New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Demacia! (League of Legends Prcs/Miscellany - PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarian View Post
    Magus Ascendant added to the third post.
    Is SR 28 high or low? I can't remember... Also, the two Spell Focus feats, along with the Unarmored Body feat seem really taxing.

Master Tactician added to the second post.
    This looks very nice. I don't really have much to comment on. I like the Half Fiend Raven bit.

Crimson Reaper added to the second post.
    This is very very nice. A bit fragile, but that's kind of the point, isn't it?

I will note that it DOES have the problem of not relfecting the second half of Vlad's passive (Ie, extra health from AP)

Void Walker added to the first post.
    Argh. I really want to use this, because it looks cool, but you went and used a non-standard Soulknife for it. Would substituting "Shape Mind Blade" from the default soul knife work?
    Last edited by NineThePuma; 2012-06-16 at 02:34 AM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Is SR 28 high or low?
    SR - Caster Level = # * 5% = chance of resisting spell. For a standard CL 20 caster, it would be a 40% chance of resisting spells.

Also, the two Spell Focus feats, along with the Unarmored Body feat seem really taxing.
    So play a Duskblade, or a Battle Sorcerer, or a (insert arcane caster here) with a dip in a PrC that grants you the ability to cast in light armor.

Argh. I really want to use this, because it looks cool, but you went and used a non-standard Soulknife for it. Would substituting "Shape Mind Blade" from the default soul knife work?
    Not really. I mean, you could get away with it, but friends don't let friends play 3.5 Soulknives. The linked fix is very simple and actually competent outside of "I have a weapon". I strongly recommend you use it.

Also, you'd have to multiclass to use the Void Walker properly with a 3.5 Soulknife.
    My forum avatars appear to have decomposed in my absence. C'est la vie.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    If you use any of my homebrew, or even if you just have a strong opinion on it, please let me know. Feedback is always useful.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Edited my post with more comments, didn't think you'd be on.

SR - Caster Level = # * 5% = chance of resisting spell. For a standard CL 20 caster, it would be a 40% chance of resisting spells.
    Hrm... Yeah. That works somewhat.

So play a Duskblade, or a Battle Sorcerer, or a (insert arcane caster here) with a dip in a PrC that grants you the ability to cast in light armor.
    Abjurant Champion, FTW?

Not really. I mean, you could get away with it, but friends don't let friends play 3.5 Soulknives. The linked fix is very simple and actually competent outside of "I have a weapon". I strongly recommend you use it.

Also, you'd have to multiclass to use the Void Walker properly with a 3.5 Soulknife.
    Well, I'd be hopping into Void Walker part way through Voidblade Eliminator, and the way I figure it'd be easier to fix Voidwalker to fit the standard soulknife than go in and fix the Eliminator to fit a completely different base class.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Abjurant Champion, FTW?
    It's always the answer, apparently.

Well, I'd be hopping into Void Walker part way through Voidblade Eliminator, and the way I figure it'd be easier to fix Voidwalker to fit the standard soulknife than go in and fix the Eliminator to fit a completely different base class.
    Add 7/10 Soulknife manifesting advancement to the Eliminator, make levels stack fully with the linked Soulknife Mind Blade advancement column. Done, I think. I only glanced, but the conversion seems simple to me.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    If you use any of my homebrew, or even if you just have a strong opinion on it, please let me know. Feedback is always useful.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Add 7/10 Soulknife manifesting advancement to the Eliminator, make levels stack fully with the linked Soulknife Mind Blade advancement column. Done, I think. I only glanced, but the conversion seems simple to me.
    Problem is that Voidblade fundamentally alters how the Mind Blade works. =\

Or if not fundamentally, significantly.

Unrelated, minor note, Null Sphere lists the DC calculation twice.
    Last edited by NineThePuma; 2012-06-16 at 02:48 AM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Problem is that Voidblade fundamentally alters how the Mind Blade works. =\

Or if not fundamentally, significantly.
    It's a straight buff to the 3.5 Soulknife Mind Blade. You could safely cut it entirely with the fixed Soulknife, who can do the same thing with Blade Essences and so on. Replace any mention of Voidblade with Mind Blade and there's no problem. Using the Voidblade with the linked fix would be fixing what isn't broken, imho.

Unrelated, minor note, Null Sphere lists the DC calculation twice.
    *jedi hand wave* This is not the typo you're looking for.
    Homebrewer's Signature

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Good work! Maybe do one for Dota heroes too?

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

Do you have any plans to make PrC for Teemo or any other Yordles out there (I saw Kennen was already done) or even stat-out Yordles as a race in the future? Congrats for everything you did so far, it looks mighty fine to say the least
    Last edited by Thant; 2012-06-17 at 11:36 PM.
    Many tnx to Sgt. Pepper for my new avatar!

