New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Demacia! (League of Legends Prcs/Miscellany - PEACH)

Had a random thought - what about a Blitzcrank PrC for Warforged? Mana Barrier would be the tricky bit, of course. Hmm. Maybe I'll try my hand at a solution.
    Last edited by Eurus; 2011-02-20 at 07:57 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Halfling in the Playground

How did I not know about this?! I was just thinking the other day that we needed these. Thank you Jarian, these are awesome :).

Also, do you think, perhaps, you could do Akali?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

1) I need to play LoL more. I don't recognize enough of these xD;

2)
    Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Also, could you do a less fluent man a favor and list the sources for non-core feats and stuff please..?
    Seconded

3) If Ryze isn't up there, can I suggest him? Otherwise Annie?

4) Keep them coming, I'm loving this work so far!
    Last edited by ZaneLaCoix; 2011-04-16 at 11:25 PM.
    Characters:

I live on the time zone which is -5 hours to GMT, but I'm a night owl. Beware!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jarian View Post
    I finished all the PrCs I could faithfully convert. It started to get to the point where I was making bigger and bigger leaps in mechanics just to make things fit, and I didn't want it to come to that. Maybe I'll have a surge of insight one of these days and realize that of course that's how I should have done X character's abilities, but for now... *shrug* I don't know what else I can do while keeping things similar between the two.
    This tells me that she's unlikely to do more PrCs.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

Blast! Well no matter. Ashe and Shen make my day ne'er the less
    Characters:

I live on the time zone which is -5 hours to GMT, but I'm a night owl. Beware!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

I kno, rite?

Personally, I like Master of Metal, if only because it gives me auto-proficiency with all sorts of crazy stuff.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

A few thoughts on Curator:

Augmented Monk Abilities: with this class ability, why would anyone go into monk before taking this class? As regards these abilities, by 20, a character could either have an effective 20 levels in monk (by going full monk/monk-PrC, Curator included, for 20 levels), or an effective 15 levels in monk (by going 15 levels in whatever the hell they wanted and taking 5 levels of Curator).

This effectively gives ANYONE who takes this class +50 feet, +3 AC (including Touch and FF), a 2d6 weapon before enchantment (quarterstaff or "similar" weapon... what defines similar? And remember monks get this to make up for non-enchantable fists {even if I think they should be able to apply it to monk weapons, I understand why they can't}), AND, most importantly, TWO free attacks. That is a lot to gain from a five level prestige class without even touching their real abilities.

A full fighter could turn that into nastiness, since he can take Weapon Specialization and has enough feats to make any monk cry. Furthermore, the monks get an AC bonus solely to make up for their lack of armor (yes, they can still get enchanted robes, but +5 AC robes won't give the same AC as +5 armor will). And while I won't get into the details, if you use the Class Defense variant rule like we do, the fighter once again draws a significant advantage from this.

So what does a monk get? Another 10 feet, another AC, and a jump to 2d10? The vast array of abilities that define a monk were just given away for free. Sure, they still get some mobility stuff, some saves-related stuff, Ki Strike, and Quivering Palm (assuming you actually went monk to 15 instead of taking other monk-PrCs in addition to this)... I feel like it's kind of a throwaway for them. My suggestion would either be to bring it down to just stacking with monk levels (like most monk PrCs) or making the gap between monks and non-monks more significant -- maybe make it equivalent to half their HD? That would make an entry-level fighter 5 / Curator 1 the equivalent of a 3rd level monk, so they can keep pace (hell it works out better in the front end), but someone who strays back into realms-less-monk-like after the fact will find themselves equivalent to a level 10 monk at endgame... One extra attack, 1d10, +2 AC, and 30ft... seems much more reasonable. And makes being a monk or monk-PrC around levels of Curator meaningful again.

As for everything else, I like it. Back when I still played LoL I *loved* Nasus tanking, and I feel like this captures the spirit of that very well. Spirit Fire and Wither are especially spot on, and while percentage based stuff drives me nuts, I couldn't think of a better way to implement Soul Eater and Fury of the Sand's percentage based stuff while keeping true to their intention (switching them to HD-based dmg would take away Nasus' anti-tank capability).

Siphoning Strike's damage cap is phrased a little strangely (they get +3 per stack, but a first level Curator caps at +10... can he get 3 stacks, or 3 and 1/3?). Perhaps basing the cap on a number of stacks rather than a specific bonus would be more mathematically comfortable? 3/7/10/13/17 stacks translates to 9/21/30/39/51 damage, which is functionally the same, give or take 1 dmg here or there.

The only thing I feel is missing is one aspect of Fury of the Sand... if I recall correctly, that power at least used to (maybe they changed it now) turn part of that health drained into bonus melee damage. Popping Fury and running into a big crowd turned Nasus' SS into a clobbering machine. I can't think of a good mechanic off the top of my head (especially at the end of this lengthy of a post), but I feel like if you want to stay true to flavor, that part is crucial.
    "My name is Kakita Aijou. I returned home once to find it burning, my friends in battle. My parents, my brothers, all dead. Only three things were left afterwards, my younger sister, my fellow swordsman, Hamza, and my hatred. My hatred still burns, I would suggest getting out of my way."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Necro Much?

Really hoping Jarian will update though. There have been a couple good humanoid heroes in the last few patches.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Pixie in the Playground

Eh, for some odd reason it was on my front page, not sure why now that I see the dates. *head scratch* Sorry about that.

But while I'm on the subject, I also noticed something from Prophet of the Void... Null Zone, "plus an additional 2% of the target's max hp." So like, an additional 1-2dmg? Because sooooooo few people have more than 150hp
    "My name is Kakita Aijou. I returned home once to find it burning, my friends in battle. My parents, my brothers, all dead. Only three things were left afterwards, my younger sister, my fellow swordsman, Hamza, and my hatred. My hatred still burns, I would suggest getting out of my way."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Really hoping Jarian will update though. There have been a couple good humanoid heroes in the last few patches.
    Don't hold your breath. I haven't played in ages. Anything I created at this point would just be a guess, honestly.
    My forum avatars appear to have decomposed in my absence. C'est la vie.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    If you use any of my homebrew, or even if you just have a strong opinion on it, please let me know. Feedback is always useful.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

I didn't mean you had to do it immediately. Take some time, play the game. Get back into whatever comfort zone you need to feel good about. Heck, put it off for a month or two as you get your life settled because you just came back after having a banner in your sig saying "Yeah guys, real life kind of exploded and now there's crap everywhere. I'll try to get crap together, but I'm gonna be unavailable for a while."

I, at least, am more than willing to wait until you're comfortable with your familiarity with the new heroes. Especially given that 28~30 (since you stopped making heroes in February 2011) have been released, at least half of them being what-I-consider-to-be PrC fodder.

Heck, if you decide to drop the project outright, I'm not going to get mad either. Homebrew isn't easy.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

I didn't mean you had to do it immediately. Take some time, play the game. Get back into whatever comfort zone you need to feel good about.
    Turns out that was good advice!

Grand Duelist PrC added to the fourth post.

Oh, and lots of pictures added everywhere.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    If you use any of my homebrew, or even if you just have a strong opinion on it, please let me know. Feedback is always useful.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Like the pics. Where's Garen's pic from?

Grand Duelist advances initiator level but doesn't do anything with it.

It does, however, look AWESOME and very fine.

I knew you were good but I didn't expect you to have material that fast, honestly.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Like the pics. Where's Garen's pic from?
    Google.

"[Champion] LoL" -> Scroll until I find best picture. That's how I did all of them.

Grand Duelist advances initiator level but doesn't do anything with it.
    Same for several ToB PrCs. It's intentional.

It does, however, look AWESOME and very fine.
    Neat.

I knew you were good but I didn't expect you to have material that fast, honestly.
    Then prepare to have your socks knocked off.

Fallen Angel PrC added to the sixth post.
    Homebrewer's Signature

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

/me is so lucky he was bare foot.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Curator seems off to me. Doing % someone's life is really, really annoying. Soul Eater is also a pain because it is variant damage so often. Pulling up a calculator during play or having to do even more mathematics for a game that is already number based is not so much fun. It also does not seem correct for him to be Monk based. When I play him (yes, he is my favorite Bruiser), I run into the enemy like a damn freight train and beat them to death with a tree branch. There is no fancy dodging or fanciful strikes. It is brutal, nasty, and oh-so sexy.

I would actually suggest basing him on a Warblade or Crusader and letting Siphoning Strike (great job on that one, by the way) be used on Maneuvers. It would actually be great for Warblade. "Maneuver with Siphoning Strike, Wither or Spirit Fire as a flourish to regain Maneuver, and Maneuver with Siphoning Strike again." It keeps the Curator of the Sands as a "I do one, maybe two, monster hits that leave you reeling." Also, Wither seems a little overpowered. Cutting half of someone's movement and then lowering their movement speed by 5 per round, you get to the point where someone is totally unable to move. I would suggest maxing the reduction to like 5 so it does not become a total root.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

With Curator of the sands, I agree that the % damage is a little wonky. Maybe make it deal bonus damage equal to their HD or something? That may be a bit more simple for users and reflect the LoL mechanic as faithfully as possible

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Google.

"[Champion] LoL" -> Scroll until I find best picture. That's how I did all of them.
    Ah, that's the Chinese artwork for Desert Trooper Garen. Very nice. =D

Fallen Angel PrC added to the sixth post.
    The PrC is quite solid for "blasty" clerics. Black Shield might be just a touch confusing (you might want to specify that it blocks damage from Spells, SLAs, and Su abilities, rather than the vague and undefined "Magic Damage" which you then have to define).

EDIT:

At the Curator of the Sands discussion, I would say that it might be better to scale from 10/20/30%, which means 1/10 of damage, 1/5 of damage, and 3/10 damage. It scales slightly faster, and causes more healing, but Nasus is surprisingly bulky.
    Last edited by NineThePuma; 2012-06-11 at 01:35 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Shadow of War PrC added to fourth post.

The PrC is quite solid for "blasty" clerics. Black Shield might be just a touch confusing (you might want to specify that it blocks damage from Spells, SLAs, and Su abilities, rather than the vague and undefined "Magic Damage" which you then have to define).
    It's intended to reduce damage from flaming, shock, etc weapons, and other physical sources that are clearly magical. I think I spelled it out clearly enough that anyone can understand, but I can take another pass at wording it if you think it's confusing.

--

Regarding Curator of the Sands: I'll look into it. I don't think adding 1 damage for every 20 hp a creature has is exactly strenuous math in need of a calculator, but I'll see what I can do. Tweaked. Less math, more dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Azernak0 View Post
    When I play him (yes, he is my favorite Bruiser), I run into the enemy like a damn freight train and beat them to death with a tree branch. There is no fancy dodging or fanciful strikes. It is brutal, nasty, and oh-so sexy.
    Take the Decisive Strike ACF from PHB 2. Boom, done.
    Last edited by Jarian; 2012-06-11 at 04:10 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Shadow of War PrC added to fourth post.
    Looks very good, though I think it might be a bit action starved.

It's intended to reduce damage from flaming, shock, etc weapons, and other physical sources that are clearly magical. I think I spelled it out clearly enough that anyone can understand, but I can take another pass at wording it if you think it's confusing.
    Well, it's intended to do that as well as block spells, right? I mean, I didn't get confused at all, but I thought it was worth questioning.

As an aside, I'm quietly amused that you can mix Kayle and Morgana's PrCs.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it's intended to do that as well as block spells, right? I mean, I didn't get confused at all, but I thought it was worth questioning.
    That's right.

As an aside, I'm quietly amused that you can mix Kayle and Morgana's PrCs.
    I suspect you'll be able to mix Renekton and Nasus too, once I get around to finishing that one.
    Homebrewer's Signature

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

All fear the Crocodile-Dogman. For he is full of RAGE and SCHOLARLY INSIGHT.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Exemplar of Demacia added to the first post.
    Homebrewer's Signature

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Exemplar of Demacia added to the first post.
    Demacian Guidance is worded strangely. I recommend cutting the flavor text half way through the ability and saying that he cannot enter a new stance on his next turn, rather than the slightly clumsy "until the end of his next turn" phrasing.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Demacian Guidance is worded strangely. I recommend cutting the flavor text half way through the ability and saying that he cannot enter a new stance on his next turn, rather than the slightly clumsy "until the end of his next turn" phrasing.
    That's intentional, though. The end of his next turn means he can't benefit from any offensive stances for that turn, but could still activate a defensive stance before the enemies act if he was so inclined.
    Homebrewer's Signature

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Unless I'm very much mistaken, you can only enter a stance on your turn.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

I... don't suppose... you take class requests... ...do you?
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Unless I'm very much mistaken, you can only enter a stance on your turn.
    *blinks*

Why must intent be so hard to translate properly into rulestext? Raghflg.

It's meant to only allow you to enter the stance as the last action on your next turn. Do you have a suggestion for how to word that better?

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    I... don't suppose... you take class requests... ...do you?
    Sure, but no promises. I have to have inspiration.
    Homebrewer's Signature

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Sure, but no promises. I have to have inspiration.
    Woo on a possible maybe!

If so, these champions:
    -Dr. Mundo
    -Renekton
    -Riven
    -Skarner
    -Swain
    -Tryndamere
    -Vladimir
    -Warwick

Happy brewing.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

I'd like to second the Riven request. She is the coolest.