Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Zombie Apocalypse OOC

I think we're looking for a yes from you, actually.

And while I'm here, If hunt doesn't show up before map 2 is ready, Corvis is going onto a secondary Waiting list, along with Alberich (Penguinator says he's not exactly ready to join, yet, but I didn't want to just poof him away and replace him with Glaive). In either case, both Glaive and May are going to be in Map 2, and depending on whether Corvis is still MIA, Duke could possibly get recruited as well.
    Last edited by Herpestidae; 2012-09-19 at 11:27 AM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I think we're looking for a yes from you, actually.

And while I'm here, If hunt doesn't show up before map 2 is ready, Corvis is going onto a secondary Waiting list, along with Alberich (Penguinator says he's not exactly ready to join, yet, but I didn't want to just poof him away and replace him with Glaive). In either case, both Glaive and May are going to be in Map 2, and depending on whether Corvis is still MIA, Duke could possibly get recruited as well.
    Okie dokie. I'm actually fine with the gameplan. If I don't respond after 2 days, just assume I'm good with the plan. Sometimes I get really busy and can't check in on the game.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Actually, if we could retcon so that Alberich wasn't there, and he gets recruited the next map, that would be great. I've almost finished his portrait.

Edit: That being said, his characterization borrows heavily from Joshua, which is why having him as a recruited (preferably enemy, but he could be neutral, I don't care) unit is preferable. I have no in-character reason for him to begin with a party, as he has always worked solo before.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-09-19 at 07:20 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Aaand... update.

Alberich has been replaced with John Doe, some guy on a horse.

Yeah, John's always been there. You just didn't know it.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's a changeling!

John Doe visits the house at [B11], completing the optional objectives, and then cantos to wherever [D11].

The only other "important" move is Shannon to [H5], so we can end the map next turn.

Everyone else just moves towards the evac tiles as far as they can.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Firbolg in the Playground

Shouldn't we have 200 food?
    A pokemon emerald nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212805 Complete.
    Blazing hate a Fire red nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222017
    Fire emblem 7 Nuzlocke inspired http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240176 Complete

Fire emblem avatar by Water_and_Wind

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpriest
    Since a Druid is really hard to screw up bar the player taking asynergistic choices. Since summon more bears is always decent

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Is there anybody on the map that's wounded? If so Colver's going to go and heal them.

So have Colver move to N9 and heal Bob

8. - Top - End - #128

Come to think of it, what's the final ruling on food consumption/penalties?

Edit: You know what:
    John Doe visits [B11] then Cantos to [D12]
    Adel moves to [E12] and takes John Doe's stuff (trades for Bow & Vulnerary)
    Shannon moves to [H5]
    Colver moves to [N9] and heals Bob [O9]
    Corvis moves to [N8] and gives Colver some moral support*

*maybe gets in a dress or something, I don't really know.
    Edit: holy crap:
    Quote Originally Posted by Emblem.doc
    Enemy Terrain Disadvantage
    When an enemy is standing on a certain tile, Attacks against that enemy will, at the player’s option [one of the following]:
    • do an extra +5 Damage
    • gain an extra +15% accuracy
    • have an increased chance of inflicting a status effect (if applicable).
    +5 damage is brutal and I'm now terrified of every terrain type except for 'plains', 'ruins', 'column', and 'fort' O o;
    Last edited by Sairyu; 2012-09-23 at 07:46 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sairyu View Post
    +5 damage is brutal and I'm now terrified of every terrain type except for 'plains', 'ruins', 'column', and 'fort' O o;
    Fear is good. There's Zombies afoot after all.

Food Chart commencing in a bit.

{table]CON|Food Consumed Per day (Units)
    <6|2
    7|3
    8-10|4
    11|5
    12|6
    13|7
    >14|8[/table]
    Last edited by Herpestidae; 2012-09-23 at 09:03 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130

Assuming those villagers are in the 6-10CON range, we're going to go through our stock real fast. Let's see:
    • Our party consumes... 11 [food] per day +3 if we include Alberich/John Doe
    • The Toshi Brigade consumes... 12 [food] per day
    • There are currently... 18 NPCs (9 on map, 9 escaped). I expect two more to file out of the last house, just to make it a round number. If I assume an average CON of 7, or, 3 [food] per day, that's an estmated 60 [food] per day for non-contributing NPCs.

Totaled up, that's ~86 [food] per day.

So, that 200 [food] will last us about 2.3 days (7 'normal' meals) before we have to play the hunger game/s. Hopefully they brought some supplies of their own, but I wouldn't count too much on it; 2.3 days worth of food (for ~30 people) is actually quite a bit more than I'd expect to be able to bring out of a village in such a rushed timeframe.

With half-rations, I think we could stretch it out to 5-6 days with no particularly terrible effects, so we're not too screwed here.

... Or we can kill them all and not have to worry about logistics for a while starve to death.

If I were the DM though, I'd start to make [food] spoil after a certain amount of time, just because. So tradeoffs, I guess.

----------

Edit: Which brings us back to the topic of hunger penalties: what are they?
    Last edited by Sairyu; 2012-09-24 at 12:08 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131

Assuming those villagers are in the 6-10CON range, we're going to go through our stock real fast. Let's see:
    • Our party consumes... 11 [food] per day +3 if we include Alberich/John Doe
    • The Toshi Brigade consumes... 12 [food] per day
    • There are currently... 18 NPCs (9 on map, 9 escaped). I expect two more to file out of the last house, just to make it a round number. If I assume an average CON of 7, or, 3 [food] per day, that's an estmated 60 [food] per day for non-contributing NPCs.

Totaled up, that's ~86 [food] per day.

So, that 200 [food] will last us about 2.3 days (7 'normal' meals) before we have to play the hunger game/s. Hopefully they brought some supplies of their own, but I wouldn't count too much on it; 2.3 days worth of food (for ~30 people) is actually quite a bit more than I'd expect to be able to bring out of a village in such a rushed timeframe.

With half-rations, I think we could stretch it out to 5-6 days with no particularly terrible effects, so we're not too screwed here.

... Or we can kill them all and not have to worry about logistics for a while starve to death.

If I were the DM though, I'd start to make [food] spoil after a certain amount of time, just because. So tradeoffs, I guess.

----------

Edit: Which brings us back to the topic of hunger penalties: what are they?
    And if we're not too worried about our alignment we can eat the dead villagers
    A pokemon emerald nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212805 Complete.
    Blazing hate a Fire red nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222017
    Fire emblem 7 Nuzlocke inspired http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240176 Complete

Since a Druid is really hard to screw up bar the player taking asynergistic choices. Since summon more bears is always decent

12. - Top - End - #132

"What's a "morals"? Is it something that we eat?"

Well, lets wait for the verdict on this one.
    Last edited by Sairyu; 2012-09-24 at 12:21 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm just going to copy Alba's profile here so it doesn't get lost in the Recruitment thread.

Alba "the Owl" Tyto, Survivalist [Thief (Bow)]
    Affinity: Plant
    Items: Fire Bow, Vulnerary

"There's two types of people in this world; those who are prepared for anything just like myself, and those who are too foolish and naive to do the same. These days, I have to keep putting down the rotting husks of the latter."

{table]Stat|Points|Growth
    HP|10(20)|40(80)
    STR|5|35
    SKL|6|50
    SPD|6|45
    LCK|4|45
    DEF|2|35
    RES|2|35[/table]
    CON: 7
    MOV: 5
    Special: Trick Arrows

Appearance

Spoiler
    Show
    Not many people alive know what "the Owl" looks like, for a very good reason. This is because Alba Tyto takes the utmost pains to remain unseen in his hunting grounds; he almost always wears a dark green hood and cape, in which he has stuck a great deal of leaves and shrubs. Such a getup would make him look silly anywhere else, but in the leafy woods where his territory is? The only sign you'd see of him is the arrow which he just put between your eyes.

For the few whom Alba has consented to see his face (and there are few indeed), "the Owl" is a lean and grizzled outdoorsman with pale skin, silver-gray hair, and an unshaven face. Most intriguing of all are his striking golden-yellow eyes which have earned him the moniker, apart from the unusually keen eyesight which have made him a deadly sharpshooter.

Personality

Spoiler
    Show
    Ever paranoid about every possible threat around the corner, Alba hates committing to anything unless he has at least two escape plans should things go awry. "The Owl" would just as soon shoot any undead as look at them, and even to unturned living humans, he is curt and sharp with his tongue, holding them in contempt for their 'lethal ignorance' of survival strategies, as he perceives it. Not exactly the most personable individual around; it is very possible that his loner nature is what drove him to his paranoid survivalist mindset, or perhaps it is the other way around.

Background

Spoiler
    Show
    A paranoid survivalist to the core, Alba always knew that the world would go to hell in a hurry any time now, and has spent a lifetime preparing for the day civilization would collapse. To that effect, he has constructed his own personal bolthole in a grotto out in the woods, stocked with enough hardtack, salted jerky, water supplies and hunting equipment to last him a while. This has earned him a fair amount of ridicule in the past, but "the Owl" couldn't care less about the ignorant opinions of city-slickers.

Then the zombie apocalypse happened, validating his paranoia. Escaping to the bolthole he had painstakingly built while the wave of undead threatened everything, today Alba spends his days drawing water, hunting and gathering food to replenish his stocks, and taking down any stray undead which happened upon his part of the woods.

On that note, depending on what Herp wants to do for Alba's recruitment, it could possibly be a boon for the party, if only because his bolt hole will have stocks of hard tack, which should boost the stocks a little.

I wonder whether I should ask Herp to give Alba a 'Hunting' passive Special as well; every turn, he has a chance to meet a Random Encounter of a wild game animal which he can attack, and if successful will net the party a small increase in food supplies.
    Last edited by Ascaloth; 2012-09-29 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Adding Sairyu's sprite

14. - Top - End - #134

"What's a "morals"? Is it something that we eat?"

Well, lets wait for the verdict on this one.
    No, that's morsels

15. - Top - End - #135

I think that 'mortals' also works.

To offset Alba's utility, Adel must purchase the [Big Eater] character trait, which allows him to consume above his weight class! 'cuz that's, ya'know, what all JRPG protagonists do, yeah?

16. - Top - End - #136

I think that 'mortals' also works.

To offset Alba's utility, Adel must purchase the [Big Eater] character trait, which allows him to consume above his weight class! 'cuz that's, ya'know, what all JRPG protagonists do, yeah?
    I thought that was (shonen not sure if correct word) anime?

17. - Top - End - #137

Yeah, it's a shonen trope. You caught me. :"P

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

The penalty for running out of food is a scavenging map. We're going full-on Oregon Trail WITH ZOMBIES up in here.
    Last edited by Herpestidae; 2012-09-24 at 06:29 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Updated. And maps now look super official.

20. - Top - End - #140

Corvis moves to [N3]
    Colver moves to [N4] and buffs Corvis [N3]
    John Doe [D12] rescues Adel and cantos to [G8]
    Shannon moves to [E1] and escapes (ends the map?)

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Shannon's Escape will end the Map right there (think of it as her "seizing" the escape tile). But it's still up to you if you want to take a whack a a couple of the skeletons for some XP

22. - Top - End - #142

I'd personally like more party members (from the next map) sooner.

Taking 1-2 shots isn't a notable EXP gain (~20 EXP) and getting in range for >1 shot pretty much means getting swarmed down.

Besides, the only people in range are Colver & Corvis. Colver is already going to get EXP for buffing and Corvis' PC is MIA and probably not going to be joining us for map 2+, making grinding EXP on him unattractive.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

I... am needing a battle sprite for Alba. >_>

24. - Top - End - #144

Is he a thief or an archer again?

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

He's a thief.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Technically, he's a thief with a bow.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

"It is rather a matter of skill. Skill and luck. But much more skill."

Edit: Those are actually his worst stats, by the way...

Anyway, there's his face. Battle sprite on the way.

And I stopped caring about the age gap when I started shipping Nino and Jaffar. (I finally got a copy of FE7)
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-09-24 at 10:43 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

28. - Top - End - #148

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post

"It is rather a matter of skill. Skill and luck. But much more skill."

Edit: Those are actually his worst stats, by the way...

Anyway, there's his face. Battle sprite on the way.

And I stopped caring about the age gap when I started shipping Nino and Jaffar. (I finally got a copy of FE7)
    Nice! And isn't Jaffar acutally not that much older then Nino

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

That's Carlyle in a colour-swapped version of Joshua's clothes, no?

I get the feeling a lot of people here like Joshua.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Actually, he's still in Carlyle's clothes. But with Innes' quiver, Joshua's hat, and Priscilla's feather.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.