New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

You don't have any problems with holy water, do you Eva?
    No, of course not.
    Just garlic?
    Yes, and even that only annoys me. You know, I've been feeling some major deja-vu. You remember that time in Kyoto?
    Yep, yep. Heh. I suppose we know that if everything goes wrong, we can just fall back on you, eh? I mean, you sealed that thing back up like it was no problem.
    That's because it wasn't a problem, kiddo. But we really shouldn't go rushing in there ourselves. These guys need to learn a bit for themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Erik Nods, taking hold in two of the vials, holding them gingerly in one palm.
    'I think we might prefer to keep our hands empty.'
    'No. We use these after the other incantation, one in a burst should we see an oppertunity, and one when we see something big enough. One can never underestimate the power of items believed holy.'
    "Well then. Is shall begin the incantation and hold it. Open the door when we are ready, I have already picked out a place to land the blast..."

Erik began standing back towards the middle of the room, and then begins speaking.
    The incantations are ancient and yet highly adaptale, drawing energy from the caster and the environs. Slowly, Erik begins layering on layers of Eldritch and Ellemental energy into a highly compact ball, and then Eldrad starts to layer on Psychic energy, compacting the ball further and adding to it's power, she alswo drew power from the staff, further enhancing the psychic power.
    She decided to take a while and make sure it worked, worked well, and killed.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Halfling in the Playground

Tristan takes two of the vials, storing them in different inner pockets of his duster. These should augment our already-strong holy magic nicely.
    Yuna, do you have a rod to use? We could probably find one back at headquarters, but for now all we have is Dresden's staff.

The staff is a bit heavier than I am used to, but it will work until we can get another one. If it is able to channel, then it should be fine. I do not know if it will be capable of summoning, but I will definitely be able to support you with white magic.
    Alright, then. Let's get started.

He walked to each of the Personae in turn and, with their permission, started casting various protective spells on them. Haste, protect, shell, and all the null elements just in case. "If any of your abilities require you to infuse yourself with some elemental power, tell me so that I don't accidentally negate it on you. That's fire, lightning, water, and ice in this case. Oh, and if there's anyone going out on the front lines who thinks that they might need a second chance, I can spare an Auto-Life on one of you. I'm saving the rest of my energy for the fight."

As he finishes up, a thought occurs to him. Almost as an afterthought, he asks, "Is anyone interested in going berserk?"

(OOC: I've given myself indigo for thoughts and voice. There was too much plain black imo :D)
    Last edited by mkfuba07; 2012-08-01 at 07:34 PM.

4. - Top - End - #274

Jaime was pushed back from Necron momentarily as the press of demons increases, but manages to let off a quick jet of force that lets him regain ground. "It was quite a bit like yours, with the way you described it. I got backstabbed by Malak, Bastila rescued me, jedi council wiped my mind, sent me on a quest for five macguffins. Through the course of it I got some of my memories back, found out I was basicaly retracing my steps. I ended up destroying the star forge, killed Malak, redeming Bastila after she fell, hailed as a hero of the Republic, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. I'd like to talk more once we get done with this skirmish, but until then it's been good to see you again," he says. After he gets done talking, he lets loose a few force pushes into the horde and then charges in.
    Sanya, I need you to activate esperacchius for me. I'll need the faith stuff to fight the demons effectively.
    Da. Get Revan to relinquish control of that hand and I'll do it.
    Revan. Out. Now.
    Your wish is my command host. I've integrated enough that your ability to fight should not be diminshed.

Esperacchius flares to light as Jaime returns to reality, and he raises it over his head in preparation to charge, but quickly realizes that the fight ended while he was in his head. He lowers his weapons and shifts back to his normal form of a tall teen, with most of his weapons disappearing. He looks around, realizing that all of the other personaes had already gone down the hole. He sprints over, dropping down and catching himself with a small gust of wind summoned up by Howl, just in time to see the last few seconds of the conversation with John Doe, and their discussion of what to do now. He walks over just as Alexander suggest splitting up into three groups. Jaime says, "I would probably work best in the distraction group. Most of my powers are of the shock and awe variety." He snags a couple potions of holy water out of the air and deposits them in his coat pocket.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

After receiving protective charms from Tristan, and applying a few short-lived enhancements for Nehima, Conor walks up to where Erik is focusing on Epic Magic, in front of the massive cathedral doors.

"If its destruction you're looking for, than look no further"

He brandishes the Wand, and then turns it on. The roiling sphere of elemental magic, already looking very compacted and dangerous, now begins to glow with Hope energy. Soon, only occasional flicks of the elements within the ball could be glimpsed from around the blinding light. Drawing Nehima with his right hand, and keeping the Wand out in his left, he said at last:

"Fire away".
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacob's Assault Plan
    Thinking at first that it might be a good idea to assault the enemy as a massive demonic giant of thirteen feet tall, with very super human strength. A massive green, ridged headed Oni that Shinnok could transform into as a god. Since this specific demon was divine in nature, an oxymoron to be sure, he would be immune or at least heavily resistant to divine attacks of any kind. In addition to massive strength and tremendous resistance to physical damage, Jinnok, as Jacob humerously refers to himself to Shinnok, Ganon, Mateus, Hawke and Zeus, possessed the rediculously sized Sword of Olympus. "Here goes nothing." With the voice of Shinnok, the god of death charged into the melee against the Hell Knights and others. "Bow before your god." Shinnok demanded.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2012-08-01 at 09:30 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277

Devistation Unbound

'There is a reason that this spell is called a Hell Ball.' Erik thought, as he launched it over the shoulders of Jacob and amoungst the demon horde, letting a single vial follow through its trail.
    'It has all the fury of it...'

And then the ball detonated.

The room was suddenly filled with a casscade of white hot fire, lightning, acid, ice shards well bellow 0C, Thrown as far as possible by a burst of psychic power that unleashed a storm of kinetic energy and tore through the minds of the affected. The building shook and small cracks appeared everywhere, and the stones directly under the blast became compact powder. And at the same moment, the Shockwave was filled with some of the utmost representations of good, the shockwave wasn't clear, but the pure white light of hope and blessing.

Were one to say a god stopped by to smite everybody in the room they would be a little accurate. Aleandrea was as potent as the weakest gods, and up there with demi-gods.
    And she was supported by the magic of others.
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well this guy seems to like telling everyone what to do.
    Were you perhaps expecting something else? The man clearly has a near-pathological need for control. His plan is tactically sound, but I am worried that will not be the first that Idrian proposes.
    Remember what I said, Victor. Sometimes there is more going on than your observations can capture.
    For all her pointed ignorance, Sam remains concerned. Were they really going to form a plan in advance? This just doesn't seem like the group to attempt it. Sam moves towards the other Personae, stealing a look at the stone doors as she does so. Her armor is surprisingly quiet, the muffle glamour covering up the worst of the scraping.
    "If you like, I can hang back for support. I have several area effects and I have some good protection magic. Also, it might be a good suggestion to set up a telepathic network between the teams. That way, everyone can talk to one another."
    Last edited by TheAntiplanar; 2012-08-02 at 06:29 AM.

Winner of the MtG card design contest 'Winner is the Judge', Week 5!

9. - Top - End - #279
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Sweeping the cloak over himself Necron jumps upwards into the roof, Duplicates grabbing anyone else coming with him.
    A second later he drops silently, stabbing an invisble sharp spike into the brain-stem of a demon, taking his form as the Cloak was reabsorbed, the only sign is a slight stiffening of the victim for a moment before ZEUS steps in and perfectly impersonates the absorbed demon, utilizing his memories and knowledge on what to do.

