Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Fire Emblem: Zombie Apocalypse OOC

IC Thread

A Fire Emblem Game with a twist.

Not only has the magic system been totally revamped (and probably broken as all hell), the goals here are a bit different than your standard game. In addition to your standard "Kill everything" and "Place Lord Here" maps, there's going to be a couple of maps where your goals are more suitable for a Zombie Apocalypse: Scavenge. Survive. Burn ALL the things.

If you were directed here from the link in my signature, the rules can be found Here. Create your character, post him/her here, and once approved, s/he will be added to the waiting list. Please don't let mechanics stop you from making an interesting character concept. We can probably work something out if you speak up.

The players are free to exploit any aspect of the game. Just note that once you do, I am free to do so as well.

Waiting List:
    {table=head]Character|Class|Player|Expected Recruitment
    Duke Smith|Knight|Acanous|Map 3
    Alba|Archer-ish|Ascaloth|Map 3
    ???|Lance Hell Rider|YakYak|Map 4
    ???|Knight|GrassyGnoll|Map 4
    Fallow|Shaman (Earth)|Scholar23|Map 5
    Rhein |Myrmidon|Cyber|Map 5[/table]

Secondary Wait List (Player missing):
    {table=head]Character|Class|Player
    Corvis|Mage (Wind)|Hunt11
    Drax|Brigand|Steilos[/table]

Tertiary Wait List(Secondary Characters)
    {table=head]Character|Class|Player|Expected Recruitment
    --|--|--|--[/table]

Level-up Copypasta:
    Spoiler
    Show

--- grew to Level ---
    {table=head]Stat|Points|Growth|Roll|Level up?|New Stats
    HP|-|-|[roll]1d100[/roll]|-|-
    |-|-|[roll]1d100[/roll]|-|-
    SKL|-|-|[roll]1d100[/roll]|-|-
    SPD|-|-|[roll]1d100[/roll]|-|-
    LCK|-|-|[roll]1d100[/roll]|-|-
    DEF|-|-|[roll]1d100[/roll]|-|-
    RES|-|-|[roll]1d100[/roll]|-|-[/table]
    Growth Rates for Reference when I do the Level- up copypasta:
    {table]Colver|
    HP|50%
    Mag|50%
    SKL|45%
    SPD|45%
    LCK|25%
    DEF|35%
    RES|45% [/table]

{table]Shannon|Growth
    Hp|50%
    Mag|50%
    Skl|40%
    Spd|50%
    Luck|45%
    Def|15%
    Res|50%[/table]

{table]Glaive|Growth
    HP|70%
    Str|70%
    Skl|55%
    Spd|40%
    Lck|30%
    Def|45%
    Res|30%[/table]

{table=head]May|Growth
    HP|70%
    Mag|0%
    Skl|0%
    Spd|60%
    Lck|0%
    Def|65%
    Res|65%[/table]

{table]Alberich|Growth
    Hp|50%
    Str|50%
    Skl|40%
    Spd|60%
    Luck|15%
    Def|50%
    Res|55%[/table]

{table]YakYak|Growth
    HP|60%
    STR|50%
    SKL|55%
    SPD|65%
    LCK|35%
    DEF|40%
    RES|20%[/table]

{table=head]Grassy|Growth
    HP|80%
    Str|45%
    Skl|45%
    Spd|35%
    Lck|40%
    Def|55%
    Res|40%
    [/table]

{table]Fallow|Growth
    Hp|40%
    Str|70%
    Skl|45%
    Spd|20%
    Lck|25%
    Def|25%
    Res|50%[/table]

{table]Rhein|Growth
    HP|30(60%)
    STR|55%
    SKL|60%
    SPD|60%
    LCK|25%
    DEF|40%
    RES|20%[/table]
    Last edited by Herpestidae; 2013-05-22 at 11:12 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Zombie Apocalypse OOC

Adel Fram, Mercenary
    Earth Affinity

"Don't worry, I'll save you!"

{table]Stat|Points|Growth
    HP|10(20)|40(80)
    STR|5|55
    SKL|4|35
    SPD|6|50
    LCK|7|40
    DEF|6|40
    RES|6|40[/table]
    CON: 10 (8+2)
    MOV: 5

Not really sure if I need a backstory. I guess it'll be along the lines of, "Adel wanted to be a JRPG hero, so he went to grind out some rats for EXP, but suddenly - ZOMBIES!".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Colver, Water Monk:

Mega awesome sprites courtesy of Illven!

{table]Stat|Points|Growth
    HP|14 (7 pts) |50% (25 pts)
    Mag|6 (6 pts) |50% (50 pts)
    SKL|5 (5 pts) |45% (45 pts)
    SPD|5 (5 pts) |45%(45 pts)
    LCK|4 (4pts)| 25%(25 pts)
    DEF|3 (3 pts)|35% (35 pts)
    RES|6 (6pts)|45% (45 pts)[/table]
    MOV: 5
    CON: 7 (1 pt)

Description
    Spoiler
    Show

Short and slender, with black hair and blue eyes. Colver also has a prominent nose and usually a grumpy look on his face.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Affinity: WATER
    Colver is usually a very serious young man. He throws himself into any task he undertakes with vigor and an intensity that is sometimes off-putting. He has a dark sense of humor, and is usually quiet. However, he is quick to help those in need and never begrudges anyone a favor.

Background
    Spoiler
    Show
    Colver was raised as an orphan in a monastery near his home village. His parents were notorious bandits that terrorized the valley where he lived until they were cut down by a troop of soldiers. He showed a natural aptitude for magic since a young age and was tutored in it by the older monks. When the rumors of a monster assault came to the monastery, Colver leapt at the chance to prove he was unlike his parents.
    Repost from Interest Thread

EDIT: Are we going to start making a plan right now? If so, I would like to start on R20. Unless I'm not in the game yet.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Duke Smith

(Avatar by Ilven :3)
    Spoiler
    Show

Hp: 20|60%
    Str: 7|45%
    Skl: 6|45%
    Spd: 2|50%
    Luck: 5|50%
    Def: 12|50%
    Res: 3|40%
    Con: 14
    Move: 4

Affinity: Earth
    Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

Duke is a no-nonsense professional, he takes pride in his work, and measures others by the work they do. A very gruff sort, Duke can come off as abrasive. He doesn't mean any harm by it though, and judges himself just as harshly as he does others- if not more.

Background:
    Spoiler
    Show

Duke was a simple blacksmith before the zombie uprising. He worked tirelessly every day crafting tools, farming implements, nails and horseshoes. As rumors started coming in of strange monsters, Duke took up a new trade, forging weapons and armor.
    Now he stands in defense of his homeland, in equipment he forged himself. If you can't live by your work, you'll have to die by it.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

I'm doing the first five characters on the list: Shannon, Adel, Corvis, Colver, and Alberich. (Zelt's guy doesn't even have a name, so I'm pushing him back until he's done)

However, Penguinator's power is out and Illven's away for a bit, so I'm waiting for them to come back, but until then, you can come up with a plan.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm back. Great timing huh?

Shannon

Troubadour. (Lord)

Hp 16
    Mag 7
    Skl 3
    Spd 6
    Luck 6
    Def 4
    Res 6

Hp 50%
    Mag 50%
    Skl 40%
    Spd 50%
    Luck 45%
    Def 15%
    Res 50%

Mov 7

Con 6

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show

Shannon used to be a nice girl, full of love for her goddess and community. Then everything changed when the zombies attacked. Although Shannon managed to survive the initial assault fate has decided to team all up with a bunch of mental cases, the stress of leading this group has caused Shannon to snap at things she would normally let go.
    Last edited by Illven; 2012-11-07 at 03:58 AM.
    A pokemon emerald nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212805 Complete.
    Blazing hate a Fire red nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222017
    Fire emblem 7 Nuzlocke inspired http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240176 Complete

Fire emblem avatar by Water_and_Wind

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpriest
    Since a Druid is really hard to screw up bar the player taking asynergistic choices. Since summon more bears is always decent

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Welcome back! Any plans? (I've cribbed got a sprite for Alberich from Penguinator's game. It'll go up when his move is declared).
    Last edited by Herpestidae; 2012-07-04 at 11:15 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8

Shannon P19 -> N24
    Alberich P18 -> O12
    Adel P20 -> L19 [visit]
    Corvis R18 -> S18
    Colver R19 -> S19

----------

Corvis and Colver will try to slow down anything attacking the walls and will Vulnerary up if they're in danger of death. For now, they'll just build up support. I want them next to the wall so they eat a javelin next round instead of the wall taking the hit.

Everyone else starts visiting houses. There are a lot of them, so we might as well get started now and at least try to reach goal #2.

I'm not sure what to do with the shops yet, since we don't have any cash and I have no clue what they're selling (probably just iron X and basic items). I expect we'll get some cash from the houses or as monster drops, which we can then convert into Vulneraries/equipment as needed.

On another note, what's the HP/def of the crumbling walls, how does the evac (of houses - do we need to do the shops too?) work, and can we open the north/south (no really just the north) gate from the inside without a key?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Proposed plan:

1.Colver starts R20, move to S19. Wait.
    EDIT:
    2. Corvis start R19, move to S18. Wind Buff Colver (+5 SPD).
    3. Shannon start P19, move to L19. Visit.
    4. Adel start P18, move to M16. Wait.
    5. Alberich start P20, move to L24. Wait.

So the basic plan is to have both the mages (who I know for sure hit through walls) move to guard the broken wall and attack the enemy before they can break through it (this will be next turn). Meanwhile we have our other three characters moving towards the houses to visit them and hopefully rescue some villagers and stuff. Alberich will be moving along the south wall because I don't remember if bows are able to shoot through walls or not, but if they do it gives us another free attack. The problem of course is that it also spreads us kind of thin.

EDIT: Ok, I made a slight change. Having Corvis buff Colver means that Colver can make 2 attacks against Skeleton 2 next round and Corvis can double attack Skeleton 1 next round. It only costs 1 DUR, and the buff is significant.

Plan Goals:
    Alberich visits bottom row of houses, defends southern wall.
    Shannon visits middle 2 rows of houses, provides emergency healing for Alberich and Adel
    Corvis protects broken wall, buffs Colver
    Colver protects broken wall, heals Corvis

Makes sense? Too much detail?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sairyu View Post
    Shannon P19 -> N24
    Alberich P18 -> O12
    Adel P20 -> L19 [visit]
    Corvis R18 -> S18
    Colver R19 -> S19

----------

Corvis and Colver will try to slow down anything attacking the walls and will Vulnerary up if they're in danger of death. For now, they'll just build up support. I want them next to the wall so they eat a javelin next round instead of the wall taking the hit.

Everyone else starts visiting houses. There are a lot of them, so we might as well get started now and at least try to reach goal #2.

I'm not sure what to do with the shops yet, since we don't have any cash and I have no clue what they're selling (probably just iron X and basic items). I expect we'll get some cash from the houses or as monster drops, which we can then convert into Vulneraries/equipment as needed.

On another note, what's the HP/def of the crumbling walls, how does the evac (of houses - do we need to do the shops too?) work, and can we open the north/south (no really just the north) gate from the inside without a key?
    Wow, it seems like we came up with almost identical plans at almost the exact same time. Maybe great minds think alike?

11. - Top - End - #11

Name: "Glaive"
    Class: Wyvern Rider
    Affinity: Fire
    {table]|Base|Growth
    HP|24|70%
    Str|10|70%
    Skl|7|55%
    Spd|6|40%
    Lck|2|30%
    Def|6|45%
    Res|2|30%[/table]

"BAHAHAHAHA!! I love this part! If only you zombies screamed more when I killed you!"

Personality: "Glaive" is a bit of a maniac, and the zombie apocalypse has given him an excuse to violently end existences without repercussion, which to his mind is the ideal world. Due to his lust for violence, his relationships with less insane people are often short lived, normal people often find him a little abrasive.

History: Once the prince to a kingdom, he has since fallen out of such noble ways. He used to be a rather normal person, but everyone changes when the world does, he even dropped his old name, and usually calls himself something equally violent as he.

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    (Zelt's guy doesn't even have a name, so I'm pushing him back until he's done)
    Who needs a name? lol. Also, forgot to sub to this thread and post this stuff. Oops.
    Last edited by ZeltArruin; 2012-07-11 at 05:41 PM.
    ~ZA

Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess I'll go ahead and throw my support behind Sairyu's plan. It hits all the same points mine does, so it doesn't matter much. And only the Javelin Skeleton is going to be able to hit the wall first turn anyway. So it'd be better to wait until turn 2 for Corvis to buff Colver.

13. - Top - End - #13

I'm good with Sairyu's plan.

But I want to know how to escape, and where are the horses?
    A pokemon emerald nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212805 Complete.
    Blazing hate a Fire red nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222017
    Fire emblem 7 Nuzlocke inspired http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240176 Complete

Since a Druid is really hard to screw up bar the player taking asynergistic choices. Since summon more bears is always decent

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Plan:

1. Colver: Wait.
    2. Corvis: Buff Colver.
    3. Shannon: N24 -> L23. Visit
    4. Adel: L19 -> H20. Wait.
    5. Alberich: O12 -> L11. Visit.

I think Corvis should Buff Colver to build up support points and allow Colver to double either of the closest skeletons. Then next turn, Corvis can attack whichever one is left (provided they are within range) and if he takes damage, Colver can heal him.

Everyone else should focus on Visiting houses. If one of the Villagers moves close enough, then talk to them (especially the bard).

EDIT: Oh and in case you missed it, Colver is WATER affinity.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Most Civilians are going to head for the North exit by default, but some (like Civilian 3) are going to think of their fellow man and try to help you evacuate the rest of the village. You'll only get loot/prizes from houses that the group has personally evacuated, but you get your bonuses for the Optional missions no matter what.

Also, you seem to be forgetting that Shannon and Alberich can Canto.
    Last edited by Herpestidae; 2012-07-05 at 11:33 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Most Civilians are going to head for the North exit by default, but some (like Civilian 3) are going to think of their fellow man and try to help you evacuate the rest of the village. You'll only get loot/prizes from houses that the group has personally evacuated, but you get your bonuses for the Optional missions no matter what.

Also, you seem to be forgetting that Shannon and Alberich can Canto.
    You're right, I did forget Canto. Because I'm silly. I'll edit the plan accordingly.

Plan:

1. Colver: Wait.
    2. Corvis: Buff Colver.
    3. Shannon: N24 -> L23. Visit. (Canto) L23 -> I24.
    4. Adel: L19 -> H20. Wait.
    5. Alberich: O12 -> L11. Visit. (Canto) L11 -> I12.

I think Corvis should Buff Colver to build up support points and allow Colver to double either of the closest skeletons. Then next turn, Corvis can attack whichever one is left (provided they are within range) and if he takes damage, Colver can heal him.

Everyone else should focus on Visiting houses. If one of the Villagers moves close enough, then talk to them (especially the bard).

17. - Top - End - #17

Those walls have a ludicrous amount of HP/def. Let's just pull everyone off of it and evac asap. That said:

Shannon to L23 [visit] and canto to I24
    Alberich to L11 [visit] and canto to J12
    Colver to Q17 [visit]
    Corvis to S13
    Adel to H20

Reasoning:
    The Javelin skeleton with 11ATT did 2 damage to it (the wall), meaning it has 9def. In comparisson, the Iron Lance skeleton has 3STR, so it'll do 1 (3+7-1) damage and the highest ATT enemies (5STR+Lance // 4STR+Axe) have 12ATT and will do 3 damage.

At 50HP per section (unless all the crumbling walls share the same HP total, and even then...), we have (at least) 5+ rounds to do whatever we feel like. Personally I like getting rewards. A lot.

Even if they get through, we'll be far enough that if we haven't gotten away yet, we can just do a fighting retreat between buildings (so we can't get swarmed to death) until Shannon escapes.

18. - Top - End - #18

I agree with Sairyu's plan, we can fight if we want to after we get the civilans out.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Both plans have Shannon, Alberich and Adel doing the same thing, so they'll go into effect once I get home, unless the players say otherwise. Colver's player wants him at the wall, so unless he changes his mind, he'll stay there. The jury's out on Corvis, though.

I wouldn't worry about getting xp here, either. You'll be getting swarms of weak (25 stat point) enemies for the first few maps. After map 3 or 4, theyll be built with the party's average stat point total. They'll get gradually stronger after that, but none of the mooks will ever have more than 10 stat points over the player with the highest stat total.
    Last edited by Herpestidae; 2012-07-06 at 10:55 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20

It would have been fun to see "Glaive" evacuate people, though I'd imagine he would shunt his orders in favor of violence. Oh well, them's the breaks for being lazy.
    ~ZA

Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

21. - Top - End - #21

They'll get gradually stronger after that, but none of the mooks will ever have more than 10 stat points over the player with the highest stat total.
    Mooks that are stronger then us? This scares me.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll go ahead and withdraw my plan. Its probably better for us to play it safe anyway and focus on escaping/visiting. So I say Sairyu's plan is a go for me too.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

I need to roll things. Can't say what they're for.

(25d8)[6][4][8][5][8][5][8][2][6][1][5][6][3][3][3][3][1][7][7][7][8][7][2][1][2](118)
    (25d8)[1][4][1][5][3][7][2][8][1][7][2][2][6][3][1][7][7][4][6][7][5][5][7][2][7](110)
    (25d8)[1][8][6][8][8][5][3][1][7][1][1][4][6][4][4][6][8][7][2][6][5][2][3][4][3](113)
    (25d8)[3][4][2][2][6][5][8][3][7][6][4][1][5][8][4][2][6][4][2][6][4][5][7][5][1](110)
    (25d8)[6][1][1][6][8][1][5][2][7][6][2][1][2][8][1][8][8][3][4][5][8][8][1][8][3](113)
    (25d8)[8][4][1][2][6][1][1][7][2][1][1][8][8][7][5][1][4][1][5][2][1][2][1][4][6](89)
    (30d8)[1][5][2][7][5][2][7][7][7][5][8][5][2][2][7][2][6][5][7][5][7][4][7][8][6][8][2][7][8][2](156)
    (40d8)[1][7][8][2][6][4][8][7][6][2][5][4][5][7][8][5][4][5][2][5][8][8][8][6][5][2][3][5][7][1][7][1][3][7][8][1][8][5][3][2](199)
    Last edited by Herpestidae; 2012-07-07 at 06:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

I need to roll things. Can't say what they're for.

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    [roll6]
    [roll10]
    I am terrified.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Don't be. The big numbers at the end are all bark and no bite.

26. - Top - End - #26

The good gamer is always terrified when the game master rolls numbers and doesn't say what they are for.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

@Herpestidae: Words are wind.

I'll stop being terrified when the game is over, lol.

28. - Top - End - #28

Question. Starting next turn who wants to escort the civilians to the escape point. I wouldn't put it pass Herp to spawn some zombies in between where we are, and there.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

You'll have enough information to figure it out in two turns.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Question. Starting next turn who wants to escort the civilians to the escape point. I wouldn't put it pass Herp to spawn some zombies in between where we are, and there.
    I suppose I can do it, although it should be people with more CON than that(for rescuing purposes). I think we need to keep the two mounted characters as mobile as possible, since they have the easiest time getting to the houses.