New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

Erik
    Space

Relocating one of the Jack's, Erik remembers something, and casts two spells in quick succesion.
    One turns his eyes black.
    The second appears as a burst of magic ripping from Jack (The one he believes to be real) towards Erik.

Spoiler
    Show

Invocation
    Eldritch Sight
    Dark; 8th

This invocation causes the warlock to be affected by the spells true seeing and greater arcane sight for 24 hours. The whites of the warlock's eyes become jet black and his pupils and irises glow with eldritch power. If the warlock focuses his vision as a standard action with this invocation active, he can cause a creature within 120 ft. to become sickened with no saving throw for 1 minute. A creature with half the warlock's HD or less becomes nauseated instead. Once per encounter when the warlock has eldritch sight active, he may cause a creature with 100 hit points or less to die instantly by focusing his vision with a standard action.

The Other Spell is a combination of Eldritch blast and the Soulsucker Spell. Designed to tear at Jack's Soul.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Orc in the Playground

Kate accepts the book with a nod and begins to look through it (what there is, anyways); meanwhile, she asks everyone: "Any ideas, guys? We've tried physical damage; no hits. We've tried magic; nothing. We've tried magicking it harder AND throwing its own stuff back at it, at least once at the same time; nothing. And those who know more than me say that creating a layered 'versal-existence structure, sending him into the center and collapsing the #### out of it all is unlikely to work. We need a new angle. I've heard something about a power source?"
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

3. - Top - End - #663

Morcleon
    The Pride of Hiigara

Glancing over to Kate, Morcleon replies, "If you need a power source, I could open a gate to the Void. Then we could use it to power whatever we need, or we could just shove him in."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Orc in the Playground

"Honestly, that probably won't work. Apparently he can manipulate space or something. I was thinking we go after HIS power source. But what do I know? What do you guys think?"
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Telepathically: (Yeah, yeah, his power source. The Green Sun [Massive Homestuck spoilers]. The Green Sun is twice the size of a standard universe, and gives him total control of "Space" if you consider space to be the parameters of the universe, instant to instant. Time he can't do, so anyone time travelling can probably beat him, and every time he uses one of his powers, it "links" back there, to the area where the Green Sun is. Time doesn't really exist there, so if you show up and just start sucking up Green Sun, eventually his power should fade away and die. Not that I find this likely. In the meantime, I'm just gonna keep chasing him. He's deathly afraid of the person I'm...impersonating. He should keep running no matter what, meaning you guys can focus down those asteroids.)
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

Jacob:
    The Pride of Hiigara
    Sitting alone near the back of the ship's bridge, you awaken suddenly. You become aware that you've been out of it for a not inconsiderable amount of time. Otherwise, you seem alright: you're not detectably hurt and your mind seems clear once more. Kate and Morcleon stand at the control panels, talking between themselves as the former leafs through a small book.

Erik:
    Space
    Your soul-sucking spell seems to take effect on Noir, visibly ripping some form of essence from him. It actually causes him to keel over, stunned for a second. The blast hits him hard, and he staggers backwards for a few steps before recovering. Still, he looks even less certain about his situation, and you can see genuine fear flashing on his face between bouts of hate.

Conor:
    Space
    As you pursue Bec Noir, Erik comes flying out of nowhere again and starts draining the monster with some sort of magic. Strangely, it seems effective, and Noir is pushed back.

Morcleon and Kate:
    The Pride of Hiigara
    On the monitor, you see that Erik and Conor seem to be having some success in dealing with Noir. Now would likely be the time to hit him with whatever weapons you have available.
    Behind you, you notice that Jacob seems to have woken up from his trance.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

7. - Top - End - #667

Erik
    Erik telepathically talks to everyone else.
    "I've found a working combination, a draining sort which helps... Connor, Keep him off me, everyone else deal with those asteroids."

Taking a deep breath of his suits air, Erik begins sending off a steady stream of strobing blasts towards

Spoiler
    Show

6 Eldritch Blast per turn at him [Spear and Encore shape] combining the soul sucker and Utterdark as essences. Effectively, I am doing lots of long range level drains. Oh, coincidentally, this will cause a build up of soul energy in me.
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacob
    Jacob awakes . . . "I think I'm finally awake. What happened?" Jake said noticably absentmindedly. "The last thing I remember was we were trying to kill something pretty strong. Nothing we were doing was working. And then I suddenly had a great war fought inside me. I seemed to forgot everything else after that, and then I have just now awoken."

9. - Top - End - #669
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Conor moves forward, shredding his illusion in an instant. It takes a Homestuck weapon to kill a Homestuck god, right? As Jack keeps getting level-drained, Conor moves forward, drawing the Wand.

"What Hope do those have who do not truly understand?"

With these words, at point-blank, he pounds Jack with the full force of the Wand of White Science.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacob looked again at the others. They were preoccupied with something. Then he looked outside the viewing screen. . . "We're in an asteroid field." He looked around at the space in the screen, they were surrounded by lethal meteors everywhere. "Uh, . . . what do we do?"

11. - Top - End - #671
    Orc in the Playground

Kate turned to Jacob. "Honestly, I don't know. We need to beat that thing out there, and we need to stop those rocks fro getting to Earth without destroying the system.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AkaiNeko View Post
    Kate turned to Jacob. "Honestly, I don't know. We need to beat that thing out there, and we need to stop those rocks fro getting to Earth without destroying the system.
    "I don't know about beating that thing out there, but we should be able to prevent the asteroids from destroying us and the system with Borg Technology."

13. - Top - End - #673
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

It was a feint. Jack immediately rips Space open.

Erik: You feel extreme pain in your left arm, and look over to see that Jack has wrenched it around and put a giant sword through the joint, locking it open. He opens his large canine-like mouth and roars at you, before skipping back to where Conor stands, having divested himself of his illusion.

Conor: Jack can't be in two places at once, but he can zip between the two so fast it makes no difference. The Wand blows a giant hole in him, after which he disappears and pops back, whole. So you blow another, and another, trying to dip and dodge around a teleporting opponent. At one point, you have to draw Nehima to block his sword, and the whole thing turns into a giant sword-duel, with some added sparks from the Wand.

The ship: You Jack flicker, with a fresh stomach wound, giving the meteors a big push before departing to the next one almost instantaneously. The net effect is that the meteors are now going even faster. You haven't much time.

14. - Top - End - #674

Cursing, Erik automatically transports himself back to the ship, using spells of mending and his own regenration to suit up before returning.

"A Blody Fient. Guys, you need to do something about the astroid, perhaps send miners to tug them, anything, we need to keep him busy."

Erik's voice comes over the radio link back to the ship clearly as he thinks.

Suddenly, he appears behind Jack, his spear glowing with power as he joins into the melle with a slashing spin.

Spoiler
    Show

Eldritch Blow combined with The Maidens Soul Sucker. I should have enough fighting/foresight ability to keep up with the fight and relieve preassure from Connor.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Orc in the Playground

"....dammit all. OK, look, I have a big-shot-type thingy I can do to stop the rocks, but I'd really like to hear some other options first."