New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    The game based on that 8-bit commercial has now been released, use the code " HUBMLP8BIT" to gain access.
    For an official game, it's.... surprisingly good. Fluttershy is pretty overpowered, though on the other hand/hoof you need to unlock her first..
    Applejack is the most godly imo. That kick...just...that kick.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    I think i need a strategy guide for Discord.
    Come with at least two lives. Problem solved. You can thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    It lets a unicorn stand on clouds.
    Twilight prepared many cloudwalking spells that day.

Also, playing that game has convinced me. The lich was right. Superpowers, everywhere.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    A Unicorn never arrives late for a date, he always arrives exactly as planned. Besides, the fic can focus around the use of time magic by Starswirl to get all the booty calls. ALL of them.
    PROPHET OF THE SHIPPING GODDESS'S JUDGEMENT:
    Funf it. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    That would make for an interesting conspiracy. Having made up that article specifically to drum up attention on the boards and thus propel MLP: FiM into the spotlight where it becomes popular. XD
    Waaay too xanatosian. Only accepting it if a stable time loop is involved.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Nice pictures by the way, though I don't really get the point of Luna having a separate set of armor when she can magic up her nightmare moon set if she needs it.
    Can she? Was that a transformation or an illusion? Or something else, I suppose, but that'd get unnecessarily complicated.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Troll in the Playground

and made rarity a twilight re-skin.

discord guide:
    if ranged. wait for him to land, and immediately jump away from him. you'll get to shoot him before he takes off.
    (you can also hit him as he lands, but you have to be more careful not to get fireballed)

if melee. run up, spam attack at him, he'll die first.

RD has to hit him as he lands then dodge away.
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-07-12 at 08:45 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanks all for the input. A lot of people I never considered. I still have an idea on what to do for my fic but wow. Prince Blueblood has to be the most awesome one I saw though.
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Wise words from Tara Strong:
    The lady speaks truth!
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Applejack is the most godly imo. That kick...just...that kick.
    Fluttershy's stare does as much damage... and she FLIES.

I beat gilda with her without taking damage.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    What?! Outrageous!

You know, this sort of application practically screams "web app" to me. A bit of basic HTML and Javascript would do it easy as pie (add a server script if you want to get fancy and have an actual database of characters), works on just about any platform and can be accessed anywhere there's a connection.
    I would go that route... Even set up a database and a way to enter a link for the image, instead of having a folder with pictures, but unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by fizmat View Post
    I'm not saying I would do it, because I prefer to leave my grave undug yet. But if I was to do it, I'd use Python (it's addicting and easy, and I'm lazy too), make the whole thing a webservice (who would want to install a ship-generator these days?) and get the pony list by parsing the wiki (because I'm to lazy to organize my own data too).
    aaah... ok. Thats actually a good idea, but it's been ages since I have made web parsing apps, also it would make it quite slower...
    The only thing is that it doesn't look like there is that much interest in having an app like it, just a couple of playgrounders; Do you ponies think it has potential for use?

The game based on that 8-bit commercial has now been released, use the code " HUBMLP8BIT" to gain access.
    For an official game, it's.... surprisingly good. Fluttershy is pretty overpowered, though on the other hand/hoof you need to unlock her first..
    I need to download this!

Edit:BUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! It's broken now, either the servers have been overrun by bronies that are not doing their job (like me) or it's really broken, hopefully someone made a backup...

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    And then there's Trolla Strong (wide image):
    Spoiler
    Show

TIARA...WHY?!

Also Anarion I enjoyed your dissertation on Trademarks & Copyrights, it's always interesting to read on important laws of other countries. Down here, unless the infractor is a big company (which never happens), you have to practically shoot down (as in, with a gun) your copycats.
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-12 at 10:57 AM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Applejack is so boring!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    I would go that route... Even set up a database and a way to enter a link for the image, instead of having a folder with pictures, but unfortunately...

aaah... ok. Thats actually a good idea, but it's been ages since I have made web parsing apps, also it would make it quite slower...
    The only thing is that it doesn't look like there is that much interest in having an app like it, just a couple of playgrounders; Do you ponies think it has potential for use?
    Why not make it a collaboratively edited thing? Let people add characters and images, that way you don't have to bother with the data/wiki parsing except maybe the first and most common ones?

Edit: If you don't feel like doing it, I could probably whip up something like this tomorrow.
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-07-12 at 11:36 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Orc in the Playground

Why not make it a collaboratively edited thing? Let people add characters and images, that way you don't have to bother with the data/wiki parsing except maybe the first and most common ones?

Edit: If you don't feel like doing it, I could probably whip up something like this tomorrow.
    That was my idea, set up an admin page that accesed the database for those who wanted to help.
    In the database I was thinking of three fields: Name, Image link, Pony (Boolean) . This way we can have images set up from the internet and not require a local hosting.

I liked the idea of doing it, but if there is no much audience for it then it seems silly to do it. I was looking for a webhost that supported database and ASP.
    If you wanted to do it, on what platform would you do it?
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-12 at 12:01 PM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

That was my idea, set up an admin page that accesed the database for those who wanted to help.
    In the database I was thinking of three fields: Name, Image link, Pony (Boolean) . This way we can have images set up from the internet and not require a local hosting.

I liked the idea of doing it, but if there is no much audience for it then it seems silly to do it. I was looking for a webhost that supported database and ASP.
    If you wanted to do it, on what platform would you do it'
    Well, I already have a host that I don't use for a whole lot else, and as long as it's not going to draw huge amounts of traffic anyway it shouldn't be a problem.

I don't have any experience in ASP, for web I work mainly in PHP.

13. - Top - End - #1063

having trouble beating Discord with AJ, maybe it's just the keyboard set up, but having a hard time placing that kick.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

14. - Top - End - #1064

Ohhh, my goodness, that game. Applejack is not feeling as useful as the first two, but I just managed to two-shot Gilda with her without taking a hit. Not exactly looking forward to AJ vs. Discord, but...

Edit: I say that, and then it's with the other Earth Pony, Pinkie, that I set my highest overall score and don't lose a life until Discord. Though Fluttershy's the only one who beat Discord himself without dying.
    Last edited by Kd7sov; 2012-07-12 at 12:31 PM.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ettin in the Playground

Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-07-12 at 01:52 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    All this talk of shipping has put a rather silly idea in my head: Iron Will goes to Rarity for dating advice. Hilarity and vast amounts of ham ensue. Is this by any chance a thing that exists?
    i am not sure the internetuniverse could handle that much concentrated ham

somehow work Shatner into it and you would have a 100% chance of
    hampocalypse

I am more intrigued by this..
    http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...n-on-epic.html
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-07-12 at 01:33 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Can she? Was that a transformation or an illusion? Or something else, I suppose, but that'd get unnecessarily complicated.
    I'm guessing an illusion spell she knows? She did need false teeth for it, though maybe that was to help get the "Accent" right?
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

I'm doing a bit of planning on this shipping generator (which needs a proper name), nothing serious yet, but I think it'd be nice if you can select which types of characters (earth, pegasi, unicorns, dragons, inanimate, etc) you want to ship as well as age and gender (mares, stallions, fillies and colts). Maybe some other options, like whether to have only straight ships.

And you could have all sorts of statistics.

I'm getting far too many ideas, aren't I?

@Zigg'rrauglurr Unless you want to do this, I'm just going to go ahead and continue with what I've got. I haven't done any programming in a while, it would be nice practice.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Orc in the Playground

I'm doing a bit of planning on this shipping generator (which needs a proper name), nothing serious yet, but I think it'd be nice if you can select which types of characters (earth, pegasi, unicorns, dragons, inanimate, etc) you want to ship as well as age and gender (mares, stallions, fillies and colts). Maybe some other options, like whether to have only straight ships.

And you could have all sorts of statistics.

I'm getting far too many ideas, aren't I?

@Zigg'rrauglurr Unless you want to do this, I'm just going to go ahead and continue with what I've got. I haven't done any programming in a while, it would be nice practice.
    Sure, go ahead, I got caught up in database disaster at work and barely could check the forum, nevermind get started on the webapp (also it's been ages since I worked in ASP.NET). If you need any help or ideas on anything drop me a PM.

I'll post the basic GUI I was planning.

Edit: This is the basic GUI I was going to implement:

The "Databound" parts would be filled with information from the characters.

But if you want you can make a series of checkmarks for "type":
    - Earth Pony
    - Unicorn Pony
    - Pegasi Pony
    - Alicorn
    - Changeling
    - Dragon/Serpent
    - Sentient
    - Alive
    - Inanimate
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-12 at 02:09 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Troll in the Playground

This only confirms that Dash is best pony. Flight + charge = untouchable.

Also, the ponies slide too much. I kept sliding off of cliffs. Sorry AJ and Twi (it wasn't a problem with Rarity, probably because I was used to it by then).
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Troll in the Playground

I've just had a... i don't know what. I realized how insane it is that I'm absolutely giddy over the proespect of more MLP songs.

I think I may have gone beyond ponysanity into something entirely new.
    queue head trip
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    This only confirms that Dash is best pony. Flight + charge = untouchable.

Also, the ponies slide too much. I kept sliding off of cliffs. Sorry AJ and Twi (it wasn't a problem with Rarity, probably because I was used to it by then).
    The game is not working for me!!! I can't access it after putting the code...

Anyone could provide a direct link to the flash, or even download the game and email it... PRetty pleeeeseeee

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

Sure, go ahead, I got caught up in database disaster at work and barely could check the forum, nevermind get started on the webapp (also it's been ages since I worked in ASP.NET). If you need any help or ideas on anything drop me a PM.

I'll post the basic GUI I was planning.

Edit: This is the basic GUI I was going to implement:
    This is my basic GUI right now. I'll probably make it look nicer (maybe with some graphics) and possibly add a few things, but I think it covers most options.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

I always forget to subscribe... *grumble grumble*
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The best part isn't the ponies. The best part is that for just $5 bucks you can buy an all day pass and go anywhere in town.

San Diego has wonderful public transit. Well having any is beating average for America. Gotta move back there one day.

Also ponies.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Orc in the Playground

This is my basic GUI right now. I'll probably make it look nicer (maybe with some graphics) and possibly add a few things, but I think it covers most options.

Spoiler
    Show
    Looking good! Kudos for a good work!
    You seem to have everything under control...

I love how straight shipping is only optional...
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-12 at 03:21 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Titan in the Playground

Looking good! Kudos for a good work!
    You seem to have everything under control...

I love how straight shipping is only optional...
    Thanks

On a completely unrelated note, I was watching It's About Time again and I wondered ...

What would have happened if, after Spike messed up Twilight's mane, instead of going to see Madam Pinkie they had simply gone to Rarity and had her drag Twilight off to the spa to get a proper mane cut? Then Twilight wouldn't have had a messed up mane, so Future Twilight couldn't have looked like she did. If all she wanted was to change the future, that would have been a simple matter.

Also, what do you think would happen if Twilight ever tried to use the time travel spell again? Pinkie said it would only allow you to go back once. Will it simply fail, or ...

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks

On a completely unrelated note, I was watching It's About Time again and I wondered ...

What would have happened if, after Spike messed up Twilight's mane, instead of going to see Madam Pinkie they had simply gone to Rarity and had her drag Twilight off to the spa to get a proper mane cut? Then Twilight wouldn't have had a messed up mane, so Future Twilight couldn't have looked like she did. If all she wanted was to change the future, that would have been a simple matter.

Also, what do you think would happen if Twilight ever tried to use the time travel spell again? Pinkie said it would only allow you to go back once. Will it simply fail, or ...
    This:
    Spoiler
    Show

mmmh... It seems that ripping the 8Bit game from Hasbro is not that easy...
    This is the direct link: 8.bit, but when I download it, it doesn't work...perhaps it's trying to contact a website... It might need to be dissasembled... Let's see if anyone can make it work offline...
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-12 at 04:55 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Troll in the Playground

A sudden slowness to Ponythread.

Here, have some absolutely beautiful pictures I just found (large images):
    Spoiler
    Show

Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.