New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Free Port

"And where would that be?"

Ship thinks for a moment, then smiles, "Anyone got another plane we can use?"

Anreydu

Ombra walks through the golden Citadel unmolested. Some Deathless take note of his presence, but ignore him for the most part.

Anreydu is made almost entirely of gold colored iron. The streets are cobblestone and Deathless walk side by side with Inevitables. In some quarters they train against each other. The Inevitables, a constant presence in Anreydu, carry scroll upon scroll filled with information of scientific and magical phenomenon.

The third highest tower was easy enough to find. Asking any of the Deathless revealed its name to be the Tower of Records, where most of the Inevitables stored their data on unique phenomenon.

The inside of the tower is a huge library built on a spiral. At the very top, in a private Alcolve Gwyn is examining record after record, trying to find out what the Inevitables recorded of Isanloff's or Kiolasa's death.

When Ombra reaches the Alcolve a single Deathless stands guard at the door.
    "Hold, Dame Gwyn is-"

"Where the Hell is it??" The sound of cracking stone reverberates through the hall.

"searching the records." He manages smoothly.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-08-10 at 11:29 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

2. - Top - End - #452

BlueWizardGirl

The Counsel of the Gods

Tresingiis agreed with what had been said, but suddenly felt called, as if there was another matter, urgently looming somewhere else. "Kipt, you will lead us well. Maybe too well, but I have to go." And he flies off to the desert.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Join Pantheon, 15 AP-1 =14 AP

Drestin

Drestin's company follows Tobi through the streets of Freeport. No family? They just band together in the city and take care of themselves "Okay Tobi, my name's Drestin. What kind of people come to Freeport? It looks like all peoples and cultures manage to get here to trade."

Silver Fire Island

Jib looked into Jewel's eyes and answered her statement as if it was a question. "I do have feelings for you, we fled our lives together and started a new one. I was just upset a bit ago because I had wanted to stay on the island, and I was still trying to talk myself into leaving with you. So preoccupied was I that I ignored cues which I should have answered." He sits closer to her, but doesn't make a move, almost as if he is waiting for permission.

Spoiler
    Show
    I tried really hard to avoid, "The guy who writes what I do was caught sleeping," and I made something up that could have been a motivation.

The Mirage Empire
    Slowly, in the background, members of every clan are being tapped on the shoulder whenever someone shows strength. The strongest are being rounded up, and send off to somewhere in the desert.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

3. - Top - End - #453

Drestin

"Well there ain't no laws in Free Port, he with the bigger stick thrives y'know? So anyone looking to buy something that ain't exactly legal comes to Free Port. Beyond that we're a free trade zone, so anyone can trade here. Let's see," he glances at the ships and points at each of them as he rattles off what country they're from.

"That one's from Monte Mora, there's one from Calasancti, the United Goblin Emirates, Some from the Northern Kingdoms, think that one's from Hazen, heck there's a ship at port right now, from someplace called the Hidden Isle. They jus' bought up a section of the docks to use. Oh, you don't need to worry about that, unless your looking to dock ships there's no need."

He looks back at the lizard men, "So who do you wanna trade with? A nation, private merchant, or one of the warehouse managers?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Free Port

"And where would that be?"

Ship thinks for a moment, then smiles, "Anyone got another plane we can use?"
    Well I DO know of one... The Doctor replied, rubbing at his chin. Ombra recently created a new one for himself - there's almost no inhabitants, I could try and get him to put her there.

Anreydu

Ombra walks through the golden Citadel unmolested. Some Deathless take note of his presence, but ignore him for the most part.

Anreydu is made almost entirely of gold colored iron. The streets are cobblestone and Deathless walk side by side with Inevitables. In some quarters they train against each other. The Inevitables, a constant presence in Anreydu, carry scroll upon scroll filled with information of scientific and magical phenomenon.

The third highest tower was easy enough to find. Asking any of the Deathless revealed its name to be the Tower of Records, where most of the Inevitables stored their data on unique phenomenon.

The inside of the tower is a huge library built on a spiral. At the very top, in a private Alcolve Gwyn is examining record after record, trying to find out what the Inevitables recorded of Isanloff's or Kiolasa's death.

When Ombra reaches the Alcolve a single Deathless stands guard at the door.
    "Hold, Dame Gwyn is-"

"Where the Hell is it??" The sound of cracking stone reverberates through the hall.

"searching the records." He manages smoothly.
    Ombra looked the Deathless in the eye. The Crone asked me to help her. May I go in?

Spoiler
    Show
    The first draft of this post, I accidently named Ombra the Doctor.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #455

Acabane

"Thank you," Kipt replies, "but know that I am no king either. Just a god that others have elected to lead."

"The Dreaming?" he inquires "I'm afraid I don't know of the dreaming. Please tell me of what it holds, and what is wanted of me there?"

Silver Fire Isle

"Jib" she says passionately, as if relieved. Jewel moves in and puts her arms around him. She decides not to go for a kiss, remembering how she felt last time. If he doesn't want to, I wouldn't want to make him uncomfortable. "And when we get back" she says, and lets it sit for a moment. Now more leaning on him than embracing, she continues "Will you promise to stay with me?"

6. - Top - End - #456

Free Port

"I can't think of a better punishment... or a safer prison."

"Neither can I, but there is something else we need to discuss, it's about what Big Momma plans were."

Sandra seems very confused by all this talk, it didn't help that she kept blinking.

Anreydu

"Erm," the Deathless opens the door, "Okay, yeah, now's probably a good time to enter."

The Deathless opens the door wide, revealing Gwyn hunched over a stone table (another broken one lays the corner), reading something. Scrolls littered the floor, probably flew off the table that she smashed.

"Leon, I thought I told you I was not to be disturbed."

Arcabane

"I might as well try to explain the air mortals breath, or the Earth they stand upon. It is so essential to our world that we take it for granted, it has been since the very beginning, since Nyctus took her first breath. Nevertheless I will try.

"The Dreaming is the collection of unconcious minds, both mortal and immortal. Your aspirations, your hopes, your secrets. All of these, are present in the dreaming, in a sense, they are the dreaming. You of course recall the godplague? The plague attacked us through the dreaming, devoured our dreams our very selves. And it was in the Dreaming that Ombra and Gwyn found, what may very well be the reason for the plague in the first place. A lich, made entirely of our dreams, the dreams of gods.

"Gwyn believes that it was the Lich that killed Isanloff and Kiolasa. She would face him alone, needless to say, I cannot allow her to do so."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-08-10 at 02:56 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

"I can't think of a better punishment... or a safer prison."

"Neither can I, but there is something else we need to discuss, it's about what Big Momma plans to do."

Sandra seems very confused by all this talk, it didn't that she kept blinking.
    Free Port

The Doctor turned his head. What's the plan? She seemed convinced she could burn down Shadow Key but something tells me that ISN'T her actual goal. Correct?

Anreydu

"Erm," the Deathless opens the door, "Okay, yeah, now's probably a good time to enter."

The Deathless opens the door wide, revealing Gwyn hunched over a stone table (another broken one lays the corner), reading something. Scrolls were dashed everywhere, probably flew off the table as she smashed it.

"Leon, I thought I told you I was not to be disturbed."
    Anreydu

Yes, but your friend insisted he be allowed in. Ombra replied, stepping into the room. The Crone told me you needed help. Something about the Dreaming. Again.

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #458

Free Port

"Nope, not at all. In fact Shadow Key is supposed to remain untouched so that she can show Ombra how impotent his creations really are. What she wants is for the knights to conquer the world."

"What?"

"Little known fact, the guy who's maquerading as the order of spear's head? Yeah he grew up here. Big Momma planted multiple suggestions in his head. He feels an overwhelming need to bring the continent entirely under Calasanctium and then, he comes to Free Port."

"So Captain has been replaced. That means-" she doesn't say anything, but this news is evidently painful to her. She recovers quickly.

I admit, I was expecting something a bit more sinister, how's any of this especially evil?"

"Well the knights were supposed to stage a coup detat and establish a military dictatorship. Honestly, she was just throwing millions of lives away so she could piss Ombra off. But, it seems there's been a slight snag in her plan."

"Really? What's that?"

"Ehh, that I don't actually know, she kindda slammed the door on me before I could get anything else out of her. But I think she recently lost control of the Imposter posing as Captain Eric."

"Really?" Sandra says finally keeping her eyes open long enough to keep up with the conversation.

"A convulted plot to take over the world hit a snag? Who could've seen that coming?"

"Heh, I know right?"

Anreydu

Gwyn turns, obviously exhausted, "Ombra?"

Then he explains about the Crone and Gwyn's face darkens, "Ah, her, well since you're here, I could use some help. I've just been having a hard time- there it is!"

She snatches up a scroll that was hiding in the corner, skims it once, nods and puts it under her arm. She relaxes and turns to face Ombra, some of her weariness gone, "Would you like a chair? Coffee? It's apparently a beverage that grows well in the Hidden Isle."

Moving on quickly, as if she were in a rush, "Isanloff and Kiolasa were both murdered, of this I am certain. The markings were made by no god I know of. So, I did some research with the Inevitable's records. Do you remember that skeleton we saw in the Dreaming? The one being formed from the dreams of gods?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

"Nope, not at all. In fact Shadow Key is supposed to remain untouched so that she can show Ombra how impotent his creations really are. What she wants is for the knights to conquer the world."

"What?"

"Little known fact, the guy who's maquerading as the order of spear's head? Yeah he grew up here. Big Momma planted multiple suggestions in his head. He feels an overwhelming need to bring the continent entirely under Calasanctium and then, he comes to Free Port."

"So Captain has been replaced. That means-" she doesn't say anything, but this news is evidently painful to her. She recovers quickly.

I admit, I was expecting something a bit more sinister, how's any of this especially evil?"

"Well the knights were supposed to stage a coup detat and establish a military dictatorship. Honestly, she was just throwing millions of lives away so she could piss Ombra off. But, it seems there's been a slight snag in her plan."

"Really? What's that?"

"Ehh, that I don't actually know, she kindda slammed the door on me before I could get anything else out of her. But I think she recently lost control of the Imposter posing as Captain Eric."

"Really?" Sandra says finally keeping her eyes open long enough to keep up with the conversation.

"A convulted plot to take over the world hit a snag? Who could've seen that coming?"

"Heh, I know right?"
    Free Port

The Doctor stared at Big Momma through the glass for a few seconds before he face-palmed. Ya know, I'm sure there are more obvious ways to fail, but I doubt tey'd be as humiliating, widespread, or utterly cliched as this.

Anreydu

Gwyn turns, obviously exhausted, "Ombra?"

Then he explains about the Crone and Gwyn's face darkens, "Ah, her, well since you're here, I could use some help. I've just been having a hard time- there it is!"

She snatches up a scroll that was hiding in the corner, skims it once, nods and puts it under her arm. She relaxes and turns to face Ombra, some of her weariness gone, "Would you like a chair? Coffee? It's apparently a beverage that grows well in the Hidden Isle."

Moving on quickly, as if she were in a rush, "Isanloff and Kiolasa were both murdered, of this I am certain. The markings were made by no god I know of. So, I did some research with the Inevitable's records. Do you remember that skeleton we saw in the Dreaming? The one being formed from the dreams of gods?"
    Hello Gwyn.

Thank you for the offer. He smiled as she offered coffee. I'm fine standing.

He frowned at the mention of Isanloff and Kiloasa's murders and walked over to her. I remember the skeleton-thing, yes... Do you have suspicions regarding it or whatever created it?

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #460

Free Port

"So is the Imposter backing down?"

"Erm, that's the bad news. He may be free now, but from what I found in Big Momma's mind, it seems he thinks she had the right idea."

Anreydu

Gwyn shook her head, "Not a one, but from the reports I just recovered, I'm pretty sure it was what killed them. See?"

She hands Ombra the scroll under her arm.

Shortly after the gods awoke, we detected a phenomenon on the edge of the Dreaming. We went to investigate, but merely found Isanloff dead. We relayed this information to Merolle, before the entity known as the Crone asked for time alone with the corpse. Being that deicide is outside of our jurisdiction we investigated no further, until a similar phenomenon was noticed in the Mist Lands.

Varakhut were dispatched only to discover the mangled remains of Kiolasa.

Both deities were torn to shreds by the claws of what mortals would call a predatory animal. The Inevitable council found the idea of a creature that preyed on gods concerning and relayed the information to Merolle.

Addendum: Information forwarded to Gwyn on her request and her assuming the mantle of leadership over the Inevitables.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

That's... alarming, and bears investigation. The Doctor frowned. The Maid had a mission in Calasanctium, if I recall correctly... I can talk to her when I return to Shadow Key. It was either her or the Butler...

Anreydu

Ombra's eyes widened as he read it over. You think this... thing that needs a better name than 'thing' is killing off gods? He looked up at her. You... you weren't planning to fight it alone, were you?

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #462

Free Port

"Then, I guess we're done here?"

"After the Doctor gets Big Momma out of here, then yeah, we can go our seperate ways."

"Aren't you going to help us stop the Imposter."

"Hell no! I couldn't escape Big Momma before, she would've found me. Now? I she won't and I'm not sticking my neck out for other people. Just not in my nature."

Anreydu

"I've taken to calling it the Dream Lich."

Gwyn raises an eyebrow, "I was, but not since you offered to help."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

"Then, I guess we're done here?"

"After the Doctor gets Big Momma out of here, then yeah, we can go our seperate ways."

"Aren't you going to help us stop the Imposter."

"Hell no! I couldn't escape Big Momma before, she would've found me. Now? I she won't and I'm not sticking my neck out for other people. Just not in my nature."
    'The Imposter...' Now that's a name. The Doctor grinned and held out a hand to ship. Well I won't force ya. Thanks for your help, Ship 7. Doubt we coulda done it without ya, and I hope the gods bless your future endeavors.

Anreydu

"I've taken to calling it the Dream Lich."

Gwyn raises an eyebrow, "I was, but not since you offered to help."
    Ombra's eyes narrowed. That would've gotten you killed. He clasped his arms beneath his cloak. And I didn't even know what you were going to do before the Crone showed up... I've been meaning to ask, who or what is she?

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #464

Free Port

Ship 7 shook the proffered hand, "Don't get me wrong, I like you guys well enough, for non-Blur. Just don't want anything to do with world conquering schemes now. Anyway, I'll stay until you get her out of here. I'm not risking her breaking loose now."

He let go of the hand and crossed his arms, waiting, for something.

Anreydu

"I'm aware of what could have happened, but it is hinted in other reports that Kolasa had a foreign substance in his mouth, I took this to mean the Dream Lich was injured. Besides, someone needs to do it."

She frowned as the Crone was brought up again, "As I understand it, she's my sense of self-preservation."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-08-10 at 05:04 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

Ship 7 shook the proffered hand, "Don't get me wrong, I like you guys well enough, for non-Blur. Just don't want anything to do with world conquering schemes now. Anyway, I'll stay until you get her out of here. I'm not risking her breaking loose now."

He let go of the hand and crossed his arms, waiting, for something.
    The Doctor took a hold of the large glass case and placed it on hi back, wrapping his body around it like straps. Let's go.

After a few seconds, he turned to Ship and said, Ya know, if you wanna say something to the knight, this'll be your last chance. Even if she doesn't remember. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

Anreydu

"I'm aware of what could have happened, but it is hinted in other reports that Kolasa had a foreign substance in his mouth, I took this to mean the Dream Lich was injured. Besides, someone needs to do it."

She frowned as the Crone was brought up again, "As I understand it, she's my sense of self-preservation."
    Ombra's eyes narrowed. ... You're right. Someone has to. He replied. So what's the plan?

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #466

Free Port

Ship's eye twitches, "No point." He walks out the entrance, "Say hi to Ombra for me."

"Wait! What were yo-" he walked out of sight.

"Huh, what was I about to say?"

Anreydu

Gwyn shakes her head, "First, we need to find the Lich. If we're undetected at that point, we can start talking about a plan. At this point, we only know it's made of the dreams of gods... and the only thing that destroys those, well almost killed us."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

Ship's eye twitches, "No point." He walks out the entrance, "Say hi to Ombra for me."

"Wait! What were yo-" he walked out of sight.

"Huh, what was I about to say?"
    I dunno. I implied he wanted to kiss you and he walked off in a huff. You said 'Wait what were you' and then stopped when he walked out of sight. He grumbled. I was really hopin'...

Anreydu

Gwyn shakes her head, "First, we need to find the Lich. If we're undetected at that point, we can start talking about a plan. At this point, we only know it's made of the dreams of gods... and the only thing that destroys those, well almost killed us."
    I'm with ya. Ombra nodded. Anyone else we can call?

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #468

Free Port

Sophia was silent for a moment then shrugged, "Perhaps it is better he didn't. I would never know if I have feelings for him, though I do respect his willingness to risk his life to end Big Momma's reign."

A long silence,

"Annyway," Sandra turns serious, "I should start thinking about getting back to the Skull & Dagger. If Kuruk wakes up and I'm not there, he'll give birth to a shark."

Outside Big Momma's Base

Ship knows neither Marren or Nureen will remember him. He walks up says, "Hi, I'm Mother Bird."

Shoves a piece of paper in Nureen's hands and quickly walks out of sight.

The piece of paper says,

Big Momma defeated, safe to go in.

Thank the Doctor and Sophia for me.

~Ship 7

Anreydu

"The Crone is asking me to wait until she finishes her audience with Kipt."

She almost says that resentfully. Then her mood lightens.

"Anyway, what have you been up to? I noticed the Dark Angels, they have a very unique way of fighting."

The Capital of the Former Free Cities- A little after her meeting with Kipt

An old woman walks the streets of the depopulated city, glancing from left to right, muttering to herself.

The city had rebuilt, many began to come in, promise of work and safety drawing them like moths to the flame. This was Grand Duke Eric's home afterall! Where could be safer?

So much blood, but you cannot wash all the blood away and expect the city to be clean, no it still runs beneath the streets. Good and Evil men died here in chaos, but were saved by order. Gwyn will not be able to come to this world. It is fine, she is the protector the world wants, but not what it deserves, not what it needs.

The blood in the sewers beneath the streets, both innocent and criminal began to churn. The Crone followed the path of the blood out of the city gates, followed for miles and miles. Suddenly the blood spilled into the ocean.

"Good and Evil. Chaos and Order. Gwyn and I are in agreement, Good and Order is what we strive for. But we cannot do what is necessary and maintain our principles. So, I call you forth, you who were formed from the blood of the innocent and wicked. All slain by deceit. You will protect this world even as you lie to it.

"Now come forth! And pray thee tell me your name."

Spoiler
    Show
    Savorla is now birthed.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

Sophia was silent for a moment then shrugged, "Perhaps it is better he didn't. I would never know if I have feelings for him, though I do respect his willingness to risk his life to end Big Momma's reign."

A long silence,

"Annyway," Sandra turns serious, "I should start thinking about getting back to the Skull & Dagger. If Kuruk wakes up and I'm not there, he'll give birth to a shark."

Outside Big Momma's Base
    I would. The Doctor grumbled, still walking forward on four legs. SophShip for the win...

Anreydu

"The Crone is asking me to wait until she finishes her audience with Kipt."

She almost says that resentfully. Then her mood lightens.

"Anyway, what have you been up to? I noticed the Dark Angels, they have a very unique way of fighting."
    [/QUOTE]

Ombra nodded, smiling with his eyes. Yeah, I made both them and the Cetrumen recently. Fascinating creatures. A mortal helped make them up, actually - back at that party? We made a bet, I lost, but decided to make both of those creatures after giving him a shard of my power. I'm sorry to say I didn't really know what to do with the Cetrumen so I left them in tribes - I'm interested in what a race with such power will do without divine influence. The Dark Angels, I tasked to teach and learn everything they could about combat. Monks. They have this remarkable ability to adapt to just about anything and- He stopped. I'm rambling again. What have you been up to recently, Gwyn?

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #470

Free Port

"SophShip?"

"I think he's saying, your relationship with Ship 7 would be a good thing."

"You can understand him?"

"Not really, but you have to admit I do a good job pretending."

Anreydu

Gwyn shrugs, "Do not stop on my account. Really you've already seen what I've done. Repurposed the Inevitables. Made the Deathless. And Anreydu, I was trying to build a legacy... just in case."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-08-10 at 08:10 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

"SophShip?"

"I think he's saying, your relationship with Ship 7 would be a good thing."

"You can understand him?"

"Not really, but you have to admit I do a good job pretending."
    My apologies unto thee, fair maidens, for mine speech doth occasionally slip back into times long forgotten and yonder- I mean, sometimes I talk like people did thousands of years ago. Yeah, it meant you two would've been cute together.

Anreydu

Gwyn shrugs, "Do not stop on my account. Really you've already seen what I've done. Repurposed the Inevitables. Made the Deathless. And Anreydu, I was trying to build a legacy... just in case."
    He nodded. It's beautiful. He shrugged. Not much else to tell, though. I made myself a plane for when my power grows too great for the material world - the Shadowlands. You should come see it sometime...

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #472

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    The Low Roads

Yohalles nods again, standing the axe up on the ground. He then stands on the handle so he can get a better view of all the gods assembled, balancing carefully. Anyway, lets get down to business. My cousin, shortly before he died asked me a question. He asked if I would help protect the mortal races and help them thrive.....now I know not all of us had a.....pleasent relationship with Kiloasa but I see no reason why we cannot come together and continue what he started. he steps off the axe, flipping it into the air and catching it and holding it lightly at his side.. I of course, would humbly put my name forward to lead this group of guardians.

That is when a large raindrop, seemingly guided by unseen forces, falls from the sky. It hits The Obsidian Axe with such force that it's impact is heard by all gods present. The raindrop wets the small bit of Besheroth's dried blood that remains and the blood slowly falls from the axe in a long tendril. The blood hits the dirt and spreads out quickly, unnaturally so. From this mixture of blood and mud, this combination of anger and curiousity, of war and discovery, a new god is born.
    Low Roads

Eroberung wakes from his long slumber. He looks with his newfound eyes and sees a vision, a different mortal world than what is there.

Eroberung leaves the Low Roads, but that shall always be his birthplace, and his sire, Yohalles, shall be thanked in time.

Eroberung weaves for himself a new plane, one below his birthplace. He makes for himself a cabin of of logs, and a garden around it filled with roses and fruits and vegetables. He plants trees and moulds mountains. Eroberung looked on his new home, and called it The Valley of the Hearth, as was fitting.

The Valley of the Hearth

Eroberung looked on the mortal plane, and saw potential. He made for himself a people like the humans made before, but with greater strength and cunning. Eroberung lit a fire in their hearts, and a lust for more land and for more power. And he found it good and blessed them, that they might live 437 years if not killed in battle. He called his people Kriegmensch.

But Eroberung saw his people in disarray, and so he made them a banner to rally behind: The Sacred Bearers of the Holy Task. And he told them their task: It was to spread over the world as the tide spreads over the land.

And he made them a leader, and the leader was strong, and steadfast in his loyalty and piety. Eroberung named him Eom, and he was to lead them in battle.

And Eroberung taught his people to mine the world for it's metal and resources, and to smith crafts, and to make swords and axes and shields. And Eroberung found it good.

Spoiler
    Show

-4 for Weave Plane
    -1 for Create Life
    -1 for Bless
    -2 for Create Organisation
    -4 for raise hero
    -3 for the concepts of mining, toolmaking, and weaponsmithing.

23. - Top - End - #473

Arcabane

"I might as well try to explain the air mortals breath, or the Earth they stand upon. It is so essential to our world that we take it for granted, it has been since the very beginning, since Nyctus took her first breath. Nevertheless I will try.

"The Dreaming is the collection of unconcious minds, both mortal and immortal. Your aspirations, your hopes, your secrets. All of these, are present in the dreaming, in a sense, they are the dreaming. You of course recall the godplague? The plague attacked us through the dreaming, devoured our dreams our very selves. And it was in the Dreaming that Ombra and Gwyn found, what may very well be the reason for the plague in the first place. A lich, made entirely of our dreams, the dreams of gods.

"Gwyn believes that it was the Lich that killed Isanloff and Kiolasa. She would face him alone, needless to say, I cannot allow her to do so."
    "Murdered?" Kipt was shocked. He had just come to terms with his fathers death, and now to find out that he was murdered was terrible. "You are right," Kipt said decisively. His own words echoes in his ears I just hope we know what needs to be done before it is too late. He had not thought that it would apply to him or so soon, however. "Thank you for alerting me of what is going on. I would do well to find Gwyn at this point, do you know where she might be? Last I heard, she was meeting with the inevitables, but I do not feel her presence on this plane...or theirs."

24. - Top - End - #474

Free Port

"Again, I'd never remember him."

"Don't bother, he's starting to sound like a pubescent girl."

Sandra sighs in mock resignation, "Yep, no reasoning with him at this point. Absolutely nothing we can do but put him out of his misery."

"I sincerely hope that was a joke." For someone with the innate ability to read between the lines and extrapolate the truth behind matters. She still doesn't have a sense of humor.

Anreydu

"I will." Gwyn stopped for a moment and frowned, "Back at the Low Roads, did you mean what you said? When you claimed there was no point?"

Arcabane

"Anreydu, you'll find it next to the dark moon, she's at the top of the Third Highest tower the Tower of Records. She's currently speaking with Ombra, whom I also asked to accompany her."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

25. - Top - End - #475

Acabane

Kipt nods and takes his leave.

Anreydu

Kipt locates Anreydu, and the third highest tower without much difficulty. He is still a bit upset about what Ombra said, but knows for himself that Ombra is wrong. Kipt still grasps tightly to his own value of the world, and makes sure he will not be convinced otherwise. When he arrives, Kipt waits plain view, just outside the door upon seeing that the pair are talking already. He intends for his presence to be known, but not imposing. He knew of the potential romance between the two of them, and was always hoping that the two of them would initiate it on their own, and wanted to give them their space. He also knew that they were both far more likely to be focused only on what their mission was.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

The Capital of the Former Free Cities- A little after her meeting with Kipt

An old woman walks the streets of the depopulated city, glancing from left to right, muttering to herself.

The city had rebuilt, many began to come in, promise of work and safety drawing them like moths to the flame. This was Grand Duke Eric's home afterall! Where could be safer?

So much blood, but you cannot wash all the blood away and expect the city to be clean, no it still runs beneath the streets. Good and Evil men died here in chaos, but were saved by order. Gwyn will not be able to come to this world. It is fine, she is the protector the world wants, but not what it deserves, not what it needs.

The blood in the sewers beneath the streets, both innocent and criminal began to churn. The Crone followed the path of the blood out of the city gates, followed for miles and miles. Suddenly the blood spilled into the ocean.

"Good and Evil. Chaos and Order. Gwyn and I are in agreement, Good and Order is what we strive for. But we cannot do what is necessary and maintain our principles. So, I call you forth, you who were formed from the blood of the innocent and wicked. All slain by deceit. You will protect this world even as you lie to it.

"Now come forth! And pray thee tell me your name."

Spoiler
    Show
    Savorla is now birthed.
    The blood forms quickly at the Crone's command, shaping itself far beneath the waves, though into what, the old aspect cannot see, something more than water - for that would hardly be an impediment to the aspect of a goddess - blocking her divine vision.

On being called to come forth, however, her new child rises from the deeps, revealing that the young divine is a beautiful grey-skinned woman, in a dress made of blood and seawater, though her black hair blocks her eyes from view. Until she lifts her head, that is.

Then, as her gaze meets her mother's for the first time, they're shown to be a strange piercing yellow, seemingly covered with a thin layer of rime such as one might find on the deck of a ship, were it cold enough for the spray to freeze where it fell.

"You are my mother,"
    the goddess says quietly, voice soft and gentle, as well as strangely alluring. And, of course, given her nature, quite beautiful, even if one is not attracted by it. "Is it not, then, your duty to name me? But if you would have me choose my own moniker, I admit that is no hardship...

I would be called Savorla, should the name not bring to mind unpleasantness. Though the unpleasant would seem to be what you have in mind for me, if I am to protect the world in ways you will not.

Tell me, though, is it not just as bad to set me upon the world and leave me unopposed as it is to do what I must yourself? Unless you do mean to oppose me, of course, in which case it is merely an exercise in futility, since having to fight me draws your attention away from help you could otherwise be giving, and I will not be helping either, for the same reason, though even more so in my case, since you are more powerful than I am."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-08-11 at 08:14 AM.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

"Again, I'd never remember him."

"Don't bother, he's starting to sound like a pubescent girl."

Sandra sighs in mock resignation, "Yep, no reasoning with him at this point. Absolutely nothing we can do but put him out of his misery."

"I sincerely hope that was a joke." For someone with the innate ability to read between the lines and extrapolate the truth behind matters. She still doesn't have a sense of humor.
    A thought occurs to me. If I'm mentally unstable, that means I won't be responsible if, for example, I eat you because I'm annoyed, Sandra. The Doctor said mock-cheerfully. Wanna test that theory?

Anreydu

"I will." Gwyn stopped for a moment and frowned, "Back at the Low Roads, did you mean what you said? When you claimed there was no point?"
    I didn't say that. I said there was no hope to make this world good. He corrected. And yes, I meant it. He placed his arms together again. When I first came into being, I had hope for a good world. I thought that perhaps, just perhaps, I could create a world where no living being would ever have to suffer again, because all would have the heart of a hero. And for a time, I worked for that goal, fully expecting to reach it one day. But no matter what I tried, I got no closer... and then we slept for 3000 years. All of my work was undone... By the sick machinations of what, one being? Maybe a few?

We strive to make this world into a good place - for the mortals, for all of existence, for ourselves, even. But this world is too far gone to save. Ombra looked at the ground. I look at this world and I see evil infesting every grain of dirt, every molecule of water, everything alive. Tyrants, nihilists, traitors... They infest everywhere and everything, to the degree that the people see it all as necessary, and in some cases, even good. They will never be eradicated, whether by changing them into good men or through extermination. We DO strive for the impossible, Gwyn, make no mistake about that, but it doesn't mean our work is in vain. As a mortal once put it, 'Does the fact that we can never reach perfection mean we cannot keep improving in that direction?'

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #478

SwashbucklerGuy

Eroberung saw his people with no home. So he directed Eom to make cabins of logs in the razorpine forest, that they might have a safe haven.

Eom entered, as did the Kriegmensch that followed him, and they began making their log cabins in the Razorpine Forest.

29. - Top - End - #479

Anreydu

"Well, it all depends, Ombra," Kipt replies, "on what you consider good." Now that he has made his presence known, he steps into the room. He remembers what Ombra had said earlier about being dedicated to his work, and now saw how true that was. It's just a shame Kipt thought that he thinks it's all his work amounts to very little. Kipt had been waiting to make a case for the world since Ombra left The Low Roads, and now was his chance, so he continued. "To me, good is happiness. Granted, the world isn't perfect, but even under the most diabolical tyrant, life goes on for people. People will always find new love and romance in harsh times; new marriages will be made and new families formed. There will still be sweets, and music, and dancing. That is what the world is worth to me."

Kipt has always encouraged his followers to celebrate, but now more than ever. His followers have always been willing to celebrate as well; Elthiens of the fertile valley are known to have parties celebrating a marriage, or a successful birth, or a good harvest. He encourages his followers to have fun with this, and now feels it as a part of himself. Kipt takes the domain Fun (Festivities).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting with 4 AP
    Taken domain, -3
    I now have 1
    But after rollover, I'll have 7 AP +1 PAP

Razorpine Forest

A lone Woden approaches the log cabins. Rivra is a simple girl who lives by herself in the Razorpine Forest. She has mild druidic talents as a tamer, and has many animal friends. She is relatively young, but has very little in terms of family. No doubt she stumbled upon the cabins by mistake, but is curious, and approaches cautiously. She is naked as is customary for Woden druids, but seeing that these strangers are clothed, she drapes a flat leafy vine around her hips which covers her poorly. As she nears, she sees a person by the cabins. "Hello?" she calls out nervously.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-08-11 at 09:40 AM.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Anreydu

"Well, it all depends, Ombra," Kipt replies, "on what you consider good." Now that he has made his presence known, he steps into the room. He remembers what Ombra had said earlier about being dedicated to his work, and now saw how true that was. It's just a shame Kipt thought that he thinks it's all his work amounts to very little. Kipt had been waiting to make a case for the world since Ombra left The Low Roads, and now was his chance, so he continued. "To me, good is happiness. Granted, the world isn't perfect, but even under the most diabolical tyrant, life goes on for people. People will always find new love and romance in harsh times; new marriages will be made and new families formed. There will still be sweets, and music, and dancing. That is what the world is worth to me."

Kipt has always encouraged his followers to celebrate, but now more than ever. His followers have always been willing to celebrate as well; Elthiens of the fertile valley are known to have parties celebrating a marriage, or a successful birth, or a good harvest. He encourages his followers to have fun with this, and now feels it as a part of himself. Kipt takes the domain Fun (Festivities).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting with 4 AP
    Taken domain, -3
    I now have 1
    But after rollover, I'll have 7 AP +1 PAP
    There is also insanity, chaos and slavery. Ombra retorted, turning to Kipt as he entered. Every day too many die for not enough reason. Every day someone's life is in the hands of another. And all too often they choose their own security over another's free will. While you party, children die at the hands of their own parents. The closest thing to slavery I would even consider enduring, and it is abused every day.

But I came to help Gwyn in the D- her pursuits, not debate philosophy. Ombra corrected himself quickly, unsure if Kipt was supposed to know.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-08-11 at 10:31 AM.

Extended Sig