it: (1d20+19)[32]
    Religion if applicable: (1d20+19)[34]
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Mai

The leader seems to be a little bit relieved that the only other woman in the bunch has now taken over this "interrogation." "Arien Stormcrow is my name. And I wish I had never taken this damn job now. I knew the money they paid me was too good to be true. Should have listened to my instincts......." She trails off and seems to give in to Mai's probing. She does, however, seem much appreciative of Mai for turning her around, though she showed nothing of this to the males in the room.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally