Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 675
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    "Ok, I know I heard that.... I'm not done suiting up yet..."

    'Don't worry, you will only need to do this once.'
    'And I can protect us...'

    Servos continue there job with a few minutes to go, the sounds of weapons fire from both Jaffar and Marines filling the room.
    My Homebrew Sig.

    Woo, I have a Quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolf727 View Post
    To avoid harming the sanity of the DM I can no longer:

    * Cast flesh to stone on a annoying Druid
    ** Cast Rock to mud on a Druid statue
    *** Scoop mud into little ceramic pots
    **** Plant tree's in individual ceramic pots
    ***** Claim that I have helped them become one with nature
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.
    Internet's bugging up, sorry for any delays.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    "Enemies already, and an unknown number. I can't identify them. Does anyone have a way to capture one of them, or otherwise gain information?"

    "It's a tad inefficient, but we could get information from a corpse using Edo Tensei."

    "Weren't there a number of techniques ideal for capturing?"

    A blast knocks away a chunk of flesh from William's left shoulder.

    "Why are we still standing here? Let's get going already!"

    Walls of flame appear, and divide several enemies from the group. The wall parts slightly to allow William to step through, then becomes solid once more.

    "Come, test yourselves against me."
    Status: Recovering. ETA: 3 days

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    General Vicinity of Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Coughing at the debris and smoke, Morcleon's eyes turn a deep red and black, swirling in the tell-tale sign of the Eternal Mangekyō Sharingan. Sweeping his eyes over the enemies as he crouches behind a fallen slab, he answers William. "I could always remove whatever is powering those weapons. My sharingan can't detect any source of magic feeding them, so it is likely a scientific energy. In the meantime, we'll just have to take them out the old-fashioned way."

    In his mind, Morcleon converses urgently with Taylor. "What's powering their weapons? Can you find the source well enough for me to do the bullet trick?"

    "The Gift isn't fully up yet, so I don't have a full image. But I can tell that it's a sort of liquid. I'm not sure the bullet trick would be very healthy for your hands, or the floor..."

    Muttering darkly, Morcleon shouts over to William. "Disabling such a large contingent is risky. I say we whittle them down a touch before going for a prisoner." He swiftly taps both wrists, popping out two large windmill shuriken, unfolded and primed. A flick of the hand attaches a thin, chakra-infused wire to the center of each, and another flick sends them arcing off towards the first line of enemies.
    Due to a suddenly increased workload this week, I will be unable to post until Friday/Saturday. My apologies.

    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    "Everyone carries something important enough to die for and they are running around so as not to lose it."
    -Kamijou Touma

    Homebrew:

    Nexus Characters
    RailITP Characters

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DarthArminius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    The UNSC was doing a fine job in annihilating a sizable contingent of the First Wave. Thousands of Jaffa fell from the fire power of the Spartans and others, grenades and ammunition shredded hundreds of them without a single casualty on the otherside. That's when things started to get ugly. Kull warriors began to manifest themselves in the hundreds, as well as other reinforcements. What began to make things even more frightening was the invasion of even more enemies, not just Jaffa, but Storm Troopers. Anyone who had seen Star Wars would instantly recognize them, and they managed to start turning the tide of the battle against the UNSC.

    Still, the battle wouldn't end so soon. The UNSC was a strong, veteran battle force, and the adventurers in Sigil, stocked with magical equipment and the ability to fight fiercely themselves brought the battle to a stalemate. Meanwhile, a large group of Kull, Jaffa, and Storm Troopers made their way to Headquarters. The UNSC gaurds were currently fighting with this contingent and losing horridly. The Shadow Preists continued to stay back and defend the grounds of the Headquarters it'self.


    OOC

    In order to avoid double posting in the OOC thread, I'm noting OOC here, that something will block a wide-scale attempt via magic to disable the energy from the Staves.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    "Can't even put up a strong fight. It looks like headquarters needs a little help, though."

    'How goes the integration of powers?'

    "I'm still waiting on Orochimaru to finish his."

    "It will be quite a while yet before we're done. It looks like you're just going with Ms. Fire Manipulation for now."

    'Alright...is there something wrong between the two of you?'

    "..."

    Though the missing chunks had healed by now, there were still more enemies. William retreated a little to the headquarters, to aid them.

    "The power of the white snake isn't through yet, but you should have access to several of my other techniques now. Try to keep it simple."

    "Let's do things right, then. Get a nice, strong fire going...Wind Release: Great Breakthrough."

    "Is that really the best you can do? I'm rather disappointed..."
    Status: Recovering. ETA: 3 days

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    mkfuba07's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Having discovered a wizard's laboratory in the basement of their Headquarters, Tristan had been investigating its contents while donning his gear, oblivious of the first wave of attackers. It looked much like Harry's lab, only larger, with higher quantities of ingredients for potions. A summoning circle sat in the center of the room, also similar to Harry's own.

    "Such convenience. Whoever set up our HQ sure was thorough."

    "Oi, Boss! Did'ja miss me?"

    "..Bob?!"

    Glowing orange eyes appeared on a nearby shelf, imbedded in the eyes of an ancient skull.

    "Do you know any other talking skulls, boss? Now's not the time for a mushy reunion, we've got company. Second wave of bogies incoming."

    "Second wave?! Why didn't you tell me about the first wave?"

    "You seemed to be having such a nostalgic time, I didn't want to disturb you. Anyway, blasters, lots of 'em."

    "Stormtroopers? You can't be serious..."

    Bob somehow nods his head, a difficult feat for someone without a neck. "And more, boss."

    "I'll take us there. I think we're ready for a more impressive use of crafting."

    Tristan grabs his staff from a table, the only equipment that isn't stashed somewhere in his leather duster, and walks over to the stone wall of the lab. Placing his hand on the wall, he uses the earth furies in the ground to locate a large group of invaders, all of whom are stationary and facing towards the HQ.

    The wall bends at his will, creating a spherical hollow into which he steps. It closes behind him, and carries him to the surface. He rises from the earth behind them, keeping them oblivious to his presence. He winds back his arm, gathers his strength, and drives it into the ground. A violent wave of earth ripples forward, sending all of those in front of him crashing into the wall of their headquarters. Most of the stormtroopers crumple to the ground in a heap, but the mightier armored Kulls stand and turn to face him.

