New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Silver Fire Isle

"Good idea" Jewel replies the first notion, still sounding somber. "No" she says to the second "It's fine." she turns away from him and toward the direction of the fruit and strokes her hair down her shoulder, looking anxious. Fine here would most likely have the diction of not fine used mainly people who are upset. I'm such a fool. He was obviously just being nice earlier. RRgh i'm such an idiot. Why did I do that? I read into that way wrong.

The Council of the Low Roads

"I agree that a pantheon might be a good idea at this point. As a safety net if nothing else. When gods clash, it is good to have something in place to keep it from getting out of hand." he doesn't sound quite as sure of himself as he did earlier "But if gods would choose to live outside of that common law, then maybe we aren't ready to be united yet." he sighs, and looks at the faces around him. The gods he knew and loved; those who had hurt each other and those around them, who had been deceived by evils and left evils unpunished, who furthered their own goals instead of contributing to the common good. Am I not just as guilty? Kipt thought Rangers have elected to leave my light, and I created Archons to defend my own people. "I just hope we know what needs to be done before it is too late."
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-08-08 at 12:20 PM.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

The Low Roads

Belsheroth turns to Tresingiis.
    "Yes, my liver has healed very nicely."
    Turning back to the assembled Gods he spoke further.
    "If we are to have a pantheon, I would propose leadership by Gwyn. She has a claim of inheritance and is well known by us all as honourable and just.
    "I could claim right of seniority, but I neither possess or desire it."
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post

"I agree that a pantheon might be a good idea at this point. As a safety net if nothing else. When gods clash, it is good to have something in place to keep it from getting out of hand." he doesn't sound quite as sure of himself as he did earlier "But if gods would choose to live outside of that common law, then maybe we aren't ready to be united yet." he sighs, and looks at the faces around him. The gods he knew and loved; those who had hurt each other and those around them, who had been deceived by evils and left evils unpunished, who furthered their own goals instead of contributing to the common good. Am I not just as guilty? Kipt thought Rangers have elected to leave my light, and I created Archons to defend my own people. "I just hope we know what needs to be done before it is too late."
    "Too late?" Oh how naive...Ombra chuckled darkly. It is already too late. It was too late even before I was born. He turned his gaze to Kipt. Frankly if you want to make a world even close to 'good enough', you'd have to destroy this one entirely and start all over. He turned to leave. All we can do is improve on what's beyond saving as best we can.

He stopped walking, then looked over his shoulder and added, But if you need my help, let me know. I will lend myself to anything that could make this world less appalling. He left for the Shadowlands.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #424

The Council of The Low Roads

Kipt thought about what Belsheroth had said. It was interesting to hear him pronounce Gwyn's right of inheritance. He was right that Gwyn was also honorable, but saying that she had a right simply because of who her father was struck him as odd. And am I a candidate now, as Tresingiis would have me be because of who my father was? Am I nothing more than a shadow of Kiloasa, destined to finish his work? No. But am I now destined to be at ends with the Daughter of his idealist rival, supported by his worst enemy? Kipt couldn't help thinking. He knew Gwyn better than that. Kipt Liked Gwyn well enough, and she seemed like a good candidate to lead them. Belsheroth, who had mentioned his own claim, seemed poorly fit as one who was more likely to cause mayhem in the world than stop it. He knew that Belsheroth wanted only the best, and he was one god in particular who he thought could benefit from the council of a pantheon. "I would support Gwyn, if she was in favor of leading us." he said decisively, and did not regret his words. Gwyn almost seemed built to lead; she was strong to the core, someone who could make hard decisions with what was best in mind, while he was softer and more idealistic about conflict resolution.

Yohalles he hardly knew well enough to support. The problem Kipt had with him was that he didn't have enough work in the world to prove what kind of god he was. Kipt trusted him to an extent, but a self nomination almost sounded like he was more interested in having a position granting control than benefiting those who were to be beneath him.

Ombra's sentiment on the state of things was another matter to him altogether. Kipt thought it quite rude to disrespect his purpose as Ombra did, and it got his anger going a bit. He really thinks were all damned to suffer and die meaningless deaths. Kipt had hardly felt anger at any point in his existence, but he was feeling it now. But alas Ombra had left him before he had a chance to say anything back, and perhaps it was for his own good. He is wrong Kipt decided there is good in this world and it's worth fighting for. Ombra is just a hypocrite who would rather proclaim that the world is past saving than save it. In that moment, he pitied Ombra. Kipt decided that Ombra was the one that was damned. Damned to fight a battle that he will always believe he is loosing; never to see the light.

5. - Top - End - #425

BlueWizardGirl

Counsel of the gods

So it would seem, gods have never been in agreement. Tresingiis was struck by an idea. _I must know which of them are willing to work together._ " I would follow Gwyn if she was willing to lead, just as I would follow Kipt, but in case you missed it, she doesn't want to join a us right now. I don't hate Belsheroth as much as you might think." Tresingiis didn't realize it until now, but much of his opposition to Belsheroth was guided in his infancy, and not his own. but after all, what did they really expect from me when they spawned me? What could I even have done differently to remedy the situation? These new thoughts hadn't emerged until Kiloasa's death. "Kipt, Gwyn, or Belsheroth. We can start picking favorites now. One of them must lead us."

Silver Fire Island

Jib decided to compensate for what he thought of as having pissed Jewel off by working off his regret, and collecting food so he didn't have to think about it. "I can see that you're not, but who am I to argue. Let's get moving then." And he went off and gathered food, and water in coconut shells. He stopped when they had enough for a week for both of them. "This is as much as we want to put on our raft " He knew Jewel was still upset, but he could guess being alone on a raft with about 5 ft moving space would force them to talk about it before they hit shore.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

6. - Top - End - #426

Council of the Gods
    Aquaeris appeared with a shimmer of blue light. "I am sorry for being so late. I had distracting buisness to attend to."
    His face was very upbeat compared to the menancholy it had once expressed, but his eyes still held it, and 3000 years of sleepless nights.
    "I understand that we are having a vote for who will lead us."
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The Low Roads

Yohalles looks where Ombra once was His outlook, that the world is unsaveable is not one I care for. As for who has the birthright to lead, I care even less. But Kipt? I will follow you if you choose to lead us.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

8. - Top - End - #428

Free Port

Sandra's dagger punches through thin air as Ship is knocked across the room. "But she's a little girl!"

Sophia locked blades with her attacker, struggling to hold him at bay. "Then. Knock. Her. Out."

Sandra drew back the dagger and slammed the pommel into the girl's temple. The girl lost conciousness and Ship hit the floor as the warrior seemed to snap back into reality.

"Wha-" A mailed fist collided with his jaw sending him into the realm of unconciousness.

Sophia shook her hand trying to get the feeling back, "Sorry,"

Sandra looked at the Doctor, "So is that it?"

The Low Roads

"I do not want to lead." Gwyn said simply, "I think I would be far too uncompromising to serve as your leader. For the same reason, I would suggest that you make the leadership position a symbolic one who's only real authority is over who enters the pantheon. In my experience, gods like mortals, are not eager to adhere to an autocrat."

Drestin

"Well if all you wanna do is trade why're you looking for an authority figure? Get down tah da docks and get a contract with some merchant." He holds out his hand and rubs two fingers together, "Heck I'll guide you there fer some compensation."

Spoiler
    Show
    Well this is embarasing, It seems I lost 2 AP to the Aether. I was looking around the old posts, checking for how recently people had posted and noticed that my AP went from 10 to 8 without spending those two.

So Gwyn is at 5+2=7
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

The Low Roads

I think we can all agree that no one is thinking about sovereignty, merely administration.
    Gwyn, you are most trustworthy. I would align myself with you if you are willing to lead. But as you choose otherwise, I shall support my own claim and as such, offer to take on this task of administration.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

10. - Top - End - #430

GnomeWizardGuy

The Low Roads

Between the two remaining candidates, Kipt has two votes to Besheroth's one. What say you Aquaeris? Who would you have hold this symbolic position? he ponders a bit Or perhaps we could have a friendly bout? Whoever wins leads the pantheon? his grip on The Obsidian Axe tightens noticeably, though his smile never fades.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

11. - Top - End - #431

The Low Roads
    "I wish to judge from leadership rather than favoritism. Thus, I do not mean to be favoritist in this, but I must vote for Kipt. He has the charisma, the perseverance and the spirit. I know almost nothing of Belsheroth's exploits. However, if I am proven wrong, I will retract my vote."
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

12. - Top - End - #432

Council of The Low Roads

In response to Yohalles, Kipt agrees with his first point about Ombra and birthrights, and voices his opinion by simply saying "Yes, agreed." Kipt nods at him in thanks for his support. Likewise, he nods at Aqaeris.

Perhaps Gwyn is wiser than the rest of us who would aspire to lead Kipt thought. But he knew that his ability to compromise was one of his stronger qualities. "Agreed," he says to Belsheroth about his administration of sovereignty point. "I would offer guidance to those who want it, and only interfere directly when no alternative presents itself. Hopefully diplomacy and compromise will be possible" He now feels a little stronger about himself as leader.

Later, when Yohalles suggests fighting for leadership, Kipt looks at him as if he is crazy. "A bout?" he asks, completely not expecting the idea. "I would think that that would be exactly what we would look to avoid. We don't necessarily need a leader who is willing to use physical strength to solve his problems, but one who will listen to others; one who the people want to lead them."

Silver Fire Isle

"I'm fine," Jewel insists, looking out to sea, and now seeming very distant. "I suppose we should go then" she adds, not sounding very enthusiastic. This was what she had wanted, but she now had the nagging fear that Jib would leave her once they hit land. I know he left his old life behind because he didn't like it, why not this one with me? What am I to him now other than a girl he knows likes him, but doesn't like? She takes one last orange, moves toward the raft, sits down, and begins to peel it, still staring out to sea.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-08-08 at 04:19 PM.

13. - Top - End - #433

GnomeWizardGuy

The Low Roads

Aw why not? We could go to first blood! Or even better, TO THE DEATH. Yohalles pauses for a few seconds with a serious and maniacle look on his face. Then he breaks down in uncontrollable laughter. I'm kidding cousin, but the look on your face is one I will always remember. his form grows younger as he laughs but returns to the elder soon after. His grip on the axe loosens and he bows his head, the smile still wide across his face.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

14. - Top - End - #434

BlueWizardGirl

The Counsel of the Gods

Tresingiis seems to agree with Kipt and doesn't appreciate Yohalles's joke."Yohalles, there is a time and place for everything, but picking a fight with our choice of leader, surrounded by the lot of us is a bad idea. " He examines each god closely, shifting his gaze, especially Yohalles. "So Kipt will lead a group of us. Are there other issues people would like to present, since we are all here? Is there something else we can agree on? Universal currency? Time zones? Matching T-shirts?" He jests.

Silver Fire Island

Jib finishes packing, and tries to sit down next to Jewel. He is flustered for lack of a solution to Jewel's mood swings. He figures he could try something unexpected, having no good expected solutions. "We should leave soon, but you seem perplexed. What's wrong, is there someone or something back home that you miss?" He tries to reassure Jewel, and shift her focus.

Drestin

"Okay then, let's go to the docks. Here's some compensation. Tell me, are all the kids in this place working at such a young age? "He hands the child a silver wristband, and tells his men to follow him.
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2012-08-09 at 08:50 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Free Port

Sandra's dagger punches through thin air as Ship is knocked across the room. "But she's a little girl!"

Sophia locked blades with her attacker, struggling to hold him at bay. "Then. Knock. Her. Out."

Sandra drew back the dagger and slammed the pommel into the girl's temple. The girl lost conciousness and Ship hit the floor as the warrior seemed to snap back into reality.

"Wha-" A mailed fist collided with his jaw sending him into the realm of unconciousness.

Sophia shook her hand trying to get the feeling back, "Sorry,"

Sandra looked at the Doctor, "So is that it?"
    He nodded, then slumped down a bit. For now, yeah... But... I don't think... we got... Big Momma... He shook his head, and formed a hand to rub at his forehead. ...Mind's a little... fuzzy... She's one tough ol' bitch...

The World

Ombra knew he had put this off long enough. It was time he fulfilled his promise to Nettal and made the creatures from his game.

For the Hippotaur, he searched out for rivers on the main continent. When he found a river that was wide enough and/or deep enough, he spread his arms wide and created a many of the creatures, enough to begin the formation of tribes and civilizations. He had seeded hundreds of Cetrumen on dozens of different rivers by the time he was satisfied that they would be able to exist at least semi-permanently. The Hippota- Cetrumen would be fine, and even if one tribe of the strange creatures was destroyed, the rest would live on.

The Lizangels (or as he called them Dark Angels) however, were a bit trickier. To properly facilitate the kind of creature he had created in the game, he would need to give them an entire society, one capable of developing and teaching martial arts. But soceities were one of the evils he fought against, how could he force this group of creatures into such a thing...

Ombra pondered this dilemma for a long time before the answer came to him: He would just have to make the race a race of wanderers. There would be a place to teach the martial arts to any who would come to learn, but none who entered were bound to stay, and in fact were encouraged to leave when they believed their training could go no further.

To facilitate this new idea, he found a group of mountains on the east side of the main continent, unclaimed by any civilization thus far. He created his Lizard Angels, and told them of their mission: to create and master martial arts styles and spread their teachings to any who wish to learn. As they nodded their assent, they began to build their temple in the mountains, their bodies already adjusting to the cold. Their scales turned from Dark green to dark blue, and their wings became as white as snow.

When Ombra returned to the Shadowlands, he was surprised to find that giving his Dark Angels such a role had given him an immense deal of satisfaction. He returned to his tower to meditate on why that could be.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ombra has already spent the AP to create these creatures in the OOC thread.

Create Organization: The Whitewing Chapter - 2AP
    -A monastic order created by Ombra and the first of the Dark Angel's temples, the Whitewing Chapter is a group of Dark Angels that exist to learn of, create, and master martial arts. Their main 'center of operations', for lack of a better phrase, is a temple within the mountain range on the east part of the south half of the main continent. Any who wish to learn the arts may do so by travelling to the temple. Though technically the temple has no 'teachers', anyone who comes to learn may do so by sparring, asking for advice or otherwise learning from the monks in the temple. Any who come are also free to leave at any time, and the Dark Angels rarely force supplicants to leave.

AP Usage: 11-2=9AP
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-08-08 at 10:48 PM.

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #436

GnomeWizardGuy

The Low Roads

Yohalles looks at Tresingiis and sighs, shaking his head at his first words. He bites back any comment he might have though. Then when he mentions matching T-shirts Yohalles looks down at himself. Ooo! Ooo! Could we do matching LOINCLOTHS?!? he stomps one foot and his loincloth changes so that it is bright yellow with the words "The Guardians" embroidered in black.

Once again his form is that of a younger man(with long neon yellow hair braided with multicolor beads, wolf legs and medium-sized dove wings of course)
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ettin in the Playground

The Low Roads

Belsheroth ignores Yohalles's antics and instead focuses on a more serious issue.
    "Then it is agreed. Kipt shall lead us.
    "But, what shall we name ourselves when we form this pantheon? It cannot be either the Directors or the Guardians, no matter what adjectives are placed before them.
    "I propose we call ourselves The Assembly. It is a suitable and all inclusive name with no political connotations."

Dragons!

18. - Top - End - #438

Council of The Low Roads

"Alright then" Kipt said, trying to get past the silly nonsense going on. That proved hard for him to do because he loved silly nonsense, but he didn't want this meeting to have it's purpose taken from it, and above all else he did not want the less goofy gods to feel alienated. He turns to Belsheroth and continues "I think Belsheroth has the right of this. Yohalles, you might wanna go with a different design on the loincloth." he added, but that was all the silliness he allowed himself.

"I would name this group the Empowered Council because we are stronger together, and we would do well to offer each other advise when needed. A council is a group that can make things happen, an assembly is simply a group. Anyhow, names make little matter. We can talk about them later. We know we want to form this group, so let us do it"
    Spoiler
    Show
    AP
    Starting with: 6
    Creation of Pantheon: -2
    Ending with: 4
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-08-09 at 02:03 AM.

19. - Top - End - #439

The Low Roads
    Aquaeris barely succeeded in not smirking at Yohalles' antics. It was the first he'd (almost) laughed in a long time.

"Very well then. I believe that the Assembly is a more fitting name; though I might suggest, instead, the Divine Council."

He paused.

"If you would wish, I will create our base and bastion. However, where shall it be situated? The mortal world should not hold it, and I do not wish to bring up any god by having it in their domain... Therefore, I suggest its placement on Geasa."
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ettin in the Playground

"Congratulations Kipt."
    Belsheroth reached into the air and grabbed a sunbeam, forming it into a small golden badge.
    "My gift to you, and a symbol of your leadership."
    He handed it to Kipt.
    "I am sure you will find some use for it."
    Belsheroth turned to Aquaeris.
    "Agreed. Geasa is the most suitable location. It is centralised and neutral and the Gnomes shall not be bothered by us or us by them."
    He pondered for a moment. Do their shrine forges still function? Their society may soon collapse...

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 18
    Join Pantheon 1 Ap
    Create Relic: The Golden Badge. 4 AP
    This relic radiates a permanent bless that banishes the terrors of the night and allows those who are within one hundred miles of it to sleep free from nightmares. This effect is active whether or not the badge is worn.
    Remaining AP: 13

Dragons!

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Black Reach Sovereignty

The Black Fist Guard, Army of the Black Reach, Claw of Vuk'Garan, marched south from the Sovereignty's border. A power to be reckoned with even amongst the North, thousands of lycanthropes, Wargs, and even Ember Spirits marched alongside men and beasts, a great and terrible host of warhungry Vargulfi people. Great fiery banners with the sigil of Vuk'Garan, a clawed black fist half-clenched, rose above the army throughout.

Though they seemed a motley horde of disparate and dissimilar peoples, their voices rose as one, they marched with imperial precision, and their arms and weapons matched as perfectly as could be expected of so different races. Fists rose into the air as the drummers met crescendo after crescendo, a tide of red and black marched over the hills and lands of the Kingdoms, seeming to shake the whole world awake from its sleepy dreams.

At the head of this terrible legion was Vuk'Garan himself. Dressed in armor of pure black and gray, covered in soot and ash, wielding a mighty greatsword measuring a foot taller than the tallest man he had ever met, his iron crown, now clearly shown as designed to fit as a piece in a more elaborate helm. Briefly Vuk'Garan had considered sending one of his proxies. They would represent him well, and even after millennial it was hard for people to tell him apart from some of his brother Ember spirits, but eventually he had decided against it. He was immortal, his spirit would always reform no matter the injury or damage. And, he laughed, even if he met his final end, Vargull was awake, and would surely receive him. No, he would fight now, though he knew he and the other kingdoms would lose.

Considering that, he turned to his aide "Send the messengers to the Vargulfi agents in the other nations. We need to co-ordinate to make sure we lose this war, as showily as possible. It will not due to let the Calsanctium know of our lord Vargull's efforts... and an easy war will not please him, nor I."

The tall Northern man nodded, "Shall we deal with the boy-king of Cerune? His loss would be a great blow to their morale, and countless people want him dead anyhow, they are likely sending their own assassins as we speak. One more will be no curious thing."

"He is infamously difficult to assassinate, which is well for his kingdom... besides I don't kill children." Vuk'Garan laughed, smoke and fire spitting from his mouth and nostrils "But Drogul... Drogul kills children. I hear he's available... send him a message as well."
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

22. - Top - End - #442

GnomeWizardGuy

The Low Roads

Yohalles stomps his foot again and the loincloth changes to say "The Assembled Council of Empowered Divinity" then, in what seems like an instant, the elderly form seen before appears and rips The Obsidian Axe out of his hand, whacking him upside the head with the flat end. Oh will you stop acting like such a child! There is a time and a place for buffoonery and during the meeting that I called is not the time. he turns and offered The Obsidian Axe to Kipt. He'll do something stupid with it and though I would use it well I find it fitting that the new leader holds something of the old.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 3
    Join Pantheon: -1 AP
    Ending AP: 2
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

23. - Top - End - #443

Free Port

"Figures. Was she even here to begin with?"

"Yeah, she is."

"Are you Ship?"

Ship 7 ignored Sophia as he went over to the bed and pushed it aside, "Bitch nearly crushed my Free Will, but I managed to claw inside her mind before she tossed me out."

As the bed rolled aside it reveals a small wooden door. Ship opens the door to reveal a feminine form sleeping in a glass coffin, small holes drilled into the roof for air.

"Ladies, Shadow-thing, meet Big Momma."

Drestin

He takes the bracelet gleefully and waves off a few of the children who had begun riffling through the sacks, demurely the children returned what they had already fished out. "We don't really work, just do whatever we can to get by. We're orphans mister, most of us were whoresons before our mamas got themselves killed for dissatisfying a customer. Me? I ain't never had no parent, ain't want them either, lotta hassle is what they are."

He tossed the bracelet to one of the kids who promptly ran off, intending to sell the bracelet to the nearest fence and buy food for the make shift family. "Name's Tobi by the way."

He begins to lead them through the nonsensible organic streets that make up the city of Free Port.

The Low Roads

"Why not simply call yourselves the Lowroad Council? It was where you were formed afterall." She looks up, knowing that Merolle had gone into a deep slumber.

"Regardless, I've been neglecting my duties to the Inevitables. I'll get them out of your way." With that, she disappears.

On the Second Ring of Geasa in the Inevitable headquarters.

The Inevitable monitoring the conflict in the North turned coolly to regard Gwyn as she popped into existence behind him, "Lady Gwyn, to what do we owe your presence."

"Geasea is about to be claimed by a new pantheon, I need you to relocate to Anreydu and I need to see all of your reports."

"Very well, but as you know we do not keep reports on those outside of Karma."

"Bull. We both know you keep tabs on everyone from up here."

The Inevitable cocked his head, then nodded, "It is as you say. I will bring the files to you myself."

"Good, what's your name?"

"Zelekhut number Z-759."

"Very well, acknowledge shift of command from Merolle and Isanloff to me, assuming my uncle does not object."

They waited and nothing happened.

"Acknowledged."

"Good, go to Anreydu, now let's discuss your new assignment."

Anreydu

And so the Inevitables came to live in Anreydu, they concerned themselves entirely with their investigations, rather than in enforcing the law. The Exalted Knights would handle any enforcement that needed done. Still at all times many Inevitables were visiting many different places and planes, monitoring, recording, finding what information they could about the structure of the world.

Yet Karma was changed. They no longer investigated the smaller crimes, even murders were discarded as beneath them.

The lowest crime they concerned themselves with was the attempts at genocide by the Blur. But this was discarded, as it was concluded unlikely to come about.

Instead the Inevitables investigated the god plague and murders that took place afterwards.

But beyond that, they did not record everything with the intention of finding crimes. No, many of the Inevitables were now gathering scientific data. Trying to discover the inner workings of the universe and just what would be dangerous to it.

So it came to be the Anreydu became one of the greatest repositories of scientific and magical knowledge in all the planes.

Gwyn, meanwhile ignored the advancements wrought by the Inevitables. She looked towards the dreaming, somewhere in there, was the murderer of her father... and he would pay.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP 7
    Bless Karma: Karma no longer intereferes in the daily lives of mortals. Inevitables now use it as monitoring system to keep an eye on events and only act to things of world shattering importance, such as investigating the deicides and keeping the planes intact.

The lowest crime they will react to is genocide. Even then, they only investigate, very rarely is an Inevitable sent to enforce the law. Instead it's usually the Deathless sent to right wrongs, punish evil doers, etc.

Bless The Inevitables: They now serve as something like a scientific organization. Investigating recording, speculating. Gwyn thinks you need to understand the universe to protect it and the Inevitables have now accumulated vast scientific and magical knowledge in the interests of protecting the planes from any danger.

Ending AP 5
    Gwyn, The First Knight

24. - Top - End - #444

The Low Roads
    Aquaeris smiled at Kipt. "I know you'll do well, brother."

Better than I would have done.

"I will go make our fortress."

Geasa
    Aquaeris appeared with a pop in Geasa, treading the verdigrised cogs of the huge plane.
    He shaped the land, kneading it into a huge fortress.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    Shape Land: Acabarë

A huge, purely iron fortress rises in the center of Geasa. It is divided into several towers, each with defenses conforming to the warlike version of the god inhabiting it, and the inside forms a mini-environment for the more peaceful side. All the towers are joined together by walls, which have walkways for gods visiting other towers. Each god is represented by a swirling symbol over their tower that symbolizes their nature. The castle automatically grows to fit and create new towers.

AP: 2-2=0 AP.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

25. - Top - End - #445

The Shadowlands

An old woman appeared, sitting seemingly on nothing in the air next to Ombra, "What is it you look for in solitude Ombra? Do the shadows give answer to your questions?"

The Crone clicked her tongue, "Ah, it is of no moment, I came here for a reason. Gwyn, is going to return to the dreaming and she will need your help."

The Low Roads, Next to Kipt

"Hail! Kipt!" The Crone waved. "I would speak to you privately if I could."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

The Shadowlands

An old woman appeared, sitting seemingly on nothing in the air next to Ombra, "What is it you look for in solitude Ombra? Do the shadows give answer to your questions?"
    Solitude lets a man sort through his thoughts, discard what others place inside it, and think and feel without fear of another's reaction. The fact that the shadows answer my questions occasionally is just a bonus. Ombra turned and looked at the Crone and pointed at the adjacent chair in the bottom room of his tower. I have extra seats you can use, you know. Heck, entire rooms if need be. He gestured with his other hand to the staircase at the front of the room.

The Crone clicked her tongue, "Ah, it is of no moment, I came here for a reason. Gwyn, is going to return to the dreaming and she will need your help."
    She has it. He said, standing immediately and crossing his arms beneath his sleeves. Always. Where is she?

Free Port

"Figures. Was she even here to begin with?"

"Yeah, she is."

"Are you Ship?"

Ship 7 ignored Sophia as he went over to the bed and pushed it aside, "Bitch nearly crushed my Free Will, but I managed to claw inside her mind before she tossed me out."

As the bed rolled aside it reveals a small wooden door. Ship opens the door to reveal a feminine form sleeping in a glass coffin, small holes drilled into the roof for air.

"Ladies, Shadow-thing, meet Big Momma."
    I'll try not to take offense at being called a 'Shadow-thing', mostly because I've been called worse. The Doctor frowned and ran his claws over the glass. Ship, can you take a closer look at this coffin... The subconscious notices far more than the conscious - what we think of as ourselves. If she could find a way to get THAT to manage her psychic powers... This glass, could it help her with that? Ship?

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #447

"Thank you, friends." Kipt proclaims to the lot of them, thanking them for different things. "I appreciate your gifts, but it was not necessary. I am grateful nonetheless, and will wear this golden pin as a badge of office until I decide to use it otherwise. The axe, I will keep on my quarters in Geasa." Kipt reflected that the notion of Geasa had come up and been approved very fast. Personally, he hated the plane. He found everything created by Merolle to be completely against his own style, but he would serve there without objection if that was what his councilors wanted. There were things more important than taste.

"Greetings," Kipt replied. "Granted." then, turning back from the Crone to the councilors for his next line "If you would excuse me for a moment. Come, I know just the place."

Acabare, Tower of Kipt

"What would you tell me now that we are alone?"

Silver Fire Isle

"It's just that-" Jewel tries for an answer but is having a hard time. She sighs "Jib-" she takes a long pause to think up what she wants to say. "It's just that for a moment, I thought you might have had feelings for me, ok?" She seems abashed after saying this; it sounded very hard for her to say.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

The Pantheon formed, Belsheroth bowed to the assembled gods before and remounted his steed.
    "Apologies, but I have matters to attend to."
    And with that, he rode off into the darkness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 13 (Ooh! Unlucky!)
    Create Relic: Steed of Death.
    They say that death rides on a pale horse. No he doesn't. He rides on one composed of shadow. +2 RCR
    Remaing AP: 9

Dragons!

29. - Top - End - #449

Free Port

"Nope, she's a Blur that was sent into a coma after barely escaping a cave in. If she's to be believed you had something to do with that."

Ship looked down, "Y'know for a murderous sociopath whose powers are still active despite being in a permanent coma. I'd say she almost looks peaceful."

"I can't kill a helpless opponent. What do we do with her?"

"Helpless? Ha! She's trying to claw her way through the prison I set for her as we speak. Luckily she's weakened from trying to tear the Doctor in half.

Hmm, I just need to prove to other Blur she controlled me. Then that'll take care of itself."

The Shadowlands

The Crone smiled, "In the third highest tower of the Citadel of Light. And Ombra?"

She smiled in a knowing grandmotherly way,

"She is courageous with life and limb, but her heart? She's as clueless as you."

With that, the Crone disappeared.

Acabare

The Crone smiled, "First, I would congratulate you on becoming leader of the new pantheon. Gwyn is a General not a King, she would not know what to do with political power. You, will do a better job with it."

The Crone waved her hand, "But that is not why I have come. Gwyn is about to pursue a very dangerous task in the Dreaming. And she will need your help."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

"Nope, she's a Blur that was sent into a coma after barely escaping a cave in. If she's to be believed you had something to do with that."

Ship looked down, "Y'know for a murderous sociopath whose powers are still active despite being in a permanent coma. I'd say she almost looks peaceful."

"I can't kill a helpless opponent. What do we do with her?"

"Helpless? Ha! She's trying to claw her way through the prison I set for her as we speak. Luckily she's weakened from trying to tear the Doctor in half.

Hmm, I just need to prove to other Blur she controlled me. Then that'll take care of itself."
    Possibly even that she modified memories. The Doctor replied, grabbing the coffin and getting ready to move it. He's right, Sophia, a psychic is never defenseless. Especially one that can use her powers in a coma. We need to get her someplace too far away for her to take control of human minds...

The Shadowlands

The Crone smiled, "In the third highest tower of the Citadel of Light. And Ombra?"

She smiled in a knowing grandmotherly way,

"She is courageous with life and limb, but her heart? She's as clueless as you."

With that, the Crone disappeared.
    ......... No comment. He replied before stepping out of his towers and swallong himself up in the Shadows.

Citadel of Light

Ombra appeared within the citadel and made his way to the third highest tower.

Extended Sig