(OOC: Absorbing knowledge on what the Ritual does, and how to perform my piece of it. As well as how to subtly sabotage it, I hope)

"First Cultist Consumed." informed a Duplicate, standing next to the distraction team as a relay.
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Rob, still standing at the top of the hole, begins tapping his foot impatiently. He gestures downward to Kate with his eyes. Any day now.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sliding in after the Hellball, Conor focuses a blast of Hope directly at the center of the explosion, changing it into a shaped charge, focusing all of the destructive energies in one direction. The others, as they ran into the old, dark, cathedral, were safe from the raging elements. He then sheathed the Wand and began to use speed to his advantage. He started to jump, from pillar to pillar, ugly statue to terrifying gargoyle, trying to use his powerful legs as much as he could, until he met the Hell knights. Then, he just unleashed his sword, flying between the enemies, cutting at everything he could reach.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. I suppose some actual tactics were too much to ask for. Still, it is not comforting to realize that my teammates are morons. Alexander makes a mental note to watch Erik for any more impulsive behavior in the future. For now, however, the damage has been done. The doors are already open, and several Personae have slipped through. Alexander thinks for a moment, before turning to face those in the chamber.
    "We can salvage this! The stealth team is already en route, as well as several of the distraction team members. I will join them on the field, and try my best to keep everyone unharmed. In the meantime, we will all still need support and a rear guard. Do your best." Saving his long winded speeches for another day, Alexander turns back towards the entrance. He can hear the sound, the low beat of murder growing in his heart. For the first time in a while, Alexander finds himself in a state of anger. Crushing his teeth, he begins to play out his tactics in advance.
    First: the bendalloy. It will provide a temporal field wherein to attack and defend from. Second: telekinesis. A protective barrier against enemy encroachment, and an alternate means of attack. Third: lightning. Chain pattern would be ideal, but high value targets will demand more attention. Fourth: disintegration. This will serve as my primary attack against the Hell Knights, as I am sure that they are resilient to other offensive avenues. Fifth: contingency items. The holy water and the remainder of my atium supply will serve in this scenario. I'm still missing something... Ah, of course! In the midst of his time bubble, Alexander draws his sword. Running his hand down the length of the blade hurts, leaving a trail of blood behind. However, the metal is changed, the composition of the blade alchemically transmuted.
    Cold iron. Overall, the blade will lose some durability, but it is a potent weapon against Fiends. He walks through the doors, a lightning clad blur to everyone around him. His sword is drawn, and his right arm is out, dissolving the demons around him. There is rage in his eyes.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-08-03 at 07:42 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

13. - Top - End - #283

Tristan had just finished buffing his allies and was about to begin on himself when Jacob burst into the Cathedral, shortly followed by the luminescent Hellball. His eyebrows rose and his mouth gaped open, rendered speechless at the complete abandonment of organized planning.
    Alllllright, it looks like we're going in ahead of schedule.
    We can handle your protection as you enter the room, so fire at will, boss!

Following Alexander through the short hallway, he gripped his staff in his right hand, and his left hand was held level in front of him, ready to call a shield into existence at the first sign of danger. He felt cool enchantments coating his skin, the shell and protect spells blending to give him a constantly shifting red and green hue. Red, blue, white, and yellow orbs began spiraling around his body, ready to intercept and absorb their equivalent elements should a threat present itself. Finally, a tiny angel of light appeared above him, slowly fading away until all that remained was a bright halo encircling his head. He imagined that he must be quite the sight.

He shielded his eyes as the Hellball detonated, protecting his night vision as best he could. When he reached the entryway, his left hand shot out, firing a string of web at what would be the top segment of the doorway, were there a door. His forward momentum carried him out into the room and then curved directly upward. He severed his webbing and was launched into the air, coming to rest on the ceiling of the Cathedral. From here he could survey the battle and decide where his powers could best be put to use.

14. - Top - End - #284

"So, I suppose this is the boss fight, if you will, of this dungeon? Wonderful..." Taking the two proffered vials of holy water, Morcleon slips them inside his coat. He walks forward and stands to one side of the entrance. "Alright, this is it. The Temple of Tharizdun final battle. What do we have going for us?"

"Chakra stores barely touched. Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi should be easily accessible, and Susanoo is at the incomplete stage."

"The Gift should still be useable for a while. The Sight is up, and the portable timeslip is fully charged."

"I've begun analysis on the demons' tactics and strategy. You should be able to avoid most of their attacks."

"Sensory abilities at full. If anything major is happening, I'll be sure to tell you."

"The Sixth Key is working, although it's not Saturday now. My magic is at full capacity. I believe I can blend our minds into one unit for a short time. It should help with coordination of abilities."

"Really? That's awesome. Do it." Morcleon shuts his eyes as Saturday's magic washed over him. A feeling of completeness, a blending with his former selves, comes to him. Not just Zach, Sasuke, John, Thrawn, Karan and Saturday. A loss of individuality, but into an entity greater than they had been. They were simply Morcleon. "It seems the procedure was successful. It's a shame it won't hold out for very long."

With one hand, he draws his sword, imbuing it with a sheath of lightning. With the other, he takes out the Sixth Key, glowing a deep, pulsating green. Dashing after the hellball and Hope, Morcleon leaps into the melee, sharingan spinning, seeing the future of his enemies. His blade cuts into them, and the Key writes out devastating spells on the fabric of reality. "Ahaha! Don't you see, demons? Today you die."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Rob, still standing at the top of the hole, begins tapping his foot impatiently. He gestures downward to Kate with his eyes. Any day now.
    As Joshua picks his way through the wreckage of the battlefield. He see's a lone figure, standing over some sort of hole.
    Oh look! Company. Dante chuckles. Joshua waves at the figure:
    "HELLO!!!!I'M LOOKING FOR A BUNCH OF PEOPLE WITH A BUNCH OF OTHER PEOPLE STUFFED INSIDE OF EACH OF THESE PEOPLE, CAN YOU HELP ME?"
    Narian Wolfe

Narian speaks in Deep sky blue

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yep. I'm one of them. Kate here is another. The rest of us are down the hole, fighting. I'm sure if you run down now, you can get a few kills in. I think there might have been some semblance of a plan at some point, but it's all gone to hell (metaphorically, of course,) by now. Jump right in. Oh, and I'm Rob, by the way. You?"
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Dwarf in the Playground

The newcomer nods his head at Rob, before sticking his hand out:

"I'm Joshua. And I'm not interested in jumping into the action at the moment."
    Oh C'mon! Dante protested loud enough to make Joshua cringe. Joshua looks about and then returns his gaze to Rob. A painful smile on his face.
    "I'm sorry, Dante likes to voice his opinion, the rest of them are smart enough to give advice where needed and keep their thoughts to themselves." Running a hand through his hair, he motions to Rob:
    "So who is locked up in your head with you?"
    Last edited by Lonewolfe208; 2012-08-02 at 07:17 PM.
    Narian Wolfe

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, the usual. A mastermind, a crazy man, a trueblooded vampire, a Singer, and a human-data interface. You?"
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground

"A son of a Demon, The Sith'ari, Han Solo's son, Taskmaster, and a furyan warrior." Joshua smirks.
    Narian Wolfe

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sweat beaded on Erik's forehead and temples. The others were discussing strategy, or something. He couldn't really tell. It was already taking a lot of effort to maintain the Hellball, and then Conor added Hope magic to it... He was straining to control it, and he felt the energy bucking between his hands, seeking to escape its magic prison. But he could hold it, and he would. About thirty seconds later, he wasn't so sure.

And then Jacob, in the form of Shinook, charged, blasting through the doors and into the vaulted temple.

"W-what-?", Erik stammered. It was too late now, his concentration broken. The Hellball began to expand in his hands...

"NO", he shouted, aware of exactly how powerful this spell was. Instead of allowing it to detonate, he quickly shot it through the gaping doors after Jacob.

Heads turned, minds thought, souls in unison realized. And then all hell, pardon the pun, broke loose. Conor ran through the doors, several people cried exclamations, some reflexively protected themselves. They were all in for a rough patch in just a moment.

Conor was acting faster than he ever had before, his limbs moving like he was in a dream, other people shouting in slow-motion. As soon as he cleared the doors, he took in the glimmering, expanding sphere that was the Hellball, directly above Jacob, far too close to not obliterate the doors and harm the party. And there was only one thing he had that could change its course. In an instant, his left hand rose and pointed the Wand towards the ball. It did not need to be aimed perfectly. He was too rushed, too hurried to fully realize a power control, he just shoved as much as he could through the tiny stick and towards the ball. He had massively underestimated the true power of the Wand. Instead of thunder, this ray produced an extremely high, screeching whine, as it shot forward, bent in midair and nailed the Hellball, direct center. There was a moment when the ball appeared to mushroom around the beam, before it hit the point of no return and spiraled outwards in a cone-shaped bubble, engulfing everything in front of it.

Everyone outside would have sworn some kind of Earth magic was being used. The stone beneath their feet buckled and jumped, the ceilings shook, the walls and pillars made a terrifyingly severe groan under the stress. And in that same moment, the party charged.

Well, except for Rob, Josh, and Kate. They were having a nice conversation, among the bits of falling mortar and the floor shaking like it was a car hood above a running engine.

Spoiler
    Show
    It begins. Posting next weaveposts in just a moment. Please do not post anything IC. Thank you.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The Cathedral of Tharizdun

Necron-At the shudder and crack of the stone, Necron realizes that any attempt at planning is beyond borked. Instead of doing that, he phases through the stone (above the doors, seeing as how that entrance will probably get him murdered) and tries to hide in the shadows of Cathedral's upper reaches. But there aren't many shadows to hide in. The whirling, raging, blast of the elements below lights up the entire place, flickering light passing over hideous gargoyles, infernal crenelations, and ornate diabolic art daubed on every wall. He sees the Blood Lord, hand held in front of himself, a shield passing the Hellball to either side. And he sees Hell Knights getting engulfed and bowled over like pedestrians in a tsunami. As he dodges and dips towards the evil altar, around which the enemies are centered, the light dies away, leaving puddles of acid, patches of flame, shards of ice, and shattered stone everywhere. He jumps on one of the farthest away demonic fighters, slinking inside it and reaping its mind over to him.

Jacob- Uncaring of the raging fires above him, Shinook!Jacob runs forward at speed, aiming directly for the Blood Lord. Jacob had, at this point, almost entirely lost control. Channeling Shinnok would prove to be a gesture less than likely to make friends with those that were meticulously planning their attack. But here, now, the Lord's eyes widen, as he looks upon what's coming towards him. Shinook!Jacob smiles, as he charges, glad that the devil is afraid of him. But with a swipe of his hand, the Blood Lord throws Shinook backwards, telekinetic force buffeting him onto his back. He is at first still consumed with rage, until he sees the blast of hell-magic that whips around him. The Holy magic in the blast sears his eyes, but the true jaw and force of the spell was focused forward. It engulfed others, but merely washed over him. He got back up, eyes streaming, Sword of Olympus raised, and ready to knock some heads.

Alexander- Cursing all impatient souls, Alexander prepares layers of defensive telekinetic and electrical energy, with some disintegration magic for teeth, feeding upon metallurgical bendalloy to slow the universe. Or speed him up, the effect was much the same. Dripping blood from his hand and his sword, he strides into the room after he is sure the explosion is over with. With a scowl inked on his face, he begins to concentrate at the Knights he could see, that they would not get up again. Some he did not affect, others experienced nothing but a wafting smoke to curl up from their armor, but others took more serious damage, plates of armor being taken off and limbs fried. His scowl turned into a smirk as he continued forward, getting closer to the kill distance for his disintegration.

Tristan- Tristan decided to wait, rather than attack. From his position sitting on the head of a particularly nasty grimacing statue, he observed the others and started forming a plan of action.

Morcleon- The Being formerly known as Morcleon charged forward, lightning raging from his sword, until he got to the spot where the Blood Lord was collecting his thoughts. The Key in his left hand wrote him faster, and his sword heavier, and his arm stronger, as all three strove together to bury the sword between the Lord's eyes. But instead of seeing the future of where his enemy would dodge or block, He got a massive inundation of 50 different views of the future. Unsure of what to do, he hesitated mid-jumpstrike, cleaning his vision of future-views just in time to see the claw of the mighty fiend close upon his head. The Great Demon explains slowly, in a voice of buzzing flies and flying bees, "Vuuture Zight Blocking izz a bazzic ability ovv evven the moost juunior Devilzz. The onezz you fazced aboove were imbezcilezz, being punizshed for their... incompetenzce.". He then flung Morcleon to the side, focusing on other things and buzzing at his Knights to, "RIZE, FOOLZ! YOUR VERY SOULZZ DEPEND UPOON THIZ!

Conor- Conor watches as all this takes place, running forward. He tries to take the Pit Fiend on a more standard level. But his swipes are matched in kind, his thrusts parried, and even the Charter Magic expendable spells that he had placed on his sword that increased its speed were of no use. Eventually, he withdrew, the Pit Fiend deciding not to press him further, but begin to mutter strange incantations in his even stranger, buzzing voice. The Hell Knights, for now, remained scrambled in piles on the floor.

Rob, Kate, and Joshua began to feel that their conversation wasn't really that great anymore.

Spoiler
    Show
    That's all for now. Posting may resume, if desired.
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-08-03 at 01:04 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

OOC: Can fly through the roof, and am invisble 3 ways. No shadows needed
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Shinnok
    Shinnok swung the Sword of Olympus with supernatural strength dwarfing that even of the Hell Knights present. With strength even greater than Zeus'es, Shinnok slashed, sliced and attempted to hack and dice the enemy Hell Knights to death. With the combined physical attributes of the other other souls in Jacob's possession, he was much faster as the demon form he was in than Shinnok originally would be as well. So, before the Hell Ball's blast was over, with an acceleration in speed, the monsterous form of Jacob/Shinnok, would attempt the mutilation and decapitation of the demonic Hell Knights or perhaps even the Blood Lord.

24. - Top - End - #294

Jaime runs up to the door, his speed boosted by the force to preternatural levels. "Merde," he says, looking at the wreckage from the hellball.Revan, can I use the force without your help yet?

No, not quite.

Alright, you get my left arm again, but no more. Sanya, right arm.

Very well. This is the kind of fight I am good at.

When do me and Mal get to do something?

When I say so.

Jaime shifts form to that of Shepard in full armor, but still wearing Revan's mask. He pulls out both esperacchius and his lightsaber, both flaring to light as he charges into the room toward the nearest demon. His blades flash out in a circle, cleaving into the fiends knee. He pulls back as the demon swings at him, missing by a few feet. Dancing back as it keeps attacking, he blasts its damaged knee with force whenever it drops its guard. He manages to get it to go on the defensive, giving him enough time to turn and loose gouts of lightning toward another demon.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sam's expression changes as she watches the battle erupt right in front of her eyes, going from intrigued to shocked.
    Are they for real? Well, I guess you were right about not working together. I even liked the wannabe dictator's plan better.
    Agreed. That ghost fellow did seem to get the idea, but I'm afraid standing by the sidelines is no longer an option.
    Finally! You guys talk too much.
    Coming from you, Fett, that means less than nothing. I can create an electromagnetic field with a radius of about -
    Don't bother. I've got this one.
    Once again, Fey takes the helm. She weaves the Ley lines around Sam into a dual spell form. The first will protect her from the elements, and the second will create an ice layer around Sam's armor, further fortifying it against attack.
    I added another effect. It will slowly freeze everything in a five foot radius, which means you can't stay still for very long.
    Not a problem. I wasn't intending to anyway.
    As she walks past the entrance and into the fray, Sam focuses on her target: the Lord of Blood. He was busy engaging another Persona, but that wouldn't be a problem for this sort of attack. She sends a wave of telepathic force in its direction. Thanks to Xavier, even a greater demon would be challenged by such a strike. Hopefully, it would at least distract him from the combat, so that someone else could get in a lucky shot or two.

Winner of the MtG card design contest 'Winner is the Judge', Week 5!

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Bah. Now I remember why I didn't wait for approval... Thought Rob. "Hey Josh, (you don't mind if I call you Josh, do you?,) You think you could take over for me as rearguard? I want to do something."
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

27. - Top - End - #297

From the safe perch of his gargoyle, Tristan watches and waits. As he sat, three more Personae entered, and one of their weapons rang a few bells in his mind. He hadn't actually seen it before but the blade one of the newcomers held, a cavalry saber glowing with heavenly light, was somehow familiar. If he squinted a bit he could just make out Egyptian hieroglyphics etched into the pommel...
    That couldn't be... Esperacchius?!
    Isn't that Sanya's sword? Does that mean he's here too?
    I suppose it may be the Egyptian or another previous wielder. Perhaps even a future wielder, now that I think of it. Either way, now's not the time for teary reunions.
    You got that right. Where can we lend a hand?

As if in response to his question, the Blood Lord began to speak, his deep voice filling the room. Shortly after, he tossed someone aside - Morcleon by the look of him - and began rousing his followers.
    Tristan gave control over to Yuna, suddenly flourished his staff in front of him, and a pulse of healing magic drifted across the room to his ally. Just in case, he thought, as his gaze shifted back to the massive foe.
    That'll be our primary target, then.
    I'll have my soulfire at the ready, but be careful. You haven't experienced it yet. It'll make you weak, kid. It uses your own lifeforce to power it. Make it count.
    I can use holy magic as well, but Mr. Dresden's lifeforce ability will probably surpass even mine.
    Alright, we'll save soulfire for the Blood Lord. Let's hit them with a few Holy's while we wait for an opening.

He wasn't sure which of his allies would be susceptible to holy magic, so he aimed for opponent-less foes. He pointed his staff, and a bolt of gleaming light burst from the tip. It trailed along the ceiling, coming to rest directly above a Hell Knight who was charging towards Morcleon. The bolt burst, raining swirling spheres of light upon the demon. They exploded on impact, sheathing the Knight in brilliant radiance.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

In the midst of hell, Alexander finds himself in heaven. The simple pleasures of combat, of actually using his abilities in beautiful harmony, was more than he could simply describe. His telekinesis has helped him keep his balance, floating just above the battlefield in order to avoid the worst of the devastation. His cold iron sword dances around him, all of his enemies (and his allies) slowed in time, barely moving. With his free hand, Alexander doles out oblivion in the form of both his lightning and disintegration powers.
    Thank you Sylar. I'm glad we have at least some things in common. From what I observed, you were by far one of the only Heroes to actually enjoy using your gifts. Rather than trying to simply hide behind them or get rid of them, you appreciated your powers wholeheartedly. You have given me the opportunity to do the same, and for that I am grateful. His sword slices into more demons, sometimes deflected by the odd magical ward. No matter: there were always more enemies to fight. Out of the corner of his eye. Alexander notes the presence of the Blood Lord, as well as several new Personae. This fight was about to get more interesting.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-08-04 at 07:03 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

29. - Top - End - #299

Erik was staggered, exhausted. Was the earth shaking more than it should?
    Why couldn't he feel his limbs? Why couldn't he move?

Then his body returned, if not all his mind.
    "Give us time."
    "No. Erik, Trust in me a time. Let me show you what I can do."

Unthinkingly, Erik drew Eldrad's Witchblade, and touched a button on the teleporter. A few presses latter, a spiralling Erik was plunging Eldrad's Witchblade into one of the Demon Knights backs as it struggled to rise, as centuries of fighting expertise in the form of Deadpool came to the fore.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

::You all hear screams emanating from the altar as you fight.::