    "I think we just found out what, "And more," meant. Damn it Bob, you can't leave out these details!"

    Without warning, Tristan's body shifted, bending and twisting, as beams of light sped through empty space his body occupied moments ago.

    "Took control there for a second, figured you could use the help."

    Tristan brought his right arm up as he turned to face his attackers and muttered, "Riflettum".

    A shimmering shield appeared around him as blasters fired at him from all sides.
    Avatar by Reynard!

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    The last peice clamped down, and a voice spoeke in Eriks head before he could even thing about running start up.

    "Phage here. Program start ups complete, HUD up in three, I'll let you fight before I introduce myself and vice versa, cause Tac says your busy."

    By god he was right. A 50m range scanner was almost literally full as Erik began running out of the building to aid in the defence.
    For a moment he felt like Flash in his speed....

    With Eldrad's spear strapped to his back and a needler at his side, Erik stopped but a moment to asses the situation, and found the various souls clammering for different actions. And here's where it got tricky.

    He gave a hand to Aleandrea, a warlock with more power and experience than all bar Eldrad. It was his left.

    He left the Dwarf Alric aid the Eldar Farseer Eldrad in the casting of her psychic powers safely, using just the power of the mind, requiring no gesture.

    His right hand became the property of John, Sparten 117, The Master Chief. A Needler rested comfortably.

    In the end, the only complaints was the lack of time to enchant things from Alric, and the curses about having to keep up to targeters from Phage.

    And when Erik burst through the door, he was all pain.

    He had the speed and reflexes of an Eldar Seer, boosted again from the training of John and the Mark 6 assault suit, for a bullet to hit him was a rarity, even if his shields complained and sputtered. The suit, while not being able to increase his speed by the full factor of 5, definitely made him superhuman.

    From his left hand, magic spewed into oppositions ranks, as without the need to vocalise, Aleandrea drew from the potent well of magics within her, striking with enough force to vaporise small groups, hammering the area with 30' spheres of death, or chains of eldritch lightning.

    From his right hand, needles flew with expert aiming into the softer spots of the opposition, turning men into purple pillars of light and chunky salsa.

    However, Eldrad chose not to attack, providing with the eyes of a seer, protection that could not be equalled, and a form of offence that could not be defended against. The ability to see seconds into the future, and the luck and skill to choose the right strand of fate.
    My Homebrew Sig.

    Woo, I have a Quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolf727 View Post
    To avoid harming the sanity of the DM I can no longer:

    * Cast flesh to stone on a annoying Druid
    ** Cast Rock to mud on a Druid statue
    *** Scoop mud into little ceramic pots
    **** Plant tree's in individual ceramic pots
    ***** Claim that I have helped them become one with nature
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.
    Internet's bugging up, sorry for any delays.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    General Vicinity of Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Controlling the two illogically large shuriken, Morcleon rips furrows in the enemy lines. But it wasn't long before a number of the newly formed stormtroopers shot them out of the air.

    Sighing, he crouches down behind another conveniently placed piece of debris, consulting the gestalt in his head.

    "Taylor, I know the bullet trick won't work on their energy staffs, but could you do it for the stormtroopers? Also, Sasuke. How much strain would using Susano'o have on my body?"

    "I could probably take out the power packs in the E11s, but it would take a while to get all of them."

    "Your body hasn't adapted to my chakra enough to use Susano'o. Amaterasu is probably available, but you would have only enough control to ignite it and put it out."

    "I see..."

    Giving over control of his hands to Taylor, Morcleon feels a magic well up in him, finding the blaster packs nearest him. And then it was the easiest thing in the world to pull them to him, and let them trickle out of his palms.

    He concentrates on his right eye, and stands up, glaring at the amassed Kull, Jaffa and stormtroopers in front of him. "Let's see how you deal with this! Amaterasu!

    A roaring wave of black fire rushes toward the enemy horde, striking them head-on, and burning through them faster than logically possible, inextinguishable.
    Due to a suddenly increased workload this week, I will be unable to post until Friday/Saturday. My apologies.

    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    "Everyone carries something important enough to die for and they are running around so as not to lose it."
    -Kamijou Touma

    Homebrew:

    Nexus Characters
    RailITP Characters

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Long version (catching up is fun!):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kate was officially having a very, very weird day.

    It started off normally, waking up, eating breakfast, and logging onto Giant in the Playground to browse for an Adeptus Evangelion campaign. Then she had been digitized, had four of her own past selves forcibly re-inserted, been informed that she was to join some other Playgrounders who'd already set out in trying to fight horrible monstrosities from beyond reality, learned that all of the above was tied to what were known in her world as fictional constructs, and had her body altered to match said past lives slightly better.

    As the dizziness had faded, she felt one of the new presences "step forward". "Hello. I am Arturia. Your, um, past self. I....think you know of me." She gave a small, confident nod.

    Kate didn't move. She felt her soul grow stronger; her sword was mighty, and she had faced terrible foes before, and come out victorious. What had she to fear?

    Another stepped forward and gave an easy smile. "I'm Canaan. I like guns. I think we can make this work."

    Kate's soul grew more confident. It was just another fight, a few more bullets to be put in their fated places; she had friends to protect, after all, so it really didn't matter what she was up against.

    The third stepped forward and gave a small nod, his otherwise clear face a bit cautious. "I'm Narukami Yu. I think we'll be fine; this isn't anything too new." He gave a small, sardonic smile.

    Kate felt her soul grow calmer; calling upon alternate selves to fight eldritch abominations? What else was new?

    The last stepped forward, her face almost empty of all emotion or expression. "Greetings. I am Ayanami Rei. I will fight."

    Kate felt....

    ....

    ....rather less than expected. Cooler. Steadier. But nothing like what she'd felt from the others at the joining of their souls. She moved for the first time, looking questioningly at Rei, who turned her crimson eyes away, looking, very slightly, apologetic. "You are somewhat familiar, I think, with my true nature. I feel it would be in our best interest if I held back for now."

    Kate cringed, and nodded, speaking for the first time to her past selves. 'That's probably wise. Thanks. Um.' She stood. 'So. Hi. Uh, I'm Kate. Um....let's get going. I'm not much for intros, and we're well behind the others. But, uh....' She broke into a huge grin. 'Holy crap it's good to meet y'all!' And before they could react, 'Rei, could you do a Dirac thingy to this Sigil place?'

    Rei, looking rather surprised at the outburst, nodded nonetheless, and motioned to the floor underneath them....

    ....which brings us to now. Kate stepped out of the Dirac Sea and looked around the....temple, it looked like. This area was huge, and filled with an incredible variety of items - vehicles, weapons, clothing, at least one contingent of warrior monks glaring at her in sinister fashion....and there, sandwiched between a mountain of scrolls, a giant dead snake and an armored jeep, was an oddly, wonderfully familiar pile of her own equipment.

    As she jogged over to it, a UNSC (?!) marine in the black armor and drop-pod logo of a Hell Jumper ran to her; Canaan stepped up and activated her Synesthesia. Her eyes glowed red, and the soldier faltered; "Friendly. Also nervous."

    "Ma'am, you're one of the big guys?" the man asked. She nodded hesitantly. The soldier seemed relieved. "There's an atack going on up top. Hurry, please."

    She nodded, more firmly, and then caught herself. "Soldier," she called, letting Arturia infuse he voice with authority, "where is the battle? I'm new to this place." But before he could answer, an oddly familiar female voice called out.

    "Um, I can get you there!"

    Kate and the soldier looked towards her pile in surprise; they saw a girl who looked like...."Rise? Kujikawa Rise?"

    The girl nodded shyly. "Um, Senpai?" Kate nodded, making a "kinda" gesture with her hand. Rise stared for a moment, before nodding and continuing, "OK, good. I can get you there, and direct you, just like always." She smiled warmly. "It's good to see you again, Senpai."

    Kate nodded, smiling herself. "Good to have you." To the ODST she said "you're good." He nodded and jogged off. Kate turned to Rise and, blushing slightly, motioned for her to wait by the stairs. Then she turned to the pile.

    "Good, Excalibur. Like everything else, you shouldn't be able to access its true power yet, let alone Avalon. Oh, and my armor. We can modify it later to fit with the rest, but now's not the time. And yes, you'll have to put it on manually this first time."

    "My glasses are not ordinary. They'll be useful. Excalibur's probably better than any of my swords, of course."

    "My clothes aren't special; just go for the armor for now. But grab my Beretta, please. Also, normally Synesthesia would tire you out after a while, but with the boost from Miss Army Killer, I think you can just keep it up."

    "Armored Plugsuit. Should fit well under the armor. And my lance, as a last resort."

    Five minutes later, Kate wore an armored Plugsuit, a left-arm bracer, a shoulder pouch, gunbelt (complete with guns), and swordbelt (complete with Excalibur), weirdly non-restricting, ballgown-like battle armor, and glasses. The Lance of Longinus was across her back. She grabbed Rise and sprinted for the battle.

    Kate took a moment to analyze, Rise pointing out her allies. Spotting a group of marines under heavy assault from Storm Troopers (?!), she loosened one gun, drew Excalibur, activated her eyes, allowed herself a small smile, and leapt into the fray.


    TL;DR Version:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm here. Let's break skulls.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Where did you start yours?

    Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DarthArminius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    The Battle

    The stalemate was quickly turning into a victory for Sigil. Adventurers from Sigil were now blowing up, cutting up and shooting up the Storm Troopers, Kull warriors and Jaffa. The newcomers from Earth were now destroying the enemy left and right with almost no casualties and no deaths. The Kull warriors were a bit harder than the others to destroy, but they were still being picked off slowly, one by one. Eventually it seemed that victory was at hand. Indeed, the fresh attacks from the newcomers, including Ameraterasu's power of black fire, Erik's magical powers, Jacob's ability to fire lightning bolts and other projectiles, and use the Staff as a Mage staff, Dresden's wizardry, and other special abilities was slowly driving the enemy back into their portals. That didn't even count the UNSC's elite fighting. That's when the battle finally began to get hard. Energy bolts recoiled off of their targets as lightsaber wielding enemies began to step through the Portal. Debris, troops and even small vehicles were being thrown as projectiles at the UNSC.

    It would be a disaster if they reached the Inner Temple District. Finally the Dabus began to interfere as well. Their magic would prove useful as wizardry to fight against the enemy invaders and even the Sith warriors, but the Dabus were not veteran warriors like the rest of the defenders.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    General Vicinity of Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    "Well then, this could get ugly..." Morcleon ducks a flying wall and stands back up. "We need a way to take out those Sith..."

    "Ironically enough, you did pick up a charric earlier on. If you could somehow get enough shots off, it would heavily damage the Sith warriors."

    "Alright... hey, Sasuke, you have seen Naruto's kage bunshin with your sharingan, right?"

    "... yes? I could probably perform it, but I wouldn't be able to get nearly to same numbers as him."

    "We don't need an army. We just need enough to take out those Sith."

    Placing his hands in the familiar cross-seal, Morcleon feels the sharingan feeding a line of copied information to him. Chakra usage, control and manipulation... "Kage bunshin no jutsu!

    Four clones appear beside him, each in a cloud of smoke. As one, they draw their charrics and scatter. Vibrating blue bolts of microwave energy strike into the enemy formation with supernatural speed and accuracy, targeting those with lightsabers. Each attempted deflection ended in surprised failure as the kinetic energy tore the weapon from their grasp.

    As the original Morcleon grins in triumph, he notes the portals continuing to pour out enemy soldiers. "Taylor, Karan. Do you think you can rig up a way to turn off those portals? We won't be able to hold off these guys forever."

    "Understood. I'm beginning my scan... It appears they use the same general concept as the Vagyr hyperspace gates. It should be relatively easy for Taylor to deactivate them."

    "Taylor?"

    "I'm on it."

    A swell of power surges up in Morcleon's mind, searching for the magics and technology that keep the portals running. It stretches out to take them, each effort sending a slight ache into his head.
    Due to a suddenly increased workload this week, I will be unable to post until Friday/Saturday. My apologies.

    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    "Everyone carries something important enough to die for and they are running around so as not to lose it."
    -Kamijou Touma

    Homebrew:

    Nexus Characters
    RailITP Characters

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    A young boy charges out of a portal, sword and bell clutched in hands, body garbed in a surcoat and ceramic platemail armor.

    The first thing he did was fall down.

    Then he spoke, with many voices, one of which was his own:
    "Sorry!"
    "Augh, dammit Kimiko, I know you have calibrations to do but I needed that leg!"
    "Sorry!!"
    We must be more careful in the future. Saraneth almost slipped from our grasp, and that would have meant trouble. Though it does not seek to ring of its own accord, it often does so."
    "wwhat the hell wwas that? this is the wworst thing that evver happened to me, aside from bein dead a course. im gonna die a second time cause you can't evven wwalk right"
    "Look! Look. Just everybody shut up and lets get on with this...this battle."

    The warrior got up, adjusted his limbs, and 5 souls peered from his eyes at the scene around him. A man with a sword made of green light was staring at him quizzically, still somehow deflecting missiles using the sword while looking in the opposite direction. Another man sitting on a pile of rubble taking a breather had a strange staff across his knees. Before the man could get up, two rifle-wielding soldiers clad in heavy white armor ran around the corner, saw him, and leveled their guns squarely at his chest. As the cacophony of war sounded around them, he could just barely hear their command to drop his weapon. The heavy broadsword Nehima tumbled from the grasp of his right hand.

    All four approached and stood around him, the two soldiers still holding guns up to him. Once they were arranged in a semi-circle, the soldiers yelled above the sounds of battle a query as to who he was.

    "uuhhh...", was all he could manage before his left arm, seemingly of its own accord, rang the bell he was holding in a figure eight pattern. The four men (He assumed. The two in armor could have been anybody.) in front of him started forward, but their muscles seized up and their eyes twitched at the piercing ring of the bell. The boy's torso still completely still, and his face frozen in shock, his right arm reached to the strangely shaped bandolier strapped across his chest. It drew the third-smallest bell carefully, by its clapper, and while the little audience he had gathered was still rapt, threw it into the air, caught it with a flourish, and rung it downward, as though it were a blade.

    The four enemies dropped dead at the armored boy's feet.

    He just stood there for a while, staring.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    The only thing Erik did to change his fighting was to stop firing.... The Jedi where quite happy to incinerate the crystals launched from his needler, however their ability to not be killed by what might be effectively meteor strikes that exploded in orbs of acid or arcane energy was just as low as everyone else.
    And seeing where they would dodge too was a big bonus.
    My Homebrew Sig.

    Woo, I have a Quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolf727 View Post
    To avoid harming the sanity of the DM I can no longer:

    * Cast flesh to stone on a annoying Druid
    ** Cast Rock to mud on a Druid statue
    *** Scoop mud into little ceramic pots
    **** Plant tree's in individual ceramic pots
    ***** Claim that I have helped them become one with nature
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.
    Internet's bugging up, sorry for any delays.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    The only thing Erik did to change his fighting was to stop firing.... The Jedi where quite happy to incinerate the crystals launched from his needler, however their ability to not be killed by what might be effectively meteor strikes that exploded in orbs of acid or arcane energy was just as low as everyone else.
    And seeing where they would dodge too was a big bonus.
    My Homebrew Sig.

    Woo, I have a Quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolf727 View Post
    To avoid harming the sanity of the DM I can no longer:

    * Cast flesh to stone on a annoying Druid
    ** Cast Rock to mud on a Druid statue
    *** Scoop mud into little ceramic pots
    **** Plant tree's in individual ceramic pots
    ***** Claim that I have helped them become one with nature
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.
    Internet's bugging up, sorry for any delays.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Awash in a sea of blue, Kate heard the mass snap-hiss-wooooaaaam of the Sith weapons. Moments later, Rise confirmed her suspicions, her alarmed voice echoing in her mind. 'Yu, how are we on power?'

    "Um....it really hasn't been very long, but one Maragi should be well within our limits. But I wouldn't risk another just yet."

    Kate nodded, jumped high, pointed at the mass of seething blue beneath her, and ordered: "MARAGI." The blue was engulfed in flame. She landed, letting the flames brush her and Arturia's resistance do it's job for just a moment, before jumping to engage the dark-side users. 'OK strategy?'

    "Dodge projectlies, get in close. They have years of fighting experience, we've got lifetimes; they can't touch us, and we can definitely touch them."

    "Right. No anti-army moves for now; Excalibur has survived far worse than an energy blade unscathed, and this "Force" shouldn't affect us any more than that fire unless we will it. We distract them and drive them back into their own doorways."

    Kate nodded, ducked a flying light saber, readjusted her grip, and leapt for the nearest Sith.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Where did you start yours?

    Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DarthArminius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    The Others
    Some of the group from Earth managed to either turn off the energy inherent in the enemy weapons, at least in small groups of dozens up to a hundred each. However, others attempted to find the energies inherent in the native Portals of Sigil. Not that they managed to do any good. The Lady directly watched over the portals. Despite the fact that she seemed to be indisposed, it was still impossible to manipulate the portals here. However, the battle was going smoothly.

    Jacob fired his energy blasts from Shinnok's Staff, and summoned stars to fall from the sky onto their targets, be they Kull, Jaffa, Storm Trooper or Sith from the Sith Empire. Jacob was suprised to see some of his staff marks being blocked, not because they were blocked, per se, but because the blasts from his staff seemed to incapacitate the blocking Sith through taking off their hands, or at least knocking the sabers from their grip. The meteorites falling on the enemies seemed to take them out of commision quite in the groups of thirty or more. Soon, with the combined assault of all the others, the assault was coming close to being quelled.

    However, it appeared that the last group of straggelers and others like them were closing in on the Headquarters. Around one hundred Sith, and a thousand Storm Troopers were closing in.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    mkfuba07's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    As energy bolts pelted his shield, causing concentric circles to pepper the shimmering surface, Tristan decided he needed a new plan.

    "Put me in, chief!"

    "I have not yet shown these foes what I am capable of."

    "Let's let Kitai take the lead on this one. Everyone else give her whatever help you can."

    With that Tristan felt his body leap twenty feet into the air, bolts tearing through the space he just stood. His shield dissipated as each of his arms went to opposite hips, drawing his gladii from their sheaths. Their blades shone as the furies in the metal honed the edges and strengthened the steel. The green sphere set into the pommel of one sword glowed warmly as a transparent scarlet shell inched over his body and pure adrenaline began to pump through his veins.

    "Reflect should take care of those energy weapons. And who goes into battle without Haste?"

    As he was about to land, Kitai called to Kaze, her wind fury, and he came at her call. He granted Tristan his speed, and the world seemed to slow around him. He hit the ground running, one sword held horizontally in front of him, the other behind. The blaster rounds were moving just as fast as they had been before, but to Tristan they had slowed to a jogging pace, looking more like musket balls than their traditional beam-like appearance. Tristan collided with a few but they did little more than bounce back, taking out a few Stormtroopers who had been unlucky enough to aim properly.

    Charging the nearest Kull he drew strength from the earth and he felt his muscles surge with raw power. Tristan slammed into him like a bullet, and not even the thick armor of a Kull warrior could resist the speed, strength, and razor-sharp blade of his gladius. He moved on to the next one, scything down his enemies with reckless abandon. In under five seconds there wasn't a Kull or Storm Trooper in sight. Well, not a living one at least.

    Tristan released all of the powers he had summoned and collapsed to the ground. His muscles ached and were devoid of strength, and a few of his bones may have been broken.

    "No being is meant to move that quickly. Your body could not maintain such a state without harming itself. I did what I could with watercrafting at the time, but the air isn't exactly saturated at the moment..."

    "You should'a let me know! I could'a been curin' him the whole time!"

    Tristan's body began steadily repairing itself with intermittent bursts of relief as Cid Cured him. Bones mended, and muscles stitched themselves back together. It hurt. A lot. He gripped the handles of his swords tightly until his metalcrafting buried the pain of his injuries.

    He was just coming to his feet when he noticed jeep-like vehicles flying through the air near all of the portals. The Warthogs got nowhere near him, but the threat posed by beings that could throw them around like pebbles gave him cause for alarm.

    "I think it's time we got a better perspective on the situation."

    Double-tapping the webshooters in his palms, Tristan aimed towards the roof of their HQ. His aim was true, and he sprung towards the top of the building landing slightly harder than he would have liked.

    "I'll have to work on that sometime when we're not being assaulted."

    He looked out at the Temple District, and couldn't believe what he was seeing. Sith warriors had streamed through the portals, and with the help of Storm Troopers had broken through the UNSC's ranks. They were heading towards the HQ in large numbers while the marines closed the breach in their defenses.

    "Think we could pull off the speed boost long enough to take down about a hundred Sith and ten times that many Storm Troopers?"

    "Well, it depends. Do you plan on being alive at the end of it?"

    "I think that means no, chief. "

    "Thanks for the input, Cid."

    He stared out at the swarm, formulating his next plan of attack.
    Avatar by Reynard!

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    General Vicinity of Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Seeing the explosions and laser fire from the marines and other Sigil troops tear into the now mostly disarmed Sith warriors, Morcleon dispels his shadow clones, feeling the welcome surge of energy enter him.

    "Let's not do that again. I don't have the insane amounts of chakra that Naruto does."

    "Agreed. That took a lot out of me. Well, I suppose that's what I get for dividing my chakra into fifths..."

    "There appears to be a large contingent of stormtroopers and Sith bearing down on the headquarters. If they are not stopped, it is very likely they will destroy the structure."

    His eyes widening, Morcleon leaps from rooftop to rooftop toward the HQ. Landing on a building not far from the base, he scrutinizes the arrayed hostile forces.

    "Thrawn? Tactical anaylsis?"

    "They are advancing extremely quickly. At their current rate, the marines will be unable to stop them befor they reach the HQ. Also, your physical abilities have not been fully manifested, so a melee attack on them would be suicide at this point. I recommend using a long range, high power technique to destroy a large percentage of them in a single hit. I believe Sasuke has one such ability. Kirin."

    "Indeed. We will have to generate the thunder clouds, though. I presume you know this technique well enough to set it up effectively?"

    "Of course," Morcleon grins inwardly. "I have seen the anime, after all."

    He forms a hand seal, channeling a vast amount of chakra into his throat and mouth. Raising his head to the sky, two roaring dragons of fire shoot into the air, continuing onwards to slowly dwindle out of sight. This rapid increase in the ambient temperature, combined with the rising heat from the previous Amaterasu, creates a large rumbling cumulonimbus, coalescing above the headquarters building.

    A slight rain begins to fall. In this sudden twilight gloom, Morcleon stands up, facing the side of the enemy formation. A hand is raised in the air, crackling faintly with lightning. He reaches his chakra into the thunderstorm, drawing out the natural lightning within. It converges on a point above the amassed enemy, blazing into existence as a blue-white dragon head, spitting sparks.

    "It's not as large as the one I used on Itachi, but it'll do."

    Morcleon grins, muttering to himself. "'Vanish with the lightning... This is Kirin.'"

    The blast of lightning strikes down in the barest fraction of a second, slamming into the center of the enemy formation.
    Due to a suddenly increased workload this week, I will be unable to post until Friday/Saturday. My apologies.

    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    "Everyone carries something important enough to die for and they are running around so as not to lose it."
    -Kamijou Touma

    Homebrew:

    Nexus Characters
    RailITP Characters

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    "Flashy. That's Sasuke, though."

    'I don't think that I have the durability to use many powers, yet. How long until power integration is complete?'

    "You have the lowest level of my powers already, as per our agreement. It should take about five more hours to implant the full extent."

    "Give me about two days."

    'Hold a moment, we really need to stop those incoming enemies. That lightning blast took our quite a few of them, but I count quite a few still coming in. We may be able to regenerate, but we aren't very durable yet.'

    "Give me arm control and I'll be able to erect a barrier. That should prevent them from reaching the headquarters building, allowing time to eliminate the remaining enemies."

    'Very well. Just remember our agreement: save first, then conquer.'

    William's arms begin to move at great speed, forming seals. A cracking sound can be heard as Williams arms go far past their normal limits. Soon, though, William slams his right palm on the ground, and a demonic gate rises, barring passage with the barrier that seems to emanate from it.

    "Kuchiyose: Rashomon. Very little can pass through this gate..."

    'You seem to have broken my arms in the process, though...'

    "Those will heal, won't they? We've created the chokepoint, now we need to eliminate those trapped by it. If I may?"

    'No, we've done enough for now. I rather suspect that we'll be seeing something big come through next, so we should be prepared.'

    William stood atop the gate, letting his broken arms regenerate themselves while watching for stragglers.
    Status: Recovering. ETA: 3 days

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    As it turned out, Sith were much less intimidating when you strip away their usual advantages. Kate's immune to Force manipulation, can read the future as well as they can, can dodge bullets even better, and has a sword that isn't destroyed by light sabers. Just as She put a bullet through the gap between a Quarian's light sabers, straight into its skull, her other hand holding Excalibur out to deflect a blow from a Devaronian, Rise's nervous voice echoed again through her mind. "Uh, Senpai, there're a lot of those Star Wars guys coming towards the base!"

    Kate ax kicked the Devaronian. "Crap. How many?"

    "Uh....a few hundred Storm Troopers, maybe a thousand, and maybe a few dozen with light sabers!"

    Kate swore, and, given the expedience that was quite suddenly required of her, found herself unable to resist the slightly ironic justice of frying the rest of the group around her with a hearty "MAZIOLAO."

    "Just for the record, use of a Lao- level spell was, perhaps, not the wisest course of action."

    'There were only a few Sith, and they needed far more than normal troops. It was a trade off.' She leapt towards the temple.

    Had circumstances been a bit more favorable, Kate would've had a number of options to choose between. Of course, "more favorable circumstances" meant "had more time to properly bond with her past lives". Yu had several Ma- type spells that would probably work, but she could only safely handle base level versions right now, and that just wouldn't cut it against a huge group of powerful foes like this. Excalibur was fully capable of taking the whole lot out in one shot - but that level of synchronization would take a while for her to achieve. With Unit-00, of course, it would've been as simple as crushing ants. Ants that couldn't bite back. But she didn't have Unit-00, and with all this thought noise, there was no guarantee she'd be able to pilot at first anyways. And the Lance? Not even worth considering.

    "Heh. At least you'll always have me. By the way? Watch for lightning, please. Those clouds look nasty."

    Kate sighed. Without more time to synch up, she had far less to work with. On the bright side, it did make for an easier decision. She jumped. For people like Canaan and Arturia, getting to the front of the pack in one leap was child's play; as per Canaan's warning, she twisted so as to not be in the way when Kirin hit. The light and heat washed over her pleasantly; to account for the shock wave. she adjusted her trajectory to. Just before landing, she gritted her teeth and pointed at the soldiers before her and to her right and spit out another "MARAGI."....right as the Rashomon Gates erupted from the ground. The sudden eruption of fire tore through the suddenly tightly-packed soldiers. 'Well, that worked out well....' As the shock began to wear off and the men right in front of her found their bearings, she once more readjusted her grip and and charged, eager to ensure that this advance ended right here.
    Last edited by AkaiNeko; 2012-07-09 at 01:55 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Where did you start yours?

    Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    A clap of thunder wakes Conor from his thousand yard stare. He looks around, startled, to discover that the quiet girl named Kimiko had finished all tests and functions with his new arms, and that the other girl -whose name was Abhorsen?- had put away the dangerous Bells and gathered up Nehima. It had also begun to rain.

    At this point, devoid of adrenaline, afraid, confused, and scrambling to contain 4 minds full of emotions, thoughts, memories, and instincts, that he remembered the four bodies laying on the ground. Staring at nothing forever.

    He let his legs, made of advanced plastics and metal rather than flesh, sink him to the ground as he cradled his head in his hands.

    "Oh god. Oh god what did I do. What the hell did I just do? I just...killed... four people!"

    It is the same with any new warrior. This is why armies train and train and train again their soldiers. Why they have propaganda, and patriotism, and celebrations upon homecoming. Because they have to do what you just saw, and more than that, they are expected to do so as many times as possible. Get up, young one. I did that damage, not you. I have killed for my life before, and I will not hesitate to do so again. Always remember that everything has a time and a place to die, and when it is ours, we shall. But for now, get up. We must find out what is happening here.


    For...for what its worth, your arms should be about.....four hundred thirty six point eight five percent stronger, your legs about the same. I finished my calibrations. They should also be strong enough to take that force, as well as anything trying to dump kinetic energy into them less than... I dunno, these meteors might destroy them, but they have some kind of strengthener I can't pinpoint... am I...rambling?

    yeah, an ya got my awwesome WWhite Science, an that killed Sollux. Ain't nothin stronger than that guy. Sides, wwho cares 'bout some random dudes wwho wwere tryin to kill you anywways?

    Thanks, I guess.

    He got up, quite easily, from limbs that just felt...good. For some reason, the memory that he murdered four people, from a life of complete pacifism, just went away. He flicked Nehima out of her scabbard and twirled her on his finger as if she were a toy.
    So... information......

    He looked around, ignoring meteors and gunfire, though they were more distant at this point, and saw a stormtrooper run around a building, and nearly fall down. Easy pickings. He almost smiled as he picked up his sword, and began to run...
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-07-09 at 01:54 AM.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    mkfuba07's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Tristan could only stare at the oncoming army.

    "Maybe with more practice working together we could maintain the Speed Boost long enough to take out all of them, but I don't think I have it in me. Anyone else have any ideas?"

    "I could manipulate the gravity of the area like I did with the Reds, but I don't think those Sith are planning on giving me the time to gather the power. Sure, Sigil has to have a massive confluence of leylines passing through it, but I need the time to tap into it."

    "Let's count that out then. Keep it in mind for later."

    "I'm more of a one-on-one fighter. Or a small gang. You're not gonna get much help from me on this large of a scale.

    "I might be able to handle it, but without watercrafting to heal my wounds, and there will be wounds, you might not make it through the fight."

    At that moment he saw a shadowed figure leap to a nearby building. He looked skyward, and two fiery dragons shot into the sky. Clouds formed, and rain began to fall. A dragon's head appears, the embodiment of lightning in the darkening sky.

    "This gives me an idea. Not sure you're ready for it yet, so we may need to borrow some lightning of our own."

    "I've got that covered."

    As a colossal bolt of lightning ravaged the core of the enemy forces, Tristan drew his swords. One he pointed at the sky, towards the center of the thunderstorm. The other, the one with the red gem set into the pommel, he pointed towards the charred ground that remained after the lightning strike.

    "Fulminas!"

    Ramuh!

    The souls chimed in chorus, and the lightning responded to their summons. A bolt of lightning much smaller than the first tore through the sky, towards Tristan's raised gladius. As it hit him, he redirected it through his other blade, and the materia sparked and crackled. The electricity coursed into the ground, and a mountain of earth began to rise in the middle of the enemy troops.

    When the tip was level with the roof of their headquarters, it burst open to reveal an old man wielding a staff. He raised his staff in the air and lightning coursed towards him, just as it had for Tristan. Instead of being redirected towards a single point it was scattered at random in a ring around it. Many of the Sith warriors were able to absorb the electricity on their lightsabers, but some weren't so lucky. Every storm trooper that was struck by Ramuh's attack dropped to the ground, either dead or incapacitated.

    As quickly as he appeared, Ramuh wrapped himself in his cloak, summoned another bolt of lightning, and disappeared, his mountain collapsing into the ground once more. The ring of dead troops that the shadowy stranger had started was now half again as large.

    Tristan stared, wide-eyed, at the destruction he had just wrought. His arms fell to his sides, hands losing their grips on his swords. They felt like... well, like a billion volts had passed through them.

    "That... what the coolest thing I've ever seen! Show me more!"

    "Maybe when you can move your arms, kid."
    Avatar by Reynard!

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DarthArminius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    The End Of The Battle
    Jacob's slaughter of over a hundred Storm Troopers and others with Shinnok's staff blasts was only the beginning of the slaughter of the enemy troops. Others let use thunder blasts, and other wildly powerful attacks. Only a dozen Sith were left to fall back. Meanwhile, The Lady of Pain had finally appeared from whatever task she was performing and then, as suddenly as the enemies came, she shut the gates entering the other worlds. "From now on," everyone in the city heard this, "No one leaves or enters until the Personae have found what they need. I suggest you all get comfortable with your new homes until then."

    The Shadow Preists just shrugged. No battle was necessary for them.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    "The Personae? What the heck?"

    'Agreed. What?'
    'Does it matter, we have to wait until some internal issues can be dealt with. If nothing else, it gives us time to practice, and for me to mark our... Tools...'
    'You sound way too happy about that...'
    'You're no-'
    'Don't worry I won't mark your staff, don't get your.... Panties?... I don't think there are enough words for this in Dawarven.'
    "Well first things first, we need to regroup and talk. We can probably meet the others back at the warehouse base... Let's... Why am I speaking to myself in plural?"

    'Get used to it, many Spartans have to. It will also be a good time to introduce myself.... Are you sure you don't want to talk to UNSC forces?'

    "Yes."

    Erik begins walking back.
    My Homebrew Sig.

    Woo, I have a Quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolf727 View Post
    To avoid harming the sanity of the DM I can no longer:

    * Cast flesh to stone on a annoying Druid
    ** Cast Rock to mud on a Druid statue
    *** Scoop mud into little ceramic pots
    **** Plant tree's in individual ceramic pots
    ***** Claim that I have helped them become one with nature
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.
    Internet's bugging up, sorry for any delays.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Kate laughed uncontrollably as she pulled herself from the rubble left by that last summon, surrounded by a chaotic swirl of dust and color, the adrenaline in her system not quite agreeing with the relief that accompanied news of the battle's end. Her four alternate selves joined in (though Rei just smiled slightly) a moment later, especially Yu.

    "It seems this Lady of Pain is aware of what Persona's are, and has a different word for users. Never thought I'd be on this side of that relationship."

    'Yep. Didn't see that coming. The Lady saying something funny....weird. Anyways, can we all agree that we need to talk to our new comrades about spamming high-level attacks against targets that we've just closed for melee combat with? Magic is one thing, for now, but who knows what else they've got.'

    "Indeed. There's no guarantee that my resistance will scale enough for us to remain impervious forever. We'll have to hope for the best, I suppose. Though before you start talking strategy, you should probably introduce yourself." She and Canaan shared a significant look, and Arturia nodded. "But before we do any of that...."

    Kate's elation drained somewhat. 'Oh, right. We should definitely help with the wounded out here. Yu, I assume we can still manage a few Dias?'

    "Sure. So long as we just focus on stabilizing and critical injuries, we should be fine."

    Kate nodded and began searching for wounded.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Where did you start yours?

    Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    The stormtrooper, still unaware of the cyborg running towards it, stopped, raised a hand to the side of its helmet, nodded once, and turned around to run in the other direction. It made it around the corner, followed swiftly by the deft electronic legs of the 16 year old. The trooper's shoulders sagged with relief when it saw the portal at the end of the block. With a last burst of energy, it began to sprint towards it.

    No! Stop him!
    I have it! I will call upon the Charter.
    "Anet, Callow, Ferhew, Trobodaer!"

    Conor saw a flash of the effect of the spell a split second before it was fired. "NO!", he yelled as he bucked the hand that had been outreached towards the stormtrooper into the sky.

    A few dozen slivers of some kind of gold metal flew from his fingertips into the air in a deadly burst. The stormtrooper, noticing the shout and blast, turned and raised its blaster. But at this point, Conor's new metal legs had carried him into the soldier, mere feet in front of the portal's shimmering colors. The human struggled underneath him, but an exhausted human has no strength at all compared to robotic limbs. Conor clutched at the arms, pinned them to teh soldiers chest, and ignored the vicious kicks aimed at him as he knelt on top of the soldier.

    He ripped off the helmet, first thing. He saw a woman's face, sweaty and flushed, her short hair a complete tangled mess. She was struggling angrily and futilely against the robot arms. He drew Nehima, in the guidance of the one in his mind. The soldier's eyes widened. She struggled harder. He held the sword up, so that she had no choice but to look at it. her eyes slowly went from panicked and angry to unfocused and dazed, her limbs slowing as though she was struggling through syrup.

    C'mon, c'mon...

    And in a flash behind his eyes, he drew himself through Nehima, and into her memories.
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-07-09 at 11:20 PM.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    mkfuba07's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Tristan settled down after the exhilarating attack, and was getting prepared to set the mess he'd made of the ground back to normal. Summoning a mountain was cool and all, but people still had to use the roads.

    As he prepared to leap down from the roof, a figure pulled itself out of the rubble, and began to brush itself off.

    "A straggler. We should capture whoever it is for questioning."

    "Kitai, that doesn't look like a Si-"

    Tristan felt himself leaning over the edge. Just as he was looking straight down at the debris-ridden courtyard, he felt Kitai take full control and kick off of the side of the building. He sped towards the back of what he could now tell was a girl. She appeared to be administering first aid to a marine.

    "That's not something an enemy would be doing..."

    "Stop Kitai! She's with us!"

    She showed no signs of stopping as she drew her gladii, not filling Tristan in on what she planned to do with them. He didn't like it, though.

    Harry didn't either. With a great effort of will he chipped through Kitai's control and with little more than a thought released the kinetic energy stored in one of his rings. A force strong enough to blast a hole in a brick wall propelled the front half of Tristan's body towards the ground. He landed less than gracefully, rolling until his forward momentum was stopped by the force of friction on his already damaged body.

    For the third time that day, he was lying broken on the ground. At least this time there were enough pools of water around that watercrafting himself to full strength would be much easier. While he started the healing, he decided they needed to have a "discussion".

    "All right, from now on, I'm completely in charge. No more taking control, no more making your own decisions. This is my body that you're throwing around and battering within an inch of its limits." He gave out a painful groan as his broken arm set itself and began mending together. "I know that none of you are stupid, but you're going to have to consult with everyone else before doing anything that could kill me. We should also think about being more careful with the power we're throwing around. Apparently that person who crawled out of the rubble was an ally. An ally we could have killed."

    Without saying anything, they made him aware of their agreement. He stared silently towards the sky as healing rain fell against his skin.
    Avatar by Reynard!

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Necron was having a very strange day.
    What should have been a regular day soon turned strange with the sudden appearance of Light and the very strange appearance of several multiple personalities.

    'So this is what we become. Gotta say we could do better.' came the voice of Jarez, the Exile
    'Great I thought I'd already dealt with having a second person in my head. I swear if Garret comes back...' Tom Lovett scowled mentally as he added his expertise to the collective.
    'Why does it always happen to me. Why coudn't Ron take this one for once. You think you had it bad, I had a Dark Lord sitting in my skull weighing me down since I was 1.' grumbled Harry.
    'As opposed to several hundred sets of memories flashing through you? Many of which being military a**holes' Zeus, the virus commonly known as Alex mercer butted in.
    'Quiet! This is my head, my rules' Necron burst in
    'Not anymore bro. Our head, our rules.' Lovett pointed out
    'So how does this work exactly?'
    'Well until we fully integrate all but the dominant personalities abilities are suppressed, so if you want my skills at stabbing someone with a pen you can't use the Force from Jarez to do it with. We should be able to integrate if given a few hours alone. Or several days fighting.' Lovett explained.

    With that settled the collection vanished with the pop of apparition.

    As the portals were sealed Necron slipped through, feeling the wards slam down a moment afterwards.
    "Well that was lucky. I almost missed the lockdown."
    Necron walks up to the nearest living being and asks "What happened?"
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

    I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    General Vicinity of Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Morcleon stood on the top of the building, watching the thunderstorm dissipate into nothing. A smile broke out on his face. To no one in particular, he muttered. "Well... we won, didn't we? It's a shame we can't go back to earth yet."

    "You may have won, but the strain from all of those techniques should be catching up to you about-"

    He felt light-headed, and the world spun around him. His knees crumpled, and his body fell off of the roof to the rubble below. Lying there with a small trickle of blood coming from his mouth, Morcleon chuckles at Karan's mental expression.

    "... now. You really should be more careful and not push yourself. The physical integration hasn't completed yet, so you only have the chakra to sustain you."

    "Indeed. You're lucky that you're still conscious."

    "Fine... when will the merger be complete?"

    "It will take several days to fully gain our physical skills."

    Groaning, Morcleon lifted himself off the ground and sat up. He staggered to his feet and walked slowly to the warehouse. Upon his arrival, he slumped against one of the crates and closed his eyes.

    "What happened?"

    Snapping his head up at the sound of the voice, he blinked at a figure standing in front of him. Tilting his head to the side, he answered the voice. "Hmm? Oh, we got attacked by a bunch of Sith, stormtroopers and other assorted antagonists... Are you another one of us? Y'know, multiple minds/souls, one body?"
    Due to a suddenly increased workload this week, I will be unable to post until Friday/Saturday. My apologies.

    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    "Everyone carries something important enough to die for and they are running around so as not to lose it."
    -Kamijou Touma

    Homebrew:

    Nexus Characters
    RailITP Characters

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

    Kate crouched on top of a building, sword and gun at the ready, listening to a possible ally argue with themselves. The marine she'd found in the rubble below was behind her, his wounds no longer life-threatening. Said possible ally was on the ground before her, apparently also no longer life-threatening-ish.

    '"An ally we could have killed." Sounds like confirmation to me.'

    "Also sounds hilariously misinformed. I didn't even need Synesthesia to hear them coming."

    "Indeed, but that's beside the point. We have a wounded ally down there, who may or may not be in a stable enough state of mind to accept aid."

    "Actually, they seem to be healing pretty quickly. Some kind of regeneration, seems to involve ambient water."

    '....is that what that is? These colors are giving me a headache.'

    "I lived like this for years. You get very used to it. This one time, I found a detonator cap that this guy had swallowed-"

    "If we could return to the matter at hand? I think we should call to them from here and see how they react."

    Kate nodded and, with some trepidation, called down: "Hey! Are you ok down there? Got yourselves sorted out?"
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Where did you start yours?

    Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •