New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

Long before the door opened, Kate had reservations about the door. There was more ambient blue around than she liked, and some very odd signals that were difficult to attribute simply to their being in Sigil. Moments before the door opened, her instincts screamed at her to MOVE.

And then Excalibur was in her hand, the door flew open, and a pit fiend was barreling at her - only to be slammed into the wall by Invisible Air's ("See? It is useful!" 'Point proven.') release. Kate grinned slightly. "I don't even have to feel bad about killing you!" She readjusted her grip after the wind blast and lunged.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Ah, our first encounter in the temple... wonderful." Morcleon sighed.

"Well, if someone's sending these things at you, at least it means you're on the right track."

"Indeed. The very presence of a defensive force indicates that there is something, or someone, here that our enemy does not want found."

"Yes, but it also means there are things after me, which is something with which I will not put up!"

"For every spirit is a proper place in hell. And today, we shall be your deliverers!" Drawing his blade in one swift motion, he launched forward at the group of fiends, an azure haze of lightning covering the chokutō in his hand. His sharingan spun wildly as he ducked under a number of claws seeking his body. The quickly rising sound of a thousand birds could be heard as his sword flashed amongst the devils.

As his combo was finished on one creature, Morcleon lands, deliberately letting one of the attacking limbs come very close to his body. A large field of crackling electricity burst from him, arcing up the fiend's arm and disrupting it's muscles and nerves. Chidori Nagashi!
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Halfling in the Playground

"I guess you're mine, then," Tristan thought as the sixth Pit Fiend charged towards him. He quickly formulated a plan, getting confirmation from the others that they understood their parts.

After four mental nods, he knelt to the ground, placed his hands flat on the ground, and bowed his head. As the Pit Fiend was almost upon him, three things happened almost simultaneously.

First, Tristan's arms came up, tapped his webshooters twice, and aimed directly at the Pit Fiend's eyes.

Second, the earth furies stirred, and a small ledge rose immediately before the Fiend's feet.

Finally, he leaped into the air, careful to avoid the Fiend's blind strikes. As he passed over the Fiend he revolved, facing his adversary's back. He finished with a swift kick, with both legs, right between its shoulder blades.

Tristan landed in time to see his enemy pitch forward into the ground, hands clawing at his eyes. He didn't stop when he reached it. His upper body, up to his waist, sank into a quagmire of liquified stone.

"Fuego!" Tristan barked, pointing his staff at the inverted foe. A wave of fire roared towards comically flailing legs. The watery stone sloshed as the surrounding stone contracted and the wave washed over it. While the inferno had little effect on the Fiend itself, the water in his impromptu swimming pool evaporated. As the blaze subsided, he was encased in an earthen shell almost as hard as diamond, though much less beautiful.

As the legs appeared to stop flailing, Tristan turned to see how the other battles were unfolding. "hehe, now he really is a pit fiend."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Pit Fiend Tristan encased in an earthen shell shattered his make shift prison. However he was the only fiend left, suddenly however, a swarm of eight others came pouring out of the gate. Fire balls came pouring out of the gate as the eight pit fiends came swarming at the Personae. They would hit the ground and explode in a radius of twenty feet circles, clearly injuring or burning the Personae. Usually this would be too much to bear but the combination of powerful Souls within the Personae allowed them to bare pain beyond that of any Human. Some Personae, may have been immune or resistant to the fire, however.

Jacob noticed that as Ganon, the fireballs had no effect on him. With his Kamidogu staff, Jacob fired a blast of pale white energy at one of the Pit Fiends, causing it to slump to the ground, bleeding profusely as it now had a huge, gaping hole within it. Jake simply forced Shinnok's staff into the Pit Fiend's massive wound, and charged, causing it to explode in a shower of diabolic gore. He further turned and fired another energy shot at another Pit Fiend.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

To say Floyd was having a “Weird” Day would even be putting into words how crazy things we’re getting for him.

He’d woken up late as usual, having passed out while watching a movie at 4 in the morning. Maybe it was good to start sleeping earlier, then again that was pretty boring. After eating breakfast, and just messing around he decided to log onto A Giant in the playground forums. However this is when things got very..trippy, and nothing like what he’d experienced before. When he was on the forum Digimon suddenly became a reality as he became digitlized, and not only that four of his previous “Reincarnations” had been integrated into himself.

That meant one thing, he could no longer deny reincarnation, it was real. The Light or whatever wanted him and others to fight some horrendous threat to the universe, and the investigation would start in some place called Sigil. Apparently there population 1,000,000 in total had vanished into thin air not exactly something that made him eager to begin his investigation. This whole thing was insane, only one thing was keeping him happy the integration of abilities from 4 of his favorite characters naturally all villains except one.

“You’re my reincarnation? ?So that means you now possesse the powers of the genie as well, luckily you’re not trapped in some lamp like me. And there’s no street rats to interefere with us achieving ultimate control over the world!

Right, all these maniacs in here, we need to be ready for anything, we have the power of the universe in hands, and we need to use it to defend the world don’t listen to these mad men.

BUU SAYS do what Buu want! Do you what you want! These people are not useful for anything except in my stomach!!! Chocolate Chocolate!!!” Buu roared, of course it had to be Super Buu but hey was my favorite anyway.

Onslaught was the quitest.” I have nothing to say, defending mortals, defending anyone they all dserve to be destroyed! Devoured!” Buu cheered at that last part, Kyle sighed, and JAfar shook his head obviously wanting to rule. So there was a conqueror, superhero, foodaholic with more power then Goku, and a destroyer.

“This is fu….this is insane..” I had no words for this, as I felt dizziness, but the feeling faded as their powers we’re being integrated into my own. I was now more concerned about the change of scenery Sigil, he was sent to some temple filled with equipment. Of course none of ohis “past” Selves had anything of importance or did they. Kyle’s ring, I picked it up and slipped it on my finger feeling energy coursing through my veins, before I felt Kyle’s few energy. Of course I wasn’t ready for that, but this was still incredible.

He arrived at the warehouse, apparently some bottle had taken place, according to the UNSC troops, then he overheard others talking suffering like he was from 4 previous incarnations within him. As he approached them, he was along with them sent to some temple. More confusing so he’d escaped the first battle against star troops, only to be pit against demons this was just great. I Began to feel the energy signals of those around me, one of Buu’s abilities no doubt.

“This insane..this is, ugh fine this is cray, but I’m not even gonna argue I got super powers.” I saw Morceleon fighting and just chuckled, Sasuke Uchia? Now this was going to be more fun then he thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG8YdwCVZSc

“Alright let’s go pit fiends!!!!! “I stretched out my hands, and legs as an invisible but faint power began to surge around me. This was just the beginning as the aura took on a pinkish hue, and my skin briefly took on shades of pink, from black to pink interesting. I could only imagine what sort of racist jokes my friends would come up for that, as the more I gathered power the ground beneath me began to shake. “BUU WANTS YOU DEAD SO DIE!!!!!!” The power began to surge even more, the ground beneath my feet tearing apart, as if some massive earth quake was starting.

I began to gather pink ki in my hand, while opening my moth roaring I fired three blasts two from my hands, and one from my mouth tearing through one of the pit fiends who dared to attack Floyd despite his display of power, it seemed Buu was the most aggressive of my previous four personalities. “ALRIGHT!!” With a nod, I flew forward body slamming into a pit fiend, then raising my arm into air extending it in length before raining down a hail storm of ki blasts on me and the fiend I’d just slammed into.
    Last edited by chulance; 2012-07-14 at 12:38 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Oh for the love of-" Conor is cut off as the fireballs engulf the area in embers, including him. The fireballs of the devils last longer than normal flame, flickering and roiling long after normal flame would have simmered down. He buries his face in his hands, but still sustain some burns from the fireballs, in addition to the massive impact damage from the force of the beast. He tries to get up, and manages to get onto one knee. And then up onto both feet, staggering. He sees the others, wheeling about, killing multiple Pit Fiends, and then the other Pit Fiends roaring out of the building.

"What, no. Those can't be real. There is no way." He tries to stand up straight, before a pain in his ribs forces him into a stoop again. He just observes for a bit, trying to regain his breath.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

7. - Top - End - #97

Erik Curses as he sees more fiends coming through.
    'To think. one of those would be the one I just returned to hell.'

His shields however are holding strong, the power of the amulate empowering his shields, with the fireballs that touch him being just blasts of hot wind, his sheilds barely noticing any that aren't direct hits.

'Fall back and draw my stave, I shall deal with them.'

Slowly the Spartan fell back, dancing out of reach of the fiends claws, and then towards one fiend, something only psychics could see occurred.

Psychic energy billowed around Erik's head and around the staves tip, the energy from the stave flowed into his head, and then, guided by the power of The Seer of Ulthwe, Eldrad, The Psychic power thundered into a demon with enough force that it's mind should be immediately emptied.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two uses of mindwar on a demon. The Demon's mind could take anything from no damage to emptying and the demon becoming lifeless.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, first things first, A few things might happen that differ slightly from the given posts, especially any second posts you may have made. Hopefully I can keep this to an absolute minimum. Is that cool? Here we go...

The Fiends underestimated the speed with which 5 gestalt souls were able to react. What was supposed to be a strike was stymied almost immediately by a charge against them. The mass of flesh and bone shaped like a human leaped at them fastest, kicking one but swirling out of reach and onto a wall before they could realize they weren't the ones attacking. It proceeded to slash and slice with a whip made of its own flesh. Their skin flayed and muscles ripped, but any damage done seemed to toughen over instantly, and from the scars layered over their bodies, ZEUS could see that they had taken abuse like this dozens, perhaps hundreds of times before. He needed a different tactic.

As he kept a few of the Fiends busy trying to snatch him from the wall, someone in advanced armor plowed into one, sending it someplace unknown with a crack and a wisp of smoke. Another person swung in around the soldier, lightning arcing from his body as he swirled and dodged away from claws by the skin of his teeth. When he was in the place he desired, he seemed to falter, allowing one of the Fiends (no longer worried about Zeus, who was momentarily out of reach), to grasp him with its meaty claw. The key word was seemed. In reality, as soon as it touched him, a huge amount of Watts coursed through its body. Its muscles twitched and its head was thrown back in an involuntary roar of pain. Morcleon however, had hoped that his lightning would be coursing through an open hand, not one closed around him. For now, he was trapped.

The three other Fiends had three targets. Perfect. Each fiend tried for a different champion, with rather similar results. The one that tried to engage the girl, Kate, found itself slammed against the wall and then charged with a sword. Kate's stroke was true, and the fiend was pinned against the wall, howling in agony but still unrecovered from the wind. The weapon had some strange property that allowed it to truly damage the demon, blackish green blood and white ichor spilling out of the wound into the surroundings, yet not mixing together. The second was stopped not by an attack, which it would have resisted, or defenses, which it could have ripped through, but by trickery. Trickery and spellcraft laid it to rest in the earth, trapped by the oppressive scent of the cobblestone. And the last one was struck down in a duel by a sword enchanted by white fire, wounding its opponent in the process.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, those are sort of a summary of the first posts everyone made, woven together into a cohesive narrative. A few specific notes:

Morcleon Erik (I'm dumb), your spell sent it to hell, but unfortunately, it's in Lawful Evil hell, which means everyone is chums, and it got sent right back. If it was a "Demon" and not a "Devil" (huge distinction, I know), it would have been sent to Chaotic Evil hell, where it would have been ripped to shreds and fed to Cerberus.

Akaineko, your stab wasn't a killshot, but the Pit Fiend is now pinned to the wall by the sword. You would have to release it in order to use Excalibur again, or you can leave it and let the Fiend bleed to death.

mkfuba07, nice pun. Also, clever strategy. Congrats.

To anyone watching at this time of night/day, Part deux coming in just a little bit.
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-07-15 at 12:15 PM.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

OOC: The reason Necron hasn't done much is because I would have been in shock, and shut down. The others have stepped up to basically fully possess Necron. It's how I act, I take everything in stride until I can shut down and work through everything, which due to the others i can do almost immediately.

Mercer in Necrons body blinks at the lack of effect and aims the wand he had been given, fully intending to blow it away. Only for nothing to happen.
    "Hmm I guess the magic didn't cross over into other magics." Potter comments as ZEUS sprints straight up the wall ignoring gravity and propels as far up as he can before looking down, taking aim at a free monster and falls, very very fast straight towards it.
    Slamming into something at terminal velocity would damage just about anything, Fiends unexcepted as the piledriver weighing twice as much as a regular human (he absorbed the Trooper remember) cracks the ground in a shockwave just from the transferred kinetic force from ZEUS to the Fiend to the ground.

Using the Devil as a springboard he double-flipped forwards, entire posture shifting as the virus relinquished control to the trained assassin (Lovett)
    grabbing one of their claws he twists roughly, snapping the bone into an unnatural angle and sending the claw at it's owner's eyes.

Should anything attempt to attack Lovett he will move almost too fast for human possibility right out of the line of attack, conserving energy and only being a hairs breadth from the attack before locking eyes with the attacker and sending a brute-force Legilemency attack from Potter in an attempt to shatter it's concentration.
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacob
    Jacob noticed that Shinnok's Staff by it's own would not have fired energy attacks in the Mortal Kombat verse. It took Hawke's own expertise with staves in order to bring the magic out. It impressed Jake that the level of power his small group of insane sorcerers possessed was strong enough to harm and kill even Pit Fiends. Jacob fired off the eldritch bolts of power from Shinnok's staff at any Pit Fiend that threatened the others. However Jacob stayed in the back. He was currently far away from any threat, although Pit Fiends could use magical attacks, such as meteor swarms and fireballs, or raise the dead to attack. Jacob wondered if he should stop using the Staff and just resort to powerful spells next.

11. - Top - End - #101

WolfInSheepsClothing

William limps onto the battlefield, using a sword as a walking stick, well behind everyone else.

'Blast it, Orochimaru, these legs are only supposed to jump six feet, not thirty!'

'Bah, that's your fault for being such a weakling.'

'Just because I expected to live my life as a programmer makes me weak, now?'

'You know, there look to be some creatures attacking your allies. Perhaps we should be helping?'

'I've finished with the first round of integration. It's Aizen's turn now.

Also, brace for a shock. The last thing to go through was my immortality technique.
    '

"Does anyone need he-"

William's offer for aid is cut short by horrid choking noises, as he stumbles and retches, snakes pouring from his mouth.

'Orochimaru, what have your done!? What is happening to my body, here?'

The snakes swiftly multiply, and swords begin to appear from their mouths as they approaches the Pit Fiends in the form of an immense wave of snakes.
    Last edited by NM020110; 2012-07-15 at 12:43 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I fell asleep while writing part 2! Sorry about that, but I'm here now.

Surprise is often said to be better than strength, and it certainly seemed to be in this instance. One devil dead, another trapped in the earth, one pinned to a wall, another who knows where, and one of the last two electrocuted? It seemed perfect. Until 8 more did a proper bum-rush, sending Fireballs through the gates ahead of them to blanket the area and prevent counter charges. At least in theory. Jacob, who had kind of missed out on the lightning-fast first attack, now pushed aside the flames and blasted a fiend in the stomach, shoving a long staff into the wound before it could "toughen" and then sending power coursing through it, destroying the demon's flesh. He then skips backwards, over near where Conor is recovering, blasting magic at the other devils.

Erik, wearing full-body armor, is rather unperturbed by the flames, since they carry no shockwave along with them. Instead, he reaches out to the raging devils and attempts to silence their minds. The minds are very, very different from a normal person's. and it was hard, but he caused one of them to slump over, a vegetable. He grins inside his helmet briefly, before he picks up a tiny amount of psychic feedback. Opening his mind to allow power to flow through it also afforded him a glimpse at the mind he had just wiped. If anyone could see him under his polarized visor, they would have seen his skin turn very, very pale. His eyes widened. No mortal should ever know the kinds of things that go on in Hell. He was thus a little unprepared for another Pit Fiend to barrel into him, both of them crashing to the ground in a tussle.

Necron aims the Wand of White Science at the demons from atop the wall, but is unable to fire it. He tosses it backwards, in the approximate direction of that kid who didn't like killing. Just as 2 more devils circle around the other side of the wall to harry him down, he jumps off, kicking one in the face to land solidly on the ground. He lets them approach a little ways, before running up the wall, zig-zagging to avoid the claws that cut through stone like it was butter. His momentum carries him up to the top of the wall, where he braces powerful legs and slams into a demon, newly armored head first. The devil hits the ground with a nasty crunch. Necron has broken something. And then, ripping the fiends claw off, he finds one of the only weapons that can damage them fully. He rips its head off and turns to the other three, that have surrounded him. While the other souls within him continue their various assistances, ZEUS just grins, ferally. This is gonna be good.

Tristan looks back and forth from the demon he trapped and the others beginning to rush around. He doesn't want to let his eye off the one in the stone, but the others really are more of a threat... When he looks back at the one he took down for the 7th or 8th time, it is gone. Just, dissolved. He looks around, first left, then right. He drops into an alert crouch, every voice in his mind pushing the extreme danger button as hard as they could. What spidey sense didn't let him react to in time though, was the massive invisible fist that hit him just under the ribs, throwing him 50 feet backwards, to roll heels over head before landing, apparently relatively unharmed.

Kate still has her hands on the hilt of Excalibur. The demon trapped by it is looking at her very nastily, but two more are approaching in their way, which was lightning fast. She needed to make a decision, to fight two demons without her sword, or three with it. Okay, two and a half with it, really. This thing on the wall looked almost dead.

As soon as he saw the other Pit Fiends coming around, Morcleon released his lightning, ensuring to provide enough energy to kill it for good. Without the muscles contracting, he could just push the hand aside to step out. He felt pretty cool, until he turned around and saw 2 Pit Fiends, razor-talons out, grinning a smile-less grin, one of them preparing some kind of spell that involved 4 orbs of stone. Uh oh.

Spoiler
    Show
    Holy crap guys, I just hit the post size limit...
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-07-15 at 12:53 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Meanwhile, Floyd is receiving his briefing from the Light. He is having a special portal opened for him that will take him exactly where he needs to be, but he is warned that it is somewhat temporally and spatially and actually quite probably mentally unstable. Okaaaay... He steps through it. His mind is filled with haze. He sees a group of adventurers, and walks over to them, but they seem to ignore him. For some reason everything is in black-and-white, with little artifacts flickering around at the edges of his vision. The adventurers spoke to each other, (but not him), and then walked up to some gates... And then, demons! Eager to join the fight, he starts throwing pink energy, to help the others. But somehow, they seem not to notice. His energy blasts have no effect. The demons don't even look at him! What is going on??? And then he finishes stepping through the portal, in the exact location where he was standing moments before. But now, everything is in color, with his normal vision. He can also smell, now, the smell of charred bodies and flame and a hint of what could only be described as magic. He is a little bit confused as to what just happened.

Meanwhile, the wave of snakes gets closer to the demons, they and the Personae alike thinking it was some new threat...

14. - Top - End - #104
    Halfling in the Playground

Tristan groaned. The world swam before his eyes, and he felt his head rotating with it. His eyes blinked lazily, attempting to be aware, but struggling to stay open.

"My duster was able to diffuse most of the force, but we may have a broken rib."

"Quick thinking on the shield, Wiz. Concentric, spherical, porous shields to spread out the force of our tumble. Like the bumper of a car. Meant to be crushed, but just enough to make the impact survivable."

"I had to do the same thing when I blasted myself to the top of an elevator shaft without thinking about how I would survive the fall. Who says I never learn?"

"Guys, I think we need to get this healed quickly. That thing's still out there, and more have appeared."

"Been on it since you took the hit, boss."

"Bones and muscles are easy. Concussions are a bit more challenging. This could take a while, especially without water."

"Alright, it's time for some evasive maneuvers. Harry and Spidey, take care of movement. Cid and Kitai focus on healing, but stay alert. The others may need your help at any time. First, we find out where the Invisifiend is."

He reestablished his concentric shields, making them thinner than they had been before, with more open space between each shield. Six shields in total, covering a thirty foot radius around him. And then he waited.

For a while, nothing happened. He was beginning to think that the demon had moved on to someone else. In any case, the delay was giving him time to heal his injuries. He could keep his eyes open without effort, and the world's movement had slowed to a slight wobble. Kitai and Cid worked fast.

Suddenly, the second outermost shield fractured, somewhere to his right, and Tristan understood why it took the Invisifiend so long to move. It had been trapped. As he turned toward the breach, the third outermost shield was fractured a moment later, so Tristan knew that his foe was charging towards him. Fourth, more certain of the demon's location. Fifth, almost positive. Sixth, now or never.

He lashed out with his webshooters, spreading a broad web of, well, webbing through the air in front of him. It was definitely not enough to halt the foe's movements entirely, if at all, but now Tristan had one thing he hadn't had before - sight of the Inivisifiend. His top half is the important part, right?

He threw himself sideways as the fiend's arm sped towards him, intent on a slightly more incapacitating blow than the previous one. As he dove, he mentally prepared himself for part three of their vicious duet.

15. - Top - End - #105

Spoiler
    Show
    ((There is a post size limit, Holy crap! Oh, and yes I know there is a huge difference between devils and demons, I also stress it.

Eldar Farseer's ablity to 'Anhialate' minds normally allows no feedback, but considering she is without her runes it is entirely appropriate.))

Erik had nothing to prepare him for demons, however each of his other souls had slight advantages to speed their recovery.
    John had seen all the horrors of war and participated, he was the last spartan with the Hyper-Lethal rating for a reason, and he was trained to keep cool.
    Alric was a dwarven soul, naturally immune to the predations of the warp, resistant to magic and the powers of the mind.
    Aleandrea used to deal with fey, demons and other things on a nigh daily basis, with a god-like patron fey in her head before her pact was resolved.
    Eldrad was THE eldar psycher, trained well beyond and skilled well beyond even the most tightly bound psycher to resist mental influence and drive out demons.
    And so, when the devil charged, controll was regained.

The staff couldn't moved far enough to impale the devil, so he let it fall a little moving his hands. The Devil struck him with force greater than a charging brute, and even with the magical enhancement of dwarven runes, his shields flared and almost died on impact with the devil and then the ground, they couldn't take much more. But to say Erik was reinforced physically was an understatement.
    He was almost as tough as a tank.
    And could flip heavy tanks two handed with ease.

His hands, spread a little, pushed the devil away but a little, enough to move his hands, then darting up in a blur of motion, he claps his hands around the devils head with all the force he could muster.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Don't think there is godmodding here beyond being able to move his hands which should be fine, your turn...))
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

16. - Top - End - #106

In the grasp of the fiend, Morcleon could do nothing but watch the fire and flames draw closer. He closed his eyes, concentrating. "John Taylor. Do something about those flames. Please."

"Heh... will do."

He felt a power surge up, slightly more painfully this time. His gift spread out, reaching throughout existence to find what he desired. It locked on to its unique signature, and pulled it through the barriers between dimensions, forcing its way to his reality and general vicinity. A deluge of holy water crashed onto Morcleon an instant before the hellfire. "... why holy water?"

"Eh, thought it was a useful precaution. It is hellfire, after all."

"Ah, touche."

Groaning, Morcleon retrieved his sword from where it had dropped on the ground. He looked up. He groaned again. "Some form of earth-based spell...? Wait... Lightning chakra beats earth chakra. I do sorely hope that this carries over to magic..."

He ran through a series of hand seals, concentrating the chakra along his arm and into his hand, dividing it into a number of sharply focused projectiles. He continued to focus the lightning chakra, creating ever-increasing numbers of senbon. His sharingan spun again, targeting the vital points on the pit fiends, as well as the orbs themselves, hoping to defuse them. A moment passed. Morcleon fired, sending a hailstorm of concentrated lightning needles toward his enemies. Chidori Senbon!

The instant his jutsu activated, he molded some chakra within himself, ready to replace himself with a convieniently placed log if the spell wasn't disrupted. He then had a curious thought. "Wait, it that a meteor swarm...?

Spoiler
    Show
    Convieniently placed log? Why yes, there is. For some reason, there's always a cut log ready whenever a shinobi needs to use the replacement technique. And who am I to remove such a long-standing staple of Naruto?
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-07-15 at 08:05 PM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacob, Again, Or Is It Ganon!

Suddenly, Jacob began to giggle nervously, with his body shaking uncontrollably with pre-laughter. The mysterious, deep, mocking laughter continued for a handful of seconds, before a mystical energy exploded throughout Jake's body. The Sword of the Sages was seen coalescing into Jacob's fist, and the Triforce of Power materialized into his hand. The battle possessed man grew tusks from his mouth and he grew to resemble something more like an Orc or pig-man than a Human being. The laughter then became more like a dragon's roar. Suddenly, the man teleported into the nearest Pit-Fiend, attempting to cleave the upstart demon with a single cleave with supernatural strength, easily strong enough to cut through ten feet of castle wall. The size of Ganon/Jake? was equal at least to the Pit-Fiend he was cleaving.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

The pale light emanated from the windows above, casting a long shadow on the stone. Seated at his workbench, Alexander Idrian examined the mechanism in front of him: a broken timepiece. It seemed to be running several seconds slow now.
    Tick, tick, tick.
    With a sigh, he tosses it away. Before it could land, an idle flick of the finger dismisses it into dust. A slow smile splits pale skin. Almost as an afterthought, he realizes how quiet the laboratory is now. The voices remained stilled, as was proper. They would bother him when and only when he permitted it. The barriers were still holding strong, but no battle is without cost. Behind his dull gold irises, Alexander could feel the pain slowly building - the hunger that came with using one's powers. What had the Watchmaker called it? Evolutionary imperative? What utter nonsense he had sprouted. There had been a carnival, and something about redemption. Of course, there were others. The Nihilist, who seemed to spend all of their conversations either laughing triumphantly or trying to persuade him to kill everything. The Hero, who did almost the exact opposite and wallowed, usually making a half-hearted attempt to get Alexander to run off or re-invent himself. Finally, there was the Tyrant. Of the four spirits, he seemed to be the most rational, and the only one worth talking to. Then again, he had deluded himself into thinking he was a god, but compared to the others he was practically sane.

Suddenly irritated by such idle thoughts, Alexander stands up.
    Some fresh air would do me good, I think. Ensuring that his twin bracers of pewter and steel stay firmly embedded into his forearms, he walks over to his desk and removes one of the many vials. He holds it up to the light, watching the flakes of metallic pewter fall slowly through the alcohol solution. Pulling back the cap, Alexander downs the drink. He can feel the pewter reserve inside him now, a veritable treasure trove of power. Throwing on a grey coat, he walks over to the cabinet. There, lined in dark mahogany, was Caesura - a true man's blade. He belts it on carefully, the sheath only a slight bulge beneath the wool fabric. Alexander Idrian is ready. Moving to the door, he steps through with an abandon he does not quite feel.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-07-16 at 06:11 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

As Kate barreled into the devil, slamming into the wall and piercing it through with the finally unsheathed Excalibur, spattered with blood, vision filled with blue, feeling the impact and strange energies leaking off her foe, she realized something: she felt good.

That first battle had been too soon, too chaotic; she wasn't used to her new capabilities, and had basically relied on the instincts pouring in from her other selves. And, while Kate had always believed that she could kill if she had to, she had mercifully never had to find out; Canaan and Saber were more than used to killing others, but generally took no pleasure in it, and Rei and Yu were used to more controlled fights against distinctly inhuman foes.

But now....it hadn't been much longer, really, but it had helped immensely. Fighting a large scale battle had been one hell of a warmup. Talking with her other selves was good (especially given who they were). Even just walking around, seeing their new base, with it's incredible variety of weapons, armor, vehicles, fighters, and so on, and then walking around the city, Sigil, the center of the Outer Planes....she was starting to feel it, to internalize this new way of being. And these new opponents....there was no pity here. They may have been people, in some sense, but they were not worthy of her concern as such; where her selves ranged exactly from Neutral-Good to Lawful-Good, they were firmly Lawful-Evil. But they were smart and skilled and powerful, much like herself. She felt awake.

"Kate, not to interrupt, but...."

"Two more, incoming!"

OK, now she was really awake.

'Saber, not to sound like a broken record....'

"Don't risk it yet. You've just unsheathed it and accessed its full form for the first time, we can't safely handle any more for a minute or two. Hold till it's stabilized. Or win."

'Alright, let's do this.' "Reform: Invisible Air: Bounded Field of the Wind King!" The Pit Fiend she had speared screamed as the ripping barrier reformed around the sword, Kate turned to face the devils rushing for her and...."Release: Strike Air: Hammer of the Wind King!" The barrier of compressed wind impacted the impaled demon for the second time, this time tearing into its innards, and Kate shot forward toward her new opponents, sword back for a powerful slash.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure, but I think that did it for teh guy on teh wall.
    Last edited by AkaiNeko; 2012-07-16 at 12:09 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Conor drags himself forward through the pain, biting his lip and trying to count how many Pit Fiends were left. 6 in the initial attack, 5 went "down", but only 4 died. Then 8 more appeared, bringing it to ten. From what he saw as he crawled for the tiny white stick of wood, he counted one more down from getting its head ripped off. 6 were inside the courtyard right now, 2 menacing Morcleon while 3 surrounded Necron and 1 scrapped with Erik. Another two charged Kate, and the other one was still stuck in the stone... He reached the Wand, grasping its smoothness in hands made of charred metal. He got up, slowly moving while ignoring the pain. When he finally stands, he has only to pick his target. Eridan assures him that whatever he picks has no hope at all.

21. - Top - End - #111

Zombie

"Surrounded by goons, holding the claw of one that seems to hurt them, a lot. Hmm, what to do." Tom smirks ducking a slash from one of the Fiends.
    As he comes up he keeps going, flipping backwards over the 1st Pit Fiend and stabbing straight through.
    Pulling it out he began the dance of death, assuming a duelist's stance as he ducked, weaved and parried the 4 incoming attacks until he suddenly reversed direction, delivering what would have been a savage backhand to the 2nd Fiend except with the claws, did a whole lot more.
    The 2nd going down, even if temporarily Tom turned to the 3rd remaining and smiled ferally, and the devil knew Mercer had returned. With the claw he lashed out, tearing through the neck and pressing his other hand straight into it, dragging his demonic biomass into his body.
    If any of the other 2 still live he slams his foot down on them, cracking bone ruthlessly.

"Come and get me!" He roared in a feral rage as claws stabbed out from his hands, looking more like the devil's than his standard form.

(OOC: ZEUS got claws from consuming a Hunter the first time, and absorbing various other enemies gave him other powers, consuming a Devil for his upgraded claws seems like his style.)

He stood ready, any wounds inflicted sealing themselves as the very dense virus stood with 3 bodies surrounding him.

All of his companions (read: you guys) feel an immense wave of emotion, driving them to unleash more devastating attacks or combos.
    Any Force-Users who can sense Force Bonds will see tendrils linking all of them to him.

(OOC: The Exile forms Force Bonds very quickly. Kreia and Exile spend an hour of knowing each other and they gain pain-sharing. Anton is overwhelmed with rage if you decide to attack the owner of the apartment you rob despite being in contact for 1-3 days and he had a Force Bond with almost every single one of his troops at Malachor to the point that he shut off his Force Connection when they died so he wouldn't either)

Sorry everyone

22. - Top - End - #112

WolfInSheepsClothing

William staggered back to his feet, gasping for breath.

'What is...this? My body feels almost like a husk. Why do I feel like it's not my body?'

'Fushi Tensei, my technique of pseudomortality. We now hold the form of the great white snake, and this body is to be our host.'

William could feel the wave of snakes as though it were another part of his body, and attempted to move them. They responded, splitting around the personae and attempting to overrun the pit fiends with a wall of outstretched blades. The multitude which remain, make a rush for the gate, attempting to bring it down with the weight of their musculature.

'There's so much vital energy here...I never knew that I was so...weak. It feels like I could just walk through a wall with this strength.'

'It is not yet fully developed; we're only at around 10% of the capacity brought by this technique. That snake wave, properly known as the Formation of Ten-Thousand Snakes technique is probably at the absolute limit of our abilities for now.'

'Well, that's your first phase of integration. I believe that it was to be my turn next?'

'Right. First though, what will you be integrating, Aizen? I don't really want more surprises like that last one.'

'Very well...for my first three-hour phase, I'll mostly be integrating some of my spiritual pressure and a bit of my swordsmanship. It won't be anything drastic like Orochimaru's, but it will provide a strong base for later.'

'Very well, then. Now let's see if we can't help anyone here...that one looks good.'

William surveys the fight, then enters by attacking the pit fiend which is busy casting, first with a grouping of snakes emerging from beneath the sleeve of his robe, seeking to inject a paralyzing venom, and then with the Blade of Kusanagi, seeking out the eyes.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Alexander strides through the illogical vistas of Sigil, taking everything in anew. From the depths of his pocket, he feels a faint vibration. Pulling out his HoloNet screen, he activates it. Apparently his Cultist account on GITP has been notified of the appearance of other Playgrounders nearby.
    Fascinating. He pauses, moving to the side of the street. Gradually, he opens up the door into one of his subconscious partitions: the tavern of the Hero. The Waystone Inn, with its silence of three parts, remains exactly as Alexander left it. Kvothe the Bloodless (or Kote the Innkeeper, it was hard to tell the difference sometimes) sits at the bar, polishing glasses. He barely looks up at Alexander's entry.
    "How are things?" His flame-red hair, as always, lacks a certain luster in the half light.
    "Perfectly fine, thank you. So far, your abilities have proven to be the most interesting, if not the most useful to me. However, I do enjoy the faculties of your rather remarkable memory." The arcanist's green eyes hold Alexander's, saying nothing but expressing a deep sorrow.
    "I didn't come here in order to hear you carry on about the unfairness of the universe. Honestly, you can't blame me that Rothfuss died before he could finish your story. I wasn't paying attention earlier when the Lady of Pain made her announcement. Could you recite what she said?" Kvothe/Kote simply sighs again, running a hand through his hair and standing up.
    "From now on, no one leaves or enters until the Personae have found what they need. I suggest you all get comfortable with your new homes until then." He pauses. "Good enough?"
    "Yes, I believe so. I'll see you soon, I expect." In a flash, Alexander closes the door in his mind, finding himself on the streets of Sigil once again. It seems as though he had been missing out on some pointless, if entertaining fighting.
    Let's see if we can rectify that. After waiting for a moment to ensure that no-one else was present, Alexander shot upwards into the planar skies, his inborn gift for flight bearing him ever upwards. Below him, he could see the streets of his neighborhood in the Guildhall Ward, and all around the other 5 Wards that made up Sigil's ring. It doesn't take him long to find the source of the disturbance: the old Temple of Tharizdun. It looked like a mess already, what with the pit fiends and all. From his position high above, Alexander begins burning his reserve of tin. The additional information that floods his senses is nauseating at first, but he adjusts quickly.
    Time to sit back and enjoy the show.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-07-16 at 04:35 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Morcleon responds quickly to the threat of other devils with what he knows as the counter to earth, lightning. Plus, lightning has worked so far, right? The devil was not charging an earth spell, however. Just after the hail of tiny electrically charged spikes left his hand, he recognized the rocks from a Meteor Swarm spell. Under normal circumstances, the spell summons 4 tiny pebbles that grow to boulders 2 feet wide, which explode on impact in huge balls of fire. He hoped like anything that his needles would be able to stop the Pit Fiend from casting the spell, because those needles weren't going to do much to it. But the other fiend was ready, and with a swipe of its hand, the needles had their magical energy Dispelled, allowing them to plink harmlessly against the hide of the devils. Except that it neglected to sap those that fired against the boulders, and then something odd happened. They were still about 1 foot in diameter, and even though the spell was not made of earth, the needles shattered the stones into tiny pebbles. The devil, now holding a galaxy of floating gravel, looked concerned at the state of its spell. Morcleon was worried now, as these demons seemed more... controlled. More intelligent than the others, too. Both devils' grins returned as each meteor in the nebula of loose stone grew, to 1 foot each, glowing with unholy energy. Unwittingly, Morcleon had shoved the power level of the spell up to gigantic levels. The devil with the hellgravel pointed its claw. Before Morcleon had time to move, he was engulfed in a rain of fiery howling meteors, impacting the entire area around him in a huge buckshot pattern. At each impact, a gout of grey-black fire with a sickly yellow center erupts. the combination of 30 or 40 meteors turns the entire courtyard into a sea of fire, that rises almost above the walls. Morcleon disappears entirely.

Erik tussles with his Fiend, bashing it over and over again, but never managing to do any permanent damage. Likewise, the demon tries to gain purchase on his armor, only to find its claws sliding and slipping on the near frictionless shields. Erik finally gets into a position of attack, and throws both of his arms forward, into the devil's eyes. Even though its body toughens over, like every other wound inflicted, it can't regenerate its eyes. Blind, it finally manages to pop his shield, grabbing him at last. Erik sees the meteors, though, and with a last effort of strength against the demon on top of him, squeezing him to death, he slammed its body into the ground between him and the impact site. The flames whirled about it, but Erik was safe behind the soon-to-be carcass of the demon.

Necron slashed with the claw he absorbed from the body of the first devil, but found a problem: Not all of the strength of the Pit Fiends was in their magically toughened hides. They were plenty tough all on their own, and despite his best efforts, he could only produce flesh wounds, that would kill lesser things, but seemed to be minor concerns of the fiends. He had near-ravaged all of them when he saw yellow-black fire rushing forward. He armored his skin with the Pit Fiend's collected skin, just as the devils around him turned their Fire Immunity on. But of course, their magic hides had been slashed and sliced to uselessness against the flames, and their blood boiled as they collapsed against burns they'd never felt before.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Meanwhile, outside the gates, there were fewer devils to deal with, and no magical fire save the leftovers that boiled out of the hole between the walls where the gates were. Jacob had gone seemingly insane, grabbing a glowing sword out of nowhere and impaling a Pit Fiend. A Pit Fiend that no one else could see. Kate, ready against the two charging her, looked sideways into the face of a devil about to gut her head to toe while invisible, now stuck on the end of the flaring white sword of Jacob/Ganon. Kate whips the sword back, and then forth again, ripping the Pit Fiend on the wall in half and blasting the other two backwards with concentrated wind.

They landed in a heap of snakes, serpents that had reeled from the heat of the flames now writhed over the two, seeking to bite and bite and bite.

While Tristan ducked the blow of the other charging devil, he reflected on the fact that it was mad as, well, hell. He had embarrassed it in front of its fellows, and for that it would try harder than anything to kill him. Its swipes were furious and quick, ignoring any attempt at defense or holding back. Tristan continues to spray web on it, outlining it more and more, to the point where the demon simply decloaks, its invisibility useless under the mass of web. He just kept dodging and dodging again, trying to find an opening or an opportunity to strike at it, but finding none that wouldn't get his stomach gashed open. When he heard the loud, clear ring of a bell, and the sound of a shout, "HEY PIT FIEND, HOLD STILL FOR A BIT". The Pit Fiend ignored Saraneth, but Tristan saw Conor holding the Wand of Science and understood. Calling on all his skills of maneuverability, he jumped, leaped, and dodged, until he was on top of the Fiend trying to kill him so very hard. he pulled back on its head using webs, until it looked like it was playing limbo, at which point he wrapped it in tons and tons and tons of webbing. Before it could rip through it like tissue paper he jumped free and shouted "NOW". Conor used the wand. A sound like the thunder of ten lightning strikes resounded, and a single gigantic beam of White Fire leaped from the Wand to the Fiend, holding still for all of 4 or 5 roaring, deafening, blinding seconds. When it was over, both of their ears were ringing, and the only sign that there had been a devil at all was the blast crater on the wall of the building behind it.

Alexander laughed.

26. - Top - End - #116

Zombie

(OOC: ZUES can't absorb dead things that aren't items. He Consumed one of the 3 surrounding him)
    ZEUS stands covered in numerous cuts and surrounded by corpses.
    His stance changes subtly as Jarez takes over, twisting his Force Powers into a couple of Heals.

The cuts on Necron's body quickly seal, as do the now-organic clothes leaving him pristine and actually in better combat-form than when the fight started.

With the current threat over Necron returns to dominance, grinning wildly.
    "Right, I'm back. That was fun, I can't wait until I can do that sort of stuff without losing control of my own body."
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-07-17 at 02:42 AM.

Sorry everyone

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

Kate moved fast, thanking her lucky stars that she'd picked up that invisible devil in time, and leaping to finish said devil, already impaled on a glowing sword and rattled by the wind spell.

"KATE! We may have just lost someone in that firestorm! There's too much interference to be sure!"

'What?! S***....ok, no time. Yu, need an attack boost. Doesn't matter how short.'

Yu didn't argue. "This may hurt. Tarukaja!"

Kate felt the drain on her reserves, but it wasn't too bad. She immediately moved on to the closest of her two original targets, intending to give them as little time to recover as possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure of teh exact timing here, sorry. Canaan would've picked it up more-or-less instantly, so however that fits.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

From his position, Alexander continues to survey the battle.
    Hmm. His morphing power seems to stem from a biological irregularity, much like many of my own. Given that shape-shifting is already under my purview, such an extension can't be too hard. He nods slowly, taking stock of the flow of the combat. Everything seems to be almost over already, today's foreseeable entertainment coming to a premature close.
    Let's see how these 'Personae' will fare under a focused attack. He begins by expanding his consciousness outwards, subtly overriding the senses of all sentient creatures within viewing distance and removing all traces of himself. To anyone paying attention, they will see only empty sky and hear only the faint whispers of a planar wind. Then, Alexander focuses the remainder of his will against the last unimpeded Pit Fiend, attempting to take over its mind utterly. Should he succeed, Alexander will compel its body to make a full attack against the closest Persona, abandoning all forms of defense or retreat.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-07-18 at 09:17 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

29. - Top - End - #119

Erik takes a moment to catch his breath, but with the endurence of John and Alric, it is quickly caught. Before he can push off the devil, Aleandrea speaks.

'Let me. This shouldn't sear your armour...'

With a few jestures, Aleandrea releases a beam of acid into the devil, potent enough to melt almost anything shy of a Black Dragon, with more control then a scapal, Aleandrea keeps as much of the beast as cover until the last moment, then getting up quickly.

Sitting up, Erik grabs the staff, and repeats the Virtrolic blast, shaping it into a strange acid-lightning, he sends it forth to the closest demon, where it will jump to the next closest, and the next, and the next...

Spoiler
    Show
    Blasting the demons with potent acid. Can get up to six within about 3m of the last struck each other.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

30. - Top - End - #120

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Ouch! That hurt."

'My substitution jutsu should help. Use it.'

'Oh, very well.'

William, having recently had his lower half removed by the meteor, used Orochimaru's substitution technique to regurgitate a rather more intact body.

"Ugh...that's not something that I'll get used to anytime soon...wait, wasn't there a pit fiend somewhere?"

'You seem to have been moved a ways away by the blast.'

'Alright. Wait...you're not Evangeline. Who are you?'

'I was known as the Mage of the Beginning. It seems that the Light made a mistake regarding who precisely was you and who wasn't, most likely due to my interference with Evangeline.'

'Hmmm...well, you'll have to accept our pact, then. We support each other, and act to prevent the enemy from conquering the worlds. Once the enemy has been defeated, and only then, we will then begin our own conquest.'

'Humans...even when they're down, they look for ways to reach the top. Sure, I'll accept that.'

'Very well, then. We should see to finding Morcleon and help him, since he was at the focus of that last attack. Mokou, you have ten seconds of control. Could you please do something about these fires?'

'Sure, I can do that.'

The flames which engulfed the courtyard are compressed into a sphere at the courtyard's center. The sphere is then rammed into the pit fiend which had so recently let lose with a meteor swarm.