New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

Kate raised an eyebrow. "Do I want to see the spaceship? I dunno guys, what do y'all think?"

"Are we REALLY doing this?"

"I don't mind!"

"Again: Manifesting alternate parts of ones being is not new for me."

"I'd actually like to try it."

"Well, I'd like to compare it to the Vemana, at least." Saber stood next to Johnson, wearing a suit. "Though I think it more important that we not be left out of any decisions."

"Definitely." Yu reclined against a wall. "Group efforts require the whole group."

"Your security sucks." Canaan was in the midst of the soldiers, a sugar stick in her mouth and one of the men's rifles in her hands. "Not that it would matter. But hey."

"It seems unanimous." Rei was back by the stairs. "We go."

Kate thought really loudly, just in case Erik was listening: That's right. We can do over-dramatic, too. Suck on that.
    Last edited by AkaiNeko; 2012-11-07 at 02:38 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Firbolg in the Playground

Erik and Kate

While he wasn't listening (He couldn't) a similar thought did pass through his mind.

"Ok then. Now if all of you would mind touching me, thank you, Now, we should be back soon."

With the start of a Sylvan sylabol, they all disapear in an instant, the end of the sylabal landing them as close as possible to where Erik came from on the Pride of Hiigara.

While Kate would probably find little or nothing t analyze from it, it seemed like a powerful surge of magic swept through Kate's selves, and into Erik, releasing on arrival, not to any other physical effect.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

3. - Top - End - #543

Morcleon
    The Pride of Hiigara

Turning at the sound of the arriving teleportation, Morcleon grins. "Ah, Erik, you're back. And you've brought Kate. Welcome to the Pride of Hiigara, the mothership of our fleet. I hope you've been well."

He pauses and raises an eyebrow. "So, anything new happening?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

4. - Top - End - #544

Everyone
    The Pride of Hiigara

"Yes actually. It seems there is a refugee problem on Earth. How capable is The Pride at housing human ocupants, particularly fighters. We might get some gaurds"

At this thought he smiles some.
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

5. - Top - End - #545

Morcleon
    The Pride of Hiigara

Morcleon pauses for a second, absorbing the new information. "Found some refugees, eh? Well, the Pride was designed for a much larger crew than is currently active, so we definitely have enough housing room for them. As for what they'll do, that will have to be determined."
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

6. - Top - End - #546

Erik
    "Hmm. I see myself bouncing allong. Would you mind making a clone for me to take back down to Earth? Whichever Earth this one this is."
    Show

Life is Hectic.

7. - Top - End - #547

Morcleon
    The Pride of Hiigara

Nodding, Morcleon plucks another hair and forms it into a clone. A silent look passes between them and clone turn to Erik. "Ready when you are."

8. - Top - End - #548

Erik and Morcleon Clone

"Good"
    Erik reaches out and touches the clone, transporting them to where Erik came from.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

Erik and Morcleon!Clone:
    Tau-4's Sanctuary
    Strangely enough, you can't seem to 'port back to exactly where you were, and instead are shunted out into the ruins of the building that once stood above the basement hideout. Johnson is waiting for you.
    "I'm afraid you'll have to come in by foot this time. You reminded us of a major weakness, and we weren't about to let ourselves get slaughtered by some teleport-capable skip in the half-minute our salvation was away. I assume you're going to help us, yeh? I mean, you'd hardly be back if you weren't. Come on down, we're just about ready to go." He turns to go, then stops and looks back over his shoulder, addressing Morcleon!Clone. "Nice to meet you, by the way."
    It's quite obvious that he is very proud of this little show of skill and efficiency, and likely means it as a bit of a jab at Erik in response for his semi-justified arrogance earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sam
    Bridge of the Pride

Meanwhile, on the bridge of the Pride, Sam turns to Kate.
    "Hello there! I haven't seen you in some time. I heard something about refugees? What's happened while I was away?"
    Last edited by TheAntiplanar; 2012-11-09 at 08:33 AM.

Winner of the MtG card design contest 'Winner is the Judge', Week 5!

