New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

"Oh, um, no. Actually I was wondering if there was anything I might be able to help with. I have some experience with healing. I'm Kate by the way."
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Firbolg in the Playground

Erik, Morcelon and Jacob

"Well what about you Jacob, do you have a means of flight?"
    Erik passes the other two the headseats. There rather simple, but they allow two way chat. They however, will run over each other.
    "Only so much I can do, I'll try and keep the interference down."
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Why, yes I do have a means of flight." Jacob stated absentmindedly, silent throughout much of the entire ordeal. "I regret that I have not been as handy in this situation as I could have been." He said mysteriously. It seemed as if though he was dealing with something inside of himself. His eyes were coal black.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

Kate:
    Tau-4's Hideout
    Daniels smiles. "Healing, you say? Interesting. I'm afraid I'm only trained in medicine myself... What can you do? I've done all I can to stabilize these people, but we don't have anything anomalous approved for field use. If you could do anything further..."

Jacob, Morcleon, and Erik:
    A Field
    Far away, over one of the two lower hills, you can hear the beginnings of what sounds like thunder... or perhaps like a large number of people running. People or things. Whatever you plan to do, it might be best to do so quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Orc in the Playground

Kate nods at Daniels. "Alright. Let's see how this works." She turns to the patients and commanded: "Media!"

Spoiler
    Show
    The target-all-friendlies variant of teh basic heal spell. If it works, I follow up with Amrita - cure all status ailments - on each, and any repeat applications of heal spells that are needed. Also I'm keeping an eye out around me in case someone reacts negatively to this display.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

Kate:
    Tau-4's Hideout
    The spell works its magic (pardon the terrible semi-pun), healing two major fractures, countless lacerations, and one severe puncture. The follow-up cures two would-be infections.
    Daniels' face is taught, staring at each patient in turn, and watching how they react to your actions. He moves forward once the spells have taken their course, checking limbs set in bandages, cuts wrapped in gauze. He steps back, turning towards you. He has a smile on his face.
    "That was incredible. Under normal circumstances, I'd probably have to try to restrain you, but now... all I can do is ask how you did that."
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Dwarf in the Playground

The work is fairly easy going. The cavern is soon transformed into a working base, complete with a semi-autonomous defense system. Sam had, with the aid of the Fae and the Djinn, carved out living quarters and a workshop in good order. The small pond at the center of the space had been covered with fortified glass. Finally, Elspeth had used mana in order to summon wisp-spirits to keep the entire base coated in a soft white light. It had been some time since she had gotten the chance to work undisturbed like this.
    I realize that we have been fortifying our position, but should we not be actually investigating the course of events on Earth?
    Soon, Professor. This place is a failsafe, somewhere to retreat to should all else fail. Honestly, I think we needed the space.
    Progress on the suit is nearly complete as well. I've got the hydraulics functioning, but I'm still need to graft the outer plates to the exo-skeleton.
    Boba and I have been working on that. We've configured a similar mithril-beskar alloy for the outer plates, but we've increased the density of the latter. It should correspond in a far more effective plate, durability speaking, even though it will sacrifice some of my magical power.
    Ah, that reminds me. Victor, we're going to need some sort of HUD if we want to build a helmet with a visor.
    Yes, I assumed as much. Unfortunately, I will need to be wired up to the Net in order to configure one. Until then, we will need to go without a helmet.
    Going au naturel sounds safer to me. I like having access to peripheral vision.
    I bet you do.
    Sam hovers in the middle of the space, looking down over what will be her new suit of armor, and maybe her coffin. It was strange that none of the other Personae had tried to contact her in such a long time. Xavier was right. Once the armor was finished, it was time to take the fight to the surface.

Winner of the MtG card design contest 'Winner is the Judge', Week 5!

8. - Top - End - #488

Erik, Jacob, Morcleon
    A Field, France

"And here comes that which comes..." Morcleon proclaims as he takes a headset from Erik and puts it on. "I'll see what's going on from above."*He slowly fades from view, but, as he does so, one could see his form jump onto a small cloud under his feet.

Invisible now, he flies up, drawing his chokuto and the Sixth Key as he does so. He crouches down on his cloud and gazes down over the hill with his sharingan.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

9. - Top - End - #489

Erik
    A Feild in France

Erik jumped high into the air, fadding into invisibility and entering flight before he hit the ground. Unlike Morcleon, he flew towards the sound instead of up.

And now he had a storm of not that funny jokes from his other souls, and he couldn't roll his eyes fast enough. It's what he got for his theatrics.
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Orc in the Playground

Kate scratched the back of her head. "Um, magic, more or less. Kinda figured this wasn't really the appropriate situation to be hiding it."

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

Erik and Morcleon:
    The Skies of France
    Upon cresting the hill as you soar into the air, it becomes obvious what was causing the sound: a wave of darkness flowing over the landscape towards your location. Erik, moving closer, is able to make out what it is: a truly ludicrous mass of chitin and fang moving with eerie unity. A swarm that will devour all in its path. Tyranids.

Kate:
    Tau-4's Sanctuary
    The man's expression tells you he was halfway expecting you to say that, and that he isn't too skeptical. He's seen plenty of strange stuff, it's mostly taken for granted now. Nonetheless, he lets out a slow whistle.
    "Just plain, old-school magic, eh? I don't suppose you could teach me to do that?"
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Dwarf in the Playground

We should be ready now. Sam takes a moment to examine the armor in its entirety: the smooth plates interlocking and leaving no significant weak points. Beneath the outer armor, a hydraulic exo-skeleton would attach to an inner shell, granter her a great deal more mobility in battle as well as bulking her up considerably. The entire construct was be powered by an internal reactor - the soft white glow from the center chest-piece flowed outwards in miniature pulses.
    I based the design off of Tony Stark's Iron Man weapon. While I unfortunately did not have access to the same elements, this reactor is powered by a combination of my own power and some of Elspeth's white magic.
    Yes, I have cast several enchantments on the armor as well. It should result in a personal healing field, as well as auto-repairing the plates. I've also had Victor build in an artifact to the reactor core: something called a Sol Ring. If you are in need of mana, just tap it for a little boost.
    Now all that's left is to try it on. Fey? Stepping forwards into the center of the chamber, Sam uses Fey to open up another pocket dimension before sending the suit of armor through. She can feel the weight of the construct on her already, before the elf brings it back through on Sam's body. The armor fits her perfectly, and Sam barely notices the weight. It feels as if she were in her own skin.
    Good. Xavier, lower the telepathic barrier and start a sweep of the planet. I want to know what's been going on. We've got to find the others as soon as possible.
    As you wish.
    Last edited by TheAntiplanar; 2012-10-31 at 12:01 PM.

13. - Top - End - #493

Erik
    Immediately Eldrad filled in the rest of souls, and by using Erik's mouth everybody else.

"Who else here is thinking pre-emptive nuking?"
    'Yea, I'm thinking mass is all we can do. Destroying leader beasts just reduces coordination, which will just make destruction more widespread then thourough.'
    'I wish I had been given half an hour to use all the souls and place them into a shiftable build, then it would take not to long to deal with this. I've simply been able to pick up things.'
    'I think my AOE spells would be best, coupled with your mana stores. We won't be able to move much though.'
    'So toughing it out?'
    'Can we get out of my suit first. I kinda dislike this option.'
    'Flight doesn't take much. We could do it as fly by blasts.'
    'That would work. Here is to blasting.'

Then Erik begins Speaking to the others.
    "I can do fly by bombings, but I would be having a little trouble defending myself, outside of statics buffs."
    Show

Life is Hectic.

14. - Top - End - #494

Morcleon
    Skies of France

Listening in, Morcleon pipes up. "I can run protection for you. Most of my powers focus around small numbers of targets anyway."

He disappears from his current position to reappear in a burst of displaced air beside Erik. With a rapid jerk and wince, he pulls a rather large cluster of hair from the back of his neck and blows it across the battlefield. Each flips into a copy of himself. The clouds they float on seem to blend into an imposing wall of roiling white. The original grins deviously and slashing his hand down with an exultant battle cry. As one, the clone army begins to swirl with dark violet energies. A fully armored Susanoo coalesces around each, and blades of hellfire form in their hands.

