New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

Erik:
    A Small Broom Closet Adjacent to the Bridge of The Pride of Hiigara
    Taking a deep breath, you try the door handle. Finding it loose, you turn it and throw open the door... to reveal the bridge of the Pride. Morcleon stands in front of you, focused on something outside the ship.

Morcleon:
    Bridge of the Pride of Hiigara
    As you watch the action proceeding outside, a small, plain door opens behind you. Standing in the doorway, fully clad for battle, is Erik. Behind him appears to be an empty broom closet.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Erik And Jacob
    "Erik, glad you could get here. Could we get some help?" Jake said intelligently. He was smiling, although blood was dripping from his self-inflicted wound, he was perfectly fine. Apparently, Jake was having some strange kind of fun having his life in danger. It was a nice change of Jake fearing for his life.

Edit:
    (Nevermind. Placeholder for Post)
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2012-10-10 at 07:19 PM.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Firbolg in the Playground

Erik
    "-The F***."
    Erik looks back and forth, then back again.
    "I've a feeling I shouldn't think about it to hard..."
    With an incantation, Erik shifts up suddenly and is now covered in the 'common' sparten armour.
    "Where did you lot go."
    "Don't know, don't ask. Now then, lets take a look at your problem."

4. - Top - End - #424

Morcleon

"Ah, Erik. Welcome to the Pride of Hiigara. Mind your step; we haven't gotten everything cleaned up yet." Morcleon continued to fiddle with the controls, not looking up.

"Our current situation is as follows. We're in Antarctica. Jacob and one of my clones are outside holding off Marit Lage, from Magic: The Gathering. Jacob is tryin-" He suddenly stopped and winced. "...correction, failed to assimilate Marit Lage, and my clone just got knocked back by a giant tentacle. If you have any form of mind control or sealing techniques, that would be greatly appreciated. Preferably something that has at least a superficial resemblance to the Magic system."

Morcleon's Clone

As it flew into the snow drift, the Susanoo armor protected it from the worst of the damage. It lay there for a moment, then leapt up, breathing hard. "Heh... At least the little beastie lives up to its reputation... My attack did nothing to it!"

The duplicate dashed toward Marit Lage again, but this time staying well out of reach of its tentacles. Instead, the sharingan spun into the familiar shape of the eternal Mangekyou, and they stared into the creature's multiple eyes. "Hmph. Tsukuyomi."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Orc in the Playground

....the hell was that?

"I think it stopped existing for a moment. At least on our current plane of existence."

"I recommend a heavier, more sustained assault, the goal being to destabilize it."

"Which probably means magic, preferably fire."

"I like that last part. Can we do that last part?"

Yeah, fire. Let's do that.

Kate pulled back slightly, disengaging just long enough to grunt out "Agilaon!" before leaping back in with a powerful slash.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Morcleon Clone:
    A Barren Mindscape
    Opening your eyes to the plane you have pulled Marit to, you see, to your surprise, that she is not there. Looking around, the place is as you remembered it, if perhaps a bit darker around the edges. The gargantuan monster, however, is nowhere to be found. Worse yet, you cannot seem to break the spell off, nor leave this space. You could swear you hear a deep, echoing laughter in the back of your mind.

Morcleon, Erik, and Jacob:
    Various Points on the Pride of Hiigara
    Behind the ship, Marit surges forward, tentacles and clawed limbs pausing for a moment to envelop the limp body of the clone. They tighten with a quick crunch, and then cave in as flesh returns to hair.
    Lage turns her attention back to the ship, cruising towards you at a renewed pace.

Kate:
    The Skies Over a Massacre
    The being in front of you hisses disturbingly as your sword cleaves clean through its staff, barely giving it time to dodge back. Grabbing half of the staff in each clawed hand, it pulls backwards, wings churning. Drawing back its head and muttering an incomprehensible phrase, it releases a spike of psychic energy in your direction at point blank range.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

7. - Top - End - #427

Erik takes a moment.
    "Veiwed, we can't take him without magic."
    "Blessed be homebrew and souls. I have Three Ideas of the top of my head. The combination I think most likely to work due to link with MTG is a little dangerous though."
    "Danger will have to do... MTG Creatures aren't shown to have a great will power, wish we actually had a planeswalker amoungst us. Ahh, thats the homebrew I want, lets go. Oh, and hieghtened speed, fun."

Then Erik incants through Aleandrea.
    Suddenly he disapears, reapearing almost within spitting distance of Marit Lage, and utters a word so fould the beast seems to recoil, followed by another, and another.
    Then, he not be being attacked, he says simply, thinking of the most impossible quest he can think of, but then desides on making it someone elses problem, someone that can probably kill it.
    "Inform The Lady Of Pain, who is the ruler of Sigil, the City of Doors, that I need you to be placed in a maze."

Spells:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ethereal Abduction
    Dark, 8th

When you use this invocation, you, any creatures touching you, and any objects carried by you or the other creatures are teleported to any location you are familiar with, as the greater teleportation spell. In addition, when you use this location, you may make a melee touch attack against any creature. If the attack is successful, the creature is teleported along with you, regardless of whether or not it is willing.

((Greater teleporting next to him, may also use it to move him elsewhere latter))

Dire Hex of Ill Fates
    Dark, 8th

You cast a great and terrible curse upon your foe. This invocation works as the curse of despair invocation, but the curse you may lay is even worse. In addition to the normal options, you may choose to reduce on of the target’s ability scores to 1; give the target a -6 penalty to two ability scores; give the target a -8 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, and ability or skill checks; or cause the target to have a 75% chance of being unable to take any action each round. The penalty on attack rolls the subject takes increases to -3, and its duration becomes one minute/level, rather than one minute. The dire hex of ill fates cannot be dispelled, and the break enchantment, limited wish, and remove curse spells are powerless against it unless cast by a caster with a caster level that exceeds yours by at least four. A miracle or wish can remove the hex with no difficulty

((Using to give: 75% do nothing, followed by -6 Str and Wisdom. Think a Tap spell that keeps casting, followed by a stat decrease))

Bound Beyond Death
    Dark, 9th

You speak a command in Dark Speech to a single creature within 30 ft. of you. If that creature fails a Will save, it must carry out the command, bound to your will as the geas/quest spell. In addition, if the subject of this invocation dies before completing his task, he is immediately raised as a ghost. If destroyed, the ghost is restored by its rejuvenation ability unless it has completed its task. You have no control over the ghost, except for the geas laid on it.

((Forcing him to accept a quest, Think mind controll))

Freezing Blast
    Greater, 6th, Eldritch Essence

This eldritch essence invocation allows you to change your eldritch blast into a freezing blast. A freezing blast deals cold damage, and a creature struck by one must make a Fortitude save or be frozen solid for one minute. A frozen creature cannot move, attack, or cast spells. They are considered immobile, lose their Dexterity bonus to AC, and take an additional -4 penalty to AC. Each round, a frozen creature may attempt another saving throw to end the effect.

((May use this latter))

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Erik:
    Mortal Danger
    Marit's form collapses back around each of your attacks, seemingly pushed backwards by the magical energy. As you finish speaking your command, you feel a strange noise in your mind: a grinding sound like interference derived from white noise. Somehow, you know that it is meant as laughter. A terrible, screeching voice calls out, surrounding you, seeming to come from all sides, and even from withing you. It speaks not words, but sounds, echoes, and roars. On some, subconscious level, you understand it's intent nonetheless. Roughly paraphrased, it goes as follows:
    You think you know me. You think you know what I am, you think you understand me. You think you can affect me in any way. You are so... small...
    The last is accompanied by an overwhelming feeling of holding a particularly annoying fly within your grasp, the kind you would normally crush without a second thought, but for some reason the universe has decreed that this one deserves a moment of contemplation before death. Then the... laughing begins again, echoing through your mind with a brutal force, shoving thought aside to make way for overwhelming panic.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-10-11 at 07:58 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

9. - Top - End - #429

Erik: Mortal Danger Huh?
    Moving back, Erik quickly recovers. With so many people of a strong will no ammount of fear can hold him long.
    "It is controlled by another. At most the curses sticked, but the Geas did not. And not due to a lethal order."
    Erik uses his suit to communicate with Morcleon and Jacob on the Pride of Hiigara.
    "Appologies for disapearing, but where about to land on Mars."
    With many flailing bits, it is easy to touch a limb, and with a potent invocation Erik disapears, hopefully with Marit Lage in tow, visualising a point on Mars (with the amount of photoes of Mars it is easy to visualise a point, not that he knows where).

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

Erik:
    Mars
    Marit looks somewhat surprised at your new location. For about a second, anyways. Giving you a glare, her form disappears with a sharp cracking sound. You know you've heard that sound before, and images are brought to your mind of Alexander and Rob's departures from Sigil.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

11. - Top - End - #431

Drik
    Mars/The Pride Of Hiigara
    Erik rolls his eyes and curses, the benifits of multiple minds, quickly returning to the Pride of Hiigara with the same invocation that placed him at Mars, looking to see if Marit has returned... Or if the geas has had an affect.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Morcleon, Jacob, and Erik:
    The Pride of Hiigara
    Marit is gone, dealt with for now. Where she's gone is, for the moment, unknown. Back towards where she first emerged, the forces that intercepted her have retreated back to their portals, leaving only a barren, icy plains with a large, cracked hole.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Orc in the Playground

Kate swore, letting the energy spike roll right off Saber's A-level Magic Resistance. It was immune to fire, apparently. Using Excalibur's full power on this thing would be a risk, with so many friendlies that she wasn't quite ready to give up on around. Same went for the Lance; was it immune to magic, or just fire? Was it worth trying another spell?

