Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...9#post13479439

2040 AD

Giant In The Playgrounds Holo-Forum

The various avatars of people walking around the Holo-Forum of Giant in the Playground range widely from the truely bizzarre, such as Illithids, to the cute, stick figures of Rich Burlew's Order of the Stick. As we speak to eachother, and play various role playing games to pass the time, something bizarre happens. Our bodies disappear from their virtual plug-ins, and we all appear as ourselves in cyber-space. All other avatars and board members are gone, and only we are left. We feel as if something even more unusual is about to occur, and we feel . . . changed somehow.

Armin walks into the area the others are, and he looks around the virtual place, a hollow, empty place without the others. Just as suddenly, we feel the presence of a truely powerful being enter into cyber-space with us. This man appears as a shining humanoid light. "I am Light." The being speaks to us. "I have come to tell you a great truth, none of you are Human any longer. You are all. . . more." Light sighs and goes on to explain, as none of you seem to understand the information he attempts to cram into your minds.

"In this world, you were born Human. However, you have all been born into various worlds as something more than on this world. You have chosen, even as we speak, which of your former selves you wish to draw unto your'self. Some of you may struggle with your new inner nature. Light nods towards Armin. "Some of you may find this to be the greatest adventure of all. Yet the reason you have come to this world into your present forms was so you may draw your selves into being. You have all been Chosen to fight, and find the knowledge needed to save your world, your worlds, and all worlds from eternal suffering at the hands of Unspeakable enemies."

You all understand the truth of your previous incarnations. Armin's eyes show themselves raven black, the rest of you exhibit minor changes, but all of you feel the power.

Light speaks again after you all feel the powers surging through you. "If any of you wish to ask your questions, ask them now."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

At a complete loss of words, Morcleon slowly runs his tongue over his lips. Closing his eyes to focus, his first coherent thought since the announcement appears in his head. "... holy crap." He looks up at the being and lets out a sigh. "So... we're all the reincarnations of various past selves, come to defeat a powerful evil... I don't suppose you've ever played any of the Legend of Zelda games?"

He smirks slightly before his eyes widen in shock. The iris of each darkens into a pitch black before glowing red. Three black comma shapes fade into view on each eye, rotating slowly. They slowly expand outward to form a red six pointed flower with a black three pointed star in the center. Morcleon collapses to one knee and gasps out, staring around him. "I... I can see the lights... What just happened...?"
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-07-01 at 10:22 AM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Light
    "You are exhibiting minor changes in your body and soul, as well as major ones. The outward appearances of such changes will be passing soon, there might be some minor discomfort, but exhibiting actual pain is somewhat unheard of. Are you quite alright?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Light
    The Light nods to Marshal. "An intelligent question". He responds. "The answer is that neural feedback has been fed to your bodies because as of right now, you are literally in cyberspace. You aren't even in your homes anymore. You are literally in the Holo-Net Forums. Do you quite understand what I mean by this? This is no game, this is indeed a real-life situation. What must I do to convince you?"
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2012-07-04 at 05:52 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

"Yeah... I'll be fine." As the last of the pain fades into nothing, Morcleon wonders at the changes to his vision. It apparently gave him the ability to see some sort of energy, emanating from each figure in the room, as well as the ability to discern even the smallest unconscious twitches. ... it's not... it's not the sharingan, is it...?

He turns to Marshall to ask a question, but before he can utter a single word, a cold voice speaks in his mind. "Yes, yes it is the sharingan. Mine, in fact."

"Yeah, it's some sort of eternal mango or something..."

"It's Eternal Mangekyo, you fool! How we are similar is completely beyond me."

"Now, now, boys, break it up. We don't want to scare away the new guy, do we? He's never had anything of this sort before."

"Indeed. Now then, Morcleon, we shall be your guides in this venture. My name is Mitth'raw'nuruodo. You know me better as Grand Admiral Thrawn."

"Thrawn?! That's awesome? Who are the others?"

"The others? Uchiha Sasuke, John Taylor and Karan Sjet. Via your memories, I see that you have heard of them all, so I feel no need to explain them to you. Now, your acquisition of the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan is only the first of your abilities. As our soul become more entwined with yours, you will unlock more abilities, namely, all of ours."

"So I'm getting the full abilities of all of you. Like, with Sasuke's chakra and jutsu, Taylor's Gift and magic, Karan's... ah... What does she have? And what do you have?"

"I am one of the Unbound. I can easily sense hyperspace devices and various magical auras..."

"As for me, you have access to all of my tactical expertise, intelligence, and certainly not insignificant cooking ability."

"... wait, cooking ability?"

"Oh my god, Thrawn actually made a joke? Oh, this is gonna be more fun than I would have thought..."

"Now, you should return to your senses. I believe the entity of light, and indeed everyone in the room, is staring at you oddly."

Snapped from his reverie, Morcleon blinks a few times to get his head clear, and then lets out a deep breath. "Now this... this is going to be one hell of a ride..." He turns to the Light. "I don't suppose there's anything you can tell us about these enemies we're destined to fight?"
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

6. - Top - End - #6

"Oh, I am well aware this isn't a game. If we're gonna be up against something that could kill us, we should get as much information about them as possible. All the better to defeat them with." Morcleon grins as he feels a cool, calming energy flow within him, his senses expanding and his mind sharpen.

Turning to the Light, he poses a second question. "I don't suppose you have any of their art...?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Light
    "Their art, what do you mean? Oh well, "Art" literal art. Yes. . . There is one called Yog-Sothoth. There are many others, such as DarkSeid, and Shuma Gorath. However, the three mentioned are the first three to have punctured into this reality. There is little to no conclusive proof that the three evil beings have made it into this world themselves, but they most assuredly have agents here. You would do well to avoid them, on the other hand, if you ever come into contact with them face to face. The consequences for newly awakened Chosen facing them would assuredly be fatal."

"As for their agents. A few but significant amount of their agents and minions should pose some great threat to you, but you could face them. However, one reason you have been chosen is that my kind is unable to find them directly. You are closely to Mortal Planes than my race, and thus are able to fight them directly. Purge them from this reality in any means necessary, whether peaceful or not, before they bring their Masters to this place."
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2012-07-01 at 11:20 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

Tristan looks around in confusion, wondering what's come over these people. "What are you all talking about? Powers? Intertwined souls? Yog-Sothoth? Mangoes? You've all apparently lost your minds, but I'm not going to fall into the same tra-" His eyes clench shut as a flood of emotions wash over him from the others in the room. Anxious fear, eager anticipation, and relatively minor pangs of annoyance wash over him, threatening to bring him to his knees. Instinctively, Tristan draws strength from the steel of his watch, allowing it to fortify him against his new-found senses. He stares, wide-eyed, at his wrist as a cocky voice fills his head.

"Hell's bells, kid! You should know better than to discount something just because you haven't seen it before!"

"Foolish Alerans. I still do not understand this concept of intentional falsehoods. Why would someone claim to grant great power when they are unable to do so? The truth would shortly come to light, and the deceiver would shortly be defeated by his clan."

"We can't all be as wise as the Marat, Kitai. People will do terrible things for power, or even entertainment, and this kid has the brains to know that."

"Does he have the brains to get off his ass? Makin' us look like damn fools sittin' there with his head in his hands."

Tristan returns to his senses to discover that he's really fallen to the floor, though he doesn't remember it happening. He pushes himself to his feet, looks around at the others, and with a quick shake of the head to clear his thoughts says, "Well, consider me convinced. Either you're telling the truth or I've lost my mind as well. Either way, I'm in."

A small smirk appears on his face as he roles his eyes. "Alerans..."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Light
    "It's good to know you accept this, Tristan." The Light responds. "Alright. One of you has a ship. And, Grand Admiral Thrawn, you know where you can find another. You can enter Sigil, the City of Portals through Cyber-Space connection at any time. Even though your investigation will take place on Earth sometime in the near future, you should start your search for evidence in Sigil. Currently, Sigil's 1,000,000 people have all disappeared, and only new arrivals inhabit the place. There are thousands of people there left, and we only have a few clues in where for you to look. There are many Temples left to the various deities there. It seems the clergymen were not affected as much as the others. The few clues I have managed to pick up is that the Lady of Pain is still in Sigil. This means you can question her directly also, if need be. If you fear for your lives, sanity and comfort, simply mention my name at her presence and she shall be unable to harm you."
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2012-07-02 at 01:04 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

"So, then. We have a lead." Morcleon grins. "Also, how exactly do we connect to Sigil through here? There are transfer codes for different threads and subforums, but what's the code for Sigil?"