"We'll provide defense and clean up for any of them too spread out for your bombing. Let's take 'em out," claims the original, with a barely suppressed expression of glee on his face. "Suddenly and violently and all over the place!"
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

Morcleon and Erik:
    The Plains of Battle
    In front of you, the Tyranid swarm pulls to a halt. Strangely enough, this does not appear to be because of you. A quick glance behind you reveals that something is happening: a large hole has opened in reality at the crest of the other hill. Forces in red tactical armor lined with black and gold are marching through, quickly setting up makeshift fortifications along the hill using some sort of advanced machinery.
    Suddenly, a voice rings through your heads, deep, old, and powerful. It isn't quite speaking English, but your mind reads it that way anyways.
    "Join us, champions, and the riches of the universe will be ours. Join me." It is spoken more as a command than a request. A mental compulsion forces you to look down at the swarm. A large synapse-beast, likely a hive tyrant, is staring up at you, eyes glowing an eerie blue. An instant later, its head explodes. It would seem that it was eliminated by a high-powered sniper round from the army in red. A furious roar goes up from among the Tyranid ranks, and they charge towards the hill, ignoring you even as they run right up to you.

Morcleon!Clone
    The Pride of Hiigara
    As you keep an eye on the mining operation in progress, you see a new alert appear on the ship's comms array. It seems the search you ordered earlier has continued running, and has turned up a new result. A point is pulsing on the map near the shattered ruins of England: Newgrange, Ireland.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-10-29 at 10:58 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

16. - Top - End - #496

Morcleon and Erik:
    The Plains of Battle

Erik had played Dawn of War, mostly as a curiosity, being an older game.
    And he recognised Chaos Marines even before Eldard did and info dump.
    "Correction on targets, that portal need to be closed, I would say yesterday but you may well try that."
    'I'm am unexperienced with these sorts of portals. I don't think I will just be able to blow struts or anything, and I can't exactly calm the warp.'
    'I can, with difficulty. It would be best just to drive them back.'
    "Ok, Consulted with Eldrad. Anyone who could think of how to calm the warp would be good. We need to drive the Chaos forces back should they be so, if we can direct the now panicked 'nids against the Chaos forces it would be perfect."

As it was, Erik began flying towards the Marines, wether or not he was right, as soon as he aproached near a cluster, he exploded with magical power, of that the Maidens cariety, with Aleandrea lending it an acidic essence.

Spoiler
    Show
    Can't remember what it is, and I cant access the Demons souls wiki, but a powerful explosion centered on me. However it will instead by acid bassed and anti-magic.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

Erik:
    The Plains of Battle
    As you fly in, you realize, too late, that these are no chaos marines. Their armor is lighter, and they are not, in general, wearing helmets. Not that it matters: one notices you. Quick as lightning, you feel yourself thrown backwards, pulled by the waist. A call goes up among them, and another joins in. They move in a practiced, systematic fashion that you have trouble keeping up with. You are now being pushed and pulled at the same time, pinned in place in midair. The first one pulls out a small sidearm, briefly takes aim, and fires. You are enveloped by a sphere of energy for a second, then find yourself back at the Pride of Hiigara, apparently at your normal place in the timestream (that is to say, just after the time at which you went backwards in time).

Morcleon!Clone:
    The Pride of Hiigara
    With a small *pop* sound, a rather surprised-looking Erik appears in mid air in front of you, promptly falling to the ground face-first.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-10-30 at 08:09 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacob
    The conspicously inactive Jacob followed the others without doing much. Sure, occasionally he slashed something with the Sword of Olympus as it got close, and he looked to the others. "I'm so sorry." He said sadly. "I am fighting. . . within myself. It's so horrible."

19. - Top - End - #499

Erik and Clone
    Pride of Hiigara

"What the F***?!"
    'I can safely say I am clueless.'
    "Morcleon, tell yourself that those aren't chaos space marines, and to keep your main self out of the battle. Any of you souls have a clue?"
    The last part was obviously to himself, and he gets no mental response.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

20. - Top - End - #500

Clone!Morcleon
    The Pride of Hiigara

With a raised eyebrow, the clone listens to Erik's words. Nodding, he quickly closes his eyes and pulses a message to the original: "Erik's safe here on the Pride. He says they aren't chaos space marines and to keep the main body out of the battle. We also got a new Persona signal from some ruins in Ireland, so I'll send him to investigate."

"How very timely of you to drop in, though," he chuckles, again opening his eyes. "We just got a new Persona signal from Newgrange, Ireland. It's a set of ruins, and an archaeological site, although with the many changes, I wouldn't be too surprised if it ended up as a dungeon of sorts. Anyway, I would assume that this new Persona hasn't been using their powers until now, which would explain why we couldn't detect them before."

He turns back to the controls, tapping a few buttons to adjust the mining operations before turning back to Erik. "I'd like you to scry on them, then see if you can get them back here."

Morcleon
    Skies of Battle

A shocked expression appears on Morcleon's face as he sees his ally's disappearance, and then calms slightly as the message from his clone comes in. He closes his eyes, and begins processing a battle plan.

"They seem to have extremely high powered conventional weaponry, which is likely useless against Susanoo and Kagutsuchi. However, they do have what appear to be similar to Mana's time displacement bullets, and will likely be able to affect my clones even through Kagutsuchi. Thus, we need to have any such projectiles eliminated before they can strike."

"Thrawn, have some of the troops on defense, targeting the time displacement bullets with the Kakuton: Magatama before they can strike us or Jacob. Have the rest start long range Amaterasu strafing of their troops, especially the commanders; I don't care how many we beat, we just need to make not worth the losses to stay here. I'll stay up here to give you a bird's eye view of the battlefield."

"Hm. I can do that. Just give me a few seconds to think of a plan... Got it. I'm sending orders now."

"Good. Wukong, Saturday. I need you two to help me try to build a powerful spell to disable them. The quicker they go away, the less the danger to all of us."

"Ahaha! This shall be simple."

"Indeed it will be. Let us begin."

Snapping his eyes open, Morcleon grins. He raises his hand again, and slashes it down, flying upwards as he does so. His clone army moves as one, perfectly carrying out Thrawn's battle plan. Far higher in the sky, the original takes the Sixth Key in one hand and the Ruyi Jingu Bang in the other. He reaches into himself and begins to draw out the power, supported by the potent magical chantings in both Chinese and the language of the Architect.

Spoiler
    Show
    So yeah, explanation time:
    Kakuton: Magatama is using Amaterasu as magatama-shaped projectiles. Combined with the eternal mangekyou sharingan, they should be able to predict the paths of the time displacement bullets and intercept them.

I'm having IC!Thrawn do the battle planning, as I neither have, nor expect to have, the extremely detailed tactical information that it would take to do it IRL. You may pit Thrawn's tactical power against that of the redshirtsarmors as you see fit.

The spell I'm doing is a wide area slow/disable/compulsion against attacking blend. With one progeny of the Architect and one second only to Buddha, I think it has a pretty big chance of success, ne?

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

Morcleon:
    The Plains of Battle
    The first attack begins even as the Tyranids close the gap. Luckily, they seem to be avoiding you and your makeshift army, circling around to attack the red army's flank. You, however are experiencing difficulties. As your men approach the enemy line, most are thrown back, dragged by any metal they carry. The few that make it through are hit by thin beams of energy expanding into spheres on impact, causing them to disappear. Your reserves, targeting these beam-like projectiles, are having no effect on them: the two projectiles simply pass through one another.

Morcleon!Clone and Erik:
    The Pride of Hiigara
    A small pile of hair is accumulating slowly beside where Erik is standing.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Orc in the Playground

Kate thinks. "I....kinda have access to three-ish different types. One involves accessing and manifesting an alternate part of your own existence through your subconscious self, one involves a metaphysical bodily system that most people can't really utilize, and one involves....um....like, Cthulu's bigger, scarier, but also nicer sister, sorta. So....don't think I'll be doing too much for you there."

23. - Top - End - #503

Morcleon
    Plains of Battle

"...that could have gone better. It seems we won't be able to take them out the easy way. Withdraw all units."

The troops pause, and then zip up to the altitude of the main. Said person opens his eyes, and shouts a single Word of power. A ripple of new reality pulses into the center of the red armored soldiers, freezing their actions. Morcleon smiles grimly, watching as the Tyranids attack the immobile soldiers.

He gestures up at the sky, and each of his clones sends great gouts of fire into the sky, rapidly creating an area of low pressure, and gathering in storm clouds. Then, to augment the storm, Morcleon concentrates, and supercharges the clouds with divine electricity.

"Targets locked. Fire when ready."

"Hm. Let's see how they like a taste of..."

"...Kirin!" The shouts of his hundred or so remain troops are drowned out in the deafening roar of the lightning being drawn out. They coalesce into an amorphous mass of bright blue electricity, and fire down at the mass of soldiers...

24. - Top - End - #504
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sam stands alone on the heath, the wind and rain battering at her figure. She stares at the ground. Everything here was not as she remembered it, something had changed in the interim. Even the soil reflected the metamorphosis of earth - she caught a glimpse of porphyry gleam amongst the mud and sludge.
    Initial telepathic scans of the surface indicate a loss of sentient human life greater than 50%. However, my scan did pick up other significant traces of unknown life-forms, so it is safe to say we are not alone. China, the southern United States, and England proper have all been extremely damaged by recent events. Any further details would necessitate another sweep.
    My home... what happened? What kind of forces are at work here? Is it even worth saving anymore?
    Dwelling on matters beyond us does nothing to aid our cause, Sam.
    The mutant has the right of it. Have courage, and we will see this task through to the end. Sam closes and opens her fist, as if crushing an imaginary skull. She had been hiding for far too long: Sam would take back her home and rain vengeance down on the perpetrators.
    Professor! I want you to start looking directly for any Personae on or around Earth. I know our mandate led us here, so look for any trace, however small.
    Last edited by TheAntiplanar; 2012-10-31 at 12:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

Kate:
    Tau-4's Sanctuary
    The medic sighs.
    "Ah well. So, will you be staying with us for a while, then?"

Morcleon:
    The Plains of Battle
    As you cast the lightning downwards, it strikes you that something is slightly off... then it hits you: the soldiers, though they should be nearly frozen in time, seem to be moving at normal speed. Projectiles from the Tyranid swarm are stopping where they would otherwise hit the bubble of slow-time, but inside, quick-time bubbles are bringing the army back up to speed. It would seem that you have inadvertently helped the army against the 'nids.
    Worse, you notice that everything (you, the army, the 'nids) seems to be in a huge slow-time bubble. The sun is setting at an accelerated rate, slipping below the horizon even as you watch. A blanket of darkness covers the plains, pierced for a moment by your lightning strike. You can't see the aftermath of your attack, but at least it appears to have hit.
    It would seem that you are not the only one with some ability to manipulate time.

Sam:
    Newgrange
    The amount of anomalous activity on earth makes it difficult to pinpoint where other personae might be. If you had a computer you might be able to patch together a search algorithm to find points where several types of power met, but for now it looks like you'll have to do this by hand, as it were.
    As for the largest points, they are as follows:
    There is a huge magical scar in existence over most of southern North America. Psychic and magical activity intertwine all along the east coast above that, though you notice a fairly empty patch sitting mid-New Jersey with a tiny point of magic activity near the center. A stream of non-magic timespace anomalies stretch out from around Toronto up to the arctic circle. There are after-traces of a huge psycho-kinetic event over London, and a large magic/timespace event residual over in France. Lastly, something major but abnormal seems to have happened in Antarctica. You can't quite tell what it is, but it is certainly anomalous.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Dwarf in the Playground

As I suspected... we will need access to a computer in either case, if we are going to get the helmet's HUD up and running.
    Alright, well it looks as though we're still a bit behind. Thoughts on where to go now?
    Let's go to Jersey! I've never been to Ameri-
    Enough of your babble! Clearly, we must press on to Europe.
    I would actually suggest starting with the Antarctic region, as whatever happened there seems to have had the largest impact, according to my telepathy.
    I'm on it. I'm going to add a couple extra strings to this teleport, to give us a bit of protection. The ride might be a bit bumpy, so hold on tight.
    Sam braces herself, the plates of her new armor making a slight scraping noise as the mechanisms within shift accordingly. She closes her eyes...

And opens them to a blinding ice-scape. All around her are the shattered shards of what look like a glacier of some kind, as well as massive melted tracts of water. Something big did indeed happen here.
    Those look like engine burns. Must have been one huge ship. Sam walks to the edge of the enormous crater, taking in the scene.
    Fey? What do you suppose this is from?
    Honestly, I have no idea. An explosion, maybe. Or something broke out of the ice.
    Well, let's keep looking. Scan for any traces of magic in the area.
    Last edited by TheAntiplanar; 2012-10-31 at 05:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam:
    Antarctica
    There are several timespace rips healing over near the cracked glacier. There is also a slight magical boundary around the glacier itself, extending quite far downwards. It would seem that the glacier is not a natural part of this landscape, but was moved here from elsewhere by some magical force. Further down, there are two leylines crossing in the earth far below.
    The only other magical points of interest are two small rapidly re-freezing puddles of water (which show traces of magic for some reason) and a human-shaped hole in a nearby snowbank, with a single set of footprints leading a few steps away before disappearing.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

28. - Top - End - #508

Erik
    Pride of Hiigara

"I'll see what I can do."
    Walking off, unoticing of the hair, Erik begins rooting through what he's taken to calling his 'hammerspace pouch' for a means to scry. Finally, he grabs a small bowl, and a decanter of endless water.

Moving off a little ways, he fills the bowl, and begins incanting again, focusing of the Persona in Ireland.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Dwarf in the Playground

Did you get all that?
    Yes, thank you Fey.
    Sam treads warily towards the snowbank, alert for any sign of movement or life around her. In her mind, she can feel Xavier focusing his telepathy to look for sentient life in the immediate vicinity and Fey continuing to check whether or not someone is using magical abilities. Further back in the recesses of her psyche, Sam can hear Boba and Bartimaeus continuing to chat, but of course none of it is relevant to the task at hand. Victor is silent, to be expected in this particular field. However, there is something else bothering her, something about the area that had felt off since she arrived.
    Hmmm. Elspeth, I need you to do something for me.
    Yes, my lady?
    Try to make a mana bond with the glacier.
    Of course. Very easily... oh. Oh my.
    What is it?
    There is definitely something here. I am getting colorless mana as expected, but there is a summoning ability underneath all that. Apparently, this glacier is the prison of an eldritch creature, one that was released very recently.
    So that explains the disturbance Xavier felt. Okay, see if we can't use this summoning ability to re-bind or at least track the creature's movements. If it comes back, I want to have a strategy. In the meantime, there's something else over here.
    Sam reaches the bank of snow. She takes a deep lungful of the Antarctic air before kneeling down and further examining both the footsteps and the puddles.
    Fey, Elspeth, can either of you identify what kind of magic made these?

30. - Top - End - #510

Clone!Morcleon, Erik
    The Pride of Hiigara

Blinking at the hair, the clone sighs. "Things must not be going too well for Boss... He better step it up and take them out quickly..."

Looking back at the sensor panel, his expression changes to one of surprise. "Actually, Erik, our unknown Persona friend just disappeared from Ireland... They're in Antarctica now, at the spot of our battle with Marit Lage."

Morcleon
    Plains of Battle

With an exasperated groan, Morcleon tightens his fists at his side. His eyes flash golden, and his vision clears, revealing the battlefield to him.

He clasps his hands together, and closes his eyes. "Damn, those guys really are pretty good. That's some pretty heavy time magic going on there... Okay then. How can we take them out? I need ideas here!"

"Mass fire bombings with Amaterasu?"

"Tried it already, and they probably have defenses against that anyway."

"Open a portal to the Void and destroy them?"

"...only as a last resort. I don't want to destroy the landscape any more than I have to."

"Find their weakness and exploit it for all it's worth?"

"Eh? Ah, yes. Yes. Thank you, Taylor. That should work fine." Grinning, Morcleon sends his troops on an evasive holding pattern to reduce losses, and reaches out with his Gift to the enemy below. Searching, searching for an exploitable weakness...