New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Howard Stern did a piece on Bronycon. Maturity Warning, it's Howard Stern what would you expect.

Of course he just showed it off as a horrible thing. I know that it's pretty much what he does, and why he still has a job. But the reason why I'm upset is that he just gave thousands of people(Millions?) the idea that the majority of bronies are depressed or cloppers.

Howard Stern
    They need one celebrity to come out.

We've had plenty... or do they not count as "Celebrities"?
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Might I request this interpretation of Starswirl the most Beared since we don't have a canonical appearance for him
    I was just thinking of leaving him without a portrait until he appears in the show.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Titan in the Playground

Fragging heck. Today's job was to hollow out that Jalyrkieon MBT.

It took me FIVE HOURS.

Ye gods that was an enormously long and tedious job; and I'm not convinced it's going to work. That as a ludicrously complicated shape to try and hollow, and I'm not going to to THAT again in a hurry.

I was hoping to get along and do my Dad's birthday present today as well, but no chance of that, I fear...

Listened to a lot of pony songs and stuff though...!

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Howard Stern did a piece on Bronycon. Maturity Warning, it's Howard Stern what would you expect.

Of course he just showed it off as a horrible thing. I know that it's pretty much what he does, and why he still has a job. But the reason why I'm upset is that he just gave thousands of people(Millions?) the idea that the majority of bronies are depressed or cloppers.

We've had plenty... or do they not count as "Celebrities"?
    I started listening to that and then stopped after a couple minutes. It's pretty stupid. I'm not really annoyed at Howard Stern because it's Howard Stern, what would you expect? But that first guy he interviewed, good god anonymous brony, how stupid can you get? Example spoiled in case people don't want to read about this stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is it not a tip off when the media interviewer is asking you how many times you've pleasured yourself to ponies and which part of the pony is most sexually attractive? Just say no comment and walk away.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    My time is coming.
    Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr
    Has "My Little Pony XLIX: Shipping is Magic" already been used as thread title, given the generator... right? right?
    In but ten threads, my domain shall come.
    I can't believe I didn't realize I spelled LIX in the roman numeral...

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    And I'm smiling anyway because today I learned that I still believe in love.
    You never stop believing in love, even if you're down. Love is out there, not only in the manner of a life-partner, but in friends, family and obviously ponies.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Always important to stay positive.

Have a few ponies, just because one can never get enough ponies
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is it me or Shining looks specially genderbent here...

On Howard Stern, as my mother always says:
    "Take it as from whom it comes"
    (I believe that would be the translation...)
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I started listening to that and then stopped after a couple minutes. It's pretty stupid. I'm not really annoyed at Howard Stern because it's Howard Stern, what would you expect? But that first guy he interviewed, good god anonymous brony, how stupid can you get? Example spoiled in case people don't want to read about this stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is it not a tip off when the media interviewer is asking you how many times you've pleasured yourself to ponies and which part of the pony is most sexually attractive? Just say no comment and walk away.
    I've always secretly hoped, in my heart of hearts, that one day an interviewer asks that question and gets told in lurid detail about the guy's Rarity Pillow and intimate details of the nine part clopfic he's writing.

We're going to get bad interviews every so often, let's at least get one that's memorably, amazingly, hilariously bad.

oh is it 3am hahaha

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Troll in the Playground

Might I request this interpretation of Starswirl the most Beared since we don't have a canonical appearance for him
    Except, yes we do:

Spoiler
    Show

Star Swirl already has 3 G4 toys with their own consistent appearance and art, that's as canon as we're going to get unless we get another 'historical' episode.

In other news, posting has been slow due to very sick ATM.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post

There's no such thing as bad publicity. Especially with ponies, history has shown it already.

The more people hear of ponies the quicker the Herd will grow.

I was just thinking of leaving him without a portrait until he appears in the show.
    That would in my mind be more dissonant since everyone else has one and all. At that point I'd say go for Twi's costume at least.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Except, yes we do:
    -snip-
    Star Swirl already has 3 G4 toys with their own consistent appearance and art, that's as canon as we're going to get unless we get another 'historical' episode.
    I sincerely doubt that that Star Swirl is the same as Star Swirl the Bearded. Where's her beard? Her robe? Where are the bells?
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Titan in the Playground

That would in my mind be more dissonant since everyone else has one and all. At that point I'd say go for Twi's costume at least.
    That's a good idea that I hadn't thought of. Fan art would stand out a bit too.

On Howard Stern, haven't seen the video and not even going to bother. I agree with Thanqol, though, it would be super fun to troll them. If done really well I'm sure it would be awesome.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    Is it me or Shining looks specially genderbent here...
    Eh, it's probably not intended. It's a scene from G Gundam where-

You know what, I'm gonna have to link it, because like everything else in G Gundam, if you read it from me, you're not going to believe it unless you already have seen it. Sadly, it's sorta the climax of the last episode, so it's kinda a super mega spoiler in case you ever want to watch the series. It's this.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    I sincerely doubt that that Star Swirl is the same as Star Swirl the Bearded. Where's her beard? Her robe? Where are the bells?
    The toys never come with with robes/fake beards/anything, and the art is of a toy. You could say the same about Trixie toy - no robe, no hat, no nothing.

But, even the joke about it being an important pre-classical pony mage points at this Star Swirl being the right one - the thing is, Star Swirl isn't new pony. She appeared in all four generations, and she always was female with (last 3 gens) broadly similar swirly cutie mark. If Hasbro decided to release her 3 times in G4 alone, then the look and all other things are already decided and aren't going to suddenly change.

Also, if someone with so crappy access to ponies and money issues as me can get one, that's the most widespread/accessible toy ever too :E

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Orc in the Playground

Except, yes we do:

Spoiler
    Show

Star Swirl, the bearded...
    *watches mare*
    *watches twilight fake beard*
    *watches mare*
    Bearded.....

CONFOUND THIS PONIES!

Also, this is SO true...
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Titan in the Playground

The toys never come with with robes/fake beards/anything, and the art is of a toy. You could say the same about Trixie toy - no robe, no hat, no nothing.

But, even the joke about it being an important pre-classical pony mage points at this Star Swirl being the right one - the thing is, Star Swirl isn't new pony. She appeared in all four generations, and she always was female with (last 3 gens) broadly similar swirly cutie mark. If Hasbro decided to release her 3 times in G4 alone, then the look and all other things are already decided and aren't going to suddenly change.

Also, if someone with so crappy access to ponies and money issues as me can get one, that's the most widespread/accessible toy ever too :E
    Except Twilight refers to Starswirl as "he" and "Father of the the Amniomorphic Spell"

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Troll in the Playground

Except Twilight refers to Starswirl as "he" and "Father of the the Amniomorphic Spell"
    how funny would it be if she was making the same mistake?
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

Lickety-Split was also a female in prior generations (he isn't now), though, so it's not at all unlikely that Star Swirl the Bearded was male in this conintuity.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was thinking the same thing. What if the books are wrong, maybe on purpose, so that Starswirl lived out the rest of her days in peace. Of course Princess Luna did remark on how well put the costume Twilight had and seeing how old Luna is it would be hard pressed for her to not know if Starswirl was a mare. Then again who knows.
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    Well, one thing I'm now wondering is whether we actually know he's a pony. Could be a goat, they tend to be more bearded than ponies (the fact that some Equestrian ponies have beards is pretty weird in the first place)

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    Pretty hilarious.

But I'm not convinced that Star Swirl lived out her life as a cross-dresser and was remembered as a colt in history books. Much simpler just to have two ponies with the same name at different times.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Troll in the Playground

I was thinking about the point, and both 'he' and 'father' are generic gender terms we use when we don't know the gender, we're not sure or don't care. I'd have more doubts, but Luna immediately recognized 'Star Swirl' done by Twilight, suggesting original looked similar.

I'd also have more doubts if the toy looked like 'we don't care' by marketing departments, but Star Swirl is one of just three non-Mane 6 pony toys with their own custom vector art (20+ others got recolors of Mane 6) and the fact she got releases in all major lines, including blind bags and wagon sets point out this pony is special in some regard. Like, being mentioned 3 times on animated show

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Troll in the Playground

I was thinking about the point, and both 'he' and 'father' are generic gender terms we use when we don't know the gender, we're not sure or don't care. I'd have more doubts, but Luna immediately recognized 'Star Swirl' done by Twilight, suggesting original looked similar.
    How does that follow?

I can immediately recognize, say, a Rainbow Dash costume, and we're not even ponies. Likewise with all the "sexy stormtroopers" or whatever that gets done at cons. Unique clothing = "oh hey, you're..."
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Troll in the Playground

I haven't seen the related episode(s?), but I believe it's well-established that magic can make facial hair, for what it's worth.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Troll in the Playground

How does that follow?

I can immediately recognize, say, a Rainbow Dash costume, and we're not even ponies. Likewise with all the "sexy stormtroopers" or whatever that gets done at cons. Unique clothing = "oh hey, you're..."
    Because the clothing is nowhere near to being unique to the setting like your examples are (heck, Trixie wore almost the same outfit...) and it's more like recognizing 'jeans and denim coat' or something like that as costume. Unless, of course, the wearer had some striking feature unlikely to be replicated in normal clothes.

Like being bearded mare

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Orc in the Playground

THANK YOU! I knew I heard something implying that StarSwirl was a he, but given that I thought RD was a colt until "Suited for Success", I knew I could be mistaken...

It is also entirely possible that a magic backlash at some point caused StarSwirl to grow a beard even tough she was a mare. Making the title entirely apt. I mean, a great mare wizard that happens to have a beard... It's obvious history would call her XXX the bearded
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-16 at 01:06 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    THANK YOU! I knew I heard something implying that StarSwirl was a he, but given that I thought RD was a colt until "Suited for Success", I knew I could be mistaken...
    Wow... really? Poor Dashie

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, watching a series without subtitles in a non native tongue, might be misleading sometimes...

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

hey, male dash is best gender bend.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Troll in the Playground

Because the clothing is nowhere near to being unique to the setting like your examples are (heck, Trixie wore almost the same outfit...) and it's more like recognizing 'jeans and denim coat' or something like that as costume. Unless, of course, the wearer had some striking feature unlikely to be replicated in normal clothes.

Like being bearded mare
    Yes, but did Trixie have bells? I think not!
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, but did Trixie have bells? I think not!
    I see you didn't... saw certain Christmas Trixie pic, then

You can GAZE IN AWE at the picture in question after on simple google search :P

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Titan in the Playground

Except, yes we do:

Spoiler
    Show

In other news, posting has been slow due to very sick ATM.
    I go by and will always go by the idea that it isn't canon until it shows up in the show. Also isn't Star Swirl supposed to be male? And have a beard? And bells?

Wow, Pinkie'd.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-07-16 at 01:16 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.