'I can gain flight.'
    'Still, hieght advantage.'
    'Called endurance. And giant climbing.'
    'Now you speak my language, dwarf.'
    'Maiden?'
    'Can you channel through your spear.'
    (Most of the Personea) '...'
    'We should spend some time enchanting before we go on.'
    'Should... Erik, I will co-ordinate. I will let you touch their memories, the power will almost be our peak before harvesting souls.'
    'Good. What can you do with the Hell-Knights?'
    '[COLOR="rgb(221, 160, 221)"]I suggest we just use them to... Empower our strikes.'[/COLOR]
    'It will take two hands for this magic, wont it?'
    'Yes.'
    'Well... Fighters, you get to predict and dodge.'

Erik opened his mind for a moment, messaging the others as parts of the personae's memories flowed through his head.

"Ok. I've....We've... Pronoun trouble, are to use a combination based around the 'Maiden in Black's' powers to sap... Drain the demons power, it's going to be a little hard to concentrate on combining magic and flying safely, if you can do anything as a distraction, please do so."

Part of him wondered 'I wonder if that opening will work two ways.' Before he struck. He decided to wave that for closer combat.

A incantation quickly flew through his head, and he took flight silently.
    And his first strike, was a beam of 'soul energy' from the maiden, modified by Aleandrea to increase range and penetration as it streaked on up to the demons head. Master Chief and Deadpool focused on dodging, and Phage patiently sat in the suit, waiting to activate the personal telleporter remotely, as to avoid the hand requirement, to disappear from any trouble. Aleandrea, The Maiden and Alric focused on creating the most potent blasts, while Eldrad sought out where to place them for best effect.

By the third blast, Aleandrea and Alric had figured out how to link in the ability to soul-steal into the blasts, only to a weak level, the forth blast striking in the dead centre of the demons chest, where the 'copy' had disappeared into, hoping that it might be a weak point upon which they might be able to amplify the drain.

And slowly as he decided on how to best use their powers, Erik made himself fly closer to the demon, ignoring the suits thermal readings as Aleandrea's spell held him aloft, the Dwarven amulet protecting him from the heat.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

We need someone on the outside, to keep abreast of events in the cathedral.
    I will go. You two continue your efforts.
    Alright then. Let's try a transmutation, shall we?
    As Legato walks back towards the Atrium, the alchemist, still in the form of a young woman, approaches the base of the structure. She draws a small transmutation circle, clapping her hands together and forcing the energy outwards. The pyramid is coated in blue light, before fading into glass. Together, Dante and Bolas peer in. Silence. The pyramid is filled with light, six colored strands of energy swirling through the space of the Center. There, floating at the pyramid's heart, is the outline of a man. He sleeps. Even as they watch, the obsidian substance reappears, beginning to spread across the surface.
    Well? Do you have any suggestions?
    You were right. This upstart must be crushed if we are to be free. Break him quickly, before I need to transmute again.
    With pleasure. Hang on to me: we would not want to be on the ground for this.
    As he rises into the air, Bolas begins gathering his remaining mana for a massive spell. First, the temperature throughout the mind-city begins to rise. Waves of humidity ripple off of the glass. It continues as such, until the earth begins to split open once again. This time, however, a red glow bathes the pyramid as torrents of magma are forced up from the ground beneath them. With one final push, the elder dragon sends waves of magma towards the pyramid. There is a low rumble as the molten rock collides with the glass and obsidian, followed by a shattering sound. Dark smoke billows outward, clouding the air. The miniature cataclysm lasts for some time, obliterating almost everything in sight. When it finally subsides, the pyramidal structure is gone. The light previously within has also been extinguished. All that remains is an immense crater, and Alexander's supine form near the center.
    Wait... look. He is still moving. As they watch in horror, the Persona gets back up slowly. He is covered in soot and blood, but there are no open wounds on his body. Slowly, his clothes begin to regenerate. His white shirt is back, as are his pants and boots. His dark grey coat billows outward, down to his ankles. However, Alexander himself has changed. His skin, once simply pale, has turned waxy. His eyes are now gold-green, the pupils reptilian. His nails have grown into talons, his hair into a wild mane. When he smiles, his teeth are sharpened to points. He speaks two words only, the sound of his voice carrying over the rumble and crunch of glass.
    Integration complete.

Legato, meanwhile, makes it all the way back to the Atrium. The chamber has changed drastically, the silver walls and miniarets transmuted to a pale green jade inlaid with burnished gold. Above is a large dome, built to imitate the night sky. In the heart of the room, the reflective pool remains, showing the telepath a view of the cathedral. Through it, he watches the battle against the Blood Lord continue, unaware of the internal struggle unfolding around the Center. The smirk on his face is cut short, however, at the sound of the doors slamming shut behind him. Since when were there doors into the Atrium?
    Ah good. I was hoping to find you here. Your friends didn't last very long, I'm afraid. Now, it is high time you returned home as well, isn't it? Alexander's smile is a mirror of Legato's previous one. His hands are outstretched, and full of lightning. The telepath does not even have the chance to speak as he is thrown bodily across the room, and into darkness.

After dispatching Legato, it only takes Alexander another moment to re-take bodily control. He takes in the battle carefully from the sidelines. From all appearances, he had only been under for several minutes, but it had felt like days. The illusion cast by Nicol Bolas was gone now, shed away like the morning dew in the sun. In its place were the physical changes inflicted on the Perona from integrating the elder dragon.
    That is bound to create some confusion. Then again, it looks as though the others have been busy. The mental locks were back in place, the souls of the three villains given an extra layer of subconscious protection. If they escaped, they would find themselves in an illusory prison of his own design. It was quite impressive. After all, it had taken him over a minute to construct. Alexander makes a note to have little talks with all three souls after the battle here has been concluded. It might be best to at least pay attention to current events, lest he be needed.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-08-08 at 02:00 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

Somewhere in the silence that had engulfed her for some time now, Kate....woke up.

She couldn't remember how she had gotten....wherever she was. She felt disoriented, tired, sore....

....this was starting to sound really bad, actually, but a quick, slightly panicked self-inspection confirmed that her body and clothing were approximately as they had been at the last point in time she could remember, in the temple in Sigil. She'd had a small argument with Rob, Alexander, and Necro, and had been about to move on from the gore-soaked room and....nothing. She had nothing.

What had happened?

Shaking her head, still groggy, she could fee herselves beginning to extricate themselves from the tangle they were in; slowly, "her own" voice quieted a bit, and they all flt better as the comforting, low-level chatter returned.

Feeling a bit better, and furthermore confident that she could stand, Kate stood, looked around, and saw(/heard/smelled/felt/intuited/Synesthesia-ed/whatever)....
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

Struggling to find a sense of balance, Sam takes a few steps back into the previous hall. She leans against a wall, removing her helmet so that she can take a breath.
    What are you doing? We must defeat the present danger.
    Um, hi. You didn't introduce yourself. You are...?
    My name is Elspeth Tirel, knight of Bant, and my affairs are no concern of yours, demon.
    A knight, eh? Figures. If you must know, I am a spirit, or djinn. Most of us find the term 'demon' to be highly pejorati -
    I don't much care. Right now, there is a mission that we are honor bound to complete.
    Yes, and we're all so glad to have her on board to remind us.
    Shut up! Everyone just shut up! I need to concentrate.
    Sam tunes the souls out once again, working in order to integrate Bartimaeus' psyche into her own soul. The first feeling is an overwhelming sense of confidence, that lasts all of maybe three seconds. It is replaced by shock. Sam is soon aware that she is watching reality on the third plane of existence, and that she can switch between the seven channels at will. So of course she flips through them, taking a minute to watch the battle for any illusions or glamers: they would be revealed as everyone and everything's true form came into focus.
    It's incredible! Do you see like this all the time?
    Of course. We spirits can perceive everything as it really is. No deception for us.
    What about self-deception?
    What? No. You remind me of Solomon. He liked to ask stupid questions too.

Winner of the MtG card design contest 'Winner is the Judge', Week 5!

5. - Top - End - #335
    Firbolg in the Playground

Jaime stares in shock as the hail of bullets he just let loose melt a good yard before they make contact with the demon, instead melting into a harmless, if very warm, rain of liquid lead. He retreats to cover, reloading and holstering his revolver as he goes. Ducking back behind a pillar, he shoves a fresh clip into his rifle and chambers the first round. Glancing back around at the Blood Lord, he notices that some of the rock nearest to it has started to glow and melt around the edges, and that the air temperature in the room has risen at least 20 degrees in as many seconds. This isn't good. Can any of you do anything to cool the air around me so that I don't die of heat stroke?
    I can transport enough heat in a ten foot sphere around you away to make it go down to about 85 degrees.
    Thanks. Thats should make it bearable. Where are you going to funnel it to?
    I'm dumping it in an ocean on a plane near here. It's taking most of my concentration to keep the spell going, so don't expect me to be of much help for the rest of the battle.
    Thats fine.
    Jaime leans back around the pillar, firing off about half the clip in three round bursts before shouldering it again and drawing esperacchius.So Sanya, you said this sword works good against demons?
    Yes. It should be able to hurt it, and if not, at least inconvenience it while it deals with the magic.
    Gorramit! When are me and Shep going to get to do something?
    You really want to fight a 15 foot tall fire demon?
    No. But it's really 狗屁股吸吮 boring in here listening to Revan and Shepard argue about who's a copy of who.
    Fine. You can get a chance to shoot something the next fight we get into.

He lifts esperacchius, which bursts into bright white light, and throws a small bag of thorny roses at the demon, followed by a burst of power from Briar. The bag bursts at the demon's feet, the cloth already starting to smoke when the power catches up. The roses burst into growth, growing up several feet in a matter of seconds in a near perfect pillar centered around where the demons foot was. Those too, start to smolder, before the outer edge of Jaimes circle of cooler air arrives as he charges the demon, his stance changing just before he gets there to that of a lunge aimed straight at the demons leg.
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2012-08-10 at 07:17 AM.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

6. - Top - End - #336

"Wow. That guy's good. Let's see how good you are without that magic support." Morcleon's mutterings continued as he kept draining the magic away from the Blood Lord, dispersing it into the ambience of the room. He scowled as his copies dispersed, and absentmindedly snatched the returning Key out of the air. He would get his sword back later. Or just get a new one.

As the Blood Lord continues to advance, Morcleon sighs. "Tch. Seems I'll have to go over there and take him on myself. Clones have no effect." He closes his eyes for a moment, splitting off a section of his gestalt mind to continue the magic drain. This task complete, he extracts a small needle from his ear. It quickly expands, spinning, into a large red and gold battle staff.

Channeling chakra into his legs, Morcleon moves to the spot where his sword lay, picking it up and sheathing it. The next moment, he stands in front of the Blood Lord and attacks the demon with his magical and ridiculously overweight staff.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kate wakes from her stupor to find the air around her warmer than usual, with a very weird baked smell, sulfurous and nasty. She could not discern any difference in the room around her, save that, and the fact that all of her allies were gone except that one Joshua kid. Huh.

She could not guess what was really happening in the other room. Paint on the walls begins to run, statues and carvings in the middle slumping, their grotesque features ruined by the heat of convective air.The air inside the once grand cathedral is so hot, anyone without protection would likely die of exposure, not to mention the center of the room, where they would certainly burst into flames. In that center, two Eldritch Horrors were dueling, to what purpose only the participants of the combat could know. Its dispelling failed, the one with the fangs and wings slammed into the fiery figure, whipping tentacles into the white-hot demon without a single care as to the horrific burns it was sustaining. But its opponent was not idle. Magic was for some strange reason not working correctly, so scythes, apparently made from the shadows of blackest night, swung in curving arcs that sliced neat cuts into the flesh of the abomination. Howling, they dueled, smashing pillars and ripping chunks of masonry off their surroundings. Even as Deathevan took burns all over, he had the real advantage: A team.

Tristan blasted the room with cold magic, lowering the intense heat to more survivable, if not reasonable levels. He then began filling a pit with water. The water boiled into steam immediately, but not before soaking up as much heat as it could. As Tristan continues to summon water, steam fills the room. The room may turn into a sauna, but it is a much cooler sauna. The demon and monster still battle, the Blood Lord twirling around pillars and Deathevan using chunks of rock as bludgeons. Steam obscures their movements, if not their positions.

Morcleon was the source of the power drain, leveling the playing-field between Jacob and the Blood Lord. As he drained magic, he also drew a large magic staff, strangely out of his ear.

Erik wound his way around pillars of stone and steam, firing blasts of energy at the Devil, taking care not to hit Deathevan at the same time. He tried at first to drain the Blood Lord's Amulet, finding only a spare Morcleon. He decided against draining the clone, and instead punted him to the side while he focused all of his blast-power on the demon itself, swirling around and using steam to avoid the backswing of the great scythes.

Sam steps out of the room, unable to stand the heat of the room while trying to comprehend Bartimaeus' multiple levels of thought and sight.

Jaime creates a bubble of cool air around him, robbing the surrounding molecules of some of their vibration. He shoots his rifle at the demon, bullets pattering its molten hide. Then, he conjures a bag of roses, the fragrance of which swells through the room in a contradictory manner. The roses fill the sulfurous air, stealing away some of the demon's overpowering menace. Meanwhile, the bag of roses sails through air, hitting the backpedalling Blood Lord square in the back. Burning, the roses twist themselves into a pillar of ash that covers the fiend head to toe. Surprised, tumbling through ash and steam, followed closely by a monster of flesh and bone, the demon does not expect a hamstring by Jaime, utilizing the power of Esperacchius. While its down, Morcleon approaches and slams his staff into it, magically enhanced weight crushing bones as he pulls it up and hits it again and again. It sweeps outward with its scythes, making him jump back, and allowing it an opportunity to get up. As it gets up, cinders flying around in its wake, surrounded by fighters, it begins to say something, in the same tongue it used to give itself its huge powers.

Before it can say more than a few syllables, a voice comes from behind it: "No."

A sparkling edge, made of mind energy, thrusts its way directly through the Blood Lord's head. A hundred spheres of dark sagita magic flowed into the Blood Lord, zooming throughout it before detonating, watermelon-sized chunks of flesh blasting themselves outward, destroying the Great Fiend's body. Everything in it, all of its organs, its skin, its arms, and its legs, just exploded, all at once. Its ragged body sank to the ground, without so much as a sigh from its ruined throat. Its scythes fell, cutting pillars cleanly before sinking through the floor. As soon as the demon is gone, Tristan's water begins to equalize the temperature more efficiently, until eventually, waving away steam and wiping away gore, the Personae stand around the dead body of the Fiend.

Clearly, they had won.
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-08-10 at 11:04 PM.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacob
    The body of Saint Eva reappeared, full of burns. The warlock was currently healing himself with magical powers. It might have taken a while, but he would continue to heal himself until he was restored and no longer covered with the wounds that came by fire. He noticed as he was rejuvenating that he felt somehow. . . stronger now that he had, with the very much needed help of his comrades, triumphed over the Blood Lord. The broken, bloodied dark altar ominiously stayed bloodied and dark. Tendrils of dark energy lashed out at the group of Personae in hatred. Even Deathevan was afraid, although the entire team somehow knew Tharizdun was contained within the massive mural which remained unmelted far behind the altar. The bodies of the dead Hell-Knights littered the floor, and below the mural where Tharizdun was imprisoned and impotent to effect the Material Plane, there was a door into the final room of this place. The hooded figure, now free to enter the room of the Dark Chapel spoke behind you.

"I finally remember. I am Akasha, Keeper of Knowledge. Behind the doors in the final room of this Temple you will find what you seek. The Light, and I, Akasha, and the Gaurdian will cleanse the Temple now that the Scion of Blood is dead. You have done me and Sigil, and the Omniverse a great service by stopping the unleashing of Dread Tharizdun. Akasha lashed out a golden whip of energy, and Tharizdun shrieked as the painting was destroyed. For a moment some of you may have had slack jaws in terror, fearing that the evil god was just set free, but then you feel it's spirit shrink away from the same Plane.

"Tharizdun is now stored in my Archives. I hope to you see you all soon. For now, the last door will present the goals of your, our enemies." He further explains. "There shall be a scroll within the hands of the Sage statue. The Scroll is harmless unless misused. You may open it and read it, but do not speak the words within the Scroll aloud."

The Final Door
    A Vast Archives fills the room. This massive room could hold many thousands of books, but in front of the room stands a statue holding strange Scrolls within it's hands. The Scrolls glow an odd color which you can't make sense of. Is it green, silver, gold or red?

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Alexander watches impassively as the Blood Lord meets its untimely end at the hand of Rob's dark magic. He smiles emptily at the corpse, and the spot where the scythes have sunk into the floor.
    Evangeline's work, I imagine. I will need to have a proper chat with him before I leave. He has the potential to be a useful ally, or a dangerous enemy. Perhaps he will be both, in time. Before he begins to walk, Alexander takes a moment to shift back into his original form. His hair shortens, his eyes revert, and his nails and teeth look more human. Alexander tells himself that this change is permanent, that there is no need to return to his previous dragon-kin state. He knows, however, that Bolas has changed him more severely than the others. To revert was to lose the magic, the immense amount of eldritch knowledge, and the new spark of power that lay just beyond his breast. Truthfully, Alexander couldn't stop the changes. He did not want to stop them. However, the dismissal of Tharizdun by the strange man and the entrance to the archives appearing sets his inner struggles aside. Alexander approaches the statue, taking in the scroll that gleamed with a brilliant gold energy. Telekinetically, he picks up one of the scrolls and floats it less than a foot in front of him.
    What is this?
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Rob, recovering himself and dropping his focus on his blade, (but not on his shield), walked to Alexander's side. Watching the scroll hover in front of them, he noted quickly to psyker. Might want to leave that alone. I know that keeper guy only said not to read it, but no use in tempting fate, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Listening to Rob's warning, Alexander merely shakes his head slightly.
    "I believe he told us not to speak the words out loud. Now, how would you like to learn something new?" His trademark smirk is out in full force as he grabs the glowing scroll out of midair, opening it. A brief scan would reveal whatever marked the page.
    The Dwemer were here? I was under the impression that they had disappeared long ago, destroyed or ascended to a higher form of existence. I have had no previous contact with their creations, but I know that much.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-08-12 at 02:49 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Orc in the Playground

"....metaphysical seperation lasting several days on our (now shared) personal timeline."

'That....made almost no sense. But ok.'

"I'm actually having a pretty hard time keeping up with it myself. That's life for you."

"Wait, the god is having a hard time keeping up with it?"

"As part of the segregation I've enacted to protect you all, I'm largely unable to access my full mental functionality."

"....which is why the rest of us are able to exist as seperate, fully functioning entities, so don't complain."

'I don't want Cthulu unchained in my brain any more than the rest of you, don't worry about that. Or Moethulu, in Rei's case.'

"That's a little weird coming from her future self."

'Deal with it. And I'm not apologizing for those fanfics, either. Stop trying.'

"But with Sakura? Really? Iri and Rin, sure, but-"

"Not to interrupt, but the path goes that....way...."

Kate came to a halt, staring at the remains of the Blood God. '....I'm gonna have to get that story later, I guess. Looks like they all went through that door over there.' She followed the others into the library.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

13. - Top - End - #343

Pre-Library.
    Though no one else could sense the demons soul, when Erik bent over, and picked up what, to him, looked like an large orb of burning red light.
    And then he enters his mindscape, veiwing each of the personae around what appears to be a round table.

"His soul essence. I bound it here when his body started collapsing. We will have to re-equip latter."
    "And?"
    "It is yours. But I will use it as neccessary to improve you until we have a moment to rest. I suggest we convert it now, not bother to turn it into a... New power."
    "Do you really trust this demon. Or to have this soul inside you."
    "Not entirely. But if it just improves my body. Or we can partition the power, and just use the maiden to access it."
    "That is more... Agreeable."
    "Shall we."
    Looking between the to, Erik feels a mental wall establish.
    "I've checked... It will do."
    "I've a feeling that this became a lot more insane."
    "Why aren't I auto correcting this?"
    Deadpool looks incredulous, like his entire world has changed.
    "Same reason you don't correct hormones. It's a self change which has become within the established limits of your body. Basically your body thinks its supposed to be here, same reason you didn't expell us all when you came along. Or perhaps because your body and Erik's bodies melding has allowed for alterations..."
    "Okay then.... Do it. The other demons souls to."
    And then, in a partition of his mind, the power of souls flooded him, the raw unadultered power of the universe, upon which demons of many universes thrived.
    "Lets get back to it."

Now.
    "Something odd to write down. Though perhaps they assended after this or... Well, the universe is insane at the moment, shall we put it up to that?"
    Erik shakes his head.
    "Any how.... It looks like we have a lot of reading to do, or we look for clues. Anyone but me want to suggest the cliched and bad plan of splitting up to look for anything unusual before we try reading something that easily compares with the Black Library. I already have a way to keep in contact."
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Dwarf in the Playground

The voices mostly quieted for now (she still had to get used to Bartimaeus' habit of hogging the narrative with multiple streams of consc-
    It's not that annoying, you know. I only get severely disciplined once every, I don't know, two or three masters? Even better, it doesn't look like anyone is here to hold a sword over me. Magicians, am I right?
    Hey! Watch it, demon.
    You know, in the real world, the spunky elf girl doesn't get to belittle a majestic spiritual entity such as myself.
    Oh, do just keep silent a moment. We need to move forward.
    Whatever you say, baldy.
    Sam silently thanks Xavier, walking thought the cathedral into the library with the others. She is wonderstruck by the stacks of books, the statues and especially the scrolls. She does not dare pick one up yet, opting instead to watch what would happen when the others were opened.
    I know we haven't done a great deal of proactive planning, but I believe that the investigation on Sigil is nearly finished. What next?
    I imagine the Lady will give us a mandate of some sort. We would need transport.
    I have a ship, if anyone's interested. I can hopefully get a template of Slave II to the engineers at the interplanar docks.
    Do those even exist?
    How would I know? If not, we can always get some help from these guys in building a new one.
    There is also the matter of improving this armor of ours. The material is good, and the pocket dimension is more than proving its worth. The overall structure is archaic, however. What do we think about hydraulic support, fuelled by an independent magical system?
    Power armor? That sounds great! How much heavier will it be, though?
    Have no fear. All we need is some white mana, and I will imbue all of our equipment with a few enchantments. Not only will it feel lighter, it will better deflect the blows of evil.
    Extremely pleased to have the souls within her actually cooperating relatively well, Sam can feel the knot of tension from introducing the spirit finally begin to fa-
    Wow, that was rude. You're being rude right now.
    Last edited by TheAntiplanar; 2012-08-12 at 08:37 PM.

Winner of the MtG card design contest 'Winner is the Judge', Week 5!

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Still somewhat at a loss at recent events, Alexander rolls the scroll back up and puts it back where he found it. The magic was old, that was for certain. Intuitive Aptitude was not helping him here. Moving on, Alexander turns to face Erik.
    "That was exactly what I was going to suggest, yes. It might be cliched, but it is still an effective way of searching. I would also avoid using magic or excessive reality warping. There are massive stores of knowledge here: I would hate to have to explain to the Lady that the team couldn't holster their powers for ten minutes. Before we do that, though, we should read the other scrolls." Alexander then proceeds to open the rest of the scrolls gently using telekinesis, unfurling them in front of him and reading the contents. As he does so, he sends out telepathic readings to all sentient beings in a twenty foot vicinity. After all, the guardian spirit had said not to speak the words aloud...
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-08-12 at 11:27 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

16. - Top - End - #346

Erik lets Alexander in, having to hold back Eldrads idea of backtracking the telepathic 'wave' to get into Alexanders head.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Elder Scroll
    The Elder scroll seems to give religous praise to a being named Akatosh and another being named Alduin. It seems this time, the blood of the gods and Deadra have been combined in some sort of Ceremony to Meridia. Some sort of being known as a "Daedric Prince of Light". It seems Meridia was messing with something that was outside of her influence, and she was "exiled" for it. Meridia further seemed to act benevolently and hated undead, killing them for centuries. The Ceremony is apparently something done to redeem her for her misdeed.

Yet later the Elder Scroll seems to contradict it'self and give her praise for doing it. It's likely, according to the wording, that Meridia succeeded in combining the blood of Akatosh and Alduin together to create a new god of some sort. However the extent of her success is called into question. It seems the new god went on a rampage on Nirn and Tamriel and then left in exile. What occurs next is chilling, apparently the new god has no understanding or at least is confused heavily about good and evil. It has given a portion of it's blood to a Cult of some kind, which allied it'self with the demons in the Temple of Tharizdun. The demons ate the cultists, and apparently the sole survivor, who worships both the new god, who is so far unnamed throughout the Scroll, and Meridia. He escaped the Temple."

The Scroll gives instructions on how to reverse the effects of consuming the blood of the New God, and what consuming the Blood actually does, but it's instructions are illegible, even on the Elder Scroll. The final paragraph seems to suggest some sort of presence in Earth by the New god.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2012-08-13 at 02:27 PM.

18. - Top - End - #348

"So... Where fighting a god. Fun."
    "FUN!"
    For a moment, Erik almost roars with Eldrads voice, before quieting him.

"So... Anyone think we need to open up recruitment?"
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2012-08-13 at 06:42 PM.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Orc in the Playground

"Fighting a god isn't any newer now than it was the last time I pointed out that it wasn't new. Also, the Elder Scroll? Seriously? Stupid multiversal quest to save existence from Lovecraftian monstrosities, making me go to worlds whose games I have a vendetta against...." Kate grumbled to herself while looking through a pale blue tomb.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

She is right. There is nothing even remotely appealing about being sent off as if I were a dog on some cosmic leash. I am my own master. Putting all of the scrolls away, Alexander simply nods goodbye. He then begins to head back in the general direction that the group had come. He pauses slightly, sending Rob a private telepathic message.
    Listen. I know that Elodin wanted to talk to Kvothe, and I can arrange that. For now, I have a multiverse to conquer. Are you willing to lend your expertise? We could do so much as allies. Alexander waits only a moment for the other Persona before making his way back through the Temple, levitating up through the hole and up the stairs, past the spirit in the hall and out the front doors. Taking a moment to breathe in the refreshing planar air, he thinks about the past several hours. There was much to be done now, so many things. How had he gone from idling his life away in some shop to coordinating a group of god-like beings? Rubbing his forehead slowly, Alexander allows his body to shift into its newer form. It still felt better this way, more natural somehow. A smile fits onto his face as he begins to walk towards his home. He would need one last thing before he left this plane.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-08-14 at 02:23 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

21. - Top - End - #351

"Mmmh hmmm.... Well, we could use some time to take leads, work on equipment, it would be better than rushing off to Earth immediately. But then again, I doupt where getting that much info."

Erik lazilly utilises Aleandrea's powers to telleport through the dungeon, leaving plenty of mirror images.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

"Conquest sounds fun. I'm in."
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

23. - Top - End - #353
    Halfling in the Playground

Tristan began his return to HQ, still upset that he'd taken too long to summon Leviathan.
    You'll get it next time, boss. Let's open with summoning instead of gauging the situation first. We've got power too!
    I guess you're right... I don't like flying in headfirst, but I think we can handle it.

He ran swiftly through the hallways of the temple, using everything at his disposal to move more quickly. The Invoker kept summoning his blink dagger and force staff, causing him to teleport unexpectedly or be propelled forward with little forewarning. Three purple orbs circled him, increasing his speed and dexterity immensely. When he reached the warmer, fresh air outside the temple, he took to the skies, flying much faster than he had in the confines of the temple below.
    If we're leaving Sigil soon, it might be best to work on finding a way to transport my summoning circle AND my lab materials. At the very least we've got to bring Bob with us.
    Will do.
    Last edited by mkfuba07; 2012-08-15 at 12:46 AM.

24. - Top - End - #354

Morcleon lets his mind relax, splitting into its separate splinters. He blinks a few times to clear his head and walks forward to take a scroll. With a flourish, it opens, and he quickly commits it to memory with the sharingan.

"Well then. We're back to six- ah, seven minds. Everyone good?"

A chorus of mental affirmatives answers his question and he smiles. "Good. It's time to get out of this dungeon. Our next personal goal to fulfill is to find the
    Pride of Hiigara. All we know is that it's on Earth somewhere. Maybe we could get the Lady to beam it up for us. If not, we can just hop over there and pick it up ourselves."

Reaching into his coat, he flips open the pocket watch that is the portable timeslip and opens a hole to the surface. He steps through, and the portal closes silently behind him.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Sooner or later the team members of Personae had finally met up with the Lady of Pain. She was waiting right outside the gates of the Temple. She somehow had telepathic knowledge of everyone that came out of the Temple. As she noticed the Personae all coming up out of the Temple, she smiled behind her mask.

"I am glad you have finally found out where you were to find the enemy. I have decided to reopen the Gate ways to and out of Sigil. Please accept my formal congratulations and gratitude. You may return to Earth now, whenever you are ready. Simply speak the commands that The Light has given you before you came here. Before you go, however, I recommend you rest for a while."
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2012-08-15 at 06:31 PM.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Conor's soul had reached the wall, between Life and Death. As water sloshed about his ankles, he felt a tugging that went beyond it, into his very psyche. It would be easy, so easy, to drift back and let the current catch him, to whisk away and lie behind the stars in eternal rest...

But no, there were things to do, places to go, and people to see. He would return here, eventually, to take the path of all things. For now he would return to his body.

As he pushed through the darkness, it enveloped him, wrapping around him until he could no longer sense anything around him, and then he woke up.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Upon opening the door into his laboratory, Alexander finds himself... disgusted.
    It is far too mundane! To think that several hours ago, I lived here in relative content, fixing broken artifacts and timepieces. Artifice is all well and good, but I could be doing a lot more with my natural talents, not to mention my new-found powers. Hmmm. Legato and Dante spoke of a plan, but I have yet to interrogate the Tyrant of Worlds. In the grey emptiness of the room, his gold-green eyes gleam before blinking twice in rapid succession. Everything changes in a flash, as usual. The austere laboratory turns into an equally austere mindscape. The skies remain grey, but the land has drastically changed. Instead of a city on the sands, the horizon is filled with buildings that seem to collapse upwards, on a lake that does not ripple. In the middle is the shrine, a pair of immense silvery horns that emanate a pale glow. The dragon would be somewhere close by. He spots Bolas lounging near the shrine, on an island of rock. Alexander floats next to him.
    Hello there. Aren't you looking -
    Shut up. I hate you, Persona, and I find rare cause to bother hating anyone anymore. The only reason I'm not currently picking your spine out from between my teeth is because you were smart enough to arrange these wards ahead of time. More to the point, I know full well you feel the same about me, no matter how you choose to doll up your words and trot them out like perfumed trollops. So perhaps we can save the pleasantries for those who actually care about them, and simply tell me what you want? Did you come here to gloat?
    No. I came here to ask you about the scheme you cooked up with the others. They were quite... cooperative in telling me, after a time. But from their accounts, you were the one running things. You omitted important details from a plot that I still feel has some merit. Except, of course, for the part where you rule over my body.
    Why should I tell you anything?
    Because I'll let you watch. You were emperor once. Won't it feel good, knowing that your powers have helped me do it again?
    There is a pause, ever so slight. Nicol Bolas, Elder Dragon Planeswalker, smiles to himself.
    Very well. The first step is in the town of Xenotime... The entire plot takes several minutes to explain in its entirety. As he listens to Bolas, Alexander finds himself smiling alongside the dragon. This was promising indeed - exactly what he was looking for. A sense of purpose fills him. Thanking Nicol for his time, Alexander's psyche is transported back into the Atrium. The reflective pool is as he left it. He hops in without a word, bringing himself back fully into his body.
    There must be a more efficient way of doing things. Hmm, what about simulacra? Once I get some mana, I will summon a few to run routine tasks within the mindscape, maintaining balance. They should do well. Taking in his surroundings, Alexander taps into the modest colorless mana of Sigil, forming one of his first mana bonds. The laboratory is formed into a separate spell - he could summon it as he chose, with his new colorless mana.
    Amestris, here I come. He disappears, leaving nothing behind him.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-08-15 at 09:34 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

