New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

"This one", he says, pointing. (The indicated)

"I already have wings and with a little ingenuity, the green stuff shouldn't be too hard to fake. I just need him to not notice the difference for this to work".
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

2. - Top - End - #632
    Firbolg in the Playground

Nodding, Morcleon takes the Sixth Key and pokes the indicated image, dragging it into a 3-D form on the deck. He quickly creates, with a mix of rapid hand signs and sketched symbols, a replication of the picture, which he affixes to Conor's form. "Thank god for those animation lessons..."

Morcleon steps back and grins. "There we go. You should be fine so long as nothing too out of the ordinary happens."
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-26 at 04:53 PM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Thank you."

Conor moved out of the ship. It was Crowley's power, so there was no flash, no sound, no smell, just a simple transposition from one place to another. He drew Nehima, which was disguised as the Regisword that PM wielded. If this worked... it would save everyone. If it didn't, he was likely to get chump-stabbed by an unkillable demon-god.

Right.

He teleported to a spot, not quite inconspicuous, where Jack would notice him, but not wonder at the teleportation. Have Lirael make some flashy green Charter effects, combined with some illusion from others, and he had a reasonable facsimile of PM. And he made sure to fly towards Jack in such a way that Jack had to look at what was coming at him.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

4. - Top - End - #634
    Orc in the Playground

OK, that didn't work. Good try though.

"I wonder if he took one of our portals, or made one himself? Regardless, we should switch to defensive for a moment a make sure that fire doesn't hit anyone."

"Joy. That'll be easy. This guy's a pain to aim at. Hurry it up with what ever we're doing."

"I strongly recommend asking the inexplicably-but-conveniently present Conor whether or not it is likely to be effective via headset; he seems to have some knowledge."

Good idea. No reason to treat reality like Rei in one of Asakura's fantasies.

"Are you still insisting Another World was a fantasy?"

Yes, because it's the only way Rei's actions make any sense. It explains the notebook, the convenience - hell, it's called "Another World". Definitely a fantasy.

"She's got a point. Just because you have a weird fixation on NTR doesn't mean you're right."

"Meh."

Out loud, Kate called to Conor over her headset: "Hey, Conor, good to see you again. On the off-chance you fail, what would collapsing a universe on this guy do for us?"
    Last edited by AkaiNeko; 2012-11-26 at 06:07 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

Conor:
    Space
    Upon seeing you, Jack backs away, ceasing his fiery attack. He flies backwards, trying to keep a constant distance away.

Sam:

Space
    For a second, the shield holds. You can feel it drawing at power you have all too little of, though, and in just a few more seconds it may... then the fire stops. A quick glance reveals that Noir has disappeared again.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Conor... has no method for receiving radio signals. So he says nothing, staring silently at Mr. Noir, safe(-ish) in his white illusion shell. He moves forward towards Noir, trying to drive him away from everyone else.
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-11-26 at 11:42 PM.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Orc in the Playground

"Damn it all...."

Rei, put me in contact with him, fast.

"Go."

"Repeat: Hey, Conor, it's Kate. Good to see you again. On the off-chance you fail, what would collapsing a universe on this guy do for us?"
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

(telepathically)

(Unless you have a method of making sure that it hits him and he's physical while it happens, probably less than nothing. It'll just go through him and you'll probably end up smashing the Pride or something like that. I wouldn't recommend it. If I fail at this, there is only one thing we can do to stop him, and that's to get at his power source, which is a sun the size of two universes.)

9. - Top - End - #639

Erik
    Space, Not to long ago

Erik teleported several meters down out of the way of the bolt, and had an idea (Even as his memory began subtly rewriting to incorperate information).

"Perhaps we need to land the blade inside of him durring a teleportation."
    'Well let's take him somewhere physics doesn't quite work."
    'No. No. And physics isn't working to well at the moment.'
    'I like crazy but.'
    'Nope, perfect Idea. Alerting Morc.'
    'You can't be serious...'
    'I can and I am.'
    "Morcleon, get everyone to absent themselves from about 5m away from our buddy. I'm going to try some removilist work where my powers should work better."

Space, NOW!

Dark invocations currupted even further from their origens and perverted through strange magics where held in the palm of Erik's hand, as he deep in concentration planned his landing between what where once evasive, but now are just-in-case.

Erik thinks at Connor, and Eldrad sneds the thooughts his way.
    'Mind moving away from him for like, 10 seconds, a fair bit away. I'm about to trans-dimensional this battle in a way that should well and truely end it.

Erik then stops teleporting, and begins flying down towards Jack, as he is currently above and behind him.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

10. - Top - End - #640

Morcleon
    The Pride of Hiigara

Blinking a few times in bemusement, Morcleon replies, "Ah, in case you haven't noticed, our ships are about ten kilometers from your position. I'll alert Conor, though."

Whipping out the Sixth Key, he rapidly writes a message to Conor in flowing green ink.
    Get to a distance of at least 5 meters away from Jack and Erik. Erik's going to try some "removilist work", as he puts it.
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

11. - Top - End - #641

Everyone being a 'safe' (The word being used with much speculation) distance from Jack, Erik did the insane.

He teleported behind Jack he reached out and activate (Exploded might be a better word) the spell he had wrought.

Immediately, all senses not calibrated for the warp would go haywire.

The space where Erik and Jack once occupied was taken over by a portal straight into the warp, no specific location, just there, with two superpowerful beings that where concious being the targets, it would be a splash of the highest order.
    Ok, a little smaller than when Slanesh entered the warp for his birth.

The spell, a highly corrupted spell of Damnation, was designed to, instead of sucking the person into a suddenly appearing portal to hell just behind them, have the potal apear where the ball was, which would by it's nature blow up into a ball acting something like a black whole that instead of turning those entering it into nuetrons, sent them to the warp. It was desined to reach aproximately 5m in diameter, and hold for just a few seconds but...
    When playing with the warp, expect it to be like a physics experiment. It either:
    Doesn't Work.
    Works Spectacularly
    Or kills you out of sheer strangeness.
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    3 possible results, eh? *rolls 1d3* Heh, heh, heh...

Erik:
    A Very Dangerous Situation
    As you cast the combination spell and warp-power, you feel something go slightly wrong, then catastrophically wrong, and yet, you are near-helpless to stop.
    Jack manages to dodge your spell, teleporting out of the way, and its main point travels farther than you would have expected, about fifteen feet. It then expands, forming a large, circular portal, seemingly to the warp. You stand still, compelled by some unknown force to hold your place. Then something begins pulling itself through the portal, tentacles first. For a moment, you are terrified that it is Marit Lage, somehow back to finish you off, but it is much smaller than that particular eldritch monstrosity. It is about two meters wide, a large ball of skin that seems to phase in and out of reality, with several long tentacles extending from a head-like protrusion near the bottom.
    You know, in your deeper mind, that you will do whatever this thing wills you to do. Or will you? Something stirs up at the core of your being, and you break free of the creature's control, if even just for a moment. Whatever deep part of yourself is responsible tells you one thing: run, and run now.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Conor takes one look at the eldritch thing [I can see it, right?] and decides that Jack needs to get taken out of the equation. Now. He flies with all the speed he possesses (probably very fast) towards Jack, intending to force him away from the group, for as long as possible.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Conor:
    Potentially An Even Worse Situation
    You race towards Jack, who has quickly backed away from the emerging creature. He isn't watching you, so you get rather close before, suddenly, you stop. It's just what you need to do at the moment. In your new passive state, you turn to look at the tentacled monster to which you have unthinkingly come disturbingly close. A half-and-a-quarter-dozen eyes peer back into your mind, taking stock of their newest prize. For you to do so much as look away would be almost... unthinkable. But yet you can still think, if just a bit, and you can feel your ability to do so waning. Best act while you still can, says a voice inside you. Best run.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Angry at the new variable, Conor backpedals directly away from the Horrorterror, in a 90 degree angle from his entrance vector. Eridan yells in his brain, and even as he moves away from the incomprehensible sight, he draws the Wwand. Time to see if Eridan could have beaten Noir after all. In the silence of space, Conor points the stick of white solidly at Bec Noir's rapidly diminishing immobile back. Hopefully the force kills Jack, and if it doesn't, hopefully it pushes Jack into the tentacle thing, and if it doesn't, hopefully it pisses the thing off and makes it think Jack did it. That's a whole lot to hope for, but Conor had a whole lotta Hope. He let the energy contained in the wand go, ripping through the vacuum of space as fast as light itself could go.
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-11-27 at 11:58 PM.

16. - Top - End - #646

Erik
    Oh Crap

There where perhaps 5 people (AI discluded) who maintained anything of their wits just then.

Erik from sheer might of a gestalt mind, Alric due to dwarven resistance, Eldrad due to millennia in training, Deadpool just by being able to fix his breaking mind, and the Maiden, who was a demon herself.
    Eldrad didn't need a hint to project the next thought.

"I was supposed to go, not bring someone over... Dealing."

There were only two gods that produced creatures like that off the top of his head, scratch, 1 of relevance. Nurgle. Tentacles where a little odd. Right then he was feeling rather glad to have a sealed suit. He needed to close the portal fast, but it probably wouldn't work with that thing passing through it, and he didn't know anything that would sever the piece quickly. OH god oh god oh god...
    'Looks like I'll still end up in there.' Was Erik's poorly thought out thought pushing past the terror that had him flying back without thinking.
    He just didn't want to end up with a greater demon, or something bigger...

