Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 675
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DarthArminius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    The Light And Alexander
    The Light, a being of pure perfection and powerful energy, approaches Alexander with a very loong sigh. He looks to Alexander's soul and sees he has purposely become corrupted. He was becoming his own god for his own purposes. This was not the fate of the Chosen, and yet Alexander had chosen to go against his own destiny. It was not clear what would occur whenever a Personae had gone renegade. Alexander would have, if he were weaker, been shivering in terror at the rage he felt from the Light, who was now in his presence.

    AkaiNeko
    Voices were heard from behind AkaiNeko. A group of people in military uniforms and heavy weapons were advancing towards the Persona. One of them spoke loudly and clearly "Hey you, over here!" He was motioning with his hands. "Safety's over here not over there."
    Last edited by DarthArminius; 2012-09-04 at 06:21 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #392
    Orc in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    With a bang and a flash, Zeus!Jacob is inside the Pride of Hiigara. He begins slashing the borg up before he even fully materializes, charging the left side of the bridge, shoving the horde backwards with the Sword of Olympus. But here, something strange was happening. The Sword of Olympus, which he was used to slashing and cutting with, was now somehow of no more use than a club. The Borg drones were thrown hither and yon by the weight of its swings, but it appeared to be, for all intents and purposes, as sharp as a river rock. Morcleon's clones found this, too, as they struggled to just shove the hordes back when their swords failed them. The shield of the borg had adapted.

    But the Personae could adapt, too. Morcleon wrote spells of destruction faster, figuring correctly that they could not adapt to pure force ripping them into shreds. Zeus!Jacob switched his grip so that the flat of the blade was facing his opponents, and used brute force to smash the bodies of the Borg. And Conor's arms and legs returned, oozing back up around the metal skeleton from which they had fallen. He got up, and looked at the astoundingly small space the bridge had become, and how the mass of flesh and machinery was soon going to fill it up. He also wondered if the Borg had any climate control with their fancy shields. Summoning resonating structures from his cells, he put his hands on the windows behind him.

    "Suck negative sixty degree air, cyborgs!", he said as he blasted the windows of the entire bridge out at once. All of the warm air in the bridge seemed to be drawn out of the room at once, icy rime growing swiftly on the surfaces of the bridge. Then, calling on Telekinesis, he begins to funnel bodies out of the hole he made and into the frosty darkness outside. Clearing space around the cramped quarters seems to help the fighters, at least to maneuver. The chill however, is an entirely different story...
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

  3. - Top - End - #393
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Kate turned slowly and said to the....soldiers, she assumed, and called "What happened here?" 'They don't seem hostile; let's head with them for now. It's like this everywhere, and we need to know what happened.'
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Where did you start yours?

    Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

  4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DarthArminius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    North Korea!?
    He arrived at the scene of the carnage. There appeared a most unusual sight. Metallic fighting against the military.But that wasn't all. There also appeared to be what was . . . Xenomorps? . . The Aliens were charging the North Korean warriors enmasse. Many were being mowed down, but many, many more were approaching. As it appeared, the North Koreans might have been 'winning" with a higher kill count at the moment, but they didn't appear to be the normal military, and the cities or whatever was left of them didn't have much to them. Fire was everywhere. No radiation levels, however.

  5. - Top - End - #395
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DreamingMage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Way Up North

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Bastards! All this lead up and no nukes? They'd better damn well have a laser or something around here somewhere...
    What do we even need a weapon for, boy? With me on your side, we can level armies on our own. Even gods watch their backs with me around.
    Besides, I do have some experience in the realm of making plane-killing superweapons...
    Yeah, but last time you did that you wound up minus a head.
    I prefer to think of it as minus a body. My head was fine. Good thing I had that hot tub set up...

    Rob soared over the battle, safe in the knowledge that he was invisible to those below. Even if they could see him, his ever present shield was more than up to the task of keeping himself safe.
    Pity though it was that he couldn't find anything, the personae were right. he could make something of his own if needed. Still, so disappointing...

    Your homeworld is rather strange, if you don't mind me saying.
    Indeed. What are these things fighting the people below us?
    Hells if I know. Someone want to look it up on TVTropes?
    I will ask Lain to do so. I pointed her to that site almost an hour ago to stop her from becoming bored and destroying 4chan. I have not heard from her since.
    Sounds reasonable. Alright, let's go find the others.

    With that, Rob turns and jumps again, sparking through the inter-planar boundary, seeking out Alexander's spark.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: My Old Avatars, And Other Stuff
    Show

    Credit to araveugnitsuga for the sorceror avatar.Credit to DarkCorax for the L Avatar.


    Things that Used to be in my Sig:



  6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    3SecondCultist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Beyond being
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    His psyche nearly overwhelmed by the presence of the Light, Alexander's immediate reaction is to throw up a mental barrier. He adjusts his tie and jacket as he stands up. All around them spans his newly constructed audience hall. In a way, it was fitting to host the Light here, at the heart of his new power.
    "Good day, or good evening, as it were. I take it you are disappointed at the army I am breeding?" The temporal effects of duralumin-enhanced bendalloy were great indeed. In a fraction of the time required, he had set up a working base of operations. Of course, the efficacy of his Children did lend a helping hand. His arms outspread, Alexander invites the Light to enjoy the view.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show

    Current Games:
    - Death's End (DM)
    - Reincarnation Wars (Alexander Idrian)
    - As the Worm Turns (Lich / Quake)
    - War Stories (Galad ir'Tanal)


    "The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."


    Moving back to school. Posting extremely limited.

  7. - Top - End - #397
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DreamingMage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Way Up North

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Rob returned briefly to the temple, where he saw Idrian last. Of all the personae, he was the most dangerous in Rob's estimation, and that made his the best ally and the one most deserving of a watchful eye. It took a minute or two of searching to find the spot where Alexander had broken through the plane's fabric.

    Strange, it looks like a planeswalker's passage...
    It could well be. We don't know much about the man. Let's keep out fanciest abilities hidden from now on. We don't want him to be able to learn them.

    Pushing through, Rob stepped out into an idyllic field. Breathing in a deep breath of fresh air, he looked around.

    We missed his exact exit point, but I'm sure we can find him easily enough.
    I'll say. Look at that smoke cloud!

    Spotting a long plume of soot floating off into the sky from across a nearby hill, Rob started walking. As he approached the hill, his clothes shifted, removing logos and decals to look suitably standard for a generic fantasy setting.
    As he crested the hill, a deep frown fell over his face. The ruins of what had once been a town spilled across the valley ahead, before the near-sundered mountain. The scene nagged a memory in the back of Rob's mind.

    You are thinking of the town of Xenotime, in Amestris.
    That's right... this must be it. But what happened? Where's Idrian?
    Looks like he left again. There's traces of another rift over here.
    There are no traces of anything out of order, aside from the town's destruction. It would seem likely that this was the doing of the one called Alexander Idrian.
    Perhaps. On the other hand, something could have followed him here and attacked him. He fled, it followed. We'll follow, and see for ourselves.

    Looking back at the ruins, Rob let out a sigh. Healing spells were mostly just white mana, right? He drew in power from the field he had just crossed, shaping it in what he hoped was a heal-ey form and releasing it over the town. It wasn't much, if it was anything at all, but it might help. With that, he turned and followed Idrian's path to wherever he had gone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: My Old Avatars, And Other Stuff
    Show

    Credit to araveugnitsuga for the sorceror avatar.Credit to DarkCorax for the L Avatar.


    Things that Used to be in my Sig:



  8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DarthArminius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    His psyche nearly overwhelmed by the presence of the Light, Alexander's immediate reaction is to throw up a mental barrier. He adjusts his tie and jacket as he stands up. All around them spans his newly constructed audience hall. In a way, it was fitting to host the Light here, at the heart of his new power.
    "Good day, or good evening, as it were. I take it you are disappointed at the army I am breeding?" The temporal effects of duralumin-enhanced bendalloy were great indeed. In a fraction of the time required, he had set up a working base of operations. Of course, the efficacy of his Children did lend a helping hand. His arms outspread, Alexander invites the Light to enjoy the view.
    OOC:
    A thousand apologies for a purely OOC post in IC, but I'm studying tonight for a Test. I have to respond and resuscitate the role play tomorrow. :)

  9. - Top - End - #399
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DarthArminius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    The Light
    "What you are doing is somewhat unheard of among Persona." The Light said angrily. "You are free to follow your own destiny, but it is clear from your spirit that you are in charge of yourself. You have given in to evil and as a Persona, in the service of Destiny, there are repercussions for this villainy!"

  10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    General Vicinity of Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Morcleon looked around at the battlefield that had become of the ship's frigate bay. Drones came pouring in from some unknown source, uncaring of the destruction that awaited them. "And still they come..." he grimaced. "Okay, enough is enough. I'm taking down the queen."

    He reaches inward and cracks open his inner eye, channeling with it the raw power of the Sixth Key. Forcing it out, he sends his mental tendrils into one of the nearest Borg not under attack. Through the drone, he finds and hijacks the controlling mechanism of the queen. Once within the queen's mind, he takes the myriad of controlling links to the drone horde, and shuts down the swarm.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    "Everyone carries something important enough to die for and they are running around so as not to lose it."
    -Kamijou Touma

    Homebrew:

    Nexus Characters
    RailITP Characters

  11. - Top - End - #401
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DreamingMage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Way Up North

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Rob tumbles forth from the interplanar boundary, tumbling across snow-covered ground and straight into a spike of rock.

    Damn, that hurts!
    Sorry, we're a bit late. If we'd followed him earlier, we could have tracked him much more easily.
    Watch out, boy! The ground is moving!

    Rob leaped to his feet, springing into the air and ascending to twenty meters. The ground where he had been broke apart as a huge bear-like beast with spikes of stone-like bone protruding from its back emerged from its sleep, roaring fiercely.

    What is that thing?
    No idea, but I'm keeping it fresh in mind. With all these snowy forested mountains, summoning one would be a breeze.

    Rob gazed around, taking in the scenery. He was on the side of a great mountain, heavily wooded and covered in a blanket of snow. He could see lowlands and maybe a river further on. He recognized this place, but he could not say from where. Then the bear-thing roared again, and the memory came to him.

    We're on Denduron.
    Calling up the wiki page now.
    What would he be doing here?
    This place is a natural nexus for planeswalkers. It is part of a heavily connected shard, as Dominaria once was. Before we arrived, I saw man-made permanent connections between the planes in the area.
    The flumes. So maybe he did a blind jump and got pulled here? Sounds like there is something chasing him.
    Looks like we're pretty far off course, though. How do we find him?
    The wiki notes the current seat of power in the area as a village recently built by the Milago people. I will enable a simple navigation program.

    A stream of yellow light appeared on the ground in front of Rob, leading off towards the lowlands. Pausing for one last look back at the bear-thing, the name of which he could not for the life of him remember, he soared off towards the village.

    Around five minutes later, he arrived. The speed with which he could fly was incredible. His shield could be used to keep a bubble of still air around him, so he was shielded from the water and wind.
    Landing on the ground just outside the village, he pulled an illusion around himself, camouflaging against the foliage.

    Yuki, could you do a quick search for him?
    Yes.
    We should find him soon. If he is being pursued, he may need all the help he can get.
    Indeed. Suspicious though I am of the man, he is one of us. Letting him die would be a bad idea, and anything that can kill him would be bad news for us too.
    Just the fact that he may have been forced to make a blind jump to escape is disconcerting. As is the idea that something aggressive may have been able to follow hi-
    I have found him. He is in a cavern almost directly below us.
    Huh. I honestly wasn't expecting that. Regardless, Elodin, you want to work your magic?
    Gladly. I get little enough chance to exercise in here as is.
    Oh, I had something in mind to remedy that. Remind me to talk more about it later, though.

    Raising his arms in an appropriately grand gesture, Rob let a whispered word pass his lips, uttered in a language that never had been. With a sharp crack, the rock below him splintered in a long column, falling away as gravel. he followed it down, arriving after a few moments into a now gravel-strewn chamber of epic proportions. Landing low on the newly-formed pile of gravel below his entrance, he looked up to see what was going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: My Old Avatars, And Other Stuff
    Show

    Credit to araveugnitsuga for the sorceror avatar.Credit to DarkCorax for the L Avatar.


    Things that Used to be in my Sig:



  12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DarthArminius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Morcleon looked around at the battlefield that had become of the ship's frigate bay. Drones came pouring in from some unknown source, uncaring of the destruction that awaited them. "And still they come..." he grimaced. "Okay, enough is enough. I'm taking down the queen."

    He reaches inward and cracks open his inner eye, channeling with it the raw power of the Sixth Key. Forcing it out, he sends his mental tendrils into one of the nearest Borg not under attack. Through the drone, he finds and hijacks the controlling mechanism of the queen. Once within the queen's mind, he takes the myriad of controlling links to the drone horde, and shuts down the swarm.
    The swarm begins to falter and eventually they all stop. They are in effect, put to sleep. One wonders if the Personae had seen Star Trek the Next Generation before. Nonetheless, the Borg threat is shut down for now.

  13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    General Vicinity of Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Letting out a deep breath, Morcleon grins. "Well, it seems that they're just normal Borg, eh? Karan, *activate the ship and get us airborne. I want a full inventory of all the supplies we have and I want you to stick all these thousands of Borg drones into the PDA for resources."

    Snapping his fingers, his remaining clones dispersed into hair. He slipped the Key back into his sleeve, and turned to his companions with a smile. "Make yourselves at home, and see if you can't scout out he ship's interior. I may be great at the game, but everything there is external."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    "Everyone carries something important enough to die for and they are running around so as not to lose it."
    -Kamijou Touma

    Homebrew:

    Nexus Characters
    RailITP Characters

  14. - Top - End - #404
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DreamingMage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Way Up North

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Jacob, Morcleon:
    The Bridge of the Pride of Hiigara
    With the immediate threat dealt with, you have time to check up on the ship. It seems operable, if not in prime condition. As you take stock of the controls, you notice something out of the corner of your eye. Outside, fading into the distance across several great mounds of snow, a strange scene unfolds: a series of great cracks are appearing in the icy ground, as something dark and huge approaches the plains from below. As you watch, a huge shard of ice splinters upwards, pushed by an enormous, clawed limb. A tentacle of equal proportions follows, pushing against the ice as several more limbs burst forth. Suddenly, a bright light glares into your eyes from around the ice, as a half-dozen holes are wrenched through the fabric of reality around the emerging monstrosity. Humanoid figures pour through, attacking the limbs with strange, beam-like weapons and glowing swords. Some launch into the air, flying in an unsteady and remarkably linear fashion. They are too far away to make out perfectly, but you are fairly sure they are some sort of well-organised, cohesive force. Despite their efforts, the thing in the ice is pulling itself free. A great mass of a body emerges, and a pair of enormous glowing eyes open near the core, staring out at the Pride.

    Kate:
    An Unknown City
    As you start to move, the air is filled with a multitude of screams and cries. Hundreds of large winged creatures drop out of the clouds above, soaring down towards the military force arrayed before you. Their return fire is cut off as bright-red demonic figures wielding swords almost as long as their owners are tall emerge from thin air, cutting great arcs through the assembled infantry. More emerge all around, a group closing in on you. Looking around, you note a discarded SMG and a beat-up-looking blackberry.

    Erik:
    A Small, Comfy House in the Middle of Nowhere
    As you settle in, you start noticing small inconsistencies. Things seem better organized than when you left, walls are slightly different colours. Perhaps it is just your perception of things... new minds in your head influencing how you see the world now that you have time to really take a look. But no, you are sure you had left that book on your bed, not on the table... and there were dishes in the drying rack when you left. Finally, you confirm the feeling: hiding behind a chair, you find an old ethernet port. Those haven't been used for years, ever since everything went wireless. Something is going on, and you don't like it.
    Last edited by DreamingMage; 2012-10-08 at 08:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: My Old Avatars, And Other Stuff
    Show

    Credit to araveugnitsuga for the sorceror avatar.Credit to DarkCorax for the L Avatar.


    Things that Used to be in my Sig:



  15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    "So. Infinite universes has this place be another variant of me."
    "P-E equals 1."
    "That would make enchanting. Annoying."
    "And I was looking forward to watching."
    "Well I am relived."
    "Agreed."
    "Woss."
    "Shall. Shall we wait here or looks around."
    "Your limbs."
    "How about you cloak me?"
    "Huh. Oh... I can do that."

    After a moment, Erik walks out of the house, still armed and in armour, but invisible.

  16. - Top - End - #406
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    ....so, Saber.

    "Yes?"

    About the sword. Are we ready to-

    "Yes, yes we are. Do it. Now."

    "Finally."

    "Meh."

    "WOAH, hold up. Grab that phone. And that gun, since it's right there and I want it."

    Canaan, is now really-

    "Yes, now. Before you nuke the area."

    "She's right, I'm getting an odd feeling. Grab the phone, fire the sword, and get to work. MOVE, Kate!"

    Right. OK. Jump for random objects Canaan and Saber say might be important, shove them in bag. Only a few moments had passed since the things appeared, so they were still nicely packed together; there were friendlies (probably) on the ground, so she looked skyward. Draw sword, feel the pull on her energy as it, finally, fully manifests its power, feel for those memories, pull back for a strike, and....

    "EXCALIBUR!"

    ....let 'er rip.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Just to be clear, Excalibur, besides allowing Saber to manifest her full skill, strength, speed, etc., serves, in TvTropes parlance, as a Wave Motion Sword - probably teh second most powerful in its setting. Also, Sysnesthesia check, in case there's something important to be known.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Where did you start yours?

    Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

  17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    General Vicinity of Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    "Karan...? Now would be a good time to get this ship up in the air... Preferably before that tentacle thing gets here?"

    "The ship is powering up now. We will be airborne shortly."

    "Good. Start building some ships with the RUs we got from the Borg drones. Get at least one resourcer, then get us some combat capability. Thrawn, suggestions?"

    "Hmm... Perhaps it would be best to start off diplomatically. But I doubt that it will succeed, especially considering the fact that it is already in combat. Start an ion frigate, then two interceptor squadrons. Send the frigate out to snipe the creature from long range with the fighters as escort. I think that's all that the Borg RUs will let us build."

    As this rapid plan came together, the Pride of Hiigara had already begun to rise. The ice around it having been melted earlier by Amaterasu, the mothership's engines fired against the gravity of the planet, slowly lifting the massive vessel into the air. It righted itself, and slowly turned to face the new arrivals.

    The Sixth Key slipped from his sleeve into Morcleon's waiting hand, and he wrote upon the air a simple yet strong divination spell, searching the multiverse for data on the two as of yet unknown sides. Creating a hair clone, he turned to Jacob with a grin. "So, you up for some diplomancy? I'll send my clone with you, seeing as I have to stay on the bridge to control the ship. He'll fill you in on the information from my divination."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Building a resourcer, an ion frigate and two interceptor squadrons. I assume that the many thousands of Borg we fought gave us at least enough for those ships...?
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-10-06 at 11:31 PM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    "Everyone carries something important enough to die for and they are running around so as not to lose it."
    -Kamijou Touma

    Homebrew:

    Nexus Characters
    RailITP Characters

  18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DarthArminius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Jacob
    "Sure Morcleon. Please fill me in, and yes, I"d love to be our representative." Jacob awaited for the information patiently. Meanwhile, in side his mind, he could feel the arguments repeating and repeating ad infinitum. It was making him visibly uncomfortable. Hawke's charming retorts, Zeus'es overbearing attitude, Death Evan's arrogance, Ganon's ambition to overwhelm the others, not to mention Mateus'es pride, were reverberating throughout his skull. Even Shinnok was bellowing his curses at the others.
    Last edited by DarthArminius; 2012-10-06 at 11:21 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #409
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DreamingMage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Way Up North

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Erik:
    Just Outside A Small, Comfy House in the Middle of Nowhere
    Everything seems normal outside, a peaceful day. You spot a few small critters scampering across the ground as you slam close the door. The wind blows gently through the trees, playing a calming tune to your mind. Just behind it, though, you think you hear a whisper, a half-formed breath of a quiet conversation.
    Da-...-realiz-...-can't hol-
    -still too hu-...-ew mor-...-let go-...

    Kate:
    The Skies Over An Unknown City
    You cut through the flying horrors almost as efficiently as their earth-bound brethren cut through the soldiers. A few launch themselves at you in a futile attempt to bring you down, but you are able to dodge and counter each in turn. A you fly on, you notice someone flying just behind your back. A huge hawk swoops down to match you on your right, and you see that someone is holding on to its back. The short figure raises itself up a bit, giving you a glimpse of dark shorts, a green shirt, and purple hair just hiding an eyepatch. "Good afternoon, champion. A conflict is upon us, a struggle for power unmatched by any throughout history. I seek your help and alliance." The newcomer glances forward, and then quickly back to you.
    "I'll leave you now, but we will meet again. Watch out ahead!"
    His hawk pulls briefly ahead, then pulls up quickly and drops behind, leaving you face to face with a fast-approaching monster unlike any you have met so far. It is twice as tall as any human, mainly built of a large, reptilian body and vulture-like head, with a pair of great feathered wings holding it up. It is swathed in a robe of white fabric, and holds a large, ornate staff. It opens its beak, and hurls a large bolt of shimmering psychic energy towards you.

    Morcleon and Jacob:
    The Bridge of the Pride of Hiigara
    The borg have left you with around 2000RU immediately available. As the ship rises, you see that the fight across the snow-dunes is going badly for the humans. Many of them pull back, retreating into portals similar to those they arrived through. The huge monster finishes pulling itself free, rearing to its full height. It seems almost as large as a battlecruiser. Strangely, it does not roar or flail about, but sets off towards you with a sinister precision.
    The results of Morcleon's divination are sparse. You know that the humanoids are powerful, and a new force in the world. They don't have enough history to fully define them. The larger creature... it is something from beyond the depths of history: something hated and despised. No one knows much about it, but what little there is to know are ancient whispers of fear and terror, prophecy and legend. Part of a name emerges: Marit.
    Last edited by DreamingMage; 2012-10-08 at 08:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: My Old Avatars, And Other Stuff
    Show

    Credit to araveugnitsuga for the sorceror avatar.Credit to DarkCorax for the L Avatar.


    Things that Used to be in my Sig:



  20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    General Vicinity of Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Morcleon

    As he finished the divination, Morcleon's eyes widened in shock. "Holy crap it's a 20/20 flying indestructible. It's Marit Lage... This is gonna be troublesome..." He began to ease the mothership up and away from the tentacled being, keeping the guns aimed at it.

    "Ah, you do realize it's indestructible...?

    "Yeah, but it makes me feel safer."

    In the fighter bay, the clone, upon receiving this information, sighed. "...oh bother. We're fighting a card from Magic: The Gathering. It's an indestructible 20/20 flying creature, so we'll have to seal it away. Oh, and the other guys are pretty powerful, although I can't find anything else on them. Come on, let's get to the outside of the ship. Got any good sealing techniques? I might have one or two..." With a grin, he walked toward the energy field separating the bay from the outside world.

    Meanwhile, the production facilities laid the final touches upon the first resource collector built upon the Pride of Hiigara for a long, long time...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yay! Battle against an indestructible! Also, resourcer. To get more resources once we find an asteroid (or I suppose we could always find a mountain and harvest it...).

    RUs: 1600
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    "Everyone carries something important enough to die for and they are running around so as not to lose it."
    -Kamijou Touma

    Homebrew:

    Nexus Characters
    RailITP Characters

  21. - Top - End - #411
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Erik
    Frowning, incantations come to mind. His mind was sharp, and quickly he realised an illusion was at play. Not a mental illusion, otherwise he wouldn't notice at all, all his minds where to strong, and one was outright immune.
    And it didn't have to do with invisibility, he could already peirce that. And his resistance to magic, he
    His words are a whisper.

    "Something is wrong, Phage, I need you to tell me if anything can be detected with motion, and discribe what you see, you could be circumvent. Lets make this spell loud."
    Begining an incantation, Erik quickly creates a varience of a devour magic, designed to disrupt magic and draw its power into himself safely, it was modified in that, with all the arcanists of many varied disciplines, they widened it and made it much more potent, centering it upon himself, he may loose some of his own spells, but there was definately something happening beyond his senses, and music was not common to an odly picked up radio.

  22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DarthArminius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Morcleon and Jacob
    "Uh, so, any ideas what we could do?" Jacob said hopefully. "Perhaps I could do something. . . drastic? I could use all of the blood of the Borg with a blood magic ritual and attempt to assimilate it. Does that sound good? We'd have an indestructible on our side." Jake's eyes turned blood red as he talked about this. He seemed eerily at peace compared to earlier.

  23. - Top - End - #413
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Part of Kate's mind briefly considered questioning the sight of the man who had just spoken to her.

    On a giant hawk. In the air. While she was cutting through yet more monsters. With an eyepatch.

    It was perhaps a testament to how strange the life of a hero can be that Kate was in fact the only part of the gestalt that considered this overly unusual.

    That, and the rather significant fact of the particularly nasty demon-thing flying straight at her, convinced her to content herself with a muttered "Douchebag...." for the time being, before she twisted to avoid the assault, sent a spray of bullets at her new opponent and drew back her blade for a strike.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Where did you start yours?

    Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

  24. - Top - End - #414
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DreamingMage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Way Up North

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Morcleon and Jacob:
    The Pride of Hiigara
    As the ship pulls up, Marit slows to a halt, burning eyes still watching you. A ripple runs through her many limbs, and with a strangely fluid shudder, her form takes flight, chasing the Pride.
    She travels through the air like an octopus through water, tentacles somehow pushing against some unknown atmosphere to guide her. She is, ever so slightly, gaining on you.

    Erik:
    Just Outside A Small, Comfy House in the Middle of Nowhere?
    As the spell sweeps the surrounding landscape, it encounters nothing. The voices, however, are slowly becoming more audible.
    "He's going to figure it out soon, but he's still thinking about magic. Can we hurry up?"
    "A few more seconds are required for the healing program to take full effect. If he regains his senses before that, he may suffer mental side effects includ-"
    "Alright, I'll try to keep him in here a bit longer."
    There is a moment's silence.
    "Damn, I think he can hear us."
    Suddenly, everything around you flickers for a second. Then again. Colors begin to fade, buzzing out to static as white noise fills your ears. All of this cuts off abruptly, as you find yourself lying in a corner in a clean, metal room. There is a staggering, stabbing pain in your right side, and you look down to see a large wound running parallel to your ribs. It looks strangely shallow. As you watch, it knits itself together, and within five seconds the pain fades along with any trace of scar tissue.
    Looking up, you are alone. There is nothing of note in the room, but a door to your right.

    Kate:
    The Skies Over a Battleground
    The being screeches in pain, but does not seem to take any visible damage from the spray of bullets, which sink into its skin. It flickers out of reality for a quarter second, but regains its stability and raises its staff to counter your sword.
    Last edited by DreamingMage; 2012-10-10 at 08:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: My Old Avatars, And Other Stuff
    Show

    Credit to araveugnitsuga for the sorceror avatar.Credit to DarkCorax for the L Avatar.


    Things that Used to be in my Sig:



  25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    General Vicinity of Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Morcleon

    The clone stepped onto the hull of the ship, a glow of blue chakra keeping it up. He stared out at the slowly approaching Marit and sighed. "Ah... the blood of the Borg is currently being broken down into their component atoms and reassembled. Oh well, I suppose we could always recreate the blood, though. How much do you think you'll need, and how long do you think the ritual will take to complete?"

    From inside the ship, Morcleon took the ship down to almost ground level, still moving away from Marit Lage. The first of the interceptors shot from the fighter bay, still warm from their rapid construction. They spread out in an evasive formation, and immediately began to spit high velocity slugs of metal at the being...

    Spoiler
    Show
    @DreamingMage: After Armin posts in reply, I have another thing for my clone to do before I'll need a reaction from Marit Lage, so please delay our IC post until after that, 'kay?

    RUs: 1100
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    "Everyone carries something important enough to die for and they are running around so as not to lose it."
    -Kamijou Touma

    Homebrew:

    Nexus Characters
    RailITP Characters

  26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DarthArminius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Jacob
    "Well, the entire blood's supply of at least one of these is all I think I need. I have no idea how long the ritual would take however. If that's not all, I think I'll get to work right now." Jake took out the sword of Olympus and began to get at work in another room on the Pride, cutting one of victims in pieces. The blood stream began to pour out of site, but it was a ghastly site indeed. If he hadn't have had the souls of Hawke and the others inside of him, he would have not been able to even handle the site of what he was doing."
    Last edited by DarthArminius; 2012-10-10 at 03:57 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    General Vicinity of Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Morcleon

    "Good. Let's hope this works. Otherwise we'll probably be screwed." Chuckling, the clone crouched down, forming a hand sign. An aura of purple fire began to coalesce around him, creating a large chakra suit, with the beak of a raven. From inside, he nodded to Jacob. "I'll try to stall it for a bit, although I don't expect to succeed for long..."

    With this, he jumped from the hull down to the ice, between the Pride and Marit Lage. A single arrow of black fire leapt from his hand to strike the creature in a bold challenge.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    "Everyone carries something important enough to die for and they are running around so as not to lose it."
    -Kamijou Touma

    Homebrew:

    Nexus Characters
    RailITP Characters

  28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DarthArminius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    The Assimiliation
    Returning with the consumed blood of a Human Borg's blood, with magic coursing inside him preventing his assimilation, Jake nodded towards the viewing screen. He quickly exited the interior and made his way onto the Hull of the Pride of Hiigara. He slashed his hands with a dagger. The blood dripped slowly, and the blood magic began to cause his blood, with all the Borg Nanobots to stream towards the odd creature. He could always jump back into the ship and take more samples if this spell failed. Or he could try something else. Of course this was a long shot.

  29. - Top - End - #419
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DreamingMage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Way Up North

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Jacob and Morcleon:
    The Pride of Hiigara
    The clone's bolt disappears harmlessly into the writhing bulk of tentacles, seemingly no more effective than a mosquito kicking an elephant. With a casual flick, one of Marit's limbs swings around far faster and farther than you would have thought possible, colliding with Morcleon's duplicate. The log-like mass hits him with the force of a train driven by a particularly enthusiastic engineer, sending him flying off into a nearby snowbank.
    This slight distraction gives Jacob's blood time to almost reach the monster. As it closes in on Lage's body, however, something seems to go wrong. It starts clumping up just short of her, and with a chill, he realizes it is freezing. Before he can so much as cut the spell off, the flash-freezing has spread back up the thin strands of blood, and he feels a surge of magic flow through him. For the next few seconds he finds himself unable to call on any blood magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: My Old Avatars, And Other Stuff
    Show

    Credit to araveugnitsuga for the sorceror avatar.Credit to DarkCorax for the L Avatar.


    Things that Used to be in my Sig:



  30. - Top - End - #420
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    "This can't be right."
    "I begenerate and have a high pain tollerence but I can tell you this wasn't here before."
    "And I was wearing armour."
    "Well then, it looks like I'm officialny nuts or there is much more at work here."
    "Not the fey though, or any demonics I know."
    "Something makes me wan't to say computer simulation."
    "Please explain... Ohh... Interesting."
    "Gone from forum game to computer game."
    "Well then, lets go be a protagonist."
    "Sounds like fun."

    There is no such thing as an unarmed or unarmoured magic user, and dispite a warlock not knowing many spells normally, multi-realm access had Aleandrea take time to class fiddle, amoungst other things.
    And by homebrew, the word for her known invocations was:
    All of them.
    Not that she remembered them all at once, that is. Taking a few minutes of various incantations from multiple brains at once, the man who opened the door would be a 'bonfire' of magic, barring any anti-magic feilds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •