New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Demacia! (League of Legends Prcs/Miscellany - PEACH)

Judicator added!

I'm not sure about it, to be honest. It kinda screams Clericzilla, but then... that's what Kayle is, no?

Input?
    My forum avatars appear to have decomposed in my absence. C'est la vie.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    If you use any of my homebrew, or even if you just have a strong opinion on it, please let me know. Feedback is always useful.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Might of Demacia:

Judgment needs some clarification, at the very least. It screamed "POWER ATTACK FOR FULL!!!" to me as well.
    Yes, you can't PA with it directly, as PA is declared "before making attack rolls for a round", and Judgement doesn't do attack rolls. But you could, for instance, declare your PA when you take an AoO, and "add [a] number to all melee damage rolls... until your next turn." Which is problematic.
    If you want to keep it an auto-hit (which is pretty dangerous, but I can't break it by looking at it except for the above), I'd add a fixed number of things that are added to the damage roll. The weapon's base damage, your strength modifier, weapon enhancements, the Weapon Specialization feat (heh), and so on.

I'd leave maneuvers out of Decisive Strike, mostly because half of them are nothing but "I hit'em REEEEALLY HARD". Giving it the same restrictions as a Barbarian's Rage sounds about right to me, but then, I don't know the fluff of the ability it's replicating.

Heart of the Tempest:

Electrical Surge: What does "Every third basic attack" mean? Rolled randomly every time the Heart of the Tempest attacks, not including maneuvers and touch attacks?

Eye of Twilight

Shadow Dash: YAY, Goad is worth a damn now. But is casting a spell an "attack" for this purpose?

Twilight's Blade (Su): <- Missing the colon. Also, when you gain Fast Healing on your turn for one round, when does it activate? At the start of your next round (and then it expires)? Why not just plain healing?

Widowmaker

Jeez, this is a good class. A definite improvement over straight Rogue levels, at least. I'll leave it to you to decide whether that's a good thing.

"Precision Damage" is missing from the table. Also, why not just give an independent SA progression?

Ravage: Autohit problems again. See Judgement comments, above.

Judicator

Spellcasting: I think you mean "If the Judicator did not possess the ability to cast divine spells prior to entering this prestige class, she gains no benefit from this feature, and congratulations on cheating the entry requirements."

Holy Fervor: Clerics have some very effective ways to boost their strength. I'd have this bonus typed, at least. Enhancement (sucks)? Sacred (Pretty damned good)?

Reckoning: Makes [Divine] feats that only cost one TU attempt effectively uncapped on a per-day basis. That's... useful, to say the least.

Divine Blessing + Reckoning = relatively efficient infinihealing. Intentional?

Overall, powerful PrCs. Won't slap the "too powerful!" stamp on any of them, though, so congrats.
    Halfling healer avatar by Akrim.elf.

My sarcasm is never blue.

Personal stuff: The Diablo 2 game (DMing), BBCode syntax highlighter for KDE
    CharOp: Lists of Necessary Magic Items
    Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ernir View Post
    Might of Demacia:

Judgment needs some clarification, at the very least. It screamed "POWER ATTACK FOR FULL!!!" to me as well.

[...etc]
    Good points all. I guess I never really looked at Power Attack that way. The others should have been obvious though. I'll clear it up soonish.

I'd leave maneuvers out of Decisive Strike, mostly because half of them are nothing but "I hit'em REEEEALLY HARD". Giving it the same restrictions as a Barbarian's Rage sounds about right to me, but then, I don't know the fluff of the ability it's replicating.
    The restriction on maneuevers was intentional, to make it not just a caster-basher ability. In LoL, Silence stops you from using any of your abilities, melee types included.

Heart of the Tempest:

Electrical Surge: What does "Every third basic attack" mean? Rolled randomly every time the Heart of the Tempest attacks, not including maneuvers and touch attacks?
    Standard attacks. That is, something derived from either the attack or full attack action, not any form of special ability. You keep track of them as you go (A common Kennen strategy is to charge up his Electrical Surge counts and then hit and enemy and Surge him for two Marks instantly.), which shouldn't be too hard I would think.

Eye of Twilight

Shadow Dash: YAY, Goad is worth a damn now. But is casting a spell an "attack" for this purpose?
    Mission accomplished!

Any offensive spell counts as a form of attack, yes.

Twilight's Blade (Su): <- Missing the colon. Also, when you gain Fast Healing on your turn for one round, when does it activate? At the start of your next round (and then it expires)? Why not just plain healing?
    *shakes fist at missing colon*

I was under the impression that all Fast Healing took effect at the start of a character's turn.

The reason for Fast Healing over straight healing is simple: Fast Healing doesn't stack. If you bash something for 25, 32, and 19 damage, you get Fast Healing 16. If you got half that damage healed instantly, it would be considerably more total health. Plus, Shen's Vorpal Blade ability gives a heal over time, which is represented better by Fast Healing.

Widowmaker

Jeez, this is a good class. A definite improvement over straight Rogue levels, at least. I'll leave it to you to decide whether that's a good thing.
    Evelynn is a tricky character to convert to 3.5 without either gimping her terribly or changing her abilities entirely. I tried to strike a balance between the two, but yes, she's a Rogue++.

"Precision Damage" is missing from the table. Also, why not just give an independent SA progression?
    Fixing, and I'm almost entirely certain that there are classes that progress precision damage at a nonstandard rate. An extra line of text to accommodate them doesn't seem like too much to ask.

Ravage: Autohit problems again. See Judgement comments, above.
    Noted.

Judicator

Spellcasting: I think you mean "If the Judicator did not possess the ability to cast divine spells prior to entering this prestige class, she gains no benefit from this feature, and congratulations on cheating the entry requirements."
    And I think you missed the "or" in the requirements.

Holy Fervor: Clerics have some very effective ways to boost their strength. I'd have this bonus typed, at least. Enhancement (sucks)? Sacred (Pretty damned good)?
    Sacred it is.

Reckoning: Makes [Divine] feats that only cost one TU attempt effectively uncapped on a per-day basis. That's... useful, to say the least.
    At-will encounter abilities have always, you know, required people to be in an encounter, in my games. See also: chopping through mountains with ToB. If a DM allows it outside of encounters, he's kinda asking for it.

Divine Blessing + Reckoning = relatively efficient infinihealing. Intentional?
    See above.
    Last edited by Jarian; 2011-01-28 at 04:46 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    If you use any of my homebrew, or even if you just have a strong opinion on it, please let me know. Feedback is always useful.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Frost Archer added. I would especially like comments on this one, as I'm not entirely sure about how well I translated it, or the balance of Volley.
    Homebrewer's Signature

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Awesome work all around! I would love to see the Will of the Blades at some point!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Awesome work all around! I would love to see the Will of the Blades at some point!
    It's on my list of PrCs to finish, right after the Prodigal Explorer and Maven of the Strings.

...which, if my computer would stop crashing, would be done by now. Oh well. Soon, anyway.
    Last edited by Jarian; 2011-01-29 at 01:17 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Since those frost arrows only require 5 focus, maybe they should allow a fort save to resist their effects?
    Check out the Final Fantasy d6 System by Dust.
    Tophat imp avatar by Darwin. (Imps are DEVILS not demons)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, yes they should.

And now they do.
    Last edited by Jarian; 2011-01-29 at 01:50 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Maven of the Strings has been added! I especially liked this one.

It can be found with the Judicator, since I failed to reserve enough space.
    Homebrewer's Signature

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Aaaand Will of the Blades is finally done! It can be found in the first post, with the Might of Demacia. I hope I got the psi-gish flavor across while properly translating her abilities.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Jarian; 2011-01-29 at 05:08 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature

11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I love this! Nice job.

I'd love to see a Tiny Master of Evil tho...
    The Resistance character:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Uthlas-Reth
    Male CG Grey Elf Wizard 1/Archivist 2, Level 3, Init +3, HP 17/17, Speed
    AC 12, Touch 12, Flat-footed 9, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Lt. Crossbow +4 (1d8, 19-20x2)
    5-ft burst Fiery burst DC 17 Reflex (2d6, -)
    Quarterstaff -1 (1d6-2, 20x2)
    (+3 Dex, -1 Misc)
    Abilities Str 6, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 8
    Condition None

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

The problem with Veigar is I have absolutely no clue how to translate his continually increasing AP to, say, a Wizard's spells.
    Homebrewer's Signature

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spell DC increase? Caster level bonus?
    Last edited by Mecharious; 2011-01-30 at 01:58 AM.
    Check out the Final Fantasy d6 System by Dust.
    Tophat imp avatar by Darwin. (Imps are DEVILS not demons)

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jarian View Post
    Frost Archer added. I would especially like comments on this one, as I'm not entirely sure about how well I translated it, or the balance of Volley.
    Was going to request it.

