New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2!

1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Guild Wars 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Just hit level 80 with my Warrior a few minutes ago. Guess it's time to start figuring out what build and gear and appearance I want, and working towards that.

Or just starting my Elementalist. Those look fun.

Also, I'm still not sure what the pros/cons of having one character have all of your crafting professions are, versus having them spread across multiple characters. Anyone have some insight on why you would want to do one or the other?
    Well you get more XP/skill points if you do it all on one char. But the fee to change professions is pretty expensive I heard. From what I've seen regarding Legendary weapons, the craftable components are account bound so it doesn't seem necessary to have the crafting skill on the char you want to make the weapon for either.

Speaking of Legendary weapons some posts on reddit and guildwars2guru seem to imply upwards of 2 million karma needed for some of the components at least with the current understanding. Seems like a pretty absurd amount to me, but I guess if its true they really want these things to be rare.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

IIRC, the cost to change profession is 10c times the level of the profession you're picking up. So, if you level Jeweler to 400 and then switch to Huntsman at 0, you don't pay anything. When you return to jeweler, you pay 40s.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

3. - Top - End - #513
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mucco View Post
    There is a reason why I think that the worst part of GW2 is the storyline! But I bet we'll have a fair fight with a dragon once we hit L100.
    Care to elaborate on that thought? So far, I felt the story wasnt bad at all. There seems to be a focus regarding the previous members of Destiny's Edge (?), the last group of heroes who broke up. But so far (lvl 35) they have proved to be somewha subdued and not really relevant in my missions; they spend 5x my time on the ground, and are somewhat... Un-remarkable in fights. Especially in the Catacombs. Or the battle to Defend the Priory (Vigil-Norn).

They are good flavah' so far.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    They don't scale.
    I went back last night to get a skill point in Plains of Ashford that got me to 100%. I was level 38. I got 35 silver, 40 wool scraps (tailoring was active and I'm on wool), a black lion key, and a couple level 26 masterwork items.

Are you sure map completion rewards don't scale? Do you have a source?
    Last edited by JSSheridan; 2012-09-12 at 08:28 AM.
    To find in order to lose; To fall in order to stand up
    To freeze in order to ignite; To find myself within, and not fear the edge
    To die in order to be reborn to the new world

5. - Top - End - #515

So, for people who are crafting, how do you get all the items to make the insignias? Have you just happened to find them as you were playing, farming, or just buy them? It is getting increasingly annoying to try to keep my crafting with my level. (As in, this character is about to hit 40, so I want my two mains, huntsman/leatherworking to be at that 3rd teir as I hit it) I spent a couple hours in Gendarran(Sp?) Fields last night farming venom sacs/Thin bloods to discovery with, and now I have to do it again tonight to get my LW up to 150 aswell. Im tempted to just say screw it and level up normally, but at the same time I -really- want my crafting to stay relevant. Doing it so far I've been able to have what I craft to be just as good or better then what I am finding as loot. Has anyone else been trying to keep crafting at about their level, or is it generally better to just level and then use money/what you've randomly found to get crafting up in the later levels?

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Care to elaborate on that thought? So far, I felt the story wasnt bad at all. There seems to be a focus regarding the previous members of Destiny's Edge (?), the last group of heroes who broke up. But so far (lvl 35) they have proved to be somewha subdued and not really relevant in my missions; they spend 5x my time on the ground, and are somewhat... Un-remarkable in fights. Especially in the Catacombs. Or the battle to Defend the Priory (Vigil-Norn).

They are good flavah' so far.
    what I meant was just that the final, currently highest level dungeon(or at least it was when the yogscast video featuring it was made), has the final boss as a battle where you only ever fight his minions, rather then him himself(he gets slain by your airship's automatic cannons), which seem somewhat lackluster compared to most other boss battles in guildwars, or compared to the death wing raid in WoW(and the guildwars dragon is basically a combination of Deathwing and Arthas from my understanding so far, though I suppose they could have been going for something like the Arthas fight, which from what I've heard is mostly killing his uber mooks, which has never sounded as fun as the other ice crown citadel fights)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

7. - Top - End - #517

Quote Originally Posted by Tono View Post
    So, for people who are crafting, how do you get all the items to make the insignias? Have you just happened to find them as you were playing, farming, or just buy them? It is getting increasingly annoying to try to keep my crafting with my level. (As in, this character is about to hit 40, so I want my two mains, huntsman/leatherworking to be at that 3rd teir as I hit it) I spent a couple hours in Gendarran(Sp?) Fields last night farming venom sacs/Thin bloods to discovery with, and now I have to do it again tonight to get my LW up to 150 aswell. Im tempted to just say screw it and level up normally, but at the same time I -really- want my crafting to stay relevant. Doing it so far I've been able to have what I craft to be just as good or better then what I am finding as loot. Has anyone else been trying to keep crafting at about their level, or is it generally better to just level and then use money/what you've randomly found to get crafting up in the later levels?
    I'm not worrying about it. While the crafting XP is a nice perk, there enough sources of it to get to the cap without it. I don't need the gear so badly for PvE content, so I just take the upgrades as they come along.

I only see the professions as an easy way to acquire good gear at the level cap. They game only really starts to get interesting at that point.

I'm saving all the discovering after I get bored with the game. Then I'll farm all the materials I need to discover all the recipes for all the professions. Have fun with it while it's fresh. Grind later.
    Last edited by JSSheridan; 2012-09-12 at 09:03 AM.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tono View Post
    Easiest and cheapest way I've found is to buy the Insignias off the TP. Why people sell the insignias at a MASSIVE loss I don't know, but they do. The insignia's that take 3 of the lowest tier fine material cost something like 5-6cp on the TP when the mats to make them cost on the order of 1-3 sp. The rare insignias are more expensive but still pretty much cheaper than mat cost in a lot of cases. Right now the fine materials around tier 2-3 are extremely high in cost and the others are low. I'd buy some of the higher level mats now while they're cheap and save them until later. I got a bunch of Ancient Bones (used to make the level 80 exotic Carrion pieces) at something like 20cp each. I can't imagine those will stay at that value for very long.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JSSheridan View Post
    I went back last night to get a skill point in Plains of Ashford that got me to 100%. I was level 38. I got 35 silver, 40 wool scraps (tailoring was active and I'm on wool), a black lion key, and a couple level 26 masterwork items.

Are you sure map completion rewards don't scale? Do you have a source?
    They don't scale. The fact that you're level 38 and getting level 26 masterwork items is proof, but as a level 80 Ranger with about 51% Map Completion, I can certifiably say that map rewards don't scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    honestly sounds better then the reward for snowden drifts(a mace, three transmutation stones and 40 wool)

also; after watching the most recent yogscast guildwars video, where they do the final dragon dungeon, it made me wonder; do you think when they add more dragons, that they will let us kill at least one of them ourselves?, rather then having to wait for dmpcs to do the job for us.
    The final dungeon is incredibly boring. Actually most of the dungeons are incredibly boring, alternating between zerging the boss, or just a simple tank and spank.

10. - Top - End - #520

ClericGuy

Alright, my rant on the storyline. Spoilered for, well, spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The storyline of GW2 has its good points, this is undeniable. The first ten levels, and their many different storylines, are very well crafted and make your character feel alive and important in a living world. You are doing all the stuff, moving up the ranks, finding fun things along the way. It's great. You have this mentor, the character of DE, above you. Which is... sort of fine. The storyline progresses well until DE characters, the so-called iconics, start taking a bigger role. Here you can see all the shortcomings of the ANet writers - most iconics are terrible.

They all have two things in common: they act in a Mary Sue-ish sort of way when they're alone, but they behave exactly like 7 y/o kids when they're together, with the men and the asura insulting each other while the girls cry and complain. This is absolutely on purpose, which is worrying to say the least. They are supposed to be the greatest adventurers of their time, yet they are completely clueless. I know this is supposed to be the starting situation, but it's really horribly done - because those five characters basically behave the same way, they're copycats; the only difference being the gender differentiation. Could you picture Logan reacting differently than Rytlock or Zojja, had he been in that situation? Of course not. Zojja would have made the same mistake Logan made and she showed it. Eir and Caithe are really echoing each other's words, too.

So: problem 1 is that among five iconics we get two personalities and they're both either childish or Mary Sue. Heck, Cynn alone has more personality than the 5 combined and is childish in a less stupid way.

Then it gets to your storyline, after 30, which is composed of two parts. The first one is you meeting the only well written character in the storyline, your order mentor, and seeing him/her die at Claw Island for no reason whatsoever other than dramatic tension and DM fiat. Thanks for that. The second part of your storyline is executing what the DMPC says you have to do. Said DMPC is, of course, Trahearne.

Trahearne deserves a paragraph on his own because of his uncanny ability to detroy all that is good in a storyline. He is Mary Sue, and he is the classic bad DMPC we all encountered once in our DnD experiences. On top of that, he is in the top 3 of worst written characters I've ever seen - apathetic, never showcasing any strong character trait, condescending. He just feels so indifferent and bland, you really do forget about him. And yet occasionally he goes and uses 3 elites at the same time, or does DM-fiat tricks. You could forgive him if he had some good writing, like having a flamboyant/extra depressed/always furious/hectic/mad scholar/sardonic/badass serious personality. There, I listed seven personalities he could have had, it took me three minutes, and I'm not even a pro writer. They chose to make him this bad. Why? To make up for the fact they couldn't write epic lines for our character, most likely - so they decided to make the DMPC even blander, so our character wouldn't get overshadowed.

At the end of a series of fully linear quests without plot twist whatsoever, you kill the dragon. Woo. I could see it coming 50 levels ago, thanks Trahearne. Now die in a fire, I want my order mentor back.

There, end rant. ANet is really great at writing secondary characters, I find. Too bad they blow completely the big ones. Even Gwen was better in pre-searing...

11. - Top - End - #521

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    They don't scale. The fact that you're level 38 and getting level 26 masterwork items is proof, but as a level 80 Ranger with about 51% Map Completion, I can certifiably say that map rewards don't scale.
    Plains of Ashford is a 1-15 zone. It's not proof rewards don't scale.

Also, please cite a source.

12. - Top - End - #522

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Easiest and cheapest way I've found is to buy the Insignias off the TP. Why people sell the insignias at a MASSIVE loss I don't know, but they do. The insignia's that take 3 of the lowest tier fine material cost something like 5-6cp on the TP when the mats to make them cost on the order of 1-3 sp. The rare insignias are more expensive but still pretty much cheaper than mat cost in a lot of cases. Right now the fine materials around tier 2-3 are extremely high in cost and the others are low. I'd buy some of the higher level mats now while they're cheap and save them until later. I got a bunch of Ancient Bones (used to make the level 80 exotic Carrion pieces) at something like 20cp each. I can't imagine those will stay at that value for very long.
    Wow, thank you. I don't know why but it did not occur to me to just buy the isignias. I've bought a few of the already refined goods knowing that it was cheaper but for some reason it never clicked I could do the same for isignias. Wont even set me back that much either, isignias don't give near as much exp. as the discoveries.

And I think they are selling them cheaper then they cost because they just used them to level up/made too many and now they just want it out of their inventory at what ever profit they can scrounge up.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JSSheridan View Post
    Plains of Ashford is a 1-15 zone. It's not proof rewards don't scale.

Also, please cite a source.
    At level 80, I completed a significantly lower level zone (the name slips me at the moment, but I can find it once I get online) and didn't receive loot anywhere close to level 80.

Even completing Straits of Devastation, Malchor's Leap, and Cursed Shore only yielded level 70/76/78 Exotics, and a bunch of Silk, despite being level 80 and a Huntsman, at that.

What kind of source are you looking for? A research paper? I'm merely presenting empirical evidence as a level 80 that loot does not scale, or at the very least, does not scale appropriately or at a rate that would be remotely useful to my character.
    Last edited by Neftren; 2012-09-12 at 02:14 PM.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Chances are (and this is complete random guessing), completing your #Xth map yields similar loot, be it a city or a 55-65 zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    The reason Pun-Pun doesn't work is because he doesn't have to. He can just sit around all day and let his wishes do the work for him.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Orc in the Playground

The final dungeon is incredibly boring. Actually most of the dungeons are incredibly boring, alternating between zerging the boss, or just a simple tank and spank.
    I have yet to do a dungeon (just reached 30 with my engineer). Can you actually just play a defensive character with defensive traits and gear and just melee the bosses down like in most MMOs? I've read that it was more of the kiting around stuff you see everywhere else. Or is it one of those cases where once you have all your traits/gear/etc you can E-Z mode through them?

16. - Top - End - #526
    Firbolg in the Playground

Alright, my rant on the storyline. Spoilered for, well, spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The storyline of GW2 has its good points, this is undeniable. The first ten levels, and their many different storylines, are very well crafted and make your character feel alive and important in a living world. You are doing all the stuff, moving up the ranks, finding fun things along the way. It's great. You have this mentor, the character of DE, above you. Which is... sort of fine. The storyline progresses well until DE characters, the so-called iconics, start taking a bigger role. Here you can see all the shortcomings of the ANet writers - most iconics are terrible.

They all have two things in common: they act in a Mary Sue-ish sort of way when they're alone, but they behave exactly like 7 y/o kids when they're together, with the men and the asura insulting each other while the girls cry and complain. This is absolutely on purpose, which is worrying to say the least. They are supposed to be the greatest adventurers of their time, yet they are completely clueless. I know this is supposed to be the starting situation, but it's really horribly done - because those five characters basically behave the same way, they're copycats; the only difference being the gender differentiation. Could you picture Logan reacting differently than Rytlock or Zojja, had he been in that situation? Of course not. Zojja would have made the same mistake Logan made and she showed it. Eir and Caithe are really echoing each other's words, too.

So: problem 1 is that among five iconics we get two personalities and they're both either childish or Mary Sue. Heck, Cynn alone has more personality than the 5 combined and is childish in a less stupid way.

Then it gets to your storyline, after 30, which is composed of two parts. The first one is you meeting the only well written character in the storyline, your order mentor, and seeing him/her die at Claw Island for no reason whatsoever other than dramatic tension and DM fiat. Thanks for that. The second part of your storyline is executing what the DMPC says you have to do. Said DMPC is, of course, Trahearne.

Trahearne deserves a paragraph on his own because of his uncanny ability to detroy all that is good in a storyline. He is Mary Sue, and he is the classic bad DMPC we all encountered once in our DnD experiences. On top of that, he is in the top 3 of worst written characters I've ever seen - apathetic, never showcasing any strong character trait, condescending. He just feels so indifferent and bland, you really do forget about him. And yet occasionally he goes and uses 3 elites at the same time, or does DM-fiat tricks. You could forgive him if he had some good writing, like having a flamboyant/extra depressed/always furious/hectic/mad scholar/sardonic/badass serious personality. There, I listed seven personalities he could have had, it took me three minutes, and I'm not even a pro writer. They chose to make him this bad. Why? To make up for the fact they couldn't write epic lines for our character, most likely - so they decided to make the DMPC even blander, so our character wouldn't get overshadowed.

At the end of a series of fully linear quests without plot twist whatsoever, you kill the dragon. Woo. I could see it coming 50 levels ago, thanks Trahearne. Now die in a fire, I want my order mentor back.

There, end rant. ANet is really great at writing secondary characters, I find. Too bad they blow completely the big ones. Even Gwen was better in pre-searing...
    Your rant has a lot in common with a rant I wrote years ago regarding the story in Aion.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eloel View Post
    Chances are (and this is complete random guessing), completing your #Xth map yields similar loot, be it a city or a 55-65 zone.
    I don't recall exactly, but I believe you don't actually get exotic items for completing a city. Just gold, XP, some crafting materials, and perhaps a key? This one is a bit easier to verify. I'll go complete another city and get back to you on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by illyrus View Post
    I have yet to do a dungeon (just reached 30 with my engineer). Can you actually just play a defensive character with defensive traits and gear and just melee the bosses down like in most MMOs? I've read that it was more of the kiting around stuff you see everywhere else. Or is it one of those cases where once you have all your traits/gear/etc you can E-Z mode through them?
    It depends on the instance. There's a little bit of dodging involved, though a fair bit of it is just "don't stand in red circles" and the general common sense involved with that piece of advice.

I'm sure you could play a defensive character with defensive traits and gear and do just fine. You might have to step out every once in a while and heal yourself (I haven't played any melee classes other than Thief so far), but other than that... most bosses are pretty straightforward with the "whack them until dead" approach.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Banned

IIRC, the cost to change profession is 10c times the level of the profession you're picking up. So, if you level Jeweler to 400 and then switch to Huntsman at 0, you don't pay anything. When you return to jeweler, you pay 40s.
    This is correct.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ettin in the Playground

Is there any way to re-train skill points?, I made an elementalist earlier, and got the glyph that can be used to make your spells deal various conidtion effects, but it doesn't look very powerful now that I realise how it works(I had thought it was like a signet, and thought it was an always active thing).
    Or is it better then it seems?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

20. - Top - End - #530
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Is there any way to re-train skill points?
    I don't think so, but don't worry. You can get way more skill points per character than are required to learn all of their skills. Not just from skill challenges, but also because every "level" you get after 80 also gives you a bonus skill point.

21. - Top - End - #531

ClericGuy

Correct - skill points are theoretically infinite, as you get one for each level up, even after 80. They need to be that way, due to how legendary recipes work. It is also correct that you cannot retrain them.

Suggestion: try to save your skill points early. Elite skills cost 10 points at the first tier, and 30 at the second. You might want a tier 2 elite (I know I want both Druid Spirit and Lich Form), so there's 50 skill points just to get it because you need two T1 elites to unlock T2.

On the glyph, is it the one that gives like weakness on air, burning on fire etc? I thought it was a decent choice. I would use it to get a condition on demand, by glyphing up and swapping to the right attunement.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Banned

From another forum:

Quote Originally Posted by Him
    <snip>
    I'm eagerly getting ready for my first dungeon soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Ascalonian Catacombs story mode [L30] was tough, but fun. Of the three that I've run, this one was the hardest, which I find strange as it's the first dungeon available. Explorable mode [L35] was ROCK HARD. Punitively so in certain parts.
    Caudecus Manor story mode [L40] was fairly easy, and really fast and short in comparison.
    Twilight Arbor story mode [L50] is what we just ran a moment ago. Four guildies and a fairly competent pugger. Difficulty between AC and CM, and my favorite dungeon so far. Tough as nails until you figure out what is happening, and why, and how, and when. And then after you figure that out it's fun without being quite so tough. Just the way that a story mode dungeon should be in my opinion. I really think they nailed TA for story mode.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

In your experience, what can be called the right rate of advancing crafting professions? My mesmer is currently level 21 - I'm slow, I know - and his jewelry is on 40 and tailoring on 25. But I keep recieving materials as loot that are far beyond those levels.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

I don't recall exactly, but I believe you don't actually get exotic items for completing a city. Just gold, XP, some crafting materials, and perhaps a key? This one is a bit easier to verify. I'll go complete another city and get back to you on this one.
    Completing a city gives transmute stones, gold and xp. I don't think I even got crafting material from it. There does seem to be SOME scaling involved in the XP and gold reward though. Completing cities even at higher levels seems worthwhile.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    In your experience, what can be called the right rate of advancing crafting professions? My mesmer is currently level 21 - I'm slow, I know - and his jewelry is on 40 and tailoring on 25. But I keep recieving materials as loot that are far beyond those levels.
    I haven't done much crafting, so I can't be sure (too busy exploring the world, crafting will come latet for me), but there are 400 crafting levels and 80 character levels, so 5 crafting levels per character level feels lime it should keep your crafting relevant to me. At least that's what the math says.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

If that's so, then it means I've been advancing it too slowly. But how on Earth am I suppose to advance it more quickly? This is why I hate crafting in games and wish it would die in a fire.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

Crafting doesn't really follow that 5*level I found. I need 225 LW to make the level 55 gear I want. But at level 55 following the 5* rule would be 275. Which makes things that I can't USE at level 55. I hit the same problem at the lower levels where I made a fancy set of armor and then realized I couldn't use it since it had a level 35 req.

Without grinding/buying you'd probably need to be salvaging everything you find to keep your crafting on par. Of course that's highly inefficient since goods on the TP sell for much cheaper in a lot of cases then the vendor value of the gear you'd be salvaging. I've been vendoring most gear, salvaging cheap pieces that give cloth/leather and just buying completed inscriptions/insignias for my Weaponsmithing/Leatherworking. Its significantly cheaper than trying to buy the fine materials to make the insignias yourself and discovery gives MUCH higher exp than creating the insignias in the first place.

People say crafting is a waste of time now since prices are high. I think they're wrong though. Yes the initial prices are high (for copper/jute) but after that the prices start dropping again. I think people haven't been leveling crafting and therefore the mid tier crafting mats are cheap as hell. Once things "stabilize" with many people at 80 I suspect the low end mats will drop somewhat but the mid tier mats are going to skyrocket. If you can afford to push past the initial cost now I suspect it'll be cheaper overall to level your craft skills now rather than later.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

Correct - skill points are theoretically infinite, as you get one for each level up, even after 80. They need to be that way, due to how legendary recipes work. It is also correct that you cannot retrain them.

Suggestion: try to save your skill points early. Elite skills cost 10 points at the first tier, and 30 at the second. You might want a tier 2 elite (I know I want both Druid Spirit and Lich Form), so there's 50 skill points just to get it because you need two T1 elites to unlock T2.

On the glyph, is it the one that gives like weakness on air, burning on fire etc? I thought it was a decent choice. I would use it to get a condition on demand, by glyphing up and swapping to the right attunement.
    Ah, it applies it on demand, I think that was the part I was missing, I had thought it meant it makes it so your ability might give a condition, if it's on demand, then it's a lot like the abilities I use on my guardian and enjoy the playstyle of using then.
    (and sorry if my previous post was a bit hard to understand, I went to bed shortly after writing it due to having been too tired to stay up.)
    Meow(Steam page)

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Completing a city gives transmute stones, gold and xp. I don't think I even got crafting material from it. There does seem to be SOME scaling involved in the XP and gold reward though. Completing cities even at higher levels seems worthwhile.
    Hmmm... that would make sense.

Did you get regular Transmute Stones, or Fine ones?

On an unrelated note, I have the entire soundtrack in FLAC (78 Tracks), as well as the "Best Of" collection that shipped with the Collector's Edition (6 Tracks). I'm not sure if the latter is included in the former, but I'll run it through a waveform analyzer later and compare versions I suppose. Does anyone happen to know the answer to this specifically though?

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ettin in the Playground

anyone want to try grouping for ascalon catacombs later today?, I should be able to be online sometime around 5pm pdt, and my guardian is now level 36(he mostly uses sword+torch or greatsword, but I do have a staff, and a shield if it would be better for me to use multiple weapon sets for catacombs).
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-09-13 at 03:43 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)