New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

The Silent One
    Alexander hears nothing except a voice in his mind, subtle, and very oddly different, it wasn't telepathy, it was more like a spiritual voice inside his mind. "Read the walls of this place. The Fiends had been protecting the place from the virtueous or at least the trouble makers."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

At the spirit voice's insistence, Alexander begins to actually examine his surroundings. Taking in the weathered stone and trying to decipher the carvings, the telepath nods slowly. He is pleasantly surprised to receive a cogent answer from the Spirit.
    So, any directions you can give us, then?
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-07-22 at 08:36 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Spirit
    "You should all be able to decipher the writings in this place, being as Personae. That is all I am to say to you, Alexander." The Spirit then goes silent, and vanishes totally.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

Erik finally opened his eyes after taking his handful from the water.
    "I could have used some sort of warning. At least, not a cryptic warning."
    [COLOR="Red"]"You heard Farseer Eldrad's to spend the last-"
    "1 minute 03 seconds."
    "Settling a madman in my head."
    'I'm not nuts. This is nuts, a crazy idea-'
    'Glad to know someone noticed.'
    'Good thing I'm trained in crazy.'
    'And to think, I used to be insulted by the word 'Mad'.'
    'Oh quiet. Lets get this done with.'
    "Agreed, six people bouncing around here is quite enough."

Erik's words seemed rather random, as only he and Phage could be heared out loud. He then proceded to look at the inscriptions that where indicated by the spirit.

Spoiler
    Show
    This colour is for Deadpool.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Sacred Texts
    You make out several words. Unfortunately it seems like you aren't able to understand everything, but based on the Spirit's words, you seem to think he meant you could understand everything you needed to. You make out sentences eventually, and paragraphs after a few minutes.

"The Fiends From The Hell."
    Seem to tell of a story of celestials and a group of strange celestials called "Angels' from "Sanctuary" doing battle against demons and devils. The war made it to this part of the Multiverse before even The Lady was here, and eventually, the Angels and Celestials fought and sealed many powerful devils and demons, who would usually be at war with eachother, underneath the Temple. Tharizdun was found the very bottom layer of this area, and the demons and devils have been chipping away at his Seal with ritual and spells for countless millenia."

6. - Top - End - #156

Using the inhelmet Camera, Erik creates a recording of the writings, speaking a translation as he reads.

"So one Tharizdun has been released, and it looks like more are going to be... Let's hope again this is a hallucination or I'm going without dinner..."
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Bored of simply waiting around for the other Personae to get to their bearings, Alexander dives inward, allowing the natural highways of his mind to take him where they will. He finds himself in a grand hall. The half light casts dozens of shadows across the metal and stained glass. Ahead of him, he can see a small cottage, strangely out of place amongst the grandeur of the palace.
    Kredik Shaw: home of the Tyrant. I know this place, but I have to speculate as to why I brought myself here.
    The door of the cottage opens, revealing a man. He is ancient, his clothing threadbare an rustic in fashion. On his arms are a pair of metal bracers, and his expression is a mixture of sad resignation and indolent fury.
    "Why have you have come back here? I thought you only wanted my powers."
    "Honestly Rashek, I have no idea. Boredom, I suppose." Rashek, the former Lord Ruler of Scariel as well as master Allomancer and Feruchemist, visibly deflates.
    "Come on in, then. I'll brew a pot of Terris tea, if you like."
    "That would be lovely, thank you." Alexander follows Rashek inside, closing the door behind him. Inside is just as he remembers, quiet, simple, unadorned. A mirror hangs from the far wall, and the table is empty. Rashek sets about putting a kettle on the far stove. As he does so, Alexander stares at his own reflection.
    "You know," says the Terrisman from across the room, "the more indifferent people are to politics, to the interests of others, the more obsessed they become with their own faces. The individualism of our own time. Trust me, after nearly a millennia spent practically alone, this is an inevitability."
    "Individualism? What does it have to do with individualism when a camera takes your picture in a moment of agony or intimacy? Oh, a camera is a device that allows one to capture perfect images. Try to keep up. In such scenarios, it means that an individual no longer belongs to himself but becomes the property of others. You know, I remember my childhood: in those days, if someone wanted your picture, they asked you for it. And then one day they stopped asking. The moral right of the camera became elevated above all other rights, and that changed everything, absolutely everything." The tea had brewed now, and poured into twin ceramic cups. Alexander sits across from Rashek: the better to converse with him. Rashek has no initial response, so he continues.
    "If you put the pictures of two different faces side by side, your eye is struck by something that makes one different from the other. But if you have two hundred and twenty three faces, there is a sudden realization that it's all just one face in many variations and that no such thing as an individual ever existed at all." He laughs: an awful sound. The Terrisman only arches an eyebrow.
    "Your face is unlike any other. Moreover, as a shapeshifter, you can change your outward appearance to match your sense of self. You know who is behind your face." Alexander simply shakes his head, pressing on with his argument.
    "Just imagine, for a moment, living in a world without mirrors. You would dream about your face and imagine it as an outer reflection of what is inside you, your soul, if you will. And then, once you had reached a hundred, someone put a mirror before you for the first time in your life. Imagine your terror! You would be seeing the face of a stranger. Then, finally, you would know quite clearly what you had been previously unable to grasp: your face is not you." Simultaneously satisfied and unsettled with his conclusion, Alexander sits back, taking a long draught of the tea. It scalds his throat, burning him from the inside. However, the pain is minimal and soon begins to dissipate, his healing factor repairing the soft tissue in a matter of moments. He stands up abruptly.
    "Thank you Rashek. I promise I will come by soon, so we can have another chat." That said, Alexander hurls himself once again through his mind, returning to the surface. The whole process takes less than a minute, leaving Alexander standing where he was only precious moments ago.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-07-23 at 06:54 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Rob, we got someone new.
    Sounds good. Who? Wait, what am I even saying? Who are you? Rob thought to himself. Turning around, (in his mind, of course,) he surveyed the scene in front of him. A plain room extended from where he sat, a uniform white color with perfectly even lighting. It almost appeared as though he was in an infinite space, but he could just make out the contours of the room. He was sitting in an office chair, one of the spinny kind with little wheels on the bottom. Before now, he had been focused on a simple screen sitting at a desk, through which he was controlling himself. As he turned, taking in the people standing in the room with him, he let out a low whistle. He recognized each in turn: Urza Planeswalker; Elodin, Master Namer; Evangeline AK McDowell; Bowman Hath; and Yuki Nagato. The last appeared to be the newcomer.She gave a slight bow, before pulling a chair seemingly from nowhere and sitting down at the back of the room near Bowman. Hath was sitting on the floor, eyes closed, seemingly in contemplation of something. Urza stood nearer, holding a small slate tablet with which he was amusing himself. Eva stood a foot or two away, staring at Elodin, who in turn stood returning the stare with a stereotypical insane look on his face.
    Noticing his gaze, each turned to Rob.
    So what shall we do now? he asked. Eva spoke up first:
    We are strong enough to hold our own. We should introduce ourselves to the others.
    Seems sensible. noted Urza. We could stand to see what they're capable of.

Alright, makes sense. agreed Rob. Anything to add, you two? This was directed at Bowman and Yuki. He got silence and a blank stare, respectively, in return. Bowman he expected this from (the poor guy had gone through a lot,) but not Yuki... Something occurred to him. He turned to Yuki.
    You can speak English, right? Silence. Well, then. Can anyone speak Japanese? Silence again. Oh no... Looked like watching subs had a downside too.
    He turned back to Elodin, who seemed to be doing his best to irritate Eva. He was succeeding, if Rob was any judge.
    You have anything to add, Elodin? The namer turned his attention away from the mage for a second.
    Oh, I agree with Urza. We should get to know our new comrades, don't you think? With this, he returned to Eva.
    Alright, then. We have a plan.
    He sat back in his chair, spinning it around, and focusing once again on reality. A new icon had appeared on his field of view, with a tag attached labeled 'from Urza :)'. When he selected it, an extensive list of illusionary options unfolded. Grinning, he let his current disguise fall. Striding forward into the fountain chamber, he addressed the other Personae: "How are you gentlemen? All your base are belong to u- I mean, Nice to meet you! Sorry I'm late, what've I missed?"
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-07-23 at 06:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

The first thought to enter Alexander's consciousness after he resurfaced to this reality was simple, biological:
    What is there to eat? I'm starving. The second, however, was rather more relevant to the situation at hand.
    Who is this? It would seem that he is the Persona from outside, who was pretending to be a janitor. The telepathic signature remains the same, after all. But I will be the first to admit that I cannot comprehend his motives. Why has he chosen to reveal himself now, when he has volunteered so much effort into keeping his presence a secret? Whatever the answers are, Alexander resolves himself to discover what they are. He finds himself examining the stranger, trying to decipher what kind of powers he might have at his disposal, and ultimately coming up with very little beyond the fact that this Persona was clearly bordering on insane, more so than any of the others he had encountered. There were several explanations for this particular phenomenon. The first was that this Persona did not posess the required strength of will to keep his various Incarnations in check. The second theory (more likely, given his potent disguise or illusion magic that he had displayed earlier) was simply that the majority of his Incarnations were unstable, in ways that Alexander had not yet fully encountered. In either case, it would only be rude to leave the man simply waiting for a response.
    "You have not missed overmuch, I'm afraid. My name is Alexander Idrian, and these are my new companions, the Personae of Sigil. And you are... ?"
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-07-23 at 09:56 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Conor, following the suit of some of the others, take the moment for a little conference in his mind. He sits on the ground cross-legged, eyes closed, palms outstretched, as if he was meditating or praying. He then consults himself for advice.

Okay,-
    Okay wwhat, jackass?
    I was just about to say! Also, you know I'm you, right?
    wwhatevver
    Indeed. "Wwhatevver". I'm calling this meeting to discuss...things.
    Like what, pray tell?
    Basically, how does everyone feel, with everything going on?
    I feel...calm. But also excited. This is the most energizing thing that's happened to me since I left Rapture. I will lend you my power, and it is quite substantial, if I may fluff my feathers a bit, in the presence of other powerful beings.
    I feel comfortable, given the situation. I have faced death many times before. I have even walked in its waters. In fact, I walked in its waters for the "last" time, not too long ago as I remember it.
    I think I'm beginning to get a hang of these arms. Apparently I designed them, because all over there are these helpful little clues, like it was built to be studied by me. I'm already unlocking the potential of the arm's bio-locking technique. The plasmid enhancements from the ADAM should be able to work through them, given a bit of time. The lightning one already can, of course. Speaking of ADAM, I'd like to get back to our base sometime soon so I can study the substance in detail, I really think-
    -She's clearly fine. And improvving your limbs, wwhich is good. Wwhat wwe need to do next is collect as many tools as possible. Stuff that other people havve, that wwe can also use. Let's get some of spider-guy's wwebs, and get anyone else who can use "magic" (wwhich I guess is real in this wweird univverse) to enchant your sword further. That thing needs to havve the force of a wwrecking ball by the time we hit more enemies. The WWand can only get you so far on it's owwn, until wwe can get it to an Alchemizer to improvve it further. Wwe could also alchemize it wwith your swword, and THAT I wwould pay to see swwing/blast. Anywways, let's get movving.
    Eridan, I...
    Shut up and start asking for stuff wwe can use, moron!

Conor, sheepishly, gets up from his sitting position. He asks Tristan, "Do you suppose I could borrow a length of your webbing? It might come to some use for me as a rope."
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

"Rob, Persona of Somewhere Else. Very pleased to make your acquaintance." replies Rob, striding over to Idrian and shaking his hand. "I'm afraid that I only caught a replay of your meeting with Light, as I was running a bit late. Errors, cats... you know how it is."

I don't trust him.
    Agreed. He has that look on his face. In his eyes.
    A prophet, perhaps?
    A mind reader?
    A namer?
    Best we keep him on edge. Throw him things that aren't us. Take a new form, for a start.
    An illusion, I suppose. Sounds good.

Rob's form flickers, shifting. It is, of course, an illusion. His shape resolves into a much changed version of himself. His hair lengthens, turning from its normal white-blond to a deep black. His form becomes more thin. A spiked black tattoo appears around one eye. His clothes change, becoming a variety of black layers with thin white trim. Functional, but elegant.

Your design, I assume, Eva?
    Yes. What, it looks nice! The vampire-mage turns, looking at the other incarnations. Now, something to make your thoughts even harder to read. Not that you really need it...
    I may be able to help. It was Yuki who spoke up. Strangely, the words did not seem to come from her, but from the space next to her. Urza coughed, drawing Rob's attention.
    I seem to have found a useful piece of artifice called 'Google Translate'. I rigged up a temporary fix for our new friend here.
    Yuki stepped forward, gently pushing Rob aside and taking a seat at the screen.
    Hmn, yes, that should do. Her thought process should be sufficiently alien to keep us safe.
    Better yet... added Rob, reaching out and pulling a second screen from the air next to him. It was his own imagination, after all. Sitting down, he took general control, leaving the details up to Nagato. Two heads are better than one, right?
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-07-23 at 11:28 PM.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacob
    "I don't know about the rest of you, but I intend to investigate this matter now that we know of the threat we face below. Tharizdun is being released, and the seal on him has been weakening for millenia. I suggest that we get down there before the enemy sends hordes of bastard demons and devils out to us. We should be hunting inferior demon spawn, they have no right to be hunting us, or our brood." Zeus looks to the others in Jacob's spirit. Suddenly, Jacob's body changes from that of a dark figure of Ganon and transforms into a white togad young man with albino hair, with the Blade of Olympus in his right hand.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Golden King

'When we get done here and have a bit of time, I think that it would be a good idea to go for a bit of a demonstration of powers. At the moment I don't have that much of an idea of what your powers are.'

'Stop talking and pay attention. You've been standing here for five minutes saying absolutely nothing and staring at a wall without seeing it.'

'What, again? How much did I miss?'

'There was a sanctuary spirit here, but it's left while you were spacing off. It wanted us all to drink from that well over there.'

'I'm guessing that we're the only ones to not have done so thus far?'

'Pretty much, yes. There also appears to be some writings on that wall you were staring at. I've no idea what they say, however.'

'The temple rests atop innumerable sealed demons, devils, and daemons. Tharizdun is sealed at the very bottom. I'm guessing that the pit fiends that assailed you just before I joined were from that pit of sealed entities.'

'Thank you.'

Having been apprised of the situation by those with better attention spans than he, William moves to the basin and drinks lightly of it.

'Welcome, to this crowded little mind.'

'Ah, it's good to be back!'

'Hmmm...Gilgamesh, is it?'

'Yeah, you have a grudge from somewhere? I don't recognize you.'

'Right. I suppose introductions are in order. I am William, human computer programmer and general layabout. Age: 29'

'Fujiwara no Mokou, human, and the owner of a Yakkitori stand within the Bamboo Forest of the Lost. Age: somewhere around 1500. I forget the exact number...'

'Sousuke Aizen, shinigami and captain of the fifth squad. Age: Somewhere in my second millenium.'

'Orochimaru, post-human, and a ninja of fairly great skill, if I may brag. Age: 54.'

'I've been known by a few names, mostly as the Lifemaker. Age: somewhere around three millenia.'

'I guess that this isn't such low company after all. There seems to be quite a bit being held back, though.

Anyway, I am Gilgamesh, the King of Heroes. Two-thirds god, and my age hardly matters!
    '

'Cheerful, aren't you? And two-thirds god...how does that work? Anyway, it's good to have you here. I'll go ahead and offer you the same pact as the others:

We work together and support each other. As the one whose body this is, I'll maintain control save in extreme situations where control will be delegated. Since the vote currently stands 4-1 in favor of conquering this world, we'll proceed to that after we have saved it from the threats presently facing it.

Would you agree to this?'

'Hah, is that all? Sure, I'll help a little.'

"Integration complete. I'll take point this time."

Perhaps only to cover for his earlier lapse of awareness, William began quickly moving forward, apparently with no regard for traps.

'That water gave a boost to my integration. My first phase is already completed.'

'After only an hour? Impressive. I believe that it is Mokou's turn next, then the Lifemaker, then Gilgamesh.'

'Alright, then. Until I finish integration, you'll have a limited number of times that you can come back. I wouldn't recommend get killed much more than once a day for now.'

'Right.'

'What are you talking about? When you get killed, you die! What do you mean no more than once per day?'

'Ignorant people like you are why I opened my stand in the Bamboo Forest...I'm immortal by virtue of drinking three doses of the Hourai Elixer. I just pop back into existence a few seconds after being killed.'

'By Ea, that is madness!'

14. - Top - End - #164
    Halfling in the Playground

Tristan watched as a newcomer entered the treasure room, wondering if he was the same person as the janitor who just sauntered through, filling a pail from the Well of Souls. He had found that... delightfully irreverent, and decided to keep an eye on him. As he leaned against the fountain, he crossed his arms, closed his eyes, and Listened. To anyone else it might look like he was having a discussion with his incarnations, but his attention was focused across the room, as the stranger introduced himself to Alexander.

"So his name's Rob... where did he say he was from?"

"Somewhere."

"Well yes, but where?"

"I do not know. Everyone's from somewhere. But he could be from anywhere."

"If everyone's from Somewhere, how could anyone be from Anywhere?"

"You've got it all wrong. Rob is from Somewhere, Anyone is from Somewhere Else."

"I am so confused..."

"You are not alone in this, High Summoner."

He was chuckling silently to himself when he realized someone was trying to get his attention. "...length of your webbing? It might come to some use for me as a rope." He opened his eyes to see Conor standing in front of him. He blinked a few times before shaking himself out of his own inner "Who's on First?" bit.

"Absolutely, no problem. I've got loads of the stuff, and I can easily make more."

He discharged about ten feet of webbing, being careful to not get it too tangled, and handed it to Conor as he went back to Listening.

"Did he just say something about cats...?"

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Alexander's smile falters slightly as Rob's hand touches his.
    Oh, right. I'd actually forgotten about this particular power.
    His empathic ability floods his consciousness with Rob's emotions, thoughts, hopes, dreams, and personality details. The Intuitive Aptitude takes care of the rest, and after a moment, a Name slides into the forefront of Alexander's waking mind. He allows it to slip away down the cracks of his sleeping mind, as Names are wont to do. No matter, hopefully Alexander wouldn't need it.
    So it is illusion magic. Definitely a sorcerer of some sort. There is more, much more. There is a great power within him, something called a 'Spark'. Oh, and look! A fellow Namer. Well, he would be amusing to have around. However, Alexander still finds himself somewhat unsettled at the... unconventional nature of Rob's psyche. His Incarnations are extremely unstable, for one. And then there is the overall unhealthy interest in cats.
    They are only animals, after all. Flesh and bone. They die as easily as normal humans. He shakes his head slightly. Analyzing Rob's psyche, while fun, was hardly pertinent to the situation at hand.
    "Well then, there is little time to waste then. Lead on, Jacob."
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-07-29 at 07:19 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

16. - Top - End - #166

Jaime wanders into the fountain room, slowly turning a circle to view all of the carvings. "I missed something important, didn't I," he mutters to himself, approaching the group, "And furthermore, do any of you recognize these people?"
    I'm not sure of their names, but I recognize a former friend on mines force signature.
    Thanks. Anyone in here recognize the language on the wall?
    No, but I expect it has something to go with either demons or devils, and the big bad that we have to defeat.
    Why? Actually, never mind that, there were pit fiend corpses around the entrance, weren't there. I'm surfacing now to introduce myself and seem less crazy. "Hi there." he says, approaching the group as he finishes buckling on his sword belt, "I take it you're all the rest of the Personaes of Sigil the people in my brain were talking about. I'm Jaime."
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

He is accessing the local data for this area.
    I knew it.
    A psyker?
    Something like that. Yuki, can you do anything about it?
    I will encrypt the relevant data. He will not be able to access it again. I will also add a obfuscated layer to our outward controls. I will run it using random keys, swapping every 0.05 milleseconds. This should prevent our overall nature from remaining static, and keep us from being readable.
    Am I correct in thinking that this will keep us from retaining any true name for more than... What was it, 0.05 milleseconds?
    Yes.
    Perfect. Hey Yuki, could you read the local data for him?
    Yes. It would take some time to decode. Assuming you want it in a form master Elodin can understand, it would take upwards of 30 minutes to run the appropriate subroutines.
    Damn. Urza, you think you could write an agent to act as an assistant to Yuki and run subroutines for her while she focuses on control?
    Sure, just give me a few.seconds first. I'm learning about something called C++.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Halfling in the Playground

Since the conversation on the other side of the room seems to have dwindled into silence for a moment, Tristan opens his eyes when Jaime entered the room and introduced himself. He walks over and extends his hand in greeting.
    "Hi Jaime, I'm Tristan. Looks like you've been drafted into our little army as well. I'm terrible at self introductions, so I'll just say that if you need elemental magic, healing, or inhuman speed or strength, I'm your guy. I'll let the others introduce themselves because I don't think I even know everyone's names, and I'm sure some of their powers are beyond my comprehension."
    You sound like you're welcoming him to a health spa. You gonna offer to show him to his room, next? In any case, it's probably best that you didn't tell him too much about what we can dish out.
    Yeah, somethin' ain't right about Rob and Alex over there. Let's hold back until we find out more about everyone else.
    This seems like sound strategic advice. I still don't fully trust these strangers. Besides, we can't access our true combined power without practice and time.
    Kid, you stopped talking ten seconds ago, and you're still holding his hand. The new guy probably thinks you're crazy.
    Tristan shook his head and quickly dropped Jaime's hand with an awkward smile.
    "Sorry about that, zoned out a bit. It's been a pretty long day. You ever get that feeling that you're going crazy? Anyway, I think we're getting ready to head downstairs soon, so I'd suggest you get ready for trouble."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Secure in his knowledge that Rob will leave him alone for the time being, Alexander turns to introduce himself to Jaime.
    "You came at an opportune time, actually. We were about to vanquish a great evil, or some such. My name is Alexander. I specialize in in mental manipulation and control, but I also have numerous support abilities." His smile no longer extends to his eyes, but his bearing conveys no threat.
    "Shall we continue?" He begins to proceed further into the temple, looking for a stairwell or passage downwards.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

20. - Top - End - #170

"Agreed. I've the writings recorded and... Well to say I won't need sleep for a couple of days is a complete understatement... Staying around here would just be a waste of time unless the spirit returned."

Meanwhile, some of the other minds were bouncing around in Erik's head, talking amoungst themselves.

'I would suspect that such an item would be in the satchel.'
    'Well then, that grants short range-'
    'I'll grab that out now.'
    'But you have no psychic powers?'
    'Yes, however-'
    'So I wont need to put as much energy into it. We'll let you talk to 117, let us keep talking about the magical department.'
    'Abupt.'
    'She is that. It's almost like she has the space elf theme down pat.'
    'Ha!'
    'Oh quite you two.'
    'Yes, before I have to side with the space elf.'
    To say his mind laughed a little after that statement would be true.

Absent mindedly, Erik drew a small device from the bag of holding, looking at it he attached it to the same point as the bag, moving them around a little so they both remained attached.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Conor, leaving his other selves to their various integration attempts and ignoring Eridan's advice for now, wraps the webbing around his wrist as a kind of weird bracer, before following and assisting Alexander. As they both look for passages that travel downward, Conor introduces himself.

"Hey, I was a little "out of it" before, but its nice to meet you. My name is Conor, and I won't worry you with names that I've had previously."

They find the stairs, and walk down them.

He extends a hand made of metal and plastic, as he steps down the bottom stair. But Alex isn't looking at him. Hand still extended, he looks ahead of him, and sees the second level.

"Oh. Well, then."
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-07-24 at 08:34 PM.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Second Level
    Strange voices and noises, the sound of screams and whimpers of terror are on this level. It's soon apparent that both Baatazu, Abyssal, and even other kind of fiends are swarming the entire level like maggots on soggy bread. There aren't many actual Pit Fiends of Balor levels that any of you can see though. However, as soon as the entire group make their way to the bottom level, they are swarmed by a small army of hundreds of lesser fiends. Snotspills, impish monsters and others are now hurdling towards eachother's falling bodies to find new, freshmeat that has found their way to their layer.

23. - Top - End - #173

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Just a horde of low-rankers? How disappointing.

Formation of -"

'Using that technique will probably see you almost without chakra for a while.'

'Won't it regenerate?'

'After about six hours, yes.'

"Alright, forget that one. Swordswork it is.

Earth Release: Stone Clone!"

A copy of William is quickly built of stone. Both the clone and the original draw their blades and begin to move, liberally applying the swords to kill the opponents which stand in their way.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Alexander pays no mind to the Fiends directly in front of him. Instead, he is cataloging the principles of alchemy, learned over centuries of practice. The power rush is intoxicating, and as such he pays no initial heed to Conor's offer of greeting. All the while, his telepathic mind shielding is active, so that there are no sensory traces of him to any sentient beings within range. The entire process takes but a few minutes: Alexander has to sort out Dante's most practical knowledge from the sentimental garbage.
    Now this is some useful material. Combined with Larasium and the appropriate emotional Allomancy... His smile returns in full force. For now, he had a much more pressing use for the gifts of alchemy. He claps his hands together, forming a circle with his body and pressing his left hand on his right arm. In a flash, he has transmuted the depleted steelmind into something far more dangerous: atium. He also transmutes one of his rings, before crushing it up into a thin powder and ingesting it. Alexander can feel the metal reserve within him now, joining the tin and pewter from earlier. After he is sure that he is ready, Alexander drops the mental cloak. He fills his atiummind with enough age to render him roughly ten years older, before beginning to burn his atium. Hundreds of illusory shadows move through the cavern, drawing out the future of the combat like a map inside his head. Alexander draws his sword, before wading into the combat.
    This is where the fun begins.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Burning atium allows a Mistborn to see several seconds into the future, showing the actions of all combatants. It makes the Mistborn near-invincible in close combat, as they know the perfect counter attacks to all moves their opponents will make. Compounding it (by combining it with Feruchemy) magnifies the power tenfold, allowing Alexander to see the entire combat before it happens. Right now, he will use this ability to avoid (or counterattack, if possible) individual threats against him.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-07-24 at 09:40 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

25. - Top - End - #175

'This would be the perfect time to attempt that seperate attack from the same thing.'
    'Yep. Idea, wouldn't be able to do it again for a while.'
    'Could use storm, weaker. Just own mind, let them use spear.'
    'Forming basic rune. You guys get right hand.'
    'Let's do this.'
    "Trying a co-ordinated, will fall back if neccesary!"

By this he ment, that he was letting the others parcel out their skills, instead of focusing on one area. Hopefully it will work...

One hand would work only due to the huge strength advantage of Deadpool, John and the Moinjir Armour, and even then, they kinda wished the staff was shorter... Perhaps they could fix it latter.

Erik charged in a blur of motion towards the demon horde, the Staff of ---- ((Inserting Latter, damn mind)) flicked, with each blow capable of peeling apart tanks with ease darted to slash individuals.

With the other hand, Using the runic knowledge of Alric, Aleandrea used her magic to create a rune of eldritch energy. This, Eldrad used as a focus, bringing her mind to complete and total calm, psychic energy billowed around the rune. And then, unusually, in a combination of both 'witches' magic, the hand flung the rune towards the densist pack of demons, and at once, a burst of pure eldritch energy bursted on the landing, and an even larger burst of psychic energy split a very specific barrier in a rather specific nature, and for a larger area than the eldritch burst, but not quite the entire room, a storm exploded into action. Lightning bursted and potent gusts of wind buffeted the demons, even as the psychic energy from the tear clawed at their minds.

((The Fluff and potency and exactly what happens with the 'psychic' storm varries between the varrious sources. I am unsure of wether the storm is supposed to be purely psychic and it moves things just from the psychic energy and is mostly in the mind, or whether it causes an actual storm, so I'm going with a combo, considering the power of Eldrad.))
    Show

Life is Hectic.

26. - Top - End - #176

Jaime pauses for a second when he sees the entirety of the army of monsters, and then breaks out into a huge smile. He laughs, and says "Man, this is going to be fun."
    Revan, can I use your lightning yet, and if so, how much control do you need?
    I should be able to. Give me your left hand and call targets as you see them.
    Howl, can you do any 'oh god, things are coming to kill me' style illusions yet? Mal, Shepard, which thing on your guns are the safety?
    Not yet, but give me time. When we've fully integrated I should be able to pull off ones good enough to fool you.
    Isn't one on mine, but Shepard here says it's on the left side of the trigger guard for the assault rifle.
    Sanya, I'm giving you control of my right hand once this breaks down into a melee. Until then, help Revan pick targets. Anything that looks strong enough that we wouldn't want to take it hand-to-hand at this point.
    Very well. I'll start improving your fencing while I'm at it.
    Thanks. Jaime feels his left hand being lifted to point towards the enemy forces, as well as a slight tingling sensation emanating down his arm as a web of purple lighting starts to form around it. Is this supposed to be happening?
    Something went a bit wrong. Still not used to this body, and I used more power than I should've. Perfectly fine, just means I might not be able to this for a while. Or you might die.
    Wait, what? I might diARGHH! A thick sheet of purple lighting spews out of his hand straight towards a group of monsters, with a couple strands going back into his body before arcing to the saber at his side, burning a hole in the scabbard in the process. Son of a b****, that hurt. Warn me before that happens next time, would you. Jaime straightens up, draws his rifle and starts taking potshots into the horde.
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2012-07-24 at 10:06 PM.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Conor, after the shock wears off, seizes the Wand on his belt. But then, pausing, he thinks about it.

Uh, what can we do?

Half-a-thousand devils of slime and flesh turn, various night-eyes and gelled hides flashing against the torchlight.

You have my lightning Plasmid, but it can only affect one enemy at a time without something to connect the circuit...
    Well-
    Use. The. Wwand. Jegus, do I have to say that louder? Your hands wwere right on it!
    Dude! Eridan! Shut up! Who else?
    Your arms have a lot of force. You could go hand to hand, if you, you know, already know how to do that...
    Use Belgaer. It is the Thinker, and it will still the rabble's thoughts.

And, as fiend and friend alike charged towards each other, Conor drew the large silver bell, which shivered with power in his hand. With careful movements, he removed his left hand from the clapper, hanging the bell exactly at the center, so that he did not ring it accidentally, because of what horrors would happen then...

And with a slow, careful motion, he drew the bell into a triangle, ringing it.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Rob falls in line after Adrian, walking along a respectful distance behind him.
    Bowman, could we get a shield? Sort of a bubble-type thing, perhaps.
    Yes. replied the young man, finally breaking his meditative pose.
    Do you think you could summon up a few glass vials of some sort, old man?
    Of course. This city provides us with plenty of colorless mana...
    Good. Hath, I don't suppose I could bother you to fill a few of these with some of the blood left by our enthusiastic new friend?
    All to easy.
    And Yuki. Somewhere to keep these?
    Done. A set of leather loops materialized on Rob's belt, into which the newly filled vials smoothly slipped.
    You know, I don't think we're really needed here.
    That's why we're waiting it out following this guy, Elodin.
    Could we maybe...
    No. No more cats. Bad namer. *thwack*
    Ow!
    Quiet down back there. You two are acting like ten-year-olds. Though I suppose we wouldn't be missed if we just slipped out an- *thwackthwackthwack*
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

29. - Top - End - #179

Zombie

Necron simply smiles as the horde go straight through him before returning to both visibility and tangibility and switching out to Jarez.

His double-bladed red saber glows with malice as it expertly cuts through the pitiful demonic horde he found himself in the middle of.

Suddenly he performed a double-take as Revan unleashed the Force lightning.
    A jump later he was next to his former commander
    "Revan? My old friend is that you? I recognized the force signature of that blast, though you would do not to overcharge the power. That was Alek's mistake not yours."

(OOC: What is Revan's real name? Revan is a shorten of Revanchist which is the title he gave himself. Alek becomes Malek for anyone who doesn't know)
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Zeus/Jacob
    The Greek-Godlike-Sorcerer-Quasi-Divine-Emperor-BloodMage-Eldergodish man stood with a proud chest against the dark enemy armies of lesser demons. He unleashed a massive storm of lightning bolts against the impish monsters, sure it would destroy all targets in his range. Some of them were clearly only counting to kill their victims in melee, since they were so sure that over-whelming them with pure numbers would work. They were mistaken, Zeus, or Jacob, whomever was in charge unleashed a constant barrage of lightning bolts at the demonic hordes, adding to the massive and impressive display of fire works that was already taking place. If any enemy got in range, Zeus was sure any of the fools could be cleaved in two with contemptous ease. He noticed that the others were sure, at least some of them, that this horde of darkness would be taken down easily as well.