Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Zombie Apocalypse OOC

So this game grew a plot while I wasn't looking. And I'd feel bad about just handing out S-Rank tomes for just Wind and Water. So basically, if we don't get more players, I'll allow you guys the option to make a second character. You don't have to if you don't want to, but it would ease my troubled mind.

Also, what's the status on the plan.
    Last edited by Herpestidae; 2012-09-04 at 06:38 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Any of the Toshi brigade that are still alive run away, and we follow the Sairyu plan in the last post of the last page for the rest of us.

And sure, just tell me when I can make a second character.
    A pokemon emerald nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212805 Complete.
    Blazing hate a Fire red nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222017
    Fire emblem 7 Nuzlocke inspired http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240176 Complete

Fire emblem avatar by Water_and_Wind

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpriest
    Since a Druid is really hard to screw up bar the player taking asynergistic choices. Since summon more bears is always decent

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ooh, I'd be for making a second character.

Fire Emblem Spritesman Inna Playground - Let me know if you set up a game!

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

As would I. Unfortunately, I blew my creativity utterly on Zombie Mcdeadguy. I'll think of a new idea as I bloodify those zombie sprites for you.
    Spoiler
    Show

Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

And updatey-date.

The Food system is gonna be important, because thanks to the Zombies everywhere, Gold isn't really gonna be as important as food and medicine. IE, at some point, your gold will be borderline useless, and a barter-type system is going to come into play.

And you can't really say you had food at the start of the map, at least, not enough for everyone; the stop is for supplies, after all .

Now who wants to help me work out the food usage per character per day? All I can gather is that a Low Con unit wouldn't need as much food as High Coin Unit, since Constitution comes into play more often as how heavy a character is, rather than how strong.

Then there's taking into account the food for the mounts. Just by looking at it, Wyvern> Hellbeast >=Pegasus>Horse in terms of how much each would eat, right?

Discuss.

6. - Top - End - #96

Okay Shannon moves to B11 and visits then cantos to B12

Adel moves to E18

Covris moves to K8

Alberich moves to D12

Colver moves to J8 and starts building up support points with Corvis.

Ah okay. I think we should balance it out, by how long you want the food to list.

Also what is a unit of food?
    Last edited by Illven; 2012-09-11 at 02:54 PM.
    A pokemon emerald nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212805 Complete.
    Blazing hate a Fire red nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222017
    Fire emblem 7 Nuzlocke inspired http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240176 Complete

Since a Druid is really hard to screw up bar the player taking asynergistic choices. Since summon more bears is always decent

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Ah okay. I think we should balance it out, by how long you want the food to list.

Also what is a unit of food?
    Yay, now I get to spend three days figuring out how to not-break a mechanic I just thought of!

Originally, I figured a unit would be some ~vaguely defined~ amount of food that the average person eats on a daily basis.

But it would make things a lot easier if a Unit was 500 Calories instead of "A days' worth."

So with that in mind, since we had 50 Days worth initially and assuming a 2,000 Calorie average, that would be 100,000 Calories worth of food. Then with the new conversion rate, that makes it 200 Units. Makes things a bit easier.

I'm officially declaring that Average CON between 6 and 8. So you need 4 Units of food, -1 for every point of Con below 6, or +1 for every point above 8. So playing a Low-Con Character helps logistically, but not so much in battle.

Now to work out the rates for the animals. Any ideas? I know that Wyverns and Probably Hellbeasts would be carnivorous, and Horses and Pegasi would find grass to eat, occasionally. A Wyvern is basically "bulkier Pegasus," so it makes sense that a Wyvern needs more than a Pegasus. Pegasus is "Horse with Wings" so they'd need more than a horse.

So where does Hellbeast fit? It's more or less "Skinny Horse With more Move," so it wouldn't need as much as a horse, but at the same time, they're carnivorous like Wyverns, so they'd logically need more than a horse.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Herpestidae; 2012-09-11 at 03:35 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground

This food system horribly disincentives my character. Average should be 8-10, because mercenaries, the average man, are usually in that range. Also, I think half more for each point away from there would be better, rounding up because whatever. Ridden creatures, to again not penalize people for playing a class, should be an additional 1-2. I mean, this is fire emblem, and we are facing zombies, is the goal realism or balance?
    ~ZA

Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeltArruin View Post
    This food system horribly disincentives my character. Average should be 8-10, because mercenaries, the average man, are usually in that range. Also, I think half more for each point away from there would be better, rounding up because whatever. Ridden creatures, to again not penalize people for playing a class, should be an additional 1-2. I mean, this is fire emblem, and we are facing zombies, is the goal realism or balance?
    Technically speaking, It's already put at 1/4 more per point, assuming a 4-Units-per-day average, though I guess making 8 Con the average makes more sense.

And screw it, Horses and Pegasuses find Grass somewhere, and Wyverns and Hellbeasts eat the dead bodies. These are Magical Zombies, not Biological ones, so it's safe.

And while I'm here, Wyverns are Weak to Ice Magic because Lizards and cold blood and stuff makes more sense. Since Hellbeasts were originally weak to Ice, they take the Wyvern's Lightning weakness instead.

As per the realism thing... Kind of? I mean, when the Zombies come to town and start wrecking everything, people are going to care more directly about survival. They're not going to go buy food from the store, they're going to loot it. And then once people start getting cut up and stuff, they're gonna need Vulneraries just to stay alive, most times, so the "cost" of a Vulnerary is pretty much going to skyrocket, nudge nudge wink wink.
    Last edited by Herpestidae; 2012-09-11 at 03:43 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100

What are the penalties for not eating?

11. - Top - End - #101

What are the penalties for not eating?
    Double posting
    ~ZA

Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

12. - Top - End - #102

About food units/day, how does that translate into battle maps; do we need to consume additional food/round, or is it going to be an off-screen thing? If we need to eat during battle, well...

"Red warrior needs food! Badly!"

Okay Shannon moves to B11 and visits then cantos to B12
    Adel moves to E18
    Covris moves to K8
    Alberich moves to D12
    Colver moves to J8 and starts building up support points with Corvis.

Ah okay. I think we should balance it out, by how long you want the food to list. Also what is a unit of food?
    Proposed changes:
    • Shannon moves to D8
    • Alberich moves to D12
    • Adel moves to D18

Adel can't actually move to E18 (it's 6 squares away). Otherwise this gets Shannon to the evac area quicker. If you're concerned about civilians escaping, any civilian spawns from that house will reach the evac point at the same time as the civilians from the B19 house, if not sooner.

Query: Do we need to wait for all civilians to evacuate before ending the map, or is it going to be enough that they're out of their houses? I get the feeling that it's the former... Well, if it is, we might as well just go with Illven's plan, since there's no point trying to rush Shannon over.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sairyu View Post
    Query: Do we need to wait for all civilians to evacuate before ending the map, or is it going to be enough that they're out of their houses? I get the feeling that it's the former... Well, if it is, we might as well just go with Illven's plan, since there's no point trying to rush Shannon over.
    Visiting all the houses will result in the completion of the third goal.

14. - Top - End - #104

Quote Originally Posted by Sairyu View Post
    About food units/day, how does that translate into battle maps; do we need to consume additional food/round, or is it going to be an off-screen thing? If we need to eat during battle, well...

"Red warrior needs food! Badly!"

Proposed changes:
    • Shannon moves to D8
    • Alberich moves to D12
    • Adel moves to D18

Adel can't actually move to E18 (it's 6 squares away). Otherwise this gets Shannon to the evac area quicker. If you're concerned about civilians escaping, any civilian spawns from that house will reach the evac point at the same time as the civilians from the B19 house, if not sooner.

I meant to make that Adel's move.

Do we get bonus xp for others escaping before Shannon?
    Last edited by Illven; 2012-09-11 at 07:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

I meant to make that Adel's move.

Do we get bonus xp for others escaping before Shannon?
    Once the map ends, you will receive loot/goodies from the houses that the Player Team evacuated.
    Last edited by Herpestidae; 2012-09-11 at 07:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    Once the map ends, you will receive loot/goodies from the houses that the Player Team evacuated.
    No, what I mean is like if Adel leaves before Shannon, do we get bonus xp?

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

No, what I mean is like if Adel leaves before Shannon, do we get bonus xp?
    No. And Letters

18. - Top - End - #108

No. And Letters
    Ah then let's go with Sairyu's revision.

19. - Top - End - #109

Kobold

Well, this looks fun. Room for one more? Perhaps a hellrider?
    Proud Member of the United States Army
    (even if it means I never get to post...)

I am contemplating changing my username this summer. Be prepared.

Behold the man who read all 831 OOTS strips that existed at the time in four days!

To be revived this summer:
    Light, Shadow, and Legend: a Pokemon Ruby Nuzlocke
    To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

There is always room.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Herp, how does the crunch for Alba which I posted in the Recruiting thread look?

22. - Top - End - #112

Kobold

Here's the mechanical end of things.

Name:
    Class: Hellrider
    Level: 1
    Exp: 0

HP: 22/22
    {table]Atr|Val|Gro
    HP|11|60%
    Str|7|50%
    Skl|7|55%
    Spd|8|65%
    Luk|5|35%
    Def|4|40%
    Res|2|20%[/table]

Mov: 8
    Con: 9

Lance: E (0/20)

Inventory:
    {table]Item|Use
    Iron Lance|50/50
    Vulnerary|3/3[/table]

Personality:

Backstory:
    Last edited by YakYak; 2012-09-17 at 09:37 AM.

Behold the man who read all 831 OOTS strips that existed at the time in four days!

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

@ Ascaloth: You've got 5 more stat points then you should have, but everything else checks out.

@YayYak: HP growth is worth twice as much as you pay; you've still got 30% more growths to add, unless you're saying you want 120% HP Growth, which is overkill and I'd advise you to change it anyway. Trust me, anything more than 70% HP growth is unnecessary.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay Herp, I took 5 stat points off Alba.

25. - Top - End - #115

Kobold

@ Ascaloth: You've got 5 more stat points then you should have, but everything else checks out.

@YayYak: HP growth is worth twice as much as you pay; you've still got 30% more growths to add, unless you're saying you want 120% HP Growth, which is overkill and I'd advise you to change it anyway. Trust me, anything more than 70% HP growth is unnecessary.
    Oops, forgot that part! Well, that solves a few issues right there.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

Just wanted to say that I'm still here, even if I'm reallllly quiet.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

@Nyna,

You still on for Sairyu's game?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

You bet, and I'm incredibly happy that I'm not in on this map, lol. Ballistae would completely obliterate poor Erinn into nonexistence.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

LOL, true that. It's already hard enough for the current party to avoid getting obliterated themselves.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Did we settle on movement for turn 6?
    Dragonborn Warlock by Kymme.
    I am currently restricted to use of only my left hand. This may affect my posting quality and frequency for the next 6 weeks minimum.

Anime Fightan Magick, A Rules Light Anime Roleplay System

Guide to the PoW Stalker|Guide to the PoW Warlord

The Bladesworn, A Magus Prestige Class|The Bushi: a NEW ToB/Pow Base Class