With great reluctance he started flying back towards the portal, the height of insanity, crying out mentally back towards Morcleon.
    "Gonna need to push it through and close it on the other side. I'll be back."
    Why couldn't have he gotten it right first time?
    Accelerating, Erik turned the last minute trying to use his just over a ton of bulk to push the demon (and himself) back through the portal, trying vainly to justify the insanity that was building.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

Erik:
    Space
    With every meter closer, you feel your remaining will drain away. You stop a meter short of your objective. You feel an innate disappointment in yourself, and you're not sure if it comes from within you or the thing hanging in space before you.

Conor:
    Space
    The pulse drives along a straight line. Jack phases again, flickering between neon shades of green and grey. In the very edge of your peripheral vision, you see another of him appearing, and your projectile flying into one and out of the other. It is redirected towards the monster, and hits it in the center. It lets out a shriek, or you think it does. It might just be in your head. It overwhelms you, like the tolling of a great, painful chime. You feel the need to drop to your knees, if such a thing were possible.

Erik:
    Space
    A flash of light crosses your vision, but you don't really register it. Then, suddenly, the thing in front of you disappears. The hole closes almost as quickly as the dampening presence leaves your mind. You can think clearly again, and it is a glorious feeling.
    Turning, you see that Conor seems to have collapsed in pain, and Jack is eying him with a look of suspicion and interest. The demonic figure takes a tentative step towards your comrade, his stride strengthening with each unblocked step forward.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

For a moment, Conor drifts backwards in space, stunned. Then, Eridan reminds him loudly of the "--ON! THE DEMON! NOIR IS RIGHT THERE, TURN THE HELL AROUND!", at which point Conor shakes himself and turns. Jack is indeed "right there" apparently sailing closer through space with each passing second. Without really thinking about what he was doing, Conor brandishes Nehima like the sword stuck in Jack's chest, and curls his illusory lips back in a snarl. Against all logic and probably suicidally, he charges forward instead of back, knowing that distance has no meaning as to whether he survives. Only keeping up the appearance of being the Mendicant can do that, an appearance he feels is dangerously uncertain after his use of White Magic.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Dwarf in the Playground

As soon as Jack Noir had disappeared, Sam had instructed Boba and Bartimaeus to continue destroying asteroids, in order of largest to smallest. She also told Xavier to continue to send out a telepathic apology for destroying the creatures that lived within the astral bodies. As she watches, Sam feels a slow burning sadness within her. As much as this was necessary, such an action weighed heavily upon her.
    This is futile, in any case. We cannot simply destroy the asteroids one at a time - it's highly inefficient, and Noir can simply send more at the Earth. It isn't like he is running out of ammunition anytime soon.
    Victor is right, we need an alternative solution.
    Sam thinks for a moment... what if there was a way in order to directly protect the Earth from all harm? There might be a way, but there was no guarantee of success.
    Elspeth, take us back down to the Earth's surface after Boba's got the autopilot on and re-directs the fighter back to the Pride. Once the controls have been entered, the fighter begins to turn around and speed through space towards the mothership. Meanwhile, Sam opens a rift to the Blind Eternities, stepping through to Earth. The first thing to hit her is the heat - blistering, humid heat rolling off the grasslands. There was the odd stunted tree, but little else in the way of vegetation. In the far distance, she could see a dormant volcano, complete with a caldera and snow at the peak.
    Where are we?
    If I'm not mistaken, we're in Kenya, near Mount Kilimanjaro.
    Last edited by TheAntiplanar; 2012-11-28 at 07:46 AM.

Winner of the MtG card design contest 'Winner is the Judge', Week 5!

20. - Top - End - #650

Erik
    Space is Confusing

Yes it is.
    Turning, Erik spots Jack aproaching Conner and remembers somehow that he has to end up inside him.
    Changing his grip on the spear, Erik teleports, right behind Jack, and punches, the tip of the spear leading, in a attempt to put part of his body in the space Jack occupies, and begins channeling the Maiden's powers.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

Conor:
    Space
    At your rush, Jack comes to a halt. A look of doubt crosses his face, and he begins to back up, matching your speed. For a moment, you are pushing him back, then he stops.

Erik:
    Space
    As you arrive at Jack's location, you see to your surprise that he has already turned to face you. With a quick double-swing, he deflects and halves your spear, then cuts your leading arm clean off. He then teleports away.

Conor:
    Space
    After a vary brief stop to deal with Erik, Noir teleports ahead to regain the ground he has lost to you, and continues retreating.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

22. - Top - End - #652

Erik
    Space

Erik cries out as the spear and his arm begins floating away. Using his other hand to reach for a scroll, the Maiden speaks out.

'No. I observed it. Give me a moment. Try now.'

Deep within his mind, He feels The Maiden use the spirit arts to create a new spell, based on the mending scroll, using the souls of the Deamon Prince and his Knights from before, making them now inaccesable. Now with a word, the arm of the Sparten armour is replaced.

"Your running out of air."
    "I get it. One last time before I cycle, I promise."

Retrieving his spear as his hand quickly regenerates (He leaves the peice of sparten armour to fly away), Erik thinks.

'He disapeared before away from green fire. Perhaps a disintigration bolt and he might try it, however I would have to try and teleport inside him staight away.'

Growling, Erik Launches a bolt of Eldritch energy, and in the instant after he leave, teleports as to land in the space Jack is occupying an instant after the bolt should hit Jack.

Spoiler
    Show

Annihilating Blast
    Dark, 9th, Eldritch Essence

This eldritch essence invocation allows you to change your eldritch blast into a annihilating blast. A creature or object struck by an annihilating blast must make a Fortitude save or take double damage. In addition, a creature or object reduced to 0 hp or less by an annihilating blast dies. Its body is totally disintegrated, leaving behind only a trace of fine dust.
    I'm hoping he 'runs' away from it. Otherwise I just teleported inside him and get shunted away.

Also, In Halo 2, Near the start (First mission actually, middle/end of it) There is a space scene, and the Master Chief's Motion sensor work. However, he could also hear, so I'm not sure if it helps my argument entirely but...
    Show

Life is Hectic.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

Erik:
    Space
    Your teleport is successful (that is to say, you don't think you got shunted) and you find yourself right next to Jack, though he doesn't seem to have moved out of the way of your bolt. Then you realize that there is another Jack standing right behind you. The bolt hits the original, passes out of the copy, and hits you in the right leg. Jack then teleports away, reappearing fifty meters or so ahead.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

24. - Top - End - #654

Erik
    Erik has barely a moment to register his confusion before he has to strugle to maintain his physical form and restore his armour at the same time.
    With a sudden lack of air supply, he uses his last breath to take him onto the Pride, when the suit automatically opens up to let air in, he ripped of his Helmet to gasp.
    Damn it felt warm in here.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

Morcleon:
    The Pride of Hiigara
    You hear something behind you, and turn your head to see it's Erik making his return. As you return your attention to the controls, however, you see a small package on the control-board in front of you that almost certainly wasn't there a second ago. It has a small note attached, which reads:
    Hey, sorry about this, I was supposed to have given you this like half an hour ago. You want to just pretend you had it the entire time? Thanks, bro, I knew I could count on you.
    -l8r
    The package is wrapped in brown paper, fastened with a string tied in a bow at the top. It is about one inch thick, 6 inches tall, and 4 inches wide.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-12-02 at 10:01 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

26. - Top - End - #656

Morcleon
    The Pride of Hiigara

Looking at the state of Erik's suit, Morcleon quirks an eyebrow. "Ooookay. I take it things didn't go so well out there? How bad is it?"

He blinks as he sees the package. Cautiously picking it up, he examines it, then, stepping away from the console, unwraps the paper relatively far away from everyone else.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

Morcleon:
    The Pride of Hiigara
    It is a book. The small journal is bound in dark, worn leather. All the pages inside are empty, except for one near the very back.
    The one marked page is divided into eight rows, each of which is labeled with a name. Some have more than that.
    1. Marit Lage
      -Avoided for now
    2. Jarlek, Daemon of Tzeentch
      -Defeated
    3. The Borg
      -Defeated
    4. An Enslaver
      -Defeated
    5. Bec Noir
      -Retreating
    6. Flandre Scarlet
    7. ???
    8. ???
    The next page is divided in a similar manner, but nothing is written in any of the rows yet.
    The spine of the book is labeled 'Quest Journal'.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Orc in the Playground

Kate saw the journal. "OK, cool, he's retreating. That's....um....does that say....?" Despite herself, Kate's face paled slightly. It was irrational - she wasn't even much of a fan - but the name still held some weight. "....Flandre Scarlet. Joy."

Shaking her head, Kate called to Conor once more: "Status? Thoughts? Help needed? Song requests?"

29. - Top - End - #659

The Pride
    "I just... Can't Seem.. To touch... Him."

Erik calms his breathing.

"Now, back out to the fight."
    Resealing his suit with his helmet, Erik teleports out to where he was.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

30. - Top - End - #660

Morcleon
    The Pride of Hiigara

Staring blankly at the small book, Morcleon mutters, "Well, at least it's not a Quest Log..."

Flipping to the front, he quickly writes down a short entry:
    Stardate 11001.4, Pride of Hiigara

Currently fighting against Jack Noir (Bec Noir), who is retreating. Received a small quest journal. Sender unknown, although seems to be rather familiar with me.
    Closing the book, he offers it to Kate if she wants to examine it closer.