New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default [M&M 3e] New Seattle Adventures Game 3

You find yourselves in a dark alleyway. You were asked to come here by anonymous entities, and for various reasons, obliged. Things were promised to you. Wealth. Power. Answers. Justice. Aid in your crusades against "evil".

A black limousine drives up. A man in a tailored business suit walks up, a black fedora tilted so you cannot see his face. The limousine drives away, leaving him with you.

"So you've come to the right place. We have what you probably think you need, but we need to know what you want first. I'll give you my part of the transaction first, but then I need something from each of you. I need a piece of you, something truly yours. Wealth, positions, fame, glory, memories, identities, eternal souls. All of these can be taken, or they can be given. So what do you want, and what'll you give? Tell me this, and let the exchanging commence."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [M&M 3e] New Seattle Adventures Game 3

Banshee looks at the stranger with suspicion, clearly unhappy with the situation. She wraps her cloak closely around herself, ready to transform at the first sign of any trouble.

"How do I know I can trust you? This seems like a setup to me. Gather a few heroes in one place, ask them for a deal, and then use the information you get to kill them. I want to know what you have to offer first before I make any exchanges with you."
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

3. - Top - End - #3

SwashbucklerGuy

The stranger chuckles.

"But we told you, we give you something first. That's how you know. When our side is fulfilled, we'll come to collect. But to get you what you want, we need to know what that is. Want five trillion in Spanish Doubloons? Want the Presidency? Want to be the new Cuban dictator? How 'bout the North Korean one? Want to be the most famous man, or woman, in your case, in the world? Want powers beyond imagining to help you crusade against dark forces? That's something we can offer. Want answers, some form of knowledge? We can give you that, too. For a price."

"Of course, it still might be a set-up. We've struck exchanges with many, and this might be the side of somebody's bargain. Leave now if you want. There are three taxis waiting two blocks west of here."
    Last edited by rorikdude12; 2012-09-03 at 12:55 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, at least you seem to be decently honest. I'll be honest too. If this actually is a trap, you have no chance of catching me. We're surrounded by two walls, and I can go incorporal at any time I want. If this is a trap, then it's a bad one. You don't seem to be a complete idiot, so I guess I'll trust you for now. You wouldn't have made such a stupid mistake."

She hesitates for a moment, then speaks again.

"You said you have knowledge, right? What can you tell me about the cloak I'm wearing right now? Do you know where it's from?"
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2012-09-03 at 01:21 PM.
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

5. - Top - End - #5

SwashbucklerGuy

"You should have asked me the price first. The cloak allows you to fly, as well as giving you many sound-based abilities and the ability to become incorporeal. You can also change into another form: that of an undead creature. The cloak renders you ageless, and makes you not need to sleep. It was made by a necromancer named Zurin around five centuries ago. It was a failed attempt to put most of his arcane power into a material object. Instead, he put all of it in. He forced his very essence into the cloak, and it killed him. The cloak has been changing hands since. There were two users before you. One was a famous French swordsman, Pierre D'Tarnian. He was killed in a duel in seventeen eighty-three, ninety-eight years after he received it at the age of twenty-nine. The man who won the duel, a Brit known as Jack Douglass, later became known as Jack the Ripper. He was killed by the Black Panthers in nineteen sixty-eight while on holiday in the United States. The cloak then entered the hands of Bishop Michael Harrison, who thought it was the Shroud of Turin and kept it locked in his basement, fearful of its power. When his possessions were auctioned off, it was sold to a theater group, which is how you obtained it."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Banshee gulps at the surprising amount of information the man just showed off.

"That was....something. How do you know all this? Wait no, don't answer that. I have a feeling it's going to cost me even mo-"

Her eyes widen in shock as the realisation overcomes her.

"You know where I got it from! You know who I am! How did you figure that out?"

7. - Top - End - #7

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    Banshee gulps at the surprising amount of information the man just showed off.

"That was....something. How do you know all this? Wait no, don't answer that. I have a feeling it's going to cost me even mo-"

Her eyes widen in shock as the realisation overcomes her.

"You know where I got it from! You know who I am! How did you figure that out?"
    "Heh. Are you sure you want to pay for that answer as well? You don't even know the cost of your first question!"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Banshee hesitates, thinking about fleeing for a few seconds.

"...Fine. Tell me the price for that first question. Although I don't know what you could want, seeming that you know evrything already."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Hobo emerges from behind a nearby dumpster, cloaked in the shadows of the night, and also several newspapers.

Brushing himself off he starts a slow walk towards the two individuals in view. Huh knew this was too good to be true, suits care not for my folk, besides this deal sounds way too good to be true.

Adjusting his forearms where his precious gauntlets lie, Hobo was prepared for the worst. A hit operation on heroes seems so below this guy, and besides what kind of a hero would leave another to suffer an unfortunate fate.

The Hobo comes side to side with Banshee, and with a gruff, stern voice; "You heard her bub', Tell her her catch suit"
    Last edited by Neo Noctis; 2012-09-04 at 08:45 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Brightstar

She listen intently. She had planned on going through the hero gig solo, but this invitation perked her interest. Listening to the Faustian deal made her nervous as crossed her arms trying to look confident.

Brightstar decided to keep quiet and hear the man in the suit out before deciding on her next course of action.

11. - Top - End - #11

SwashbucklerGuy

Banshee hesitates, thinking about fleeing for a few seconds.

"...Fine. Tell me the price for that first question. Although I don't know what you could want, seeming that you know evrything already."
    "The first question was how you could know this wasn't a trap. That costs you one kidney. It's already gone, though, so you don't need to check. The rules of The Exchange work that way."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

"That not fair! I had no way of knowing that! How dare you?"

Banshee barely holds herself back from attacking the stranger. "If this guy really can do that, he is more powerful than anyone I've ever seen. I gotta be more carefull with what I say from now on."

"Fine. Tell me the price for the second one then. But don't you dare pull another stunt like that."
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2012-09-05 at 06:24 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13

SwashbucklerGuy

"That not fair! I had no way of knowing that! How dare you?"

Banshee barely holds herself back from attacking the stranger. "If this guy really can do that, he is more powerful than anyone I've ever seen. I gotta be more carefull with what I say from now on."

"Fine. Tell me the price for the second one then. But don't you dare pull another stunt like that."
    "One pint of blood. You may feel rather woozy. As we said before, it's already gone, so you don't need to check. So goes The Exchange."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Banshee turns towards the others. "What do you guys think? I have no way of seeing if this guy actually took my stuff. Any of you got x-ray vision or something else that can check my kidneys?"

Turning back to the stranger, she adds: "Anyway. You probably don't make deals only with heroes. There are plenty of criminals who would sell much more than a kidney to get powers, information on how to get into a bank, the identities of the hero who stopped their last evil scheme, that kind of stuff. Heck, you admitted that this actually could be a trap. You obviously don't care who the people you deal with are or what you give to them. Why shouldn't we just arrest you right now? Oh, and if that information also has a price, then don't even answer. I've had it with your exchange business."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Banshee turns towards the others. "What do you guys think? I have no way of seeing if this guy actually took my stuff. Any of you got x-ray vision or something else that can check my kidneys?"
    [/COLOR]
    "I can see energy signatures," she says and then scans Banshee.

Obviously this person had some evil agenda but if he had the power to instantly do an organ removal, did she really stand a chance...

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Hobo nods and turns to the mysterious man. "Interesting bub'. your showing of powers are sick though and a little theory of mines brewin'"

Hobo glances up and down the suit, stopping at the fedora. " A lot of trouble must be caused by you, and most likely associates of yours, but truth is if you were havin' an honest deal, then protecting your identity would be the last of your problems suit"

Hobo pauses. "Show us your face"

17. - Top - End - #17

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by shugyosha View Post

Obviously this person had some evil agenda but if he had the power to instantly do an organ removal, did she really stand a chance...
    A strange energy is there, one that seems to be involved with teleportation.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Noctis View Post
    Hobo nods and turns to the mysterious man. "Interesting bub'. your showing of powers are sick though and a little theory of mines brewin'"

Hobo glances up and down the suit, stopping at the fedora. " A lot of trouble must be caused by you, and most likely associates of yours, but truth is if you were havin' an honest deal, then protecting your identity would be the last of your problems suit"

Hobo pauses. "Show us your face"
    He tilts the fedora upward, revealing the sort of face one sees on a mannequin in a clothing store.

He does not answer Banshee.
    Last edited by rorikdude12; 2012-09-05 at 03:37 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Banshee subtly draws her cloak closer around herself.

"No answer? Well then."

She tilts her head towards the others for a second. "If you guys aren't going to help me with this, scram now!"

A terrifying scream errupts from her mouth, directed at the mysterious stranger, just as she conceils herself in her cloak, becoming an invisible phantom.

Spoiler
    Show

initiative (1d20)[14]
    Attacking with horrid wail as a standard action(1d20+10)[28]
    and then activating my ghost form as a move action.
    Leeeerooooyyy.....
    Do I at least get that surprise round?
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2012-09-05 at 04:04 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[14], (1d20+2)[6]

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[15]

The mannequin is knocked on his back, and a good portion of his chest and head is liquefied.
    Last edited by rorikdude12; 2012-09-05 at 06:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

He tilts the fedora upward, revealing the sort of face one sees on a mannequin in a clothing store.
    She tilts her head towards the others for a second. "If you guys aren't going to help me with this, scram now"
    "United we stand"

Hobo brings his left leg forward and raises his left hand parallel to the chest of the mannequin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using a Kinetic burst as a standard action (1d20+10)[11]
    Then teleporting twenty feet behind the mannequin (Or as far as)
    Initiative roll (1d20+11)[25]

21. - Top - End - #21

SwashbucklerGuy

The mannequin is struck by the kinetic blast.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-1)[1]

The mannequin is destroyed utterly. It shatters into pieces of what seem to be plastic.
    Last edited by rorikdude12; 2012-09-05 at 06:49 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rorikdude12 View Post
    The mannequin is struck by the kinetic blast.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]

The mannequin is destroyed utterly. It shatters into pieces of what seem to be plastic.
    "Well its been interesting, but we better split before whoever sent t' suit sends a load more mook's"

Hobo walks up to the mannequin, kneels down and pockets a small piece of the plastic material. He then instinctively puts his other hand into his coat pocket and then pauses. Huh, better not be associated with a goon like this. Hobo will then pick himself up and slowly walk towards the position of the two other heroes.

Hobo turns to were he last saw Banshee "You might want to get yourself checked out at a hospital, If that... Thing really did suck an organ out ta ya. You got another way of getting around, rather than those taxis down the corner?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Brightstar

Before she can say her results, Brightstar is forced to the air.

Spoiler
    Show

init
    (1d20+5)[6]

can we have an OOC thread to put our character sheets

24. - Top - End - #24

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit (1d20+10)[24] to hit,
    Hobo's toughness check, DC 25, (1d20+3)[22]
    Hobo's dodge roll to resist grab (1d20+3)[12]

The Hobo feels a sharp kick in the seat of his pants. He then feels a strange pressure on his throat...

Spoiler
    Show
    You are now restrained. Please roll fortitude, DC 25, vs suffocation.
    Last edited by rorikdude12; 2012-09-05 at 07:42 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rorikdude12 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    To hit [roll0] to hit,
    Hobo's toughness check, DC 25, [roll1]
    Hobo's dodge roll to resist grab [roll2]

The Hobo feels a sharp kick in the seat of his pants. He then feels a strange pressure on his throat...

Spoiler
    Show
    You are now restrained. Please roll fortitude, DC 25, vs suffocation.
    "Whats. Your. Problem" Hobo spits out after the assault left him off guard.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    Are my powers nulled, and should I reroll initiative, or can I keep my 25?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

"Sorry, buddy. This might end up being a little hard on your ears."

Banshee carefully aims her voice at hobo, trying to hit the invisible attacker without hurting him in the progress.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+5)[24]
    Have we skipped shugyosha's turn?
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2012-09-06 at 05:31 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

SwashbucklerGuy

The blast hits The Hobo, and sends him flying backward.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hobo's toughness save (1d20+2)[19], ??? (1d20+5)[21]

@Hobo
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Hobo is dazed. He still feels the invisible force on him.
    Last edited by rorikdude12; 2012-09-07 at 07:32 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Brightstar

She swings around and flies behind the mysterious Faustian man. Focusing her energy he hits him with a blast of quantum energy.

Spoiler
    Show

12 rank range damage

again, I'd like an OOC thread to store my character.

29. - Top - End - #29

SwashbucklerGuy

The melted mysterious faustian man is still melted, only moreso.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Hobo begins charging energy into his gauntlets, and then releases it in a large kinetic burst.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kinetic Burst 5, Area 5 DC 15