New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

Seeing the lack of affect, Erik tries the same blasts without the effects of Utterdark ((Unering)), and again with Vivacous. Should nothing happen with either, he begins elemental variations.

Spoiler
    Show

Same spells, some with Vivacous, Elemental,Unerring Blast, Echoing (Remove Encore), Vitriolic (As the normal)

If you can think of an electrical version, go ahead.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

Erik:
    Space
    Again, your spells appear to do exactly *ahem* Jack.

Sam:
    Also Space
    The asteroid targeted is destroyed, reduced to several much smaller bits. Among the debris, you see an abnormally large amount of gleaming silvery metal bitz and glass.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Orc in the Playground

"OK, I'm ready to open those portals whenever, Morcleon; I also recommend you be ready to evac if that thing gets too close."
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

4. - Top - End - #604

Morcleon nods. "Yes, now would be a good time." He brings up the coordinates on the large monitor, as well as some basic information about the ships to be receiving the portals.

"Karan, please prep the ship for a rapid hyperspace jump if that thing gets too close. We don't want to get cut up."

"I have already begun doing so. The emergency jump will be ready when needed."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

5. - Top - End - #605

"Guy's, I'm just pinging off him, does anyone know who this is, or have a clue to how to attack. I got two stocks before I have to start trying his soul or slowing him down just with dragging him, but I'm not holding out much hope... Do we have enough ships to ferry astroids back to the feild, just keep pulling them back until we have an idea. Also, someone ask the Guy's we brought in."

Still flying after him, Erik attempts to turn Jack (Not that he knows it's Jack) into a toad, repeating a invocatoin a few times.

Spoiler
    Show

Erik will attempt 3 times, if after that is hasn't worked, tell me.

Next comes baleful geas, then a Eldrad/Maiden in black based soul attack, then grappling with a side of Damnation.
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

Erik:
    Space
    Once again, your spells seem not to have the intended effect. However, something about it seems to have gotten Noir's interest. After the first spell, he stops, turning to face you. There is a look of absolute rage and hatred in his eyes, and he starts towards you across the expanse separating your from the former archagent.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-11-22 at 05:33 PM.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

7. - Top - End - #607

"Uhh, Guy's, my magic isn't working but it seems I might be on the right track with a polymorph. Or he can hear me. Backpeddling now with a hint of magic."

Erik immidiately starts backpedling, travelling directly away from the angel but not looking back (he is letting Phage do that), and continues casting.

Should the angel get in sword range before a transformation occours, Erik will simply teleport away, leaving his image in place looking like it's about to sh*t itself. ((Flee the Scene))
    Show

Life is Hectic.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

Erik:
    Space
    In less than the blink of an eye, the winged figure vanishes. You barely manage to teleport away before he slices your image clean in half from behind.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-11-22 at 07:19 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

9. - Top - End - #609

Erik, In Space

Erik smiles to himself inside his helmet.
    "Guys, It looks like I am about to be involved in a teleporting battle. Magic will be rent rather useless pretty soon, so there goes psi-war as well."
    Internally, Deadpool smiles, and pipes up in his mind.
    'You mean... I get to play.'
    'Yes, yes I do.'
    'Oh boy.'

Drawing Eldrads stave from the bag of holding, Erik utters a few words.
    "It's party time."

The thing about teleport battles, was that extreme speed was involved, and prediction, and luck. The first one to figure out the others pattern pretty much won. As it was, Erik had the Chaotic mind of Deapool, that had beaten superhuman tacticians, and Phage, a Well beyond Superhuman AI for finding patterns.
    And instant teleportation from devices, and superhuman capabilities.

Teleporting behind Jack, Erik shouted loudly (Phage gracefully turning of the volume for a moment), and attempted to slam Eldrads spear through Jack, prepared to teleport away.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

Erik:
    Space
    He blocks with his sword, whipping around supernaturally fast to catch the staff mid-thrust. In an instant, he disappears. You sense something behind you, knowing you have a fraction of a second to act.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

11. - Top - End - #611

Erik

Erik spins and teleports at the same time, appearing 2 meters back and on his side, where he believes someone will be, in such a way that the end of his spin will thrust his spear into Jack's foot, if his landing position is right.

Meanwhile, he growls at Phage.

"Spend a moment fine tuning that motion sensor, I want to know exactly where he lands."

Spoiler
    Show

I should be able to 'see' where Jack lands with my motion sensor, as I can sense the displacement caused by his arival, and any movement he makes.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fett growls in annoyance at the appearance of what looks to be a majority of smaller targets. They simply did not have enough ordnance to deal with all of the remaining debris of each of the large asteroids.
    Don't worry about that, you just let old Bartimaeus handle it. I've got to start pulling my weight here, after all. Within her, Sam can feel the djinn gathering up his power in order to some of his magic; by the looks of it, this was going to be a significant expenditure of essence. After a moment, Bartimaeus releases his spell, creating a Detonation at the center of the space debris. Sam watches as the remainder of the glass and metal is hurled in all directions.
    Ah... does this ship have energy shields at all?
    None that would protect us from something of that magnitude colliding with us.
    Right. So, I'm thinking evasive maneuvers?
    Probably a good plan, yes. Boba?
    Already on it. You know, this ship is actually quite simplistic, when you get the hang of it.
    Using reflexes born of decades of piloting spacecraft, the mercenary will proceed to engage in any kind of evasive maneuvers, trying to dodge whatever leftover fragments of the asteroid is headed towards the Kadeshi fighter. Bartimaeus also pitches in, creating the odd Shield from his own power in order to protect the ship's hull should Fett fail.

Winner of the MtG card design contest 'Winner is the Judge', Week 5!

13. - Top - End - #613
    Orc in the Playground

"Portals open, tracking target. Erik, we have beads on your fight. Call if you need an assist, person or ship-based, and strongly consider getting the hell out of there."
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

Erik:
    Space
    Your jab lands in empty space, as Jack teleports out of the way, leaving you between him and the newly-opened portal through which you can see Morcleon's little fleet.
    Noir pauses, then raises his sword above his head. A sickly green fire rushes into existance, arcing across the void like lightning, despite the physical impossibilities of such an occurrence. The fire rushes towards you and the ships in the blink of an eye, and only the brief pause beforehand gives you a chance to act.

Morcleon:
    The Pride of Hiigara
    You have hardly gotten the display working when the green fire leaps forward, arcing towards the portal, and your ships. You have only a few seconds to act before it hits.

Sam:
    Space
    Your dodges are quite effective, but nonetheless it takes all your effort to pull it off. If you had been in less skilled company, you would have been hit for sure. As it is, you manage to escape the field of debris, clearing the fiel-THUNK. Something smacks against the top of the ship before bouncing off, doing minimal damage. It only passes through your vision for a second, but you are fairly sure you know what you saw: a body drifting among the wreckage.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-11-23 at 01:18 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

15. - Top - End - #615

Morcleon

Muttering a few choice words under his breath, Morcleon snaps open his pocket watch and steps through the portal, immediately coming out the other side in front of his ships' formations. His eyes spinning red and black, he murmurs softly into the vacuum of space, "Enton. Kagutsuchi..."

A wall of black flames rushes forth to meet the green, assuming that Erik does not manage to stop it beforehand.
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Dwarf in the Playground

What was that?
    If I am not mistaken, that would be a cadaver that hit us just now. I thought you were protecting the hull, demon?
    Not a demon! Also, I can only use a Shield for so long before I have to drop it and make another. My essence is limited, even if in this body it does regenerate over time.
    That's worrying. Was the body somehow encased in the asteroid?
    Honestly, nothing would surprise me anymore.
    That is beside the point! We can try to figure this out later. For now, we move on to the next biggest asteroid. While any death is a tragedy, I think one body can wait when the fates of billions potentially hangs in the balance.
    Continuing to press on, Fett directs the Kadeshi fighter towards the next largest asteroid that the winged figure had sent towards Earth. Hopefully, they would have enough ordnance to blow up all the biggest threats. He unloads a barrage of missiles coolly, watching the flash through the viewport as they collide with the space rock.
    Last edited by TheAntiplanar; 2012-11-23 at 02:54 PM.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam:
    Space
    You successfully destroy two more of the largest asteroids immediately visible. Now that you're looking, you start noticing far more such corpses. Each one is, however, a shiny, almost carapaced black, making them difficult to spot against the void of space.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-11-23 at 03:27 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Dwarf in the Playground

The largest of the threats dealt with for now, Sam directs Fett to slow down the Swarmer in order to closer examine the bodies. However, he is equally ready to speed up or fire the craft's weapons at a moment's notice.
    If you would like, I can send out a low-level telepathic sweep for any sort of thought activity in the area.
    Yes, please do so Professor. Bartimaeus, let's check the seven planes for any sign of unusual activity. Also, can you send out a spell to check the strength and location of any surrounding magical forces?
    Sam can feel her vision change as the djinn shifts through the seven visible omnipresent planes, looking out at the bodies. He also sends out a Pulse in order to check the area for magical signatures. The emanation is very small, splitting into small orbs of color as the spell moves out into the space surrounding the ship. They change in size and color depending on the type and degree of magic detected.
    Are they Xenomorphs? Or perhaps Homestuck imps? If these bodies happen to be either case, then we needn't worry too much about their destructive capabilities right now.
    Let's just wait and see what the results of the scans are.
    Last edited by TheAntiplanar; 2012-11-24 at 09:28 AM.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Orc in the Playground

Kate sighed heavily; more enemies who just refused to make sense. She was the only part of herself not used to this; it didn't look like she'd be catching up quite yet, either. Fortunately the rest of her was ready; Yu stepped forward, and Kate raised her and said: "Read Wall!"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Not a reference to classic children's literature. A defensive anti-fire spell.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam:
    Space
    Your scan for forms of life reveals an astounding amount present, inside the asteroids. More careful examination of the bodies reveal that while they are vaguely humanoid, they have are heavily carapaced. Some are a dark black, some are a clean white (or, in most cases, a bloody white).

Kate:
    The Pride of Hiigara
    The spell stops the fire in place, but it does not quench it. The two forces wrestle at each other, your spell quickly burning through your energy while the fire still rages with all the force of a sun larger than the universe itself.

Connor:
    A Small Room
    You wake up with a slight pain in the back of your neck. It subsides quickly. You can't remember much of what just happened. One second, you were fighting the Borg, the next... Who knows?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor77 View Post
    Conor's arms and legs returned, oozing back up around the metal skeleton from which they had fallen. He got up, and looked at the astoundingly small space the bridge had become, and how the mass of flesh and machinery was soon going to fill it up. He also wondered if the Borg had any climate control with their fancy shields. Summoning resonating structures from his cells, he put his hands on the windows behind him.

"Suck negative sixty degree air, cyborgs!", he said as he blasted the windows of the entire bridge out at once. All of the warm air in the bridge seemed to be drawn out of the room at once, icy rime growing swiftly on the surfaces of the bridge. Then, calling on Telekinesis, he begins to funnel bodies out of the hole he made and into the frosty darkness outside. Clearing space around the cramped quarters seems to help the fighters, at least to maneuver. The chill however, is an entirely different story...
    Now that you are conscious again, you look around. You find yourself in a small, dimly lit room with metal ceiling, walls, and floor.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-11-25 at 07:15 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

He reaches down to his waist for Nehima, and another for his bells. Assuming neither are there, he walks around the tiny room, seeking out any distinguishing features that the room has (beds, windows, doors, cell bars, etc.). He also looks for a pumpkin.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

22. - Top - End - #622
    Dwarf in the Playground

Upon psychic and magical detection of life, Sam's eyes narrow. There was something... something familiar about this entire scenario. The asteroids and the winged figure, the scepter. A word floats to the forefront of Sam's memory: Homestuck. It is accompanied by a very dark feeling, an omnipresent dread.
    What is this you're thinking about now?
    A webcomic. At least, its mostly a webcomic. The fact that we are seeing it take factual form can't be a good thing, especially since in the original story the presence of the winged figure meant that the protagonists had already lost.
    Well damn. So I guess we're in trouble again, aren't we?
    I don't understand, Sam. What does that mean for us? What should we do now? How does it end?
    I don't know! You just... you have to figure this all out for yourselves. Nothing makes any sense anymore. Fiction is fact, fact is fiction. I don't have all the answers, so why do you keep looking at me to lead you?! Other than biological happenstance, there is no reason for my control over this body, and the six of you are all clearly more talented in every possible way. I'm just.. me. A stupid, inadequate Earthling girl.
    And you think any of us were any different? I was just Nick Reilly before my transformation. I know what it's like, being surrounded by people who seem tougher than you are. Listen to me, Sam. I honestly can tell you that over the last couple of days, you've proven yourself strong, resourceful, and intelligent. You're a leader, Sam. While it's true that all of us wield powers or are experienced in different fields, we're people first. So come on and lead.
    ... Alright. You win. I guess there's no way of avoiding my position in this madness.
    Sam takes a deep breath in her own body, having temporarily taken control back from Fett. She stares out at the field of asteroids, contemplating what looks to be this universe's version of the Veil. They would still have to deal with the asteroids themselves, but it was still important to learn as much as they could about how that particular universe had been de-fictionalized. That was the best way to stop Jack Noir.
    Xavier, send out another telepathic signal. Tell anything that can listen that we mean no harm, and simply want to protect our home planet. If they won't listen, I want Bartimaeus and Boba to blow them to kingdom come. There's no way that Earth is going to be destroyed on our watch.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

Conor:
    A Small Room
    You see no pumpkin, and frankly it is hard to imagine there ever was a pumpkin, in plain sight or otherwise.
    Anyways, there is a door, evidently leading out of the room. It is closed.

Sam:
    Space
    Whatever they are, the life forms are listening. They can hear you, anyways, and they don't really have much choice in the matter. However, you get no reply to your psychic message.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Conor frowns at the lack of gourd, but walks over to the door, and opens it. Rooms with no windows or other features besides a door often contain a trapped door. So when he does open it, he opens it very cautiously.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

25. - Top - End - #625
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sam's frown deepens at the lack of response from any of the life forms nearby. Were they... in the asteroids? That meant that in order to save her home planet, Sam was committing murder.
    Are we really going to accept this? Killing what seem to be innocent beings in order to save others is hardly a heroic act, Samantha. This is a line I will not cross lightly.
    It needs to be done, Professor. Would you rather save what's left of the human race? If these asteroids hit Earth, everything involved will be obliterated anyway.
    Listen to you, already rationalizing. If we pull the trigger here, it's on us. No amount of excuses will wash our hands of the blood we're about to spill. I hope you all know that.
    You're right, this is on us. Nevertheless, it needs to be done. Xavier, can you send out one last telepathic signal? Just tell them that we're sorry. Boba, Bartimaeus, open fire.
    Sam takes a deep breath before letting the mercenary take the reins once again. She instructs Boba and Bartimaeus to proceed as before, destroying as many of the asteroids as possible with what remains of the ship's ordnance and the Detonations of the djinn.
    Umm... there might be another way to do this. I can try using a Compression on one of the asteroids. Normally, it would implode the target rather than exploding it, condensing the mass into the size of a marble. I've never tried it on anything this big before, though. No telling what happens, but it might save the life forms.
    That sounds highly dangerous. Even though the area and thus the pressure of impact would be divided, would the density of the resulting asteroid not increase exponentially?
    I think trying to put any sort of physical calculation on the asteroids is doomed to fail in either case. Let Bartimaeus try it out once, at the very least. If we can save them, shouldn't we do our best?
    Alright, go ahead Bartimaeus. Just one asteroid at first, though.
    Last edited by TheAntiplanar; 2012-11-26 at 01:23 PM.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Orc in the Playground

Kate's face has dropped into a feral snarl. "OK, no. Screw you."

Canaan! You said universe, right?

"Well, yeah, more or less...."

Rei! Can we make a universe? Or, uh, verse?

"Theoretically, yes. It will require greater direct contact with me, however. You may want to consider an alternative, given the possible consequences."

We don't have TIME-

"Kate. Try re-purposing the existing Dirac portals to redirect the flames back at him. If it doesn't work, we can try your plan."

Awesome, thanks Saber.

In a flash, the portals have re-positioned themselves to catch the flames, while the the portals at other end are once again tracking Noir, closely.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

Conor:
    Three Guesses
    You open the door, revealing another room beyond. Stepping out, you find yourself on the bridge of the Pride of Hiigara.

Morcleon, Kate:
    The Pride of Hiigara
    The small door near the back of the bridge through which Erik entered earlier opens again, revealing a slightly confused Conor.

Kate:
    See Above
    The portals redirect as you command, spilling a bolt of green fire directly towards Noir. As it hits him, his form flashes through black, white, green, and void, and the fire appears to disappear into him.

Sam:
    Space
    Before you can try out your compression on an asteroid, a sensor indicates that something has appeared close to the fighter. Pulling up a viewscreen, you see that it is Noir, flashing between the various appearances described above. Suddenly, a flash of green fire jumps out of him, as if through a portal, and rushes towards your fighter.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Huh". Amid a few weird looks, Conor stares out of the bridge, to see a wave of green fire being battled and redirected throughout space, as well as the corpses of hundreds of Carapacians tumbling through the void. "That's weird. The last thing I can remember is...", he starts, but trails off.

Then he seems to realize the gravity of the situation. Dersites. The green fire. There was only one force that produced green fire, and only a handful that accessed it. He hoped to any god that it was someone else, anyone other than... he looked on a monitor. The scarred wolfish face appeared before him. He was the only one who would be attacking them anyways.

"Jack", Conor whispered. Well, ****. He needed to be taken out, and quickly too, before he killed all of them. But what was he going to do? The comic didn't even update to a point where he was stopped. The only thing he seemed to not kill was Jade, and if they had Jade, this entire business would already be over, because she could take them where they needed to go. The only one he feared was...

"The Peregrine Mendicant", he said aloud.

Quickly, he spoke to the others on the bridge, saying "Can anyone here create illusions? Preferably around me? I have someone I need to emulate that might be able to drive this guy away"

29. - Top - End - #629
    Dwarf in the Playground

As the magical attack hurtles towards the fighter, Sam finds herself once again in tactical command of the souls.
    Evasive maneuvers! Do whatever you can to dodge the attack, Boba. Bartimaeus, is there anything you can do to protect us from harm?
    I can try a Shield, or maybe a Flux? It negates most magic, but it might not work here.
    Anything will work, do it now.
    As both the bounty hunter and the djinn comply with her directives, Sam turns to Elspeth Tirel for help of another sort.
    Alright, do you have an instant spell you can cast? If not, we can planeshift out of here and re-summon a copy of the ship later.
    There is a spell, but it will not protect us from any harm. Moreover, the ship will be completely destroyed and we will be floating in the vacuum for a couple of seconds, and I wouldn't advise that.
    Taking a moment, Sam weighs her options. Ultimately, a fighter such as this was not worth her life, and there was always the possibility of her casting another one in the future. She instructs Elspeth to ready a planeshift back down to the Earth's surface should Boba and Bartimaeus fail.
    Last edited by TheAntiplanar; 2012-11-26 at 03:44 PM.

30. - Top - End - #630

Turning to face the new arrival, Morcleon smiles. "Ah Conor. Welcome. We could use some help right now."

"And yes, I can weave a genjutsu/illusion blend that should likely stand up to most skills. Peregrine Mendicant, was it?" He asks, sending a message to Karan. "Karan. Google Images. Now."

Several pictures of said Peregrine Mendicant appear onscreen. "Which one would you like?"