New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Barbarian in the Playground

Post Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

The Dreaming

Kipt flown above the energy beam, and shot down bolts of energy at the Lich. He had come to the realization that in The Dreaming, you can control your surroundings by manifesting your own dreams, and making them come to you. This had surely been struck upon in his fight against the warlock, who had showed him the dreams of other gods. Kipt saw that the lich was truly ignorant about the gods, and wrong in his philosophy. He certainly needed to be taken down for his acts against the them, but is his only crime having a different idea about the world? Ombra did, but the difference was that he acted to make the world better. No, what he thought before made the lich only mislead, now made Kipt sure that he was past saving. "You are the villain. You are the villain because you fail to see our efforts, and work to bring creation further from said goal. We tried our best to make life better for mortals, but it is a near impossible goal to reach. You fail to account for the fact that we created you, even if by accident; without us you would cease to exist at all. You should be thanking us!" He fires more energy blasts at the lich, stronger as his emotion grows. Being this battle is taking place in the dreaming, every bit of energy represents the power of will from the clashing beings that represent clashing philosophy. By effect, this is the physical manifestation of clashing philosophy clashing, itself.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

The Grand Plume
    Dragoth took the wing, smiled, and said, "Oh, we just want you to create more art, and give it to us for the rest of your lives. If you agree, we won't kill you." He was quite pleased with his description.
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

3. - Top - End - #543

The Dreaming

A golden energy bubble erupts around Ombra. The Shadow , or possibly a construct from Ombra's hope, erupts before the god slayer. The two Dream Lich clash almost instantly, in a strange duel of wills and disembodied limbs. A hand will appear out of thin air and then disintegrate as the other notices it and merely wishes it out of existence.

It is a unique balance, until Kipt destroys it.

The Dream Lich roars as he is pelted by the god's distilled emotion. The Dream Lich lunges for its shadowy counterpart aiming to tear it to pieces with its skull.

Then regardless of the outcome of the furocious exchange he charges straight for Kipt. Beyond reason now, he doesn't even react to Kipt's argument.

The Lich's maw opens and the dreams of the most vile gods stream towards Kipt. Orlur, Cam, Merolle, Daazo, Vargull, Dralcor... Lilli all of their hopes and ambitions, so counter to Kipt strike for his heart.

At that moment Gwyn realizes what the Lich is aiming for, but it's too late for her to intervene. "Kipt! Get out of there!"

For the dreams of evil gods are aimed for his heart. Can even Kipt come out unchanged?
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ettin in the Playground

Free Port

"Ready as we'll ever be."

Spoiler
    Show
    I might retire Marren so he can go into religious seclusion. I'll have him contract malaria.

The Mistlands

With Kiloasa's death, the Belsherai returned to their task unhindered, save for the Council of Archangels. They had agreed that they would attend to Kiloasa at all times, and they did so. They finished the task he had set for them, stacks of books with silver pages were everywhere.
    That done, they raised a circle of standing stones around the site of his death and waited for orders from their rightful Lord.
    While the time they waited may have been considered unnecessarily long by mortal standards, it was nothing to such immortal creatures.
    All in all, Belsheroth was impressed with them.
    "You have done well my children. But now, other tasks requires your attention."
    "We are ready Father. But we request that one of us always be here to stand vigil."
    "Of course."
    Belsheroth looked to each of the archangels in turn, judging who would be most suited to the tasks at hand.
    "Anzhela and Lunadria. I leave it up to the both of you to choose the next High Ecclesiarch.
    "Israfil. Return to the Army of Heaven and make certain my forces are ready. I have no doubt that Itan has kept the Army in top shape, but it is important they be able to move out at a moments notice.
    "Vanyanil. Go to the Virus and deliver unto them my teachings.
    "Hazael and Morwenna. Keep watch over the Gates of the Forests and the Gates of Hell respectively.
    "Zerachiel. Go to Lady Adelaide and speak to her concerning the sharing the knowledge of Divine Magic.
    "Cunaen. Stand here and keep vigil.
    "Cynthaia. Go to the Citadel of the Archangels and coordinate the activities of the rest of the Belsherai.
    "Jesaphina. Go to Anreydu, I would have you study at their library.
    "These are your assignments."

They bowed and all save Cunaen flew off to their destinations.
    Belsheroth himself vanished, taking up residence once more in the Halls of Death.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 11
    Weave Plane: The Dark Moon.
    Even though it existed before, I've upgraded it to extraplanar status. It is still physically attached to the mortal world, but it is considered like Geasa.
    Alter Land: The Fortress of the Army of Heaven
    Because for the past three thousand years they've been living in tents.
    Alter Land: The Citadel of the Archangels
    Somewhere for them to keep their records and meet to discuss matters.
    Alter Land: The City of Lusin
    A city constructed of white marble that stands between the two structures mentioned above. It is decorated with copper, silver and gemstones causing it to glitter slightly in the Earthlight. It stands mostly empty.
    Remaining AP: 4

Jesaphina at the Gates of Anreydu

Wearing her black cloak, Jesaphina approached the gates and knocked softly upon them. She stepped back a ways and awaited for someone to open them. Her sword was held in the open such that those within knew she did not come bearing hidden malice.

Zerachiel looks for Adelaide

Hunting down a Goddess was never easy. And this was a Goddess that Zerachiel had never heard of before. Still, best to start off looking on Ashkharh. As he looked down from the upper atmosphere, he noticed a species that hadn't been there before.
    Well... It's as good a place as ever to start looking.
    As such, he swooped down and found himself among the Peafowlkin. He greeted the first one he met.
    "Hello. Would you know where I could find Lady Adelaide? My Lord wishes that I speak with her."
    He too, was wearing his black cloak, but the silver highlights in his wing feathers shone brightly in the sunlight. As did the sapphires ornamenting the hilt of his swords, which he kept sheathed to show he wished no harm to those he met.

Vanyanil's adventures with the Virus

The Virus were an enigma, they were created by Lord Alyveran and he had since died. They used soul magic, a perfectly vile practice and were known to willingly consort with devils.
    Still... They were probably clean and kind to their mothers...

Spoiler
    Show
    If it's alright with you guys, I think I'll have it that a disaster had befallen the Virus resulting in the collapse of their civilisation.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

[Free Port]

Savorla vanished moments after the Crone did, sinking back beneath the waves without a trace, only surfacing again several days later in Free Port, where she soon began to wander aimlessly, taking in the lives of the mortals around her.

Eventually, though, she tires of purposeless wandering, and pauses for a moment, ducking into an abandoned building to rest, only to find that the small space is already occupied by a young woman with bruises and cuts on her face and arms, wearing a tattered black dress.

Sitting down next to the unfortunate human, the Ghost Lover cradles her in her lap, gently caressing the woman's injuries, which fade at her touch, and softly kissing her, using it to implant a delicate spell into the mortal's mind.

"Rest, pretty one. You're safe now. I've claimed you, and I do not give up what is mine easily."

As she speaks, the spell takes effect, slipping the young woman into a peaceful sleep, filled with pleasant dreams, though that's hardly all of what Savorla has planned for her chosen; while she sleeps, the Lady of Many Faces forms a pair of weapons and a belt around her waist, as well as a pouch of coins and a note next to her, before slipping out of the building, and vanishing into the city.

Spoiler
    Show

Starting AP: 15

Create Artifact - Coal and Ember (-4 AP):
    A pair of sentient and highly magical revolvers, created by Savorla for the use of her Chosen.

Coal allows his wielder to damp flames, as well as causing any round fired from him to seek the body heat of the target, and splinter into a deadly cloud of frozen shards just after it leaves the barrel; Ember lets her user create flames without the necessity for fuel, in addition to making any round fired from her white-hot, and causing it to set an reasonably flammable material that passes near the path of the round to catch fire. Both are capable of telepathic communication with the person using and/or wearing them, as well as each other if in close proximity, though they cannot speak directly to anyone else unless that person has telepathic abilities of their own.

The technology to create revolvers and the ammunition for them does not exist as yet, leaving the user reliant on divine favor and/or magic to keep themselves supplied with bullets, though the control of fire remains regardless of whether or not they have rounds.

15 - 4 = 11

11 AP

6. - Top - End - #546
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Contract Claws

Phenelope gasped inwardly at this stunning display. Somehow, the Kalpan could do things without touching them!

"...T-Thank you! And you say...you live...in the water?"

She tilted her head quizzically at this last question, and couldn't help asking the next.

"...Forgive my rudeness, but...how...do you...breathe?"

Dragon Out The Conversation

"Please forgive me, but...that arrangement seems a little detrimental to we Peafowlkin. Is there not any kind of alternative arrangement we could make? Such as giving you a few pieces of art every so often?"

Chasing The Elusive Goddess

The Peafowlkin looked up at this new visitor, and spoke in hushed, almost reverent tones.

"Lady Adelaide reclines in her Gallery, awaiting our production of the finest arts. You may find her there, just as one day we will have the blessing to."

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ettin in the Playground

And Indeed, Goddesses Can Be Very Elusive

"Forgive my ignorance. But that location is unknown to me.
    "I mean no offence when I say that in all my centuries I have not heard of any such place."

Zerachiel thought for a moment.
    "Do you by any chance know the way? Or is there any way in which one might contact Lady Adelaide?"
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

8. - Top - End - #548
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Unless You Look In The Right Places
    "...There are the legends...Do you dance? It is said that the Countess can dance through dimension itself, from her Gallery to here. Perhaps you could too?"

9. - Top - End - #549

She Sells Seashells
    The artisan smiled again. He pointed to his gills, slits in the side of his neck.
    "We call these gills. They take in water, take air out of it for us to breathe, and spit the water back out. However, if you want to visit us anytime, you'll have to get a Druid to help you. They can make you able to breathe underwater normally."
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

You Can Lead A Bird To Water...

Phenelope peered at Aris' gills, intrigued.

"...I see! It must be wonderful living in the water, I imagine. Do you know where we could find a Druid?"

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ettin in the Playground

It Does Help To Know The Right Places To Look

"Unfortunately, my skill at dancing is rather limited and not up to such a standard."
    Zerachiel bowed to the helpful individual.
    "But I can fly, and that is similar to dancing. Thank you for your assistance."
    And fly he did. It had been a long shot to begin with. Hopefully he would actually have to dance. And as he was flying, he noticed he was wearing the wrong outfit. Turns out being a Herald was harder than he thought.
    Glancing up at the Sun, he calculated he had enough time to drop back into the Forests, change into a white cloak and resume his search. This time, he'd try the Void. And then Geasa, the Ocean, the Dark Moon, Hell... Anything to avoid dancing.

They Say That In Space No One Can Hear You - They're Wrong

Now that he was finally in the right attire for a Herald, Zerachiel began his search anew, using the lazy, yet efficient, method.
    "Lady Adelaide, the Herald of Belsheroth requests audience."
    Hopefully she would notice a telepathic communication...

Dragons!

12. - Top - End - #552

He's Crabby in the Morning
    Aqar, standing up and wiping his brow from the effort of smelting the rocks, said, "I am pleased to be at thy service, for
    I am a Druid, and, an it please you, I shall take you under the sea."
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

This Is A Gallery, Not A Playground - Indoor Voices, Please?

Almost in response, a scroll-bearing peacock fluttered down to Zerachiel, unfurling the scroll itself, revealing a line of beautiful sapphire calligraphy.

"Herald,

I would be pleased to hold an audience with you. My assistant will show you to my domain.

- Lady Adelaide"

The Least Shellfish Act Ever

Phenelope's eyes sparkled at the offer, and her words betrayed her excitement.

"That...That would be wonderful, a thousand gratitudes! What must I do?"
    Last edited by HearTheRequiem; 2012-08-14 at 06:27 AM.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

Apologies, Couldn't Find Where Indoors Is

Zerachiel bowed to the assistant.
    "Thank you. I am ready to see Lady Adelaide now."
    It was rather odd to bow to a peacock while standing in the void, but weirder things have happened.

Dragons!

15. - Top - End - #555

Anreydu

A single knock on the gate resounds like a gong. From the top of the battlements one of the Deathless peaks over, "What is your business?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ettin in the Playground

Anreydu

And in response, Jesaphina called up to the battlements.
    "Greetings! I am Archangel Jesaphina of the Belsherai. It is my wish, and the wish of my Lord, to study at your library."

Dragons!

17. - Top - End - #557
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

As The Peacock Flies

Almost in response, the peacock bowed back, before soaring off into the Void.

After a while, the two came to a door in the Void, the Countess stood in the doorframe.

"I have been waiting. Please, come in."

18. - Top - End - #558

Anreydu

For a moment there is silence and then the gate opens ponderously. On the other side of the gate is a single Deathless. "Evening Archangel, I am Leon, I'll guide you to the Tower of Records. If you'll follow me."

Leon begins walking towards the Tower. "Are you looking for anything in particular?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ettin in the Playground

In Out Of The Darkness

Zerachiel bowed and entered the room beyond, his white cloak sweeping along the floor behind him.
    Now for the hard part... What was the proper style of address for a countess who was also a Goddess? As far as he knew, there was no precedent.
    "Lady Adelaide. My Lord Belsheroth has requested that I seek you out to discuss a matter of some importance.
    "Long ago, Belsheroth created a form of magic by which mortals could attune themselves to him and channel his divine power to heal and to protect. If you are willing, he would teach this art to you so that your creations may also have such benefits."

Anreydu

"Nothing in particular. I merely request that I be permitted to study the books in your library."
    She had by this point sheathed her sword. In this place, amongst the bright light and golden walls, she stood out. Perhaps she should make herself a new cloak to fit in better?
    Then again... Darker colours were traditional...
    "Is it true that your library is the single greatest source of knowledge in existence? At first I doubted it, but am reassured by My Lords willingness to let me study here."
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-08-14 at 09:07 AM.

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #560
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Adelaide nodded.

"I see. And the Lord Belsheroth in return, one would assume, seeks my allegiance?

I was not expecting such a welcome, but the offer is indeed thoughtful, and I appreciate it. Could you please tell me more of your Lord, and of these magicks?"

She gestures to a plush armchair, across from a chaise-longue, in the middle of the room.

"Please, come in, and sit with me a while. It is impolite to linger in doorways. May I fetch you a beverage? Do you take tea, perhaps?"

21. - Top - End - #561

He's a Cool Druid
    The Druid softly spoke three words. "Let dÿs vatten."
    The Peafowlkin felt a gentle force go down her windpipe and settle, without weight, in her lungs. It felt like there was a gentle light shining in her.
    "There. Now you can breathe underwater."
    He cast a bolt of blue light from a wand made of coral he had strapped to his back. "And this will keep your feathers from getting soaked."
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

22. - Top - End - #562

The Dreaming
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm putting Kipt in a comma for a little while, recovering from that attack.

Kipt takes the strike to the heart, and falls backwards without showing sign of consciousness. His Axe and Badge float through space as he drifts. Kipt's mind has now entered a very dark place.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Orc in the Playground

The Grand Plume
    Dragoth was irritated at the misunderstanding, and he decided that they were unable to understand the notion of being robbed. So he pulled out his weapon and decided he was just going to take the treasure by force. He then says, "No that is the deal. You can take it, or you can die.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ettin in the Playground

Zerachiel sits.
    "No thank you. I require no sustenance and was never able to develop a taste for tea. But I will take plain water.
    "As to matters of allegiance, Lord Belsheroth seeks no allegiance from any God. But you are free to join with the Empowered Council if you so desire it. Merely seek out the God known as Kipt."

He moves a strand of his silver hair out of his eye.
    "As for the nature of Lord Belsheroth...
    "He was born at the beginning of time, the eighth of nine children. He is Lord of Death, He Who Walks With the Dead, the Starlit Reaper, Star God, Lord of the Night, Singer of Requiems and Rider in the Darkness. Long is his history and illustrious are his achievements.
    "I could bore you with all the details in all their glory, and sometimes the darkness and gore. But immortal though I am, time is still too fleeting.
    "However, the highlights will not take too long:
    "He put the Dark Moon in the sky near to the beginning of time and is responsible for the eclipses on the solstices. He placed the stars in the sky and set the world turning. He wove the Forests of Starlight from nothing and created my people from his own blood. Long ago, he created the first life and soon after raised humble ravens to sentience as Ravenkind.
    "He has used his power to bestow blessings upon the world and to strike down the doers of evil. And still, he bears the scars from when he fought to protect his ideals.
    He is a being of singular kindness and good. He has had two children, one who has died, and one who is very young. He has seen all his sisters and all his brothers save one die. Grief is, unfortunately, his constant companion."

No doubt, the Inevitables have devoted a whole section of their library to Belsheroth. But of course, it is difficult for Zerachiel to remember everything because most of it happened so long ago. He wiped a tear from his eye.
    "I'm sorry Lady Adelaide, but things start to get to people when they get old. Despite his divinity, he seems to lack the same agelessness he imbued my race with. He's still ageless, but in a way I cannot comprehend...
    "Anyway, you wished to know more of Divine Magic.
    "It is rather simple. A properly attuned Cleric, usually by meditation, is able to channel the power of a willing deity through the use of prayers rendered in the Holy Tongue. This grants the person in question access to as much power as their body can handle to perform the prayer in question's spell.
    "These spells are usually of a healing or protective nature, but are occasionally offensive. I can give you a small demonstration if you desire it."

Now Zerachiel's face turns a bit grim.
    "Unfortunately, there are a few dangers to power being used this way. The practically limitless divine energy available to the Cleric can overwhelm their body and kill them. Lord Belsheroth averted this by infusing his clerics such that their bodies would not fail due to the use of his power. You will likely need to do something similar or limit your Clerics to lesser powers.
    "Secondly, a Cleric can misuse this power. Fortunately, according to Lord Belsheroth, you are always subconsciously aware what your power is being used for. Unfortunately, this means you won't know until after the deed is done. But you can revoke a Cleric's ability at any time.
    "Of course, I didn't understand all of what he told me, but that is what I was able to understand."

Spoiler
    Show
    Longish post, but there is a lot of information in it that people are free to skip over.

Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #565

Anreydu

"I couldn't really say... some of the Deathless work with the Inevitables, but I'm not one of them. Right now I'm taking you to the Tower of Records, that's where the Inevitables deposit their observations on the universe and magic. After you're done with that, in the next... 1,000 years?

"We should have the Tower of Contemplation finished. It's that second highest one, next to the Tower of Dawn.

"It's got some tomes already, mostly theories and meditative works, as opposed to the observations in the Tower of Records. All of it sounds pretty boring to me."

The Dreaming

"Kipt!"

Gwyn drops her shield and stretches out her hand, she explodes with golden light. Bands of energy rise up from the dreaming and wrap around the Dream Lich binding him in place.

"Ombra! Take him!"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ettin in the Playground

Anreydu

"You'd be surprised Sir Knight at how many books a person can get through if they need not eat or sleep."
    She looked at him.
    "Though, I suspect, you do not need such mortal comforts either."

Dragons!

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    The Dreaming

"Kipt!"

Gwyn drops her shield and stretches out her hand, she explodes with golden light. Bands of energy rise up from the dreaming and wrap around the Dream Lich binding him in place.

"Ombra! Take him!"
    Ombra charged, darkness billowing around him. He lashed at the Dream Lich with his own shadow, and struck around Gwyn's bindings at the beast's heart.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #568
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Phenelope, Water You Doing?

"Oh, thank you, thank you! How long will this last? And could you please show me around the water, even if only a little? It just seems so vast!"

Only 10% Of Stolen Art Is Ever Recovered

Bowing his head, Pfiann spoke in a low voice.

"Then I guess it cannot be avoided, unreasonable as you insist on being. Phepheri, Phyllis - Please have the Curators bring our finest pieces."

At his words, two other Peafowl split off from the group, and begin walking, with definite purpose.

Adelaide's Gallery

The goddess plucks a crystal tumbler from mid-air, which immediately fills with water, and is handed to the Herald. Adelaide similarly plucks a royal blue teacup-and-saucer from nowhere, and sips daintily as the Herald speaks, nodding politely.

"Lord Belsheroth has my greatest sympathies. It seems he has been through a lot, none of which I would wish on anyone.

However, to talk of happier things, he also has my congratulations and gratitude. You said he created the Ravenkind, did you not? They are a wonderful creation, and the inspiration for my Peafowlkin.

Now, as to this Divine Magic. It sounds like a well-thought-out idea, but the implementation does not yet seem polished. Perhaps it could be used constructively as well as defensively...Do you think your Lord would begrudge an audience with me to discuss such an issue? I would not want to appropriate his work without discussing modifications first."

Her words are cut short by the appearance of a peacock bearing a tray laden with desserts.

"My apologies, it appears it is time for dessert. Would you care for some?"

29. - Top - End - #569

Tooth and Claw
    "It lasts as long as I can keep up concentration. I will show thee as much of the sea as I can."
    He headed towards the water, beckoning the Peafowlkin towards him.
    The artisan followed, and the other three started into the water as well, forming a protective ring around Phenelope.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Orc in the Playground

The Grand Plume
    Dragoth sees the pieces they've brought to him. He then says, "What about the slaves?" He kept his weapon raised and spinning.