New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

The Ocean

Hearing the command, Jib decides to do something cool. He swings in one direction with the wind as hard as he can, he swings on the rope like Tarzan, wrapping it around a different pole than the one Jewel is on. He ties them off, and jumps to another part of the rigging where Jewel was, taking her outreached hand and standing on some ropes a few feet away. " You should get down, your wings could catch in the wind. "
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2012-07-25 at 09:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

2. - Top - End - #302

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdelf View Post
    The Ocean

Hearing the command, Jib decides to do something cool. He swings in one direction with the wind as hard as he can, he swings on the rope like Tarzan, wrapping it around a different pole than the one Jewel is on. He ties them off, and jumps to another part of the rigging where Jewel was, taking her outreached hand and standing on some ropes a few feet away. " You should get down, your wings could catch in the wind. "
    She nods, and says something futilely which gets lost in the storm. Jewel slides down to the ground while still desperately clutching the pole. By this point visibility has gone down due to the abundance of rain, and the winds are strong. The boat is lurching back and forth, and even in what may seem like circular motions sometimes. Her long hair is wild in the wind, although she still keeps a flawless kind of beauty about herself as she always has throughout their time together. She begins to tremble with fear, or perhaps it is just the cold rain. Out of nowhere, she sees a figure heading down below, and it becomes clear what Tark. She cries out "We need to get down!"

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Augustine smiled, "Why else? So that they would wanna kill yah. Personal vendetta asid' I know you the most powerful to serve Ombra, for whatever gods forsaken reason. Most Blur don't com' at Shadows less they can suprise 'em. See that's a part of our nature, we spies, we ain't warriors, we ain't never gonna be warriors. But yah make someone hate a person, give 'em every reason to get revenge? 'Ow far yah think they go? They run at yah right? They seek yah, they try tah kill yah. Eventually they'll get teh balls to get tahgether and go after Shadow Key. If'n only tah make sure yah can never come back."

Augustine snapped his fingers, his accent changed, "Do you understand now? I'm doing this to end you and all of Ombra's hypocritical plans. If only out of spite. Fair warning, you speak of my mother as a goat again, I'll tell your little friends' brains to melt their insides and then leave you alive so you can remember it."

"You think you can threaten me with death?"

"'Course not!" The accent was back, "I'm threatening teh Doctor wit' witnessing y'all's horrible agonizing deaths. Good times all around!"
    First of all, I have SEEN that particular method of death before. All the person really does is crumple, the human brain isn't built to withstand blur-level psychic power, so it fries almost instantly.

The Doctor stared and then shrugged. Secondly, thank you very much. At least now I know your plan is a complete waste of time. You're going to bring your entire race to it's death for nothing. His glare turned icy, and the air temperature began to drop.

Lemme tell you a little-known something about Shadow Key. The Shadows aren't even CLOSE to the most dangerous thing on that little jungle-covered s*** speck in the middle of the giant toilet bowl we call the ocean, we're just the blackest. The entire island evolves by the second, and everything on it is deadly. There is a creature there that carries so much venom in their breath hearing them echolocate is fatal. Water parasites with collective intelligence. Hive animals the number of ants and the size of bears. Exploding trees. Bugs with laser-vision.

And those are just on the edge. The only Shadow you'll see that far out is the Fifth Watcher.

And Ombra has told me himself he was proud of your species for rebelling against him for what you saw as unfair treatment right up to the point you started enslaving sentient minds, TYRANT.

Oh, and never ban me from an insult, because I will come up with something even worse just to spite you, say... "I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

He then leaned close to Sophia, put a hand by his mouth as if to whisper, and stage-whispered, A knight told me that one. Think his name was Monty.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #304

BlueWizardGirl

The Ocean

Jib agrees, he decides to cut a rope above him so he would swing down, but he doesn't want to leave Jewel up there. "Take my hand, and pull in your wings" He offers a hand, while pulling out a knife and pressing it against a rope, not yet cutting it.
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2012-07-25 at 10:07 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #305

The Ocean Rover

Jewel grabs Jib firmly around the torso, and tries her best to nullify the effect of her wings. Is this what you wanted? she thinks to herself adventure? When the rope is cut, they go sailing into the abyss of the storm with a lot of force. Jewels wings are still catching a lot of air in altitude, and instead of swinging around, the pair makes a kite at the end of its string. While the storm rages around them, they thrash wildly, and Jewel holds on to Jib for dear life. "Ahh!" she exclaims in adrenaline while they fly through the air.

6. - Top - End - #306

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    First of all, I have SEEN that particular method of death before. All the person really does is crumple, the human brain isn't built to withstand blur-level psychic power, so it fries almost instantly.

The Doctor stared and then shrugged. Secondly, thank you very much. At least now I know your plan is a complete waste of time. You're going to bring your entire race to it's death for nothing. His glare turned icy, and the air temperature began to drop.

Lemme tell you a little-known something about Shadow Key. The Shadows aren't even CLOSE to the most dangerous thing on that little jungle-covered s*** speck in the middle of the giant toilet bowl we call the ocean, we're just the blackest. The entire island evolves by the second, and everything on it is deadly. There is a creature there that carries so much venom in their breath hearing them echolocate is fatal. Water parasites with collective intelligence. Hive animals the number of ants and the size of bears. Exploding trees. Bugs with laser-vision.

And those are just on the edge. The only Shadow you'll see that far out is the Fifth Watcher.

And Ombra has told me himself he was proud of your species for rebelling against him for what you saw as unfair treatment right up to the point you started enslaving sentient minds, TYRANT.

Oh, and never ban me from an insult, because I will come up with something even worse just to spite you, say... "I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

He then leaned close to Sophia, put a hand by his mouth as if to whisper, and stage-whispered, A knight told me that one. Think his name was Monty.
    "... Was that an insult? I couldn't tell." Ombra being proud, that got under her skin.

"Monty? I've never heard of him, wait... could you mean Montigue of the Northern Marches?"

"So 'e's proud o' us is 'e? Ain't done a thang about it. Ain't done anythang but send Shadows tah kill us. You in particular, you I hold responsible for my mother's death." The accent disappeared with that last.

"Besides, you're compassionate right? Other's pain is your pain?"

A scream filled the air, but it wasn't any of those behind the Doctor. Augustine collapsed, "Please! Gods NO! Aieeeee!"

Eerily at the same time he was screaming a laugh could be heard echoing from that same throat. "Hahahahaha! You think I got no control of my power?! I kin keep this going as long as I-"

A sword impaled the old priest through the chest throwing him off his feet and pinning him to the ground. The rune blade glowed as it drank the priest's blood. The screaming stopped with a gurgle, the laughing was cut off abruptly.

Sophia knelt next to her old master the Rune Blade still sticking out of this chest. Augustine blinked and looked up at her, he held up a claw and Sophia took it in her hand.

"You were right teacher. The Spies St. Edgard mentioned, the Shadows, they aren't just myths." She held his head up and pointed to the Doctor, "They're real."

Augustine smiled as the life left him.

Sophia sighed laying his head back on the ground, there were tears in her eyes, but they didn't fall. Sophia stood and drew out the blade as gently as she could, the glow left the Runes. "Find your peace in the Forest."

She dried her eyes and looked behind her, "Marren can you give him last rights? We'll need to move quickly now that Big Momma know where we are."

"For what it's worth." Ship came from his hiding place, "If you hadn't done that Big Momma would've kept it going for hours."

"Thanks, but it's not like I'll remember that."

Ship shrugged, and another message knocked on the Doctor's door, "Figured out why I can't read her mind."

He nodded to the Rune Blade.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

7. - Top - End - #307

BlueWizardGirl

The Ocean Rover

In the flash of motion where the rope was cut, up until they where being flapped around in the air, Jib thought. If he hung on, they would act as a lightning rod, and be thrashed around like the edge of a flag. If he let go, they would be lost in the middle of the ocean in the same storm with no way out, they could end up stranded on an island or worse. before he could finish his thought, the wind tugged, and his strength failed, he screamed a curse when he let go. Thunder boomed, and they where very quickly very far from the ship. "Remember that thing about pulling your wings in? Stop doing that, we want to glide."

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #308

The Ocean Rover

In the flash of motion where the rope was cut, up until they where being flapped around in the air, Jib thought. If he hung on, they would act as a lightning rod, and be thrashed around like the edge of a flag. If he let go, they would be lost in the middle of the ocean in the same storm with no way out, they could end up stranded on an island or worse. before he could finish his thought, the wind tugged, and his strength failed, he screamed a curse when he let go. Thunder boomed, and they where very quickly very far from the ship. "Remember that thing about pulling your wings in? Stop doing that, we want to glide."
    "I'll try" she yelled out in response, adjusting herself so that her wings were more available. But alas, she unfurled them too early, and in the heat of the storm, the twisting winds ripped at them. Jewel cried out in pain as the winds battered and contorted her wings. She then noticed that they had not hit the water yet, although they seemed to be falling. Or... flying- it changed in a mere second as they found themselves flung out of the storm. "Hows that for adventure" Jewel remarked.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-07-25 at 10:33 PM.

9. - Top - End - #309

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    "I'll try" she yelled out in response, adjusting herself so that her wings were more available. But alas, she unfurled them too early, and in the heat of the storm, the twisting winds ripped at them. Jewel cried out in pain as the winds battered and contorted her wings. She then noticed that they had not hit the water yet, although they seemed to be falling. Or... flying- it changed in a mere second as they found themselves flung out of the storm. "Hows that for adventure" Jewel remarked.
    Jib reveled in the fact that he could still feel his face, he was distracted by the situation, trying to identify what happened, but he responded a second late. "No kidding. Where are we?" He looked around to see what was at sea. He looked up, "Look how tall that cloud is, I've never seen clouds from the side before." He looked down. Not his best decision. "We're high up." He gasped when he said it.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #310

Jib reveled in the fact that he could still feel his face, he was distracted by the situation, trying to identify what happened, but he responded a second late. "No kidding. Where are we?" He looked around to see what was at sea. He looked up, "Look how tall that cloud is, I've never seen clouds from the side before." He looked down. Not his best decision. "We're high up." He gasped when he said it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll do a behind the curtain: Kipt post in a second. Assuming this is after the arcane thing.

"Yeah" Jewel agreed nervously. Her wings were fluttering tirelessly to support two people, and it showed on her face. "I think i'm going to have to put us down." she said, now suddenly confident in her abilities. A confidence that was not unfounded; the pair took a gradual descent, and landed lightly. "I think we lost the ship" she said sheepishly. "I think I'll go back up, and see if I can see it, or if the storm is passing. It's really not as hard with just one."
    When she returned, she looked happy with herself "Well, there is no sign of the ship, but I do see an island in one direction not too far away. I would say that's our best bet."

11. - Top - End - #311

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll do a behind the curtain: Kipt post in a second. Assuming this is after the arcane thing.

"Yeah" Jewel agreed nervously. Her wings were fluttering tirelessly to support two people, and it showed on her face. "I think i'm going to have to put us down." she said, now suddenly confident in her abilities. A confidence that was not unfounded; the pair took a gradual descent, and landed lightly. "I think we lost the ship" she said sheepishly. "I think I'll go back up, and see if I can see it, or if the storm is passing. It's really not as hard with just one."
    When she returned, she looked happy with herself "Well, there is no sign of the ship, but I do see an island in one direction not too far away. I would say that's our best bet."
    Jib is relieved to be closer to the ground, even if it is water. He grabs the water with his feet before he drops and starts to tread. The water is cold, but they seem to be safe. He responds, "Yeah, we should get over there. Can you fly us?"

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

"... Was that an insult? I couldn't tell." Ombra being proud, that got under her skin.

"Monty? I've never heard of him, wait... could you mean Montigue of the Northern Marches?"
    Might've been him. Funny guy. Little crazy, but so was I at the time.

"So 'e's proud o' us is 'e? Ain't done a thang about it. Ain't done anythang but send Shadows tah kill us. You in particular, you I hold responsible for my mother's death." The accent disappeared with that last.
    He never ordered us after you. We came of our own accord, you pompous scum-for-heart baboon.

"Besides, you're compassionate right? Other's pain is your pain?"

A scream filled the air, but it wasn't any of those behind the Doctor. Augustine collapsed, "Please! Gods NO! Aieeeee!"

Eerily at the same time he was screaming a laugh could be heard echoing from that same throat. "Hahahahaha! You think I got no control of my power?! I kin keep this going as long as I-"

A sword impaled the old priest through the chest throwing him off his feet and pinning him to the ground. The rune blade glowed as it drank the priest's blood. The screaming stopped with a gurgle, the laughing was cut off abruptly.
    The Doctor spasmed with shock, his eyes shooting wide open in the split second before the Rune Blade shot into his chest.

Sophia knelt next to her old master the Rune Blade still sticking out of this chest. Augustine blinked and looked up at her, he held up a claw and Sophia took it in her hand.

"You were right teacher. The Spies St. Edgard mentioned, the Shadows, they aren't just myths." She held his head up and pointed to the Doctor, "They're real."

Augustine smiled as the life left him.

Sophia sighed laying his head back on the ground, there were tears in her eyes, but they didn't fall. Sophia stood and drew out the blade as gently as she could, the glow left the Runes. "Find your peace in the Forest."

She dried her eyes and looked behind her, "Marren can you give him last rights? We'll need to move quickly now that Big Momma know where we are."

"For what it's worth." Ship came from his hiding place, "If you hadn't done that Big Momma would've kept it going for hours."

"Thanks, but it's not like I'll remember that."

Ship shrugged, and another message knocked on the Doctor's door, "Figured out why I can't read her mind."

He nodded to the Rune Blade.
    The Doctor moved forward. Evidently Big Momma's little 'trick' had shaked him but he wasn't shaking physically anymore. ...It's times like this I wish I killed people. He growled. Big Momma's got a lot to answer for.

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

The Crypt

Last rites it is... I'll do the quickened version.
    Marren knelt beside Augustine and began reciting the ancient words first handed down to Mortalkind by Lord Belsheroth himself. Even the short version for use during periods of danger was lengthy and took a couple of minutes. For the sake of expediency, Marren skipped over the section about not seeking vengeance and proceeded straight to the end.
    Եվ այսպիսով, մենք գովել հոգին մեր ազնվական եղբոր են անտառներում աստղազարդ այն է, որ գիտեն խաղաղության համար հավերժության համար:
    Թող նա նայում է մեզ երկնքի եւ պատիվ մեր բարությամբ, եթե մենք հետեւենք նրա օրինակին:
    Թող որ մենք միշտ գիտենք, բարություն եւ ընդմիշտ պատիվ է աչքերով երկինք:

Spoiler
    Show
    And thus we commend the soul of our noble brother to the Forests of Starlight such that he will know peace for eternity.
    May he watch over us from the heavens and be honoured by our kindness as we follow his example.
    May we always know kindness and be forever honoured in the eyes of heaven.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

14. - Top - End - #314

Free Port-Crypt Laboratory

Sophia's jaw clenched, "Don't worry, I do kill."

Sophia was silent during the last rights, "Thank you Marren," she looked to the end of the room, "Let's look for an exit and burn this place to the ground."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-25 at 11:17 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

15. - Top - End - #315

Jib is relieved to be closer to the ground, even if it is water. He grabs the water with his feet before he drops and starts to tread. The water is cold, but they seem to be safe. He responds, "Yeah, we should get over there. Can you fly us?"
    "Give me a minute" she responds. "Flying for two is really exhausting." In the end, she take three spurts of flying intermixed with swimming between them getting them fairly close to the island. "I really can't take any more." she says "We'll just have to swim the rest of the way." Most of the rest of the way, however, could be walked partially submerged.
    The island itself has a very queer look to it. It has several tide pools and trees covered in grey ash. It is a small island, probably only accommodating for two, with various ocean plants and animals living in the tide pools. In the center burns a large fire that is silver in color, in a brazier decorated with elaborate glowing runes. Upon reaching the island, Jewel collapses, not even seeming to notice her surroundings. "Maybe you should just grow your own wings." she jests playfully.

Silver Fire Isle

When Kipt saw his own daughter, and another devout worshiper of him stranded in the middle of the ocean, he couldn't very well let them drown. His response to that was to create the island for them. That should keep 'em alive Kipt thought with love in his heart But lets have a little more fun with this. I have been dying to put arcana into action, and this pair seems worthy. So he created the Arcane Fire. The Arcane Fire looks like a giant silver flame. Those in it's presence become especially capable of using arcane magic. As one's understanding of something as unique as the arcane fire grows, you are able to utilize the arcane to do a variety of different things.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting with: 13 AP +1 PAP
    Create land, -2
    Create Artifact -4
    Ending with 7+1 AP

-note that I might add to my description later, i'm tired.

16. - Top - End - #316

BlueWizardGirl

"Give me a minute" she responds. "Flying for two is really exhausting." In the end, she take three spurts of flying intermixed with swimming between them getting them fairly close to the island. "I really can't take any more." she says "We'll just have to swim the rest of the way." Most of the rest of the way, however, could be walked partially submerged.
    The island itself has a very queer look to it. It has several tide pools and trees covered in grey ash. It is a small island, probably only accommodating for two, with various ocean plants and animals living in the tide pools. In the center burns a large fire that is silver in color, in a brazier decorated with elaborate glowing runes. Upon reaching the island, Jewel collapses, not even seeming to notice her surroundings. "Maybe you should just grow your own wings." she jests playfully.

Silver Fire Isle

When Kipt saw his own daughter, and another devout worshiper of him stranded in the middle of the ocean, he couldn't very well let them drown. His response to that was to create the island for them. That should keep 'em alive Kipt thought with love in his heart But lets have a little more fun with this. I have been dying to put arcana into action, and this pair seems worthy. So he created the Arcane Fire. The Arcane Fire looks like a giant silver flame. Those in it's presence become especially capable of using arcane magic. As one's understanding of something as unique as the arcane fire grows, you are able to utilize the arcane to do a variety of different things.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting with: 13 AP +1 PAP
    Create land, -2
    Create Artifact -4
    Ending with 7+1 AP

-note that I might add to my description later, i'm tired.
    Silver Fire Isle

Jib doesn't laugh, he feels kind of guilty about making her fly him the whole way. "Wouldn't that be our luck." That statement could have been a response to her rhetoric about him growing wings, or a statement about finding an island. Jib looks around, tasting the water to see if it was fresh. It wasn't. He looked up at the trees but then something caught his eye. " Wait, what is that?" he walks up to the Brazier and stares into the flame. " It looks like life incarnate, I can't explain. come look at this!"

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317

Silver Fire Isle

"Huh" Jewel says, getting up again. Any exhaustion or guilt for making Jib feel bad is lost in pure curiosity. Jewel approaches it one step at a time, and the fire almost seems to respond to her; as if her body had gravitational pull. "What-" she begins before cutting herself off "who do you think... put that here...?" She seems to be in some sort of trance like state gazing into the fire. "Whatever it is its- its beautiful." she says, shaking a bit of her trance off.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

The Crypt

"We can't just burn the place to the ground! I rather doubt the entire temple has been perverted to the cause of evil."

Geasa

Belsheroth felt the death of Isanloff most sharply. And as such, he hastened to be by his side. His form was crumpled and merely cloth wrappings.
    For a while, he said nothing, a complex mixture of emotions vying for dominance within his mind.
    "My Brother... Your death was sudden, and I hope you did not suffer, but it is difficult for me to feel sorrow. You had so much potential to provide guidance, but your every attempt failed and now I find myself hating you for dying.
    "Why did you give up? Death provides no respite for us, but still you chose death. Was your self-imposed task so difficult?
    "Now your burden must be taken up by another..."

Turning to face in the direction of Merolle, Belsheroth wipes away a tear.
    "Brother... I shall leave it to you to make the arrangements for Isanloff's burial. There are matters I need to attend to.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

19. - Top - End - #319

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    The Crypt

"We can't just burn the place to the ground! I rather doubt the entire temple has been perverted to the cause of evil."
    "Not to mention this place is mostly stone, it wouldn't burn well."

"You have a better idea? We can't just leave this place to be used again."

"And why not? Keep in mind I know Big Momma, if she has one of these places, she has a dozen. We won't do anything more than mildly inconvenience her."

"You can't know that."

"Longer we wait here trying to burn the place down the closer the other Blur get. That I do know."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

20. - Top - End - #320

BlueWizardGirl

Silver Fire Isle

Jib looks at the fire intensely, he seemed to be pulled into it for a little while before breaking his focus, and talking to Jewel. " Red, Silver, Blue. What could have put a silver fire here? I imagine there would have been drunken sailor tales at Monte Mora if anyone found this... I think we might be first to find it." He gazes into the fire once more. He reaches out to see how close he can get his hand without it getting too hot.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321

Silver Fire Isle

Jib looks at the fire intensely, he seemed to be pulled into it for a little while before breaking his focus, and talking to Jewel. " Red, Silver, Blue. What could have put a silver fire here? I imagine there would have been drunken sailor tales at Monte Mora if anyone found this... I think we might be first to find it." He gazes into the fire once more. He reaches out to see how close he can get his hand without it getting too hot.
    The fire bounces around Jib's hand as if reacting to his advance. The outer part of the fire is actually very cool, and one can even place a hand inside the flame. However, the core radiates heat, and going too far increases heat a lot.
    "I guess there are still undiscovered parts of the world." Jewel responds, lost in thought. Somehow, all of this had an odd familiarity to her, as if she knew it somehow. "but i'm not sure if we're anywhere near monte mora." she responds again. Saying that struck a realization; they were lost. Who knew how long it would be before they found anyone. She had said it herself, that storm had really done a number on them, and they likely weren't anywhere near Monte Mora.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

The Doctor snarled. We make for the surface. He pointed. That ol' ravenkin didn't go past that pitfall and he had to come down here somehow. Let's go.

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #323

BlueWizardGirl

The fire bounces around Jib's hand as if reacting to his advance. The outer part of the fire is actually very cool, and one can even place a hand inside the flame. However, the core radiates heat, and going too far increases heat a lot.
    "I guess there are still undiscovered parts of the world." Jewel responds, lost in thought. Somehow, all of this had an odd familiarity to her, as if she knew it somehow. "but i'm not sure if we're anywhere near monte mora." she responds again. Saying that struck a realization; they were lost. Who knew how long it would be before they found anyone. She had said it herself, that storm had really done a number on them, and they likely weren't anywhere near Monte Mora.
    No, Maybe we aren't. He stepped back and tried to fetch a stick. He brought one back about the size of a club, and stuck it over the flame, to see if it would catch. " This fire is very inspiring, i can almost feel something. Didn't think yesterday at about this time that I would end up here. What about you? And he realized what a turn life had taken in such a small amount of time. While playing with the stick in the fire, he suddenly spoke to it, " fire. "
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2012-07-26 at 12:26 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #324

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    The Doctor snarled. We make for the surface. He pointed. That ol' ravenkin didn't go past that pitfall and he had to come down here somehow. Let's go.
    Ship is already walking, Sophia hesitates then follows wordlessly.

"When my double ran into Big Momma she was at the edge of West End. I say we start there, I should be able to follow the psionic residue if she's not trying to hide herself."

At the back of the chamber is a staircase leading straight up.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Ship is already walking, Sophia hesitates then follows wordlessly.

"When my double ran into Big Momma she was at the edge of West End. I say we start there, I should be able to follow the psionic residue if she's not trying to hide herself."

At the back of the chamber is a staircase leading straight up.
    Good enough for now. He replied. Big Momma will know all of our faces now. We must be cautious.

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #326

Free Port-Out of the Crypts

Ship leads the way out of the Crypt, climbing the stairs. "Trap door up here, this looks like the way out."

With a heave Ship tossed off the trap door and a shaft of moonlight poured into the chamber. Ship froze at the top of the stairs, "Everyone hold up!"

Two voices could be heard idly conversing, "So what is it that note says?" "Just wait for the next note an' storm the temple." "Man, I don't know how I feel 'bout storming a temple." "A job's a job." "Yeah but your grandma wasn't a Ravenkin."

Their voices faded as they walked past the trap door. Ship whispers down, "All right, they're gone."

"How'd you?"

"Like I told the Doctor, I am very good at hiding."

The War of the Northern Kingdoms

The Imposter smiled, before him was the greatest army the North had ever seen, behind him was the best army in the world. "Do you think Nettal will play his part?"

Jennifer nodded, "Yes."

He looked at her from the corner of his eye, "I can smell fear in you."

"We have not heard from Sophia for months now. I would beg leave to search for her."

"Denied."

"Sir-"

"When this is all over, I promise you will have as long as you want. But for right now? This army, the world needs you."

Jennifer flinched but nodded, "I understand."

"Now let's send a message."

Bats flooded the sky, rats covered the ground, each of them carried a scroll. This far away from his army, no knight or Calasancti man could see. Only his generals could feel the dark power exercised in these lands and maybe the Vargulfi.

A Letter Came to Each of The Kings of The North

A bat, a rat, maybe a wolf all came to each of the kings of the North. Each carried a scroll adressed to the particular King.

Dear King,

Captain Eric of the Calasanctium Empire extends his most Cordial Greetings. In the interest of washing his hands of the bloodshed that will soon follow, he invites you to lay down your arms and return to your city. If you do this, we will not pursue you and merely require a tribute to be paid to the Empire at the end of every year. Stay, and Captain Eric promises your armies will lay dead by the morrow. You have until the sun rises to make your decision.

Sincerely,
    Lieutenant Jennifer of the Order of the Spear

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes use of the word Empire instead of Kingdom is intentional.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-27 at 09:00 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

A bat, a rat, maybe a wolf all came to each of the kings of the North. Each carried a scroll adressed to the particular King.

Dear King,

Captain Eric of the Calasanctium Empire extends his most Cordial Greetings. In the interest of washing his hands of the bloodshed that will soon follow, he invites you to lay down your arms and return to your city. If you do this, we will not pursue you and merely require a tribute to be paid to the Empire at the end of every year. Stay, and Captain Eric promises your armies will lay dead by the morrow. You have until the sun rises to make your decision.

Sincerely,

Spoiler
    Show
    Jarl Rushaan was at dinner when the message arrived. He was regent for Anden, the three year old King of Cerune. Reading it quickly before the dessert course, he snorted derisively.
    "A long dead empire seeks sovereignty over us."
    The other members of the court laughed at the foolishness of the Southerners. But as always, they would remain cautious just in case. A disruption of the Northern political balance could be disastrous for Cerune due to its small size. So, as such, Rushaan beckoned his seneschal to come close and he whispered in his ear.
    "Kitan, prepare a Grand Tournament and invite all the nobles and wealthy freemen, I need to know how many troops I can call on."
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-07-27 at 01:19 AM.

Dragons!

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port-Out of the Crypts

Ship leads the way out of the Crypt, climbing the stairs. "Trap door up here, this looks like the way out."

With a heave Ship tossed off the trap door and a shaft of moonlight poured into the chamber. Ship froze at the top of the stairs, "Everyone hold up!"

Two voices could be heard idly conversing, "So what is it that note says?" "Just wait for the next note an' storm the temple." "Man, I don't know how I feel 'bout storming a temple." "A job's a job." "Yeah but you're grandma wasn't a Ravenkin."

Their voices faded as they walked past the trap door. Ship whispers down, "All right, they're gone."

"How'd you?"

"Like I told the Doctor, I am very good at hiding."
    I'd rather not stay still for any longer than we have to.

Dear King,

Sincerely,

Spoiler
    Show
    Temple 1 rolled his eyes as he read over the letter, petting his mind slave's head as he did so. The queen of Sarkan's eyes were glazed and lifeless, as a properly brainwashed monarch's should be when not recieveing commands. It had taken more than a few years to worm his way into power - first by taking the reigns of a beautiful young woman, full of promise, and squashing her independent will like the bug that it was, and then leading her to assassinate her own father and become Queen. (He had to admit he'd helped there)

Temple sighed as he had his mindslave read the letter delivered by bat again. He then directed his fellow Blur, temple 2, to prepare both the Royal Knights and the Sarkan Guard.

Prepare a return, my pet. He said calmly. Scribe it thusly:

To Lieutenant Jennifer of the Order of the Spear and the good Captain Eric of the same Order

For future reference, our land has a queen, not a King.

You claim that the Empire of Calasanctium, a nation unrecognized by our own kingdom, is requesting we pay tribute or be conquered. However, your letter appears to come directly from the Order of the Spear, with no reference nor mention of your Emperor.

Before assuming your Order is acting without the justification of any governing power, we will extend the common courtesy to request a confirming communique from the Emperor or other ruling figure of this Empire of Calasanctium.

Hoping you both are well,
    Queen of Sarkan
    The Nameless Monarch
    Sovereign of the Sea of Blood

Cutting through the political grandstanding, the letter told the Captain and Lieutenant they were NOT the rulers of any nation, let alone a fictitious one, and to at least get themselves one before playing Empire.

In short, a gigantic middle finger.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

The War of the Northern Kingdoms

The Imposter smiled, before him was the greatest army the North had ever seen, behind him was the best army in the world. "Do you think Nettal will play his part?"

Jennifer nodded, "Yes."

He looked at her from the corner of his eye, "I can smell fear in you."

"We have not heard from Sophia for months now. I would beg leave to search for her."

"Denied."

"Sir-"

"When this is all over, I promise you will have as long as you want. But for right now? This army, the world needs you."

Jennifer flinched but nodded, "I understand."

"Now let's send a message."

Bats flooded the sky, rats covered the ground, each of them carried a scroll. This far away from his army, no knight or Calasancti man could see. Only his generals could feel the dark power exercised in these lands and maybe the Vargulfi.

Dear King,

Sincerely,

Spoiler
    Show
    Imperator Vuk'Garan of the Black Reach Sovereignty read the letter and smiled monstrously. The visions and dreams had spoken truth, though he had never doubted them. He had not doubted for a moment in the millennia since his god had gone into hibernation.

Vuk'Garan towered imperiously above everyone else in the throne room, he sat while reading, but despite this his head was several feet above the wiry man who advised him, an old shaman of some kind who was almost as old as Vuk'Garan himself, if he could be believed.

Vuk'Garan was like a pillar of smoke and fire given life. An Ember Spirit, he had been a warrior that had fought the Calsanctium ages ago, and been brought back to life by Vargull. Infinite burning pits were his eyes, his mouth a line of jagged smokey fangs like a steel trap in front of a furnace, flames etched through the smoke of his form on his shoulders and arms, down his chest and on his legs. Upon his head was a crown of iron set with volcanic crystal, and he wore armor of steel that mimicked his fiery form.

His eyes etched a burning trail over the letter once more and his grin became feral. He gestured to a scribe to begin writing a counter letter. It was not that he could not have written it, he was no hotter than any normal man when he wished it, but it was unbefitting one of his station to write a reply to anyone but a monarch in person.

It read:
    "Dear Captain Eric,

I, Vuk'Garan, The Eternal Brazier, The Flame Everlasting, Sovereign Imperator and Grand Duke of the Sovereignty of the Black Reach do hereby respond to your cordial invitation in as appropriate a manner as I may.

I did not respect the sovereignty of your great nation over three thousand years ago when I and countless of my brothers came south and won these lands I now rule with their blood and their lives.

Though I have not further breached the lands of the Calsanctium, I see no reason to surrender the lands I have rightfully ruled in all the ages of the sleeping gods. In the name and in honor of the return of the most Glorious Divine Herald of War, The Lupos Belli Vargull himself, I respectfully decline your offer, and instead offer this alternative:

we shall meet you on the field of battle, and the sons and scions of the North shall commence holy War once more.

Cordially Yours, Imperator Vuk'Garan,

May Vargull Bless Your Endeavours."

That last might have been a bit much, but Vuk'Garan was not affraid of tipping his hand. After all, the Calsanctium brought War to the North. Whether he liked it or not, Vargull did bless these events, one way or another.

He took the letter, looked over it carefully to make sure it was as he said, and gave it along with the original letter to the wolf who had brought it, and after patting the blessed beast on the head, sent it on its way to return the letter.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2012-07-27 at 02:42 AM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

30. - Top - End - #330

Free Port

"Right." Ship looks around, "I think I can find the place my double died, stick close just in case."

With that Ship disappears from the top of the trap door.

Later

"Well this is the spot."

"All right, what is it we're looking for again?"

Ship sighed, "D@mn curse. We're looking for the spot my double died and I think this is it."

"Are you sure? I don't see a body."

"I'm sure, it's not often you get to experience death vacariously through a clone. Hmm,"

Ship studied the wall and then looked down the walkway, "Whew, yeah that's Big Momma, she is not trying to hide herself... at all."

"Trap?"

"I don't think so. I don't think she knows I survived and there aren't any other Blur in this city who'd rebel against her. And only Blur could follow this trail... I think."

The War of the North

Eric didn't even wait for all the responses to return. As he expected, the Northerners were a stubborn lot they would have to be conquered. He gathered his knights to give one final speech.

"When we embarked on this crusade, we knew only of the guilt of the Free Cities! Now, we have incontrovertiable evidence that the Kingdoms of the North supported them in the attack against our empire! The cowards could not attack us directly so they sought to use treacherous means! Now Lieutenant Jennifer has sent them all a letter, asking for them to identify the guilty ones so the innocent may be spared. They have all responded with arms!"

There were murmors among the knights, but Eric continued,

"What do we do when the guilty are hidden? The one who hides them must also be punished! At this moment! All the kingdoms of the North are guilty of collaborating with the Kingdom's enemies!"

The knights were silent, but Eric could see the hunger in their eyes, the campaign in the Free Cities had given them a taste for battle, all they needed was an excuse.

"So I say this. We march with the support of King Stephen and the gods! We march with the spirits of the fallen at our back. Let us go forth and take the Kingdoms of the North. In the name of Calasanctium!"

And they roared.

15 legions of men marched upon the North, ready to give battle to any that would oppose them.

Spoiler
    Show
    How do we want to handle this? RCR or just roleplay the battle where all the Kings/Queens of the North are banded together for one last stand, deciding the fate of the North once and for all?
    Gwyn, The First Knight