New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2!

1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Guild Wars 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    How common are abilities like the engineer/rifle rocket jump thing?, or like the 1 handed sword/warrior jumping charge?, I've found them useful for jumping puzzles, and for traveling in general, but have eebn thinking of trying out another class, but wanted to pick oen with mobility
    I don't think ground-targeted movement is all that common, but it's not something I've been looking for. Many melee weapons have an enemy-targeted lunge, though.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

So, I got 101% critical hit chance.

Spoiler
    Show

Dunno how long that'll last, or how useful it really is, but still cool.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Oh god it's the surfer boy Charr.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

an I gain xp for doing zones lower in level then me?, or can I only gain achievements and skill points?
    I also wasn't sure which kit abilities would be useful while leveling an engineer, the grenade kit turned out to be good, but the medi-kit is pretty much useless.
    Also, could i get a guild invite?, my name+number thingy is; Doffen.4726
    Though I'll probably mostly only be online for about 2-6 hours a day currently, and at most 2-3 hours in a row(then again, from my experience so far, quest chains and dungeons and those sorts of things can both be stopped easily, and don't take 3-6 hours to finish a single mid level quest/dungeon, which is a nice change from something such as ddo)
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-08-31 at 03:56 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

5. - Top - End - #245
    Pixie in the Playground

So through playing GW1 for 6 years andafter waiting for what....3 years for this to come out? I still can't get it yet because I'm poor and my laptop practically runs on coal Anybody have experience with the Necro? From the early videos I saw they look to be condition and DoT based? I'm not so interested in minions, unless they're more interesting than straight damage. With the Mesmer taking a more burst damage direction, Iwant to play a character similiar to the GW1 mesmer.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

I think the ranger and warrior have a lot of DoTs and condition effects, especially if they use bows.
    Necro is more based on minion(though the minions do have many different types of abilities, one is even used as one of your heals) zergs though, I think.
    Engineer also has a lot of condidtion effects.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-08-31 at 04:14 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ogremindes View Post
    I don't think ground-targeted movement is all that common, but it's not something I've been looking for. Many melee weapons have an enemy-targeted lunge, though.
    Thieves and Mesmers have a ground-targeted teleport... but I don't think it lets you cross gaps. :(
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Aye, I've tried out the thief one, it would be good in pvp though(though it doesn't help any with getting vistas)
    Meow(Steam page)

9. - Top - End - #249
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by milleris View Post
    So through playing GW1 for 6 years andafter waiting for what....3 years for this to come out? I still can't get it yet because I'm poor and my laptop practically runs on coal Anybody have experience with the Necro? From the early videos I saw they look to be condition and DoT based? I'm not so interested in minions, unless they're more interesting than straight damage. With the Mesmer taking a more burst damage direction, Iwant to play a character similiar to the GW1 mesmer.
    The closest thing to the GW1 mesmer is the GW2 mesmer. Many of the mesmer changes between games was to make them viable in the new trinity-less dynamic. I'd give them a try.

The necromancer is a very attrition based profession. Your stopping power isn't necessarily that high, but your staying power is. Minions are really only good if you go for the whole minion army. Individually they die too fast. Condition based builds are very powerful.

Don't get too attached to a build before you start playing the game, though. You'll want to try different combinations of weapons/skills out and may find you enjoy something more than you thought you would.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Banned

have eebn thinking of trying out another class, but wanted to pick oen with mobility
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    Thieves and Mesmers have a ground-targeted teleport... but I don't think it lets you cross gaps. :(
    Some of them do, some of them don't. Most of them don't, but it depends on the skill.

Thieves with almost any weapon set are inherently extremely mobile. They're all about stick & move fighting.
    Engineers can be built for a lot of mobility.
    Elementalists with an off hand dagger [and especially double dagger] are very mobile as well.
    Every profession that I can think of has gap closers or retreats on at least one weapon set. But if you're looking for the most mobile profession with the least amount of work to get it, Thief is the answer.
    Last edited by Shadow; 2012-08-31 at 06:43 AM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Firbolg in the Playground

Funny, this makes me consider putting Haley as a ranger and Belkar as a thief...

Oh well.

Hey! Fellow guild members!! I tried talking to you yesterday with the Guild Chat, and you all snubbing ignored me! Too sad, I had (still have) a GREEN wizard hat for you. Seems to give a fire-related ability.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by per that facebookish thing
    Ensuring the best possible play experience for our fans is our highest priority. We’ve said before that we would be willing to temporarily disable first-party digital sales if we felt our high player concurrency may compromise player experiences. We have now reached that point.

Effective immediately we have disabled sales via buy.guildwars2.com. To be clear, box and digital sales are still available via our retail partners. We are tracking our concurrency closely while expanding our infrastructure. We’ll re-enable first-party digital sales as soon as we feel that we can do so safely. ~RB2

Wow!

Just Wow. This is fantastic for them, they said 400k users before the game opened and over 1 million when it hit stores. They better start buying some more server room. I had a friend that wanted to come in, and he cant get on our server cause it is full. He bought 1000 influence for our guild, but it cant be used on Tarnish Coast where most of us are, because it is server specific? Considering every other part of the game is not server specific (partying, guilds, chat, AH, Mail ect...) this was an up-plesant surprise.

13. - Top - End - #253

That's a good move. Ensure best player experience possible, make sure as little negative feedback gets out to the market. I like.

14. - Top - End - #254

ClericGuy

Sure the game is going well. I expect may more people will be out buying the game once the big websites like IGN and Gamespot review it. Anet isn't the company to generously fund these sites to get a better rating (*cough* Blizzard *cough*), but if the game scores 9+, there will be another flood.

I'm glad it's going well, despite all the initial technical issues.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Evrine View Post
    The necromancer is a very attrition based profession. Your stopping power isn't necessarily that high, but your staying power is.
    I can't stress this enough. I dunno if the Necro got nerfed by release, but a few beta weekends ago, I was playing a Necro in pvp, and with a minion-master build, could tank the entire enemy team of 5 for a while. Long enough that my 4 allies could just walk around and grab all the control points (I won 14 out of the 15 matches I played that weekend by doing this).

I stacked Vitality, right? In battle, I obviously used my heal skill, but that has a long cooldown. However, when I got low, I went into Death Shroud which is an entire other health bar. And, when I got out of Death Shroud, my heal was off cooldown. But, the best part? When you get down to 0, in your downed state, your minions are still active. So, if my Flesh Golem downed an enemy, I rallied back to life, and could heal and go into Death Shroud again. And be downed again, and rally again, and heal/Death Shroud again, and so on. Combine that with weapon skills that can heal you and debuff your enemy's damage, and that's a lot of survivability.

The only problem I would see is that, doing that in PvE - well, never being in danger of real death, and having most of your damage come from your minions passively murdering everything in a radius around you, could get boring. Tanking an entire PvP team is a bit more entertaining. I think I'd go with something more direct for PvE.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

The thing is beta is the time where everyone is learning their classes, so I wouldn´t put too much on the perceived balancing there

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerask View Post
    The thing is beta is the time where everyone is learning their classes, so I wouldn´t put too much on the perceived balancing there
    That's true. I will say that the match I lost was the one where the opposing team showed any kind of coordination whatsoever, and I just got rolled over and lost horribly.

But still, two health bars and easy rallies. Necros are tough.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

How do i unlock the skills gainedf by skill-points?, I've managed to reach level 11 on my warrior, but I'm unsure of what I need to do now
    Meow(Steam page)

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

How do i unlock the skills gainedf by skill-points?, I've managed to reach level 11 on my warrior, but I'm unsure of what I need to do now
    Click them. The skill point cost will turn into a little confirm button, then click again if you want to purchase it.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Banned

No, he's talking about traits. Find your trainer and buy a tome to unlock them.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Skills? You have to click something on the UI, then a page will pop up with the skills selection, you click on one you have enough points for, then you click on one of the 7-8-9 slots, as long as one's unlocked (you can swap the skill in the slot later).

Traits? I don't know if you have to visit a trainer. I know you have to visit one to reset your traits, but I don't remember if you have to when you just have free trait points.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2012-08-31 at 05:01 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

I meant, how do i unlock skill tiers?, is it just gained automatically once you reach a high enough level?
    Meow(Steam page)

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

You need to buy at least 3 skills of the lower tier and have the required level I believe.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, that explains it, I had been wondering how people were getting thigns such as flamethrowers at lowish levels(spend skill points to unlock more skills, and head to your class trainer to unlock traits, correct?)
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-08-31 at 05:15 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

25. - Top - End - #265

Quote Originally Posted by mucco View Post
    Sure the game is going well. I expect may more people will be out buying the game once the big websites like IGN and Gamespot review it. Anet isn't the company to generously fund these sites to get a better rating (*cough* Blizzard *cough*), but if the game scores 9+, there will be another flood.

I'm glad it's going well, despite all the initial technical issues.
    Gamebreaker.tv has 2 shows devoted to it, MikeB has been pitching it for the entirety of the Beta, many other sites have been pitching it since Beta. TheEscapist has been doing videos pretty much every week. It's getting lots of press.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

26. - Top - End - #266
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    You need to buy at least FIVE skills of the lower tier and have the required level I believe.
    Fixed it for you

27. - Top - End - #267

Ah, that explains it, I had been wondering how people were getting thigns such as flamethrowers at lowish levels(spend skill points to unlock more skills, and head to your class trainer to unlock traits, correct?)
    Pretty much. And there are a lot of skill point quests available in low level areas, so they add up quick.
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

I'm not evil. My morals just aren't the same as society's.

On a one man quest to beat the Star Wars Universe, using nothing but simple, plain, ordinary logic. Score so far: Me 593 SWU 450

28. - Top - End - #268

So... nobody interested in joining a OotS party?

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Double-dagger fire ellies are SO FUN!

What's that? I'm a mage, so I should stay in the back? NOPE! I'm just gonna jump into the fray and throw fire everywhere, mmkay? Kay.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Hey! Fellow guild members!! I tried talking to you yesterday with the Guild Chat, and you all snubbing ignored me! Too sad, I had (still have) a GREEN wizard hat for you. Seems to give a fire-related ability.
    Were you representing? When you join you aren't automatically representing, you have to set it in the guild panel. From what I understand you can only see and participate in guild chat for the guild your currently represent. If you were, perhaps they were not and that's why they didn't see you.
    Last edited by TedEBearNC; 2012-08-31 at 08:59 PM.