Ancient Keeper of Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion Blessed Spell Scroll of V Fanclub

((=Endless and Neverending Paranoia Spreader for Nameless Cleric of Loki fanclub=))

Previous avvies (Lord Xavius, Ceika):
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jywu98 View Post
    Good work! Maybe do one for Dota heroes too?
    I believe it was mentioned previously that Jarian isn't familiar with DotA. While I'd enjoy seeing some of them, DotA tends to have much more passive heroes, and many LoL champs and DotA heroes have similar abilities. You could probably patch them together fairly well.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Wow, this was an awesome find! I only wish you had an Akali prestige class done already. Because, well, she's one of my favorite champions. :P

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Holy crap, my Rogue player will love this. She's a hardcore Evelyn fan. I might tweak her powers downwards a little bit, but overall, great stuff that captures the spirit of the characters!
    Tier System for Classes | Why Each Class is in its Tier
    PF Optimization Guides Compendium | Extended Signature (Optimization/Conversion/Homebrew)

Quote Originally Posted by CTrees View Post
    Knowledge (local) being trained only, and not a class skill for many classes, means that your average human may well not be able to identify other humans! This may explain the exceptional quantity of half-human hybrids.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Actually considering asking my DM to look over the Judicator for a game where I'll be playing a Cleric. I was leaning toward rebuking before I saw this PrC, and now I'll be torn if the DM allows it, lol. If he rejects, darn. If he accepts, it would be a very fun option. One thing that might be cool for the Judicator, perhaps, would be some form of temporary flight (Since Kayle flew)

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Kayle's ability to fly comes from her race, rather than her class; you'll notice that Mordekaiser's lore indicates that he's got some sort of relation to pestilence and disease, but in game he has no abilities tying into it and so Jarian didn't even touch on it here.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Kayle's ability to fly comes from her race, rather than her class; you'll notice that Mordekaiser's lore indicates that he's got some sort of relation to pestilence and disease, but in game he has no abilities tying into it and so Jarian didn't even touch on it here.
    Well, League doesn't differentiate between race and class really. And Mordekaiser's lore also says the armor is to keep him in.

Anyway, was just a random idea.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

You should do Kayle's class -and- Morgana's class, then find a way to get a buff on yourself that causes your attacks to inflict Vile damage or something.

It'd be awesome.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

You should do Kayle's class -and- Morgana's class, then find a way to get a buff on yourself that causes your attacks to inflict Vile damage or something.

It'd be awesome.
    Wouldn't work for the particular game I'm in since anything that comes from any evil codex sourcebook is banned due to the preferences of one of the players... but it's definitely an interesting idea.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

I'll read through the rest of the thread later today. But for now, awesome job!
    Glad to see you've got the sisters, and most of the ninjas there. I'm curious though, do you have plans on getting in Nasus' brother, Garen's sister, the King of the Frejord, and the final ninja in there?

Irelia's makes me all sorts of happy, though. I will admit.
    Last edited by Alchemyst; 2012-06-22 at 04:48 AM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Prodigal Explorer added to the sixth post. I don't claim the title makes terribly much sense for a warlock, but whatever.
    Last edited by Jarian; 2012-06-25 at 10:21 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Jarian, this may sound silly, but where is the Pharaoh's Fist feat from? Sandstorm? I'd be interested in looking into a Nasus-styled build sometime, but I've no idea where that feat is or what it does.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sandstorm, page 51. Basically it just lets stunning fist hit all the targets adjacent to the primary as well.
    Awesome Mordekaiser Pony courtesy of Squeejee!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Sentinel's Sorrow added to the first post.
    Last edited by Jarian; 2012-06-26 at 10:13 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Rawhide was kind enough to work his voodoo magic to add some posts to the first page for me, so everything is now sorted by general category (ToB, psionics, gishes, etc) rather than simply being placed wherever it would fit, which is nice.

Enlightened One added to the tenth post.
    Last edited by Jarian; 2012-06-27 at 10:21 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Rawhide was kind enough to work his voodoo magic to add some posts to the first page for me, so everything is now sorted by general category (ToB, psionics, gishes, etc) rather than simply being placed wherever it would fit, which is nice.

Enlightened One added to the tenth post.
    Yay! A champion for my favorite subsystem. I was wondering how you'd do a champion with such a strange ability pool, and it certainly works. Giving the ability to use a charge to boost essentia is a nice touch and prevents you from sitting on charges because you rolled horribly on the cooldowns for all of them.

The only issue I have with this is that you could end up with 9th level spells in addition to access to all the main chakras (using (Incarnate 3 / Cleric [Law/Incarnum] 3 / Enlightened One 4 / Sapphire Hierarch 10). However, that's a job for a game's DM to sort through.
    Last edited by Ilorin Lorati; 2012-06-28 at 01:38 PM.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Just noticed the items. Really liking them. My only wish would be for a means to get those benefits on other weapon types for characters for whom a certain weapon doesn't work so well. (My friend loved the Impaler, but is trying to go as a tanky sword-and-board guy.)

Excellent work Jarian, really liking these.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Theroc View Post
    Just noticed the items. Really liking them. My only wish would be for a means to get those benefits on other weapon types for characters for whom a certain weapon doesn't work so well. (My friend loved the Impaler, but is trying to go as a tanky sword-and-board guy.)
    You can simply subtract the cost of the base item to get the cost of the 'upgrade'. As a +1 adamantine longspear costs 5,005 gp, the cost to grant a weapon the properties of atma's impaler would be 18,050 gp, if you wanted to go that route.
    Homebrewer's Signature

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Where did the Manamune go? =\ It was the item that let Frost Archer be less... Focus-less, I guess.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

You can simply subtract the cost of the base item to get the cost of the 'upgrade'. As a +1 adamantine longspear costs 5,005 gp, the cost to grant a weapon the properties of atma's impaler would be 18,050 gp, if you wanted to go that route.
    Will have to run that past our DM for the future.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Where did the Manamune go? =\ It was the item that let Frost Archer be less... Focus-less, I guess.
    It was accidentally deleted in the reshuffling of the posts. I intend to get around to recreating it at some point.
    Homebrewer's Signature

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Google Cache to the rescue! Just a C+P dump, but it might help you ^^;

Spoiler
    Show
    New Items

Manamune

This steel shortsword's blade has an inch-wide gap sliced cleanly down the center, almost to the hilt. A thumb-sized sapphire is set directly in the center of the gap.

In the hands of a normal wielder, manamune functions as a +1 shortsword. To someone who has a the Focus ability however, manamune increases their maximum Focus by 10, and restores 1 Focus whenever the bearer hits with a ranged attack. This is a constant effect and does not require manamune to be held, simply in the bearer's possession.

Price: 5,015 gp

Spoiler
    Show
    Using this rule, PCs should be allowed to select two of the following feats as bonus feats at 1st level. These feats will have a moderate to slight impact on the game depending on the level of the characters, and the DM should plan accordingly.

Clairvoyance

Once per encounter, a character may activate this feat as a swift action to summon an immobile sentry within 30 feet. The sentry possesses the summoner's vision modes, plus blindsense out to 10 feet. The summoner may view the world through the sentry's eyes as a move action, and resume seeing out of his eyes as a free action.

The sentry lasts for two rounds.

Clarity

Once per encounter, a character may activate this feat as a free action to restore one previously memorized 1st level spell or spell slot, or return one power point to his power point reserve.

Cleanse

Once per encounter, a character with this feat can, as a move action, remove any magical effect that directly impairs his movement speed.

Exhaust

Once per encounter, a character with this feat can, as a standard action, cause a single enemy within 60 feet to feel great weariness, decreasing physical damage dealt by 50% and reducing movement speed by half for one round. A Will save, DC (10+1/2 HD+Cha modifier) negates this effect. Spell resistance applies to this effect.

Flash

Once per encounter, a character with this feat can teleport to a location up to 15 feet away as a swift action. Treat this effect as the result of a Conjuration (Teleportation) spell of 1st level.

Ghost

Once per encounter, a character with this feat can, as a swift action, increase his movement speed by 10' until the end of the turn. While affected by Ghost, the character does not provoke attacks of opportunity for movement and may freely pass through squares occupied by enemies.

Heal

Once per encounter, a character with this feat can heal himself and all allies within 20 feet for one hitpoint per HD he possesses as a standard action. Once affected by this feat, any subsequent uses by other allies heal for 50% of the normal amount.

Ignite

Once per encounter, a character with this feat can, as a swift action, cause one enemy within 30 feet to believe it is burning with supernaturally hot flames. If the target fails a Will save, DC (10+1/2 HD+Cha mod) it takes 1 point of damage per round for 5 rounds and receives 33% less benefit from healing spells and abilities for the duration of this effect.

Rally

Once per encounter, a character with this feat can, as a standard action, summon a beacon at his current location. All allies within 20 feet of the beacon deal 1 bonus damage with physical attacks for every 2 HD the summoner possesses.

Smite

Once per encounter, a character with this feat can, as a swift action, deal untyped damage equal to his HD to a single creature within 60 feet with fewer HD than the user.
    Last edited by NineThePuma; 2012-06-28 at 04:08 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks! Items post updated.
    Homebrewer's Signature