New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

End Of Battle
    Ganon!/Jake
    Jacob continued his maniacal laughter. Removing his sword from the impaled victim, he stepped forward with his massive sword, as the Fiends were covered in agonizing acid. It was not enough to more than moderately inconvenience them in normal circumstances. Unfortunately, for them, they were inconvienced enough to not see the reincarnated King of Evil step towards them with the Sword of Sages to decapitate one in one fell stroke. The other could not help but charge with idiotic adandon towards Jake, only to be split from the top of his head to his groin.

The combined efforts of the entire team had finally cut down a small army of very powerful diabolic fiends. Finally, a group of wandering adventurers managed to spot the Personae, and marvel at the sight. Fourteen Pit Fiends dead and mangled corpses, while the group was battered and bloody, it was an obvious triumph of superior power and team work, and although the Personae very nearly lost members, there weren't any true casualties after all.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2012-07-19 at 08:55 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

The last hour or so had been a very interesting time for Rob. He had been surfing the Playground forums, as normal, when he happened to select a link embedded in a pic he was interested in. Normally, this would be nothing out of the ordinary, but as he let his mind fly along the link, something happened. His mind was pulled, briefly, towards somewhere else. He had the sensation of being wrenched in two directions at once, and it was not pleasant. It was over in a moment, though, and and he found himself at a remarkably vivid error-404 screen. A light appeared in the top-left edge of his vision, spelling out the words '404_macro' in traditional cmd-style font. Part of his mind realized that he was somehow more... connected to the 'net than normal, but the majority of it was already eager to see where he would end up. He found himself at the blank, white area of a page in the process of loading. His thoughts strayed to what he had just experienced. It had seemed important, somehow. perhaps he should look at the error log and see whe-
    Then the page loaded. /r/aww.

At some point over the next ten minutes, he realized that there were more voices than usual in his head. The first to speak was female: Ah, free at last. Well, relatively free, I suppose... Wait, what's that? The comment seemed directed at Rob, but another voice answered. It's a cat.
    And what is it doing? Why are we watching it?
    Because it's cute, obviously. replied a third voice.
    But, wha... don't we have more important things to do?
    No.
    Bu-
    She doesn't understand the inate importance of cats.
    Amusing though the voices were, they distracted Rob from the more important thing at hand: cats and their adorable antics.
    Can you guys shut up? I can't hear myself think here. he interjected.
    Yeah, a bit of quiet would be much appreciated. noted a fourth, far more quiet voice.
    Fine. Here.
    Wait, what are you doing? Let me go!
    Can you just keep her held in the corner over there for a while?
    Gladly.
    They spent the next half-hour watching hologifs of kittens.

Alright, let's go see what that thing earlier was about. thought Rob. A few mental flicks brought him to his browser's error log, where he found an oddly formatted link. That must be it. I wonder where it goes...
    What is this system? It seems like clockwork... How does it work? asked one of the voices. This one was deeper, with a tone that suggested extreme wisdom and cunning, with a hint of refreshing insanity.
    Rob spend the next fifteen minuted giving it a crash course on how the 'net works.

When he got around to following the link, he found a simple site containing nothing but a recording. The server it was hosted on was strange, though. If his plugins were right, it had near infinite space and power. Its memory was filled with traces of overwhelming amounts of data, suggesting that it had been in use recently. He activated the video, watching as a group of seemingly normal people met with something that called itself 'Light'.

So, what now, friends? asked Rob.
    We should follow them.
    We should go find more pictures of cats.
    No, I agree with Eva. We should follow them. Let me take care of this, planeswalking is my specialty.
    Lead on, then. concluded Rob.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-07-19 at 09:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Above the carnage, the telepath watches with a slight frown.
    That should have worked. I suppose Pit Fiends aren't built like the average human, though. In either case, it might me more prudent for me to introduce myself. Letting his initial override signal fade, Alexander floats down to the ground near the other Personae. He lands next to one of the fallen fiends, smiling coldly at the corpse. Golden eyes sweep the scene, taking in each 'hero' one at a time. When he finally breaks the silence, Alexander's light, melodic voice can be heard only within the depths of each Persona's consciousness.
    Greetings. My name is Alexander Idrian. I've been watching for some time. I must admit, your fighting prowess is far more accomplished than I had expected. You're fun. May I inquire as to why you are here?
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-07-19 at 09:32 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

"Why is anything here? Because someone decided to screw with us.
    I'm Necron, I have the forms of ZEUS, Harry Potter, the Exile and Tom Lovett. Oh and please refrain from penetrating my mind with your telepathy, it brings up some bad memories for a few of us and is quite rude."
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

5. - Top - End - #125
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Now that you know where here because something just screwballed us. Who are you and what are you doing here?"

Erik remained in a defensive stance, quite willing to believe this person could be part of the demons group.

'i could try going into his mind... See if he is another opponent, or skim the future.... But somethings... Not right. I can't read him.'
    'Is he... Are we pathless?'
    'What?'
    'I'll agree with the dwarf here. What the heck.'
    'Well go on. What is Pathless?'
    Erik and Aleandrea thought together...
    'Sush. We'll explain latter.'
    'However, Eldrad, if you can get in quietly...'

Quite lightly, with centuries of experience and training coming to the fore. Eldrad began probing the very edges of the newcommers mind...
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacob/Ganonperson
    Jake reverts to a more human form. A handsome, dark skinned though red bearded man with tall stature and smiles. "Ganon, Shinnok, Mateus, and Hawke." He says seriously and politely. "Might I suggest that you refrain from glaring into the mind of three purely evil beings. Merely doing as you did now would be enough to drive you to insanity. Not to mention if you gather enough of my three evil souls'es attention." He continues his smile. "I myself would never wish you harm, though I cannot help what I was a few lives ago."

The Personas all wondered with suspicion at all of their fellows. A thought had come to them all, even Hawke. How much could they trust the others, even if they were united in common purpose. Oddly enough, despite Jacob not having a strong will, something was preventing him from falling prey to the evil of Shinnok, Ganon and Mateus combined. Hawke was of course a good sort, though he was outnumbered by three other souls.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2012-07-19 at 10:44 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Conor, winded, bruised in the stomach, scratched all over, ears ringing from the wand pulse, and burned from the Hell-embers still floating down on the scene, stumbles through the courtyard gates. He looks at Morcleon, "You still alive? Dang". He slows up, into a semblance of standing up straight, and turns his gaze over to Alexander. "Who the hell're you? And when did you get here, anyways?" He looks down, then, to his own stomach area. "Err, can anyone heal internal bleeding? I think I have, like, a lot of it..." Before tipping over and falling on the ground, unconscious.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

8. - Top - End - #128

Zombie

Jarez takes control as he waves his hands, casting Force Heal several times on the damaged man.
    "Weakling. That explosion was nothing, I could tak that with no armour. Unless that Wand did the damage. Hmm, I should ask when he gets up."

Sorry everyone

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Alexander's internal defenses go up immediately at Erik's mental encroachment, the iron will inherited from Sylar and Kvothe taking over almost instantaneously. The probing almost goes unnoticed, but Alexander has rebuilt his psyche to allow for very little wiggle room. The foreign nature of the Eldar seer was also a good hint.
    Damn, he's quite the telepath himself. I had better not let my guard, lest he slip in. Alexander sighs.
    "Very well. I usually prefer a more invasive style, but..." He shrugs simply, standing up to his full height in this form.
    "I believe that I am like you. Transformed, my true potential unlocked. In my head I have four beings as well. Rashek, the Terrisman who would go on to be the Lord Ruler of Scariel for over a millennium. Legato Bluesummers, an exceptionally powerful and antagonistic telepath. Kvothe the Kingkiller, in all of his broken glory. And of course there is Gabriel Grey the watchmaker, known to his peers as Sylar the killer." As he calls out each name, Alexander shifts into each form, displaying them to the Personae. Finally, he reverts to his original body.
    "I did mean it when I say I was impressed by the swordsmanship. And, looking around, I can see that your other powers are greater and much more terrifying. We've got sorcerers, psychics, and lost arts." Alexander nods.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-07-20 at 10:35 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Halfling in the Playground

Tristan was leaning against the wall, catching his breath after his little acrobatics show. He knew that he shouldn't be this tired, as any of his incarnations should have been able to handle that much exertion. Maybe his "integration" was taking a bit longer than he had thought...

Or, maybe, all of the physical and mental endurance that each of his incarnations had came from actual experience instead of inert talent. Yes, each of them had powers that would allow them to exceed normal human limits, but it took each of them years of training (maybe not Spiderman) to be able to sustain their talents for any period of time. While he has their powers and capabilities, his body and mind aren't yet strong enough to sustain them all. He'll have to work on it in his spare time to catch up to the others. "Great, of course I have more work to do..." he thought to no one in particular.

Was that jealousy he felt growing in himself? Or was his watercrafting passing someone else's feelings on to him? No, he had been blocking out those senses ever since their first meeting, back in cyberspace. This emotion was his own, and it was nothing new. Even as a normal human he felt this way about most people he met. He always focused on the negative of his own situation, while seeing only positives in others'. Who was he to think he knew everything that someone else was going through? Who was he to say how much someone else suffered or struggled?

"Kid, I know how you feel. I think you know how many times I felt powerless compared to the forces at work around me. If I could just do a little more, had a little more influence, I could do so much more. But after a while you learn. You have as much potential as you give yourself. And you have even more than normal. You're as clever as any of us, and eventually all of our potential will become yours."

"I just feel so frail and useless compared to the others..."

"You know better than that, boss. You've seen what we can do. Give it time and we'll be running circles around these guys. You know, not that it's a competition or anything."

"I don't understand why you feel a need to be what you are not. Alerans are some of the most resourceful, and strangest, beings I've ever encountered. Just when it looks like they're about to fail, they find a way to surprise you."

"Anyways, it looks like we have company."

He watched as a man descended from the sky, commenting on their fight, and asking why we were here. Tristan smiled a bit when the stranger told us that we were "fun," and found the others' reactions to his question to be satisfactory, so he didn't add to them.

He then saw Conor pass out and collapse to the ground.

"It looks like someone is not be as 'inhuman' as you think they are."

Tristan ran over to Conor, who was already being healed by Necron. He felt a connection to the boy, at least more so than he did to the others. It was probably the fact that Conor had potentially saved his life during his concussion. Though seeing another Persona so obviously struggling as he had was probably part of it. Either way, he earthcrafted a healing tub into the ground beneath Conor, and drew water up to fill it. He trusted Force Heal to heal as well as he did Cure, which meant that he put his faith in watercrafting for more delicate and complex wounds. After placing his hands to both sides of Conor's head and sending his senses out into the water to mingle with the furies, he found nothing more threatening than what he figured Force Heal could handle, but he sped up the recovery anyway.

He rose from his work to hear the rest of Alex's introduction. When he finishes, he extends his hand in greeting. "Well, it's always good to have another partner in this fight. I can't wait to see what you can do."
    Last edited by mkfuba07; 2012-07-23 at 12:01 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Rob had been wandering the streets for a while now. The initial shock of steping out into some back alleyway of a place completely foreign to him wore off quickly, fading into curiosity. As he wandered, the voices in his head continued to bicker, though it had become a bit one-sided. The deeper voice had sided with the more relaxed, almost rythmic one that if he remembered correctly had spoken up third. Together, they tended to advocate the less sensible courses of action, often leading him in random directions jyst to see what they could find. The female voice was far more reasonable. She was getting angrier, too, and Rob suspected that it wouldn't be long before a fight broke out in his head. The last voice, the quiet one, said nothing at all.
    He was just starting to get some idea of where he was when he heard some sort of commotion from behind the building next to him. The general consensus in his mind was to go check it out, so he ducked into a nearby alley. Luck was with him and he soon arrived at a small terrace overlooking a scene of carnage. The various persons he had seen conversing with Light earlier stood among what little remained of their opponents. It seemed that they had just been engaged in a conversation with a newcomer, a man with amber eyes. He decided to wait and watch, perhaps hide sonewhere...
    We're already hidden. I always had a hand for disguise.
    So he sat there, legs dangling over the edge, looking for all the workld like a potted plant.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-07-20 at 08:43 AM.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Ganon/Jacob
    "And now, gentlemen, unless we intend to recuperate, rest and heal our injured, we will need to continue our investigation. I can see something gleaming in the far off-distance of this ancient Temple, and so far, it's allure is quite appealing." The one known as Jacob stated. "I suggest that we consider our further strategies for plumbing the depths of this den of evil. Even I could have been as injured as Conor or dead if certain things happened in our first battle. If THAT was our first battle, with nearly fifteen Pit Fiends swarming us like giant mosquitos, we will need to be very careful about how we carry ourselves into this duty."

Jake turns to Conor. "Conor, are you alright? I noticed that part of you is still on the ground, even while you stand."
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2012-07-20 at 09:13 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Feeling the encroachment of yet another Persona in the form of Rob, Alexander smirks smugly and says nothing.
    Ah, I see we're not alone. Good. I would so very much hate to be bored for very long. The telepathy has proven to be quite useful. At Jacob's request for further strategizing, Alexander nods his assent. The Pit Fiends were no enemies to be simply shrugged off either.
    "I imagine some coordination is in order. Everyone here has different strengths. We can use Erik's considerable psychic prowess, as well as my own, to act as a sentience radar of sorts. It would take a very skilled telepath to hide from me." The last words are slightly raised, to ensure that Rob can hear them.
    "As for the rest, you seemed to handle yourselves quite well. Necron, you might want to be careful with your magics, as there seems to be an element of unpredictablity involved. Conor has power as well, although it is belied by a lack of staying power. Perhaps if he were to position himself in such a way that he could strike from afar, with minimal chance for injury?
    Centuries of leadership as Rashek seem to lend themselves to the situation, and as he speaks, Alexander finds himself burning reserves of Brass, subtly Soothing the emotions of the Personae (specifically, their pride or distrust). Those with mental defenses might not be affected, but it is unlikely that the others would notice in either case.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-07-20 at 10:30 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

14. - Top - End - #134

'Would be interesting to try. But not in a combat environment.'
    'I've got an Idea for replacing your runes since we had that stun... With this rune and Aleandrea's ability able to create light..."

The Persona of John speaks through Erik's mouth.
    "I can already pick up motion within 50m, the devils where only a surprise because they came through the portal. If you think you can sense further, go ahead, The other three within this one are currently talking shop about magic and they may end up able to help, but they will need a bit.... I'll be best as a hole plugger tactically."

Mentally, Eldrad gets ready to berate John that what she does isn't magic, but decides to just let it lie.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

15. - Top - End - #135

Zombie

"Hominum Revelio." Incants Potter, waving his stick around.
    "If anyone sees anything glowing it's a person, or a person pretending to be an animal."

Several more silent wand-waves later Harry is unsmellable, silent and covered in Death's cloak.
    "I'll be back, I'm going to scout out the area ahead."

OOC: Italics denote spells.

Sorry everyone

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Harry Potter Person

In the far-off distance, what seems to be more than 3 square miles of the deep Under-Temple of Tharizdun, the easily seen sheen of gold can be detected. There seems to be no life in this part of the Temple save for rats, bats, and some insects which manage to be maintained by the dungeon's ecosystem. Vines and green plants also cover parts of the floor in this odd religious shrine. Skeletons, the dead kind, and not the undead kind, cover parts of the floor, and rusted weapons, such as daggers, swords and axes are seen sticking through some of them. Some skulls are seen broken or cracked. You manage to see a strange fountain in the right side of the vast treasure room sheening with gold which provides the nourishment for the plant life here. Oddly enough, no stench of bat, rat or bug stain the sanctity which seems to come from this fountain.

Suddenly, a mysterious presence steps into the room and smiles. "Welcome. Too long I and this small sanctuary has been confined around a larger place of evil."

17. - Top - End - #137

Zombie

(I'm silent, odourless and wearing an invisibility cloak made by Death himself and can hide from him, who the hell can see me???)

"Hi, I'm Harry Potter. No offence but who are you? And how can you see through my Cloak?"
    The cloak comes off, reabsorbing back into ZEUS's weird body.

Sorry everyone

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

OOC: A spirit gaurdian.

"I am the gaurdian of these waters of life. For many millenia I have been suffering under the oppression of many evils within this Temple. I have been awaiting those worthy to take from the treasures of this sanctuary and to partake of the waters of life. Your friends out-there will need my help to fight the threat to The Lady's reign which lies below."

He out-stretches his hand. "This hand has been tending to the Sanctuary for thousands of years. It has fought evil for just as long. It has suffered and caused blood-shed." He outstretches the other. "This hand has been made to only bring blessing and life. Do not starve this hand. It is all I have left out of an immortal existence of pain and suffering."

"I am immortal. Immortals are not meant to age and wither."

"If I am left in this place to wither much longer, I will die.'

'Partake of the waters of life, Personae. Partake of the waters of life and breathe in that which is beyond mortal ken. Souls await you. From within the bowels of the Cosmos and beyond lie the Wells of Souls. You have found one of the holiest Sanctuaries in the multiverse. Should you succeed in ousting the evils far below this Sanctuary, you will save me, yourselves, and Sigil."

19. - Top - End - #139

Zombie

"I thank you for your blessing ancient one. I will do what I can to rid these temples of evil. It's my job after all."
    Harry smiles as he waves his wand, sending a Patronus message.
    He then does what was offered.

with the others
    A glowing white stag, radiating positive emotions canters out and speaks with harry's voice
    "I have meet a spirit of water inside, come and see, the way is clear."

Sorry everyone

20. - Top - End - #140

Tristan walks along the corridor, cautious despite the patronus's assurance that the path was safe. He reached the treasure room without incident, though he remains a bit anxious. There's only one spirit that he fully trusts, and that one was sitting on a shelf in his lab back at headquarters. As he approaches the fountain, he gets filled in by Necron.

"A water guardian? Let us test its sincerity."

Tristan dips his hand into the fountain, sending his furies to mingle with those in the water. He quickly realizes that attempting to manipulate the waters would be a horrible mistake that he would not survive. The unlimited well of power he felt swirling in the pool and beyond was unimaginable. What he could discern was that the spirit had been truthful, and the water would not harm him. He withdrew his senses, in slight awe of what he had discovered.

"Well, here goes nothing," he said, as he plunged his cupped hands into the water and took a quick gulp.
    Last edited by mkfuba07; 2012-07-23 at 12:01 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Conor wakes up, spluttering back to consciousness, shaking off water. "Thanks, uhh" He looks around at who was healing him, "Tristan. And... Necron" He trails off as Necron puts on his wizard enchantments to go scouting. He turns back to the group, patting his stomach with his right arm, making sure everything was nice and proper. Everything seemed back to normal. "Thank you very much, he says to Tristan. In real- that is, back in regular life- I know most people wouldn't survive something like that. Which... is scary. So thanks again" He looks up at Jacob's statement, and then back down at the ground, where his left arm still laid, apparently about to serve some surgical function before supernatural healing had taken its place.

Uuuuuhhhhhh, Kimiko?
    Yes, it was going to operate if it had to. Good thing it didn't. We should get it reattached. Just, hold it up to the socket and let the foglet programs handle the rest.

Conor grabs the arm and puts the upper bicep up to his shoulder socket. Within seconds, a tiny flickering light appears on the arm, red. He moves it closer to the socket, and rotates it slightly. The light turns green. After holding it there for a few moments, grey strands of metal stretch across the gap and drag the arm into place. Within seconds, the control surfaces on the arm flex, all the joints rotate around and swivel back to the neutral position, at which point Conor regains control of his arm.

"Okay. I have an idea. Let's never do that again. Ever. First thing's first, I'm keeping the Wand with me-"
    "-damn straight, I told you givving it up wwas a terrible idea-"
    "-Shut up, Eridan. So, yeah, its staying with me, and I think having some of the tougher guys out in front scouting like Necron is doing right now is much better than having the less powerful of us charge in, too".

Then he is cut off again, as Harry's stag pops up, stating its message. Tristan follows it. Sighing, Conor follows where him, drawing the WWan -Imean- Wand and holding it in front of him as he goes. He also warns Tristan to be careful. He feels rather close to Tristan, who seems intelligent, and also maybe similar to him, a bit less powerful then some of the others, like Erik the tank and Necron the unkillable wizard-virus. Soon enough, he arrives at the fountain with Tristan, and hears Necron's message. Tristan bends down for a drink. Conor holds off, for now, Lirael commandeering his head for a sniff and look around.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lirael is smelling for the smell of Free Magic. This would most likely encompass any magic in the area not bound into a shape by spells or incantations. It smells like metal, so your hands after you've fumbled with change or similar.
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-07-21 at 12:47 AM.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

22. - Top - End - #142

Zombie

'Well this is new.' commented a new voice
    'I'm Danny Fenton. Or phantom depending on if I've gone ghost or not. Here I'll share the memories with you.'
    Several flashes of memories later the whole group was up to speed on each other.

"Well this is interesting. A general, a virus, a boy who lived, a trained assassin and a half-dead ghostboy? What next, Batman?"

Sorry everyone

23. - Top - End - #143

As he stepped back from the fountain, what appeared to be wisps of light rose from the ground and began to circle lazily around Tristan. Their "bodies" appeared as a bright white, while prismatic tails followed in their wake. They surrounded him, obscuring his vision of the room, and began sinking into his skin.

"Did anyone else see what just hap-"

"They are called pyreflies, and are associated with the lifeforce of all beings in the world. Or, at least, those from my world," a gentle, feminine voice uttered softly in his head.

"Pyreflies? Like from Spira? Who exactly are you, then?"

"I am Summoner Yuna, of Besaid. I suppose I'm actually High Summoner Yuna, though I have never been called so in life."

"Well Yuna, I know you're no stranger in the fight between good and evil. There are forces threatening all of the worlds, and we could really use your strength."

"I do not know how I got here, but I will help however I can."

There was a tinge of regret in her voice, and a desire for retribution, but beneath that he saw a glimpse of hope. Tristan decided not to delve too far into her emotions at the moment. It must be jarring to be torn from the afterlife and thrust into someone else's body, or mind, or whatever the amalgamation of souls had now become. He'd be filled with unease as well. She'll become more comfortable in time, he hoped.

"Well Yuna, we're glad to have you along." As his incarnations introduced themselves, Tristan looked around the treasure room, as the others took their sip from the Well of Souls.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Following the others into the depths of the temple, Alexander takes his surroundings. Everything here seemed too... tidy, even for such blatant negligence. His tin-enhanced ears listen to the words of the spirit guardian. At the promise of more souls, Alexander can feel the hunger take control. He speeds up, his steel-mind draining as he makes a dash for the Well.
    I must have more.
    As he gulps down the water, Alexander feels the approach of another, a woman of great power and age. She is preceeded by a harrowing laugh.
    Oh, it feels wonderful to be free of death once more! The universe seems to have given me another body to dominate. Yet more proof that Equivalent Exchange is but meaningless garbage.
    Alexander knows her already: her name is Dante. Mistress of homunculi, manipulative genius, and one of the most powerful alchemists of her realm. Apparently, she is unaware that this body is already inhabited. It was time to give the old woman a lesson in manners.
    As host, allow me to offer you my personal welcome. My name is Alexander. I hope you enjoy your stay. As he speaks, Alexander builds yet another partition, using some of Dante's last memories: a city, ruined and abandoned beneath the earth. Without waiting for a response, he casts Dante's consciousness into it and bolts the door shut. Time enough to master alchemy later. For now, he needed to be alert. After all, the spirit had mentioned a great evil.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-07-21 at 10:28 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Zeus
    Jacob took a refreshing gulp of water, and for a little while it seemed like nothing was happening. A few seconds passed and he noticed no change. That was, until mysterious blasts of lightning slammed into him. As Ganon he had thought it just may harm him greviously, ecspecially since he could tell somehow that the source of the lightning was divine, but curiously, rather than cause him harm, he merely felt it enter his body, as if it was a part of himself. That's when Zeus arrived. The presence of Jake's spirit felt the arrival of another soul, this one was different from the others. A proud, powerful being of the Olympian Pantheon. Once it's master and King, Zeus, the god of the Sky had come to enter into Jake's body, and spirit as one of his incarnations. Jake had felt the presence of the awe-inspiring deity enter him, and was in so much unusual feeling, he didn't notice he had been knocked against Sanctuary walls. Nevertheless, there seemed to be no harm done.

This was just an unusual joining. The man, appearing to be very muscular, although white bearded and moustached with long hair, finally gave a formal greeting. "I am Zeus, the god of the Sky. I am glad to have finally been brought here."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

Kate stared at the water, thinking. Objectively, of course, drinking was the obvious choice. More knowledge, more power, better odds of successfully apotheosising reality into a perfect utopia beating Yog-Sothoth, IT, The Dark Continuum, Adam, whatever.

But....some of her companion were clearly time-bombs. Ganon, Sylar, ZEUS....odds were good that her past lives' vast experience with fighting eldritch abominations, evil overlords, murderous psychopaths, and so on would be getting a solid workout on more than just her designated opponents. Could she really afford to risk it?

"Yes, we can. We need whatever help we can get; we can handle it. You are not alone in this."

"Yep. We're pretty strong, we won't be overwhlmed if there's trouble with the new guy. And we probably need those powers."

"Gaining new Personas is an accomplishment, a mark of enormous training and personal advancement. And we're being offered that essentially for free, with minimal downsides."

"Preparation is key. The more tools we have, and the stronger we are, the more likely victory becomes."

'....so what I'm hearing is an overwhelming victory for team "drink the magic-y soul-water and get another voice in our head". Aight, here goes nothing....' She bent to drink.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

27. - Top - End - #147

Jaime's day had started pretty normally. He got up, logged onto the playground forums, spent a few hours looking around and talking to people. Things pretty much went downhill from there. About two hour after he logged in, everything disappeared. All the people, al the rooms, all the effects and landmarks people had created. Shortly thereafter, a door appeared, with five figures standing in front of it. One was a tall imposing figure wearing a mask, one was a large black man holding a cavalry saber, one was a tall imposing figure wearing some kind of armor, one was wearing a long brown duster, and one was a dandy in a pink checkered suitjacket, but with an air of confidence that made him seem deadlier, or at least more threatening, than most. Jaime looked at them all for a second, then blurted out, "I recognize you all!"
    The masked one stepped forward then, pulling off his mask to reveal a smiling, but rather normal looking man with shoulder-length brown hair."As well you should child. My name is Revan, former dark lord of the sith. While none of us are quite sure how we got here, I expect the others will want to introduce themselves shortly, as it seems like we'll be here for a while, but for now it will suffice to say that we are here to offer our talents to help you with a task." He steps back after this, and the other three move forward to take his place.

"And mine is Howl Jenkins Pendragon, Royal court magician, at your service."

"Commander Shepard, Systems Alliance. I'm probably the best fighter in your head right now."

"Malcolm Reynolds, captain of the Serenity."

The biggest guy in the group of three moves to the front, shakes Jaimes hand, and says with a slight russian accent, "I am Sanya, Knight of the cross, wielder of esperacchius. We'll be going more in depth with you regarding our powers later, but now you need to go through the door."

"Why do I have to do that?"

"Because people need your help on the other side. Is that not reason enough?"

"I guess so." Jaime says, then walks up to the door and puts his hand on the handle, staring at the door. He hesitates for a few seconds, takes a deep breath, then opens the door and walks through into a dimly lit stone hallway. "Well, that was anticlimactic," he mutters to himself, and sets off down the hallway towards what looks like a glowing fountain with a group of people surrounding it.
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2012-07-22 at 10:54 AM.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

As each of the others made their way down, Rob lept down from his vantage point. Assuming the guise of a tasteful shrubbery. Making his way down the halls after the other Personae, he found himself just outside the fountain room. A quick meeting was called in his mind, and a course of action decided on.
    A moment later, he stepped into the room, his illusory guise causing him to appear as an elderly man in a grey janitor's uniform carrying a mop in one hand and a bucket in the other. While the mop was simply part of the illusion, the bucket was real, summoned using the cityscape's mana at the guidance of the deeper voice. Whialing a jaunty tune, ('charcoal pheonix' to be exact,) he strode into the room in a nonchalant manner, ignoring the others. He quickly filled the bucket at the fountain, then turned and made his way back into the entry hall. As soon as he thought he was outside the viewing range of the others, he returned to the guise of a shrubbery and drank from the bucket.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Finally, after hesitating for a long while, Conor thought it best to drink. He needed to be stronger, even at the cost of a bit of his sanity. And after his discussion with the other voices, maybe they could help quell it if it was some kind of beast like ZEUS or Ganon.

Even so, he made a cup out of Charter Magic, which would instantly dissolve if he lost concentration, and took a sip, with an anticipatory grimace.

Hmm. Nothing.
    wwell wwhoop dee friggin do. noww, wwere probly gonna get some kinda disease from drinkin this wwater. that wwould certainly fit in wwith our luck so far.
    This doesn't make sense. Why would everyone else get a new voice when we don-
    H-Hello?, says a new voice, with a kind of British accent attached.
    Oh, hi. Welcome to Conor's mind. I don't think we've met, but we don't really need to, seeing as how we are the same person.
    Oh, er, well, wait what? I don't understand. My name is Eleanor. Eleanor...Lamb, though I'm not very proud of my family name. I come from a place, called Rapture.
    My name is Kimiko Ross, roboticist. Nice to meet another of my selves.
    hey there, my name's Eridan Ampora. I'm a sea dwweller, wwhich means I'm basically royalty.
    And I am Lirael, an Abhorsen, which I suppose is kind of an anti-necromancer, and also a Remembrancer, which means I can see into the past to find things out.
    Oh. I, er, see. Well, nice meeting you all, though I heard someone say we're all the same person?
    We are. We are all separate incarnations of the same soul, spread throughout the multiverse. Right now, we're trying to stop the Dark Gods from swallowing everything, along with everyone else you can see through my eyes. We all have our special powers and what-not. Currently, we are all inhabiting my body, which so far has meant that I have control. In an emergency of course, one of you could certainly wrest the controls away. But as long as there is no present danger, I'd like to be able to control myself without falling down due to 5 minds trying to act with 1 body.
    Alright then, I suppose.
    Good, everything's settled.

And then a piercing pain rips through Conor's middle. //It has been taking a lot of abuse lately, no?// He puts a hand there, trying to feel what hurts, when it vanishes with a pop. He feels something weird going on with his eyes. When he looks at his reflection, he sees that they've turned entirely yellow, no pupils or anything. He takes off his glasses, as they only make his vision blurry now. Well, would you look at that! He feels tougher, too. And faster. In fact, he just feels better. A thousand tiny injuries, imperfections in muscles, deficiencies deep in the genes of his cells were cured with the tonic of ADAM. He'd played Bioshock. He knew what this was. And he had every Plasmid now, thanks to Eleanor. He let lightning crackle from his fingertips, lightning that was biological in origin, rather than magical. That could have a use. He could make things set on fire with a glance, pick things up and throw them without even getting close to them, anything he wanted. This was power. This was what he needed.

Wait, was that a janitor just now?
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-07-22 at 12:28 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Alexander takes note of the other Personae's entrance and subsequent drinking from the pail, his telepathy and empathy taking note of the same mental signature from outside the temple.
    So he can shapeshift. Interesting. Or is it an illusion? No matter, he seems to be harmless for now. Best to just wait and see what happens. In the minutes of silence, Alexander finds himself contemplating his newest ability. Alchemy. With this, he could amplify his Allomantic and Feruchemical powers a hundredfold! Dante was one of the best: she had been there for the creation of the Philosopher's Stone. Of course, he himself needed no such trinket. In the half darkness, he smiles, wondering what fun new toys everyone else had acquired. Perhaps it was best to press on and find out.
    "So, great one, could you please elaborate on the nature of this evil? I'm so very interested in seeing what this place has in store." The rudeness in his voice is definitely present, but subtle, under the surface.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-07-22 at 03:09 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.