New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

frown Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Spoiler
    Show
    this will be quicker than I intended, I have to go, sending from my phone. I'm not going to do a whole lot.

Tresingiis flew over the deser, he like what was there but it wasnt enough to satisfy him. He felt empowered, and free to do what he will. So he felt to use his Power. He created a new artifact, the feathers of power, which is a tribal headdress for the chief of the cretaum. The headress allows the wearer to control local winds, up to 100 kilometers per hour, but not rain. Tresingiis blesses the Mirage Empire to recover and grow strong quickly. Finally, he puts together two guilds that the cretaum and goblin leaders voted for. One guild for mining, smithing, glass art, and other things that involve forges and digging. Another guild of Mirage elders that practice divine magic, they train in healing, and learn how to create force shields and push things with force.

Spoiler
    Show
    that all cost 9 Ap, I had 15+1 I. Now hAve 7. The PAP was On the blessing, when I next post, two rollovers will have happened, and I will join whatever pantheon kipt is in after these two dissolve so I will once again have 15 plus whatever pap goes up from a new pantheon. Cya soon, going to Canada.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

2. - Top - End - #332

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

The War of the North

Hazen is one of the more southern kingdoms of the north. It has one keep with low walls, but no lack of defenders near the middle of its modest territory. The population is made up entirely of Rangers who banded together after the brass gnome wars, having nowhere better to go on the western continent. Their king, Endar, is a greedy self-serving man, but he is generally respected for his combat and survival skills. Or what they used to be, as he now grows fat and lazy with his score of young wives, and devious heirs. The rangers keep no gods, revering only the strength of their men with their many axes. Their force, however, was more formidable than the small size of their small keep gave away. Poleaxes were the primary weapon used by the towns guard, as they liked to keep an off-hand free to grapple or even cast or enchant some kind of weak elemental druid magic.

When the letter arrived, Endar saw not a trap or a war, but an opportunity to profit. So he wrote back (not that it matters)

Dear Lt. Jennifer,

You're offer is inclining, but I need to know more details before I accept. You spoke of tribute, and I was curious at how much that would end up being. Of course, a good alliance works both ways, so I would be very interested to hear what you would offer me in return for such a tribute. Keep in mind that I only have in mind what's best for peace tidings between us.

Endar, King of Hazen

The letter obviously implies that Endar is open, and looking for a bribe. He is, however, not completely opposed to the idea of being occupied and paying his dues to overlord if it benefits him at the end of the day. He keeps his troops on his walls, and his gates shut, but flies a peace banner, and intends to let any diplomat in. Additionally, he sends one of his sons south to make some sort of pact, hopefully.
    Thordas is a boy of 17, and the second son that Endar ever had, essentially putting him second in line for his father thrones. However, with no clear system of heirs in place, it could go to anyone in the event of his death. He is a smart kid, knowing his diplomacy as well as being a good druid who favored a blast of fire to heat axe and foe in battle. No doubt sending him was a carefully planned, strategic political move on the part of his father.
    He is dressed in mail over gilded leather, and brings a guard of five with him dressed similarly, except far less ornate in dress. They ride swiftly, and are prepared for battle with wolves, or even a skirmish with another lord. A massive army is not what they were expecting to see. "Who commands this mass?!" Thordas cries out to the soldiers, his guardsmen forming a wall in front of him. He happened to be a good rider as well, and on a fast horse, so he might be able to get away if need be.

Silver Fire Isle
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll pick up on the raft to the Hidden Isle when Mattsedelf gets back.

They days seemed lonely at first, but soon they began to fly. Jib was good company, and Jewel began to love life on the Silver Fire Isle, as they so called it. The two had grown close, and together they had puzzled at the nature of the Arcane Fire. They both somehow knew that there had to be more two it, and they found that they appreciated its presence more and more. There was something more too it they realized the day they discovered sorcery. Jewel had always been a bit concerned for Jib in all of the tests he insisted he do to it. But this one was different; this one had results. She remembered him showing her how he could move small things with his hand, and make lights, and sound. It was amazing, and she found that she had powers herself.
    They believed that the Arcane Fire had some strange magic that gave them these powers. Now eager to show the world this strange flame that bestowed them powers, the pair builds a raft and plans to depart. Jewel will surely miss the presence of the Flame, and knows that doing so is dangerous, but can't bear the thought of this great knowledge being unknown.

3. - Top - End - #333

The War of the North

The army comes to a halt seemingly without an order. A dozen different banners representing each of Calasanctium's legions flap in the wind. After a few nerve wracking minutes, two riders depart from the mass, a ravenkin woman bearing light armor and a simple sword, her companion a strange staff and the druid can taste the immense druidic might within him. The woman approaches and inclines her head to the five Northerners. The other staying a little ways back.

"My name is Lieutenant Jennifer of the Order of the Spear. I lead this contingent of Calasanctium's army. And this is Nettal, our advisor."

She smoothly indicates one of the greatest druids in the world behind her. As if she were introducing two acquaintices.

"Why have you called for parlay?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Free Port

"Right." Ship looks around, "I think I can find the place my double died, stick close just in case."

With that Ship disappears from the top of the trap door.

Later

"Well this is the spot."

"All right, what is it we're looking for again?"

Ship sighed, "D@mn curse. We're looking for the spot my double died and I think this is it."

"Are you sure? I don't see a body."

"I'm sure, it's not often you get to experience death vacariously through a clone. Hmm,"

Ship studied the wall and then looked down the walkway, "Whew, yeah that's Big Momma, she is not trying to hide herself... at all."

"Trap?"

"I don't think so. I don't think she knows I survived and there aren't any other Blur in this city who'd rebel against her. And only Blur could follow this trail... I think."
    Lead on! The Doctor fake-yelled triumphantly, making a hand out of his bracelet form on Sophia's wrist and pointing off in a random direction. I'm the Doctor, and the Doctor is in! We five... Sophia, Ship, Murreen, other guy, me... Yes, five! We five shall make Big Momma pay for her crimes against the world! But first, we need CODENAMES!!

Seems he's back to normal.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #335

The War of the North

Thordas eyes the might of the legions in awe, wondering how any kingdom of the north could stand against it, and who had refused the offer. Probably all of them he thought to himself knowing their pride... Yes, he was definitely open to an alliance.

Thordas rode forward through his guardsmen and proclaimed "I am Thordas, second son of Endar, prince of Hazen. We received your letter. I was sent as an emissary to discus peace terms" he stumbles over the word peace seeing the might that they brought.

6. - Top - End - #336

Free Port

Sophia held up her wrist and raised an eyebrow, "Codenames?"

"I call Mother Bird!"

"Are all of Ombra's creations like this?"

Spoiler
    Show
    gonna give Ele a chance to post before moving this to Big Momma's house.

Parlay with the Son of a King

Jennifer nodded, "You are in luck, I have been given authority to discuss such terms."

There is an otherworldly beauty about her as she meets Thordas' eyes. Something almost compeling.

"What we are prepared to offer is this: In exchange for sending a contingent of your soldiers to serve as auxilaries. We will not seek war against your city, in fact we would recommend the ruler to receive titles of nobility and an increase in lands. While the knights do not have the power to bestow such titles ourselves. Our Captain is a Grand Duke and well within his rights to recommend someone to a rank as high as Marquess. Beyond that, his word would go a long way to naming the regional governor. Provided the services of your city are satisfactory of course."

Spoiler
    Show
    She's unconciously using the vampiric charming gaze, your decision how Thordas reacts, whether he just shrugs it off, or it makes him a little more amenable. My idea is this is very difficult to detect however.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

Sophia held up her wrist and raised an eyebrow, "Codenames?"

"I call Mother Bird!"

"Are all of Ombra's creations like this?"

Spoiler
    Show
    gonna give Ele a chance to post before moving this to Big Momma's house.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, waiting time.

No, just the fun ones. There's also hippo-centaurs and weird lizard-angels and Shadow-piranhas... but I digress. The Doctor mentally rubbed his chin. Let's see... So Ship is Mother Bird, I'm Stetson... He pointed. Sophia, would you prefer 'Mrs.Robinson,' 'The Legs', or 'Knightmare'?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-07-28 at 11:41 AM.

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #338

The Sunken Palaces
    Aquaeris sighed. He knew that he was fated to be lonely and seeking beauty. He knew many things.
    He concentrated, and power ripped through the deeps.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:

Alter Land: Makes the Sunken Palaces into a square world in the deeps of space, with two sides and a force surrounding the water-based plane, making it remain together and have gravity.

Alter Land: Create copies of the continents of the Material Plane, but blank and lifeless, while retaining their climates, as of yet. It is the same as a blank Prim Material, except a tiny island in the center of the center oceans. The Sunken Palaces themselves are on the reverse side of the world.

Create Life: All the world is now covered in biome-appropriate life.

Create Life: The Dual Sepulchre
    In the island of the central sea, trees grow. Each represent a dead god, and look like them; i.e. Kiloasa's would be covered in moss and mighty, Isanloff's would be an icy pine with gentle snow always covering it, Morgash's would be covered with arcane energy, etc. They all give off a few seeds each year, creating clusters of god-trees.

Create Concept: Portals to the Deep
    There randomly appear, about one per hundred miles at a time, portals to the Deep. The person entering the portal comes out where they were in the Material.

AP: 5-5: 0 AP.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The High Roads

Yohalles flies over the roads and thinks aloud So many people here, only going where they want to. Granted they get there sooner but its so.....BORING.

He closes his eyes and with one sweep of his arms he flies into a plane of his own creation. The Low Roads, a place any mortal can wander onto and when they do they find their trip taking about twice as long due to the road depositing them at random interesting locations(A scenic waterfall, a small town with great food, or even right infront of Yohalles himself)

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 2
    Rollover: +4 AP
    Weave Plane: The Low Roads -4 AP
    Ending AP: 2
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

10. - Top - End - #340

Free Port

"I'm sorry, why do we need code names?"

"To protect our identity, duh."

She raised an eyebrow, "Why would I need to protect that?"

"So they can't use your loved ones against you?"

"The only loved ones I have are more than capable of defending themselves."

"Just pick a freaking code name!"

Sophia rolled her eyes, "Fine, I'll go with Scholar."

"Really?"

"What?"

"Nothing."

Inside the Skull & Dagger

Kuruk had fallen asleep in the corner. It was well into the first watch and Sandra had one though on her mind, gods I'm bored.

She looked out the window and saw... a woman and two other humans. The woman was talking to her bracelet and it looked like she was talking to someone else. Weird

She gently roused Saul. "Hm, What?"

"I'm taking a walk."

"In a city we know next to nothing about? Did the journey make you stupid? I am not allowing that."

"Hey, I'm a fully trained knight now... besides I happen to know what happened to Kuruk's favorite wine.""

Saul soured, "I'm fairly certain blackmailing a superior officer is grounds for expulsion."

"And?"

Saul sighed, "Be careful."

"I always am."

So she snuck quietly out of the Inn, "MREOW!" "d@mn cat!"

At least she thought it was quietly.

Spoiler
    Show
    @Drowlord & Exachix: Did you guys catch Gwyn's offering of the flame for union of the magics?

Rollover: 5+4=9
    Gwyn, The First Knight

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

"I'm sorry, why do we need code names?"

"To protect our identity, duh."

She raised an eyebrow, "Why would I need to protect that?"

"So they can't use your loved ones against you?"

"The only loved ones I have are more than capable of defending themselves."

"Just pick a freaking code name!"

Sophia rolled her eyes, "Fine, I'll go with Scholar."

"Really?"

"What?"

"Nothing."
    Loved ones? I was doing it for fun.

The Doctor stared at Sophia when she said her codename, then burst out laughing. Oh, the Scholar would've hated you...

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #342

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Loved ones? I was doing it for fun.

The Doctor stared at Sophia when she said her codename, then burst out laughing. Oh, the Scholar would've hated you...
    "There's actually someone named the Scholar?"

"Yeah, Shadows go figure. Oh, don't know if you noticed but we're being watched... or you guys are. It's just a human so- Ship shrugged.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground

Free Port

"Codenames? I'm much too old for codenames. And besides, I hate my brother and that woman that he married."
    "Speak for yourself, I happen to like my niece."
    Marren thought for a moment.
    "Call me Requiem."
    "And you can just call me The Countess. I used to have so much fun pretending to be the King's third cousin."
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

14. - Top - End - #344

Free Port

"Fine, now that we're done with this 'codename' thing can we go?"

"Spoilsport."

"I won't even remember yours!"

Ship thought for a moment then shrugged, "The Doctor could tell you."

"Shut up."

Later

Ship lead, eyes closed, following the twisted energy that was Big Momma's signature. He stopped across the street from what looked to be a Brothel. Sailors and various other patrons provide a fair amount of traffic in and out.

Ship opened his eyes and spoke to the Doctor, the others being a little ways behind. "I got, three or four Blur in there, I'm almost certain Big Momma- the real Big Momma is one of them. Same energy I've been getting since I started tracking."

He looked behind him, "That human's still following us."

The Forest of Twilight

A shard of Gwyn appeared at the gates, her newly obtained shield lay covered on her back. "Uncle, if you are willing, please bring the best of the knights under your care."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-29 at 11:23 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

15. - Top - End - #345

Parlay with the Son of a King

Jennifer nodded, "You are in luck, I have been given authority to discuss such terms."

There is an otherworldly beauty about her as she meets Thordas' eyes. Something almost compeling.

"What we are prepared to offer is this: In exchange for sending a contingent of your soldiers to serve as auxilaries. We will not seek war against your city, in fact we would recommend the ruler to receive titles of nobility and an increase in lands. While the knights do not have the power to bestow such titles ourselves. Our Captain is a Grand Duke and well within his rights to recommend someone to a rank as high as Marquess. Beyond that, his word would go a long way to naming the regional governor. Provided the services of your city are satisfactory of course."

Spoiler
    Show
    She's unconciously using the vampiric charming gaze, your decision how Thordas reacts, whether he just shrugs it off, or it makes him a little more amenable. My idea is this is very difficult to detect however.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, noted. This should be fun to play, the Rangers are not known for having exceedingly high will.

Besides the charm, Thordas saw a fair amount of opportunity. It seemed not only generous for someone who brought such a mass behind them, but reasonable for them as well. "Your terms sound very reasonable. We would be honored if you would send a leader to Hazen Keep. I would very much like to see you again." Thordas said, the last part not being completely intended.

16. - Top - End - #346

The Deep
    Aquaeris knew that he had done a good thing, but he also knew that, if only he honored it, it would come to mean nothing.
    He knelt before the tree of his sister and said, "I will honor you."

Spirits of the dead Kalpans from ages past went through portals with letters to every god alive, given Godspeed indeed by their god.

Spoiler
    Show
    The letters are all invitations to the Deep. Aquaeris is going to have a ceremony to remember the dead gods and goddesses. I'd like every god to send a shard at least, but if there's a reason not to, or if your god decides not to go, that's okay too.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

17. - Top - End - #347

Parlay

Jennifer nodded and without her saying a word another warrior rode from the column. The first of the new converts to Vampirism were regulars in the Calasanctium army. This particular one, was a Colonel. In the heirarchy of the crusade he ranked above any of the knight's noncomissioned officers, but below the ten comissioned officers that comprised the order. He had been turned a week ago.

"Yes ma'am?"

"Thordas, this is Colonel Chekov a native to these lands."

Then to Chekov. "Follow our new friend here back to his city to discuss the terms of an alliance."

The Colonel bowed, "Right away."

"And do not fear Thordas. If you perform well, I am certain I will see you again." There was a seductive tone to her voice, that would have never existed, if she had been the old Jennifer.

The Deep

"A pretty ceremony to be sure." The Crone stood there, sorrow plan on her face.

"Apologies, but Gwyn will not be coming, it is still too painful for her yet. I shall attend in her stead." In truth, Gwyn did not know of the ceremony, it had been hidden from her, by the very being that stood in her place. All done, to protect the protector.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

18. - Top - End - #348

The Deep

Kipt came or sent an aspect, it was hard to tell which. Even in his most drab, sorrowful attire, his flamboyant nature showed through in the clothing design. He meant no disrespect, however, and he was truly sad. Kipt is perhaps the most emotional of the gods, showing great happiness and sadness both.
    "It was good of you to do this." Kipt says to Aqaeris "We all need to remember our family that has been lost." He embraces his brother quickly before moving on. He knew about the turmoil Aqaeris had had before about Aor, and knew that he could help him if need be.
    Kipt sits at the trees of all the fallen gods, even the ones he did not know and had not heard of. He could only imagine what some of the gods had been like, what they represented. He took great pause at the trees of Aor, Alyveran, and Isanloff; he paused the longest at Kiloasa's. Father he thought I will not leave your people godless, I cannot. I promise to care after your Woden in your absence. Absence. Such a true way of putting it, yet so sad it almost could not be. Kipt began to cry "They are all gone now. Never to return." he said somberly.

Parlay

"You shall be our honored guest." Thordas says without taking his eyes off Jennifer. "You know," he continues, brushing his hair back with a hand "I have always been of opinion that nothing solidifies a truce quite like a marriage."

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

The Deep

A shard of Ombra came to the deep, emerging from a shadow in the wall. His arms were clasped beneath the sleeves of his cloak as always, and though his face was obscured his eyes held sorrow. He bowed his head.I come to honor our dead kin.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #350

The Deep
    Aquaeris turned to the gods attending, at the Crone.
    So few., he thought.
    He suddenly surged with fierce resolution. Though it was a time to know the deaths of their ancestors and family, he would protect those gods remaining, through fire or death or anything.
    "I am glad you came here. If I do not presume too much, I would ask us all to think kindly of the departed. They... were not perfect. But tonight, we honor them."
    A tear fell from his eye, and turned into a flower on the ground.
    "I created this place to honor the dead. But with just one god, how can it be complete?"
    He held out his hand. It glowed with gentle blue light, somewhat like the aura of emotion around him earlier. But it gently shifted and changed, like the ocean, showing almost-hypnotic scenes from Aquaeris' point of view. They held noble sorrow, suffering, menancholy, joy, honor...
    "Again, if I presume too much, tell me. But what I wish is for us all to reach inside ourselves. Remember. Live what you have experienced, and hold your hand out, like I am doing now."
    He held his clenched hand out, and gently opened it. The currents fell like nourishing rain on the trees, and they curled, opened, and bloomed slightly wider.
    "This way, their memories will never die. They will live on... forever."
    He wept two more tears, then straightened again.
    "Thank you for coming here. I know this is demanding, paining, and you don't have to do it if you do not want to. I just wish... for once, that we could come together and honor the dead. And thus, become closer to the living and dead, so we may all have life in the memories of former days, which live on when all else fades..."
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

21. - Top - End - #351

The Deep

Kipt joined Aqaeris with enthusiasm. "You are right to do so, brother. We all need to remember."

22. - Top - End - #352

The Parlay

Jennifer smiled, "You have to earn that."

She returned to her army, leaving Colonel Chekov alone with the Prince.

The Deep

The Crone sighed bitterly, she held out her hand. "I will carry Gwyn's memories as well."

Warm memories flooded the wood of Isanloff and Morgash. Of Gwyn's brother she remembered his sacrifice. The memory was in as positive a light as she could manage, but it was tinged with doubt, she did not know the entirety of the truth. But she held a calm resolution to find out.

Of Isanloff, there were many more memories. Everything from the moment of Gwyn's birth, to feeling his death. The good and the bad, but inevitably tinted with affection. Isanloff actions were not excused, rather explained. Gwyn had been forged from need, the desire for honor in this world. Gwyn had felt every innocent death, including those in the Lokab Empire. And so the Crone understanding Gwyn, understood Isanloff. She had criticised him for wanting to end suffering, but she shared some of this desire, the deep desire to be unnecessary.

The difference was, the Crone knew this was an impossible dream.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

23. - Top - End - #353

The Deep

Kipt also sent forth a memory stream of Kiloasa. Kiloasa had many ideals about the way the world should be, and did his best to advance those. It was what made him who he was- the opposition to Karma, the belief in strength of will. But if you ripped all of that away, Kiloasa was, in Kipt's eyes, a being of love. He was just hardened, and sometimes had a different way of showing it. He had created Kipt after all, and he had loved Aor as a child with all his heart. Kipt tried to show them that even if they didn't see eye to eye with his father, he still had what he thought was best at heart. Kiloasa would be missed.

Parlay

"Might be that I will!" Thordas called out desperately. By this point, his guards were looking at him slightly mistrustfully, but they knew him to be a fair diplomat and trusted that at least. "Come" he said to Chevok, taking his reigns and riding away. How much jurisdiction does this guy have? Thordas wondered as the effects of the gaze wore off How much is he authorized to give us?

Hazen Keep

Before long, they had reached the keep of the Hazen lands. Thordas ushered him in, and his guards dispersed. "Here we are" he said dryly "I s'pose you'll want to talk with my father then." He sent for his father to be ready, which took a few minutes, but soon they entered the throne room. The throne itself sat squarely in the center of the room with a banquet table on one end, and something like a kitchen in the back. The banquet table was currently not in use, but some of the kitchens were. Between the table and the throne sat a few rows of chairs facing toward it. That is where Thordas directed Chevok to sit, then took seat next to him. The throne itself which Endar sits in is elevated a few feet off the ground by steps. Two servants attend Endar, serving him what looks like poorly cooked turkey legs. "Good. yer back," he says through a mouthful of turkey "and I see you've brought someone. So tell me, what are yer terms?" "Father, they have come with force to conquer the northerners who don't surrender." Thordas informs him politely "Ah, so we're one 'a the ones with our wits about us, eh? I'll tell ye what, we got soldiers, food, and supplies. This far north, the provisions we can get ye might just be the difference 'tween winnin' and loosin'." he takes another big bite of his turkey leg "So wadda ya say? waddev you got that'll make my efforts worth my while?"

24. - Top - End - #354

Hazen Keep

Colonel Chekov bowed slightly.

"What I am authorized to give as a commander of a legion is a share in the plunder and an increase of your current territory. However, Captain Eric is also a Grand Duke and thus has many priveleges, such as recommending someone to the nobility. Beyond that he has access to a vast treasury which his grace has devoted to this crusade. Beyond that, ask what you may and I will contact his grace with your terms."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

Ombra - The Deep

Ombra poured his own memories forth, what little they were. He placed memories into the trees of the gods he knew personally, respected from afar and knew only in passing. Most of the time what he gave were his impressions of the gods, but sometimes he had personal memories of interaction with those gods, and he put those in whenever possible.

Isanloff... He left out that he had never particularly liked his grandfather (to say the least) but he did pour his respect for the god's goal of a world without suffering forth. He added his first memory of the mirror-faced god, his great cease fire from oh so long ago... he placed all knowledge he had of the god's works, and poured forth his admiration, respect and even his little bit of fear.

He left out the anger, the indignation, the blind, frothing and broiling hatred. Why speak ill of the dead?

Kiloasa... Ombra didn't have many memories of him. He showed the god's dedication to freedom in his creations and churches. He showed his invitation to join the Manyfold Guardians, and put great emphasis on the god's dedication to freedom and cooperation.

He stood before the tree of his father, Morgash, the high warlock, and realized with a start that he knew next to nothing about his own progenitor.

Ombra was at a complete loss, just staring at the tree that was all that remained of his father. Heh. He chuckled bitterly to himself. I could write an epic on my worst enemy and five series worth of material for the Doctor... but not a page on my father... He looked down at the ground, eyes filled with sorrow. And no closer to my goal than when I began...

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #356

GnomeWizardGuy

The Deep

Yohalles himself appears, walking towards the trees. A long black cloak and some simple pants are his only adornment, and he holds a shepherd's staff. He looks as if he is about to say something but he only extends his hand palm up, the few memories he has of Kiloasa floating from it like a small yellow fog. He then kneels down, looking at Islanoff's tree Uncle, my only wish is that I could've known you. he then drops his staff and puts his forehead and hands on Kiloasa's tree. Cousin. The answer is yes. I will protect the mortal races. I will provide for them. I.....I will not let the work you started end with your death! the last sentence is shouted and two tears fall to the ground.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

27. - Top - End - #357

The Deep

The Crone looked at Ombra, "There is a simple fix for that you know. Go to Morgrazar, ask Belsheroth for your father's diary and perhaps you could write that page."

The Crone simply watched Yohalles, she had no comforting words to offer him, he already knew what needed to be done. There was nothing else to say, just as there was nothing to say to Gwyn so too many of these gods ust needed a moment to mourn.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-31 at 09:33 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

The Deep

The Crone looked at Ombra, "There is a simple fix for that you know. Go to Morgrazar, ask Belsheroth for your father's diary and perhaps you could write that page."

The Crone simply watched Yohalles, she had no comforting words to offer him, he already knew what needed to be done. There was nothing else to say, just as there was nothing to say to Gwyn so too many of these gods ust needed a moment to mourn.

Ombra
    [The Deep]

Knowing what your father has done and what he thought of himself is not knowing him. Ombra replied quietly. And I... He stopped, sighed, and folded his arms again. Never mind.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-07-31 at 10:07 AM.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #359

GnomeWizardGuy

The Deep

Yohalles stands up wordlessly and teleports away, leaving his sheperd's staff stuck in the ground by Kiloasa's tree. Slowly a small bright yellow flower sprouts from the staff, glowing dully in the light.

The Mistlands

Yohalles walks around, searching for something Kiloasa might have left behind. An herb maybe, or some books. He sees a glint in the distance and takes flight, quickly coming up to Kiloasa's Obsidian Axe. He gently picks it up and looks upward. If there is even a sliver of you still left here cousin......thank you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Didn't think a small flower warranted an expenditure of AP

Yohalles now possesses the Obsidian Axe.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

30. - Top - End - #360

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Ombra
    [The Deep]

Knowing what your father has done and what he thought of himself is not knowing him. Ombra replied quietly. And I... He stopped, sighed, and folded his arms again. Never mind.
    The Crone nodded, "I had not taken you for a philosopher vigilante. Nontheless I stick to my suggesstion. It's not perfect and what happened to your father was not fair. But it is the best you can do to understand him."

She looked around her, "So few of us have come. I wonder what the others are up to."
    Gwyn, The First Knight