Am requesting that you make a Master of Metal class =D

Let me review Frost Archer Now ^w^

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Demacia! (LoL Prcs/Miscellany - PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarian View Post
    Frost Archer

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Feat: Precise Shot
    plus
    Class Feature: Improved Combat Style: Archery
    or
    Class Feature: Flawless Stride
    What class is Flawless Stride from?

Class Skills
    The Frost Archer's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (geography) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), and Use Rope (Dex).
    Skills Points at Each Level: 6 + int
    Good skill set, though I question if Geography should be on there. I am slightly curious as to your reasoning for Concentration to be there.

Hit Dice: d8

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |Focus, Frost Shot

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |Volley

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |Hawkshot

4th|
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |Enchanted Crystal Arrow [/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A Frost Archer gains no new armor or weapon proficiencies.
    Nothing to comment on.

Focus (Ex): A Frost Archer has a limited pool of extreme mental acuity that she may draw upon to produce potent physical or nigh-magical effects. This pool, known simply as Focus, consists of 100 points. Each of the Frost Archer's abilities cost a certain amount of Focus, as noted in their descriptions.

While below full Focus, a Frost Archer regains 10 Focus at the beginning of each of her turns. While at full Focus, the Frost Archer's critical threat range with ranged weapons doubles, and she may expend 25 Focus to automatically confirm a critical threat of her choice.
    Oooh, a new resource to keep track of, but a constantly refilling one. Does the "expend 25 Focus to automatically confirm" require threatening a critical hit on its own? I would also, rather than having a passive "double your threatening range" say "Add one to your critical threat range per level of Frost Archer. Other effects that boost your critical threat range apply before Frost Archer." This makes it slightly more likely for you to GET critical hits.

Frost Shot (Su): At will, a Frost Archer may elect to bestow the Frost weapon property upon any ammunition she fires. In addition to the standard effects, enemies struck by ammunition imbued with this effect are also slowed, reducing their movement speed by half and imposing a penalty to AC and Reflex saves equal to the Frost Archer's level in this prestige class for one round. A successful fortitude save, DC (10+1/2HD+Dex mod) negates the slowing and penalties.

Each unit of ammunition fired with this effect consumes 5 Focus.
    Recommend that you use the Icy Burst weapon property, which is identical to the Frost weapon property, except actually does something on a critical.

Volley (Ex): As a full-round action, a Frost Archer may fire a number of arrows up to her level in this prestige class at each enemy within a 30-foot cone in front of her. The Frost Archer makes a single attack roll against each enemy at her highest attack bonus; if a given attack is successful against a foe, then all of the arrows fired at it hit. The only effects calculated when determining the damage dealt by Volley are the base damage of the weapon, any special properties of the weapon, and any special properties of the ammunition.

The base Focus cost of Volley can be seen on the table below. In addition, the Frost Archer may elect to apply Frost Shot to the entire Volley - doing so costs an additional amount of Focus equal to 5 times the number of arrows fired at each enemy (calculate once, not for the entire volley). E.g.: when firing a Volley of four arrows at each enemy within range, the total extra cost to imbue all arrows with Frost Shot is 20.

Volley can be used every 1d6 rounds.

{table=head]Arrows fired <br>(per enemy) | Focus Cost
    1 | 10
    2 | 23
    3 | 36
    4 | 50[/table]
    The phrasing for this entire ability feels slightly whack. I'm not sure, exactly, how to fix it. I'd also recommend changing the cost of applying Frost Shot to Volley to be 5 per Enemy, rather than 5 per Level. This makes it slightly less... costly.

Hawkshot (Su): As a swift action, a Frost Archer can fire a translucent arrow of energy from her bow in place of an arrow. Midflight, the arrow takes the form of a hawk, which flies in place in the square the attack was directed at. As a move action, the Frost Archer can will herself to see through the hawk's eyes - the hawk possesses the same visual capabilities of the Frost Archer, plus blindsight with a 30-foot range. The Frost Archer can freely attack while viewing through the hawk's eyes, but cannot move beyond taking a 5-foot step each round. The Frost Archer can resume viewing through her own eyes as a free action.

The hawk cannot attack in any way; it is never allowed an attack roll or a saving throw. It cannot be killed, but it dissipates if it takes 6 points of damage from area attacks, then reappears in the same location two rounds later. If you move beyond the ability's range (calculated as three range increments of the weapon used to fire the Hawkshot), the hawk ceases to exist.

Firing a Hawkshot restores 5 Focus per Frost Archer level.

This ability can be used every 2d6 rounds.
    Try referring to the hawk as a Sentry in the shape of a hawk instead of a hawk. That'll make it less likely to get people trying to pull shenanigans with it.

Enchanted Crystal Arrow (Su): Once per encounter, a Frost Archer can fire a huge, quasi-real arrow of shimmering blue force along with a normal unit of ammunition. The Crystal Arrow affects a path 15-feet wide, but can pass through solid objects with no effort. The Crystal Arrow stops when the normal arrow it is fired with collides with a solid object - either a barrier or an enemy - or when the Crystal Arrow's path comes in contact with an enemy itself. In either case, all enemies within 20 feet of the point of impact take 1d6 cold damage per two HD the Frost Archer possesses, and must make a DC (10+1/2HD+Dex mod) fortitude save or be stunned for one round. If the arrow traveled at least 100 feet during its flight, the stun duration is increased to 2 rounds, and the save DC increases by 1.
    Seems... lack luster. For a capstone (and the scariest Ult to fly out of nowhere to strike me in the face) I think it should do more. 10d6 colds damage in a 20ft burst that can stun seems really small, even more so if it's only 4d6 (which, I believe, is the earliest you can get it). =\ Not worth that last level.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Demacia! (LoL Prcs/Miscellany - PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    What class is Flawless Stride from?
    Scout, Complete Adventurer. Sixth level ability, as Improved Combat Style.

Good skill set, though I question if Geography should be on there. I am slightly curious as to your reasoning for Concentration to be there.
    The skills are copied verbatim from the Ranger's skill list. *shrug*

Oooh, a new resource to keep track of, but a constantly refilling one. Does the "expend 25 Focus to automatically confirm" require threatening a critical hit on its own? I would also, rather than having a passive "double your threatening range" say "Add one to your critical threat range per level of Frost Archer. Other effects that boost your critical threat range apply before Frost Archer." This makes it slightly more likely for you to GET critical hits.
    You have to threaten a critical to automatically confirm one, yes. I like your idea on the crit range.

Recommend that you use the Icy Burst weapon property, which is identical to the Frost weapon property, except actually does something on a critical.
    Considered it, but it's the equivalent of a free +2 weapon property on everything you fire, ever, in addition to lowering AC and Reflex. Maybe at 4th level it can upgrade for free.

The phrasing for this entire ability feels slightly whack. I'm not sure, exactly, how to fix it. I'd also recommend changing the cost of applying Frost Shot to Volley to be 5 per Enemy, rather than 5 per Level. This makes it slightly less... costly.
    The wording is clunky, I admit, but I'm not sure how to fix it and still be clear on how the ability works.

Volley has a set mana cost in LoL, which is what I was trying to capture in the never-changing cost based on the number of arrows, not enemies.

Try referring to the hawk as a Sentry in the shape of a hawk instead of a hawk. That'll make it less likely to get people trying to pull shenanigans with it.
    Fair enough. The wording was copied mostly from Wood Wose, but extra clarity never hurt.

Seems... lack luster. For a capstone (and the scariest Ult to fly out of nowhere to strike me in the face) I think it should do more. 10d6 colds damage in a 20ft burst that can stun seems really small, even more so if it's only 4d6 (which, I believe, is the earliest you can get it). =\ Not worth that last level.
    5d6 is actually the earliest you can get it, and let's not forget that it's an auto-hit, no-save damage ability, with a two round stun tacked on.
    Last edited by Jarian; 2011-01-30 at 07:04 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Skills:
    Ranger has spells. This doesn't. Ergo, no need for Concentration!

Frost Shot: A +2 weapon property that is identical to a +1 property except it does something extra on a crit. =\ Not really feeling the imbalance. Notable, however, is the fact that Frost Shot doesn't actually

Volley: Notice how I specified the cost of adding /frost shot/. Not the cost itself. Frost Shot'd volleys are EXPENSIVE. Actually, on that note, what's the point of a cool down when you're going to take longer than that cool down to get your Focus back? This, of course, mostly applies to later levels of it, where it costs half your focus pool to use and isn't really all that awesome, sadly. Admittedly it's "You take a crap ton of damage" but still.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Skills:
    Ranger has spells. This doesn't. Ergo, no need for Concentration!
    ...I've never played a Ranger that didn't trade away its spellcasting for something, so I didn't even think of that. Should have been obvious, I suppose.

Volley: Notice how I specified the cost of adding /frost shot/. Not the cost itself. Frost Shot'd volleys are EXPENSIVE.
    Intentional. For 20 Focus, you add 4d6 or more (Icy Burst) damage to every enemy.

Actually, on that note, what's the point of a cool down when you're going to take longer than that cool down to get your Focus back?
    Because right below the Frost Archer, you will find Manamune, which makes every one of those arrows that hits restore 1 Focus. I sort of think of it as a Nightstick for the Frost Archer - not necessary, but a cheap investment that goes a long way to extending your pool of resources.

Perhaps a critical could restore 5 focus/crit modifier?
    Homebrewer's Signature

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, I totally missed the Manamune.

Also, on further review, Ashe's arrows aren't at all different from Traxex's, and neither archer's 'Frost' Arrows actually deal any bonus damage, instead slowing enemy movement (and lowering enemy attack speed, for Trax). =| So, uh....

20. - Top - End - #50

I'd like to see a Curator of the Sands, but I'd imagine his abilities would be tricky.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

I actually have a Curator PrC open in Word right now, half finished. It's not all that difficult, really. The hardest part was figuring out how Siphoning Strike was supposed to work.
    Homebrewer's Signature

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Any word on Master of Metal?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Um, after Curator of the Sands, at the very least. I may be inspired to finish the Prodigal Explorer first, too. We'll see.
    Homebrewer's Signature

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Sweetness. =3

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Curator of the Sands PrC added to the first post.
    Homebrewer's Signature

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Master of Metal PrC added to the third post.

Yes, names were changed. Iron Man was just stupid, and Children of the Grave made no sense for a metal-themed PrC.

Comments? Requests for additional PrCs?
    Last edited by Jarian; 2011-01-30 at 04:50 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

I like! =D

No real commentary on it, though I'm strongly considering testing the class out if I can con a DM into allowing it.

May want to mention that the damage can't be reduced by DR or the like.
    Last edited by NineThePuma; 2011-01-30 at 05:40 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

More Tryndamere, Fiddlesticks, and Vladmir please.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

29. - Top - End - #59

I've been looking these classes over and all i can say is: fantastic job. I at first didn't think it would translate well but you proved me wrong.

Something i'd like to see would be either a Grandmaster at Arms or a Void Walker... or maybe a prophet of the void. Really anything pertaining to the void would be great.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

May want to mention that the damage can't be reduced by DR or the like.
    DR only applies to physical attacks. Untyped damage isn't physical or elemental, so neither DR nor energy resistances apply to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    More Tryndamere, Fiddlesticks, and Vladmir please.
    Trynamere may be coming soon, if I can ever make his ultimate come across as something other than Frenzied-Berserker-In-One-Level.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoblack View Post
    I've been looking these classes over and all i can say is: fantastic job. I at first didn't think it would translate well but you proved me wrong.

Something i'd like to see would be either a Grandmaster at Arms or a Void Walker... or maybe a prophet of the void. Really anything pertaining to the void would be great.
    Thank you.

I have a half-finished Malzahar PrC collecting dust on my hard drive. His other abilities are easy enough, but his passive gave me so many headaches trying to make right that I eventually dropped it altogether. I may finish it at some point in the future, since it would be a shame to not have one of the coolest characters in LoL represented here.
    Homebrewer's Signature