28. - Top - End - #358

Erik sits, meditating in his small corner of the large base, speaking to himself with fluctuating voice.
    "Well.... Doing all I want could take days."
    "Really, all we need to do is shorten the stave and modify it to allow channelling."
    "That in itself is atleast a days work. Besides, I don't like the idea of playing around with artifacts of power. Let alone my stave."
    "You underestimate my abilities to aid him in the crafting process with my powers. And besides it would be cool."
    "I have long since had the idea of the 'rool of cool' beaten out of me."
    And now the suit joins in.
    "The theorised power boost would be enourmous. Our melle power would be undaunted, and the runes of guidence would allow for an increase in ranged accuracy. I will be able to compress most of my targetting routines."

They Talk a few more hours.
    "So the witchblade shall make of the blade then. Runes have been picked out and experimental ones formed. And mentally tested. I believe all is in order."

Erik moves on to the workbenches, the forges and other tools of Alric, the master runesmith, and begins a long peice of work, re-outfitted with newfound gear within the magic bad, and having access to a large (unknown in its volume) amount of resources.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Conor had expected coming back to be rather like waking up, because Astarael had lain him so gently to rest. This would not be the case. Already, the invisible Charter Mark on his forehead had begun to send magical electricity through the sensory nerves of his nervous system, lighting his body with an unreal glow. As the various geometrical shapes that made up the magic lazily spread throughout his body, they destroyed the tiny animals that even though finding home inside Conor's body for over 16 years, had now started to rip it to shreds in their hungry hordes. The electricity spread through the steel nerves too, that connected his hands and feet to his natural system. Flowing like tar, the magic knitted every part of him back together, plastic or flesh, however tiny the imperfections or defects.

And then it got to the end of the line. The yellow strands paused each time they reached a sensory nerve, glowing at the surface of the skin and under it. And then, when the last bit of magic reached the last sensory nerve, the entire charge ran back through his body using the motor nerves, striking his heart and brain, restarting everything. It was incredibly, astoundingly painful.

Conor lay there on the floor for a while, clutching his stomach as the memory of the wave of pain from every neuron he possessed receded. He awoke in a cold sweat, some time later, as the ache of coming back to life was diffused. He got up, stiffly, looking around at the destruction and gore, and condensation everywhere. He did a little walk around in a circle, taking in everything in the lonely, empty, cathedral. He called out, but no one was there to hear his hoarse voice. He bent to pick up Astarael, who's clapper was unnaturally sticking straight out in the center of the bell, against gravity. He hobbled over to the statue, growing stronger as he did so, and grabbed one of the scrolls, the only one remaining. He recognized it as an Elder Scroll, though, and knew that he should not read it. He instead clutched it in his left hand as he walked slowly out of the chapel, towards the building that was their base of operations.

30. - Top - End - #360

Jaime walks slowly through the door of the base, leaning heavily on the frame, after having essentially to flash stepped his way there. He stumbles over to a couch and collapses on it.Why am I so meget tired? The rest of them seem to be doing fine.

You've mostly been running on adrenaline since you got into the first fight, they've integrated more than you have, and the fact that we had to use our powers very heavily to stop you from dying didn't help matters.

On top of that, you're actually kind of out of shape. The integration process will help with that, and will eventually give you all of our powers in your normal state, but for now if you want to do anything power heavy you should probably shift to that persons form.

Slinging around the force, and magic, and fencing, all simultaneously, tends to do that to you. You have all of our skill and power, but you don't have our experience and judgement ingrained in you yet. You don't go all out immediately unless it's a boss or you know you have the stamina to do so repeatedly.

Thanks for the advice, then. I'll be sure to remember it the next time I'm fighting for my life.
    He stands up briefly to remove his gear and stow it in his hammerspace arsenal, before lying back down and rolling onto his side. Oh, and in case you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm.

We figured. We don't want you to die, kid. We might as well.
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2012-08-16 at 08:57 AM.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.