New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Profaniti, Captain Eric

"You shall be given a contract, as our other allies in the past have been, which will grant you our power and the divine power of our benefactor, and you will take this contract in verbal form as a renewal of the other Knights and soldiers of the Calsanctium's oaths to do their duty, and a dedication to the crusade, which they will no doubt accept and recite, it will be a simple thing. With the contracts signed and agreed upon by all parties, you will be free to pursue the crusade how you wish, of course with the eventual goal of establishing singular dominance from which to rule all peoples, and thus reduce net suffering."
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mortal Lands
    Aquaeris, trailed by misty spirits of dead Kalpans and the beautiful forms of the wronged dead, reincarnated, saw the changes wrought in the world.
    And they were good.
    He saw his sea-people creating great art, and glorified them in it.
    He saw love of two races together in two heroic figures, and he bathed them in glory.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    Create Lesser Concept: Kalpan Art
    Kalpans create such prized art nations could fight for a single masterpiece. It holds magic of its own. The paintings can even hold a hypnotic quality, or, if they are well-painted, might even come to life.

Infuse Race: Hydressė
    The children of Akir and Floewyr, who have interbred and bred with others, are blessed by the grace of the sea, the strength of the land, and the changeability of the earth. They can now shapeshift at will, and have all the strengths of the Kalpans and Woden.

AP: 4-4=0
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-07-07 at 04:08 PM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Profaniti, Captain Eric

"You shall be given a contract, as our other allies in the past have been, which will grant you our power and the divine power of our benefactor, and you will take this contract in verbal form as a renewal of the other Knights and soldiers of the Calsanctium's oaths to do their duty, and a dedication to the crusade, which they will no doubt accept and recite, it will be a simple thing. With the contracts signed and agreed upon by all parties, you will be free to pursue the crusade how you wish, of course with the eventual goal of establishing singular dominance from which to rule all peoples, and thus reduce net suffering."
    "All of these things are doable on my part. But what sort of power would I be granted? Magical power for me is explainable through the Drownsword, but there are very few knights that have any magical power."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-07 at 02:56 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    The restore the millions slain to life. You have the power and Lord Belsheroth cannot stop you. But do not expect their memories to remain intact. One of my brethren looked long ago into the potential of souls being reborn in an attempt to fix the system and make the cycle work, but he determined that a soul cannot be restored to a body of the proper age and would have to be carried to term and be reborn.
    The placing of a fully formed mind into one that has not yet even begun to grow results in irreversible fragmentation of the memory. Our father was sceptical and believed that such a system could be subverted for purposes of evil.

Anzhela watched Kiloasa's illusion. And that was all it was.
    An idealist's dream.
    She said this with a scathing tone.
    You would doom all reality? Souls have weight My Lord. Proven mathematically beyond a doubt by the mortal Henry Ford.
    If we allow souls to remain on Ashkharh for too long, then the problem that results will solve itself as Geasa falls from the heavens and destroys everything living.

She did not think she'd have to explain physics to a God...
    Go ask Merolle. He will tell you that the orbit of the Rings relies directly upon the weight of Ashkharh and the Dark Moon to remain practically constant. If the weight of Ashkharh increases too much, then that system will fail. The Gnomes might save Geasa only for the Dark Moon to crash through the heavens.
    She sighed.
    They will have to weight until their loved ones die and can truly join them. A soul's hardships on the mortal world are too difficult to describe. At least in the Forests they can have rest.
    They do not suffer. The Forests are eternal and infinite. But you would not know that, you have been there only once. And that was millennia ago...

Spoiler
    Show
    Souls are not crammed into the Forests like sardines and Hell is not permanent unless you've done something really bad.
    And by being sent there, to places physically separate from the mortal world, the excess energy from the souls can't affect things too much.
    Thus her objections to people remaining is a result of science. Souls have energy, and because souls can be created from nothing, they increase the total energy of Ashkharh, thus increasing its mass.
    And when its mass increases too much, the stable orbits of the Rings of Geasa and the Dark Moon will destabilise and someone will have to readjust the entire system to compensate. And they'll have to do it over and over again...
    There's also the thing with the model (a metaphor for the Universe as you've already guessed). She showed it to Kiloasa in the hopes that he would fix it so it doesn't wind down, or so that when it did wind down it would rewind itself.
    Divine laziness on Belsheroth's part.
    Unfortunately, Anzhela... infinity does not exist. The Starlight Forests will soon become overcrowded and then collaps in upon themselves, just as you fear will happen to Creation. Kiloasa replied. And I would not have had to consider restoring the goblins to life if Belsheroth had merely heeded my request for caution. He acted immediately and fiercely to protect that which he governs, and his action caused untold damage to that which I govern. However, when I react similarly to how Belsheroth reacted, you would paint me as a villain. If I am a villain, then so is Belsheroth. But only one of us will admit to it, and only one of us is taking responsibility for the damage caused by their actions. If that were not the case, you would not be standing here now.

Even if your fears about Geasa and the Dark Moon crashing into the world are true, the problem will not cease by sending souls elswhere. The world's population continues to increase. And each new body has a new soul. It is only a matter of time before the mass of Creation grows too great for Geasa to withstand.

Have you ever even spoken with the souls you ferry from Creation to their afterlife? I think not. It would do you well to speak with them. For too long the gods have decided the fate of mortals without thought or concern for their wishes and desires. I will change that, and you will help me. Go among the souls in the Forest and in Hell. Ask of them their desires, gather all the information you can. Then return to me with your findings.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kiloasa might just be trying to get rid of Anzhela here, but he does intend to find out what mortals really want.

Also, to point out a few things that seem to be ignored: Hell is currently permanent, it was one of the last things Mynxae did before his latest hiatus. Also, the souls in hell are used to power soul magic, not mortal ghosts. Why hasn't Belsheroth done anything about this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    D. Construct

Ombra stood as the game declared the fight over. The Limit break had not killed the creature, but HT wants to move on and isn't feeling very creative right now, sorry the Hippotaur's natural strength had overwhelmed the winged repitilian humanoid.

Ombra crossed his arms. I have work to do, but before I go, I believe I owe you an infusion of power. He held out an arm.
    "Yes, that was the agreement, wasn't it?" Nettal took Ombra's hand. "This was fun. We should do it again sometime."

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Free Port-Explorer's Guild

Hans doesn't hesitate and hands over several forged passports (truly quality forgeries), "No need to worry, that's part of the standard package. As far as safety goes, you can't do better than Elthien lands. Monte Mora is the port's name and they as a people are very open to trade."

He coughs, "Among other things."

Sandra grimaces, "That's not something we needed to know."
    "Sandra. This man is trying to help us." Kuruk chided the young knight. "Any more specific information you can give us would be greatly appreciated. This is going to be a long journey for us, and we need all the help we can get."

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdelf View Post

The Destroyed Lokab Empire.

Tresingiis knew that he, as a god, should not be completely responsible for capturing that which hated the gods. He should let mortals help mortals. Besides, no one being can reform an entire society. If he personally claimed the new nation, it would just be the gods overthrowing resistance, it would lead to silence, and forced obedience. He also knew that he had to fix the problem that he was created to fix, and to bring prosperity to a plagued land. Many things burdened him as they approached what remains of the Lokab Empire. For this reason, when they arrived, Tresingiis let Reddulch lead into the capitol, and Tresingiis himself helped with the destroyed land, and other goblins.

The Lokab Capitol

The cities burned, smoke rose above the buildings. Goblins panicked, running amuck in the street. Crimes of all sorts took place, burglary, arson, murder, rape, gangs formed in this broken wasteland. When the division arrived in the city, there where many things happening. They saw groups of wildlings struggling to keep groups of goblins in line. They saw a woman have the blessed fruit Tresingiis made taken from her. They saw lines of goblins running from building to building. A city in ruins.

Reddulch said to his division, " Split up, split up all over. Let the wildlings help you keep order, make sure nobody else is mugged, or killed. We will gather all of the remaining goblins up, and march them out of the city. We will have all of them stand outside the city, and we will speak to them from of things to come. There will be an assembly of all the goblins in the city. We will organize them, feed them, give them water. This rain is putting the fires out already."

With that, they split up.

The Lokab Outskirts

Tresingiis already had reorganized many small groups of the goblins. He was moving from circle to circle, and the thousands of Cretaum where rolling over the sand. It wasn't so bad out here. We already have groups of three Cretaum apiece using their knowledge and power to heal each little enclave in the desert. They had an active team collecting the fruit scattered on the desert, and bringing it in, to be used to heal and to feed. The rain was cooling off the overheating desert, which made the enclaves cool, full of food and water, and a little safer. It was good, though Tresingiis wondered how Reddulch was doing in the capitol, and there was much more of the desert to go.

Spoiler
    Show
    To be continued in the morning. Plus, if anyone wants to roleplay something in any of this, or want a specific thing to happen, feel free to do so. I hope I'm not godmodding. I feel like all of the quotes in the spoiler above should help understand this and the next couple posts. It's also a good thing to have in the beginning of part II.
    Goblin refugees were lined up for nearly a mile to try and get some of the food that the Cretaumfolk had brought. Hundreds of thousands of starving men, women and children waiting impatiently for their best chance at survival. Glick had been in line for almost twelve hours when she made it to the front.

"Thank you, thank you thank you!" she said to the strange Cretaumfolk who had arrived from seemingly nowhere. "You have saved me, saved us all. We are in your debt." She took her ration of food and water and left the line.

Glick ran among the destroyed, crumbling buildings to her safe spot. It was a hole in a wall, literally. But it was cool and dark and no one else knew about it. That's what she thought, until she got there.

"Hey li'l miss. Gimme your food." A big, ugly goblin with one eye said. The burned scar of a geas mark was apparent on his forehead.

"Please, it's mine. You can't take it, I'll starve." She begged.

"Ha! Some goblin you are!" The geas-freed goblin replied. he pushed her to the ground and took the food. Glick jumped up straight away and bit the bigger goblin on the shoulder.

"I'LL KILL YOU!" He screamed. The big goblin threw Glick against the wall and pinned her there with one arm. His other hand held a knife at her throat. Glick swallowed hard.

Spoiler
    Show
    This might be a good time to have a Cretaumfolk Guard come along to save the day

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The Mistlands
    Having waited for a few minutes Yohalles balances on his right foot and scratches his ear with his left. Kiloasa......if you wanted to discuss something with me......now would be the time.....when I'm here......before I leave. In fact he's beginning to look a bit impatient and flighty, as if he might walk away at any moment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP:1
    Rollover: +4AP
    Current AP: 5
    Last edited by The Bandicoot; 2012-07-07 at 06:57 PM.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    The Mistlands
    Having waited for a few minutes Yohalles balances on his right foot and scratches his ear with his left. Kiloasa......if you wanted to discuss something with me......now would be the time.....when I'm here......before I leave. In fact he's beginning to look a bit impatient and flighty, as if he might walk away at any moment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP:1
    Rollover: +4AP
    Current AP: 5
    If there is somewhere you wish to be, then I'll not hold you Yohalles. I'll arrive at my point. I would like for you to join the Manyfold Guardians and protect Creation so that it may continue for eternity. Will you join us?

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 0 PAP: 0
    Rollover: 6
    Final AP: 6 PAP: 0

7. - Top - End - #37

Free Port-The Great Voyage

Sandra rolled her eyes, while Hans continued,

"Not too much to tell, I know they have hardly any crime. The Elthiens are a very peaceful people, but they shocked every once in a while by some particularly vicious trouble makers. They're allied with the Woden, Kalpans, and I think that's about it. I can't remember if the Ice-kin have allied with them or not, you do see a few Ice-kin traders, though I doubt they're proper Ice-kin.

"I'd be careful for one reason though, one of my friends that just got back from Monte Mora claims the Fell Knives are opening up shop."

Spoiler
    Show
    Hidden Isle doesn't have the Fell Knives as they've never accepted immigrants aside from a few Kalpans way back when.

Rollover: +5AP

Ending AP: 5
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-07 at 08:22 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    AP as of 23rd:
    4AP+1PAP
    Rollover from 7th and 30th
    +8AP+1PAP(already maxxed)
    =
    12AP+1PAP (2 if Lilli joined the guardians - I recall something to that effect but didn't see it on the OOC thread)

Mistlands

Indeed. Now kneel. If you're standing this is going to knock you on your ass faster than twenty shots of tequila.

Ombra then placed his hand on Nettal's head. Know this, mortal: Exaltation is not something to be taken lightly. It is a grave responsibility. You will outlive everyone that you care for, and almost everything. Loneliness will hound you for the rest of your existence, and no one will be there to guide you - no, not even I. I am no master, nor dog to bark at your will. You may ask for advice, but I will not give you orders. All of your power, mortal and divine, will be yours to use as you please. With this trust, however, comes a price: If you use these powers to oppress... His eyes narrowed. I'll kill you myself.

His eyes softened. Having said that, you will find ease in all things: fighting, travelling, charming... And whatever goals you set with this power will be within your grasp, if not simply there. The shadows of all things shall obey your whims, and all I call my children will know you as my champion (sorry, that one's a side effect of the infusion - serve whomever or whatever you wish) You can do more good than you can now imagine with this power... the only limit is yourself, the gods, and others so infused.

Knowing all of this, Nettal, do you still accept the gift of Exaltation by the hand of the Prince of Shadows and the Divine Vigilante?

If you do, say thusly: "Suffer not the tyrant to live."

If Nettal accepts or asks about the phrase, he will lean in close and add, One last thing: That phrase has two meanings. One is murderous. The other is not.

Spoiler
    Show
    Any or all of this might be true to Nettal's circumstance.

To be clear, that loneliness thing would come from everything he cares for turning to dust, if at all. He's not literally going to have a spectre of being along hanging at his back
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-07-07 at 09:56 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sandra rolled her eyes, while Hans continued,

"Not too much to tell, I know they have hardly any crime. The Elthiens are a very peaceful people, but they shocked every once in a while by some particularly vicious trouble makers. They're allied with the Woden, Kalpans, and I think that's about it. I can't remember if the Ice-kin have allied with them or not, you do see a few Ice-kin traders, though I doubt they're proper Ice-kin.

"I'd be careful for one reason though, one of my friends that just got back from Monte Mora claims the Fell Knives are opening up shop."

Spoiler
    Show
    Hidden Isle doesn't have the Fell Knives as they've never accepted immigrants aside from a few Kalpans way back when.

Rollover: +5AP

Ending AP: 5
    "What are the Fell Knives?" Kuruk asked. He knew he was taking a risk, if the Fell Knives were well known all over the world, then his not knowing about them would reveal too much about the Hidden Isle. Still, he had to prepare for any danger his crew might face.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP as of 23rd:
    4AP+1PAP
    Rollover from 7th and 30th
    +8AP+1PAP(already maxxed)
    =
    12AP+1PAP (2 if Lilli joined the guardians - I recall something to that effect but didn't see it on the OOC thread)

Mistlands

Indeed. Now kneel. If you're standing this is going to knock you on your ass faster than twenty shots of tequila.

Ombra then placed his hand on Nettal's head. Know this, mortal: Exaltation is not something to be taken lightly. It is a grave responsibility. You will outlive everyone that you care for, and almost everything. Loneliness will hound you for the rest of your existence, and no one will be there to guide you - no, not even I. I am no master, nor dog to bark at your will. You may ask for advice, but I will not give you orders. All of your power, mortal and divine, will be yours to use as you please. With this trust, however, comes a price: If you use these powers to oppress... His eyes narrowed. I'll kill you myself.

His eyes softened. Having said that, you will find ease in all things: fighting, travelling, charming... And whatever goals you set with this power will be within your grasp, if not simply there. The shadows of all things shall obey your whims, and all I call my children will know you as my champion (sorry, that one's a side effect of the infusion - serve whomever or whatever you wish) You can do more good than you can now imagine with this power... the only limit is yourself, the gods, and others so infused.

Knowing all of this, Nettal, do you still accept the gift of Exaltation by the hand of the Prince of Shadows and the Divine Vigilante?

If you do, say thusly: "Suffer not the tyrant to live."

If Nettal accepts or asks about the phrase, he will lean in close and add, One last thing: That phrase has two meanings. One is murderous. The other is not.

Spoiler
    Show
    Any or all of this might be true to Nettal's circumstance.

To be clear, that loneliness thing would come from everything he cares for turning to dust, if at all. He's not literally going to have a spectre of being along hanging at his back
    "I do not fear, Ombra. I have sacrificed many things, lost many loved ones to arrive where I am today. I am prepared."

Nettal knelt before Ombra, "Suffer not the tyrant to live." He said.

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    "What are the Fell Knives?" Kuruk asked. He knew he was taking a risk, if the Fell Knives were well known all over the world, then his not knowing about them would reveal too much about the Hidden Isle. Still, he had to prepare for any danger his crew might face.
    "A group of people you don't want to find out about." He said matter of factly, unconcerned at his customer's apparent ignorance.

"As far as anyone normal knows they're a guild of a assassins. In fact, I had a run in with the guild in Snow Haven, I barely escaped with my life. Of course, I was much younger and stronger then. Luckily, the guild here in Free Port seems unconcerned with me."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

"I do not fear, Ombra. I have sacrificed many things, lost many loved ones to arrive where I am today. I am prepared."

Nettal knelt before Ombra, "Suffer not the tyrant to live." He said.
    Ombra's bright white teeth grinned a cheshire grin beneath his hood. Then be infused, young one.

Nettal felt his insides writhe with sickness - Ombra had been right, this would've knocked him down had he been standing. Power rushed from Ombra's hand and rushed into Nettal's body.

In that instant, Nettal's perception of the world suddenly shifted. Shadows became more pronounced, the night lost it's mystery and became safe and familiar. He could sense - almost see - the fabric of darkness itself on all thngs, and he knew that if he wanted it would bend and twist to his will.

A dark aura surrounded him as the power continued to flow. Nettal's eyes glowed with a bright green light, and similarly colored lightning arced across his body.

As Ombra released his hold, strength and vigor infused Nettal's every limb. Every old wound had faded, every ache was gone, and he could feel the shadows of the world itself around him. As the aura of black light faded, he felt the nausea wash away and knew that his ascension was done.

Ombra grinned and helped him to his feet. How do you feel?

Spoiler
    Show
    Raise Hero: Nettal (4AP) and Infuse Nettal (1AP, 1PAP)

If Raising a Hero counts as an Infusion, then I'll only raise him. If Nettal is already a Hero (don't remember) then i'll just infuse him. If neither apply, I'll do both Nettal's powers just got REAL all up in this bitch

7AP+0PAP

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #42

GnomeWizardGuy

If there is somewhere you wish to be, then I'll not hold you Yohalles. I'll arrive at my point. I would like for you to join the Manyfold Guardians and protect Creation so that it may continue for eternity. Will you join us?

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 0 PAP: 0
    Rollover: 6
    Final AP: 6 PAP: 0
    Me? A guardian of ALL creation?......an interesting idea his eyes glaze over for a short while. Consider me....considering. I am still.....new at this......and I still have questions. I ask that you......grant me some time to find some....answers. He's gone still and stoic in this short time.
    Last edited by The Bandicoot; 2012-07-07 at 11:38 PM.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Geasa

Very well uncle, rest well.

She stood and looked at Bright Fire, "I've done all I can, I will help you keep Vigil if you would allow it."

She leaned agains the wall, "I'm sorry, what is your name?"
    I am called Brightfire.
    What are you called?

She made no threatening moves, but instead seemed to curl up in a beam of sunlight in the corner of the room, feeding off the solar energy.

Sophia, Marren, and Nureen

Sophia bowed slightly to Nureen, "Nice to meet you too lady Nureen."

But she shook her head at Marren wanting to take her back, "I can't go back, not yet. For now, I'm heading for Free Port to stop a great tragedy."

Spoiler
    Show
    Just so people know, Sophia was who inherited Bjor's infusion and hero status.

So she's at a total of +10RCR for infused order, regular kingdom, Infused Heroine, and Artifact.
    Freeport?!?! Where has your sense gone young lady?
    I am in agreement with Nureen. You'd likely be killed as soon as you walk through the gate. But, I know that look.
    You're right... She has the look of someone determined to get themselves killed.
    Marren and Nureen looked at each other and nodded.
    We're going with you.

Spoiler
    Show
    She can refuse, but they'd probably just follow along behind her. After all, they think she's either gone crazy or had some kind of vision.

Unfortunately, Anzhela... infinity does not exist. The Starlight Forests will soon become overcrowded and then collaps in upon themselves, just as you fear will happen to Creation. Kiloasa replied. And I would not have had to consider restoring the goblins to life if Belsheroth had merely heeded my request for caution. He acted immediately and fiercely to protect that which he governs, and his action caused untold damage to that which I govern. However, when I react similarly to how Belsheroth reacted, you would paint me as a villain. If I am a villain, then so is Belsheroth. But only one of us will admit to it, and only one of us is taking responsibility for the damage caused by their actions. If that were not the case, you would not be standing here now.

Even if your fears about Geasa and the Dark Moon crashing into the world are true, the problem will not cease by sending souls elswhere. The world's population continues to increase. And each new body has a new soul. It is only a matter of time before the mass of Creation grows too great for Geasa to withstand.

Have you ever even spoken with the souls you ferry from Creation to their afterlife? I think not. It would do you well to speak with them. For too long the gods have decided the fate of mortals without thought or concern for their wishes and desires. I will change that, and you will help me. Go among the souls in the Forest and in Hell. Ask of them their desires, gather all the information you can. Then return to me with your findings.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kiloasa might just be trying to get rid of Anzhela here, but he does intend to find out what mortals really want.

Also, to point out a few things that seem to be ignored: Hell is currently permanent, it was one of the last things Mynxae did before his latest hiatus. Also, the souls in hell are used to power soul magic, not mortal ghosts. Why hasn't Belsheroth done anything about this yet?
    Again, Anzhela suppresses her urge to sigh.
    I shall perform this task.
    But know this, you do not know the mind of my Father.

She bows and departs for the Forests. The wording of Kiloasa's order meant that she would be involved in this task for aeons, but she would persevere to teach him a lesson.

Anzhela, scroll and quill in hand in the Forests

She was speaking to a human woman and her daughter.
    So, you both died in childbirth and came here?
    "Yes, that is correct."
    Would you have wished to remain on Ashkharh?
    "Well... Our life wasn't good. We were poor and lived in squalor, and when I went into labour with Freda, I was not due for another two months. If we had lived, I feel we would have suffered much."
    Apologies for the vagueness of the question... If you had the choice between coming here and lingering on in spirit, would you have?
    "Without a doubt, no. Here we are free from the burdens of life. There is clean water and good food whenever we desire it. I can see my sisters who died before me. And we are happy together."
    A few minutes later.
    Now Anzhela was speaking to an Elthien grandmother.
    You died in a fire?
    "Yes."
    If you had the choice to linger on Ashkharh in spirit, would you have?
    "It would have been tempting, but here, I am with my husband and neither of us suffers from the ailments that afflicted us in later life. I can see my grandchild who died from Scarlet Fever, and my own grandmother.
    Here, we are happy."
    Again, later.
    Speaking to a merchant.
    Your heart gave way, correct?
    "Indeed, that is the case Madame Anzhela."
    Would you have remained on Ashkharh in spirit?
    "Well... I was an orphan and had no family other than my wife and daughter. I provided well for them, and now they live in luxury, as shall their descendants. I had no need to watch over them.
    Now I wait for them here. One of your brethren helped me gather timber, and I'm building a house for my family when they arrive with the help of a nice Goblin Chap I met recently."
    These interviews continue on, and on, and on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm... I'm pretty sure hell lacks permanency... I'll need to check with him, and you know... poke him until he posts.
    And he's getting to it. Tearing down the actions of mortals is usually less inflammatory than tearing down the actions of another god.
    And the mentions of ghosts used as a power source is hypothetical. No one's done it yet, but it could be conceivably done.

City of Galnkan

Kasak walked toward to the square at the heart of the city and joined the lines waiting for the Druid to open the gate of his orchard. When he first did so, people tore whole branches off the trees and there was a riot over the tender buds of new leaves. As such, the Druid's friend was forced to let loose a few tamed rhinos into the crowd, dispersing it. Now, everyone had to go through the orchard in small groups.
    A shadow passed over Kasak and he looked up. It was an angel, divine servant of the Accursed Reaper! What was it doing here? Wait... It seemed to be helping keep order. And there were others picking fruit and placing it in boxes. And they were bringing more in. Some were tending to the wounded.
    A most curious turn of events indeed. Still, he had best wait patiently to get food. A riot was not a fun place to be.
    As he watched the Belsherai heal the wounded with flashes of light, something fell into place in his mind, and he began to recognise some of the spells used. That one heals simple cuts, that is for the regeneration of broken bones, those two Belsherai there were removing sickness...
    How did he know this...

Spoiler
    Show
    As his knowledge of divine magic is fragmentary at best, he still doesn't realise what those grains of sand were.
    Also, I'm assuming that by keeping the Goblins fed and with water, healing and keeping order are acceptable?
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"A group of people you don't want to find out about." He said matter of factly, unconcerned at his customer's apparent ignorance.

"As far as anyone normal knows they're a guild of a assassins. In fact, I had a run in with the guild in Snow Haven, I barely escaped with my life. Of course, I was much younger and stronger then. Luckily, the guild here in Free Port seems unconcerned with me."
    "I suppose you lucked out then, friend." Kuruk said. "We'll take the maps and atlases then, thank you very much for your assistance." Kuruk stepped away from the counter and walked out the door.

Ombra's bright white teeth grinned a cheshire grin beneath his hood. Then be infused, young one.

Nettal felt his insides writhe with sickness - Ombra had been right, this would've knocked him down had he been standing. Power rushed from Ombra's hand and rushed into Nettal's body.

In that instant, Nettal's perception of the world suddenly shifted. Shadows became more pronounced, the night lost it's mystery and became safe and familiar. He could sense - almost see - the fabric of darkness itself on all thngs, and he knew that if he wanted it would bend and twist to his will.

A dark aura surrounded him as the power continued to flow. Nettal's eyes glowed with a bright green light, and similarly colored lightning arced across his body.

As Ombra released his hold, strength and vigor infused Nettal's every limb. Every old wound had faded, every ache was gone, and he could feel the shadows of the world itself around him. As the aura of black light faded, he felt the nausea wash away and knew that his ascension was done.

Ombra grinned and helped him to his feet. How do you feel?

Spoiler
    Show
    Raise Hero: Nettal (4AP) and Infuse Nettal (1AP, 1PAP)

If Raising a Hero counts as an Infusion, then I'll only raise him. If Nettal is already a Hero (don't remember) then i'll just infuse him. If neither apply, I'll do both Nettal's powers just got REAL all up in this bitch

7AP+0PAP
    The power surged through Nettal. It was... incredible. "You do me a great service, Ombra." he said to the god as he stood up. "I will use this power for the good of all mortals, I swear it. I do not wish to be rude after so quickly recieving such a gift from you, but I must attend to matters on Creation. The reconstruction of the Lokab Empire requires the attention of all the Wildlings, myself included."

Nettal bowed to Ombra and left through a nearby portal. His exit from the Mistlands took him nearby a group of knights who were busy at work in the lands that Calasanctium had reclaimed from the fallen Lokab Empire.

Spoiler
    Show
    @Yeshon: I'd like to get Nettal in contact with Gwyn, as per our discussion via PM. If you're still interested, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    Me? A guardian of ALL creation?......an interesting idea his eyes glaze over for a short while. Consider me....considering. I am still.....new at this......and I still have questions. I ask that you......grant me some time to find some....answers. He's gone still and stoic in this short time.
    I would encourage you to think about it. Speak with Kipt and ask him anything. I am sure he will be able to provide you with answers to any questions you might have. I wish you well on your journeys, if you ever need a place to rest, the Mistlands will welcome you.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

What May Be Perceived as the Present

The Fool looked down upon all of creation from his perch just beyond the last star. The many faceted eyes of the Serpent saw all things. The stars stretching out, eternal guardians of the beyond. The starlit forest which grew between them, home of the dead and passed. Home of Lystelle... In strange ways he could see Hell superimposed behind the picture. And from it the screams of suffering fell silently. At the heart of the universe sat the prime world. And around it the rings of Geasa circled in perfect rhythm. A new world had been born in his absence. A world both connected to, yet not of the material. A wild world much like its master. Then there were the dreams. The wonderful dreams of all life clever enough to think it. So many possibilities existed in the dream world, like light that illuminated the inner workings of souls. And through all of this the twisting pattern of the labyrinth shifted and hummed. For through it the sacred energies of the universe flowed; the very life blood of creation. And drowning inside of it the poor souls of the lost; mortal and god alike who had forgotten how to swim. The Fool smiled and his grin extended past the serpents face all the way down it's length until there were two separate golden dragons looking down upon reality. Change was afoot.

Change is Suffering, the Nobility of Fools

Isanloff felt a very peculiar sensation. It was as if the robes that best served his form had been filled. And yet such could not be true for suffering remained as ever upon the world. With a shudder of wings the cloud of butterflies crammed themselves out of the god. Taking perch upon each others wings as they molded into one form in front of him. Finally a raven kin with the head of a fox stood before him. With a deep theatrical bow followed by a wink; the Fool Faydin greeted the only being in creation older than himself.

"Greetings oh great and wise Isanloff, Imperator of Inanition, dearest brother. How fares the suffering of the world?"

As he spoke Faydin stared directly into the mirror, not wavering in the slightest. Of course in his own mind the mirror had been replaced with the face of an old accountant. Twas one who had gotten lost when Hallorn first stepped into the Labyrinth. But such details were not shared with others without a meta perspective.

Breaking the Chains of Form, Freedom of the Mind is Madness

When Halasht returns to check on his army of ghosts he comes across a curious sight. It seems the horde with Ultswyn at the head is locked in furious combat with an old pupil. Of course the Pupil was currently two dozen many armed half giants, but they all had the same face which counted for something. A twenty fifth copy of Arranan's current form appeared before Halasht smiling amiably, and twisting an octet of blades in a friendly way that sort of vaguely suggested an interest in sparring.

"It is good to see you dearest brother, or should I call you master seeing as it was your chosen one who taught me how to fight?"

Arranan glanced down at his eight arms and shrugged. "Well, I've altered the technique a little since then."

Legions March to the Drums of Fools, Storms are Dangerous Enough Without Minds

The Rings of Geasa are used to many strange sights. Clockwork butterflies with six wings was a new one. The little things were everywhere. They perched atop every surface, fanning their iridescent periwinkle wings gently to and fro. When touched they would jump and buzz away, but in the end they were harmless. However their chittering quickly reached irritating levels once Merolle had been located. Every little butterfly hummed his own tune, and the reverberations which seemed only cacophonous arrived here to match with each other perfectly.

"Hello dearest brother. Dien apologizes for any inconveniences our awakening may have caused for your plans on earth. Dien hopes there is no bad blood between us." Hummed the swarm.

A collection of the creatures nearest to the Verdigris Legion had collected themselves, and snapped like puzzle pieces into a form quite similar to an Inevitable, if said Inevitable's inner workings were broken beyond repair. The Fool hadn't really been paying that much attention when he came across the schematics.

The Dead are Never Lost, the Lost are Always Dead

A beautiful young woman older than death itself sat pun an invisible ledge. Her laughter smelled like fairy tales. And her periwinkle dress twinkled with half forgotten stars.

"Greetings oh Starlit Reaper, dearest of brothers. Do you know me as I am?" Lystelle asked.

Deer Feasts on Wolf Flesh, Natural Order is Built on Illusion

A serpent stretches itself to a more reasonable size and sits itself down at a table that wasn't there before in a place it hasn't been in front of the god it had been expecting. Pouring itself some tea with one tail while it adjusted its monocle with a face tendril; the golden furred beast smiled politely.

"You were late for tea time so I decided to bring the party to you dear nephew. Don't worry I forgive you, you'll only just be receiving the invitation in precisely four seconds..." At Kiloasa's side a spirit fox had appeared, and dropped the note gently onto the Arch Druid's lap. "Sorry about that. I'm not used to thinking straight in time. And it's my own concept too. Linearity that is. You'd think I'd have a firmer grasp on it."

Hell is Sanity, to be Made to Suffer is Better than to be Ignored

A vulture circled up above the lord of Hell. Make that six Vultures. No wait, Five, and one picked clean vulture skeleton at Alyveran's feet. The vultures had decided they were hungry.

"Do you intend to die soon deathspawn? Or later, we don't care. We're patient you see."

Howl Back Moon, War is the Height of Folly

A fox appeared before the wolf with mischief in his eyes. "I am pleased to make your acquaintance nephew. It is unfortunate that this is our first meeting, but then were I not to have been dead, and you not to have slept perhaps it would have been sooner."

Constant Vigilance in the face of Insomnia, Shadow Gossip

Ombra's shadow had decided to speak to him. "I have a question my lord. Why is it I always have to do what you do? It seems unfair. Perhaps I should take the reigns every once and a while."

Waters of Chaos, In Depths of Madness

A Giant Squid seemed to materialize out of ink, which had in turn seemed to materialize out of water. Each tentacle had a snake's head attached to the end, and where the creatures mouth should be, a Kalpan skull sat chattering.

"Greetings Aqaeris. You know I'm really not sure what to discuss with you. Chattered the skull. "But it seemed rather rude to leave you out of my grand introduction, so here I am. No need to thank me, I'm just considerate like that."

Bravery is the Most Noble Form of Foolishness

Gwyn felt a familiar twisting around her, it was as if for a moment she had returned into the Labyrinth. However the sensation was different this time. For instead of being dragged there the Labyrinth had brought something to her. In front of her Arranan stood as he had a child of eight, back when he had been known only as Arran by his friends. The only change to his appearance was this child had six butterfly wings sprouting from his back.

"Hello Gwyn, most noble of the gods, and dearest niece." The child paused for a moment in deep consideration. "Or is it mom now? Either way I'm glad to see you're awake.

What Greater Fools than Those in Love

A man appeared before Kipt as Faydin had in life just before departing.

"Hail god of harmony. You may call me Faydin, second aspect of the second god. I have come here to apologize." And at this the man looked truly sad. "For I am afraid harmony will be lacking now that I have rejoined this mortal coil."

The Bloodied Secret of Origin

In a burst of light a figure appeared before Lilli. That figure was Lilli. The second Lilli considered the first Lilli closely before smiling in triumph. "I was wondering where my shadow had gone"

Lost Among the Dunes, Down Flow the Sands of Time

A face appeared in the sand in the presence of Tresingiis. It was an odd face. Every time it made a new expression it fell back into sand and rose up again with the desired emotion

"Oh great and mighty lord of the desert, he whose winds carry the burning sands, ruler of the dry waste; I have travelled from the beginning of time to arrive at this place. And to you I depart this message: Hi, I'm the Fool, well an aspect but no one has bothered to name me, not that I mind, how are you?"

All Who Travel are Mine to Protect, A Fool Will Always Trust the Wanderer

The Fool had felt the change in the ancient high roads, and the Fool was proud. The illusions and chaos he had wrought to protect the wanderers had become so much more than he had ever dreamed. As he appeared before his son he did it in the form of Yohalles' new creatures. And the warmth of his smile was enough to melt glaciers.

"It is good to meet you, my son."

Ages Past, the Frozen Lands

Imil smiled weakly. "Out of the kindness and compassion of your heart?" He suggested as earnestly as he could manage.
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-07-08 at 05:29 AM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46

GnomeWizardGuy

The Mistlands

Yohalles's eyes go wide and he opens up his arms, immediately trying to hug Reisen. Father! I knew I would see you soon.....I knew as soon as I met sister.......the one who smells of death and secrets.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

17. - Top - End - #47

Sea of the South
    Aquaeris wandered through the seabed, seeing the blasphemous art of his second race. He saw... different beauty there. The beauty of madness and killing and burning, of causing change in a negative way.
    He saw the horrible monster, saw it speak to him.
    His insane shard hissed and roared to a burning life, splitting apart from him again and forming into a dark form, shining with the fires of burning villages in its new eyes.
    "Hello. Who art thee? Nice form, by the way."

Monte Mora
    In the fray, a figure, blurring slightly, ran straight into the midst of it. It could be called half-Kalpan, or half-Woden. It had the darker skin of a Klikit-born Kalpan, and the lightning bolt symbol of the Klikit themselves. It wielded a finely crafted Kalpan art-axe.
    "Stop fighting!"

Sea of the West
    A dire shape slithered into Freeport. It saw a group of slightly drunk humans and Ravenkin walking down the dingy streets, saw them talking and praising a Belsheroth.
    It wanted praise, and hungered.
    Tentacles of madness snatched them from the boardwalk, and pulled them into hypnotic madness.
    Several days later, a cult had formed, the mad visitors to the undersea darkness being priests. In unholy rites they praised the God of Madness, came from the sea.
    Many visitors to Freeport were hypnotized into the cult, and they spread it in dingy back alleys of dark streets unseen.
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-07-08 at 08:46 AM.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

18. - Top - End - #48

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    The Bloodied Secret of Origin

In a burst of light a figure appeared before Lilli. That figure was Lilli. The second Lilli considered the first Lilli closely before smiling in triumph. "I was wondering where my shadow had gone"
    The Two who are the Same but Different

"The shadow had been playing." The first Lilli grinned beneath her hood, and spread her hands apart. "I bid you greetings."

Free Port-Gregory of House Raptor

At first the notes are ignored by the mercenaries, but they started to doubt, started to wonder.

Sasha, does not live in the city proper. She is a human woman, born and raised in Free Port. Strangely (or perhaps not) preferring a small cottage in the woods far away from the dangers of Free Port. According to all reports she is a capable fencer, but if rumors are to be believed, she is not under Karma's protection.
    Free Port Fell Knives

With time, the notes to the mercenaries slowed, until they stopped. Parvis watched the situation, prepared to jump in. Then, with a sudden, he prepared for a meeting between some of the mercenary leaders, not all of them, but those who seem most cautious and unhappy with their leaders.

Prior to this meeting, he sends a single note to Gregory. Written on a scroll, sealed with wax, but no insignia. The scroll has but a single word written on it.

"Die"

Monte Mora Docklands

The assassin trapped by hippogriff and horde, draws a knive and begins not to cut his way free from the crushing animal, but into the rider. People watching him will note a strange glint in his eye, and a beginnings of froth in his mouth.

At another part of the grand melee, a man wielding a cruel and vicious knife, began to cut his way through the crowd, before being blocked by the beast master and his whip. The beast master struck a blow at the ground and the knife wielder moved to the side, slicing into a man as he went. As the beast master let his whip ring out, the knife wielder took out another dagger, parried the whip and buried the dagger in the ground, taking the whip with it. Though the beast master could easily recover, the knife wielder danced away, aiming to jump over to the boat owned by Brist.

An assassin, from the boat incident, struck at one of the Kalpan guards with her hatchet, attempting to sunder the shields, while tumbling to the ground. His friend, manages to regain is balance, and begins to slice at sailors, at wounds that seem fairly lethal, but it turns out later on that they are easily healable and not serious at all.

With the announcement from the man wishing and end to the conflict, some of the assassins pause, but the frenzying man under the Hippogrif does not stop, and the pause lasts only a few moments, and the assassin's actions are delayed somewhat.

A man in sailor's garb, wielding what looks like a boarding axe, begins to make his way towards the target pair, Akric and Brist! Meanwhile Litan himself takes note of the aerial observer, and ducks away from the conflict to come around the side, dodging through backstreets around the conflict. Pausing only to take a shot of strong whisky, he brings himself onto the dockside with aim to approach Akric and Brist from behind. With a smooth motion he rushes up, parrying a blow from a knife on his own short sword, before leaping and blocking the sailor's boarding axe before it can reach Akric and Brist.

Litan looks to Brist and Akric, his mask concealing a massive grin. He spoke, his voice turned harsher by the shot of whisky. With little discomfort, he rasped, "Lucky, managed to get here before they forced you onto their trap."

Spoiler
    Show
    AP:8
    Rollover: +4
    AP:12
    Last edited by Exachix; 2012-07-08 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Reponse to post above
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

BlueWizardGirl

The Red Desert: The shifting sands
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure what you where imagining. Tresingiis looks like a giant hawk.

Tresingiis greets The Fool as a guest. "Actually, in the wake of the Former Lokab Empire, I'm quite busy. Welcome to the desert, you don't seem like a fool, why are you called that?"

The Former Lokab Empire

Goblin refugees were lined up for nearly a mile to try and get some of the food that the Cretaumfolk had brought. Hundreds of thousands of starving men, women and children waiting impatiently for their best chance at survival. Glick had been in line for almost twelve hours when she made it to the front.

"Thank you, thank you thank you!" she said to the strange Cretaumfolk who had arrived from seemingly nowhere. "You have saved me, saved us all. We are in your debt." She took her ration of food and water and left the line.

Glick ran among the destroyed, crumbling buildings to her safe spot. It was a hole in a wall, literally. But it was cool and dark and no one else knew about it. That's what she thought, until she got there.

"Hey li'l miss. Gimme your food." A big, ugly goblin with one eye said. The burned scar of a geas mark was apparent on his forehead.

"Please, it's mine. You can't take it, I'll starve." She begged.

"Ha! Some goblin you are!" The geas-freed goblin replied. he pushed her to the ground and took the food. Glick jumped up straight away and bit the bigger goblin on the shoulder.

"I'LL KILL YOU!" He screamed. The big goblin threw Glick against the wall and pinned her there with one arm. His other hand held a knife at her throat. Glick swallowed hard.

Spoiler
    Show
    This might be a good time to have a Cretaumfolk Guard come along to save the day
    "Not today." A Cretaumfolk with dark green scales demanded as he walks up to the one eye'd goblin and pushes the criminal away with the length of his spear, standing taller than him by many feet. "Who are you that you would take food from others, and kill them before asking for food from those just giving it away?" And he jams his spear forward, aiming for the goblin's remaining eye.

Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: AP: +4
    new AP: 8 + 1 PAP
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2012-07-08 at 08:53 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

20. - Top - End - #50

What May Be Perceived as the PresentWhat Greater Fools than Those in Love

A man appeared before Kipt as Faydin had in life just before departing.

"Hail god of harmony. You may call me Faydin, second aspect of the second god. I have come here to apologize." And at this the man looked truly sad. "For I am afraid harmony will be lacking now that I have rejoined this mortal coil."
    "Hello, Faydin." Kipt responded suspiciously. "Forgive me, but I do not understand what you are talking about. What do you mean by harmony will be lacking? Apologizing for what?" He kept his good-natured spirit about him, but Faydin's words made Kipt visibly anxious.

Monte Mora
    Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free to kill my people off if called for, it would add something to the story.

The diplomat's cry was not totally without lasting effect. Soon after he had put himself in the action, much of the chaos that had broken out from random sailors on the dock subsided. Those men were sailors, not warriors to begin with. Additionally, as did the assassins, the much of the guard took pause for a moment as well, creating an otherwise hilarious stop and go effect.

"thanks." Akric grunts at Litan. He then fully engages the man with the knife, expecting Litan to do the same for the Sailor, Brist cowering between them. Akric swings his greatsword at his enemy, slashing at whatever he hits, then turning over smoothly for the next slash.

On his return to the scene, the mounted Elthien flies just over the knife-wielding assassin, preparing to jump onto the boat, and hurls a spear at his chest.
    Meanwhile, the two Kalpans land their maneuver. The one wielding a mace had his shield sundered in the process, and he staggers for a moment before he starts swinging wildly. His first strike misses. Slow yet powerful, it splinters a small hole in the wooden dock. Again he raises his mace over his head to strike down at the assassin that was downed, but faces knives to his open stomach. Caught off balance by the bloody, yet hardly threatening wounds, he falls back into the water behind him. The other, now flanked by two assassins, is fighting very defensively. He hides behind his shield circling so that they don't stab his back, and jabs air with his sword to keep them away, waiting for the right time to strike.
    Now without anyone nearby to fight, the one fighting bare-clawed moves toward the combat, pausing next to the diplomat. "We are the city guard, what is your purpose here?" he demanded, still seeming threatening as fighting continued around him.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-07-08 at 02:47 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

"All of these things are doable on my part. But what sort of power would I be granted? Magical power for me is explainable through the Drownsword, but there are very few knights that have any magical power."
    "It will be a gift, from the Sacrosanct Directors, after their long slumber Lord Isanloff, Balsheroth, and Gwyn all wish to see the long years of suffering end, and you will be given a divine gift, and a divine mandate to carry it out. The power you receive is the will of the gods acting through you to achieve noble goals, that only mortals can achieve for themselves."
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

22. - Top - End - #52

Geasa

"My name is Gwyn, a pleasure to meet you Brightfire." She leaned against the wall, watching her uncle.

"If I may ask, what sort of creature are you Brightfire?"

That was not the answer she was expecting. She started laughing, it felt good to laugh after so long.

"All right, I'll need all the help I can get."

With that she began to ride West, aiming to miss the Lokab Empire entirely, not knowing that the knights were already reclaiming much of the abandoned lands.

"Thanks," Sandra whispered as she followed. Saul frowned but followed, while Master Hans seemed particularly unconcerned with what they were doing.

"Take care."

When Kuruk left the building Willy was there waiting outside.

"Big Momma says you're free to go. If you set up a shop here she gets 10% of your profits. Trade by ship is up to the dock masters though."

Free Port-The Fell Knives

A scarred old human and a younger Ravenkin awaited Parvis in a tavern. They were called Marik and Jorias respectively. The human was missing a right ear and was a native of Free Port. Whereas Jorias was the bastard half brother of Gregory.

Gregory's reaction to the note could not be reported, presumably he received many death threats and so was unconcerned with this one.

The Wildling and the Knights

One of the knights pulled up short at the sight of Nettal, "Hail! Are you a Wildling? If so, we seek the one called Nettal! We of the Order of the Spear would seek his assistance."

Spoiler
    Show
    If you don't mind Gwyn won't be directly involved, the knights are looking for Wildling assistance.

The spear will have the head made from one of the shards that fell off during Gwyn's fight with Vargull.

Gwyn and The Fool

"Uncle?!" For one of the very few times in her life, Gwyn was genuinely suprised. She rushed over to the boy and embraced him. Great, she was becoming like her father was with her.

"I thought you were dead."

Then something else he had said clicked in Gwyn's mind, she pulled back utterly confused, "Wait, 'mom'?"

The Imposter and The Daemon

'Eric' smiled, "That will be an easy sell. All right, as far as I'm concerned, your contract is acceptable."

There was a knock at the door.

"Ah, it seems his royal highness has arrived. It shouldn't take me long to convince him of the merits of continuing the 3rd Crusade."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-08 at 02:25 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Constant Vigilance in the face of Insomnia, Shadow Gossip

Ombra's shadow had decided to speak to him. "I have a question my lord. Why is it I always have to do what you do? It seems unfair. Perhaps I should take the reigns every once and a while."
    To answer your question, it's because you're a thing, not a person. A natural phenomenon that occurs because I have a solid form. Even if you had the intelligence to move me in place of me moving you, it would be physically impossible. ...Well, I could, of course, make you move independently.

But, see, I don't have a shadow. That would be dumb. He continued cheerily, a bright grin on his face as he turned to look at the shadow. So who're you?

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Monte Mora
    Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free to kill my people off if called for, it would add something to the story.

The diplomat's cry was not totally without lasting effect. Soon after he had put himself in the action, much of the chaos that had broken out from random sailors on the dock subsided. Those men were sailors, not warriors to begin with. Additionally, as did the assassins, the much of the guard took pause for a moment as well, creating an otherwise hilarious stop and go effect.

"thanks." Akric grunts at Litan. He then fully engages the man with the knife, expecting Litan to do the same for the Sailor, Brist cowering between them. Akric swings his greatsword at his enemy, slashing at whatever he hits, then turning over smoothly for the next slash.

On his return to the scene, the mounted Elthien flies just over the knife-wielding assassin, preparing to jump onto the boat, and hurls a spear at his chest.
    Meanwhile, the two Kalpans land their maneuver. The one wielding a mace had his shield sundered in the process, and he staggers for a moment before he starts swinging wildly. His first strike misses. Slow yet powerful, it splinters a small hole in the wooden dock. Again he raises his mace over his head to strike down at the assassin that was downed, but faces knives to his open stomach. Caught off balance by the bloody, yet hardly threatening wounds, he falls back into the water behind him. The other, now flanked by two assassins, is fighting very defensively. He hides behind his shield circling so that they don't stab his back, and jabs air with his sword to keep them away, waiting for the right time to strike.
    Now without anyone nearby to fight, the one fighting bare-clawed moves toward the combat, pausing next to the diplomat. "We are the city guard, what is your purpose here?" he demanded, still seeming threatening as fighting continued around him.
    "I wish for peaceful resolution of this problem, for I know it's a problem, if possible. Life is short, and death is forever. Besides, it's so tiring to bring them back to 'life' again."
    The graceful claw swept back a short black cowl with glowing green symbols on it to reveal a slightly green-tinged but otherwise beautiful face. She raised a glowing baton of pure-white wood. "Do I need to stop this?"
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

What May Be Perceived as the Present

The Dead are Never Lost, the Lost are Always Dead

A beautiful young woman older than death itself sat pun an invisible ledge. Her laughter smelled like fairy tales. And her periwinkle dress twinkled with half forgotten stars.

"Greetings oh Starlit Reaper, dearest of brothers. Do you know me as I am?" Lystelle asked.
    Reisen... Come to torment me as I lay dying?
    No... You are here for something else...
    Did you enjoy being "dead"?

Geasa

"My name is Gwyn, a pleasure to meet you Brightfire." She leaned against the wall, watching her uncle.

"If I may ask, what sort of creature are you Brightfire?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Brightfire doesn't know what she is, at least, not in human terms.
    Also, she can't understand the word Gwyn because it's not a descriptive name, so it doesn't register.

Umm... I Don't know what you said... I shall call you Shiningspear.
    What sort am I? I am hunter-that-preys-on-lesser-creatures-and-absorbs-food-from-them.

That was not the answer she was expecting. She started laughing, it felt good to laugh after so long.

"All right, I'll need all the help I can get."

With that she began to ride West, aiming to miss the Lokab Empire entirely, not knowing that the knights were already reclaiming much of the abandoned lands.
    So... Sophia, why are we going to Freeport? What is this tragedy you speak of?

The Imposter and The Daemon

'Eric' smiled, "That will be an easy sell. All right, as far as I'm concerned, your contract is acceptable."

There was a knock at the door.

"Ah, it seems his royal highness has arrived. It shouldn't take me long to convince him of the merits of continuing the 3rd Crusade."
    King Stephen continued to wait for the Captain, so passed the time deciding what art treasures he would steal and take back with him.
    With the Knights' permission of course...
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-07-08 at 06:49 PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

26. - Top - End - #56

Gwyn and the Star

Gwyn shrugged, "That name will do as well as any. I suppose I'll rephrase the question, where did you come from?"

Sophia, Marren, and Nureel

Sophia shook her head, "What I saw, was a knight flying the banner of the Spear. He conquered every land without pause. There were none capable of opposing him. He stages feint after feint taking all the lands in his path. But his true goal. What he really wants, is Free Port... I'm going there to find out why he'd want it."

King Stephen

The knights voice no protest, in their minds the palace will be better off without all the finery.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

27. - Top - End - #57

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Council Chambers

Amathol pondered.

"From Abadil's calculations, five plants would provide us enough power for the whole kingdom with considerable leeway for further growth. His calculations already include the needs of the territories recently recovered by the knights."

"As for timetables for the payment, he has a centennial plan to offer. The Guild trusts us to honor our debts and as you know, the prefer a long term, steady income of praise than short, suddenbursts."

--------

Frozen Lands

Spiritual being, the hydra hissed a laugh at the envoy, when the sword came, it struck a wall of energy surrounding the creature, the impact point flaring with a tarnished brass hue before the force became invisible once again.

Imil's glass sphere, in turn, landed squarely against the adamantine hide of the titanic beast's face, shattering fruitlessly against the metallic surface, but still enough to bring the head's attention down onto the man. Said head lowers itself to be on Imil's eye level.

"Я пам'ятаю, що ви друїди можуть зрозуміти будь-яку мову."

Spoiler
    Show
    I recall that you druids can understand any tongue.

The nostrils of the beast release a warm plume, an acrid plume smelling of acrid, ionized storm winds.

"Назви мені хоч одну причину не поглине вас цілком за нахабство, смертний річ."

Spoiler
    Show
    Give me one reason not to swallow you whole for your insolence, mortal thing.
    The envoy frowned, consternation at this sudden ineffectiveness evident on his face. It was time for a new tactic- the ghost reached out, trying to see if he could at least grasp it. And if he could do that, he could scale the beast.

However, he took notice of the druid, eyes squinting. Huh, that looked like that one guy's kid....

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Gwyn and the Star

Gwyn shrugged, "That name will do as well as any. I suppose I'll rephrase the question, where did you come from?"
    Ummm... Away from here. A long way from here. I fell for a long time and into the place of non-living-living-dead things.I was up among the points,
    Brightfire gestured with an appendage to the distant stars.
    That is where my kin are. Where we hunted the lesser creatures that ate the light and consumed them. Where we played and fought.
    I was happy and didn't starve...

Spoiler
    Show
    To translate: non-living-living-dead things are the souls in the Forests. Brightfire finds it hard to believe that they are somehow living and dead because the soul of a Wandering Star perishes when it does.

Sophia, Marren, and Nureel

Sophia shook her head, "What I saw, was a knight flying the banner of the Spear. He conquered every land without pause. There were none capable of opposing him. He stages feint after feint taking all the lands in his path. But his true goal. What he really wants, is Free Port... I'm going there to find out why he'd want it."
    A Knight? Conquering? I'd be more inclined to believe Goblins turning down dessert.
    And Free Port? Who'd want Free Port?
    Nureen and Marren just shrug and continue riding, though they feel they've left out an important detail...

King Stephen

The knights voice no protest, in their minds the palace will be better off without all the finery.
    Thus begins the wholesale theft of many of the riches of the palace.
    The King's servants begin cataloguing artworks and fine furnishings and packing as many as they can into the empty carriages prepared for such an eventuality.
    However, the King was not foolish enough to let this get out of hand, and only stole from the Palace. In the words of his Great Grandmother:
    "A wise thief only takes what can be taken without complaint".

Dragons!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Deer Feasts on Wolf Flesh, Natural Order is Built on Illusion

A serpent stretches itself to a more reasonable size and sits itself down at a table that wasn't there before in a place it hasn't been in front of the god it had been expecting. Pouring itself some tea with one tail while it adjusted its monocle with a face tendril; the golden furred beast smiled politely.

"You were late for tea time so I decided to bring the party to you dear nephew. Don't worry I forgive you, you'll only just be receiving the invitation in precisely four seconds..." At Kiloasa's side a spirit fox had appeared, and dropped the note gently onto the Arch Druid's lap. "Sorry about that. I'm not used to thinking straight in time. And it's my own concept too. Linearity that is. You'd think I'd have a firmer grasp on it."
    I do not recall having ever been invited to tea with you, Fool. Nor, in fact, do I think we have ever properly been introduced. However I know you through your children. The bloody minded female and the restless son. So allow me to introduce myself properly. I am Kiloasa, The Hungering. I am the Arch-Druid, the Green Maker, and the Treefather.

It is unfortunate that you missed the party I prepared, it would have been the perfect opportunity to reveal yourself.
    The Fool Reisen was dangerous, Kiloasa's Wildlings had informed him of that much. Chaos was not inherently evil, but that did not prevent it from being destructive. Nature required a balance of things.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdelf View Post
    The Former Lokab Empire

"Not today." A Cretaumfolk with dark green scales demanded as he walks up to the one eye'd goblin and pushes the criminal away with the length of his spear, standing taller than him by many feet. "Who are you that you would take food from others, and kill them before asking for food from those just giving it away?" And he jams his spear forward, aiming for the goblin's remaining eye.

Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: AP: +4
    new AP: 8 + 1 PAP
    "I'm the one strong enough to take it!" The one-eyed goblin replied as he ducked the spear. He slashed at the thick shaft with his knife, but only succeeded in knocking it aside.

"Thanks," Sandra whispered as she followed. Saul frowned but followed, while Master Hans seemed particularly unconcerned with what they were doing.

"Take care."

When Kuruk left the building Willy was there waiting outside.

"Big Momma says you're free to go. If you set up a shop here she gets 10% of your profits. Trade by ship is up to the dock masters though."
    "Well, tell Big Momma to expect a merchant's ship from my homeland before the end of the trading season." Kuruk replied. He fished out a few gold coins and handed them to the boy. "For your trouble."

Kuruk turned to the knights and said, "We'll depart for Monte Mora in three days time. Make sure all the buckets are clean before we leave though. I'll probably be making good use of them..."

The Wildling and the Knights

One of the knights pulled up short at the sight of Nettal, "Hail! Are you a Wildling? If so, we seek the one called Nettal! We of the Order of the Spear would seek his assistance."

Spoiler
    Show
    If you don't mind Gwyn won't be directly involved, the knights are looking for Wildling assistance.

The spear will have the head made from one of the shards that fell off during Gwyn's fight with Vargull.

"Then fortune smiles upon you Knight. I am Nettal, leader of the Wildlings. What does the Order of the Spear require my assistance for?" Nettal smiled his widest smile and filled it with the energy of his new infusion and all of his druidic charms. New friends were always welcome.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 6 PAP: 0
    Gain Domain: Destruction (Wrath) 3 AP
    Create Relic- 4 AP
    Infuse Relic- 2 AP
    Curse- 1 AP Trial of Belsheroth

Final AP: 3 PAP: 0

@Elemental: You're not going to tell me that Anzhela is seriously never going to find a soul that doesn't want to return to Creation are you?
    Also, I want to get the Madame Woodsworth story moving forward. It's a bad idea to leave crazy people alone for too long.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    @Elemental: You're not going to tell me that Anzhela is seriously never going to find a soul that doesn't want to return to Creation are you?
    Also, I want to get the Madame Woodsworth story moving forward. It's a bad idea to leave crazy people alone for too long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    She hasn't finished yet. And those were the first three interviews.
    And reincarnation isn't an option, so she's not asking them about it, merely whether they would have lingered as a spirit.
    I'm sure she'd have lots of people signing up when she finally gets around to Hell. A lot of people have died after all.

Anzhela continues her interviews in the Forests

She had given up on the scroll when it had gotten too long, so instead had a large metal bound book at her disposal. Easily thousands of pages.
    Now she was interviewing a young child.
    You died from Pox, isn't that correct little one?
    "Yes Miss."
    If you had the choice to linger on in spirit, would you have?
    "What do you mean?"
    Linger on, as a mere shadow of yourself without being able to touch anything. Merely to see and hear and to speak.
    "Maybe... I don't know... Yes? I miss my mum and kitty. Nanna is looking after me, but it's not the same."
    The child didn't cry, as the time for that was over. But still, the sadness of the child pulled at Anzhela's heart and she stayed with him for a while and comforted him.
    A few hours later
    Damn her compassion... Now she was behind schedule... Oh well...
    She smiled at her personal joke.

Dragons!