New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Magic: The Gathering Thread XIV: Instant Annoying, Just Add Hexproof

Two Standard (I think) decks I've been toying with on Cockatrice, based on lists swiped from the wizards site, the ReConstructed column, IIRC.

Mono B Vengeance:

Spoiler
    Show

2 Rune-Scarred Demon
    1 Thopter Assembly
    4 Solemn Simulacrum

3 Trading Post
    4 Ichor Wellspring
    2 Mycosynth Wellspring
    4 Pristine Talisman
    1 Spine of Ish Sah

3 Tragic Slip
    1 Murder
    1 Black Sun's Zenith
    4 Sorin's Vengeance
    2 Curse of Death's Hold
    2 Tribute to Hunger

3 Sorin Markov

2 Buried Ruin
    18 Swamp
    4 Phyrexia's Core

Uses wellsprings with Trading Post/Phyrexia's Core for tremendous advantage.
    Pristine Talismans protect and ramp into Sorin's Vengeance. Removal suite is weird because this was originally a budget formulation until I realised I couldn't get around playing the Sorins and the Sad Robots. The original ran white for Lingering Souls and more removal.

Spoiler
    Show
    15 Island
    4 Phyrexia's Core
    4 Buried Ruin

4 Treasure Mage

2 Tezzeret's Gambit
    3 Visions of Beyond

1 Contagion Engine
    2 Mirrorworks
    2 Mycosynth Wellspring
    2 Semblance Anvil
    1 Soul Conduit
    2 Spine of Ish Sah
    3 Throne of Geth
    4 Ichor Wellspring
    3 Contagion Clasp
    4 Grindclock
    2 Unwinding Clock
    3 Tumble Magnet
    1 Staff of Nin

Now this one is a little sillier, uses wellsprings with Phyrexia's Core/Throne of Geth. Win Condition is Grindclock, but [sac outlet] + Spine is usually a necessary step towards that. Based on "Mark Schofield's Caged Control"

Thoughts on either?

It really bugs me how Standard is now the last two blocks + the latest core set, wish it were last three blocks + core (didn't it used to be like that?) Feels like as soon as I've got an interesting deck together, it rotates out.
    's why I build more (bad) Modern decks, I guess.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Magic: The Gathering Thread XIV: Instant Annoying, Just Add Hexproof

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    so go to FMN booster draft; not liking what I'm seeing at 3rd pack, pick door to nothingness, still unsatisfied at 5th pick with another door available. Say "screw it" and pick it and build a door deck. I got 2 door activations, and 1 beat down win, and constant near losses: lolz were had.
    This reminds me of a draft that I 4-0'd with two Etched Monstrosities. Good times.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Science Officer View Post
    It really bugs me how Standard is now the last two blocks + the latest core set, wish it were last three blocks + core (didn't it used to be like that?)
    I think Standard always was the last two blocks and latest core set. Though Extended somewhat fits your bill, as it's the last four blocks (used to be the last seven, but it was changed to four). Though unfortunately, Extended doesn't seem to be a particularly popular format, especially with Modern having essentially taken its place.

4. - Top - End - #304

Extended used to be cool. Then Wizards kinda screwed the pooch by cutting it in half, turning it into some sort of super-standard that was really boring and everybody hated. After people stopped played extended at all, ever, Wizards decided to make amends (and tried to start getting tournament attendance again), and gave us modern. So, really, it kind of balanced out.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright...I've constructed my Nicol Bolas'd deck, with some alterations to the card line up and even had time to play a single game in a Planechase multi with it, where it didn't fair badly, but that's mostly because of planar help and my opponent's tearing each other apart.

Still, the deck performed well enough and here's the new decklist.

Nico Bolas'd

Spoiler
    Show
    Lands
    4x Drowned Catacomb
    1x Sulfur Falls
    4x Dragonskull Summit (Got another one)
    2x Desolate Lighthouse
    7x Island (Until I put in 2 Ghost Quarter)
    6x Mountain
    3x Swamp

Other Mana Fixing:
    2x Gem of Becoming
    Turns out I traded my Gilded Lotus...oops. I'll try to get two more though.

Creatures:
    2x Clone
    3x Delver of Secrets
    2x Sphinx of Uthuun
    3x Disciple of Bolas
    2x Augur of Bolas (Only because it turns out I only have two)
    2x Mindclaw Shaman

Planeswalkers:
    x2 Nicol Bolas

Spells:
    1x Blasphemous Act
    3x Magma Quake
    2x Doomblade
    4x Pillar of Flame
    2x Negate
    3x Desperate Ravings (Turns out I have four)

Sideboard:
    None yet, open to suggestion.

The most obvious plans are getting a third Sphinx of Uthuun, a third Bolas (already got a line on one actually, just need to trade for it), a second Blasphemous Act (They clear the board of spirit tokens for me, and like Magmaquake are a poor man's Bonfire), and two more Augur's. Something I've realized though is there really isn't much black presence in the deck and Mutilates would be a much preferred option to have. I've certainly got enough of them to use even so how might I re-work my mana-base so it's more black heavy so Mutilate is more useful?

Desperate Ravings proved highly useful, but it also got me to discard cards I needed twice out of the four times I played it. The random bit can really hurt. Would Forbidden Alchemy be a better option or should I add in it alongside the Desperate (what should it replace in that regard)? Pillar of Flame performed spectacularly, exiling two Champions of the Parish before they could grow, but I do feel like I'm hurting for repeat uses of them. Of course the only real way to get more uses is Snapcaster or the....Mystical Retrieval? It was in Avacyn, you returned a sorcery or instant from your graveyard to your hand and it flashbacked with red. I get the feeling that, if I do go for more black, that Crippling Fear might be a more valid option but what it would replace is escaping me.

What's left is...sideboard. And actually playing the game one on one instead of in a multi, so what's the playground think?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #306
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

So I was searching through Gatherer recently out of boredom and thinking about about how to beat Splinter Twin in Modern and came up with the following idea for a Standard deck:

ThisIsProbabyAReallyBadIdeaButICantGetItOutOfMyHea d.deck
    Spoiler
    Show

4x Bonfire of the Damned
    4x Blaspephemous Act
    4x Slagstorm
    4x Wild Guess
    3x Red Suns Zenith
    2x Geist Flame
    2x Pillar of Flame
    2x Flames of the Firebrand/Arc Trail(Not sure yet. In general this slot is pretty open)
    2x Harvest Pyre(Kills Restoration Angel and Silverheart + random big guys)
    2x Ancient Grudge(For SoWaP)
    3x Firewing Phoenix
    4x Shrine of Burning Rage
    4x Helion Crucible
    4x Ghost Quarter
    4x Copperline Gorge
    4x Rootbound Crag
    8x Mountain

SB:
    2x Thrun
    2x Ancient Grudge
    2x Combust
    9x Other Cards

Basically it aims to keep sweeping the board and accumlate CA that way while keeping lands/spells flowing with Wild Guess before killing your opponent over two or so turns via Shrine + 4 Power Creatures.

No I haven't played a single game with this I'm just wondering if you all think its worth putting together if only for testing purposes or if it has some glaring weakness I can't see(highly likely). It does seem like it might be pretty soft to Counter Spells and Thragtusk.
    When you are first born, the universe assigns you a secret luck value. The quality of your life, dice rolls, and how friendly your DM is are all influenced by the luck value. It is the universe's secret social experiment. So if you been rolling poor, it is only because you were assigned low luck value by the universe. You can raise your luck value only through proper dice rolling rituals.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Something I just discovered while working on a Commander deck: Chandra, the Firebrand is awesome with Wild Guess. Perhaps both cards will be showing up in a future deck...
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Wild Guess seems awesome in general. I'm surprised Frites hasn't adopted it, from what I've seen. It reminds me of something I noticed from Innistrad - there's a ton of good graveyard enablers. Nothing quite on the par of Wild Mongrel or Psychatog, but you've got Faithless Looting, Desperate Ravings, Liliana, Forbidden Alchemy...the thing is, there's just not much to abuse them with. Unburial Rites is about the only semi-powerful thing, it seems.
    Last edited by IthilanorStPete; 2012-08-01 at 01:24 AM.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think Unburial Rites Reanimator is a major Standard deck right now/any more. At least from recent information, not enough people are playing it to warrant it being its own archetype anymore.

Wild Guess + Chandra, the Firebrand excites me for some kind of red control deck in standard, though. I guess I have a decent starting point for next season.

10. - Top - End - #310

So, it was only a matter of time before this happened, because Japan, but there's an MTG manga in a school setting.

I know /tg/ was falling over itself having fun with the posted pages and thinking about how a game of commander would work in an anime setting (rather hilariously was the general opinion), but they're still looking for translators to work on the raws. I know I'd be exited if it got translated; the writer used *topdeck* as an onomatopoeia-anybody like that is bound to have a few other gems.

If anybody can read moonrunes/knows somebody who does/wants to take a look at what's done so far, there's a shared google doc here.

Have fun.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    So, it was only a matter of time before this happened, because Japan, but there's an MTG manga in a school setting.

I know /tg/ was falling over itself having fun with the posted pages and thinking about how a game of commander would work in an anime setting (rather hilariously was the general opinion), but they're still looking for translators to work on the raws. I know I'd be exited if it got translated; the writer used *topdeck* as an onomatopoeia-anybody like that is bound to have a few other gems.

If anybody can read moonrunes/knows somebody who does/wants to take a look at what's done so far, there's a shared google doc here.

Have fun.
    Didn't the Duel Masters manga originally use M:TG?
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Didn't the Duel Masters manga originally use M:TG?
    No, it was a generic card game. Then the author got a bazillion fan letters asking about the game...
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    No, it was a generic card game. Then the author got a bazillion fan letters asking about the game...
    Having read the very first episode so very many years ago, no, it was M:TG. Played terribly, but still. I remember the first match being against a guy who ran Spike creatures.

Also the protagonist is shown to lack the experience needed to control the powerful cards in his inherited deck. By which I mean he plays Library of Alexandria T1, taps it, then takes damage from mana burn because he didn't actually have anything to spend it on. All as a way to show that the cards are too powerful for a mere beginner.

Yeah, it was a dumb comic.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a question about the Cascade mechanic.

Mostly I want to know how it interacts with these two cards:

Wild Guess I assume that with cascade you would not have to discard a card.

Fire // Ice If cascade hits that will both halves be cast? And can you cast both halves of that spell at once?
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Wild Guess I assume that with cascade you would not have to discard a card.
    Cascade only talks about mana costs. All other costs are thus unaffected and would have to be paid.

Fire // Ice If cascade hits that will both halves be cast? And can you cast both halves of that spell at once?
    From the rulings of cascade:
    "If you exile a split card with Cascade, check if at least one half of that split card has a converted mana cost that's less than the converted mana cost of the spell with cascade. If so, you can cast either half of that split card."

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Went to a Flea Market today. Found a Magic: the Gathering cooler for $5. I consider it a good day based entirely on that.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay. I have two decks I've been working on. Note: I play on Magic Workstation and don't buy my cards. I try to stick with cards that are legal and not normally banned. Or at least try to.

My Colorless deck works around having a **** ton of tiny combo's that result in me having a ton of monsters. It needs some work though, as it lacks defense against flying and sometimes has a real slow start.

Spoiler
    Show

Lands:

4 Darksteel Citadel
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Dread Statuary
    4 Blinkmoth Nexus
    4 Vesuva
    4 Glimmerpost

Creatures:
    4 Lodestone Golem
    2 Steel Overseer
    3 Walking Atlas
    2 Wurmcoil Engine
    4 Palladium Myr
    2 Precursor Golem

Artifacts:

3 Mirror Works
    2 Worn Powerstone
    3 Dolmen Gate
    2 Akroma's Memorial
    3 Soul Foundry
    3 Expedition Map
    3 Druidic Satchel

My Gold deck is... well. It needs alot of work. What I -want- is something that just stalls for time, makes it frustrating for the enemy to do anything, and just keeps killing them. If I could get away with this without ever having to attack then that would be wonderful. I'm just trying to shoot off as many interesting effects as possible. I was thinking to go with some Cascade cards but I don't really know what to get. It also takes a little too long to start up.

Spoiler
    Show

Lands:

4 Reflecting Pool
    2 Pillar of Paruns
    4 Mirrodin's Core
    4 Vesuva
    4 Exotic Orchard
    4 Hinterland Harbor

Artifacts:
    2 Darksteel Ignot

Creatures:

3 Birds of Paradise
    3 Maelstrom Archangel
    3 Wall of Denial
    2 Alloy Myr
    2 Bringer of Blue Dawn
    2 Coiling Oracle

Instants:
    3 Hindering Light
    3 Esper Charm
    3 Terminate

Sorcerys:
    2 Decimate
    3 Last Stand
    2 Brainbite
    2 Maelstrom Pulse

Enchantments:
    3 Prismatic Omen
    ParsonxMaggie Shipper in the Playground

18. - Top - End - #318
    Firbolg in the Playground

I might be going to the Legacy event in the Starcity Games DC Open on Sunday, and I have a question for everyone: Do you think manaless dredge could be good right now? Regular (LED) Dredge doesn't seem to be doing so well, but Manaless seems to me like it might have a decent game. It debuted in a meta that was countermagic heavy, so it's less vulnerable to the counters that RUG uses to win its matchups against Dredge, and seems to be okay/good against Merfolk for the same reasons, and my deck still can combo off against a clock that it can't race. Can I have anyone's opinion on this?

My list:
    Last edited by Fable Wright; 2012-08-03 at 04:06 AM.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

I can't fathom why your Dredge deck doesn't have Narcomoeba. Maybe I'm behind the times, but I'm pretty sure Narcomoeba is one of the cards that makes Dredge work.

Sphinx of Lost Truths seems so bad. I know what purpose it serves, but it just seems so terrible.

Your sideboard only has 14 cards.

20. - Top - End - #320

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    I can't fathom why your Dredge deck doesn't have Narcomoeba. Maybe I'm behind the times, but I'm pretty sure Narcomoeba is one of the cards that makes Dredge work.

Sphinx of Lost Truths seems so bad. I know what purpose it serves, but it just seems so terrible.

Your sideboard only has 14 cards.
    ...I do run Narcomoeba, and forgot to edit it in. If you note, the rest of the deck was 56 cards. Also, Darksteel Colossus was the 15th Sideboard card. It turns any Painterstone matchup into what amounts to an automatic win, so...

Sphinx has actually been really, really good for me. Remember- Dredge isn't playing the same game that you are. A 3/5 flying body is nice in any format, and the fact that it reliably lets me fill my graveyard off a Dread Return makes it even better. It's also more reliable than River Kelpie, the alternative.
    Last edited by Fable Wright; 2012-08-03 at 04:09 AM.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

@ matar, we looking to keep this casual/cheap, or we looking to optimize?

@ dredge advice
    Manaless is actually pretty bad now, it subsisted entirely on the ridiculous extreme control meta that mental misstep brought on. As of now, i'm pretty sure it's not even fast enough to consistently beat things like maverick pre-sideboard.

because of thalia, guardian of thraben, dredge has also been having a tougher time in its non led form. Add faithless looting to replace inconsistent, and useless if drawn deep analysis, and LED looks sort of superior, though if maverick is more uncommon in your meta, then LEDless is just as good.

i can't really say anything else about the list as.. well it's kinda hard to critique a list when my suggestion is basically to change the whole deck xD

if you really like manaless, i do suggest replacing both inkwell leviathan (too easily raced, irrelevant if you got a lot of zombies) and avatar of woe (obvious reasons) with another iona, and another copy of whatever other target suits your fancy.
    Remember, manaless doesnt have the luxury of assuming a dr target will actually be in the yard when you get your 3 creatures and dr. even normal dredge isnt absolutely certain
    also, 4 sphinx of lost truth is total overkill. replace at least 2 with gigapede/ something else
    most people dont play those types of card anymore anyway... the logic being: "why play a card that only dredges more and gives my opponent more opportunities to answer when i can just DR a: Iona, fkz, Sphinx of the Steel Wind, etc. and just win".
    Last edited by Stille_Nacht; 2012-08-03 at 11:59 PM.

22. - Top - End - #322

I'll admit it- Maverick is the worst matchup for my deck. They have an even to good chance of winning game one, and post-board, they have even more hate to bring in against me. As for the other advice:
    First off, manaless dredge almost always has a Dread Return target if I get 3 creatures + Dread Return. Between Phantasmagorian, which can be used in a pinch if absolutely necessary, Grave-Trolls, and 6 Mainboard Dread Return targets, it's almost a certainty. This is an area where manaless does have the advantage over mana dredge. Second, I mainboard 4 Sphinx of Lost Truths because I win the game on the spot if I return one. This isn't a deck where I have Cephalid Colosseum to fill my yard, or a Faithless Looting to dredge over half of my deck on turn 3-4. When I start chaining Sphinxes, though, the game is over- I can dredge a Dakmor Salvage off the last draw trigger to bring back Bloodghasts to get a FKZ for the win, or I generate enough Narcomoebas to finish the combo. I could potentially see myself moving one to the board and bringing in a Sphinx maindeck, but I'm iffy about that at best. They are the draw engine that allows me to have sufficient Bridges in the bin to ensure that a Flame-Kin Zealot will be lethal. If the Flame-Kin Zealot isn't there, they still ensure that I do have the singleton DR target I need in the graveyard, and that I have Bridges. For normal dredge, I can see the extra redundancy being moot. For manaless, I need it badly.

As for extra Dread Return targets... I think I'm going to change Angel of Despair and Inkwell Leviathan to Angel of Despair and Flayer of the Hatebound, for the alternate wincon (Vs Enchantress or Death and Taxes, should those come up).
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

@ matar, we looking to keep this casual/cheap, or we looking to optimize?
    Optimize. I'd rather not have any cards that are banned. I mean, nothing extremely unbalanced. Like Black Lotus.

Everything else is good to go though.
    ParsonxMaggie Shipper in the Playground

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Matar View Post
    Optimize. I'd rather not have any cards that are banned. I mean, nothing extremely unbalanced. Like Black Lotus.

Everything else is good to go though.
    Personally, I'd borrow some Modern Tron tech and add 1x Eye of Ugin, 1x greater Eldrazi of choice (I prefer Ulamog) and the fourth Expedition Map over Dolmen Gate. Also, swap out at least one Darksteel Citadel for Phyrexia's Core.
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Talk about the current sets/environment? pfft, like I'd ever do that.
    Spoiler
    Show

99.9% likely Ravnica card. With new mechanic.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

26. - Top - End - #326

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    Talk about the current sets/environment? pfft, like I'd ever do that.
    Spoiler
    Show

99.9% likely Ravnica card. With new mechanic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm preeeeeety sure that's a fake, since it's:
    A; missing some important bits of copyright text in the bottom line, and
    B; the person who found it claims that it replaced the basic land in a pack of M13 that he bought.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327

Spoiler
    Show
    B; the person who found it claims that it replaced the basic land in a pack of M13 that he bought.
    Spoiler
    Show

It also has quite a few bits going for it, such as:
    A; Mark Zug's signature in the corner of the art;
    B; The fact that the art fits Ravnica and isn't a previous piece;
    C; The mechanic fits the guild well and that the card would fit right into the set.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    note that a recent comic promo also had reduced copyright tect
    Last edited by Androgeus; 2012-08-04 at 06:16 PM.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

@ dredge deck. i know you will dr, but "higher priority" targets like iona (which, in my experience, has won 70% of games she is DRed alone) deserve serious consideration as 2-oves, just to increase the chance that she'll be in the yard when you get your 3 creatures + dr.

still don't advise no mana though :/. i mean, just look at this meta we have ><
    Spoiler
    Show

Stoneforge will deal with it easily. Maverick can outrace it game one.
    Tempo rug both deals with and outraces it.
    Sneak and Show is faster, with a scarier target, and control elements.
    Miracle Control is actually suprisingly good against it. (earlier this month we did a gauntlet, partly to teach noobies and partly to test aformentioned deck). Terminus really messes up your stuff
    Bant can race, basically the same problems as maverick here...
    Merfolk can race you and has control
    Elves is a faster combo.
    Burn is faster and NOT a combo. and you can't really interact with it. at all.

like, the entire top of the meta is at least 60/40 vs. manaless dredge :/. It was only good in the first place because NO RUG and Hive mind were dominating, and the whole format was a turn slower because of Mental Misstep

also, include at least 1 gigapede md :[, gigapede is nice :[

@matar's colorless. arite. lets get down to this.
    The principle behind most colorless decks is first and foremost:
    UNFAIR MANA PRODUCTION.
    See: grim monolith. ancient tomb. city of traitors. voltaic key. metalworker
    Then, things that ABUSE THE UNFAIR MANA. (i love this deck btw :})
    See: kuldotha forgemaster (comboes with blighsteel colossus, etc.), wurmcoil engine, steel hellkite, etc. etc.), Chalice of the void (omg, so sexy)
    Then, add shinies to smooth things a little and add need tricks.
    See: goblin welder (use with things like myr battlesphere, wurmcoil engine, etc.), lightning greaves, mox opal, sensei's divining top

About 70% of the time, you'll have a huge artifact creature by turn 2. About 30% of the time you will resolve Kuldotha Forgemaster by turn 2, and laugh while your opponent groans as a blighsteel collosus thunders into play.
    Last edited by Stille_Nacht; 2012-08-04 at 08:46 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330

Well, to be honest, if I could afford the mana base, I'd run LED dredge. As it is, I have a consistent manaless deck, and I'd like to try a large tournament at least once. Currently, I'm running an Iona and a Blazing Archon as targets, as Archon seems to be good against almost all the decks out there right now. Also, I've played a few games, and it's not as bad against the meta as it seems. Cabal therapies go a long way against control, and I've done testing against the Patriot Act delver list and did well against it, I can produce large amounts of chump blockers to stall, and I can still run the deck without casting a spell against heavy control builds. I don't know for sure how it will turn out, but I'll post how I did tomorrow after the tournament.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show