New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

Kate speaks again. "I like Sam's idea; it keeps us (me) a little safer, probably, gives us more warning and we have ways of striking from here if it turns out to be hostile."
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Firbolg in the Playground

Morcleon
    The Pride of Hiigara

Shrugging, Morcleon nods his assent. "Seems like a good plan. You need a physical route to the outside, or can the spirit just pass through the hull?"
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-15 at 03:59 PM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I'll be able to cast it out into space. Don't you worry about that." She walks right up to the view-pane, a small smile curving across her mouth. Tapping the mana sources both within her armor and that of the ship itself, Sam bends the very fabric of existence in order to summon a ghostly creature from the plane of Innistrad. Elspeth's experience as a planeswalker did come in handy sometimes. Tattered robes, a soft moan as the creature floated into the void.
    Xavier? I know we can control it inherently, but I want you to form a limited one way telepathic link with the creature, so we can see and communicate through it.
    If you think it is prudent, Samantha. But are you sure you want to follow through with this plan?
    What do you mean?
    I mean sacrificing a sentient creature simply to satisfy our curiosity.
    It isn't alive, Professor. The spirit isn't actually here, it's just a memory of something given form through planeswalking magics. What Sam summoned is little more than a spell.
    I see. Proceed, then.
    After checking once more with Morcleon and the nav computer, Sam sends the geist directly out into space, towards where the craft is supposed to be approaching from. Hopefully, things would not come to violence, but if they did the Personae would be ready.

Winner of the MtG card design contest 'Winner is the Judge', Week 5!

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

Spirit!Sam:
    Space
    You take advantage of the speed afforded by being an incorporeal entity, not subject to the constraints of reality. You near the winged figure in a matter of seconds, but arrive to find that it has changed course: not to avoid you, but towards a nearby asteroid where a lumbering mining ship is at work. As you draw near, you see that the asteroid seems to have some sort of facility built into it, filled with metal and wiring. The miner is busily converting these to raw resources, evidently unaware of just what it is digging into. You have about a minute before the dark winged figure arrives at the asteroid.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Dwarf in the Playground

On the bridge, Sam finds herself relating what is happening to the other Personae while giving Xavier orders for engagement. It was funny that one of the skills integral to being a Persona turned out to being simply able to carry out multiple streams of conversation at the same time.
    I want you to broadcast the following: "This is the bridge of the Pride of Hiigara. Identify your person and purpose please. We do not mean any harm to passers by." Send it out on every telepathic frequency you can, so that it can pick it up. The telepath soon complies, and Sam can feel the thoughts being reverbrated outwards from her geist, into the darkness of the open space towards the winged figure.

6. - Top - End - #576

Morcleon
    The Pride of Hiigara

As Sam mentions the facility, Morcleon's eyes widen, and he quickly orders that particular collector to cancel harvesting and dock with the mothership. He then marks that asteroid's icon on the sensors as a vessel, rather than a mineable object.

Muttering, he leans back slightly and sighs. "This had better not be a replay of the Kadeshi missions. I hated those things..."
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

As the resource ship backs away, the winged figure arrives at the asteroid. It seems to ignore your telepathic call, or at least does not reply. It draws forth from somewhere on its person two scepters, one black and one white. Suddenly, several of the asteroids begin flaring red, launching instantaneously into movement and flying off into space... towards Earth. Moments later, more follow, as all along the asteroid belt huge pieces of rock begin a long journey inward.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Orc in the Playground

"....no way. Is that....Meteor? Maybe?"

"In any case, we can likely assume hostility on its part at this point. Put another way, can we please attack it now?"

"HOLY CRAP IT IS LAUNCHING ROCKS AT THE EARTH CAN WE KILL IT NOW?!"

"Now is NOT a good time for discussions, we REALLY need to get something done NOW!"

"For what it's worth, the rocks are likely only a minor threat at best - don't forget the level of power we and our allies wield. Not that I'm saying we shouldn't firmly consider treating this figure as an enemy."

"Alright whatever it is, it's definitely acting like an enemy. How do we stops the Meteors, how do we attack it? Fast, people!"
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

9. - Top - End - #579

Morcleon
    The Pride of Hiigara

Frowning, Morcleon re-checks the sensors, and performs a few calculations. He snorts in laughter, then grins at Kate. "Kate. Calm down. The asteroids will be a nuisance at best. Besides, at the speed they're traveling at, it'll take them about 84 years to reach Earth. I think we'll have dealt with our primary enemy by then."

"As to how we stop them, I guess I could timeslip in a few clones on each, then have them blow it up." He shrugs, turning back to his monitors. "More importantly, what (and how?) do we do with the thing that just threw the meteors at Earth?"

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

As the personae weigh their options, the winged figure casually draws the sword from its own chest, and slices spirit!Sam cleanly in two in one fluid movement. Then it sets off again, heading for the Pride once more.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Orc in the Playground

"....ok, can we do something now? And could someone besides me please start acting like this is a problem, please? I'm really fighting that "just take care of it on your own" urge, here."

12. - Top - End - #582
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sam hears the telepath sigh as the connection to the geist is severed. The mana source in her armor restored for now, Sam feels the power re-surging back into the outer exo-skeleton.
    "Alright, now it goes without saying that whatever that thing is, it's dangerous and not open to diplomacy. We need to decide what to do about both it and the asteroids." Sam's resident souls are just as worried as the Personae seem to be, debating the best course of action.
    There might be a spell I can cast, but only as a last resort should we fail to stop this attack. I would prefer to prevent the damage than healing it after the fact. In any case, it would be wise to do some teleporting around the Earth, to form as many mana bonds as possible to use right now.
    If we do get down to the surface, I can also tap into all the leylines. There is theoretically no upper limit to the power of the spell I can cast as long as we are near an intersection. Newgrange will be perfect.
    But what can we actually accomplish sitting on the surface? Those asteroids might not land anywhere near our location.
    Well, we can make this job at least a little bit easier on ourselves if we try to directly reduce the threat - blowing up some of the bigger asteroids might help.
    We cannot simply get rid of them! These asteroids play an important part in the balance of this solar system: elimination might not be the best policy.
    Then what do you suggest, oh wise and mysterious android?
    Find a way to put them back where they were, in orbit.
    And what is your plan for that course of action?
    I am still in the process of working that out.
    Sam runs a hand through her hair; there had to be a way to stop or at least remedy the attack. That was on her.
    "You deal with whatever that thing is. Leave the asteroids to me. Tell me Morcleon, do you still have that fighter you promised?"
    Last edited by TheAntiplanar; 2012-11-18 at 09:59 AM.

13. - Top - End - #583

With a nod and grin, Morcleon replies, "Yep. It's just coming off of the assembly line now. By the time you get down there, it should be ready for flight."

"We've taken the basic Advanced Swarmer design, replaced the engine generator with an improved Fighter Drive, slapped on some weapon and armor upgrades, and given it an Acolyte-style ion repeater. Should handle pretty well. The specs will be on the HUD once you get in. Enjoy."

He turns back to the monitors, and speaks to the rest of the Personae. "Anyone here have spaceflight capability? Or should I just blast it?"

14. - Top - End - #584

Erik Smiles.
    "I can pilot. Other than Geas or shapchangeing I can't think of any immediate methods of dealing, my powers are best in long term confrontations."
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sam simply nods in response to the question of the captain. She feels Fett urging to take control once again and this time she consents without complaint.
    "I've got of the most notorious bounty hunter of the Star Wars universe in my corner, who just happens to be an ace pilot. I'll go now and fix that little asteroid problem. I'll have Xavier set up a basic two way link, so we can keep each other in the loop."
    Did you really have to take over vocal controls for a boast like that? If you're going to be narcissistic, at least do it right. There are certain standards, you know.
    You gotta flex your muscles once in a while, djinn. It's my turn now.
    Whirling around, Sam tries to find an interface map of the Pride and looks for the fighter bay. As soon as she locates it, she takes an infinitesimal trip to the Blind Eternities and back, arriving at the other section of the mothership - considerably closer to the far wall than she had expected.
    What did you expect, planeshifting inside a moving object? Be careful next time, or you might find yourself in the void. As Sam takes that under consideration, Fett immediately directs her body towards the new Kadeshi fighter and hops in the cockpit. As the HUD comes up, her lips curl into an uncharacteristic smirk. This would be fun.
    Alright, let's give this a shot. It might take a couple of minutes to get adjusted to, but I should have the handle of it pretty quick. As soon as the way is clear, Fett pilots the fighter out into space, towards Earth and the trajectory of the asteroids.
    Last edited by TheAntiplanar; 2012-11-18 at 09:15 PM.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Orc in the Playground

Kate speaks. "I vote that we NOT try to engage it with fighters. It's obviously dangerous, and those can be pretty exposed. I vote we shot it from here, and if that doesn't work, anyone with strong vacuum combat abilities can head out to engage it. So, blast it, for now."

17. - Top - End - #587

"In that case I can run distraction."
    Erik taps on his suit.
    "Sealed suit, regen in case of pops, and flight capable. The question is what exactly you want to do, and I'd rather be hear for planing... Or... Either of you two still have the headsets I gave you?"
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

18. - Top - End - #588

Nodding to Kate, Morcleon replies, "Yeah, I figured as much. Launching some frigates now."

"I still have mine," he pipes up to Erik, tapping the side of his head. "You should probably give one to Kate, though. Anyway, it would be best if you could run distraction on the angel. My ships will tell you when they're about to fire so you can get clear."

From the bays of the Pride, five ships are seen emerging. Anyone familiar with the game would note them as two flak frigates, two torpedo frigates, and an ion frigate. The ships take up formation in a reverse chevron, with the ion frigate at the back, and the flak frigates at the front. All turn to face the incoming angel, and prepare to fire once within range.

Spoiler
    Show
    7200 RU left.

Fleet:
    2x Resource Collector
    1x Interceptors
    2x Flak Frigate
    2x Torpedo Frigate
    1x Ion Frigate
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-18 at 10:26 PM.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Orc in the Playground

Kate accepted the headset and slipped it on. She shook her head and smiled slightly.

When did we agree to call it an "angel"? Rei, we may need to disabuse them of any notion that THAT is anywhere near an Angel. Gently of course.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

ETA to ships coming within shooting distance: 15 min
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Orc in the Playground

"....soooo....I could, like, open some Dirac portals for them to shoot through, or something...."

22. - Top - End - #592

"Yes, that would be much appreciated," replies Morcleon with a smile. "I would really prefer not to have to wait until they get within standard firing range. Are they one-way, or could that thing manage to get back through it?"

23. - Top - End - #593

"Ok, I'm going outside."

With a few words, Erik appears outside the ship, very close to the angel (About a minute and a half), and begins attempting to 'Hail' it, bringing out Scrolls of Message for use.

((Message in spoiler))

Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings, This is Erik Vale. Please Deviate in Course away from the Pride and Slow Down. Communicate if Possible. I will reach you soon."
    Show

Life is Hectic.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Orc in the Playground

Kate gives a slightly evil grin. "Do you want them to be one way? Just gimme the coordinates, anything special you want, and boom. Preferably after Erik's out of the way and assuming he fails, of course."

25. - Top - End - #595

Returning the grin, Morcleon chuckles. "One way, us to them, with as many speed boosts, energy boosts and defense penetration abilities as you can do without straining yourself. I'll display coordinates once Erik's out of the way."

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

Erik:
    Space
    In slightly less time than it takes your brain to formulate a thought, the 'angel' teleports across the remaining distance between you, unsheathes its sword again, and runs you through the chest with it. It then proceeds to continue right on past, casually re-sheathing the sword in its own torso and heading off towards the ship at extreme speed.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Dwarf in the Playground

These controls seem to be working quite nicely. Nothing too complicated here.
    It does help that I've been giving the interface technopathic commands and rebuilding the software to accommodate for your needs, human.
    Hey, I don't need your help!
    Very well. You seem to have figured it out anyhow.
    Fett, still in control of Sam's body, continues to pilot the Kadeshi fighter through space at a rapid speed. Soon, the asteroids that the winged figure had pushed towards the planet were coming into view.
    That's a lot of targets to hit, boss.
    I guess it's a good thing we have a lot of ordnance at our disposal then. Okay Boba, make sure to save most of your firepower for the biggest asteroids. We need to break them up into manageable chunks. Are you ready?
    Firing now.
    A host of missiles and other forms of ordnance unloads from the modified spacecraft, hurtling towards the largest of the asteroids.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Orc in the Playground

"Whoa! Um, Erik? Erik, do you read? Erik!"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: It took everything I had not to do teh Metal Gear Solid thing.

29. - Top - End - #599

Erik takes a moment to splutter as his diagphragm regenerates, and then to use a mending scroll on his suit.

"Yes I read. Other than supersharp, I have no aftereffects from that sword, expect him to try and cut through the ship. I am engaging in delaying action now, inform me if you would like me to move."

And then, Erik launches six volleys of magic at the angel.

Spoiler
    Show

This is going to be some cheese:

Using Warlock Rewrites, I have access to three full BAB Eldritch Blasts. With epic feats, two essences and shapes each. Here are the blasts. Only one non homebrew is Utterdark blask.
    I went for more blasts rather than 4 essences/shapes each.

1: Eldritch Encore (Turns to two blasts) [URL="http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6967447&postcount=1"]Eldritch Guillotine (20% Crit Chance, 3* damage) Paralyzing Blast Paralysis, Utterdark Blast (Negative Levels)
    2: Eldritch Encore (Turns to two blasts) [URL="http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6967447&postcount=1"]Eldritch Guillotine (20% Crit Chance, 3* damage)
    Freezing Blast Freeze for a minute, Utterdark Blast (Negative Levels)
    3: Eldritch Encore (Turns to two blasts) Eldritch Guillotine (20% Crit Chance, 3* damage)
    Stoneshape Blast Slowly turn to into stone, Utterdark Blast (Negative Levels)
    Show

Life is Hectic.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

Erik:
    Space
    As the spells catch the figure in the back, a bright neon-green light springs into being at the point of impact. It spreads into a burst as each spell effect takes place, making the spectacle difficult to see. Then it goes dark. The figure tumbles forward, apparently largely unaffected by your spells. It continues towards the Pride.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.