"You're over-thinking this. Look at it; it's not that strong a fighter. Just use Strike Air for a boost and finish it. We're wasting time on a pathetic thing like this while men die against the hoard."

Yeah, ok. I like Strike Air anyways.

Kate jumped back, called up the barrier, held Excalibur behind her, and released the storm of compressed air, hurtling towards her opponent.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

Kate:
    A Winning Battle
    With a quick strike, you push past the daemon's guard and cut it clean across the center. With a shriek, it collapses in on itself, blinking from reality altogether. Free to look around, you see that the sky has mostly cleared of enemies. below, however, the soldiers have literally been decimated. Unprepared for such close combat, they are being cut down in swaths. In turn, very few of the red daemons have been destabilized.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

15. - Top - End - #435

Erik, Jacob and Morcleon
    Pride of Hiigara

"Dealt with. At least, if The Lady of Pain can open up one of her mazes, which shouldn't be a problem. Could I get a status report."

Then suddenly he speaks with Aleandrea's voice.
    "You do know she is going to be pissed, right?"

16. - Top - End - #436

Morcleon

As Erik reappears on the bridge, Morcleon breathes a sigh of relief. "Good. Next time it comes at us, we'll have a better strategy."

He closes his eyes, concentrating through his link into the ship. After a moment, his voice sounds out, completely bereft of emotion or inflection, and far more feminine than it should be. "Ship hull integrity is at approximately 80%. Current fleet consists of one resource collector, and two interceptor squads. Current RU levels... 600."

Disconnecting from the ship, he blinks several times. When he next speaks, his voice has reverted back to normal. "Wow... That was quite the experience..."
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Orc in the Playground

Right. OK. That's still happening.

"Just in case anyone forgot, I can heal that. Or a lot of it."

"Good idea. I recommend we do that, heal as many soldiers as we can in one shot, and then use more destructive magic on the hoard. None of them look strong enough to merit more personal attention yet."

Kate gestured in the general direction of the largest concentration of soldiers and invoked: "Mediarama." Then she took a more general stance - targets were all around. Fire and wind were too likely to damage her allies; she felt Yu grin. Lightning was his preferred element. "Mazio!"

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacob
    "Somehow we'll have to cancel the immense cold barrier the creature possesses. If I could try to assimilate, I need for something to remove it's cold barrier. Only way I could assimilate it. Oh, and I hope the Borg don't awake. I don't think we managed to shut them down completely." The core soul was now speaking with intense coolness. He didn't seem so nervous and full of anxiety. Things were progressing.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Kate:
    A Battlefield
    The healing spell does wonders for the soldiers fighting below. Some are clearly too far gone to recover (being cut clean in half is generally considered to be very bad for human health) but for the rest, it is a welcome break in the bad luck. The lightning following it feeds their newfound hope, the crackling chain ripping through daemons left and right. Each lets out a bloodcurdling howl for a second before destabilizing and collapsing back to wherever they came from. In a moment, only a handful remain, and they retreat after their injured brethren.
    The soldier who cried out to you earlier is among the survivors. he waves you down, a look of thanks on his face.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

20. - Top - End - #440

Morcleon

"Not completely shut down? Well, we'll have to remedy that, won't we?" said Morcleon with a slight note of concern in his voice. "Karan, turn all the Borg matter into something less dangerous, like stone."

"Very well. The process should be done shortly."

Morcleon turned back to Jacob, and grinned. "The issues with the Borg remnants should be dealt with now. As for the cold barrier, it's likely that, seeing how MTG works on land-based power, a not insignificant part of the barrier may have come from the fact that we are in Antarctica, and thus an ice land. If we next face it on a mountain, for example, I suspect it will be somewhat weaker. And for the rest of its defenses, I may be able to tear a hole in them long enough for you to assimilate it."

21. - Top - End - #441
    Orc in the Playground

Kate swipes off her sword and walks to the man. "So as I was saying before we were interrupted, what the hell is going on? For that matter, just to be on the safe side, what year is it?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm kinda resisting teh urge to write out a long, feel-y RP betwixt and between LGK, but long story short, Saber is, true to form, frustrated at her own perceived shortcomings, namely failing to better take charge and utilize Yu's magic more effectively, thereby costing lives; Rei, Canaan, and Yu empathize, and she kinda gets over it, for now. Kate largely stays out of it, as fangirling over her own past lives would be awkward, and she still hasn't quite mastered teh impulse.

Just....kinda thought I'd mention that.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Kate:
    A Battleground
    "To be honest, I'm not even sure anymore." replies the man, lowering his weapon.
    "Everything's gone straight to hell over the last few hours. We've been trying to organize some form of safe haven for civilians; there's a makeshift bunker about half a click that way." He gestures over his shoulder, towards a group of smouldering ruins.
    "I was hoping you'd have some idea what's going on, actually. We lost contact with HQ a few minutes after the first one arrived."
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Orc in the Playground

"I very strongly recommend that you stop thinking about telling them anything."

What? I didn't even say anything yet!

"You were about to. At least until we've talked to the others."

"People have this odd tendency to not believe you when you say you're hunting monsters to save the world."

"Keep knowledge where it's needed; if it is determined that informing them of the full situation may be beneficial, we will reassess at a later time."

OK, OK, I GET IT. Don't say anything.

Shaking her head slightly, Kate turned to the soldier. "Alright, let's get to that base, I guess. I may have some clue as to what's going on, but I'd need to confirm a few things with some friends. Till then, can you fill me in on what you know?"

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Kate:
    On The Move
    The soldier gives a gesture towards the others, and they start off towards the ruins, moving with a precise sense of professionalism.
    "We don't really know much ourselves. Myself and the boys of Tau-4 here were out to support another team when our transport was forced to ground a few clicks from this city. Those flying skips came out of nowhere, and that was just the beginning of it. Over the past few hours, seems like every crazy nightmare has been through here trying to kill us. We fared better than the local forces: we're used to this sort of stuff. Now, though, those red bastards almost got us. We'd be much obliged if you stayed around."
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-10-13 at 12:33 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Orc in the Playground

Kate stumbled slightly. "'Skips'? Like, SCPs? Are you guys Foundation?"

"Oh, fun. Please don't get locked up."

Like they could hold us.

"Could've used their help in Inaba...."

"They probably would have all just gotten in the way or killed. NERV has generally inferior training, but superior leadership. Though I would be curious to know who's leadership is superior in single combat...."

"That's true. I don't need a bunch of Class D's Shadows wandering about."

"Seriously, most of these guys have nothing on even Alphard, let alone me. Not that I'd do much better in some of those hellholes....whoa, Alphard's shadow would be freaking scary."

You all know what SCP is?!

"Wait, what are you all talking about? What am I missing?"
    Last edited by AkaiNeko; 2012-10-14 at 03:16 PM.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

Kate:
    The Midst of some 'Regular Military Types'
    "Ye- No! No, we're just regular military types. I meant, like... skip. Yeah. What's an SCP? I don't know what an SPC is. Do you know what an SCPC is, Rick?" This last is directed to one of the others, who sports a long-barreled rifle and an NCO's cap.
    "No, sir, no idea what an SCP is, sir."
    "Well, there you go! No idea whatsoever. If you don't mind me asking, what is an SCP, and how did you hear about them?"
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Morcleon and Jacob

"Well Morcleon, now what? I want to see the computer's scanner. How does thing work? I"m curious about the state of the world at the moment. How's home? I suddenly have an intense fear for the state of the world if all these Borg are around."

28. - Top - End - #448

Morcleon

"I actually have no idea how the sensors here work; I've only played the game, although Karan knows, and we'll probably have to exit the atmosphere to do any worldwide scanning."

"...the sensors work by sending out lightspeed pulses of various particles and analyzing the returning reflections."

He relays Karan's thoughts, and then continues on with his previous statement with a shrug. "...actually, that's a pretty good idea, not only so we can ascertain the state of the world. Space also has asteroids for mining, which we'll need if we want any sort of decent fleet."

He again takes control of the Pride, and it rises up into the cold sky, into orbit around Earth.

Spoiler
    Show
    @DreamingMage: What's the state of the planet according to our sensors?

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Morcleon and Jacob:
    The Pride of Hiigara
    Once the ship achieves stable orbit, and begins scanning, the results are chilling. The full count of life-forms on Earth will take some time to compute, but overall there has been a reduction of almost 50% of energy produced, and as you pass the dark side of the world, you can see that at least half of the normal lights are out. There is a huge scar-like canyon now running across southern China, and England seems to have disappeared entirely. A fair portion of the southern USA seems to have been glassed, but the northern part is comparatively fine, from what you can tell.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-10-15 at 09:36 AM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

30. - Top - End - #450

Morcleon

"...well, that's not good." Morcleon stares down at the sensor report, with a shocked expression. He turns the screen to the others, and says, in a quiet voice, "Alright. This is the current state of Earth. As you can see, things are pretty screwed up."

"First thing we need to do if find the rest of the Personae. A cohesive intelligence and combat force is paramount if we want any chance of success." He pauses. "Does anyone know where the rest of the Personae have gone?