Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 36
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Grailkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ireland

    Default First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    The 117th Chapter of the Sons of Horus had had a glorious history during the great crusade and the great revelation. The subsequent tides of fate had not been so favourable. Ever since the death of Brother-Captain Solvan at the Emperor's palace and the assumption of the role of leadership by Devron Kayruth, things had gone from bad to worse.

    The latest ignomy came after the battle for Valrona. There the chapter lost its flagship to the Iron Warriors. With it went most of your machinery, relics and trophies. The Battlefield losses and subsequent defections cost the warband between 40 and 60% of its manpower. It was after this disgrace that the warband gained its shame-name "The Fallen".

    You sit in high orbit above Cadia in your only remaining starcraft, "Might Makes Right", a cobra destroyer wrested from the Imperial Navy. The Despoiler having denied the Fallen the right to make war on Cadia at this stage of the Crusade.

    You have been summoned to one of the flight decks by Lord Kayruth.
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 2012-06-30 at 01:53 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Bowerbird's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    The irritiating scraping of metal on metal and an eerie heavy, artificial breathing follows Vitus as he enters the room in his dingy, battle-scarred Terminator armour. He takes up his usual position towards the back of the others. His gaze falling on each of the transhumans before finally settling on the human. He remains silent, waiting for the others to do the talking, his gaze fixed on the human.
    Character "Resume" (Somewhat out of date)

    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.
    Systems GMed:
    Star Wars SAGA, D&D 3.5, WFRP2

    Systems I've Attempted to GM:
    Dark heresy, Exalted, M&M.

    Helping provide Homebrew for lowlevelowl's Desecrated Campaign Setting.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The great white north
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    Uzeal slinks his way through behind Vitus, slowed down by his comrades terminator armour. His two bolt pistols are strapped to his sides and a chainaxe at his back. As he walks he drags his left hand along the wall and a cry of metal his heard and sparks flare as his unpowered lightning claw scratches the thick metal walls of the starship. Once he makes his way past his brother he looks at the assembled... well all but one are far from being humans, through his archaic designed helmet's optical sensors. He nods to his lord and looks down at the small man in the imperial outfit and lets out a barely audible growl.
    "Why are we here Kayruth?
    Last edited by Ironcross; 2012-06-30 at 03:24 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    brolthemighty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    Following behind Uzeal, Amun stops in the doorway and regards the man in white. It was not unheard of to have someone not of the Legion at a briefing, but it was unexpected. Nevertheless he had met far more imposing of individuals, that looked far more benign. Let us see what this...creature, has to say.

    Steeling his mind against possible malign influence, Amun advances to stand with the others gathered, sneering at the preposterous hunk of metal his cursed brethren insists is Terminator Armor. Casting his gaze back to the current dog they call Lord, "Kayruth, my Lord. You summoned me?"

    Even now, facing him, Amun had difficulty keep his contempt from his voice. This baseless curr has destroyed their once great Chapter. He was an animal, not fit for leadership. An enforcer with no real vision, or skill. Amun already had plans beginning for his eventual removal.
    Last edited by brolthemighty; 2012-06-30 at 04:48 PM.
    Thanks to The Randomizer for the great Eldar Ranger Avatar!!!

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    Following behind the three others, Kor feels annoyed, his current experiments were nearing a critical phase and his presence and guiding hand would be needed, but one must make sacrifices he thinks, even if it is catering to the wishes of his ineffectual leader.

    His eyes lock on to Vitus, the poor conditions of his Terminator Armour invoking feelings of anger, and a irrational need to take it apart and repair it. But its only fleeting and he turns his attention back to their 'illustrious' leader, standing relaxed and immobile, the only movement his Mechadendrite twisting and moving slightly.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Grailkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ireland

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    Your Slanneshi compatriot joins you equally silently.

    Kayruth looks you all up and down. It is impossible to judge what he is thinking.

    My orders come direct from the Despoiler himself. The tides of this crusade will soon change, and with it our fortunes. The honour of that change falls to you.

    Gentlemen our target is a highest priority soldier of the imperium. The vector for deployment will be by drop-pod. When in place you will either execute target priority alpha our summon me to do it for you. The co-ordinates have been provided by our pet turncoat here, who will also accompany you on your mission as a sign of our "Trust" in him. He carries our last remaining teleport homer, keyed to my frequency. As for extraction I have faith in your ability to improvise.


    With this he gestures to the human beside him, who though almost certainly tall by human standards is diminutive compared to the rest of you

    I selected you all personally for this. Don't think I haven't been aware of your history together, or of your more recent devotions.

    A slow smile starts to spread across Kayruths face. He looks nothing if not like a smaller, weaker version of Abaddon himself.

    Gentlemen, your target is none other than the commander of the loyalist fools, ... Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 2012-07-02 at 04:32 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    brolthemighty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    Listening to the orders, Amun realizes that the team has been sentenced to die. That's what this was of course...a suicide mission. Or a fool's errand. Kayruth either wanted them dead, or out of the way.

    A drop-pod insertion on to Cadia itself would suit Amun fine however. Plenty of Imperials there he could bring the Truth to. Plenty of beautifully ignorant minds to rip secrets from. Ideas were already starting to weave throughout his mind, in to a beautiful fabric of deceipts and misdirection. First thing's first however.

    Grinning tightly, he finally responds to their Lord's unspoken challenge. "Castellan Creed. You're seriously suggesting that we go on a "simple" mission to take out Creed?" Amun shifts slightly, his mind wrapping around the possibilities, "Killing Creed is, of course, the simple part. It is no small matter to get to him however. He is a Lord General afterall, not some dirtside Commisar." After weighing a few options, he discards the most obvious, and pusts his trust in the ludicrous, "And this is a job that the Despoiler has set for The Fallen himself? He obviously wants us dead, and you are playing right in to his plans. Lucky for us."

    Shifting once more, he sets his eyes upon the supposed "turncoat," and opens his senses to the Warp...tasting the currents around this unknown. "And just who is this turncoat afterall. Who is he to have coordinates on Creed? And how would he know if Creed is still there?"
    Last edited by brolthemighty; 2012-07-02 at 10:21 PM.
    Thanks to The Randomizer for the great Eldar Ranger Avatar!!!

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ChaoticSky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    In your head!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    Aede had followed the others while humming a hard little tune and caught up in her own delicious internal musings, the nature of which is not wise to dwell upon, if you would keep your lunch where it belongs. Slannesh rarely picks them for their wholesome appetites. The little grin on her face might have been called 'inviting' on a mortal, but any black legionnaire would know full well that it boded ill for anything unfortunate enough to be caught....

    Her grin remained in place as she listened to the mission, and was much more (distressingly) genuine than Amun's, whom she stood beside. "Is that all? Well thats easy then.-" she glanced around at her compatriots, "You hold off the imperials, and I shall kill creed, and return with his head..... your sacrifices will be remembered." she declared solemnly, though her eyes glinted with humour.... it was impossible to tell if she was joking....

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    brolthemighty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    Amun sneers, looking sidelong at Aede, "Thank you dear Sister. The rest of us apparently lack the eloquence that your tongue possesses." Turning to face their pet turncoat, he continues, "Well, if you want to continue with this face, then let us get down to the grit and details." Going over the growing list of items he could use he begins listing them out, counting on his massive gauntlet-ed fingers. "If we are to even attempt this little charade of a mission, it would be good to know what we're working with, and what timeframe we're supposedly going to achieve this monument of achievement. First and foremost....who are you? What assets do you bring to this debacle aside from yourself and your presumed coordinates? Do we have data on anything aside from these coordinates? Planetary, and personnel preferably."
    Thanks to The Randomizer for the great Eldar Ranger Avatar!!!

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Grailkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ireland

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    Bast, you may consider this mission to be suicide. I'll tell you what suicide really is. Suicide is disobeying a direct order from the only Astarte ever to rival a Primarch. Suicide will also very definitely include refusing my order to get in that damn drop pod.

    Kayruth gestures to the turn coat, His name is Sebastian Thor, and he has already been responsible for the deaths of more Cadian High Command than the Battle for Tyrok Fields

    Thor speaks up. I trained under the Alpha legion, when Abaddon was finished with my services I was indentured to your warband.

    Creed travels in top secrecy and top security wherever he is needed most. He is guarded 26 hours a day by his Elite Praetorians. These men were with him since his whiteshield days and function like no human storm troopers you have ever met before.

    I managed to obtain his location for the coming week before I was forced to return to the warmaster. My cover was not blown though it may be of less use with legionnaires at my back. We will drop into the capital, Kasr Primaris, where he will be reviewing the troops at the Dornian Fields as a moral boosting excercise. Watch their moral plummet as their saviour dies in front of them.

    You can then fight your way out via spacefield near the reviewing platform. Your survival then depends on your ability to evade the thunder bolts and mauraders that will almost certainly be providing top cover. They incidentally are the reason we'll be entering via fellclaw instead of by thunderhawk.

    I won't lie, you probably all wont make it back. I certainly dont expect to.


    With this surprising candor the traitor marches over to the drop pod and enters.
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 2012-07-03 at 05:21 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Grailkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ireland

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    You enter the Drop pod. It sways noticebly under the weight of Vitus' tactical dreadnaught armour. Being in such close proximity to a worshipper of nurgle is not a pleasant experience. It's made so much the worse by the pheremones excuding from your Slaaneshi former brother.

    As the doors seal you hear a snatch of Kayruths swearing "sted Imperial interceptors"

    This is immediately followed by a nightmarishly loud explosion, the sound reverberating all around with you in the center. You feel gravity shift and the drop pod falls at an almost ninty degree angle. The familiar heavy feeling of increasing G's that accompanies every successful drop is absent. Instead you feel the pod tumbling end over end through space. Speech is impossible leaving only the possibility of vox messaging. The pod accelerates as it's caught by the planet's gravity well.

    A garbled message from Kayruth chimes over your vox. Much of it is lost to static or is garbled beyond recognition hsssks.rced retrea......Imperi........compl......ission....... . parameters unchanged....... DO NOT......hsssssk...death awaits............ HSSSSK....HSSSK.....Creed....Repeat....Must...comp l...hssssssssssssssss


    At this stage you can hear nothing but the sound of the drop pod falling through the atmosphere, at speeds beyond which even it was designed to travel. There is a sudden hammering noise like Khorne himself smashing you on his brazen anvil. Everything goes black.
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 2012-07-03 at 05:18 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Grailkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ireland

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    You wake up. Not much time has passed since impact. You can tell because the blood on your visor is still wet.

    The doors of the pod have not deployed and you are forced to open them manually by force. Once you do so daylight reveals terrible news both inside and outside the pod.

    The turncoat is dead. A large piece of metal- several feet long and almost a foot wide protrudes through his chest armour, propping him out of his throne to an almost standing angle. He was on the side of the pod that took the brunt of the impact. His once pristine robes are now a sodden scarlet, the impact killed him instantly.

    Outside you can see you are far from anything resembling the Cadian capital. You have landed in mountains over looking a much smaller Cadian Settlement. A pall of smoke lies lazily over the settlement. Its considerable defences have been breached. Most Cadian cities are laid out like a maze, so as to trap invaders. Whoever invaded this city avoided this by simply blasting large pathways across the city, which all meet in the center. It looks almost like a chaos star. You can't see any encampments outside the city but you can hear occaisonal light gunfire.
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 2012-07-03 at 05:16 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The great white north
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    Uzeal kicks his door open and the it flies off. He notices the human....Thor lying dead in a pool of his own blood.
    "Useless mortal, that's why you leave the work to us." He sneers.
    He looks at his helmet's monitors and sees that his armour is intact, and checks the two bolt pistols strapped to his sides. All is fine, along with his chainaxe which he had stored in the drop pod for the launch.
    "Come on brothers....and sister; you heard the message, we've got work to do! He says as the other members of the squad exit the drop pod.

