New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

'Sith? Is Revan here? And who are these stormtroopers?' Jarez asked
    'Stormtroopers are a few thousand years in your future. I'll send you the memories of the movies.'
    'Hehe, dumb clones. If you could clone someone, why not clone a Jedi or Sith army and make them loyal? Nothng against the mercenary Mandalore but jeeze.'

"Commander Jarez of the Republic Fleet Bravo, I served under Revan in the Mandalorian Wars before he fell out in the Unknown. Agent Tom Lovett of Pandora, leader of the Janus Squad. Harry Potter, Lord of House Black, Director of the DMLE and former Master of Death. Alex Mercer, or ZEUS depending on who you ask. And me, I'm Necron standard guy all round.
    As for your side, I'm going to assume so until proven otherwise."
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Morcleon grinned at the new arrival. "Ah, wonderful. And yes, you are one of us. We all have four of our past lives and abilities merged within us."

"Uchiha Sasuke, last of the Uchiha clan. John Taylor, Walker of the Nightside. Grand Admiral Thrawn, served under the Chiss Ascendancy and the Empire. Karan Sjet, Fleet Command of the Hiigaran people and the Sajuuk-Khar. Me, I'm Zachary, although you would know me as Morcleon, from the wonderful GiantITP holo-forums."

He struggled to his feet, letting out a breath. "... lucky. You didn't have to fight in that battle... Anyway, let's go find the others. We need to get everyone up to speed and form a plan of sorts."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #63

WolfInSheepsClothing

William hops down from the gate, which should return to the ground fairly soon, so that he can greet the newcomer.

"Welcome to Sigil, then. Necron, was it?

I suppose that I should introduce myself. I am William, another who was granted the power of those whom I am the reincarnation of. The previous incarnations to which I am bound, and which are bound to me, are Evangeline A.K. McDowell, true source of vampirism and high daylight walker, Orochimaru, Sannin and founder of the Village Hidden in the Sound, Sousuke Aizen, Former Captain of the Fifth Division of Soul Society, and Fujiwara no Mokou, owner/operator of a Yakitori stand.

I'm sure that you'll fit right in, here."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacob
    "Interesting." Jake said. "This is all insanity." He said at the newcomer. "I've found out not only that I've been four different people in the past, but that three of them are either incarnations of evil it'self or might as well be. Yet, I can't help but think that this is all quite exciting." He extends his hand to Necron. "The name is Jacob. I'm Ganon, Shinnok, Emperor Mateus Palamecia and Hawke. Nice to meet you."

5. - Top - End - #65

Zombie

"I was an evil Jedi General, the Boy-Who-Lived, a psychopathic virus and a combo of trained assassin and regular guy that was overlaid on a child. So same here, 3/4 are Evil and the other is a moody saviour. I'm sure we'll get along just fine." Necron grins, taking Jacob's hand.

"So where to next? Is there a base or something?"

Sorry everyone

6. - Top - End - #66

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Seems like you'll fit in quite well, then. The headquarters building which we were given is just past that gate."

7. - Top - End - #67

Zombie

Necron heads towards the headquarters, seemingly at ease.
    Though his gait is relaxed trained professionals can see the tiny movements that belie his expertise and wariness as he scans the surroundings of the former battlezone for threats with the eye of someone trained from birth to do it combined with decades of magical warfare and force-based warfare.

Sorry everyone

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Personae

Finally returning to the headquarters, the people may have noticed that the UNSC was currently there, speaking with those who had made it there and were still there. The Spartans had explained to the people there that the UNSC, the United Federation of Planets and several other factions were forming alliances in order to battle Yog Sothoth, an Outer God bent on channeling all of the powers of the Great Old Ones and Outer gods into his avatar in order to conquer realites throughout the multiverse one by one. Apparently this wasn't the only threat. Yog Sothoth had powerful allies, and, in fact, with the absence of important enemies, their power was growing slowly but surely.

By the time that all of the Personae arrived, the people noticed that hundreds of UNSC soldiers were speaking at a building in the center of Personae headquarters.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Halfling in the Playground

Tristan was roused from his daydream by a voice calling from overhead.

"Hey! Are you ok down there? Got yourselves sorted out?"

"Oh yeah," he thought to himself. "I forgot what got me here..."

His eyes focused on the face of a girl glancing over the edge of a building above him. He stretched, his healed limbs aching slightly, and folded his arms behind his head.

"Yeah, I think we're alright. Just had some... control issues. I hope I didn't startle you too much with that lightning show or the attempted incapacitation. If it's any consolation, I don't think she would have tried to kill you. I'm not sure she could, from what I've seen of the other people - uh, personae - today."

"Do you want any help patching people up? It looks like people are meeting at HQ if you've finished up around here."

10. - Top - End - #70

Erik stares at the crowd of soldiers who have yet to notice him, unsure of what to do. John himself, is unsure of whether to join them or go around.
    Then Aleandrea pipes up, and he sees motions appear in his minds eye.

'Do that and I can solve the problem.'
    He was happy a warlock's power doesn't come from complexity. And then, he saw himself begin to fade, becoming translucent.

'Delt with, now go around quietly. You are invisible, only you can see yourself.'

Slowly, Erik began to make his way around the soldiers to the building.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Kate nodded to the man below her. "Aight, let's get going then. I haven't actually met the others yet. I'm Kate, by the way. Kate Holmes. I'm also Canaan, synesthetic mercenary; Narukami Yu, Fool-Type Persona user and leader of the Inaba Persona User's Investigation Group; Ayanami Rei, pilot of Evangelion Prototype Unit-00; and Arturia Pendragon, better known as King Arthur. Good to meet you."
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

Either Neo Tokyo-3, or an underground jail.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Heads turn. A tallish boy dressed in strange clothing is dragging unconscious or possibly even dead troopers floating behind him. The few that notice him watch as he cranes his neck around, and sees a group of similarly strange adventurers gathered in a circle. He walks purposefully over to them, gathered persons dangling in the air behind him as if balloons on a string.

He throws them down at the feet of the gathered reincarnated souls. He looks each of the Personae in the eye, and then says purposefully: "My given name is Conor, and my surname hardly matters now. I know how these stormtroopers got here, but not why. Does anyone actually know what is going on here. And, do they have any information that wasn't gleaned off that Mr. Light guy? I don't trust him. It. Thing."

Anyone who takes care to glance at him notices a few lightsabers hanging from his belt, as well as the rifles of the troopers slung on his back, in addition to the green surcoat over ceramic scale-mail. Someone who takes greater care in looking might notice that his arms are very finely constructed robotics.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

13. - Top - End - #73

Zombie

"If you can find a living one I can give you all the information you need. Doesn't matter what state they're in, unconscious, coma, last breath." Came the voice of ZEUS from Necron's throat

Sorry everyone

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

UNSC

The UNSC soldiers are currently holding a meeting informing the Personae of important events and information. Apparently, the Covenant has been battered, beaten and bruised in wars and is in hiding. However, mysterious forces have empowered the last hidden remaining strong-holds of the faction and the Covenant has given the UNSC a deadline before they wipe the UNSC from the Galaxy. The UNSC have identified the weapons and power-sources newly given to the Covenant as something called "Species 8472" technology.
    The United Federation of Planets, from another universe had informed them of this, and had noted that the same species had grown immensely powerful in their's. Various other factions had formed an alliance between themselves from other universes in order to fight against not only their common enemies but in order to prepare for the Last Battle.

15. - Top - End - #75

Morcleon sighed. "As of now, all of the information we have is from Light. There hasn't been enough time to gather our own data."

"We're also going to need some backup firepower. We may all be powerful, but even we cannot stand against the armies of worlds and planets." He glanced around the group, taking in the six others who were to be his allies. "I can get us a decent starting fleet, but I think that we should gather more allies. If the enemy has the Sith and the Covenant and other such beings, logic states that other entities from formerly 'fictional' stories exist as well. My first choice for this is Fleetmind, otherwise known as Petey."

He pulled out a battered-looking iPhone 10HS, quickly flicking through the holonet to the desired page. Placing it on the floor, he displayed an article floating in the air. "This is the largest interstellar fleet that can be relatively easily convinced to help us. I hope."
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

"Actually....um....I can fight on that kind of scale. Theoretically. But without the proper resources it'd take a bit to work up to, and anyway I'd rather save that as a last resort.

"As to contacts....the Investigation Group are all powerful fighters and mages. There aren't many of them, but they've fought through hell before. Snake....might be willing to help. It's their leader that's important; she's an excellent leader and fighter. But I don't know that she'd listen. There are a few mages, Heroes, and other beings that might help, but most of them suffer from one of the above issues (though some'd be real boons). But there's also NERV. They've fought abominations like this many times, and won. Given proper support, they could be a real asset. They also have access to those "proper resources" I mentioned earlier.

"And incidentally, I hate to burst your bubble, but we aren't likely to get any really worthwhile information from these guys. They're here for the same reason the UNSC is here, not to mention us: 'cause some higher dimensional being(s) sent them here. They probably know even less than we do."
    Last edited by AkaiNeko; 2012-07-12 at 02:49 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Umm, these four are alive. The three helmeted ones tackled me while I was looking into the memories of the fourth. I'm keeping them unconscious for now, but you can interrogate them if you wish. But, uh, keep it civil, okay? From the memories of the fourth one, these guys are just soldiers. They, uh, were all just soldiers". He says this last staring pointedly at the body bags being brought into the facility in a steady stream. "Everyone has a time and a place to die, I guess".

"But now, right now", he begins again, "we need to get...stuff. I think each of our reincarnations has some kind of help they can provide, whether it is a force or an artifact. You (gesturing to Morcleon) say you can get the fleetmind, which sounds good for starters. The UNSC is already here. And, if someone would be willing to accompany me, I could get the Black Queen's ring from one of my past live's world. Most of its lesser powers would remain locked to humans like us, but I could access the Red Miles, a kind of superweapon capable of ripping apart entire planets, devouring them like a giant cancer." Conor looks away after saying this, as if distracted.

"And, has anyone actually considered how wacky this is? Like, this right here? I don't know who you people are, but I know I'm FREAKING SIXTEEN! I got my first job two days ago! I still don't know what I want to study in college! I killed FOUR PEOPLE just now. Or, one of my past lives did, but does it matter?" He begins to get a little hysterical, but then appears to calm down again.

He turns quickly and walks away looking embarrassed, muttering something like an apology as he wanders elsewhere.
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-07-12 at 10:55 PM.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

18. - Top - End - #78

Zombie

"Wait, don't kill them? Whoops." Came the masked voice of a stormtrooper, before he clutches his head. (Insert GM fluff here)
    "Ow, I have to get used to that. Still atleast it's quieter in here than before. Seriously, have you ever heard a thousand people screaming inside your head. Not fun."

The trooper is wrapped in a blackish-purple wave and Necron reforms

'I can't believe you just killed him!'
    'Would you rather set Tom and his "Investigation" skills on him? I don't keep prisoners and you know it!'

Sorry everyone

19. - Top - End - #79

Morcleon retrieved his device, pocketing it. He sighed. "I agree, it is a little strange. But I suppose we will have to deal with it as best we can. Those soldiers knew the risks of combat. And now we do too." His face takes on a wan smile and his voice takes on a dramatic tone. "Because of we fail, life as we know it shall cease to exist. But let's not get too caught up and worried about that, shall we? Just take things calmly."

"... you remind me of Vader, with his love for the dramatic. Did he really say to his son 'Luke, I am your father'?"

"Actually, the quote is 'No, I am your father.'"

"Ah, touché."

Straightening up, Morcleon stretches before staring up at one of the portals out of Sigil. "Of course, before we can actually do anything, we have to exit this city."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

"Wait, what? No, I thought we were supposed to stay in the city, remember? That's why teh Lady sealed it off: So we can search a more controlled environment. Supposedly. Also? Please don't kill/eat/torture/anything comparable to the above said actions anyone unless you need to, guys. I'd be morally obligated to step in." She looked at Necron, or more precisely, Zeus, specifically. "Also? Billions."

21. - Top - End - #81

Zombie

"It's what I do. It was literally my first action as a sentient being. besides, it's not like he felt anything and he lives on yammering inside my head. And affecting my personality so he is't completely gone." ZEUS shrugs

Sorry everyone

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacob
    "I hate to chime in but, wasn't there a temple of Tharizdun or something like that that we needed to get in and investigate? It's been a while since we were informed about The Lady's suspicions of that place. I suggest we get to the Temple as quickly as possible and find out whatever the hell we need so we can leave this area. It makes a good headqaurters but not such a good home."

23. - Top - End - #83

Erik spoke with Aleandrea's Voice.

"That is an understatement.... If my few memories of Sigil, from my masters darn movements, are true, I can find that temple quickly, and find a useful portal out of here...."
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"It's not so much a portal we need to find, it's appeasing the Lady of Sigil in order to use any portal on our way out of here, remember?" Jake responded. The group soon found maps to the Temple in their rooms and areas. They were easily able to find Tharizdun's Temple within three hours.

Meanwhile in Tharizdun's Temple:

This isn't a good thing. The voice ominiously said, displeased. "They are already here. A great battle has erupted between the invaders and defenders. It appears the defenders sustained minimal losses, and the vast lion's share of casualties were from our side. We're going to have to deal with these outsiders very carefully. In the meantime we have to consider proper counter-attacks against the enemy presence in Sigil. The Lady has already been alerted, but remember, we have certain measures that can keep the Lady sealed and bound while we have our way with the Great City."
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2012-07-13 at 09:12 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

Zombie

"Then we should hurry. This world isn't going to save itself. But first, anyone got a wand? I'm feeling a bit naked without atleast my phoenix core."

Sorry everyone

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"I've got a Wand of WWhite -I mean White- Science. Err, it wouldn't actually work as a wand from the Rowling novels though, it just blows things up in spectacular fashion. But given that you have a wizard in there, I bet you have the Strife Specibus to use it. So, uh, here"

Conor, as he walks, hands -Necron? ZEUS? 4Soulsandaperson Mcdude?- the Wand.

"Careful with that thing, it could blow a hole the size of a chimney through just about whatever you point it at."

He stares up at the temple. Huge uninviting iron gates look rather unfriendly and also uninviting. Conor sighs, rattles the gates once, and then bellows: "HELLO? ANYONE?"
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-07-13 at 09:59 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Oh, Dear. This Amateur Coalition Of Blowhards Should Be Easy"
    Strange voices can be heard behind the gates. Immediately the door swings open, and a group of six Pit Fiends charge the assembly of Personae as a blitzkrieg. These Pit Fiends are hideous creatures. . . deformed abberations and quite powerful. One of them would be no match for some, perhaps many of these Personae, but six could pose a problem if they made a mistake.

28. - Top - End - #88

Zombie

The wand is pulled into ZEUS who grins ferally.
    "Looks like a few hunters come out to play."

He seems to blur slightly from speed as he jumps straight up and then propels from something in midair, slamming his knee into the leading Pit Fiend, before bringing up a blade in a series of frenzied slashings. Then before the Fiend could react he was gone, flipping over the lot and landing on the wall, forming a giant whip and bringing it slashing through the monsters.
    "I was built to take monsters like you down. Did you really expect to be a threat?" He mocks

Sorry everyone

29. - Top - End - #89

In an instant, an internal conversation went on inside Erik, and images flashed in front of the minds eye of the bodies many souls.

'Shall we Sparten?"
    'Let's go.'
    'Obviously I am the only one who doesn't think this is nuts.'
    'Not the only, you two are absolutly-'.
    'Quiet, I need to enchant'.
    Erik just smiled.

And he then became a blur of speed, charging towards the demons, with foul words of the tounges of both Fey and Demon, Erik spoke, charging the nearest pit-fiend.

He thundered into a fiend, with the wieght and speed of a car travelling at 60km an hour, but that was not the true force of his attack, as his hands thudded into the fiends flesh, the first things to contact, as incantations activate-

Spoiler
    Show

(One of those demons should be teleported straight to hell, as per Damnation. (NWN2 Spell). Or it's dazed for a minute.)
    Show

Life is Hectic.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Conor is taken aback. "What the hell? This is Sigil! A place of peace between beings!"

Knowing nothing else to do, he takes a few steps backwards, and reaches for the Wand... Before realizing that he gave his greatest weapon to someone who is kicking in the teeth of Pit Fiends in melee. He curses the demon's mothers.

Instead of the Wand, he draws Nehima, symbols flashing down the blade, unreadable to anyone except the wielder and the victim. The Pit Fiends do not know of Nehima now, but when this battle is over, they will never forget it. One of the Pit Fiends that isn't engaged with the other guys strides up, looking almost casual at speeds close to 30 miles an hour. Conor grips the now glittering sword tighter, as adrenaline fills him with the sight of the beast, and the rushing of blood in his ears. He feels his past self's fighting expertise and memories fill him to the brim, and as he starts to ready his sword, he begins to tell the Pit Fiend of Nehima, so that it would be Remembered in earnest.

"Do you know this sword, great Demon? (It stalks closer. Nehima is still held low to one side of Conor's waist) This sword is Nehima. It was seen by the Clayr, who see all futures, and so the Wallmakers made it with their great skill, and passed it on to the Royal Family. And it was one of their greatest blades. (The Pit Fiend tries an experimental slash, but finds itself parried almost immediately by Conor's enhanced speed and skill) It's original inscription told that story, until it passed into the hands of the Abhorsen. (The Pit Fiend now tries howling billowing flame into Conor from a safe distance, but between the enhancements on the sword, his armor, and his prostheses, he is unharmed) The Abhorsens kept it, slowly augmenting its enhancements to the point where it passed into legend. (The Pit Fiend circles, warily. The others cannot help it. they are rather engaged) But legends fade, and Nehima was forgotten by all, save a few. (They stare at each other) Lirael, daughter of Terciel, Abhorsen and Clayr by birth, offspring of both Death and Sight, found it. (Conor sees its muscles tense, magic tightening them beyond even their original superhuman strength and speed. He would have less than a second once it pounced, but that would hopefully be enough) She, the last Remembrancer, caught it from the mists of the past and breathed new death into it, in the form of the Panpipes, lesser versions of the bells that now hang on my side. The sword was changed that day, changed so that it will never be forgotten again. (The muscles were done tightening, and now the moment seemed taut, like a clothesline stretched a mite too far...) The last Remembrancer imbued it with such power, that its inscription changed permanently. It no longer tells a story. It simply reads- (The lunge. A quickening snap of muscle, sinew, grace and perfect destruction in claws, teeth, and horns. The sword, in an equally simple and graceful arc. is brought to an upwards position) -REMEMBER NEHIMA!

BOOM! White sparks fly in the wake of the swordstroke, hitting the beast and carving through as if the Fiend was only imaginary. The only clue that the Fiend was hit at all was the thunderclap accompanying the slash, and the fact that the fiend collapsed to the ground yards behind Conor, its smoking carcass stinking like sulfur. His armor, made of a special porcelain, managed to transfer the force of the deadly claws into kinetic energy, throwing Conor backwards as well, to tumble next to it in a great heap.
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-07-13 at 11:43 PM.