Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 390 of 675
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DarthArminius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Returning To Earth

    Back at Headquarters, when all the Personae (Who wished to be there) were back and fully rested. Those who had not had their equipment now had the choice of taking their things with them back to Earth. The Lady of Pain was ominously floating high above Sigil like an enigma. Everyone had been restored back to full strength. Jacob looked to the Personae, "Well, we don't have much to do with our investigation in Sigil anymore at the moment, and The Lady doesn't seem like she has anymore clues to discuss anything with. Let's just go to Earth. Does anyone else agree?"

  2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    General Vicinity of Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    "I agree. Let's go back to Earth. My starship is somewhere over there, and the sooner I find it, the better." Morcleon grins and stretches a bit. "Besides, it'll probably be easier to find clues and information on Earth."

    He takes out his portable timeslip, then pauses to ask the group. "Does anyone have a preferred location to start off?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    "Everyone carries something important enough to die for and they are running around so as not to lose it."
    -Kamijou Touma

    Homebrew:

    Nexus Characters
    RailITP Characters

  3. - Top - End - #363
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    "Well, didn't the light say that that 'Homeworld' ship was in antarctica... Damn, it's like this fight the gods thing is having some things ripped from TVTropes."
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.


    Really sorry about my absence. I should be back now.

  4. - Top - End - #364
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    "Uh....Earth sounds good, I guess, but....I'm kinda worried. If a bunch of our stuff is now there, does that mean that said stuff's corollaries are now there? NERV would probably be helpful, as would the Clock Tower, so long as Rin's also there; but Angels and ORT? Not so much.

    "Also, who's ship? And where's Alexander, and why do I feel like I need to go beat him up, like, right now?

    "And preferred location: Any NERV branch - Boston, Area 51, somewhere in Germany, and Hakone, off the top of my head - or Cornwall, England (which may then lead to any number of locations, dammit)."
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Where did you start yours?

    Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

  5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    3SecondCultist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Beyond being
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    The first thing that comes to mind upon arrival is the nature of the soil. It felt like it had been eons since he felt such warm earth beneath his feet. All around him, the mountainside was alive. Alexander looks down at the town of Xenotime, reptilian pupils dilating as he memorizes the structure of the settlement. It was a mining town, once. According to Dante's memories, the Elric boys and their cronies had defeated Mugiar here, a minor pawn in a minor plan. However, Alexander was much more fascinated by the means through which the old alchemist had kept her servants in prime condition.
    The springs were underground here, in the region. All I would need is a proper way of searching. Even one vial would do - Dante knew how to mass produce it. And I know just how to get it. First, he taps into his surroundings, forming another mana bond with the surrounding area: red. He knew exactly how to put that to use. Focusing his energies, Alexander opens the earth beneath him, forming a rift several miles deep. He would tear apart the entire mountain if he had to, even if it took him hours. The red water remained, it had to. He takes his position several feet above the ground. Should any curious wanderers approach, they would be greeted by a swift and judicious lightning bolt to the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show

    Games and Projects:
    - Death's End (DM)
    - Shards and Crafts (Navanir Stormblood)


    "The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

  6. - Top - End - #366
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    General Vicinity of Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    "Even if our corrolaries are all there, the Drood family and all of the 'protagonist' forces should have the power to keep it all under control." Morcleon answers lightly. He fiddles with the watch for a second, muttering words under his breath. The blank hole wavers and begins cycling through images of NERV bases. "Pick your location. The portal is cycling through every place you've listed, as well as every base shown in the anime."

    He raises his voice to the rest of the Personae. "Anyone who needs to do something on Earth, tell me where you need to go, and I'll put you there. Meet me in Antarctica and bring your stuff; I'll be raising my ship and fleet there."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    "Everyone carries something important enough to die for and they are running around so as not to lose it."
    -Kamijou Touma

    Homebrew:

    Nexus Characters
    RailITP Characters

  7. - Top - End - #367
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    mkfuba07's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Tristan walks up to Morcleon, hefting his summoning circle onto his shoulder. Earthcrafting had made removing it from the ground a simple endeavor. The rest of his lab supplies were too numerous to bring along back to Earth, but the summoning circle was important enough to take. A skull sat in a burlap sack tied to a loop of his duster, silent for the moment.

    "If you can get me to Chicago, that would be great. Anywhere in the city is fine. I have a few things to take care of, and they could take a bit of time. How long will it take to raise your fleet?"
    Avatar by Reynard!

  8. - Top - End - #368
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DoctorFaust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Jaime walks up to Morcleon, shoving on the last few rings from Howls equipment cache and buckling on a pouch of potions and cloth balls. Just before he gets to him, he shifts form to that of Howl as he appeared after meeting Sophie."I would prefer it if you sent me to my castle. I believe that I am either dead or very old at this point in the timeline there, so it should be uninhabited, and can serve as a portal to my other personalities respective universes." He idly snaps his fingers a few times at this point, and conjures sparks and balls of light that orbit his hand. He closes it to extinguish them, but as he does so, he doubles over, grabbing at his arm and grimacing. Several feathers are observable sprouting out of his hand as well as his fingers extending into talons, before retracting as he straightens up again, brushing himself off. "My apologies about that. I may be a while, as I will most likely have to build another door and rally Shepard's fleet, as well as recovering several artifacts from the others worlds."
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2012-08-17 at 03:41 PM.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung

    I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

  9. - Top - End - #369
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Kate glanced at Morcleon and said, perhaps more sardonically than was necessary, "I don't know what a Drood is, but I sincerely doubt that Angels are within their normal operating limits. But whatever; let's go with the Neo Tokyo-3 NERV HQ. Which I guess would be Hakone, given 2nd Impact shouldn't have happened. I hope. I'll pick up whatever help I can, hopefully without destroying the world, head to Cornwall, and start digging." She paused. "I got mugged in London, once. Might be nice to visit again, see the Tower, Bath....anyone else headed there?"

    "Not to interrupt Saber's well deserved nostalgia trip, but what do we do if our suspicions are correct, and we now have a rouge Personae wandering the multiverse?"

    "We're not there yet, so the nostalgia trip has yet to begin. Planning is still acceptable. My preference? Find and access Avalon, and spend an aeon or two bonding properly with Rei. Then use Canaan's AT-enhanced Eyes to search him out. Then kill him."

    "This all assuming he's even evil. And I can't say I'm eager to throw myself into a time void for that long."

    "Nor am I."

    'Gotta go with the majority on this one, but we may not have a choice; we'll probably need Rei's power eventually, and this may be the only way to properly access it.'

    "For what it's worth, I don't have an issue with this plan."

    "Yes, well, we'll have to see how things go; I assure you, even if it is Avalon, I'm not overeager to do it. But it is an excellent option otherwise, and we would do well to keep it in mind."

    'Agreed. But for now, we've got errands to run. Inaba and Tokyo....anywhere else?'
    Last edited by AkaiNeko; 2012-08-18 at 01:29 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Where did you start yours?

    Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

  10. - Top - End - #370
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Joshua seemily appears out of nowhere, and lands next to Morcleon, before talking a huge bite out of an apple.

    "Mmmm, Fruit is a wonderful thing isn't it?" He looks around at the others, "I don't really have any contacts I want to meet up with, I'd be happy to tag along though. He puts all of his gear away, waiting for someone in his head to speak up, but then decides to be glad for the moment of peace.
    Last edited by Lonewolfe208; 2012-08-18 at 12:52 PM.
    Narian Wolfe

    Narian speaks in Deep sky blue

  11. - Top - End - #371
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DarthArminius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Earth Again
    Home again Hom again jiggidy jig, except for the emtpy buildings, the empty streets, and the lack of people. Something was wrong. Everyone knew something was wrong as soon as they arrived. This looked like the world after an Apocalypse.

  12. - Top - End - #372
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zeno Desaqqara's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Way Up North

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    "I'll be heading back to Earth, myself. If anyone needs me before we meet up again, I'll likely be somewhere in the northern USA or southern Canada." notes Rob. With that, he turns away from the group.

    Urza, would you do the honours?
    Naturally.
    Good. Lain, I have a task for you. It should be fun...
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: My Old Avatars, And Other Stuff
    Show

    Credit to araveugnitsuga for the sorceror avatar.Credit to DarkCorax for the L Avatar.


    Things that Used to be in my Sig:



  13. - Top - End - #373
    Orc in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Conor was rather disheartened. He didn't have any equipment in his room, save the standard things that he needed to live comfortably. He took off his tattered surcoat and screwed up scalemail, took a shower, and laid down on his bed in some plain cotton clothes he found in the closet. His new wings seemed to only appear when he needed them to, but his clothes had specially-designed wingholes anyways. And then, after just sitting there for a while, he got to work. He had a really nice computer station at a desk, and he opened it. It ran Windows 7. This was really, astoundingly weird. It was like flying to an alien planet, with all of its bizarre alien geometries, to find that strawberries grow there. He got to work anyways.

    There were a few special programs on it, from a Plasmid organizer to the formatting designs for his prosthesis. Using these, with the help of his various past lives, he quickly set forward a plan that would optimize gene efficiency as well as unlocking some functions of his prosthesis that Kimiko couldn't figure out just fiddling with it. But now he needed to somehow apply these changes. He got up, walked over, and opened the door to the Laboratory. Halfway through an eye-scan to get in, he realized that the entire door hadn't been there when he walked in. That was slightly disconcerting. He walked into a hybrid genetics/robotics facility that was state of the art, if a little drab. He took an interface jack from the wall, and plugged it into his back. Aside from being able to access Petabytes of data from where he was sitting, he also downloaded the new setting for his limbs, and administered the Plasmid delivery viruses that would soon make him a very tough opponent to face. He flexed his muscles, set up the disconnect protocol, and then left the room.

    When he got back to his bedroom, he found that it had changed dramatically. It seemed that the act of thinking about what he needed had changed it, to something that could benefit all of his selves. There he found the servants of the Abhorsen, holding new mail armor and a shiny surcoat that was just like his old one, but with two holes for wings in it, and a hole for his interface port. He also found a specially-prepared flask of Holy Water that used to be Crowley's. And lastly, after he had suited up once more, clean, prepared, and ready to fight again, he saw the Signs. The six Signs, looped together into a series of circles, quartered by a cross. He slung the belt-like golden chain over his shoulder, running it perpendicular to his bells, and felt each smooth circle one by one. There was one of iron, one of leather, and one of bronze, for the things that man created. And for the forces that existed before men, there were the wood sign, the fire sign, and the water sign. They would give him great power, of a kind that does not seem to have a tangible benefit, but exists nonetheless. With that, he was ready.

    He looked in the mirror, one last time. He looked very, very different from how he normally did. He had eyes of near-opaque yellow, limbs made of a shimmering gunmetal grey material, the coat and sword of a medieval warrior, a bandolier of bells, another of strange symbols. He had wings sprouting from his back. But what was most unfamiliar to him was his face. Behind his eyes, he had the look, not of someone who fought for their first time, but of someone who had fought thousands of times. What looked out at him was a demon, who had become perhaps a little attached to the humans that he tempted. A boy looked at him, and alien boy, who was confused and angry and lonely and had lost hope, to find it again only when it had been lost for good. Another boy, this one old beyond mention, looked back into him with a wisdom encompassing all of existence, to whom time was only a measurement. He saw a woman in the mirror, who was all too accustomed to walking in Death, and sending others there. And another woman, who only knew a father that wasn't hers, and a mother that raised her to be a monster. How lucky it was that she avoided that fate. And lastly, a genius. A brilliant girl, capable of designing and planning and eventually putting into action the Singularity of human existence, changing the entire world into a computer. And she was just foolish enough to actually do it. Above all, as he saw all of these people, it became clear, that he was only looking at sides of the same object, one facet of a diamond at a time.And there were many, many others behind them, people that Conor had been, and people that he would eventually become. Their minds were separate, but they each shared the same soul, one that had been passed between them for Millenia, across all boundaries of space and time. He saw in that glance at the mirror the eons of people, murderers, rapists, heroes, saviors, the rich and the poor, the old and the young, the saints and the sinners, that he encompassed, and that encompassed him.

