New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2!

1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Guild Wars 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    At least, when fighting stuff 4 levels higher than yourself, you actually have to use the dodge mechanic. It sort of disappointed me that dodging is largely unnecessary against level appropriate enemies.
    This is by design. This way, casual players can play their level's content while better ones can tackle areas where they're underleveled.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

So I've gotten a disk copy, how do i download it?, I run disk one and then it loads for two screens, then closes, and ntohing else happens.
    The problem also isn't listed in the support area
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-08-29 at 05:04 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mind adding me? I'm Meatshield.1945. Just making my character now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Posted by Keld Denar
    What can I say? When life gives you lemons, you BLOW THOSE LEMONS TO BITS WITH YOUR LAZER BEAMS!
    Avatar by the wonderful A Rainy Knight.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Is there some sort of demo or trial version? I had some fun with Guild Wars 1 before I grew bored with it, and Guild Wars 2 looks pretty interesting, especially the way professions are handled. But I'd rather try it out before diving in.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Is there some sort of demo or trial version? I had some fun with Guild Wars 1 before I grew bored with it, and Guild Wars 2 looks pretty interesting, especially the way professions are handled. But I'd rather try it out before diving in.
    3 posts above yours

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

So, anyone know why i can't instal the game?, it can't even open the installer
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-08-29 at 05:54 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    3 posts above yours
    Ah. I guess I should have read the whole thread. Oh well. Guess I'll have to rely on others' impressions.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Ah. I guess I should have read the whole thread. Oh well. Guess I'll have to rely on others' impressions.
    Me too..

Which started with Shamus's!!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    So I've gotten a disk copy, how do i download it?, I run disk one and then it loads for two screens, then closes, and ntohing else happens.
    The problem also isn't listed in the support area
    I´m not entirely sure how the disk version works since I had a preorder version.

If everything else fails just go to the official guildwars site, add the serial number which should be inside your box to your account, then download the launcher/installer.
    Just launch and it downloads all files required (this will take while ~15gb ^^)

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

I did use the installer from teh site, same problem happened
    edit: do i select load or run from the site?
    when i select save and run it it goes to one screen that loads about 10kb of something, then oen screen that loads 0 of something, and then it just fails to function.
    I've tried googling the problem, but this error doesn't seem to exist for anyoen else who has tried guildwars 2.
    edit: oddly the disk works fine on my latop
    Could me having done a full wipe of my desktop removed soemthing that allowed things like the installer to run?
    if all else fails, maybe I can send the installed version from my laptop to my desktop
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-08-29 at 06:45 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

The screen that loads the 0kb, is that the splash screen with the guildwars2 logo does it look like this:

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/66...2_Launcher.JPG

?

/edit okay if it works fine with your laptop, could it be that you don´t have enough diskspace available on your pc ?

(maybe it checks that before downloading)
    Last edited by Emmerask; 2012-08-29 at 06:48 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

my disk space is nearly all empty, also, the screen does look like that one, with with only the picture, the words "guildwars 2" and a really big icon showing 0kb/at 0kb loaded, before vanishing.
    edit: could an older computer have trouble?, my desktop is a fairly low-end computer from 2005 that I got as a used computer
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-08-29 at 06:58 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

13. - Top - End - #193

Stupid

stupid

stupid..

Remi, you are going to leave for the UK in 3 weeks. You will be starting a Master's degree, for god's sake!!

You will need to focus your entire time to read and study international politics. Also, you cannot afford to pay for a 60$ game.

So tell me, why did you just shelved out the money? Is it because Diablo III proved to be rather underwhelming after the initial weeks? Is that it?! You know what is your problem? You are a gamerholic. May you have the self-control to see you through your life projects.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

my disk space is nearly all empty, also, the screen does look like that one, with with only the picture, the words "guildwars 2" and a really big icon showing 0kb/at 0kb loaded, before vanishing.
    edit: could an older computer have trouble?, my desktop is a fairly low-end computer from 2005 that I got as a used computer
    Well it shouldn´t have trouble downloading the files, in Game is another matter though outside of the open pvp (wvw) I had no problems with my older pc.

Are you the administrator (windows account?) maybe try right klicking the gw2.exe icon then select run as administrator

/edit with disk space empty I assume you mean you have more then enough diskspace (its a little unclear )

Stupid

stupid

stupid..

Remi, you are going to leave for the UK in 3 weeks. You will be starting a Master's degree, for god's sake!!

You will need to focus your entire time to read and study international politics. Also, you cannot afford to pay for a 60$ game.

So tell me, why did you just shelved out the money? Is it because Diablo III proved to be rather underwhelming after the initial weeks? Is that it?! You know what is your problem? You are a gamerholic. May you have the self-control to see you through your life projects.
    If you don´t overdo it its fine, one can´t just learn every single moment and having something relaxing (and cheap!) to do after you finished studying for the day is always nice
    Last edited by Emmerask; 2012-08-29 at 07:11 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerask View Post
    If you don´t overdo it its fine, one can´t just learn every single moment and having something relaxing (and cheap!) to do after you finished studying for the day is always nice
    That might be my saving grace. I plan to approach this degree like a full time job: 9 to 5 work and study, relax most evenings.

16. - Top - End - #196

Damn it. I try to confirm my email address, and the link they send me always ends in failure! Is that normal?

17. - Top - End - #197

Damn it. I try to confirm my email address, and the link they send me always ends in failure! Is that normal?
    Yeah, it's a known issue.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I'd like an invite as well, please. TedEBear.7150

19. - Top - End - #199

If someone can throw me an invite, I'd like to game with fella playgrounders..

FrankBill.9853

edit: nevermind, let me first actually join Tarnished Coast
    Last edited by Cikomyr; 2012-08-29 at 08:59 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

A quick question; can I have 5 characters per server, or 5 character, but soemtimes switch them ebtween servers?
    Meow(Steam page)

21. - Top - End - #201

Togath, did you resolve your earlier issue? My girlfriend is running into the same problem, and I wanted to know if you figured out how to fix it.
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

I'm not evil. My morals just aren't the same as society's.

On a one man quest to beat the Star Wars Universe, using nothing but simple, plain, ordinary logic. Score so far: Me 593 SWU 450

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

I wasn't able too, but i did get it to load(but run at only about 10 frames per second) on my laptop
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-08-29 at 09:16 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

23. - Top - End - #203

Tis what I was afraid of.
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

I'm not evil. My morals just aren't the same as society's.

On a one man quest to beat the Star Wars Universe, using nothing but simple, plain, ordinary logic. Score so far: Me 593 SWU 450

24. - Top - End - #204

A quick question; can I have 5 characters per server, or 5 character, but soemtimes switch them ebtween servers?
    5 characters total (can buy more slots from cash shop), all on the same server. You can presently switch server for free, but that will also become a cash purchase.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ogremindes View Post
    5 characters total (can buy more slots from cash shop), all on the same server. You can presently switch server for free, but that will also become a cash purchase.
    Are you sure? I seem to recall a lot of "We want you to be able to play with your friends, which is why you can join multiple guilds and switch servers for free any time you want, even though you're always bound by your own server's WvW rating to prevent griefing." being thrown around in interviews and such before the game's release.

Looking forward to recreate WoW's Warrior. Blademaster Rifleman
    I was pleasantly surprised by how awesome GW2 Warriors are with a rifle. I'm thinking of playing mine as a ranged support character once I can start doing dungeons.

I hope that talent that makes your shouts heal is still in the game. It was in the beta, but I haven't checked if it survived.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Are you sure? I seem to recall a lot of "We want you to be able to play with your friends, which is why you can join multiple guilds and switch servers for free any time you want, even though you're always bound by your own server's WvW rating to prevent griefing." being thrown around in interviews and such before the game's release.
    There will be a "Guesting" system added. Your home server is just that: your home. Once Guesting is introduced you will be able to log into any server that you wish, which means that you will be able to play on any server that you like, and be in guilds from multiple servers.
    This will come with a few restrictions, such as WvW being unavailable while Guesting, etc.
    But your "home" server cannot be changed unless you pay gems to do so [after the temporarily free transfer period ends].

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    There will be a "Guesting" system added. Your home server is just that: your home. Once Guesting is introduced you will be able to log into any server that you wish, which means that you will be able to play on any server that you like, and be in guilds from multiple servers.
    This will come with a few restrictions, such as WvW being unavailable while Guesting, etc.
    But your "home" server cannot be changed unless you pay gems to do so [after the temporarily free transfer period ends].
    Ah, okay. That makes sense. Thank you for elaborating.

28. - Top - End - #208

That game is quite fun for now. The event system is chaotic as hell. I should be offered the option to turn down an event so I am not distracted by it as it happens.

(you have my name/code, invite me at your convenience ;)

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

That game is quite fun for now. The event system is chaotic as hell. I should be offered the option to turn down an event so I am not distracted by it as it happens.

(you have my name/code, invite me at your convenience ;)
    You can just ignore them.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

No one is forcing you to run towards an event.... I ignore them if they are one I have done before or if I'm doing something more important (like getting map completion)
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.