Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1227282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1237

Thread: Guild Wars 2!

1. - Top - End - #1081
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Guild Wars 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    I'm completely stuck in my jewelcrafting grind myself. I'm at 390 now, but Jewelcrafting doesn't get new recipes at 375, so I'm forced to grind 350 recipes cause I've discovered everything already... :/ Well, there's Exquisite Mythril Jewels and the assorted Trinkets but those need Globs of Ectoplasm and those are going 30 silver a piece right now. Guess it's time to start salvaging my rares instead of selling them.
    most of the crafting professions are that way. You have to buy 375+ rare/exotic inscriptions from the same folks who sell crafting supplies. It's on one of the tabs along the side. Some of these inscriptions are cross profession as well, so you don't need to buy them for each profession. Weapon crafting seems to share a set, and armor crafting seems to share another set.

As far as ectoplasm is concerned, yeah it is a pain that the price has been rising steadily since last year, but salvaging rares is usually the way to go. Or check the trade post often and maybe you'll catch them at a lull. Also don't forget that if you happen to make a particular item to gain exp that you can't otherwise use, you can salvage it yourself and have a chance of recovering the ectos used for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    A quick tip to ANYONE that is interested doing artificing. Buy jugs of water from the artificing vendor, and buy large quantities of the various dusts. Don't bother with ANY other recipies except refining ores and wood. Craft the potions, they are worth BIG crafting exp and just as big actual exp. You will usually gain 3k-7k crafting exp + nearly the same actual exp when it triggers on crafting the potions, often gaining you 2 crafting levels at a time, even at 300. Find the cheapest one to make(seems to be the dredge potions) and just spam the hell out of them. I'd probably have a lot more crafting materials if I had realized that pre-200. Once I hit 200 it finally hit me how much exp I was gaining, and from then on I spammed the potion recipies and skyrocketed up the ranks. Of course, feel free to discover the other potion recipies as well, first time discoveries are worth huge amounts of exp.
    pure discovery is usually the quickest way to level up a crafting profession. Each inscription counts as a separate discovery, so for example discovering a might sword, precision sword, vitality sword, toughness sword, etc. will net you more exp than finding a low material item and making tons of them.
    Last edited by Toastkart; 2013-02-21 at 08:47 AM.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Evrine View Post
    most of the crafting professions are that way. You have to buy 375+ rare/exotic inscriptions from the same folks who sell crafting supplies. It's on one of the tabs along the side. Some of these inscriptions are cross profession as well, so you don't need to buy them for each profession. Weapon crafting seems to share a set, and armor crafting seems to share another set.

As far as ectoplasm is concerned, yeah it is a pain that the price has been rising steadily since last year, but salvaging rares is usually the way to go. Or check the trade post often and maybe you'll catch them at a lull. Also don't forget that if you happen to make a particular item to gain exp that you can't otherwise use, you can salvage it yourself and have a chance of recovering the ectos used for it.
    Okay. Hmm. So each material tier has "super-jewels"; which use up more gems for higher effects. The recipes for them you buy at the Jewelcrafting Trainer. Apparently the jewels themselves are Rare, so I'm wondering if trinkets with them in it are Rare. The problem is still then that only up until Platinum they don't need Ectos themselves. But that's only level 50 so the salvage rate for ectos is going to be low. (Or even not happen? The wiki is a bit inconclusive.)

Thank you for the information though, guess I'll pop in game and check it out.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ettin in the Playground

Hoping to run a few dungeons this evening on my thief or maybe take my new ranger for a spin. She's an Asura and I still strongly feel she should be able to use her Moa as a mount. =3

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Last edited by Hullabaloo; 2013-02-21 at 03:12 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Troll in the Playground

We have 1 week until February ends. Thus far, this month has been le disappoint.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

The monthly update will be a single update.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Troll in the Playground

The month is pretty much over. I haven't been impressed so far.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1088

ClericGuy

Well of course, nothing happened yet :D nothing to be impressed by!

I *think* the update will be on monday at 5 PM PST. Guild missions look especially juicy.

Have a long interview with the GW2 boss on the state of the game and future plans.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ettin in the Playground

Sigh...I've really got to find some people to do dungeons with, I'm done everything else for my monthly, just need to do whatever amount of dungeons now.

On another note, Almost 78, I'll probably hit 80 sometime later today, YAY.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Sigh...I've really got to find some people to do dungeons with
    http://www.gw2lfg.com/ is the way to go if you dont have a dungeon diving guild. Works great imo.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Troll in the Playground

Sigh...I've really got to find some people to do dungeons with, I'm done everything else for my monthly, just need to do whatever amount of dungeons now.

What's your in-game? If you're on the American servers, you can guest over to Sanctum of Rall and we can run AC or CoF together, CoF path 1 is the easiest dungeon path in the game.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Barbarian in the Playground

good news: I've hit 80!
    bad news: ... with a Ranger, and the Ranger equipment from Laurels is bugged

good news: shortly after I learn about the Ranger equipment bug, there is a new build!
    bad news: ... and it's still not fixed

good news: I've got my dungeon runs for the monthly reward, and my monthly reward itself!
    bad news: ... what the hell do I do now?

good news: discount on bank-space mods, something useful to spend Gems on
    bad news: ... Gem prices accordingly skyrocket

my recent experience with dungeons has been mixed: some where good, most where okay but each and every run has been rushed with no discussion/advice/tactics/tour-guiding :(
    (well, the best run did have talk about tactics and advice, really stood out)

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    http://www.gw2lfg.com/ is the way to go if you dont have a dungeon diving guild. Works great imo.
    for my complaints about dungeon-groups, this is a great way to get groups quickly, just read fully and don't get greedy.
    Last edited by Badgerish; 2013-02-22 at 09:31 AM.
    Always kill your enemies, otherwise they will come back to haunt you - anon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    No one will ever be able to question your sense of style when you explain that you cut your own hair with your boot knife. Mainly because if they do, you have a knife in your boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveD
    "A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most ****ed up game show. Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH! Behind door number 2: A magic crown! Behind door number 3: ten pounds of sugar being guarded by six giant KILLER BEES!"
    noface

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Troll in the Playground

I've been trying to run a dungeon at least a couple of times a week with a few friends so you're free to jump in as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerish View Post
    good news: I've got my dungeon runs for the monthly reward, and my monthly reward itself!
    bad news: ... what the hell do I do now?
    More dungeons! Discover the world! Do some Jumping Puzzles, participate in World vs. World, hunt some dragons (Claw, Shatterer, and Tequatl), help the poor Pact soldiers in Cursed Shore, do your personal story, make a new character...

There's really no shortage of things to do, you just need to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerish View Post
    my recent experience with dungeons has been mixed: some where good, most where okay but each and every run has been rushed with no discussion/advice/tactics/tour-guiding :(
    (well, the best run did have talk about tactics and advice, really stood out)

edit:for my complaints about dungeon-groups, this is a great way to get groups quickly, just read fully and don't get greedy.
    Best way is to be honest about it: if you haven't done a particular dungeon or path, say "Hey, I've never done this path/place before, can anyone explain things I need to know?". Also, as the level of the dungeon goes up, the difficulty tends to go up as well. For something like Arah path 4, you really need a good group that is willing to tolerate mistakes, because Arah P4 is literally made of things waiting for the group to mess up so they can destroy everyone. It also takes like 5+ hours to complete.

I am getting really close to being 50% done with my legendary! Only 9 runestones to go, and I will have the Gift of the Dreamer! After that, I need 250 Ectos, about 200 each of t6 mats except Ancient bones, and The Lover. So basically most of the Gift of Fortune and then the Precursor.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow, dungeons really are a great way to make cash. 2 dungeons today(CoF p1&p2) and I made about 3 1/2 gold total. Would have been 8 1/2, but before I could grab my last item out of the chest(Superior Sigil of Fire, worth 5 gold ><), I was booted out of the dungeon. Wasn't happy about that, especially when I found out how much the sigil was worth, but ehh, whatever. I'll probably go back to do more CoF runs later tonight so I can get some more Flame Legion Charr Carvings so I can turn them in for a piece of exotic gear!.

Over-all, greatly enjoying the game at 80, especially now that the stress of getting monthlies done is gone, I can go back to enjoying it. Loving the ability to pick and choose which of the dailies to do as well, I slaughtered 50 enemies, killed a champ mob(dungeon), 30 helpless wildlife, 20 gatherings and gained a level(btw, did you all know that everytime the bar goes around for you once you hit 80, you still gain a skill point?). It's great! Looks like I'll be able to hit my goal of 40 gold fairly quickly at the rate this is going for me, which is awesome!

Also, I just bought my first piece of ascended gear ^^ Goes in the amulet slot, 30 laurels.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2013-02-27 at 10:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Troll in the Playground

(btw, did you all know that everytime the bar goes around for you once you hit 80, you still gain a skill point?)
    Yup. That's pretty much how you're supposed to be able to afford the Bloodstone Shard and all the Crystals/Philosopher's Stones you need for creating a Legendary (you need around 403 skill points, 200 for the Bloodstone Shard and ~203 for the Crystals/Philosopher's Stones for making 77 clovers).

I think I am getting burned out on the game, unfortunately. The legendary grind has gotten to a very annoying point (grinding the Gifts of Might + Magic, the 250 ectos, and the precursor) so it can no longer be the primary focus of the game for me...I could do dungeons, but repeating the same ones over and over and over does get a little boring (and some just aren't worth the time in the first place - I'm looking at you, Arah P4 taking 7-8 hours ), especially when most groups decide to just skip upwards of 50% of the content to get to the end boss faster.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    I think I am getting burned out on the game, unfortunately. The legendary grind has gotten to a very annoying point (grinding the Gifts of Might + Magic, the 250 ectos, and the precursor) so it can no longer be the primary focus of the game for me...I could do dungeons, but repeating the same ones over and over and over does get a little boring (and some just aren't worth the time in the first place - I'm looking at you, Arah P4 taking 7-8 hours ), especially when most groups decide to just skip upwards of 50% of the content to get to the end boss faster.
    Yeah, I think that is part of the nature of the game. Its not a hardcore progression or grind game. I'm not even trying for the legendary, as looks are just not enough reason for me to do that huge grind. What is currently keeping me interested is being an Achievement Chaser. Working my third guy to 80 now to get through the third of the three factions. I have 98% world completion, just needed the WvW zones. Playing around in alot of the jumping puzzles, checking out the living story. Lots of site seeing, but not much MMO gaming it seems.

Just a different type of MMO.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, so I have a question. I just finished up Frostgorge Sound, and with it, the last Shiverpeak area, yet when I go into the explorer achievements, it says I'm still missing 3 spots. Where are these final 3 places? A buddy suggested WvW, but I went in, and it didn't appear as though any of them were area specific, more like specific to the WvW map itself. Any ideas?

edit: To be very clear, I've gotten 100% map completion in all the shiverpeak areas, so I'm at a loss as to why I'm 171/174.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2013-03-01 at 01:25 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Troll in the Playground

Can you give a screen shot?
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Can you give a screen shot?
    Of it saying 171/174 under shiverpeak explorer? I wasn't referring specifically to frostgorge sound itself, but all of Shiverpeak areas in general.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/gw002lg.jpg/

Just in case my edit of last post goes un-noticed: I've gotten 100% completion of all the shiverpeak areas, and all of them within the last month, so unless 3 new spots were added in this last patch, I shouldn't be missing any.

edit: ON a happy note, btw, I got my first two exotics, they were my reward for completing ye olde Frostgorge Sound :) One of them I could even use!
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2013-03-01 at 01:34 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1102

Of it saying 171/174 under shiverpeak explorer? I wasn't referring specifically to frostgorge sound itself, but all of Shiverpeak areas in general.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/gw002lg.jpg/

Just in case my edit of last post goes un-noticed: I've gotten 100% completion of all the shiverpeak areas, and all of them within the last month, so unless 3 new spots were added in this last patch, I shouldn't be missing any.
    Given that part of the living world events are taking place in the region it wouldn't be all that surprising.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ogremindes View Post
    Given that part of the living world events are taking place in the region it wouldn't be all that surprising.
    Hmm, wouldn't the map load screen tell you that your missing POI's or what not though? Or did they forget to udpate that. Because I had thought of that, and entered Wayfarer Foothills, and it still said I had all the explorable spots completed.

For Wayfarer Foothills, what are the new spots(if any) located?

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe map completion is different from explorer completion. Look up the maps on the wiki, and check the area listings for any that don't have hearts, skill challenges, vistas, PoIs, or WPs associated with them. For example, Frostgorge Sound lists Rime Moraine as being unassociated with any item -- it's likely you grabbed it while visiting the heart in Glacial Collapse, but that's the sort of thing you're looking for.
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2013-03-01 at 01:48 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    I believe map completion is different from explorer completion. Look up the maps on the wiki, and check the area listings for any that don't have hearts, skill challenges, vistas, PoIs, or WPs associated with them. For example, Frostgorge Sound lists Rime Moraine as being unassociated with any item -- it's likely you grabbed it while visiting the heart in Glacial Collapse, but that's the sort of thing you're looking for.
    Alright, I'll do that. Thank you for the information. I looked at Rime Moraine, i do have that one, but you're right, there is no POI or anything in there. If that counts as an area explored, I have other spots I need to find then probably. Much appreciated!

edit: you wouldn't happen to know other uncommon areas that aren't counted towards map completion, but are for Explorer?

And I got them all! MUAHAHAH. I was missing the jumping puzzle: Griffonrook Run in Lornars pass, Forsaken Hall in Dredgehaunt Cliffs, and Lair of the Coil in Timberline Falls. Now I have all Shiverpeak areas explored :)
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2013-03-01 at 02:51 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Troll in the Playground

So, was wandering around in Fireheart Rise and killed one of those Veteran Firewalker thingies that the Flame Legion uses. And it dropped Khilbron's Mask. Which not only looks quite cool and is lore-cool, but is also worth 6 gold apparently on the trading post, so I'm not sure what to do with it now. >.>
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

So, was wandering around in Fireheart Rise and killed one of those Veteran Firewalker thingies that the Flame Legion uses. And it dropped Khilbron's Mask. Which not only looks quite cool and is lore-cool, but is also worth 6 gold apparently on the trading post, so I'm not sure what to do with it now. >.>
    >.>
    <.<
    Lick it...

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Troll in the Playground

Do you plan on making a necromancer?
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Do you plan on making a necromancer?
    I'm considering it, yes. Is it particularly good for them?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Troll in the Playground

Khilbron's set is perfect for a condition necro to run with, yes.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show