New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Updated Resources for the Moonshaes?

My seafaring campaign is within reach of the Moonshaes, and I'm thinking of a brief visit depending on how things go. I've never been that familiar with this part of the Realms, and the FRCS only has a page and a half which covers the basics; there isn't even a map.

I know there was an old AD&D booklet, simply called Moonshae, which laid out the islands in some detail. Has any of this been updated for 3.0 or 3.5? Is there material in Dragon magazine, or archived somewhere on the Wizards website?
    Last edited by Palanan; 2012-07-09 at 03:42 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Updated Resources for the Moonshaes?

This should help out some. Chronology and a map, from Dragon. More maps are here, here, here and here.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Updated Resources for the Moonshaes?

Okay, thanks for the article; I'd been hoping the Archive might have something. Good old Realms, more history than you know what to do with.

I've seen the Yack Tundra maps from Candlekeep, and I also like the James Bluff map from the same page. As for the last link, anything by Karen Wynn Fonstad is great. I'm thinking of adapting that one for a navigational chart.

What would be ideal, to help prepare for a visit, would be a city plan for Caer Corwell or a similar port. There's a little more information here, but still not quite the level of detail I'm looking for, and sadly no port diagrams. Anything like that floating around?