11. - Top - End - #551

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Erik and Morcleon!Clone:
    Tau-4's Sanctuary
    Strangely enough, you can't seem to 'port back to exactly where you were, and instead are shunted out into the ruins of the building that once stood above the basement hideout. Johnson is waiting for you.
    "I'm afraid you'll have to come in by foot this time. You reminded us of a major weakness, and we weren't about to let ourselves get slaughtered by some teleport-capable skip in the half-minute our salvation was away. I assume you're going to help us, yeh? I mean, you'd hardly be back if you weren't. Come on down, we're just about ready to go." He turns to go, then stops and looks back over his shoulder, addressing Morcleon!Clone. "Nice to meet you, by the way."
    It's quite obvious that he is very proud of this little show of skill and efficiency, and likely means it as a bit of a jab at Erik in response for his semi-justified arrogance earlier.
    As always, a little Airborn after being shunted, Erik was instantly alert with Eldritch energy cracklin in his hands, disapearing just as instantly upon seeing Johnson.

"I would have thought it would take a little longer to get you all ready. As for teleport sheilding, we might end up having to flicker that. Though it is good that you did that so fast, it means you will be very useful."

Meanwhile, he is already thinking of ways to circumvent it, trying to detect it with his magical abilities and suits systems.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

12. - Top - End - #552

Morcleon!Clone
    Tau-4 Sanctuary

Nodding back, the clone chuckles sheepishly. "It's nice to meet you too, although I'm actually just a clone. Boss is back on the Pride, overseeing our fleet construction."

It continues as it follows Johnson into the base. "My name is Zachary, although I do prefer my username, Morcleon. I've grown rather attached to it, actually."

13. - Top - End - #553
    Orc in the Playground

Kate shrugged at Sam. "This may or may not be our Earth after all, and either way it's kinda gone to hell. I ran into some guys from the SCP Foundation, and apparently Marit Lage from Magic was in Antarctica. So that's all real fun. You?"
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

Erik and Morcleon!Clone
    Tau-4's Sanctuary
    Johnson chuckles at that. "Don't worry about it, I'm not exactly going by my real name myself. None of us are. Foundation procedures."
    He opens the door, leading you in. Not much immediately appears to have changed, but there's now a small device made out of some strange metal or alloy set up in the center of the room. A fine clockwork clicks away in it's core, and a pair of wisp-like strands extend from the top, rotating slowly.
    Upon closer inspection, you realize that most of the residents of the basement are either finishing packing up or ready to leave. Without much left, such a task is depressingly easy.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sam
    Bridge of the Pride

Sam thinks for a moment before responding to the other Persona.
    "Well, I ported directly to Ireland, set up an interim base there and built myself some new toys. Still getting used to the constant commentary, but there you have it. I tracked you guys to Antarctica, and it seems as though you have been keeping abreast with events on the surface." She brushes a honey colored stand from her eyes as she stares out the viewport at the space surrounding the ship. It was truly beautiful.
    "It sounds as though many different things have happened, and none of them seem connected right now. What's your opinion on current events? Can you tell me about the Foundation fellows?"

16. - Top - End - #556
    Orc in the Playground

"Kate" thought a moment. "The Foundation guys - Mobile Task Force Tau-14 - are pretty much what you'd expect; good, competent soldiers, seem like ok guys, not easily freaked out. Current events....? Well....it's all very disjointed, but we may be able to glean some stuff. Basically, we - a bunch of normal people, whose primary common link is the GITP RP fora, and a habit of using it for it's intended purpose - have inexplicably been dragged into a seemingly random mishmash of various 'fictional' verses, with many of our own favorite characters being revealed as part of ourselves, which conveniently grants us their capabilities and their souls as a part of the semi-Lovecraftian gestalts we've become, allowing us to potentially save the universe after a long, grueling quest." She paused. "Did I miss anything? Oh, right, and apparently this is all happening due to the actions of 'higher dimensional beings'. Soooo...." "Kate" shrugged.

17. - Top - End - #557

Erik and Morcleon!Clone
    Tau-4's Sanctuary

"There really isn't that many of you. However, numbers are beaten by quality, and you've already shown that. I can take as many people as can touch me at once, as long with any loads you are wearing or I can touch so feel free to bring heavy objects."
    Show

Life is Hectic.

18. - Top - End - #558

Erik, Morcleon!Clone
    Tau-4 Sanctuary

Morcleon nods in assent. "Yep. And anything he can't take with him, I can portal back to the ship." He flips out his golden pocket watch and glances around in anticipation.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sam
    Bridge of the Pride

Sam blinks once as she stares out the window, her distinct lack of surface activity belied by the jabbering of the souls within her very essence.
    Foundation? I've never heard of them before.
    It really is not all that different from the administrative staff at Whateley, at least in principle. Their mandate is to secure, contain, and protect. I can also highly respect their ideals, if not all of their methods for achieving them.
    Oh, well that makes a bit more sense.
    They sound like magicians. Nasty lot, always trying to control everything around them. There are a few good eggs, but never enough.
    Speaking from experience again, Bartimaeus?
    Maybe, maybe not. What's it to you, space scum?
    Just curious, really. I mean, you're a servant by nature, right? But you definitely don't seem the submissive sort.
    Not one bit, friend. See, the intelligent spirits like myself have realized just how superior we are to humans-
    We are not humans, djinn. Do not make that mistake.
    As the banter continues, Sam walks over to Morcleon to observe what he is doing.
    Last edited by TheAntiplanar; 2012-11-11 at 09:29 PM.

20. - Top - End - #560

Morcleon
    The Pride of Hiigara

You see Morcleon staring, somewhat lazily, at several screens reminiscent of the Homeworld 2 game interface. They show various small, yellow, boxy ships digging into asteroids and flying back to deposit their loads into the mothership.

He glances over his shoulder and smiles. "Ah, hello Sam. Welcome to Fleet Command, aboard the Pride. It's rather boring over here, though. Just harvesting resources so we can build a fleet."

He pauses, as if considering something. Then he speaks, addressing both Sam and Kate. "Oh, by the way, do either of you have any sort of technology that could potentially upgrade this ship? It would be much appreciated."

21. - Top - End - #561
    Orc in the Playground

Four souls "turn" as one to "look" at Rei.

"....no. Not yet. The Super Solenoid Organ, Absolute Territory Field, whichever of the various available epithets you choose to identify it by, the light of the soul is simply too powerful to give anyone we don't trust absolutely, and I am aware of just how powerful the entities we're dealing with are. It's still too much."

"Not right now, sorry."
    Last edited by AkaiNeko; 2012-11-12 at 02:43 AM.

22. - Top - End - #562

Morcleon
    The Pride of Hiigara

"Ah, well," mutters Morcleon. He gives Kate a half-grin. "So is it because of a lack of trust, or because it's not ready, or what? Also, just out of curiosity, what is this potential upgrade that I can't have yet?"

23. - Top - End - #563
    Orc in the Playground

Kate returned with a small, wry grin. "Lack of trust, more or less. You guys seem fine, but so did Alexander. And to be honest I've got doubts about Jake, wherever he is. It....they?....there are a few terms and concepts involved, but the "Absolute Territory Field" sums it all up well enough."

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

Erik and Morcleon!Clone:
    Tau-4's Sanctuary
    Everyone gathers around you, leaving in two waves. Most go with Morcleon!Clone, leaving several MTF members with Erik as a rearguard to follow up a few seconds later. Everyone arrives safely on the Pride.

Morcleon:
    The Pride of Hiigara
    You note the civilians' return, but your attention is drawn to the main control screen of the ship, where a small warning is blinking softly: Enemy craft incoming.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

25. - Top - End - #565

With a welcoming smile, Morcleon withdraws his clone, and opens his mouth to greet the new arrivals. But then, he notices the warning, and mutters something violently under his breath. In a louder voice, he states, "While I would prefer to give you a legitimate welcome, it seems the circumstances are against us. We are under attack. Please brace yourselves. This may get rough."

To the true mistress of the ship, he mentally grins. "Alright, Karan. Let's see what we've got to use for target practice, eh?"

"Indeed. Let's."

He taps a few buttons, scanning deeper into space. Then, almost as an afterthought, he stretches out his mind to see if there was anything... off about their lone assailant.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-12 at 10:09 PM.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

Morcleon:
    The Pride of Hiigara
    The approaching enemy is, strangely enough, not even a ship. It is a lone figure, gliding through space seemingly without outside aide.
    It is vaguely humanoid in shape, about the size of a fully-grown man. It has a black carapace for skin, and a pair of great black wings spreading from its back. It has a strange, somewhat canine face, and there appears to be a sword protruding from its chest. It has only one arm. It is flying directly towards the Pride (but is still a considerable distance away. It could take up to half an hour to get to you at this rate).

Everyone:
    The Pride of Hiigara
    Johnson steps forward from the new arrivals and briefly introduces himself.
    "Agent Johnson, Mobile Task Force Tau-4 of the SCP Foundation at your service." he turns to face Morcleon specifically. "Is there somewhere you would like us to stay, captain? I doubt we'll be of much use in this fight."
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sam sighs inwardly at Kate's mention of Alexander, but is quickly preoccupied by Morcleon's warning of the incoming craft. She immediately quells the peanut gallery in order to focus.
    Professor, can you make a telepathic sweep for detectable thoughts? Be as thorough as you can, spare no effort. If any foreign mind makes a move, retaliate with everything you've got.
    As you wish, Samantha.
    Out here, most of my powers are all but useless. There aren't any ley lines to tap into. But, I can always check to see if they're using any kind of conventional magic -
    I'll look out through the seven planes, to see if there's anything only my kind would notice. You never know, there could be another djinn out there.
    Good, that should help to give us at least a clue as to what we're up against.
    Sam, I have a plan. If you can create a flash drive, I can make a partition of myself that can automate every single defense system on the ship within minutes.
    I'm sure between the robot and myself, we can get this ship running self-sufficiently and spewing out squadrons of advanced fighters in no time.
    Are you sure we want to do that though? It looks as though Morcleon has this under control. We should at least ask permission before taking control of his ship. Let's talk about this later.
    Hold on, Sam. You've just reminded me of something.
    Sam twitches slightly as Boba takes over her mouth, and roughly garbles out at the Persona standing in front of the console.
    "Do you have any fighter craft on this ship? This might be a good chance to flex the old muscles."

28. - Top - End - #568

Morcleon
    The Pride of Hiigara

To Johnson, Morcleon replies, "There's a large area down below where Fleet Intelligence used to be located. You guys can sit over there. There are screens so you can watch, and some sensors and computers, if anyone wants to help with scanning or combat analysis."

As Sam poses her question, he gets a pensive look on his face that is quickly replaced by a grin. "A fighter, eh? Well, all of the Hiigaran fighters are horrible as a 1-person squad, so I suppose we'll have to get you something from an earlier game. Perhaps... a Kadeshi Advanced Swarmer, if possible."

"Karan, you think you could run up one of those for Sam?"

"... I can try. It's been quite some time since I even looked at the archives we have of the Kadeshi."

"Good. We do have some 30 minutes until it actually gets here."

Vocally, he says, "Oh, by the way, the enemy is pretty far away. ETA is approximately 30 minutes." He brings up a larger picture of the approaching entity. "To be honest, I'm not entirely sure it's an enemy. Perhaps we should send out one of my clones for an attempt at diplomacy? I mean, this isn't a hack-and-slash D&D game..."

29. - Top - End - #569
    Orc in the Playground

Kate steps forward. "As the enemy seems, pending proper scanning and analysis, to be a humanoid scale single unit, perhaps I, and/or anyone else who feels like volunteering, could attempt to establish contact? Otherwise I feel like I'll be somewhat redundant in any space conflict, right now."

30. - Top - End - #570
    Dwarf in the Playground

At Kate's suggestion, Sam steps forward as herself once again, the Fett mercenary securely back within the pool of souls inside her. There would be time enough for fighters in the future; Kate had raised a good point.
    "I have an idea of something we can try to establish contact. I can summon a spirit creature that I can then dominate and send towards the other ship to act as a mouthpiece for us. In situations like this, opening up lines of communication is key. If the craft does turn out to be hostile and destroys the spirit, we will be forewarned and know to prepare for battle." She glances down at the glowing heart in her armor before 'turning' to Elspeth.
    All sources of mana regenerate and can be tapped multiple times, yes?
    The majority of them do, my lady. The artifact powering your armor may be tapped for some white and colorless mana, but it will leave the rest of the frame without operating power until the magic returns. You will be unable to move for some time.
    It'll take a lot longer for the craft to get here than it will for the mana to regenerate, I suspect.
    Sam nods inwardly. It could be done, but she would wait to see what the others thought of her plan. Meanwhile, she readies herself for the summoning.
    Last edited by TheAntiplanar; 2012-11-13 at 07:25 AM.