New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2!

1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Guild Wars 2!

Just got my Collectors Edition. Wow, I did not realize just how huge that thing is.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright pre ordered the game. I am on Tarnished coast

LegoShrimp.1264

Add me to the guild when you get a chance!

So far have been playing an elementilist(only level 5).

3. - Top - End - #153

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    Alright pre ordered the game. I am on Tarnished coast

LegoShrimp.1264

Add me to the guild when you get a chance!

So far have been playing an elementilist(only level 5).
    Invite sent.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

There have been some issues with guilds. I sent out 5-6 invites to people I met in game, and they were not in the guild upto 8 hours later. I had the same issue joining the GitPG guild (I'm in now!).

Also when I was trying to buy guild perks, I could not make a queue. And now that we have economy and architecture I, I cant buy the second Architecture step (while we do have enough points). Meh just the prerelease, and not a major issue.

I played way to much this weekend, but it is a very nice game. Lots of great exploring, and not grindy yet. Messed with crafting a bit, but mostly just ran around doing stuff. Double thumbs up.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Username: OracleofSilence.2741

currently a Ranger lvl 11

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    There have been some issues with guilds. I sent out 5-6 invites to people I met in game, and they were not in the guild upto 8 hours later. I had the same issue joining the GitPG guild.
    I think this issue is caused by the overflow system. I couldn't accept the invite while I was in overflow but once I made it onto the server proper it went through pretty quickly. Could just be some system hiccups going on though.

I too played more than I should have (or not as much as I should have... one of those) this weekend. I'm really enjoying it. I've got my elementalist to 14. The Asura dodging is fun to watch. I flip off ledges pretty frequently just for the heck of it.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ogremindes View Post
    Invite sent.
    Thanks :) in the guild now but I switched servers because. Everyone on the mumble server I go to is in piken square.

8. - Top - End - #158

Damn jumpng Puzzles are time sink. Spend an hour doing Morgan's leap + Dark Reverie, and another hour yesterday doing Goam's Lab.

Really fun though.
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

JungleNin.8379

Send an invite to the guild plz.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    JungleNin.8379

Send an invite to the guild plz.
    Invite sent.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Also I am streaming my leveling in GW2 if anyone is interested http://www.twitch.tv/legoshrimp
    Streaming right now and probably will be most of today. Also playing a human elementalist.
    Last edited by Legoshrimp; 2012-08-28 at 04:46 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Human Ellies ftw!

Mattarias.7915 if anyone wants to shoot me an invite. Apparently you can be in a guild from a different world..?

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by Mattarias, King. View Post
    Human Ellies ftw!

Mattarias.7915 if anyone wants to shoot me an invite. Apparently you can be in a guild from a different world..?
    Sure can. I'll send you one once I'm at my computer. Done.
    Last edited by Ogremindes; 2012-08-28 at 06:34 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

So apparently this game is all sold out on Green Man Gaming.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

You could always just buy here.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    You could always just buy here.
    Yes, but why pay an unnecessary extra $12?

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Yes, but why pay an unnecessary extra $12?
    How is it an extra 12? looking at it they are both 60.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

A quick question about guildwars 2; how inaccurate are some of the older videos on it? Such as the ones yogcast did when it first entered public beta, are there still enough things remaining from that period that those videos are still somewhat useful?(I largely ask as I'll be able to get a copy of guildwars 2 either tomorrow[if I go with a disk] or on the 31st[if I go with a digital copy])
    edit: also, acording to the wiki I could give a human or asura an afro, how do they look in game?, I sort of like the idea of having a character with one.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-08-29 at 01:59 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

The leveling pace seems to be a bit off, as far as I've been able to gather so far. I have a Charr who has already done all the Charr-Area Hearts up to level 18 (that is, even going into Diessa), 100%'d Ashford and the Black Citadel, done all of his My Story stuff up to level ~18, participated in every passing event that he was ever notified of, utilized a +50% xp boost, and done some crafting.

He's still only level 15.

I refuse to grind for three levels, so I went and made an Asura. Same problem, but he's level 13, having burned out everything up to level ~16.

I thought World vs World (vs World) might be the solution, but I spent ~40 minutes, solely running to where fights were being indicated to me (via the map, and by the chat), without ever getting into a fight.

I'm sad, because the game is otherwise very entertaining. It's just killing my enthusiasm with this wall where I either have to grind a ridiculous amount, or go to another race's starting zone and do content that I've already done, or am planning to do with a different character.

20. - Top - End - #170

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    The leveling pace seems to be a bit off, as far as I've been able to gather so far. I have a Charr who has already done all the Charr-Area Hearts up to level 18 (that is, even going into Diessa), 100%'d Ashford and the Black Citadel, done all of his My Story stuff up to level ~18, participated in every passing event that he was ever notified of, utilized a +50% xp boost, and done some crafting.

He's still only level 15.