He then turns inwards to the four-fold gestalt residing in his mind. "Thrawn? Do you know what ship he's talking about?"

"Not for certain. However, I suspect that it is Miss Karan's Pride of Hiigara. She has informed us that she felt its presence faintly as we made out way to your body. I suspect it is buried somewhere on your planet."

"The Pride of Hiigara? The mothership from Homeworld 2? Now that is an amazing ship..."

"Indeed. I suggest you attempt to find it as soon as possible.

11. - Top - End - #11

Erik

The word's 'This is Nuts' did not even compare to what was now happening. Erik was the first to feel his other 'selves' pipe up, talking. This was too much. Yet he was in the mood to follow what has to be a spike of imagination. Perhaps someone had slipped him a drug. Well to follow the rabbit...

"Well, if nothing else, I must be drugged or something but I'm game to follow the rabbit down it's hole... And I have the wierdist companions, one of whom I'm sure is mad. And admits to being so in tittle."

"Shove it kid, I'm only considered mad cause I play with runes. Sure, age and power and all that, but to innovate, the warp be damned."

"I wish I could say I have been on nuttier missions..... But really?"

"Dwarf, you would do well to tread more lightly around the warp and speak more quietly about it, lest you be cast into it... Besides, Aleandrea want's to speak."

"Seers. I know of Sigil, hell, I was bounced around planes of existence several times myself of my own accord not just my masters. I can try and transport us all now if you would like."

"Without protections, without guiding runes, looks like you are mad bound under demon-spawn-"

"Fey."

"We're surrounded by binary, I'm sure we could make whatever simple images-"

"We could use those...."

"I take that back, I don't party and don't go to them often, someone has definately given me a drug to 'lighten the mood.'"

((Colour to person allocation))
    Spoiler
    Show

Black in Quotation marks: Erik
    Dark Slate Grey in Quotation marks: Master Chief
    Silver in Quotation marks: Alric the Mad
    Yellow/Green in Quotation marks Aleandrea
    Dark Orchid in Quotation marks Eldrad Ulthran

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Light

"The transfer code for Sigil is a powerful and spiritual command from you. All you need to reach Sigil is to command the network to send you there and it will. One more thing, while you are investigating Sigil, you will need to discover and alternate means of reaching Earth once again. Should you be unable to find one after your investigation, you will be provided with one. So those of you who possess ships will need to wait until after your investigations on Earth to soar through the stars."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

William
    The man who used the alias NM020110, silent to this point, now stood, surrounded by an abiding sense of power.

"The fusion of souls is complete, then?"

"Yes, though not the fusion of powers."

"Perhaps if Yukari weren't overloading the system..."

"Well, that was fixed. The Light seems to have removed her to stop a system overload."

"I suppose that it will finish when it finishes."

"Alright. Let's try and get some information then!"

"A question, then. You seemed to indicate that you have information regarding the beings which are invading, and their servants. Could you please elaborate on what we will likely be facing?"

Color allocations
    Spoiler
    Show

Lifemaker: Green
    Captain Aizen: Blue
    Orochimaru: Purple
    Mokou: Crimson
    Last edited by NM020110; 2012-07-16 at 10:27 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Armin

Shinnok:
    "How could it possibly be that this, "Jacob" is our soul-sake. This man possesses no power, no supernatural ability, and yet he somehow is US? What a cruel fate has been bestowed upon us. Never the less, we will show our soul-sake the power we can teach him."

Ganon: "Calm down, I'm sure that unlike Mr. Chivalry over there, (Ganon speaks to Hawke, nodding towards him in Jacob's mind), this new "recruit" has great potential in efficiency and what needs to be done. Think of his weakness and lack of power as a great opportunity, we three have the ability to make him into something great and truely strong."

Mateus: "I agree with Ganon. If this new Powerless is truely one of us, he deserves the respect that we all share with one another. After all, he is literally US, not just some weak, good-natured bastard of a peasant who should be stepped on and crushed. He might not be so strong now, not in the ways of ruthlesness and brute power, but he does have us all to teach him."

Hawke: "By the Maker. All of you are drueling over this man as if he was some kind of a cheap harlot. If he really is of our own soul then he doesn't need to listen to us in order to follow his own heart. He needs to follow his own heart, not some carrot on a string. I highly doubt that he would want to follow your evil ways."

Jacob began to feel his heart darken with a great past evil. He spoke to the others. "We will need to leave for Sigil very soon. I can tell from The Light's presence that he is apprehensive that we get going now." He closed his eyes and squeezed lightly, and then his person vanished from everyone's attention.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2012-07-04 at 02:31 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Raising an eyebrow at Jacob's words, Morcleon nods. "Indeed. We should get going to Sigil. The sooner we can get the information, the better."

He forms a single hand seal, concentrating on the location of Sigil. An instant before the completion of this transfer, Sasuke's voice rings out in his head.

"Wait! That chakra... It's Orochimaru! How could he-"

Morcleon disappears in a puff of smoke, leaving nothing behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belated Voice Color Identification:
    Me! (Morcleon)- Deep Sky Blue
    Uchiha Sasuke- Purple
    John Taylor- Black
    Karan Sjet- Sea Green
    Grand Admiral Thrawn- Royal Blue

16. - Top - End - #16

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Ah, very well then. I suppose that we'll find out when we make contact."

William seems to shatter, in the manner of a pane of glass. The shards evaporate into mere motes of light, then disappear.

"Since our powers seem to be getting combined, and since each of us numbers some form of immortality among your abilities, I'm guessing that we won't die very easily."

"Bah, Kaguya and I killed each other a lot. Death doesn't enter into it."

"I though I felt Sasuke's chakra. He and his brother were the ones that managed to kill me...three times, I think it was?"

"Thanks to Ichigo and his friends, I died...five times, was it? Then that accursed council imprisoned me for the Spirit King knows how long..."

"Well, we're here, it seems. Sigil, the City of Doors. That Light fellow said it was depopulated somehow..."

"There's Sasuke, or at least his reincarnation. Looks like he's improved his eyes again."

17. - Top - End - #17

Erik: "And what did Allice do?"
    Eldrad: "I-"
    Erik: "Don't know, I know, now then."

Then suddenly, through his will, a faint glimmer of runes surrounded the area around Eriks feat, Dwarven runes, there very essence screaming of power.
    Fey power billowed around his arms, curling like serpents, crying to be unleashed.
    Slowly, a vortex or dark sickly light opened above him.

Three different modes of travelling between the planes, all taking a bit of time, activated at his whim.
    The odd thing was, none of these finished, John spoke up, and despite a lack of magic, the transportation he was subjected to so many time happened.

Master Chief:"Enough of this ****."

Three golden rings of just light exploded from Eriks head, midsection, knees, and he was gone, landing in Sigil.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacob
    Jacob appeared in Sigil. He still wasn't used to this whole idea of having three evil incarnate indivuals in his spirit sharing his body, mind, and everything else that was his. He noticed that the others were beginning to arrive, but he continued to have his eyes wander through the land scape. It appeared that they were in the Temple District. There were strange creatures, the Dabus, taking care of the walls throughout Sigil, and maintaining the city. A few of the people throughout the Temple District turn to see the others coming without means of a portal, and their curious eyes stare into them as they appear.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Halfling in the Playground

Tristan
    Spoiler
    Show
    As his companions vanish, poof, shatter, and otherwise teleport to Sigil, Tristan ponders how he is going to do the same.

"I know none of you like to be left behind, but it looks like we're going to be a bit late..."

There's really only one method I can see, but I've never traveled from cyberspace or to Sigil from the Nevernever. Once we get there, I don't know where we'll have to go to get where we're going. Everyone up for an adventure?

"We aren't getting any younger over here so make with the voodoo, magic man."

"Yes wizard, you're making us even more late."

"'A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.'"

With that thought, and with a surge of power, Tristan slashed at the air with his right hand muttering "aparturum". A shimmering hole between the worlds opened below his palm, while a small puff of smoke trails from his watch.

"Oh... I guess I should have seen that coming."

"That's what you get for using digital. We'll have to get you a nice mechanical one later."

He stepped into the portal and appeared in what can only be described as a gargantuan library and museum. To his left, stacks filled with books as far as the eye can see, disappearing into obscurity as they grew higher. To his left, pristine glass cases displaying what, he could only begin to imagine. In front of him, a seemingly endless hallway.

"Well, this doesn't look like it's going to be easy..."

"I always wondered what the internet equivalent in the Nevernever was. I guess it makes sense for it to be filled with infinite data."

"If it's infinite, how are we going to find the way out?"

"Use your senses."

And Tristan became fully aware of the myriad bookshelves in front of him, sensing the metal they were made up of. More importantly, he sensed the lack of them behind him. He turned around, and saw a massive stone archway. Beyond it, the floor disappeared and all he could see was a brightly glowing portal, rotating seemingly at random, suspended in midair. Approaching the archway, he discovered that the enormous spherical room the portal was centered in had archways just like the one he stood in peppering the entire wall.

"Well this... this is new."

"I think we can safely assume that we've found the Way to Sigil. This many gateways connected to a single portal? It could only be one place."

At that point Tristan noticed a large burlap sack leaning against the wall of the arch. It looked incredibly out of place in the modern environment. He walked over to it and cautiously peered inside.

"My staff! And my blasting rod! My duster, my shield bracelet, my force rings. Everything's in here! Even my mother's silver pentacle and my trust old Smith and Wesson."

"And my webshooters! I felt naked without them, and that's saying something considering what I usually wear."

"Materia! Hot damn, I missed you!"

"There's also a pair of swords..."

"It's called a gladius."

"...and what looks to be a collapsible spear."

I don't know if this is a good sign, or a bad one. Something or someone in the Nevernever wanted us to have these things. If I had to guess, I'd place my bets on my faerie godmother (Yes, she exists). Just because she's my godmother doesn't mean she's got my well-being in mind. These items have also been modified to work together. See these holes in my duster and Kitai's swords? I bet Cid's materia will fit in there perfectly.

Gripping the sack, Tristan faces the portal floating in the center of the room. Without a second thought he steps into open air. He falls... not straight down, but as he passes the threshold of the archway he feels pulled towards the portal. As he grows nearer, it rotates of its own power to face him. He squints as the light grows brighter and brighter, until his eyes are clenched shut.

When he finally opens them again, he is standing in Sigil.

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess you could use a voice-color chart for me as well:
    Tristan - Black
    Harry Dresden -DarkRed
    Gaius Kitai - Magenta
    Cid Highwind - Teal
    Spiderman - Blue
    Last edited by mkfuba07; 2012-07-04 at 02:58 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Lady Of Pain
    Strange, floating Humanoids eerily make their way towards Tristan and Jacob. Usually the Dabus would only speak in strange riddles, with magic being required in order to make contact with them intelligible. The Dabus reached out his hands as if in greeting. "We are the Dabus, and we have come to you to give warning. You must use the name of The Light for protetciton. Our Lady of Sigil is coming in order speak with you now. Be on your best manners, or she may have you all flayed. Remember, the name of The Light is will ward you from her anger."

An eery woman appears in a purple flash of energy, glaring at the arrivals with fierce eyes. "This place has been imbalanced, and you come here with great evil and power among you. I can feel something strange in your spirits. . . I demand answers! Why have you come to Sigil!? None have managed to break through my senses, even for a moment, except you. My eyes close and open, only for me to find you have entered the City without my notice, if only for an insignificant moment. Have you come in the hopes of escaping my notice? What are you up to?"

21. - Top - End - #21

For some reason, Erik let Aleandrea control his body, some sense that it was the right thing to do.... He thought that that might be John and Eldrad acting, but he did it anyway.

He/She rose one hand, marking off points with his/her fingers and he/she spoke, his/her voice strangely a mingle of his normal and Aleandreas light but undercut tones.

"1, We came here because we were told by some being called "The Light", 2, We didn't seek to come here quietly, we just came, and 3. Well, I barely have any idea what we're supposed to be doing, but that apparently some sort of enemy is coming, and we have been chosen to fight them."

Some part of his mind was beginning to regret the decision...
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Lady Of Pain
    "OH, The Light sent you? I suppose Azeroth is in trouble perhaps? No matter. If you are within the Light, I suppose you should know that there are strange places in the City that are no longer possible for me to enter. This perplexes me most deeply, not even Aosker could deny me the right to enter into areas of my own domain."

She looks angry once more, her face, surrounded by blades sticking outward from her. "There is an ancient abandoned Temple of Tharizdun in this place, I may not be able to enter into it any longer but I can open it for lesser creatures. Yet before you enter into Tharizdun's former abode, I must suggest you speak with the inhabitants in this Temple District. The gods of that place have informed me of strange occurnences before and during the vanishings. "

She looks amused for just a moment. "You should learn of your true enemies a little more after you have spoken with the preists. Oh, and I have one more thing to say. If you should wish a dominion here in Sigil, I shall be happy to oblige. Some of you have important property here I have kept for safe keeping."

23. - Top - End - #23

"Wait.. What?"

Then his mind starts going off.
    'Good, I've been feeling naked.'
    'Could use my tools...'
    'You would trust this warp-spawn?'
    'Yes. However to say how she is acting is unusual would be an outright lie in how much it is an understatement.... However I prefer this one... Perhaps I could gather some of my relics...'
    Then he spoke.

"It would be good to have a place for safe keeping...... B-... Perhaps we should see what you have for us before we talk to the preists, that way we know how we can talk."

Aleandrea pipped up in his mind.
    'You really are a clueless aren't you? I haven't been here for a long time during my long life, but still.... These preists range from power of an ant to a god themselves.... Only the Lady of Pain can keep this mess civil, and if she is..... yeah....'
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

24. - Top - End - #24

Perking up at the mention of "important property", Morcleon smiles at the Lady. "Ah, thank you, Pain-sama. A headquarters here would be most appreciated. Although I believe it would be best if we obtained our belongings first. You never know what may happen, and I feel it would be prudent if we were to equip ourselves first."

"... I never knew you were so long winded..."

"Or that you were in a habit of using honorifics."

"... I blame you two for the influence."

"He's right, though, in both ways. It would be best if we can get our equipment back... and we all have... made our marks on him."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Equipment
    "Ah, well then, the Dabus will provide you with a map for your headquarters. With that, I must bid you farewell. All of your belongings are inside, and the place isn't far from here. Indeed, after you are done with your investigations here, you may leave and enter Sigil at will from any location. Now, goodbye."

Jacob
    "Well then, I suggest we go to headquarters first. We will need to retrieve all of our weapons and stuff there."

26. - Top - End - #26

It was an interesting place, there head quarters.
    And there storage room, a largish warehouse, was even more so, with an assortment of the weirdest things, ranging from almost stone-age to far future.

Erik's pile seemed smallest, a simple bag, and well, the thing that didn't make it so small.

A full set of power armour.

"We have a spare hour. I want to be clothed."
    "Is that. Yes, a bag of holding! This will be good."

"I'm sorry guy's, but I got two girls inside me, one just went a little goey, and one of the guys want's to get clothed. You have just lost me for an hour. Thank god all the servo's are there..."
    The armour, looked magnificent, its dark green standing out on the light brown walls, the darkened visor showing not even the slightest crack, there was no dust. Erik would be busy for a while....
    Show

Life is Hectic.

27. - Top - End - #27

WolfInSheepsClothing

Finally finishing the mental argument with the newly integrated souls, William heard only the last words of the conversation.

"I still say that I should be the one controlling. With this much energy, there's little that wouldn't be possible."

"Any of us could. But..."

'As I said before, if anyone tries for dominance, they will be opposed by me, and the others will support me. The best you can hope for is a temporary arrangement during combat, at least until we can figure out how to start combining power sets.'

"Fine by me."

'Thank you.'

"You said something about equi...oh, already gone, I see. Thank you for your help.
    I agree that we should probably head to the safehouse, first. At the very least, we'll be able to check it for traps before relying on it against an enemy."

'What kind of equipment would you have, by the way?'

"Eh, I'm not much for equipment."

"I should still be able to manifest my blade here, though I'll need an appropriate katana to do so with."

"As much as I hate to say it, I'm with Mokou in this regard.

"I suppose that I'm a bit different in this regard. I still possess the Blade of Kusanagi, and there should be a belt of some sort with the rest of my equipment in it."

Having been sidetracked into another conversation with his other selves, William realized that the others had left already.

Stepping into the warehouse, William saw Erik busily donning his armor. Looking around for his own stash of equipment, William soon finds a well-made katana, equipped for some reason with a hexagonal guard, resting atop a purple rope. Some manner of paper hangs from it.

"That's strange. This does indeed look like my belt, but that was certainly not a shimenawa before."

'It will do, though. Is the equipment still sealed inside?'

"Yes. Several thousand throwing knives, paper seals, smoke pellets, a summoning seal, and some other items are sealed inside."

With that, William tied the shimenawa on, forming a large bow at the back. The shide hung down almost to his feat, and he could feel the equipment be made ready for rapid unsealing and use. Once the sword was secured in the new belt, William was effectively fully equipped.

"Well, I suppose that I'll start checking the rest of the area for any potential traps, pitfalls, or other potential problems."

Spoiler
    Show

To keep my speech to the other souls and my speech to other people distinguishable, I am notating it as follows:

'I am speaking to the other souls.'
    "I am speaking to other characters."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacob
    Jacob arrived in a strange Temple like area of the Headquarters. It appeared in that area, that there was an excessively dark atmosphere present throughout the entire section devoted towards Shinnok. Black robed men were seen in meditative trances, which broke as soon as Shinnok arrived with the body of Jacob. The Shadow Preists bowed before him. "Long have we awaited the arrival of our Master, Shinnok." They said ominously. "We have kept the Kamidogu and Staff for your glorious safe-keeping. As we understand, your incarnation of Hawke, may have the useful ability to use the Kamidogu as a Mage's staff. In addition, the Amulet of Kamidogu is also in our possession, although outside the Realms, the Amulet is no longer a tool of omnipotent power." Shinnok smirked.

Hopefully we should return to the Realms soon. However, for now we have been Chosen by the loathsome "Light", to preserve the lives of ourselves and the mortal insects of this multiverse." Shinnok paused for a moment. "Brotherhood of Shadow, you are to leave the confines of this Temple and help to guard the Headquarters of my allies." The eldest Brother nodded. "Yes, Lord Shinnok."

Jacob felt a tinge in his spirit, as all four seemed to instinctively felt reality warp into it'self. "There will be newcomers arriving at this place to protect it. In this place, many will come to protect the universe and everything from further disruption."

29. - Top - End - #29

Stepping through the large double doors into the warehouse, Morcleon looks around appreciatively. It takes some time, but he finally manages to locate a small pile containing the equipment from his past lives. "Ah, here we are..."

"Hey, it's my coat! Wonderful. I hope they didn't take out anything..."

"Nope. The Portable Timeslip and the various magic items are still right where they should be. They even restocked your pepper."

"Ah, there's my Kusanagi... and my shuriken seals. I don't see any shuriken laying around, so I would assume that they are already sealed."

"The seals are fully loaded with pretty much everything you had. And the blade is in perfect condition."

"I don't think I had anything of... oh? What's this? A charric... I haven't seen one of those since my exile from the Ascendancy."

"Ah, nice. We get some backup weaponry too."

Donning the white trench coat, Morcleon slips the gun into its holster and fastens the utility belt around his waist. The chokutō is placed at an angle through the back of the belt, easily drawn at the first sign of trouble. He grins, stretching out his limbs and getting used to the feel of his new gear.

He turns to check on the others, seeing them being similarly equipped from their past lives. Taking a step towards them, he freezes as a cold feminine voice, far different from the normal warmth and care it usually has, sounds urgently in his head.

"Alert. We are detecting an unknown entry into this reality. Prepare for contact..."
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-07-05 at 10:26 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Allies:
    UNSC troops arrive in hundreds to scout the area, eventually, the Headquarters and Temple District is discovered. The previous group couldn't have known, but The Lady of Pain had been contacted by The Light to take in the larger groups, namely the UNSC and others. Apparently, The Lady had decided to accomodate a wide variety of interplanar citizens to repopulate the city, for some unknown reason. Regardless of why, there were now a few hundred UNSC stationed at our headquarters. The Shadow Preists were a little nervous and ready to strike.

Then Intruders:

The real trouble began a few minutes later. The UNSC, and others unknown to the group assembled, was suddenly fired upon by unknown sources. Something must have been keeping The Lady of Pain in check, or distracting her, or something, because suddenly all Hell had broken loose. Within one of the countless portals of Sigil, a stream of heavy fire poured into UNSC troops. . . and out stepped a rival, formidable indeed. . .

(The Enemy Is . . .)
    Spoiler
    Show

By iamnew at 2012-07-05
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2012-07-05 at 10:49 PM.