New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Even as the Doctor shouted his words Sophia drew her sword turning to face the exit to the left, the place where the moaning was loudest. Ship stood behind Sophia and the Doctor, even as the moaning on their right became louder.

"Fair warning? Zombies aren't exactly vulnerable to my powers."

Suddenly a gaunt figure leaps out of the shadows, only to be cut in half by Sophia's glowing blade. A lighter black light leapt from the undead and dissipated into the air.

The figure's lips were gone, only gnarled hands and yellowed adorned the incredibly gaunt form.

"Um, that's not a zombie."

Sophia didn't need to remember the Blur's words to know what the being she just killed was. "Ghoul!"

The Scraping of claws met the party's ears. The once dead had picked up the pace and they would here any moment. Only the path forward was silent, without a single sign of an undead, only the path with a wide gap from the trap Ship nearly set off.

"The hell's a ghoul??"
    New type of undead, just started showing up recently. Infects humans to make more. The Doctor grabbed the edge of the ledge as he explained what little he knew, then threw his back legs forward to bridge the gap. He then spread himself wide, creating a new floor. His red eyes glowed on the top, but he was spread flat. Go go go! I can't do this for long!
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    New type of undead, just started showing up recently. Infects humans to make more. The Doctor grabbed the edge of the ledge as he explained what little he knew, then threw his back legs forward to bridge the gap. He then spread himself wide, creating a new floor. His red eyes glowed on the top, but he was spread flat. Go go go! I can't do this for long!
    Ship is over first, Sophia tries to force Marren and Nureen ahead of her over the Doctor. "Move it!"

The glowing eyes of a dozen ghouls can be seen approaching from the darkness.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Ship is over first, Sophia tries to force Marren and Nureen ahead of her over the Doctor. "Move it!"

The glowing eyes of a dozen ghouls can be seen approaching from the darkness.
    She needn't have bothered, because they were already heading across.
    Thank you Doctor.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Refugee Camp

The Lloyonas hold their shepard's staffs out to Randon. Then one of them looks at the crook of her staff and breaks it, leaving a perfectly straight spear and a small hooked piece she discards the hooked piece. A few others do the same and step forward. We have our weapons.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    She needn't have bothered, because they were already heading across.
    Thank you Doctor.
    Less talking, more running! The Doctor shouted as the ghouls came even closer. I'll have to pull over before they get here, move!

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #276

Less talking, more running! The Doctor shouted as the ghouls came even closer. I'll have to pull over before they get here, move!
    Sophia leapt across. A ghoul leapt after her. Sophia's sword sanf and the ghoul's head decorated the wall. "That's everyone!"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Sophia leapt across. A ghoul leapt after her. Sophia's sword sanf and the ghoul's head decorated the wall. "That's everyone!"
    The Doctor pulled himself over like a pit-trap. The next ghoul lost it's footing and fell into the pit, snarling the whole way down. The Doctor drew himself up at the other end.

We need to keep moving, quickly!

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #278

The Doctor pulled himself over like a pit-trap. The next ghoul lost it's footing and fell into the pit, snarling the whole way down. The Doctor drew himself up at the other end.

We need to keep moving, quickly!
    Ship nods, the sooner he could get to people he could actually fight, the better. Sophia watches the path behind them, many ghouls stumbled and fell into the pit trap, others stopped short and snarled threateningly as their prey escaped them.

Strangely, they didn't even seem to notice the open path behind them. The shaft of light that led to the city. Then there was a loud thump. The shaft of light disappeared as the trap door was slammed shut.

"We're locked in." Sophia whispered she turned ignoring the ghoulish snarls,

"Hope there's a way out down here."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Ship nods, the sooner he could get to people he could actually fight, the better. Sophia watches the path behind them, many ghouls stumbled and fell into the pit trap, others stopped short and snarled threateningly as their prey escaped them.

Strangely, they didn't even seem to notice the open path behind them. The shaft of light that led to the city. Then there was a loud thump. The shaft of light disappeared as the trap door was slammed shut.

"We're locked in." Sophia whispered she turned ignoring the ghoulish snarls,

"Hope there's a way out down here."
    Probably. The Doctor replied, slinking along. Miners generally build a secondary shaft out of their mines for air in case of cave-ins. The same principle could apply for a secret passage beneath a crypt.

So. Know any good stories?

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #280

Refugee Camp

Randon nods, and looks inquiringly at his companions. They did not seem like the type to carry weapons. I guess that everyone has to have some sort of self defense in place he thought. "Are we all set then? he asks looking around. The excitement of the hunt is already starting to sink in.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shall we time skip to the time the hunt starts?

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Probably. The Doctor replied, slinking along. Miners generally build a secondary shaft out of their mines for air in case of cave-ins. The same principle could apply for a secret passage beneath a crypt.

So. Know any good stories?
    "I'm not too certain Doctor, but you're probably right. But it may have been covered over. This is a most unusual tunnel to have."
    "Quiet Marren, I'm looking for a way out."
    Nureen was gently feeling along the wall, extending tendrils of energy into it to search for secret passages in the secret passage.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    "I'm not too certain Doctor, but you're probably right. But it may have been covered over. This is a most unusual tunnel to have."
    "Quiet Marren, I'm looking for a way out."
    Nureen was gently feeling along the wall, extending tendrils of energy into it to search for secret passages in the secret passage.
    Ship continued walking, just behind the Doctor, "So, does the Church of Belsheroth conduct Aimantic experiments we don't know about? Cause that's about all I'm coming up with in terms of explanation."

"It's not the Church."

Nureen finds a few Vaults for particularly revered corpses, unfortunately close inspection reveals the cannibalistic tendencies of ghouls. But that means there are likely more ghouls around here somewhere.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Ship continued walking, just behind the Doctor, "So, does the Church of Belsheroth conduct Aimantic experiments we don't know about? Cause that's about all I'm coming up with in terms of explanation."

"It's not the Church."

Nureen finds a few Vaults for particularly revered corpses, unfortunately close inspection reveals the cannibalistic tendencies of ghouls. But that means there are likely more ghouls around here somewhere.
    You say that like only the church would be smart enough to perform Aimancy experiments in a crypt. The Doctor said dryly. Sure, you'd have to go through the church itself, but as we just proved, any ol' joe can waltz right in to the church and, if he's careful, get beneath the crypt.

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #284

You say that like only the church would be smart enough to perform Aimancy experiments in a crypt. The Doctor said dryly. Sure, you'd have to go through the church itself, but as we just proved, any ol' joe can waltz right in to the church and, if he's careful, get beneath the crypt.
    "Exactly, there is something else at work here."

"Yeah? Like what?"

"I don't know, call it an instinct."

A light opens up at the end of the hallway, the sounds of measured footsteps can be heard as someone shuffles through the Crypt. It doesn't sound like a ghoul's shambling.

"Your instinct tell you who's up there."

Sophia merely shook her head.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

"Exactly, there is something else at work here."

"Yeah? Like what?"

"I don't know, call it an instinct."

A light opens up at the end of the hallway, the sounds of measured footsteps can be heard as someone shuffles through the Crypt. It doesn't sound like a ghoul's shambling.

"Your instinct tell you who's up there."

Sophia merely shook her head.
    The Doctor morphed into a bracelet on Sophia's wrist again. Don't assume hostile just yet - I'll be here if things get ugly. Ship 7, you should probably get behind Sophia. Keep out of sight of... whoever it is. Just in case it ISN'T a Blur.

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #286

The Doctor morphed into a bracelet on Sophia's wrist again. Don't assume hostile just yet - I'll be here if things get ugly. Ship 7, you should probably get behind Sophia. Keep out of sight of... whoever it is. Just in case it ISN'T a Blur.
    Ship complies wordlessly.

Sophia creeps slowly forward into the room. A tall figure walks past the door, dressed in the cloak of a cleric of Belsheroth, he doesn't seem to have noticed the group, yet.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

17. - Top - End - #287

BlueWizardGirl

Refugee camp

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, we shall timeskip to the hunt.

Before they left, Everyone made sure they where ready. The Cretaum who was taking to Randon said, "Tracks are easy to spot in the desert, they create great imprints in the sand, we should look for a trail east of here, there's a river that flows, and animals go there to drink." He seemed to be trying to lead, and took a step forwards when he thought everyone should be ready.

The Ocean Rover

Jib frowns and responds, "My parents alone escaped one village in the desert when the Lokabs where taking over the area. And only got to Monte Mora via grand theft boat. They've never let me leave Monte Mora, now there's not a whole lot they can do to stop me, they let down their guard after the trial of belsheroth, they where pretty happy about the destruction of the Lokabs. I've said my goodbyes, and now it's time to get out of there." He leans back in his cot, with his hands behind his head, and feels liberated, he left after all. Now it was in Kipt's hands he thought, that's who he prayed to growing up. " I guess we are both sailing away from something, let's hope this ship takes us somewhere new. "

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

18. - Top - End - #288

Hunting Party in the Miragine Empire

Randon nods. He keeps trying to be stealthier than necessary as benefits a hunter in the forest where there are animals everywhere, and cover for those hunting them. It is a also hard for him to adjust to having as broad a horizon as there is in the desert, so he follows the creatum's lead.
    When they came upon the river, however, there was not an animal in sight, but an abundance of tracks. Randon crouches down to examine the tracks before asking "What could make these? I don't think we have an animal like this where I'm from."

The Ocean Rover

"Yeah" she replies, and giggles sheepishly. She spreads out as well, laying down relaxingly on her cot. They sit in silence for some time, obviously lost in thought as the light from the above decks fade, crew go to find their bunks, and they are engulfed in darkness. "Well, g'night then. I s'pose i'll see you bright and early tomorrow."

The next day, they are awakened by captain Tark's booming voice. "All hands on deck! We got difficult weather today, and I intend to get through it!" Jewel looks slightly concerned, but complies with the captain.

19. - Top - End - #289

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Hunting Party in the Miragine Empire

Randon nods. He keeps trying to be stealthier than necessary as benefits a hunter in the forest where there are animals everywhere, and cover for those hunting them. It is a also hard for him to adjust to having as broad a horizon as there is in the desert, so he follows the creatum's lead.
    When they came upon the river, however, there was not an animal in sight, but an abundance of tracks. Randon crouches down to examine the tracks before asking "What could make these? I don't think we have an animal like this where I'm from."

The Ocean Rover

"Yeah" she replies, and giggles sheepishly. She spreads out as well, laying down relaxingly on her cot. They sit in silence for some time, obviously lost in thought as the light from the above decks fade, crew go to find their bunks, and they are engulfed in darkness. "Well, g'night then. I s'pose i'll see you bright and early tomorrow."

The next day, they are awakened by captain Tark's booming voice. "All hands on deck! We got difficult weather today, and I intend to get through it!" Jewel looks slightly concerned, but complies with the captain.
    The Ocean Rover

Jib wakes up excitedly, he looks over at Jewel, and notices her concern, "It's probably just a bit of rain, Let's go." He stands up, and rushes over to the captain, taking in a gasp as he came on deck and examined the sky. "W-what can I do, captain? "

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdelf View Post
    The Ocean Rover

Jib wakes up excitedly, he looks over at Jewel, and notices her concern, "It's probably just a bit of rain, Let's go." He stands up, and rushes over to the captain, taking in a gasp as he came on deck and examined the sky. "W-what can I do, captain? "
    The sky is visibly dark in the distance, but still light overhead; however, the darkness is approaching fast. Tark walks up and down the decks barking orders in every direction, and the crew are quick to wake and quick to obey. "You" he yells "man the rigging" he finishes as he points at the ropes that hold the sail down. People are tying and untying ropes frantically in preparation. Seeing a place she could uniquely help with in the sails department, Jewel flies up and pulls the sail in.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Ship complies wordlessly.

Sophia creeps slowly forward into the room. A tall figure walks past the door, dressed in the cloak of a cleric of Belsheroth, he doesn't seem to have noticed the group, yet.
    The Doctor shut his eyes to keep the glow from alerting the enemy and arranged himself into a (slightly) more ornate bracelet. He then whispered, If he/she is trouble, say tangerine.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #292

The Doctor shut his eyes to keep the glow from alerting the enemy and arranged himself into a (slightly) more ornate bracelet. He then whispered, If he/she is trouble, say tangerine.
    "Okaay."

Sophia approached cautiously and then emerged into the light. What she saw left her speechless.

Before her is an incredibly old Ravenkin, many of his feathers have already fallen out, others are in the process of decorating the floor. He looked at Sophia, one of his eyes obviously blind, the other doesn't belong to a Ravenkin.

"Sophia?" Augustine said in a voice quiet enough to be a whisper. "Whatever are you doing here?"

All around them were the mutilated remains of a dozen corpses. Some are thrashing against their restraints Aimantic devices to measure the animating energy of undead, some looked like compasses and scales. Others like steam technology. One undead banged agains the glass of a huge tube as something drew black energy leaking from the abomination.

Sophia ground her teeth, "I could ask you the same question Teacher. When exactly did you learn Aimancy?"

"Aimancy? What in the world are you talking about?"

Ship tilts his head a message knocking on the Doctor's brain, "There is something very wrong with this man, he's not in control... I think? I don't know, this is beyond me."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-25 at 03:37 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

"Okaay."

Sophia approached cautiously and then emerged into the light. What she saw left her speechless.

Before her is an incredibly old Ravenkin, many of his feathers have already fallen out, others are in the process of decorating the floor. He looked at Sophia, one of his eyes obviously blind, the other doesn't belong to a Ravenkin.

"Sophia?" Augustine said in a voice quiet enough to be a whisper. "Whatever are you doing here?"

All around them were the mutilated remains of a dozen corpses. Some are thrashing against their restraints Aimantic devices to measure the animating energy of undead, some looked like compasses and scales. Others like steam technology. One undead banged agains the glass of a huge tube as something drew black energy leaking from the abomination.

Sophia ground her teeth, "I could ask you the same question Teacher. When exactly did you learn Aimancy?"

"Aimancy? What in the world are you talking about?"

Ship tilts his head a message knocking on the Doctor's brain, "There is something very wrong with this man, he's not in control... I think? I don't know, this is beyond me."
    Nothing I can do for him... I never learned Psionics and I don't think I can control Demiurgy well enough to restore control even if I had enough karma to do so... He thought back, hoping Ship had stuck around. If you can help him, by all means do so.

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #294

Free Port-The Crypt Laboratory

"Do. Not. Lie to me."

"Sophia what has gotten into you?"

"I'm not talking to you!"

Suddenly Augustine composes himself, his face relaxes and his posture slackens.

"Well now, how'd you know it was me childe?"

"The smell, his flesh is rotting as we speak. My mentor should be dead."

Augustine smiled, "Maybe y'all should thank me?"

"Just tell me where you are and I'll be sure to thank you in person."

Augustine laughed.

Ship shrank behind the entrance sending a frantic thought to the Doctor, "Big Momma!"

The Void

Gwyn stretches out her hand and a dancing golden flame forms in her hand, "If the three of you agree to unite our magics, please pour a slither of your power into this flame and it will be done."

Elsewhere something happened that would later make Gwyn weep, but she wouldn't, not right now. Not before other gods who may need to see her as a leader.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 8
    Action Bless: Astromancy and Oneirmancy are now a part of Arcane Magic.

@Avocado Avenger: Do you want this to be the Silver Flame?

Somewhere A God Died

Isanloff was the oldest of all creation, the first that the Creator had spoken into existence. And now, he lay dying. The Shard of his daughter didn't get there in time to say goodbye.

The Crone stood over the body of the Imperator. "You noble fool, suffering still exists, so I suppose you live on in one way or another. I name you fool, for there is one thing you never understood, life without suffering is a life not worth living. Oh Gwyn would never say it! Not to her dear father. But she believes it, it's the same thing she teaches her knights." She knelt next to Gwyn's father examining his corpse. There were tears in the fabric, frayed marks into his very essence.

"Someone has killed you, Gwyn will not forgive herself if she can't find out who. Don't worry, I'll help her, I swear. I will do what she cannot. She never shared your philosophy you know? She could never justify the means with the ends. She is naive in that way, but I will know and do what we must. You can trust me on that." With that the Crone picked up Gwyn's father's mirror, wrought by the hand of Alyveran.

She looked at it and saw her own reflection, "I cannot doubt you would want your daughter to have this. But I will not have her wear it as a mask, to blind her as it did you."

As she spoke the Mirror was transformed, it turned into a Shield. There was no reflection on one side, the side Gwyn would see was bare, the side her enemies would view, that was the side that still bore the mirrored surface. "There, a much more suitable gift for a knight."

The Crone knelt and she dissolved into the form of Gwyn, "Goodbye Father, may you find peace in death that you could not in life."

With that the Shard returned to Gwyn.

The Void

A covered Shield appeared on Gwyn's back, her shoulders slumped slightly, but she showed no other outward sign of grief. Her hand still outstretched grasping the dancing flame.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 7
    Reform Mirror into the Shield of Retribution, every injury you caused someone is rebounded upon you as soon as you look into this mirror. Don't worry, she usually keeps it covered. Grants a further +2RCR
    -2AP
    Ending AP: 5
    Gwyn, The First Knight

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port-The Crypt Laboratory

"Do. Not. Lie to me."

"Sophia what has gotten into you?"

"I'm not talking to you!"

Suddenly Augustine composes himself, his face relaxes and his posture slackens.

"Well now, how'd you know it was me childe?"

"The smell, his flesh is rotting as we speak. My mentor should be dead."

Augustine smiled, "Maybe y'all should thank me?"

"Just tell me where you are and I'll be sure to thank you in person."

Augustine laughed.

Ship shrank behind the entrance sending a frantic thought to the Doctor, "Big Momma!"
    ...Well in that case she probably knows you're here, no point in hiding. The Doctor slinked off of Sophia's bracelet.

I am the Fifth Watcher. The Doctor lied. Why are you lieing to the Blur about the incredibly handsome, talented, and benevolent Doctor?

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #296

BlueWizardGirl

As the storm approached, Jib sped up. At the captains call, he was scurrying up the ropes. the clouds inched towards them, but there was a gust of wind, after which, a rope snapped and Jib was swinging back and forth on the now loose ropes, trying to grapple onto another rope to anchor the one he was on to. He yelled at Jewel to overcome the noise the rest of the storm was making, " Yeah, just a little rain like I said."

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297

Free Port-Cryptic Lab

Silence,

"Gods I hope you're th' Doctor. I'm sick an' tired of all the bull th' other Shadows been saying about y'our precious Doctor. I had tah go and kill five o' y'all just to shut 'em up. Heck, maybe I kill y'our daddy? Didn't know all their names."

"You're sick."

"To humans? Yeah, I am. But 'ow sick am I compared tah a god of freedom who give us no choice? Or a goddess tha' tells y'all to accept Hell? 'Course we took our choice didn't we?"

"Don't be so sure, I'm pretty good at hiding... is what she's saying true."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

28. - Top - End - #298

The Ocean

The same gust of wind took Jewel, and flung her in midair. She would have surely gone overboard if not for her struggles to fly back. Her wings created flaps that caught wind in the storm, pushing at her every witch way. She struggles to fold them away, and grab onto a pole. She is legitimately scared at this point, but finds some comfort in Jib's nonchalant attitude. "A little wind too" she says as meekly as the storm will allow, sounding still braver than she feels.
    As the storm commences overhead of them Tark begins to get drowned out "-Everythin down!" Jewel hugs her pole closely, and reaches for Jib's hand.

The Void
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wasn't planning on anything like this, but I could. I think i'll use it as a core for the arcane fire, or an idea that inspires Kipt to do it.

Kipt nods, and puts a piece of his power forward. His is not raw magic like that of the others, but rather the blueprint for the combination; his shard allows the others to mix more nicely. "Here we go." Kipt says with a grin.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-07-25 at 09:06 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port-Cryptic Lab

Silence,

"Gods I hope you're th' Doctor. I'm sick an' tired of all the bull th' other Shadows been saying about y'our precious Doctor. I had tah go and kill five o' y'all just to shut 'em up. Heck, maybe I kill y'our daddy? Didn't know all their names."

"You're sick."

"To humans? Yeah, I am. But 'ow sick am I compared tah a god of freedom who give us no choice? Or a goddess tha' tells y'all to accept Hell? 'Course we took our choice didn't we?"

"Don't be so sure, I'm pretty good at hiding... is what she's saying true."
    Eh, no idea. I don't speak propoganda.

Oh cry me a f**king river. The Doctor rolled his eyes, no longer hiding his fake voice. You are sick of hearing SHADOWS talk about me?! I've been around for three millenia, give or take. For about half of those years I've been listening to Blur after Blur tell me what a horrible monster Ombra is for 'not giving us a choice.'

And now I'm gonna tell you the same thing I told the others: Ombra never needed to give you a choice. You always had it, and only YOU prevented yourselves from seizing it. We always had a choice, it could never be given or taken unless we let it. And you ain't gonna listen, yada yada yada, then after some bad jokes like 'the Doctor is in' and 'I'm gonna smear your intestines so hard against that wall that people who walk by will wish they couldn't remember it, then I'll hit you in the face with a hammer formed from my flesh.

What I don't get about all of this is the fact that every Blur we fought remembered me killing one of their friends or family. Often in very childish and/or brutal ways.

Now, I don't kill on purpose. And even if I did, I couldn't kill that many, that quickly. So the memories were implanted, most likely by the big kahuna. The Enchilada Grande. Da Boss. You, basically.

Which brings up two questions: Why put false memories into their heads... His eyes flashed dangerously, And what happened to the people they THINK i killed, you MIND-AND-BODY ENSLAVING DAUGHTER OF A MOTHERLESS GOAT?!?!
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-07-25 at 09:19 PM.

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #300

Eh, no idea. I don't speak propoganda.

Oh cry me a f**king river. The Doctor rolled his eyes, no longer hiding his fake voice. You are sick of hearing SHADOWS talk about me?! I've been around for three millenia, give or take. For about half of those years I've been listening to Blur after Blur tell me what a horrible monster Ombra is for 'not giving us a choice.'

And now I'm gonna tell you the same thing I told the others: Ombra never needed to give you a choice. You always had it, and only YOU prevented yourselves from seizing it. We always had a choice, it could never be given or taken unless we let it. And you ain't gonna listen, yada yada yada, then after some bad jokes like 'the Doctor is in' and 'I'm gonna smear your intestines so hard against that wall that people who walk by will wish they couldn't remember it, then I'll hit you in the face with a hammer formed from my flesh.

What I don't get about all of this is the fact that every Blur we fought remembered me killing one of their friends or family. Often in very childish and/or brutal ways.

Now, I don't kill on purpose. And even if I did, I couldn't kill that many, that quickly. So the memories were implanted, most likely by the big kahuna. The Enchilada Grande. Da Boss. You, basically.

Which brings up two questions: Why put false memories into their heads... His eyes flashed dangerously, And what happened to the people they THINK i killed, you MIND-AND-BODY ENSLAVING DAUGHTER OF A MOTHERLESS GOAT?!?!
    Augustine smiled, "Why else? So that they would wanna kill yah. Personal vendetta asid' I know you the most powerful to serve Ombra, for whatever gods forsaken reason. Most Blur don't com' at Shadows less they can suprise 'em. See that's a part of our nature, we spies, we ain't warriors, we ain't never gonna be warriors. But yah make someone hate a person, give 'em every reason to get revenge? 'Ow far yah think they go? They run at yah right? They seek yah, they try tah kill yah. Eventually they'll get teh balls to get tahgether and go after Shadow Key. If'n only tah make sure yah can never come back."

Augustine snapped his fingers, his accent changed, "Do you understand now? I'm doing this to end you and all of Ombra's hypocritical plans. If only out of spite. Fair warning, you speak of my mother as a goat again, I'll tell your little friends' brains to melt their insides and then leave you alive so you can remember it."

"You think you can threaten me with death?"

"'Course not!" The accent was back, "I'm threatening teh Doctor wit' witnessing y'all's horrible agonizing deaths. Good times all around!"
    Gwyn, The First Knight