Thread: Guild Wars 2!

1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Guild Wars 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Korvedzk View Post
    >.>
    <.<
    Lick it...
    This. Lick it, and rub it, and hold it, and whisper sweet nothings into it's empty eye sockets!

Seriously though, if you can't use it, sell it. While it's cool to have meaningful lore related items, 6 1/2 gold is nothing to sneeze at, could be put towards a useful upgrade for you. On that note, congrats on finding such a great item!

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Troll in the Playground

Am I missing something? Cause I get the impression that this one seems to be a lot more valued then other Exotics? Why is that?
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Am I missing something? Cause I get the impression that this one seems to be a lot more valued then other Exotics? Why is that?
    It's probably a combination of supply and demand factors, as well as it being really good for most necromancer builds. And not being that useful for the other light armor classes.

Case in point, last week I got Rurick's boots (power/toughness/healing power). That stat combination isn't all that useful. If I wanted healing power gear to actually be useful I would need cleric where it's the primary stat. Or if I just wanted some healing power, it'd be more efficient to use knight or valkyrie armor, and have a couple cleric's trinkets for it. It did sell for just over 1g, though, so it wasn't totally useless.

Also, the heavy armor named set looks ugly as hell.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Blerg! One PoI from world compilation! Its in WvW, and we (TC) dropped down to T3 this week, and are winning pretty easily, and will go back up to T2 next week, where we got woooped last week. Crossing my fingers that we get that one place :).

Also, is it bad of me to switch from my GS to Hammer on my guardian, just because I got the Slayer Achievement for GS, but not for hammer? :p

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Troll in the Playground

We're at T1 in Sanctum of Rall
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    Blerg! One PoI from world compilation! Its in WvW, and we (TC) dropped down to T3 this week, and are winning pretty easily, and will go back up to T2 next week, where we got woooped last week. Crossing my fingers that we get that one place :).

Also, is it bad of me to switch from my GS to Hammer on my guardian, just because I got the Slayer Achievement for GS, but not for hammer? :p
    Ehh. I switched from Mace to Sword at level 60, realized I just couldn't stand the slower swing of the mace anymore, plus swords tend to have higher damage on them.

Also, congrats on the near 100% map completion. I'm sitting on 57% myself, and my buddy who got me into GW2 is about to breach 90%
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2013-03-07 at 05:58 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    We're at T1 in Sanctum of Rall
    You with the Gaiscotch? I haven't played GW with them, but part of the Guild in Warhammer and Rift.
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Troll in the Playground

Nope. Hired Assassins.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ettin in the Playground

Woot woot! 60% Map completion now, just finished up the Cursed Shores. Man, it, Malchors Leap, and Straits of devastation were a royal pain in the arse >< Every WP contested at least half the time, meaning a single death could force you to traverse half the map just to get back to where you were before you died. bleck! I'm actually looking forward to going back to low-mid level zones for a while.

On another note, I love the storyline. I have to say, I actually
    Spoiler
    Show
    would have been perfectly happy if the cleansing of orr had been the final part in the storyline, I thought it was quite beautiful, and even though the last battle against the main eye of zhaitan was kind of weak, everything leading up to it was freaking awesome. Ahh well, time to find a dungeon group so I can go in and kill Zhaitan and finish up the storyline(until they add more, or an xpansion comes out with a new storyline!

Maybe I should start tackling the living story.....

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ettin in the Playground

Just hit 400 in my armorsmithing, so I'm now 400 in that and Artifice. I think I'm going to take jeweler and weapon smith up to 400 next, as they are required to craft the Legendary sword and focus. Pretty stoked about it, I went from 176 armorsmith last night to 400 today, almost all with materials I had on hand, only had to buy about 80 silver worth of items, most of that on molten cores when I hit 375, as crafting superior runes of fire were worth a ton of craft exp. 10 of them took me from 375 to 400.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

I try to level up two crafting professions with each character - they're worth about 10 levels each.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, I've been having issues with leveling up Jeweling, I'm at 390 right now but I think I'll only get discovery XP still from Exquisite stuff, but I need Ecto's for that and those are about 40s a piece. Any thoughts?
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Hmm, I've been having issues with leveling up Jeweling, I'm at 390 right now but I think I'll only get discovery XP still from Exquisite stuff, but I need Ecto's for that and those are about 40s a piece. Any thoughts?
    That is essentially the case, yes. If you have made some rare items that you don't need, you can either sell them or salvage them with a high quality salvage kit in the hopes of getting some ectos.

I try to level up two crafting professions with each character - they're worth about 10 levels each.
    I do that too. The only skills I don't have at least some work put into right now are huntsman and cooking.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ecto's are way overpriced. Instead, buy level 68 rares as cheap as you can. They were about 22s each when I was on a few days ago. Then, salvage them either with Black Lion or Superior salvage kits. You get 0-3 ectos per rare. Repeat until 400, sell the rest for profit, or keep them for another craft.

Edit: typos. Dang tablet keyboard.
    Last edited by Decatus; 2013-03-12 at 02:22 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ettin in the Playground

Go to a craft master, and use karma to buy the jeweler(375) rare recipes. Then craft those, then go to discoveries and use them with a ring or amulet, and voila, instant 4 levels. I went from 375 to 400 in artifice in 5 discoveries after I bought the rare insignias recipes and made 5 different staffs out of it(valkyrie, berserkers, and 3 others, can't remember the name). Discovering rare crafts are worth huge exp.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, the annoying thing is just that you need several of the Jewels for one of those, which means several ectos. I have over ten of them stocked up, but it's still a bit of a money expenditure...
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, the annoying thing is just that you need several of the Jewels for one of those, which means several ectos. I have over ten of them stocked up, but it's still a bit of a money expenditure...
    really? jewelery requires ectos to be used in the crafting of the 375 rare recipies? Neither armorsmithing or artifice did, just required 15 of the t5 crafting materials. Ectos don't come in for either until the exotic insignias, and those require 5 ectos per. That definitely sucks :-(

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    really? jewelery requires ectos to be used in the crafting of the 375 rare recipies? Neither armorsmithing or artifice did, just required 15 of the t5 crafting materials. Ectos don't come in for either until the exotic insignias, and those require 5 ectos per. That definitely sucks :-(
    Yeah, Jewelcrafting Embellished Jewels require just five gems, but also one Ecto.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, Jewelcrafting Embellished Jewels require just five gems, but also one Ecto.
    Some, but not all. My buddy who got me into the game is a jewelcrafter, and I asked him if he used them to hit 400, and he said no, there are several discoveries/recipes that can be done to hit 400 without the use of ectoplasms. Maybe check out the guild wars 2 wikia page and search for the jewelry recipes. From a quick glance, there are a lot of masterwork jeweler recipes that are level 350 to make, if you "discover" all of them, that SHOULD take you from 375 to 400. Hard, but in the end it's likely still cheaper then buying those nasty ectoplasms(28 silver a pop on Sea of Sorrows).

If I were you I'd do one of the masterwork discoveries, see how much exp it gets, figure out how many of them you'd have to do, then calculate the cost of materials needed. Then do one of the 375 recipes that requires the use of 1 ecto, see how much exp it gives, then figure out from there which one is the cheapest. From personal experience, one rare(ie: the use of an ecto) discovery was worth 4-6 crafting levels, and one masterwork discovery was 2-4(it gets less as you get higher above the required level to craft the discovery, but from experience it's never less then 2).

I know that's a lot of work/time, but if you want 400 in the cheapest manner, it's about all I can suggest. I got lucky on my armorsmithing, the crafting of Superior Runes of the Soldier was actually a slightly profitable craft, even considering all materials necessary, and I only needed 8 crafts to go from 375 to 400. Jewelry seems to be one of the more difficult ones, as it is literally the only craft that Ectos are used in the 375 recipes(I checked the trading post, every other craft can only use them at 400. You jewelers get the shaft, majorly).

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Troll in the Playground

I'm pretty sure I did all of the masterwork ones already though, but I guess it doesn't hurt to double check again.

Also what makes the ecto one annoying is that I need 3 of the Jewels per item, so three ectos...

Luckily making one of the Emeral Mithril Rings of the Knight got me up to 400, even though it cost me three ectos. But I have a neat new ring now. And all 400 recipes cost 5 ectos anyway... :/

Also a friend of mine and me tried out Keg Brawl cause it's was a daily and it's actually really fun.
    Last edited by Astrella; 2013-03-13 at 03:12 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm pretty sure I did all of the masterwork ones already though, but I guess it doesn't hurt to double check again.

Also what makes the ecto one annoying is that I need 3 of the Jewels per item, so three ectos...

Luckily making one of the Emeral Mithril Rings of the Knight got me up to 400, even though it cost me three ectos. But I have a neat new ring now. And all 400 recipes cost 5 ectos anyway... :/

Also a friend of mine and me tried out Keg Brawl cause it's was a daily and it's actually really fun.
    Woot, grats on the jeweler 400!!

I've tried the Keg brawl, I just didn't really get it(nor was I very good at it).

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, I love keg brawl! The mead! The ice! The keg to the face!

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ettin in the Playground

So, update, I'm at 84% Map completion. I have caledon forest for fighting zones left, and then the 3 cities left, plus rata sum, then I have to finally start working on the WvW areas(bleck).

Got my weaponsmithing up to 366 now. Not to shabby at all, but it'll be a little while until I can take it to 400, as I don't want to spend anymore money atm on it. Still, never can tell, I might just break down and speed it to 400 in the next few days, then start up my next craft(probably jeweler).

Still having a good deal of fun in the game, the low level zones I'm doing now are actually kind of fun, lot of weird little things in them(especially metrica province, that whole area was nothing but quirkiness, lol). One of these days I need to find a group to do Fractals with, I'm highly curious as to what they are like!

So, who is wondering what exactly they are going to do for Easter? It seems pretty logical that they'll have an Easter event, I'm just wondering what! They are being very tight-lipped about the upcoming patch right now, and that is probably the reason.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Troll in the Playground

Still having a good deal of fun in the game, the low level zones I'm doing now are actually kind of fun, lot of weird little things in them(especially metrica province, that whole area was nothing but quirkiness, lol). One of these days I need to find a group to do Fractals with, I'm highly curious as to what they are like!
    Metrica is especially amusing if you compare dialogue that you get when you are an Asura compared to when you are a different race. Asura get things like "reverse the flux capacitor" at the first heart for example while others get "fiddle with the red wire" or "hit it in frustration".

The Raven riddle event in Wayfarer Hill is also something I quite like.

Fractals are really fun. A few of them can be a bit frustrating but most of them are very enjoyable. I play Fractals with a few people on a regular basis, you're always free to join in but I think you're on a US server? And I believe you can't guest between regions (since we are in the EU).

-----

My own progress: I'm saving up Karma for the Exotic Karma armor that you can buy in Cursed Shore. Have also been leveling up an Asura Ranger with a friend and am level 43 with her now. I started with a Ranger when the game first came out but got burned out on the Profession pretty quickly but checking it out again has made me appreciate it a ton more.

I'm also considering farming up materials for this.
    Last edited by Astrella; 2013-03-23 at 07:21 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Troll in the Playground

One of these days I need to find a group to do Fractals with, I'm highly curious as to what they are like!
    In my experience, fractals start off unfun, because no one knows what they're doing; they then become fun (around fractal level 10), when you know what you are doing, and then become unfun again, because at high fractal levels a single screwup causes the entire group to ragequit.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I finished up weaponsmithing last night, and today I went from 0-400 in jeweler :). I won't be doing anymore crafting for a while though, as I plan on crafting all exotic equipment for my character once I'm sure that Bank tabs/bag slots aren't going to be going on sale during the March Sale. Figure I can probably save myself several gold by crafting all my gear rather then buying it, which I can invest into Superior Runes of Divinity ^^

On another note, now starting on the cities! After that, it's onto WvW

Edit: Cities done, guess now I have to start in on WvW, not that I'm very happy about it ><
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2013-03-25 at 04:38 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Troll in the Playground

WvW isn't that hard. Join a zerg and run around as they cap.

What server are you on? If you're on Sanctum of Rall, I can help out.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

Well, my Mesmer is on level 76. I drop like a fly in Orr, but I keep going. And I've actually managed to catch up with my Jewelcrafting, so that's good.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I've noticed I drop really easily in Orr as well. I nearly have my 252K Karma saved up though, so once I get full Exotics I hope things will go a bit better.

-----

Character woes suck. I want to make a Warrior but just can't decide between Norn or Charr. >.>
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

The future of Online Games, with Johnson from GW2 design team.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aI5CRaQvEg

For anyone going for map completion, I suggest you start thinking about WvW compleatoin early. Its quite easy if you are able to go in when you are at different standings in the match (ie starting in blue, green and red).