    This "God" didn't know right from wrong, apparently. This "God" was going to do something awful if it remained on Earth. But perhaps, Conor could change that. His soul had a lot of experience with right and with wrong. Maybe all this deity needed was a little touch of humanity. And that's exactly what Conor could give it. He was going to Antarctica.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

  14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    3SecondCultist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Beyond being
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    The scowl of concentration on Alexander's face turns into a rictus of glee when he sees the telltale gleam of the crimson liquid. There is very little, but it is more than enough for him. Tapping into the colorless mana from Sigil, Alexander summons a small jar. He lifts several globes (about a gallon's worth) off of the ground and into the container, sealing it. Yes, this would serve just fine.
    Mugiar tried to introduce it into the local ecosystem via the people, but from what Dante's servants observed it proved to be hazardous to those involved, with widespread cases of sicknesses and multiple casualties accruing in Xenotime. Well, thankfully for the Tringham boys, I have an alternative means of reproduction. As for the town, well... I can't have the poor townsfolk suffering any longer. It's time to put this village down. No witnesses. No survivors. Alighting on a nearby hill, Alexander watches the lights go out for the night. Everything was so peaceful, tranquil. A serpent slithers between two rocks beside him, contented by the last rays of the sun. For the third time, Alexander breathes in the energy around him, letting the red mana fill him up. His eyes flutter for a moment before snapping open. His teeth gleam in the pre-dusk light. The silence that ensued was broken only by the rumbling of the collapsing valley and the screams of the dying.

    Once the deed is finished, Alexander hurls himself once again through the spaces between realities. He would need a few things, primary among them a home base. Somewhere remote, somewhere that had plenty of both flaura and fauna to introduce to his new compound. It only takes him a moment before deciding on a direction.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-08-18 at 10:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show

    Games and Projects:
    - Death's End (DM)
    - Shards and Crafts (Navanir Stormblood)


    "The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

  15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    General Vicinity of Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Upon hearing each location request, Morcleon cycles the portal's destination to each place and waits for the person to step through. Once they had all gone, he aligns the portal to the windswept wastes of Antarctica and turns to Joshua. "Come on, let's go. The sooner we get this done, the sooner we'll have a fleet." And with this, he grabs his companion by the shoulder and takes them both in.

    Morcleon steps out upon the icy landscape, snow crunching beneath his feet. A shudder passes through him. "Even with my chakra, it's still cold as hell. Karan, locate the Pride of Hiigara. It's time we got the fleet back online."

    "On it..." Several seconds of mental silence pass. "...the ship appears to be some three kilometers west of your current position, and almost half a kilometer down. I can't make a complete link, but it appears to be in very good condition, despite the environment."

    "Well, technically, it was only placed there a few hours ago." Morcleon motions west to his partner and starts walking, calling out behind him. "The ship's three kilometers thataway."

    After many minutes of walking, Morcleon reaches the site, and stares down at the ice, wondering how best to enter the ship. He blinks once, and the mangekyo sharingan swirls into existence. He blinks again, and a torrent of black flames covers the area, melting through the ice at a rapid pace. After several minutes of fierce burning, the flames begin to melt the ice around the smooth blue hull of the mothership. Another minute passes, and the ice around the Pride of Hiigara has been melted away by the now fading Amaterasu. The great ship now lays on her engine array, pointing to the stars.

    Morcleon smiles widely and turns to Joshua. "It's a beautiful sight, isn't it? Come on, I'll give you a tour." He promptly leaps onto slippery ice and begins sliding down towards the docking bay. He enters the ship carefully, and looks around the area, trying to find at least one resource collector, or at least a squadron or two of interceptors.

    Regardless of result, Morcleon makes his way into the command core, where Karan had controlled the ship. Casting an eye over the cables and tubes, he raises an eyebrow inward. "Do I really have to plug those things into me?"

    "Ah... You could probably just channel some magical energy through them and control the ship. That way, you wouldn't have to stay in this room."

    Grinning, Morcleon takes the Sixth Key from his sleeve and points it at the mass of equipment. "By the power vested in me by the Sixth Key, I, Zach, command the systems of this ship to be connected forevermore to me. May my will be done."

    A flash of light, and the cables rise up, glowing with a deep green. Morcleon feels the senses of the ship, and reaches his mind to the core of the vessel. He finds the power, and turns it all on. As the vessel begins to awaken, he turns his attention to the condition of the mothership and its current inventory of ships and resources.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    "Everyone carries something important enough to die for and they are running around so as not to lose it."
    -Kamijou Touma

    Homebrew:

    Nexus Characters
    RailITP Characters

  16. - Top - End - #376
    Orc in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    "Hmm, interesting ship", remarks Conor, standing on the bridge of the Pride of Hiigara. No one saw him enter or leave, and there appears to be no trace of magical entrance (Those who can sense magic would have a faint sense of some being used). He looks stately, wings tilted slightly out to give him an aura of authority.

    "So, about that tour", he says, a grin flicking across his face.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

  17. - Top - End - #377
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zeno Desaqqara's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Way Up North

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Damn, notes Rob as he steps out onto what once would have been the Yonge and Bloor intersection at the heart of Toronto. Not good.
    Jumping into the sky, he surveys the abandoned city. Pulling on it's mana, he summons a beige outdoorsman's vest. It flutters out behind him like wings as he flies. Soaring over the city, he arrives at the Harbour. Drawing a deep breath, he pulls in a bit of blue mana. It fades quickly, but the link is made.
    Flying back, he alights on the upper pod of the CN Tower, standing watch over the city. The tower had provided wireless 'net access to the entire province for almost five years. muttering a quick incantation under his breath, he blows a human-sized hole into the wall with a few dark sagita magica. Stepping in, he finds himself in a stairway. A quick descent brings him to a heavily wired room. Pulling on the mana of Sigil and Toronto, as well as a bit of blue mana from Lake Ontario for thought, he summons a small laptop, and plugs it into a router near the center of the mess.

    Hey Lain. Time to show us what you can do: find out if there's anyone left with access to the 'net.
    With pleasure!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: My Old Avatars, And Other Stuff
    Show

    Credit to araveugnitsuga for the sorceror avatar.Credit to DarkCorax for the L Avatar.


    Things that Used to be in my Sig:



  18. - Top - End - #378
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DoctorFaust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Jaime steps out of the portal from Sigil onto his castle, which seems to be devoid of life and starting to collect cobwebs, he knocks on the door several times. After a minute with no answer, he tries the door and finds it unlocked. Stepping inside, he closes the door behind him and gives it a pat before looking around to make sure that all of his supplies, charms, and wards were still in place. He blasts away a few of the denser patches of dust and cobwebs with gusts of wind before lighting a fire in the hearth. After drawing ritual circles on one wall opposite the door and the floor in the center of the house, he steps outside again and gazes down at the ocean as his castle flies over it. He spends several minutes like this, before drawing a deep breather and calling out "Calcifer! Calcifer, I need you!", infusing the call with a slight amount of magic to ensure it goes only to him. He returns inside and waits another half hour before a ball of blue fire streaks down the chimney and lands on the fire.
    "Heya Howl, haven't seen you in a while. You look…young."
    "Good to see you too Calcifer. As to my appearance, it's due to some kind of magic. Still not sure how it happened, but I just appeared in someone elses mind with all my memories but no idea how I got there. I'm going to need your help with something. Would you mind not telling Sophie about this?"
    "Boss, Sophies dead. And so are you. Old age, both of you within a few months of one another. Morgan's still alive, but he's off being a royal wizard."
    Howl!Jaime stops preparing the spells he would need to change the door and make a new one at this revelation, and leans back in his chair, rubbing his eyes. "So I was right. I'm going to need you to pilot the castle down to land. We're moving again."
    Didn't you hear me? Sophie's..."
    He whips back around to face the fire demon in his hearth, shouting, "I heard you very well. I got my life with her, and that's all that really matters. I can't do anything to change the timeline, no matter how strong I am, so any argument you offer is a moot point. So, will you help me or not?"
    Calcifer shirks back from Jaime at this, his flame quivering. "Yes. As I always have."
    Several hours later, the castle is hovering over the center of a large chalk ritual circle drawn in the ground. Calcifer is being held in a pan by Howl, over the circle drawn on the floor boards. He starts the casting, his hair and clothes starting to hover from the amount of raw magic being released. The wall opposite the entrance contracts as a door grows out of it, a wheel similar to that on the fronts appearing above it, with green, brown, orange, and black sections on it. The dial on the front shifts colors, spinning wildly for several minutes before slowing to a stop as the ritual is completed, showing up as blue, purple, dark green, and black.
    Howl, I need my body back now.
    Why? I seem to be doing well at this.
    I'm losing control of the others. You really do not want 7 undivided minds in one head, but I can control them if you relinquish control
    Very well.

    He returns Calcifer to the fire, and walks upstairs to his own room. Staggering the last few steps as the various identities start to break free, he gets inside, shuts the door and reverts to Jaimes normals form. He then effectively slams the lid on all of the different identities, forcing them back into their areas and locking them down.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung

    I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

  19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DarthArminius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Antarctica
    The Pride Of Hiigara

    By iamnew at 2012-08-20
    Suddenly, the doors open. . . All hell began to unleash. . . Thousands of drones began to advance towards the Personae.

  20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Home Sweet Home: Part 1

    Erik arrived at his home from the portal.
    He lived alone, had his own solar power, and had a fair bit of food in his house.
    He could quite litteraly not notice he was the last person on Earth for a week. Where it not for work and a few friends, but hes going to ignore that.

    He had nothing of value, but he might as well grab his infomation, and he had a large rec room which he could set up Alrics stuff for forging... The servos for removing the suit....
    He just needed to be at the meetup point at a set time, but he could meditate on the demonic souls he had stored to use them, decide wether to merge, and spend time enchanting....
    Fun.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.


    Really sorry about my absence. I should be back now.

  21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    General Vicinity of Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Antarctica
    The Pride of Hiigara


    As the drones advance on their position, Morcleon sighs. "Drones? Seriously? My ship is infested with Borg drones? Troublesome..."

    He reaches to the back of his neck and pulls out a few hairs. Blowing them toward the advancing forces, they expand into clones of himself, each with his magical battle staff. They charge forward, with all the combat prowess of the original. In the back, Morcleon carefully takes the Sixth Key from his sleeve and begins writing spells of destruction, targeting dozens of drones at once.

    "Karan? Could you see how far the Borg have reached into the computer core? The Star Trek-verse and the Homeworld-verse probably don't have many computer similarities, but it never hurts to check. If they haven't taken it over, could you also begin starting up the ship?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    "Everyone carries something important enough to die for and they are running around so as not to lose it."
    -Kamijou Touma

    Homebrew:

    Nexus Characters
    RailITP Characters

  22. - Top - End - #382
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TheAntiplanar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Everywhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Throughout the journey to Earth, Sam finds herself already planning her next move. The trip is short - throwing oneself through the Blind Eternities does not take too long.
    So. Where are we headed, boss?
    Have some patience. I imagine we will find out soon enough.
    We will need a home base if we are to find this "New God" and turn him to the side of good.
    I'm on it. Arrival in three... two... one...
    The change in locale is abrupt. Sheets of rain fall around Sam, buffeting the stunted trees and soaking the wet soil. Above her, she sees no sun. All around is the flat plane of the moor. Everything is grey, glistening. Sam takes a minute to form a white mana bond with the area.
    Huh. We're in Ireland, aren't we?
    Newgrange, to be precise. London is only a quick teleport away. I thought you might like that, djinni.
    Eh. The last time I was there, things kind of got explosive.
    Why am I surprised?
    More to the point. Sam, why are we here?
    Well, I know of a place. Just north of here, there is a cairn. In ancient times, the natives buried their dead there, and there is a famous oculus that allows the sun in every winter solstice. The ancients called it -
    Brú na Bóinne. I remember it - at least, the Seelie Queen does. Built in the Neolithic period, it predates both the pyramids and Stonehenge by several centuries.
    That's right. One point for Ms. Reilly. What else can you tell me about the Newgrange site?
    It is home to one of this world's greatest concentrations of ley lines. My magic will be strongest there. There is also a cave system that runs beneath the area, where we can set up shop in peace.
    Fascinating. I should very much like to study some of the Neolithic art and architecture for myself.
    Hopefully you'll get the chance. I suppose we'll see soon, won't we?
    The walk from Sam's current position to the monument is brief. Even from far away, she can see the stones, a white in stark contrast to the green mound above it. The Persona walks towards the entrance, but moves away at the last minute. It wouldn't do to wreck the interior by tunneling downward. Instead, Sam allows Fey to use the ley lines around her to allow for a brief teleportation. When she opens her eyes, Sam finds herself in a rather sizable cavern. The chamber is supported by several pillars, and there looks to be a small exit fifteen or so feet from her position. There is also a small lake in the center of the cavern. She cannot see the bottom.
    "This will do. Let's get to work, people!"


    Winner of the MtG card design contest 'Winner is the Judge', Week 5!

  23. - Top - End - #383
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zeno Desaqqara's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Way Up North

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    There are some others left. They've formed a sort of mesh network to replace the old 'net. It would seem that something major, and destructive, happened.
    Huh. I wonder why we haven't seen anyone yet.
    Naturally, a technician took that exact moment to step into the room. The poor man nearly collapsed from shock at the gaping hole, but quickly recovered and made a hasty exit.
    Strange...
    Y'know, if it weren't for the fact that we are practically a god, I would say that someone up there is either really incompetent today or just screwing with us.
    Pausing to extract a small chip from his pocket and place it strategically among the wires, Rob turned to leave.

    Exiting through the hole he had made, he took flight once more. It was time to secure an arsenal in case he had to deal with another horde of woefully outclassed but nonetheless time-consuming mooks.
    So where are we going?
    It's a bit of a long story. See, there was this politician back in the 2020s who got in a bit of trouble for letting something slip to an American intelligence agent. Military stuff, something about the northern territories. Nobody knows what exactly he said, but the whole thing exploded into a joke on the 'net, like it always does. Everyone decided, jokingly, that the reason Canada was so nice is because we were trying to cover the fact that we were building some kind of superweapon in Nunavut. Probably total bull, of course. More likely than not, it was just some trade dispute about the arctic passage. Now that we're here, though, and we have all the power we want, I'm going to find out. Personally, I'd be very very disappointed in the world's sense of drama if there weren't a huge giant-death-thingy up there somewhere. With Yuki's scanning, we can find anything anomalous up there and investigate.
    And if there's nothing?
    Then we go check North Korea. I refuse to believe that anyone can actually be that incompetent. It must have been an act.
    With that, Rob brought Urza's planeswalking powers to bear, stepping out of the Earth's plane and back on far to the North. Looking around at the field of ice he found himself in, he smiled. he liked the cold.
    Alright, this is as good a place as any. Yuki, can you do a wide-range scan for heat? Match it to a map and see fi there's anything out of place. After that, try radiation levels, then continue to actual matter types.
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: My Old Avatars, And Other Stuff
    Show

    Credit to araveugnitsuga for the sorceror avatar.Credit to DarkCorax for the L Avatar.


    Things that Used to be in my Sig:



  24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DarthArminius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Placeholder for post

  25. - Top - End - #385
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DoctorFaust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    After sneaking around for several in Chicago and the Citadel, "liberating" some better equipment and armor, Jaime returns to his castle to store and equip his ill-gotten gains. That done, he casts several spells on his guns to enchant them with fire and ice. Exhausted after his tasks, he falls asleep sitting in front of the fire. The next day, awake but groggy, he buckles on his gear and goes to leave the castle for Antarctica. Putting on the helmet, the faceplate of which morphs into Revan's mask yet again, he turns the dial to black and steps out into the frozen waste. "Son of a b****!" he shouts, experiencing for the first time the bitter cold at the ends of the earth. Shepard, Howl, do something about the temperature would you?

    The armor as heating. It should be activated now.


    Jaime stomps his feet a few times as warm air starts recirculating through the suit, looking up at the mountain which his door just appeared on. Realizing just how big it is, he jumps back and pulls out his revolver.
    Oh hell. This over 35,000 feet tall?

    No. There are no known mountains on Earth that exceed that height, or are anywhere close to it, at least to my knowledge.

    Thank the gods. I've been reading way to much Lovecraft.


    Looking around for the spaceship he's supposed to be going to, he sees a large blackish ship and begins trudging towards it.

    Jaime, you might want to get a move on. The interior of the ship is swarming with Borg.

    It is? Damn. Sanya, thanks for the "show up at just the right time" thing. It's gotten me into two fights so far. Whipping forth esperacchius, he charges towards the ship, screaming out, "Lava quod est sordium! In nomine Dei, sana quod est saucium!". Of course, he only gets about 200 feet before the snow, armor, and the weight of the rest of his equipment forces him to slow to a fast walk.
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2013-03-17 at 10:14 PM.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung

    I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

  26. - Top - End - #386
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DarthArminius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Incoming Borg battle To Be Posted Here Or By Connor
    Last edited by DarthArminius; 2012-08-26 at 06:47 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #387
    Orc in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Alarms would be going off, somewhere, if they could. There were many thousands of intruders, after all. But these intruders were the Borg, and as such no computer system was safe. The ship not starting was the first clue, the instruments laying unresponsive, blinking away their measurements to no one. The next clue was of course the hundreds of Borg that slammed their way into the room, moving like zombies, but eerily never bumping into one another as they marched forwards. Conor would have been the first to act, had his prosthesis been working normally. As he went to draw his sword, his arms and legs locked up, unresponsive, he fell forwards onto his knees, before the foglet systems that made them up disbanded, leaving him to fall on the floor in a puddle of metallic goo, an effective quadruple-amputee.

    Joshua was completely stunned.

    Morcleon however, was pretty miffed at his ship being taken over, and also his allies' nonaction. He took it upon himself to do something about the menace, his way. He plucked hairs from his head, wincing, and blew them into the air. Seven copies of him were created from the hairs, each holding a copy of his sword. Miscounted. Ah well, he thought. The seven of them began to mercilessly slaughter the Borg, the bodies of whom made a makeshift barricade almost immediately. The crushing swell behind the main lines is ripped into shreds by the Key, its power simply vanishing the connections between huge swaths of molecules. Yet still more poured in, almost tripping over their brethren in a vain attempt to reach the Personae.

    Or perhaps not so vain. The 7 copies of Morcleon were fighting hard, but each good strike was met by three more Borg that needed execution. Conor, meanwhile, was lying on the floor, shouting in his head, Kimiko, I NEED my ARMS and LEGS! Hang on! I'm trying! I don't know how they got in, these systems shouldn't even be accessible, the entire structure is completely different! Not necessarily. The foglets wworked by havving thousands of units come together, as a wwhole, to accomplish objectivves. The Borg do that exact same thing, but wwith people. So just tune out of their frequencies and lets get a movve on! I'm working on it! Just give me a little bit of time...
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

  28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    General Vicinity of Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Eyes roaming around the scene of the battle, Morcleon grimaces. "There's just so many of them... We need to take them out faster!" He stares at the horde, then lets his eyes swirl into the complex shape that is the Eternal Mangekyou. "Let's see how you deal with Amaterasu..."

    A roaring jet of black flames shoot towards the enemy, passing by the beleaguered clones. It strikes the Borg, spreading through them, licking harmlessly at the bulkheads of the grounded ship. "Burn..."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    "Everyone carries something important enough to die for and they are running around so as not to lose it."
    -Kamijou Touma

    Homebrew:

    Nexus Characters
    RailITP Characters

  29. - Top - End - #389
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DarthArminius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Eyes roaming around the scene of the battle, Morcleon grimaces. "There's just so many of them... We need to take them out faster!" He stares at the horde, then lets his eyes swirl into the complex shape that is the Eternal Mangekyou. "Let's see how you deal with Amaterasu..."

    A roaring jet of black flames shoot towards the enemy, passing by the beleaguered clones. It strikes the Borg, spreading through them, licking harmlessly at the bulkheads of the grounded ship. "Burn..."
    Zeus:
    The Borg had no defense against simple melee with opponents like the Personae. As Zeus, Jacob assaulted the massive army of the Borg. They could not have realized that the Borg could not assimilate them with so many souls in their spirit, however, the Borg were efficient. If they knew they couldn't assimilate, they could still "adapt" and switch tactics to killing. Jacob forgot about using lightning bolts, since energy attacks could be adapted to with Borg shields, but he was slaughtering many with sword strokes.

  30. - Top - End - #390
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Kate stood at the outskirts of an American city. It seemed empty, in a post-clean-apocalyptic sort of way. It was clear to her that people were around; it was just a matter of fining them. In something approaching a panic, she checked several places that came to mind for friends and family.

    "Kate, stop. This isn't getting us anywhere. Think for a moment."

    "For what it's worth, there are definitely people around, but they don't seem friendly. Too many signs of combat, ambush, too much blue along the paths."

    "And therefore, our fears that Third Impact or something related may have occurred are likely groundless."

    Kate breathed. 'OK. So what do we do?'
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Where did you start yours?

    Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •