New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Free Port

Sophia raises an eyebrow at the Doctor, "That is my uncle you're talking about.

In truth, she didn't really know what he was saying. But she assumed it was some sort of insult.

"But I'm in favor of a ship. We can probably trade some of Big Momma's former possessions for passage to Snow Haven."

The Hidden Isle

"We call ourselves the Hidden Isle."

The other brother (the one behind the ship) frowns, "We'll bring you ashore, but only if you agree to meet with the Order of the Scepter."

The Dreaming

"Scat-" A dream of bluish hue seized her and she dissappeared benath the azure bubble.

A little girl leaned against a gnarled oak tree and played her flute. Next to her sat a much older boy with jet black hair and a peasant's cap. He listened quietly as she finished the tune. There were a few moments of contemplative silence as her brother continued to stare at the ground in front of him.

"Soo, what happened this time?" The girl asked when the silence became too much for her.

"What makes you think something happened?"

"Last time you were here, you told father you were never coming back. Something about having more power than he could dream?"

The boy sighed, "Don't tell father, but my investment fell through."

"I thought so." She stood, brushing herself off. "Then what should I tell him?"

"Err-"

Their father took the news considerably better than the boy had feared. Welcoming him back with open arms. The boy's twin, the town's apothecary, came back bouncing his son on his shoulders. His mood soured upon seeing his brother, but they behaved in front of father at least.

stop

The girl's nephew was almost the same age as her, but he was a brat. Always bothering his grandfather, pulling pranks. Tried to push the girl around too, but she was tough.

Stop

She grew up peacefully, in a quaint village far from war, plague,

ENOUGH!

The world shattered as Gwyn came to her senses. She was still in the dream, but it became blank, colorless.

"Why did you stop it?" A being somewhat similar to a human emerged from hiding. He smiled softly,

"Isn't that life you wanted? A life of peace, where the innocents are safe, where you are no longer needed? What's more, I gave your brothers and your father back to you."

Gwyn whirled, "It. was. not. real."

"Then what is real? Is the world outside not simply the dream of gods? If there were no gods, wouldn't the world simply be the dream of mortals? Hopes, Aspirations, Fears, all of these things are what make up a dream and that is also what makes the world what it is.

"While you and your kin spent the last three thousand years sleeping, I was here, meditating, growing, learning. I shaped the actions of man upon the world by manipulating their dreams. And for a time, the world was at peace. Then. The Gods returned. I couldn't allow Isanloff and Kiolasa continue their strife. Surely you see how much better the world is without them? Without Isanloff's constant meddling and Kiolasa's unbridled hatred? They could not, would not create a world where mortals could thrive."

Gwyn bowed her head, "So you admit it then? You killed my father my brothers?"

For a moment the sorcerer seemed confused, "What's to admit? There's nothing to hide. I killed your father, Kiolasa, Daazo, Cam, Orlur, Nyctus, even Halasht fell before the Virus I created. I spared only Merolle. I would have killed Morgash if he had stayed of this world a little longer. I would have loved to see his face as the mortal he ridiculed rose to be a power above the gods."

Gwyn's face went Red. For a long time now, she had restrained her power so that she could still walk the earth. She couldn't bring herself to just abandon the world. But now? Now she wasn't thinking, she was just plain angry.

Her power grew manifold, and a golden aura surrounded her. "What??" The sorcerer drew back a step, in the blink of an eye she was equal to Isanloff.

"Die!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 9
    Gain Domain: Inquisition (Truth)
    Create Artifact Rune Blade-4AP
    Create Artifact The Scepter of the Hidden Isle-4AP

Gain Domain: Wrath (Righteousness)
    Create Greater Race Deathless-4AP
    Infuse Hero (Bjor-> Sophia)-2AP
    Bless Protecting the Goblin Children after the Lokab Empire fell-1AP

Gain Domain: Law (Justice)
    Create Organization Exalted Knights-2AP
    Infuse Race Deathless-2AP
    Raise Hero (Bjor-> Sophia)-4AP

Gwyn is now an Intermediate Deity.

Ending AP: 0

She threw her spear, a thunderclap sounded as it left her hand and the Spear went straight through the sorcerer and into the wall of the dream. The dream shattered around her as she emerged to take her place alongside Kipt.

She panted heavily as she scanned the scene before her.

"Where's Ombra?"
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-08-13 at 02:59 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

2. - Top - End - #512

SwashbucklerGuy

Razorpine Forest

Rivra accepts the coat, and covers herself with it. She feels out of place with these people, especially when he had already given her a token that she had no idea what to make of. "I am a Woden," she says meekly. She is timid among these strangers, perhaps even afraid. "I live alone," she replies casually in answer, as if there was nothing abnormal about it. After all, she was not a child as Eom said. "There is a council of Woden that you will want to talk to. I can get you there if you want, but who might you be?"
    Eom looks at her with sadness in his eyes."One should never be alone. I am Eom, prophet of Eroberung, and herald of the Sacred Task that is Conquest. I seek to negotiate your people's surrender of this land and ceding it to my people".

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Free Port

Sophia raises an eyebrow at the Doctor, "That is my uncle you're talking about.

In truth, she didn't really know what he was saying. But she assumed it was some sort of insult.

"But I'm in favor of a ship. We can probably trade some of Big Momma's former possessions for passage to Snow Haven."
    Free Port

I need to head back to Shadow Key so I'll remember all of this if I die - I'll meet you at the port in Snow Haven. The Doctor slithered towards the door, flattening himself out. Good luck.

The Dreaming

Spoiler
    Show
    ((I'll get to this one later))
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-08-13 at 10:26 AM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #514

BlueWizardGirl

Drestin

He seems to grow excited when he hears about the warehouse manager. "Why don't you take us to Gorik's warehouse. Let's meet this character."

The Hidden Isle

Jib speaks up, excited that they made landfall and had contact with civilization. "I've heard of this island somewhere; I can't remember where. Who are the Order of the Scepter?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

5. - Top - End - #515

Razorpine Forest

"Well, it is nice to meet you." Rivra speaks pleasantly, obviously warming up to Eom. She only realizes a few moments later that he speaks of conquest. "I don't think you will find it easy to take our forests from us." She says more harshly.

The Fertile Valley

Merk was a simple man living in the Fertile Valley. He was an exceptional hunter, and gifted with good gear because of it. A recurve bow and hippogriff mount are notably in his possession. He has great skill with the bow, which made him his legacy, and is a talent horseback archer as well. Merk is young still, and often acts very aloof. In fact, he is fond of practicing with his bow and showing off with it more than actually hunting, so he grows a small bit of crops as well to make up for his laziness. He is ambitious with his bow, and seeks to always make himself better.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Orc in the Playground

Dragon Loft
    Among the Drakes, two were notable for their combat ability. Dragoth was a well built warrior drake that used a flail in combat. Draerith was a weaker looking drake, a bit smaller than most, but he had very good agility, claws sharper than most, and large, maneuverable wings. Dralcor, seeing their potential, asks them to meet with him.I have a job for you two. I need you two to lead two separate raiding parties. Draerith is to take a party to the Fertile Valley, and Dragoth is to take a party to the home of the Peafowlkin. collect as much gold as possible, take some slaves, and get out before you are met with resistance. The two agreed to this and left to attack.

The Fertile Valley
    When Draerith arrived with his 4 men, he saw wooden huts and farms. He then decides to fly overhead to better survey it.

The home of the Peafowlkin
    Dragoth sees the Peafowlkin and begins to descend on the area.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I called the Peafowlkin area "The home of the Peafowlkin" because you didnt give their main location a name
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

7. - Top - End - #517

Quote Originally Posted by Markadelf View Post
    The Fertile Valley
    When Draerith arrived with his 4 men, he saw wooden huts and farms. He then decides to fly overhead to better survey it.
    Merk was taking a pleasure ride on his hippogriff when Draerith appeared. He had thought to possibly take some game, so he had his bow with him. Seeing them armed and looking hostile, he fires off a few arrows hoping to at least clip the drakes's wings. Then, he descends into the valley to warn others.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Orc in the Playground

The Fertile Valley
    Draerth sees the arrow coming, and dodges it with relative ease. However, one of his men that was talking to the other men was taken off guard, and got hit straight in the throat. He plummets towards the ground, dead. Alarmed, Draerth flies down, his me following. He starts to grab villagers, remembering his orders to leave before being opposed.
    Last edited by Markadelf; 2012-08-13 at 01:55 PM.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

The Grand Plume

The Peafowlkin watched in awe as this new being descended upon them. So strange, so unique. So inspirational. Plumage like the pebbles on the edge of the land, before it turned into water. Somehow, it was the colour of the clouds at night, and simultaneously the colour of the setting sun.

Pfiann, the most refined and beauteous of the Peafowlkin, spoke.

"My friend, your plumage is magnificent. Might you be willing to trade a feather or two with us? We have many beautiful things, several of which would accentuate your colour", the last part indicating what he was holding in one taloned hand, a feather carved from a garnet.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Orc in the Playground

The Grand Plume
    Dragoth was slightly confused because drakes had scales, not feathers. He then pulls out his weapon, and says, "I don't have feathers, but we will take the tresures none the less." Then, he begins swinging his flail without attacking, simply as a threat.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

The Grand Plume

Pfiann was nonplussed for a moment, but carried on regardless, matching this creature's strange, whirling dance by fanning out his tail.

"Then, the things that make you shine as you do, if they are not feathers. Would you be willing to perhaps trade one or two for our treasures? They would certainly be an inspiration, beautiful as they are."

12. - Top - End - #522

The Fertile Valley

Draerith himself grabs an older woman with bright orange eyes who is surprisingly attractive for her age. Milie cries out at him, "Let go of me, you vile monster!" Near her are also a teenage girl, and a middle-aged man. There isn't another person nearby for the last dragon to kidnap, but there is a significant amount of well crafted tools and trinkets scattered around.

Merk flew back down, swiftly locating Cera. Cera is the current leader of the Elthiens, and has bright white eyes, and darker hair. The dragons can hear shouting and commotion from the other side of the region. Several men and women have taken up arms, and approach their flying assailants with spears in hand.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-08-13 at 02:41 PM.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Orc in the Playground

The Fertile Valley
    Draerith commands his Drakes to return to base with the loot, and he follows closely behind. He began to wonder if Dragoth had the same success as he had.

The Grand Plume
    Dragoth, beginning to think Pfiann was attempting to trick him, said, "No we do not wish to trade. We are going to take the treasures from you and make you slaves." He follows the statement by making an easy to dodge strike with the flail.
    Last edited by Markadelf; 2012-08-13 at 03:13 PM.

14. - Top - End - #524

Deepspawn Lands
    Horrors as they were, the spawn of Aquaeris' anger had to move and spawn, to claim territory for their own. Some did this better than others, fighting off older eldritch beasts from waters that stank of decay and darkness, claiming crumbling cairns of skulls for their own. Others moved slowly south and east, and the dominion of the Deepspawn grew to stretch across the south sea, only going as south as the coast of Silver Fire Isle, as far north as the southern coast of the western continent, and stretching east to the Kalpan waters.

Theocracy of Coralia
    The Kalpans, meanwhile, had explored and settled the seabed as far east as the east coast of the eastern continent. There, in the medium-lit waters, they lived as well, enjoying the cooler currents of water here. Their Druids lived in great prevalence here too, as they enjoyed the spirit of adventure.

Peafowlkin Lands
    An oddly shaped crab walked out of the water. Or almost, if crabs were humanoid and wielded fine swords, made of steel from the far-away Emirates. If crabs wore shining armor and carried odd bags over their shoulders.
    Crabs would not have paused and observed the inhabitants of the new land.
    "What shall we do, Kaqal? We have only once done this in our race's history, and that almost failed."
    "We will go up to them and negotiate. Do not doubt the powers of Druidism and Aímancy. We will see what they are doing, and try to negotiate with them."
    A soft aura of competency surrounded the second speaker, and none disobeyed him.
    The five figures walked up to the nearest peafowlkin they saw, their Druid and Aímancer at the front.
    "Hello. Who are you?"
    Somehow, though they spoke different languages, the words translated perfectly from Kalpan to Peafowlkin speak instantly.
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-08-13 at 02:58 PM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

15. - Top - End - #525

Free Port

"Very well, we'll meet you there Doctor."

She looked to Marren and Nureen, "Ready to go?"

Drestin

Tobi nods and leads the way to a large wooden building directly across from the landings. A fat one eyed, pig nosed man, is currently loading some wood onto a cart.

"Yo! Jorik, got some customers for yah!"

Jorik looks up at the Cretaum skeptically, "What d'you want??" He's very obviously on his guard around the lizard men, but doesn't seem to be as frightened as many of the passers by are.

The Hidden Isle

"I doubt that." The brother in front whispers, before the other shushes him with a swift kick of his fins. What that was in response to, whether Jib hearing of them, or Jewel's claim that they are peacful travelers, is hard to say.

Regardless the two half-Kalpan half-goblin brothers swim the raft to shore. Where the goblin, their father stands there waiting while the Kalpan seems to have gone for help.

"Sorry if my boys were a little rough on you young ones." He speaks Calasancti with suprising ease for a goblin. The two half breeds get out of the water and begin to help drag raft ashore

"Gotta understand we don't get too many visitors. Here let me help you miss-"

He offers his hand out to Jewel careful to let her get around his claws.

Next to him lies a net of what must be dozens of pearls. They must be very fortunate to get so many off of a single diving trip.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-08-13 at 03:21 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

16. - Top - End - #526
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Scale and Flail
    The creature's dancing became wilder, and Pfiann got the sense he was intruding on the creature's territory, and stepped back just as the silver thing swooshed over his head.

"Please try to understand. We will happily give you some of our treasures, and even make some especially for you. But in order to do that, we need inspiration. All we ask for is one of your shining not-feathers in return."

The Newcomers - Pincer Movement

The Peafowlkin, a female called Phenelope, returned the courtesy of these odd creatures. Whatever they were, they shone like light off the surface of the water.

"Greetings. I am known as Phenelope. What may I call you, and in what capacity may I help you?"

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

The Dreaming

Ombra burst out from a golden bubble from which solemn music played, his eyes wild and livid. Here and burning with rage. He replied to Gwyn's question, moving next to her and Kipt. I really hate this guy.

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #528

The Hidden Isle

"Jewel," she says in a friendly manner. "And this is Jib." Jewel politely accepts his hand off of the raft. "It is no problem," she then says in reply to his earlier apologies. She continues, "I'm curious now as to what this order of the scepter you mentioned is."

19. - Top - End - #529

Birds of a Feather
    "I am Kaqal, of the race Kalpan. I saw your beautiful land and thought to investigate, as only in our art galleries have we seen such artistic splendor. I wished to establish communications between our races, for the greater good of art."
    Three of the other four kept extremely alert, watching the bird folk. The fifth, though, had taken out a small carving of a squid made out of turquoise, opal, pearl, lapis lazuli and silver and was slowly and with great care sculpting it and chiseling it into a beautiful (and slightly magic) whole.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Cara-pace yourself

"Greetings, Kaqal of Kalpan. Your work is beautiful in turn, though I have not seen the like of this shining material before, nor the one you wear in place of feathers. Perhaps we could discuss our craft more at-length?"

With this, Phenelope continued her pecking at the jade she was holding, until she had sculpted it into the shape of one of her tail-feathers, the blue "eye" patterns scored on by scratching into the jade, to get to the darker core.

21. - Top - End - #531

The Hidden Isle

The goblin bits back a sharp laugh and his sons smirk. "Forgive me, you are outsiders here. The Order of the Scepter is an order of knights founded by Ss. Tristen, Leon, Kuut, and of course Lady Gwyn. They're charged with protecting the Isle from all threats."

"Not that you're a threat! We just tend to be cautious. The two Kalpan half-breeds whisper to each other, obviously trying to figure out what to do with them.

"Ah, but you must be hungry, would you like smoked fish? I'm afraid you caught us after my sons and I took lunch."

Still he manages to pull out two morsels of food from what might pass for a knapsack.

The Dreaming

"I fail to see how I am the villain here." A giant skeletal face formed entirely from Dream stuff appeared in front of them.

"You Gods, when you created us, was it your intention that we suffer? Or was this because of your own incompetence? Ah, no matter, you're fate is the same either way."

His eyes glow and a wide beam issues forth from his mouth, aiming to consume the gods where they stand. Gwyn takes shelter behind her shield, the flames of the dream weapon wash over her.

She's in no mood to debate free will with the Dream Lich.

When the beam passed she roared and threw her spear at the Dream Lich's head. The Dream Lich seemed to seperate before it, allowing the spear to pass straight through him.

The spear reformed in her hand. She looks to the others, "Any ideas?"
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-08-13 at 04:21 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

22. - Top - End - #532

Cheep Art
    "I'd enjoy that."
    The artisan stepped forward, smiling.
    "My name is Aris. Glad to meet another sculptor like me. Nice carving."
    He tapped his armor.
    "We call this steel. It is very strong, and it takes much searching to find the rocks needed to make it. We defend ourselves with it."
    He hoisted his bag over his shoulder, and opened it. Many jewels and pieces of gold and silver were in the bag, although there was an amount of coral, marble, and sandstone as well.
    "This is gold. It is found in some rocks, and is soft and easy to carve. This is silver, and it also comes out of rocks and carves easily. It gets duller with time, though, so it is not as good as gold."
    He appraised the jade.
    "What have you carved your feather from? I have not seen it before."
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-08-13 at 04:31 PM.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

The Hidden Isle

The goblin bits back a sharp laugh and his sons smirk. "Forgive me, you are outsiders here. The Order of the Scepter is an order of knights founded by Ss. Tristen, Leon, Kuut, and of course Lady Gwyn. They're charged with protecting the Isle from all threats."

"Not that you're a threat! We just tend to be cautious. The two Kalpan half-breeds whisper to each other, obviously trying to figure out what to do with them.

"Ah, but you must be hungry, would you like smoked fish? I'm afraid you caught us after my sons and I took lunch."

Still he manages to pull out two morsels of food from what might pass for a knapsack.

The Dreaming

"I fail to see how I am the villain here." A giant skeletal face formed entirely from Dream stuff appeared in front of them.

"You Gods, when you created us, was it your intention that we suffer? Or was this because of your own incompetence? Ah, no matter, you're fate is the same either way."

His eyes glow and a wide beam issues forth from his mouth, aiming to consume the gods where they stand. Gwyn takes shelter behind her shield, the flames of the dream weapon wash over her.

She's in no mood to debate free will with the Dream Lich.

When the beam passed she roared and threw her spear at the Dream Lich's head. The Dream Lich seemed to seperate before it, allowing the spear to pass straight through him.

The spear reformed in her hand. She looks to the others, "Any ideas?"
    Ombra kneeled down and placed his palm to the ground. I have one, gimme some cover.

Ombra shut his eyes and reached out for the Dream Lich's shadow - whether abstract or physical, he could manipulate it... he thought. If he could grasp it, he could animate it to fight the Lich, or even just to wrap it up. He'd try the former first.

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #534
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Crustacean Crafts

"Well met, Sculptor Aris. You bring with you many wonderful materials, I would be pleased to learn more of them.

It is strange to me, however, that you have not seen this before. We call it jade, and we find it in the soft rocks where the land turns into the water. It does not dull as your silver does, and the colours are different the further down you go.

Perhaps you would like this, and I could show you from where we get the jade?"

The Peafowlkin held out her carving, eyes shining.

25. - Top - End - #535

Fine-Feathered Friends
    "That would be great. Also, I don't have it with me, but there is a type of silver that doesn't dull, called platinum. It's rarer."
    He accepted the feather, and, in return, held out the intricate variegated squid.
    "I'd also like to show you where you can find gold and platinum, and I'd like to see the place where you can find jade. Thanks for the carving. I'll treasure it, as the first gift between us. I think it won't be the last."
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

The Pecking Order

"Thankyou for the beautiful gift. We shall treasure it, and perhaps even draw our own inspiration from it, being new and unusual to us as it is."

Phenelope led the Kalpans down to the shorefront, before picking up a small pebble and pecking at it once. It split in the centre, revealing a nugget of jade. Setting down the rock remnants in the ocean, the Peafowlkin watched as they floated away, before handing over the jade to Aris.

"The water brings us these pebbles, within which are the jade. So, we take the jade out, then return the pebbles to the ocean with our thanks. Then, the ocean brings us pebbles again.

Is this how you get your gold, and silver, and this platinum?"

27. - Top - End - #537
    Orc in the Playground

The Grand Plume
    Dragoth says, "Ok so the deal is we give you one scale, and you will be our slaves and give us your treasure?" He seemed confused at the way things were going, but he returned his flail to his side. Then, he pulled off a scale. A few seconds after he had removed it, another scale popped into its place, leaving his scales in the same array as they were before.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Drake scales work a lot like shark teeth do.

28. - Top - End - #538

BlueWizardGirl

The Hidden Isle

Jib steps off of the raft, stretching his arms out. He moves in between Jewel and the goblin, "Thank you for the food, we ran out yesterday night." He accepts the morsels, and hands the larger of the two to Jewel.

He thinks for a second, about what the goblin had said before he had offered them food. "So, Lady Gwyn is part of this order? That's kind of major. What is your purpose; what are your goals?"

Drestin

Drestin responds to Jorik in a professional manner, as if he is talking to a more formal leader. It is a continuous theme that he can't understand the lack of leadership in freeport. "We come from the desert, and we're here to offer trade. There seems to be a lack of trees in the desert, so we are here to present an ongoing trade route. Wood for iron, silver, glass art, or other things we've got in the desert."
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2012-08-13 at 06:16 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

29. - Top - End - #539
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

The Grand Plume - Tipping The Scale
    "...Scale? Is that the word for it? These "Scales" really are beautiful. And we will gladly give you some of our treasures in return. But what is a "Slave"? If you tell us what you would like us to make you, we will gladly do so."

As Pfiann spoke, another Peafowlkin stepped forward, holding out a garnet to the Drake. She had been pecking at it since the Drake arrived, fashioning it into a tiny replica of the scaled creature's wing.

30. - Top - End - #540

Winging It
    "We can, if we are lucky, but most of the time we must either smelt it, which is burning the rock it is trapped in, or coax it out of the rock with magic."
    He scouted the shore. Seeing no signs of gold, he said to Aqar, "Mind digging up some of each?"

Aqar grumbled, but did so. Rocks, as if by magic, leapt out of the earth, one goldishin color, with shiny flecks, one silvery but covered in marble, and the third, smaller than the rest, had only a few shining spots.

As they rose from the ground, Aris said, "You get jade from the sea. That's useful. By the way, we live under the sea, if you ever want to visit."

Aqar strained with magical effort, and, out of the rocks, gold, silver, and platinum gently slid. The precious metals then coalesced into ingots on the ground.

"There. Now, Aris, you can take these."

The artisan took them, and handed the glittering, head-sized lumps of metals to Phenelope.

Aqar was inwardly smiling. His god produced jewels! Now he knew that to be a Klikit was to be the servant of the right god, other than Kiloasa, Kipt, and almost unknown Aor.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.