I refuse to grind for three levels, so I went and made an Asura. Same problem, but he's level 13, having burned out everything up to level ~16.

I thought World vs World (vs World) might be the solution, but I spent ~40 minutes, solely running to where fights were being indicated to me (via the map, and by the chat), without ever getting into a fight.

I'm sad, because the game is otherwise very entertaining. It's just killing my enthusiasm with this wall where I either have to grind a ridiculous amount, or go to another race's starting zone and do content that I've already done, or am planning to do with a different character.
    Odd. I haven't had any trouble levelling my Sylvari, and the Charr zones should be better tuned. I feel like you must be missing something, but what I couldn't say. Actually, shouldn't you be moving on to the next zone at 15 anyway?
    Last edited by Ogremindes; 2012-08-29 at 05:10 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Exploring, doing a bit of crafting, making sure you fully complete your capital (That's worth about a level and a half.) and I think the game encourages you to check out the other starting areas a bit. Then again I've been doing that so much helping other people that I'm now 27 in a 15-25 zone, so...

Edit: In your specific case, have you checked out crafting? Discovering new recipes gives you huge amounts of experience. And just wait with the story bits until you catch up in level again.
    Last edited by Astrella; 2012-08-29 at 06:02 AM.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Banned

There are four things which will help immensely that people aren't doing.
    1. Explore, and kill things along the way. The longer a mob has been alive in the game world, the more bonus XP it's worth. Finding nooks and crannies off of the beaten path will sometimes be worth more XP than the Heart you were hoping to find.
    2. Talk to NPCs. There are TONS of NPCs which have names, and most people run right by them because they don't have an icon over their heads. Many of these NPCs will start an event if you talk to them. If he has a name, talk to him.
    3. After an event, DO NOT run off. That's what most people do. Hang out for a minute if nothing happens. If the NPC runs off, follow them. Often these will chain into something else, but most players have run off after finishing the last one and miss the follow up.
    4. Crafting. Harvesting resources is worth XP. Crafting is worth both crafting XP *and* character XP. Do it.

Then you could do as Astrella mentions and travel to another starter zone.
    The easiest, fastest, and cheapest way to do that is to go to your Hero screen, click the crossed swords on the left side to enter PvP, go to the Heart of the Mists, travel through the portal directly ahead of you to Lion's Arch, and go north over the bridge. There you'll find a hub of Asura gates which will lead you to the hub city of every starter zone in the game. You can tell which zone the gate leads to by the NPCs standing around it.
    Last edited by Shadow; 2012-08-29 at 06:16 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Barbarian in the Playground

Make sure you're doing events. My Asura hung out a lot around the Reactor until I was ~16 ish just doing the events and stuff. Make sure you're getting the daily Achievement exp aswall. That thing is huge and the gold is nice. Also, if you can get in on the Fire Elemental, even if its only at the tail end of things, the exp is nice, and the drops are good too. not to mention the events leading up to it gives you what, 1.5k exp? and take not much time at all.
    And if you get too tired there head north and do those events. For me events and random exploration are the brute of my exp, with hearts and story line quest coming behind. And crafting, but not so much.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Banned

You also need to take into account the fact that most games are designed to lead you around by the nose. Gw2 is designed to be explored. If you play it as if it should be leading you, you'll probably be disappointed or under leveled.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    How is it an extra 12? looking at it they are both 60.
    Green Man Gaming has 20% off coupon.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

You can't keep up with the areas you're leveling in if you do nothing but hearts and events. You should be crafting, exploring, doing jumping puzzles, etc. etc.

World versus World can help you earn XP, too. Don't just run around following the zerg - protect supply caravans, take keeps, defend keeps, etc. You earn a ton of XP and karma from actually fulfilling the objectives.

Oh, also: gathering item materials earns XP, as does reviving people, both PCs and NPCs. It may not seem like a lot but it'll add up. And if you're going to be crafting, don't craft a ton of the same thing - use the discovery system to make new things, it grants a ton of bonus xp. Also, try following NPCs - you'd be surprised how often they'll leave one event and lead you to another!

There's nothing wrong with the leveling in this game. What's wrong is that people seem to be treating it like WoW and just doing hearts.

Also, in the game as YukiAkuma.8639.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2012-08-29 at 11:58 AM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay I'm in the game as Polytonic.4836!

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

I've already been doing everything that has been suggested here. Like I said, I got 100% of the little map collectable things, did all the events that I could, have been gathering/crafting - I'm doing all of that stuff. I'm exploring, talking to people, and so on.

My Charr is still level 16 doing level 20-21 stuff.

At least, when fighting stuff 4 levels higher than yourself, you actually have to use the dodge mechanic. It sort of disappointed me that dodging is largely unnecessary against level appropriate enemies.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Firbolg in the Playground

Is there a demo i can try out? Shamus Young's review kind of tempted me.

Looking forward to recreate WoW's Warrior. Blademaster Rifleman

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Sadly currently no demo or trial version afaik.