    He removes his helmet and takes a sniff of the air, it the coppery ting of blood and fire can be smelled coming from the city "But it looks like we get to have a little fun before we have to start! he says with a deep laugh before replacing his helmet and looking towards his squad.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    He rises from the wreckage thankful for his rigorously maintained armour, the sight of Thor lying dead gives him a feeling of malcontent, already this mission is turning as expected. He knew the moment he heard of the Target. Creed himself that it was almost a fools errand. As he heard his brother's voice he could only agree, it would be a good decision to head there, perhaps they would find others of their kind, or simply those that would do well to obey them.

    "Perhaps brother, but this mission is off to a fantastic start. I can hardly wait for more fun." his sarcastic demeanour in full swing. With that he moves to take a better look at the Cadian settlement.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception 40+10(Auto-senses)+10(Heightened Senses) = 60 vs (1d100)[3]
    Last edited by Vizzi; 2012-07-03 at 10:33 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Bowerbird's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    With much creaking and groaning, Vitus manages to right himself after a couple of tries, his armour catching on something in the drop pod. He stands up, checks over his weaponry, and his battered armour, making sure all is in place, before looking around and taking in the situation.
    Character "Resume" (Somewhat out of date)

    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.
    Systems GMed:
    Star Wars SAGA, D&D 3.5, WFRP2

    Systems I've Attempted to GM:
    Dark heresy, Exalted, M&M.

    Helping provide Homebrew for lowlevelowl's Desecrated Campaign Setting.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Grailkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ireland

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    Kor
    Spoiler
    Show
    makes out details that tehy'd previously missed. The settlement appears to be about 5-6 miles squared in size. Its about 10 miles away so a few hours travel should get you there without difficulty. the buildings appear to be on average 5 stories tall and are a dull tan colour. At its center where the pathways converge is a large basilica, the largest building in the settlement. The streets appear to be deserted. It seems like any fighting is for the most part over, although nearly every building displays signs of damage and many are ruined. The gunfire does not sound like any kind of sustained battle.
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 2012-07-04 at 01:44 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    brolthemighty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    Amun is the last to step from drop pod, his helmet having been banged against the side of it...knocking his unconcious. Releasing the restraints, he stands and stretches, immediately tasting the Warp around him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Psyniscience: (1d100)[41] vs. TN 43


    Having gotten his initial taste of the Warp around them, he begins to unload his gear and performing the necessary checks. If it was as it seemed, and they were truly on their own, their gear would need to be meticulously maintained. Seeing the rest of the team cast their gaze towards the settlement, he too sees what there is to see.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d100)[24] vs. TN 43


    Realizing they had a trek ahead of them, across fairly unknown terrain, Amun grins. This should be quite interesting. Securing his weapons, he begins to adjust the Cartograph in order to sync it up with the satellites in orbit. He also begins to scan for active vox in the area.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Using both the Cartograph Navigation (Surface) (1d100)[60] vs. TN 60 to get bearings and local information, and using the Comm leech to see if we can pick up chatter from the fighting that was going on.
    Last edited by brolthemighty; 2012-07-04 at 10:55 AM.
    Thanks to The Randomizer for the great Eldar Ranger Avatar!!!

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Grailkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ireland

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    Amun
    Spoiler
    Show
    You notice no particular warp phenomena. You note the warp seems unusually weak for a planet so close to the eye of terror.

    You see the same as Kor sees, although you pick up less of the damage and can't quite make out if there is anyone on the streets. You note that the buildings are an average of 5 stories tall and are the same colour as the surrounding land

    You fail to synch up with any satelllites or to pick up any local information. You do however pick up a weak broadcast coming from somewhere in the city, it keeps repeating Imperial Dogma urging you to overthrow the invaders. It mentions their headquarters defiling the city. It also seems to give troop movements in locations you are unfamiliar with.
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 2012-07-04 at 01:43 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    brolthemighty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    After taking his readings, setting the comm leech to record, and patching it through to his internal vox feed, Amun turns to the group. "It is apparent that for the time being at least, we are on our own. The mission hasn't changed, only the variables. We need to recon that settlement, establish a base, and proceed from there. We have a week before Creed is supposed to be at the coordinates. Let's move out."

    Getting his bearings, he begins the trek towards the settlement at a good clip. Fully aware that one of his Brethren is slowed by their massive armor, he makes wide ranging circles, keeping an eye out for anything of particular use...or signs of the local populace.
    Thanks to The Randomizer for the great Eldar Ranger Avatar!!!

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Grailkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ireland

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    As you get closer to the city the signal gets stronger and stronger. Eventually the preachers stops and prerecorded message plays on repeat "Every four seconds a soldier of the arch enemy dies on Cadia, one..two..three...four .Every four seconds a soldier of the arch enemy dies on Cadia, one... two.. three... four.Every four seconds a soldier of the arch enemy dies on Cadia, one..two..three..four."


    You reach the city's defences and you can see that a hard battle was fought here in the recent past. The bunkers stand empty and all show sign of severe battle damage. Someone has tidied up after the battle, there are no bodies or discarded weapons lying around. The bunkers have been stripped of equipment.

    Pushing on through you enter the city walls. You can see a number of soldiers hiding inside the ruins of buildings.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those of you with auto senses register them as friendlies.
    . They're dressed in drab grey uniforms and appear to have gasmasks welded to their faces.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    brolthemighty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    Walking up the lane to the ruined building, Amun makes no effort to conceal himself. The mere sight of him, and these fools' reactions, would determine whether they were so-called friendlies or not. If they fired on him, they would die.

    As he advances he continues to scan the surrounding area, looking for any form of ambush or trap....or signs of a more significant military presence than an isolated squad of grunts left alone to die.

    Signalling over the vox, Amun gently...suggests....to his accursed Brethren. "Brothers...and Sister dearest, of course, might I suggest we fan out and see what there is to see."
    Thanks to The Randomizer for the great Eldar Ranger Avatar!!!

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Bowerbird's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    Vitus trudges along behind the others, bringing up the rear as always. He looks around at the masked people as he passes, sweeping the sights of his Autocannon over some, in case they proved to be a threat. At Amun's suggestion, he stops to look around, looking around at his comrades and waiting for a consensus to be reached.
    Character "Resume" (Somewhat out of date)

    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.
    Systems GMed:
    Star Wars SAGA, D&D 3.5, WFRP2

    Systems I've Attempted to GM:
    Dark heresy, Exalted, M&M.

    Helping provide Homebrew for lowlevelowl's Desecrated Campaign Setting.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Grailkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ireland

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    The troopers don't open fire. In fact they seem positively relieved to see you. They don't approach however and keep a respectful distance. From what you can see they appear to be an occupying force in the city. Any civilians you see seem to be grudgingly under their control. The troopers are all sticking indoors for the mean time. Their presence is thickest near the city walls and then closer to the basilica.
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 2012-07-06 at 11:39 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    brolthemighty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    Walking up to the soldiers in the bunker, and noting their relief, Amun addresses the squad. "Good, you recognize your betters. Vox ahead to the basilica notifying them of our imminent arrival. Whatever command structure you have still alive had better be ready and waiting upon our arrival."

    Continuing his steadfast pace, Amun begins to ponder his next move. We will have to see what is left of the forces on the ground here, and then decide the best course of action. Obviously a covert operation is out of the question if our presence is noted near the basilica. Let those blinded followers of the Rotting Corpse believe that they are still facing only mortal dogs, and not the Demigods of the Legion. All the better.

    Over the squad's vox, Amun begins to lay out his plans....well, some of them that is. ++Brothers once we assess the strengths, and most likely weaknesses, of this rabble occupying the city, it would be my suggestion that we leave their hospitality upon giving them their new orders. It would be better if we didn't betray our presence on this rock just yet.++ With that in mind, he begins to direct the squad to less traveled, darker, roadways...taking note of his Brother's bulk from the Terminator Armor.

    Amun knew that his plans did not necessarily lay along the same path as his Brethren. That was the way of the Legion. However, each brought their own unique perspective and abilities to the squad, and could be balanced against each other. As long as he stayed one step ahead of them, this would be the beginning of his ambitious climb. If not, he would be the only one to come out alive from this farce of a Mission.
    Last edited by brolthemighty; 2012-07-06 at 12:41 PM.
    Thanks to The Randomizer for the great Eldar Ranger Avatar!!!

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The great white north
    Gender
    Male

    yuk Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    Uzeal walks alongside his squad silently. There were no enemies nearby as far as he knew an he had nothing to add to the others plan to head towards the basilica.
    But soon there will be blood, and that is where he belongs.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    Kor thinks back on his lab, and wonders what the incompetent fools have done to his latest experiment, but he quickly refocuses his attention back towards his current situation.

    As he listens to Amun talk he simply says "Agreed. Although i would say that our presence has already been betrayed." as he thinks back to the message from Kayruth and its implications.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Would it have been possible to have used Tech-Use to try and boost the message from Kayruth? Or just boost my receiver. Just thought of it right now.
    Last edited by Vizzi; 2012-07-07 at 02:18 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Bowerbird's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    The vox fills with the wet, raspy sound of Vitus' breathing, ++They probably.. already know... The drop pod will be traced... Do we really expect... these wretches, who were apparently... more worthy than us... to succeed..?++ his speech interrupted by ragged breathing, a primary reason he speaks only rarely. He gestures with his autocannon at the rank and file as he speaks.
    Character "Resume" (Somewhat out of date)

    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.
    Systems GMed:
    Star Wars SAGA, D&D 3.5, WFRP2

    Systems I've Attempted to GM:
    Dark heresy, Exalted, M&M.

    Helping provide Homebrew for lowlevelowl's Desecrated Campaign Setting.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Grailkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ireland

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    You arrive at the Basillica. One wall, several stories tall, has been blown out by high explosives, but the building still stands.

    Inside you see several more of the enemy troopers carrying equipment and busying themselves. The air is more busy military camp than defiled sanctuary.

    Towards to your left, at what was once the entrance sit several Cadians troopers. They are chained together with the chains hammered into the ground. A number of larger troopers in stolen carapace armour watch over them.

    To your right is the alter. A number of imperial priests have been crucified above the alter. They look like they have been there for a while. Four Large Gene-bred Ogryns carry a palanquin. The ogryns are naked from the waste up apart from large black executioners hoods. On the Palanquin a human baby lies twisting and crying, below a number of humans in blue robes appear to be communing with one another.

    Before them stand three individuals. One is another of the robed humans, wearing slightly more ornate robes. Another is another astarte-. From this distance all you can see is that he wears Iron Warriors colours, but his right shoulder has been painted black as a sign of his allegiance to Abaddon. Between them stands what appears to be a normal human. He wears similar combat fatigues to the others but wears no gasmask. Strangely he appears to be in charge, not the Iron Warrior.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've Pm'd Cahoptic Sky. depending on the result changes may occur.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    brolthemighty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    Walking up, Amun opens his senses to the Warp, casting them about himself. It would not due to be caught by surprise by his....Allies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Psyniscience: (1d100)[34] vs. TN 43 focused on the man that's in charge, but also getting a general feel for the area.


    Already, he has seen several items of interest...and things that could possibly further his own. First and foremost is the mission...as botched as it already was by their Lord's incompetence. Going about that mission however now requires more initiative. Of which Amun was more than happy to provide.

    Boldy walking up to the apparent command squad, he nods towards the Iron Warrior, "Brother, the Ruinous Ones have smiled upon us this day. What news have you?"
    Thanks to The Randomizer for the great Eldar Ranger Avatar!!!

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Grailkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ireland

    Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

    Perhaps more fortiutous than you imagine ... brother.

    Stepping forward the small human begins to speak. You notice that when he opens his mouth he has several rows of pointed teeth inside his mouth like a shark. Despite this his speech is unaffected and his voice is pleasant to listen to.

    Indeed it is brothers. For I have use of you and your arrival was fortold by the warborn.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •