New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Forest of Starlight

Gwyn chuckles, though it's clear any innuendo present is lost on her, "I did promise to visit the Shadowlands didn't I? Very well, lead on."

Snow Haven-The Keep proper

The knights pour into the room and find nothing. "Son of a- where could they have gone?"

The Sub-Lieutenant walks into the room, "Interesting."

He walks straight to the stone wall hiding the entrance and places his hand on it, "I do believe the good Saint has been keeping secrets from us."

Snow Haven-The Catacombs

"That'd be our CO, he trained as an Astromancer years ago. But don't worry, they still-"

BOOM

"Have to get through the secret entrance?"

"Run!"

He breaks into a full sprint, closely followed by Sophia, barely taking notice of his surronding he nearly collides with a few skeletons along the way.

"Shadow! Can you put up another wall to slow them down??"

The clanging of mailed feet sound at the entrance of the catacombs. One set in particular is beginning to gain rapidly.

The Hidden Isle

Jericho's face turns red, "Do not speak unless directly addressed by the Honored Scepter!"

"It's all right Captain." Charles leans forward a little. "You are most welcome to our hospitality child. But shipwrecked? I was not told of this."

He looks at Jericho who shifts uncomfortably under his gaze.

Charles' eyes drift back to Jewel, "Do you need to rest before we continue? I would be more then happy to ask one of the priests of Belsheroth to care for you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Info on the Church of Belsheroth in the Hidden Isle, they fell out of favor with the general populace after the trial of Belsheroth (remember their two chief deities were/are Gwyn and Kiolasa). The Order of the Scepter kept violence against the church to a minimum, but there were still incidents. The church is making strides repairing their reputation and the common people at least don't spit on priests when they walk the streets, or if they do it is considered very rude. The Church never fell out of favor with the knights or the Scepter, himself a devotee of Belsheroth.

But yeah, just in case you want to introduce another cleric now or in the future Elemental.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Forest of Starlight

Gwyn chuckles, though it's clear any innuendo present is lost on her, "I did promise to visit the Shadowlands didn't I? Very well, lead on."
    Ombra smiled and led the way out of the Forest, through a portal similar to the one from the dreaming. Through it, Gwyn would find herself in a plane of infinite darkness, stretching on into eternity. She would be able to sense that this was only an illusion - the plane most definitely ended at some point, but was designed to appear as if the shadows continued.

All around the two gods sparkled trees of colored crystal - their bright glow was the only light in all the plane, and it was contained within the crystals themselves. Bright yellows, greens and purples abounded all throughout the plane.

Snow Haven-The Catacombs

"That'd be our CO, he trained as an Astromancer years ago. But don't worry, they still-"

BOOM

"Have to get through the secret entrance?"

"Run!"

He breaks into a full sprint, closely followed by Sophia, barely taking notice of his surronding he nearly collides with a few skeletons along the way.

"Shadow! Can you put up another wall to slow them down??"

The clanging of mailed feet sound at the entrance of the catacombs. One set in particular is beginning to gain rapidly.
    I can do ya one better. He replied, turning in place and slamming a pair of claws against the walls to either side. He grinned, white teeth gleaming on his face, lopsided and just a leeeeeeetle crazy.

The ice spread and formed a six-inch thick wall, but he didn't remove his claws when they did. Instead, he kept forming ice, this time on the ground, so that when the knights ran down into the catacombs, they began to slip and fall.

Unfortunately, they did so onto each other, only impeding their progress further.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ettin in the Playground

The Fertile Valley

Zerachiel bowed to show that he had no wish for conflict and left his swords sheathed.
    "I am Zerachiel of the Belsherai. No doubt, you have heard of my kind?"

The Forests of Starlight

Belsheroth watched as Ombra and Gwyn departed. Absent-mindedly, he took another sip from the glass in his hand, this time, almost choking. Fortunately, he did not need to breathe.
    "Dilution is definitely required!"
    He looked up at Kipt and Adelaide.
    "We may as well continue our discussion now, Lady Adelaide. Young Kipt, you and your followers may benefit from the knowledge of Divine Magic also. Perhaps you should listen in.
    "May I offer you both refreshments of some sort?"

In hindsight, he probably shouldn't refer to Kipt as young, but old habits die hard.

The Hidden Isle

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm... Interesting. The Church on the Hidden Isle represents a part of the Church of Belsheroth separated from the rest for millennia and would likely be considered a separate organisation...
    Anyway, despite my interest in historical matters, sure, I can play another cleric when the time comes.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

4. - Top - End - #724

The Shadowlands

Gwyn studies the crystal trees and puts her hand on one of them, "They're beautiful, are they alive?"

Snow Haven

The knights behind him all slipped and fell "useless" he hissed. The Sub-lieutenant showed a preternatural speed as he skated and hopped through the Ice. He saw the wall and he frowned.

As he approached the Doctor's wall of Ice he leapt into the air and aimed a hand at the wall,

KRAKOOM

A blast of lightning as unto on thunder storm erupted from his hand and struck the wall at point blank range. The sonic pressure alone would be enough to kill a normal man. But then, the Sub-Lieutenant was no normal man, he was a recent convert to the Vampire covenant.

Though the screams of his knights most likely many of them had just been struck deaf.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-08-20 at 11:00 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

5. - Top - End - #725
    Titan in the Playground

The Shadowlands

Gwyn studies the crystal trees and puts her hand on one of them, "They're beautiful, are they alive?"
    The crystal was cool and smooth to the touch, though there was also a warmth, as if a fire burned beyond the cool crystal within the tree itself. That was probably accurate, given the light.

No. He replied, watching her. Or... yes? It's a bit of a gray area.

The tower has a rudimentary intellect, He pointed out the obsidian construct in the center of the plane, And it can extend it's will out here, to manage the growth of the trees. The trees themselves are inorganic, and they grow, but they do so through the tower's strength and will, not their own power.

And then the question becomes whether or not the tower is really 'alive'... it can rearrange itself to provide accommodations based on the visitor's taste and has enough mental ability to 'recall' what a visitor had last, but it's only reacting to what it perceives and- I'm sorry, I'm rambling. Would you like to see the tower?

Spoiler
    Show
    The tower has the intelligence of a computer

Snow Haven

The knights behind him all slipped and fell "useless" he hissed. The Sub-lieutenant showed a preternatural speed as he skated and hopped through the Ice. He saw the wall and he frowned.

As he approached the Doctor's wall of Ice he leapt into the air and aimed a hand at the wall,

KRAKOOM

A blast of lightning as unto on thunder storm erupted from his hand and struck the wall at point blank range.
    As the Sub-lieutenant broke through the wall, he suddenly was wrapped in shadow. Something in there had thrown itself at him like a cloth and now had tightened it's grip like a noose. The shadow covered his face quickly, pressing on his windpipe with it's liquid form, trying to force him unconscious.

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #726

BlueWizardGirl

Drestin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, probably a safe call. Mission accomplished with Drestin for now.

The Hidden Isle

Jib looked around, when the Scepter asked Jewel if she needed rest, Jib remembered her worry. Do we really need a whole night to dwell on telling the king about the Silver Fire? Jewel shouldn't have to worry about it for so long. He answered the Scepter for her, in what he was worried was a too prudent interruption. "Your grace, Honored Scpeter, It is true that we where shipwrecked, and we are tired, but I think we should proceed despite our wear. " He pauses to examine the Scepter's reaction to his interruption.

Garrug's Cave
    Tylarch stopped for a moment at the call, and says in turn, "It's Tylarch, I'm looking for someone." He spoke loudly, and cupped his hands over his mouth to direct the sound down the hall. He finds solid footing, and ducks his head down to proceed in the cave. He passes under the low ceiling, and slips, he catches himself before he falls down, and continues to advance into the shadows.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

7. - Top - End - #727

The Shadowlands

Gwyn nods, removing her hand from the crystal tree, "Certainly."

Snow Haven

As the Doctor learned after wrapping around him, Vampires do not breath nor do they have a pulse. They still use their lungs to talk, but that wasn't an issue at the moment.

He unlocked the power of Astromancy with his mind and his very body was electrified. Trying to drive the Doctor off of him.

The Hidden Isle

"Can you not-"

"That will be all Jericho."

"But honored scepter-"

"That will be all Jericho."

The Captain frowned, then left observing a strict ritual where ever five paces had been made he turned and bowed. Until he finally made it to the door, he bowed again and exited without any other palintry.

Charles sighed, "I'll be hearing about that later. Now, what can you tell me of the outside world?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

The Shadowlands

Gwyn nods, removing her hand from the crystal tree, "Certainly."
    Almost immediately to their left upon entering the tower was a Spiral staircase that went further up into the tower. There was a sign right before the staircase whose exact wording i forget at the moment, but basically says 'Welcome, the tower will load whatever accomodations you'd like, you can either wait down here for a while or go upstairs until you find it.' In the center of the room at the bottom floor was a pair large red chairs and a warm fire burning. There was a soft red carpet that covered the floor.

You should feel it brushing against your mind right about... now. It'll determine your room's accommodations based on personal preference.

Snow Haven

As the Doctor learned after wrapping around him, Vampires do not breath nor do they have a pulse. They still use their lungs to talk, but that wasn't an issue at the moment.

He unlocked the power of Astromancy with his mind and his very body was electrified. Trying to drive the Doctor off of him.
    Unfortunately for the Doctor, he hadn't known this man was a vampire. Even MORE unforunately, electrical attacks were on of the few forms of harm that shadows COULDN'T defend against. He roared in pain, releasing the vampire reflexively. He formed his arms into hammers. Come at me, bro.

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #729
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Busting At The Seamstress

In response to the mental slideshow, Phenelope strode over to the side of the Hall, and picked up a square of cloth, identical in form to those from which the tapestry was weaved. She also plucked one of her tail-feathers, and began stripping the vane and feeding the strands into the shaft, forming a sewing-needle of sorts.

As she did this, she gazed intently at the two Kalpan, committing their every detail to memory. It took a matter of minutes, but she had embroidered the most beautiful patch, shimmering and iridescent, of her and the Kalpans standing claw-in-wing.

Carefully, she sewed it onto the edge of the tapestry, purposefully misaligning it with the Peafowlkin timeline so far.

"Brothers and sisters of mine, let the tapestry diverge at this point. For we now have friends among the Kaplan, and I would have this be known."

The Forest Of Starlight

Adelaide returned the hug warmly, the feathers in her hat waving almost in relief.

"I am so glad you returned, Father. May you please never scare me like that again!

I require no refreshment, lord Belsheroth, but thankyou kindly for the offer. From which point would you like to resume our discussion?"

10. - Top - End - #730

The Shadowlands

Gwyn looked at one of the chairs, "May I?"

Assuming the answer is yes she sat down. While the tower accessed her personal preferences. Gwyn did not need to sleep, nor did she particularly enjoy the sensation, though she did tend to enjoy the meditative state she had taught to Sophia, first practiced by the Order of the Scepter.

So her room had a stand for her armor and shield, a few practice dummies, and a pad for her to sit and meditate on.

"This place is impressive, but who is it meant for? I mean, why did you build it? You could've always chosen the Parliament of Shadows if you wanted a personal domain."

Snow Haven

The Vampire landed on his hands and knees as the Doctor let go of him. He looked up at the Doctor and snarled, seeing no reason not to accomodate him. He leapt into the air, sword in hand. Aiming for what should be the Doctor's heart.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

11. - Top - End - #731

SwashbucklerGuy

Razorpine Forest
    Eom headed to the meeting as the raven told him with the utmost haste.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

The Shadowlands

Gwyn looked at one of the chairs, "May I?"

Assuming the answer is yes she sat down. While the tower accessed her personal preferences. Gwyn did not need to sleep, nor did she particularly enjoy the sensation, though she did tend to enjoy the meditative state she had taught to Sophia, first practiced by the Order of the Scepter.

So her room had a stand for her armor and shield, a few practice dummies, and a pad for her to sit and meditate on.

"This place is impressive, but who is it meant for? I mean, why did you build it? You could've always chosen the Parliament of Shadows if you wanted a personal domain."
    Ombra sat in the opposite chair. First, I found the parliament... dark and dreary. He gestured out the window, to the trees. If I'm going to spend all of my existence in a place, it should have some degree of aesthetic charm.

Secondly, I needed a place to live in when my power became too great for the mortal realm to contain. At the time, I thought the Parliament was a part of the mortal realm.

Lastly, I was bored out of my mind. He smirked a little beneath his hood. Had to do SOMETHING with myself or I was going to explode. Tea?

Snow Haven

The Vampire landed on his hands and knees as the Doctor let go of him. He looked up at the Doctor and snarled, seeing no reason not to accomodate him. He leapt into the air, sword in hand. Aiming for what should be the Doctor's heart.
    Unfortunately for the so-far unnamed sub-lieutenant, that wasn't how Shadow biology worked. A hole opened in the Doctor's body, allowing the blade to slide straight through the shadow without actually touching him.

After he swung his hammers at the creature, the Doctor opened his maw (though the flat, black color of his form made it almost impossible to see) and blasted out a breath of ice at the Vampire. It wouldn't kill him, but it would probably hurt, and the doctor hoped it would entrap him.

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #733

The Hidden Isle

Jewel felt equally embarrassed when captain Jericho called her out for speaking out of turn. I had been trying so hard to remember some of the rules, I forgot others. She scolded herself, even when the Scepter said he didn't mind.

"The outside world?- honored scepter- Well, honored scepter, Jib and I set sail from a place called Monte Mora, though I am not from there originally," she began.

Razorpine Forest

When Eom came, he found Stamyn sitting atop his giant crocodile with the bird perched on his shoulder. He was feeding his animals some sort of citrus fruit with large seeds. Rivra leaned against the trunk of a tree, slightly in the distance, eating an apple. She watched as Stamyn said, "Hello," with his usual warm courtesy. "I have called you here to discus your new developments in our forest. The trees grow so fast they deplete the nutrients in the soil, and the Lumber Spirits are too much. Our council fears that it may be the end of the great Razorpine Forest."

Starlight Forest

Kipt was happy to see Gwyn and Ombra leave together. He did not yet have a read on Gwyn's possible feelings for Ombra, which was something he hoped to accomplish on their quest together. They are both so cautious about their own emotions. That's what makes them perfect for each other, Kipt thought with a smile. He would have liked to have helped their relationship along, but perhaps it was best that they discover it for themselves.

Kipt did not at all mind Belsheroth referring to him as young. "Me too," he said with audible emotion in response to Adelaide claiming she was glad he had returned. He returned to his seat. "I shall not require any refreshment either, but thanks for the offer. Discussion? Divine magic? I do hope that i'm not intruding on anything."

Garrug's Cave

"Tylarch?" The voice sounds as surprised as a creepy echo can. "You may proceed." The tunnel has many twists and turns. It is completely dark, so Tylarch must feel his way along the damp walls. "Keep left," the voice commands, now sounding closer and less of an echo. There are several situations where the right passage is much wider, and the Ravenkin must find the left. However, there is something about the right passages that do not feel right. He thinks he may be imagining it, but screams of agony can almost always be faintly heard from the right passageways.

At the very bottom, the path evens out and a light can be seen in the distance. The walkway is larger here, and worked stone as opposed to natural. As Tylarch approaches an opening in the tunnel, he can hear what sounds like a quill against paper. The dim light of a single burning candle shows a man at a desk, writing in a book. The room has a small shelf of books, and a stack on the desk. They all bear colored flags, and seem to fit into some odd system of organization. In one corner, there is a bed. The man sitting at the desk looks up, and eyes Tylarch strangely at first. He is a goblin, but has the look of someone who has not seen the sun in years. His face is so gaunt and white it could be bone. "I suppose I should greet you warmly." his voice sounds just as strange and gravely, even without an echo. "There are not many of us left after the fall. I have to admit, I never thought that the likes of you would turn up here."

14. - Top - End - #734
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

The Forest Of Starlight

Inspiration came to Adelaide as her father spoke, filtering into her mind as would sunlight through a canopy of leaves.
    As usual, she plucked something from nothing - this time, a long and sumptuous peacock-feather.

She shaped it with her hands, until she had fashioned it into a large, ornate hand-mirror, with the feather-pattern made of emerald, amethyst and a dozen shades of sapphire, and the front a shining silvered surface topped with the same fascinator she wore.

"Show me the Peafowlkin."

A sea of hues rippled across the silver surface, before coalescing into the scene unfolding in the Hall Of Legends, in The Grand Plume.

"You may be interested to see this, father. The feathered ones are of my own design, connoisseurs of art and perfection in work."

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP : 5 AP
    Craft Relic: The Countess' Looking-Glass: 5 AP - 4 AP = 1 AP.

The Countess' Looking-Glass

This extravagant hand-mirror allows Adelaide to scry on anything she names - or just see how she looks. As yet, it has other purposes unknown to her, or at least that she hasn't considered.
    Last edited by HearTheRequiem; 2012-08-21 at 01:45 PM.

15. - Top - End - #735

The Forest of Starlight

Kipt looked fondly at what his daughter had created. "These Peofowlkin are very brilliant. You make me proud for creating a race so artful. Would you like me to show you my people as well?"

The Fertile Valley

Merk still looked doubtful that Zerachiel meant them no harm. He lowered his bow, but did not put it away. "no," he said, puzzled, "I don't believe that I have... What is your purpose here? Would you like me to bring you before our leader?"

16. - Top - End - #736
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

The Forest Of Starlight

"I would enjoy that very much, father. Just inform the mirror what you wish to be shown."

17. - Top - End - #737

A Stitch In Time

The two Kalpans were... Not glad, or anything they would normally feel.
    They felt fulfilled.

Done! Aquaeris' voice exulted to Phenelope.

The Forests of Starlight

Out of the air rippled a man, wearing simple blue robes decorated with good taste and sense. His clothes were all made of slightly differing shades of blue, and his hair was an odd color that seemed not to be a color at all. His eyes were bright, yet shaded with the sorrows of millennia. The only thing unusual about him was his staff. It was simply carved out of wood, but it had many patterns in it, depicting verdigrised clockwork, huge trees, a flower, a knife, and many more.
    "Greetings, my brother. You look well. And thee, I assume, art my niece? Well met. I wished to visit and meet you, for I have seen thy children, and they are seemly of form and mind. They are a great people, and have joined wing in claw with mine. We, I hope, are destined for happiness and friendship."
    He bowed in a courtly fashion that had died out three millennia ago.
    "I am the Flowing Sheen, Aquaeris."
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

18. - Top - End - #738

Quote Originally Posted by HearTheRequiem View Post
    The Forest Of Starlight

"I would enjoy that very much, father. Just inform the mirror what you wish to be shown."
    Kipt interacted with the mirror to find the Elthiens of the Fertile Valley. He eagerly showed his daughter around, and informed her of what life was like for his creations. "They are a simple, hardworking people who always try to make the best out of life." He informed her of their crops, celebrations, he even mentioned the druids of the Razorpine that he had turned to him. An idea came to Kipt, "Say, I am currently overseeing a pantheon called the Empowered Council that promotes unity within the gods. Would you join us?"

Kipt also saw the Drake raids on both of their people. That discomforted him, but he would not look into it more with people around. He didn't see Milie either, and that worried him as well. Kipt would have to have a talk with Dralcor at some point, he knew that. He wondered how leading a pantheon would play into his unavoidable conflict with the dragon god. How should leading a pantheon play into this? I want to lead by example, and not go to war, but at the same time these are my people he is harming.
    Spoiler
    Show
    haha, you SO ninja'd me. I even checked for new posts a second before I posted lol.

EDIT:"Greetings, brother. As always, it is good to see you again." Kipt is happy that his closest family seem to be getting along so well.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-08-21 at 03:15 PM.

19. - Top - End - #739

Forests of Starlight

"I'm glad. I haven't been around he other gods for a while; anything I missed?"
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

20. - Top - End - #740

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Forests of Starlight

"I'm glad. I haven't been around he other gods for a while; anything I missed?"
    "I do believe we have quite a few new ones." He gestures slightly at Adelaide, but hints that there are much more than her. "Not all of which I have had the pleasure of meeting yet," he says with a grin. Then there are some that I will have no pleasure in meeting, Dralcor. "Myself, I have been away with Ombra and Gwyn, fighting a Dream Lich in The Dreaming. Apparently, it was his fault that Isanloff and Kiloasa are no longer with us. You'll be glad to no that we defeated him. After that, we headed back here because Belsheroth was kind enough to tend to our wounds." He hesitates when he says "wounds," as that words is an understatement for the severity of Kipt's own wounds. "You just missed Ombra and Gwyn; they left for a date in the Shadowlands." He emphasizes the word "date," and shakes his head in a way to tell Aqaeris that it isn't a date in the way he might think of it; that Kipt is just poking fun. "What have you been up to?"

21. - Top - End - #741

Forests of Twilight
    Aquaeris' eyes briefly flickered at the explanation of the Dream Lich. He promised himself he would get that callous murderer, even if he was already dead.
    "I looked into the past of Isanloff and saw something that interested me. Then, I discovered that the souls of my charges were going to waste, so I gave them new forms of glory, so they can serve the cause of healing and beauty even as they die."
    Six incandescent forms shimmered into being around him.
    "These are my Lights."
    "Hello, lord Kipt."
    "We are glad to meet so kind of a god."
    "We are the leaders of our colors; good people who have died the same types of deaths."
    "We care for their families on the earth, and give aid to those in need."
    "Mostly though, we tend the Trees of the Gods, listening to their memories and remembering with them."
    "As of now, only Kalpans, goblins, and Deepspawn can become Lights. We would love to help the Elthiens, Woden, and Peafowlkin, but they know not of us. Would you teach them of Aquaeris, so he may help them?"
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

All A-Flutter

"I will personally see to it that the Weavers chronicle our alliance, and what I have learned of your history. May it serve as inspiration for aeons to come."

The Forest Of Starlight

Instinctively, Adelaide returned the appropriate gesture - a graceful, spinning curtsey that made her skirts flutter.

"Charmed, Uncle Aquaeris. I am Adelaide, The Countess. Would you care for a refreshment?

Father, your Elthiens are wondrous, and I would gladly ally myself with your Empowered Council.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 1 AP

Join Pantheon - The Empowered Council - 1 AP - 1 AP = 0 AP

23. - Top - End - #743

On Wings of Legend (and Claws, Too)
    Aris bowed gratefully to the Peafowlkin, while Aqar smiled benevolently. "May our friendships ever prosper."

Forests of Starlight
    "I would like that very much, thank thee."
    He smiled with melancholy, remembering...
    He had once thought he had loved someone as a father, though it was closer to a loyal bond. His sister had not. Now, he worried slightly for his brother, but, as far as he could see, his niece was charming and refined. Nothing like the righteous fury and madness of Aor. Still, he would keep an eye on her, for good or ill.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Hidden Talon-ts

Phenelope smiled warmly at her two friends.

"There is yet more to see, if you would care to?"

The Forests of Starlight

"What would you care for, dear Uncle?

Tea? Wine? Or perhaps water?"

As she spoke, the three beverages swirled into being in front of Aquaeris - Adelaide's signature blue teacup and saucer, a crystal wine glass, and a simple yet entrancing crystal tumbler.

25. - Top - End - #745

Moving On

"I would like to visit the Font of Inspiration next."
    The Druid's countenance was calm and unmoving, but he nodded his assent.

The Forests of Starlight

"Tea, please."
    The ocean god really had no need to drink, but he enjoyed trying new things, and he was interested. He'd never heard of tea before.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Hopefully, Not Comic Sans

Phenelope led the pair back to the entrance, and this time straight on. They soon came to an atrium, once again with various Peafowlkin dotted around in places, usually near walls.

However, the really eyecatching thing was in the centre. An immense blue statue seemed to emerge from the ground, painstakingly carved into the likeness of the woman from the sculptures and tapestry. From the top of her hat spouted a shimmering, iridescent substance, cascading like a fountain, with the liquid separating into streams based on colour and running down channels to the Peafowlkin, who seem to be painting on thin stone tablets.

"The Font Of Inspiration is none other than our Lady Adelaide, in all her majesty. We carved the stone ourselves, but it fountains of its own accord, and so we know we are truly blessed, for we can make such beautiful paintings with such a gift."

The Forest Of Starlight

Adelaide waved her hand slightly dismissively, and the tumbler and wine glass swirled out of being, to be replaced with a plate matching the cup and saucer, a dessert fork, and a slice of chocolate cheesecake.

"Tea is best enjoyed alongside dessert, Uncle. I hope you find it to your taste."

27. - Top - End - #747

The Shadowlands

"No thank you. She leaned back in her chair, she hadn't felt this relaxed in a long time.

"I don't know if it's right, but I feel... relieved, now that the Dream Lich is gone. All the gods that died at his hands have been avenged. It's like there's a huge weight lifted from my shoulders."

Somewhere in the Bowels of Geasa

"Troublesome." The Head Scale sighed from where he was within his meditation chambers, sending prayers up to a god who had long lost interest in mortal affairs.

"So very troublesome, but now, I wonder? Can one really cleanse a dream? When it so profoundly effected two gods and ah, perhaps one of them was more effected than she lets on."

The Head Scales eyes close once again and faint glimmer of the dreaming floated through a hole in front of him.

Snow Haven

The hammer blow knocked the Vampire against the wall and the following ice breath entombed him under a foot of ice.

The sounds of mailed boots slipping on the Ice greeted the Doctor's signalling, perhaps, unless he wanted to fight the rest of the order, that it was time to go.

The Hidden Isle

"Drop the Honored Scepter, that's an order. I may be a Scepter now, but I'm still a peasant at heart."

He smiled fondly, "Monte Mora, that sounds interesting, what are your people, what is city like, and who is your god?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

28. - Top - End - #748

Nice Hat

Aris gazed at it in wonder, seeing millions of inspirations. He would have to crack out his chisel and paintbrush when he went home.

Aqar smiled wider. "Now we will add another to our group of gods, all of them good and just: kind Kipt, ancient Kiloasa, secretive Aor, revered Aquaeris, and now imagination-giving Adelaide. Just are the gods, kind are they."

Forests of Starlight

Aquaeris smiles eagerly for the first time in a long time. He took a gentle sip of tea, then shaved off an incredibly thin slice of the cheesecake and placed it in his mouth, savoring the taste for a few moments.
    "Thank you, Countess Adelaide. This is delicious. I have not had such a courteous fortunate visit ever. May your imagination have no bounds, but soar among the stars unbridled."
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-08-21 at 06:29 PM.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

The Shadowlands

"No thank you. She leaned back in her chair, she hadn't felt this relaxed in a long time.

"I don't know if it's right, but I feel... relieved, now that the Dream Lich is gone. All the gods that died at his hands have been avenged. It's like there's a huge weight lifted from my shoulders."
    I know what you mean Ombra agreed. I'm glad to know that one of many evils is removed from the world.

Snow Haven

The hammer blow knocked the Vampire against the wall and the following ice breath entombed him under a foot of ice.

The sounds of mailed boots slipping on the Ice greeted the Doctor's signalling, perhaps, unless he wanted to fight the rest of the order, that it was time to go.
    The Doctor ran, shifting into a form similar to that of a cheetah. When he caught up to Sophia and her uncle, he yelled GO GO GO!!

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #750

BlueWizardGirl

The Hidden Isle

Jib seems relieved at the Scepter's attitude. "[COLOR="Red"]Monte Mora is a town in the mountains south of the Razorpine Forest. Most of the people there are Elthians and Kalpans, though it is a bustling trade city, so anyone is bound to show up. Most of us worship Kipt now, though, you wouldn't be hard pressed to find any worship. Some major world events as of late are that the Mirage Empire has risen where the Lokab Empire used to be, Calasancti has begun playing war games with the kingdoms of the north on that continent, but not a whole lot has proceeded in the place we are from.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jewel and Jib are unaware of the deaths of Kiloasa, Isanloff, Merolle, and Lilli, as well as the births of the new gods and the dragon raids because of when they left Monte Mora.

Garrug's Cave

Tylarch moves carefully along the cold, misshapen cavern's left wall. He follows the wall carefully with his hand, while he uses his other hand to reach in front of him for potential turns or obstacles. He sees a light, and he moves toward it. He understands that this voice could only be one person. "I'm more surprised to see you alive than anything else, I was sure you where destroyed; Went down with the ship. Glad to see I was wrong."

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick