New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Demacia! (League of Legends Prcs/Miscellany - PEACH)

I love these. I might just use them in my game :P Keep it up. If you ever want to make the Master Tactician.. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to this.
    -Wrath
    "If you can, then do. If you cannot, then find a way so you can."
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessWrath View Post
    I love these. I might just use them in my game :P Keep it up. If you ever want to make the Master Tactician.. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to this.
    -Wrath
    It's open in a word document right now, as a matter of fact.
    My forum avatars appear to have decomposed in my absence. C'est la vie.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    If you use any of my homebrew, or even if you just have a strong opinion on it, please let me know. Feedback is always useful.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

All of the ravens.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    All of the ravens.
    You said Riven, but I heard Raven.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    If you use any of my homebrew, or even if you just have a strong opinion on it, please let me know. Feedback is always useful.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jarian View Post
    You said Riven, but I heard Raven.
    I think he's referencing Swain, who is one of the champions I mentioned above. He's a VERY raven-flavored champion, who traps people with raven claws, shoots a lazer raven at people, and transforms into a demog raven bird. Also, the other guys' avatar is of swain, which is also what he's referencing.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah. I'm not particularly a fan of the Noxian fellows in general, but Riven and Swain break that. (I don't consider Mordekaiser to be Noxian)

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    I think he's referencing Swain, who is one of the champions I mentioned above. He's a VERY raven-flavored champion, who traps people with raven claws, shoots a lazer raven at people, and transforms into a demog raven bird. Also, the other guys' avatar is of swain, which is also what he's referencing.
    I was joking.

Poorly.

---

Magus Ascendant added to the third post. Master Tactician to follow ... *waves hand vaguely* ... Soon™
    Homebrewer's Signature

8. - Top - End - #128
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Vladimir would be awesome.

So would Brand. How could we miss Brand?!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, sowwy. I'm not good at seeing jokes, and I can get trolled easily. Heh.

Also, even if Brand was made into a PrC, fire in 3.5 is easily countered, which is why the much beloved pyro mancer is just not that good, even if it is really really cool.

That reminds me, I should play s'more Brand...

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Master Tactician added to the second post. I'm especially happy with the way this one turned out. There are no bird lazors, but I think I managed to capture the raven theme while still keeping the familiar relevant to the PrC.
    Last edited by Jarian; 2012-06-13 at 01:38 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Crimson Reaper added to the second post.
    Homebrewer's Signature

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Snazzy... I love the job you did with Swain. I like how you handled Vlad though, interesting way to handle him.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Bugbear in the Playground

Love the PrC's. If you're taking requests, I'd like to see The Demon Jester next, if only because playing Shaco was always aggravating for the other side.

I have two quibbles, however:
    • With the Magus Ascendant, the race requirement doesn't seem like it fits - Xerath himself was human, and became what he is for immortality. Maybe it could turn the character into a Living Construct instead?
    • Residual Magic confuses me. I would of thought something like Combat Familiar would of been a more fitting feat for the Master Tactician, what with the focus on the familiar.

Other than that, everything looks really good.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvie by araveugnitsuga
    3DS Friend Code - 4098-2424-2486

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeckoKing View Post
    With the Magus Ascendant, the race requirement doesn't seem like it fits - Xerath himself was human, and became what he is for immortality. Maybe it could turn the character into a Living Construct instead?
    I'm not going for replication of in-game backstories, but what would make most sense from a D&D perspective. Turning a creature of magic, wood and metal into a creature of magic and metal is a far smaller blow to (insert your favorite of "realism", "verisimilitude", or "willing suspension of disbelief" here), imho. Also, Warforged don't make for the greatest casters ever, so I was able to keep the spirit of power in Xerath's abilities relatively high to compensate for that. Opening it to other races would most likely result in something being dropped to make up for it.

Residual Magic confuses me. I would of thought something like Combat Familiar would of been a more fitting feat for the Master Tactician, what with the focus on the familiar.
    When making these PrCs, I try to find feats that resemble or lead into the PrC's abilities. You have to have access to a raven familiar already, which leads into the Augmented Familiar abilities, but nothing in the PrC requires (or even hints at, really) throwing your familiar into combat if you don't want to. Residual Magic is a great lead-in to Carrion Renewal, and Battlecaster Offense makes the class more attractive for the beleaguered Warmage by saving a feat, while also keeping it open to things like the Duskblade or Hexblade, as opposed to something like Improved Warmage's Edge.

That's just my rationale for the decisions I make; you're absolutely welcome to tweak the requirements for any of these PrCs to better fit your games.
    Last edited by Jarian; 2012-06-13 at 10:57 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature

15. - Top - End - #135

I'm not going for replication of in-game backstories, but what would make most sense from a D&D perspective. Turning a creature of magic, wood and metal into a creature of magic and metal is a far smaller blow to (insert your favorite of "realism", "verisimilitude", or "willing suspension of disbelief" here), imho. Also, Warforged don't make for the greatest casters ever, so I was able to keep the spirit of power in Xerath's abilities relatively high to compensate for that. Opening it to other races would most likely result in something being dropped to make up for it.
    Fair enough. Then might I suggest one tweak: A +1 ability boost to Cha at 1st and 5th, to offset the racial penalty? Only an idea, what with Sorcerers already getting the short end of the stick.

When making these PrCs, I try to find feats that resemble or lead into the PrC's abilities. You have to have access to a raven familiar already, which leads into the Augmented Familiar abilities, but nothing in the PrC requires (or even hints at, really) throwing your familiar into combat if you don't want to. Residual Magic is a great lead-in to Carrion Renewal, and Battlecaster Offense makes the class more attractive for the beleaguered Warmage by saving a feat, while also keeping it open to things like the Duskblade or Hexblade, as opposed to something like Improved Warmage's Edge.
    I was just curious - I never had really heard of the feat beforehand.

That's just my rationale for the decisions I make; you're absolutely welcome to tweak the requirements for any of these PrCs to better fit your games.
    Nah. It's just me asking some questions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvie by araveugnitsuga
    3DS Friend Code - 4098-2424-2486

16. - Top - End - #136

... Most successful necro ever?

Also, nice work. When I first saw this, I was surprised at how well it worked. At the present... actually, I still am!
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

I think, now that I've had over a year to actually get decent at D&D, that I'm going to have to go in and offer PEACHes for every single one of your PrCs.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

I think, now that I've had over a year to actually get decent at D&D, that I'm going to have to go in and offer PEACHes for every single one of your PrCs.
    You're more than welcome to do so. There's quite a few of them though (I think we're up to 18 now), so maybe doing one at a time would be best.
    Last edited by Jarian; 2012-06-13 at 11:24 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

I have a final today, but afterward I am going to celebrate my freedom by PEACHing all of your PrCs. Maybe trying to playtest them.

Are there any of them that DON'T have an entry of "5th level" other than Ashe?

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a final today, but afterward I am going to celebrate my freedom by PEACHing all of your PrCs. Maybe trying to playtest them.

Are there any of them that DON'T have an entry of "5th level" other than Ashe?
    Revered Inventor cannot be entered prior to 9th level. Will of the Blades would require some strong shenanigans to enter at 6th level. Crimson Reaper might be possible to enter at 6th level if a cleric domain offers vampiric touch, but otherwise would require a great many more levels or multiclassing. Master Tactician cannot be entered prior to 10th level.
    Homebrewer's Signature

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Then I'll probably run a play test at 14-15th level, using whatever-I-think-is-appropriate- builds as entry. Just as an example, probably Ranger 6/Scout 5/Frost Archer 4 for Ashe.

Unless you have recommendations?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Then I'll probably run a play test at 14-15th level, using whatever-I-think-is-appropriate- builds as entry. Just as an example, probably Ranger 6/Scout 5/Frost Archer 4 for Ashe.

I'm frankly interested in running around as Mordekaiser. It's my favorite out of all of them.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

All of my recommendations would be inherently biased, since I had entry ideas in mind when creating all of these. So, not really.
    Homebrewer's Signature

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    I'm frankly interested in running around as Mordekaiser. It's my favorite out of all of them.
    I kno, rite? The Mordekaiser class actually got me interested in Warforged.

(I use him as a Crusader X/MoM 5/Fighter (or Barbarian) 1/Crusader +X

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Void Walker added to the first post.
    Homebrewer's Signature

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Just a heads-up. Living construct is not the same as warforged. Warforged is a specific race, while living construct is a subtype applied to a variety of constructs in order to give them a constitution modifier. Not all living constructs are wood, stone and metal either, the Soulfused template (MoI) turns any construct into a living construct, rock, metal, flesh, various forms of energy.

With that out of the way, I think a more appropriate type change to emulate Xerath's immortality would be Outsider or Elemental, actually.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Just a heads-up. Living construct is not the same as warforged. Warforged is a specific race, while living construct is a subtype applied to a variety of constructs in order to give them a constitution modifier. Not all living constructs are wood, stone and metal either, the Soulfused template (MoI) turns any construct into a living construct, rock, metal, flesh, various forms of energy.
    I'm not sure what that's referencing. Magus Ascendant requires Warforged, not Living Construct.

With that out of the way, I think a more appropriate type change to emulate Xerath's immortality would be Outsider or Elemental, actually.
    *shrug*
    Homebrewer's Signature

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

I... love this. I don't know about the mechanics specifically balancewise(most of my experience is theoretical so I am usually uncomfortable stating powerlevels), but I play a LOT of League, so these PrC's seem really fun.

I'd look forward to see your take on Shyvana, or Sion, of those unmentioned thus far. For Nasus, I think I would have played it similar to cleave in that it gets the bonus for the encounter for every killing blow, but that might prove underpowered in play, especially if your DM favors smaller numbers of tougher foes instead of oodles of mooks. Then again, combining it with cleave might prove cheesy.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Ooh Shuvana... hm... a PrC for the Dragonfire Adept or whatev' that base class is called could be cool. She turns into a Dragon for an ultimate (sadly, her backstory is terrible).

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not sure what that's referencing. Magus Ascendant requires Warforged, not Living Construct.

*shrug*
    Apologies. I derped with my understanding of what was being said by the other poster.

I missed the warforged prerequisite and thought that a suggestion to add a type change to the class was being recommended there. It felt appropriate too since... Well, since Xerath was human originally.

And I stand by the idea that he looks more like an outsider than a warforged. That plating he is stuck with are just the remains of the bindings he was trapped in after all, his actual body is just the mass of energy,
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing