New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Snow Haven

Sophia looked at the Doctor for a long moment, "You haven't even bought me dinner yet."

... she just made a joke, that's a first.

She climbed on the Doctor's back and said, "Grow wings, I have a feeling we'll need all the time we can get."

Spoiler
    Show
    Wanna hold off on this story until the War in the North picks up again?

The Hidden Isle

Charles is silent for a moment, then folds his hands in front of him. The Scepter cradled in the crook of his arm, "Would you be willing to repeat this tale before a council of this Isle's leaders?"
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-08-22 at 09:06 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Snow Haven

Sophia looked at the Doctor for a long moment, "You haven't even bought me dinner yet."

... she just made a joke, that's a first.

She climbed on the Doctor's back and said, "Grow wings, I have a feeling we'll need all the time we can get."
    Shadowlands

Ombra laughed.

Snow Haven

The Doctor's teeth split into a feral grin. Guess I'll have to fix that... He teased. He then melted around her, forming into a pack on her back. He lifted up his head to look over her shoulder.

Hold on, this can get a little rough.

A pair of black wings spread out from the new Doctor-pack and flapped hard, lifting them both into the air.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wanna hold off on this story until the War in the North picks up again?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #783

The Shadowlands

"Strange." Gwyn put her chin in her hand, "I trained her for something approaching a year and she never displayed anything approaching a sense of humor."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

4. - Top - End - #784
    Titan in the Playground

The Shadowlands

Ombra shrugged. Doctor tends to bring out the best in people. Whether he wants to or not.

A twinkle entered his eye. Or perhaps, He grinned widely, She WASN'T joking. He half-joked, half-laughed.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-08-22 at 09:47 PM.

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #785

BlueWizardGirl

The Hidden Isle

Jib looked at Jewel. He knew that he was tired, but he wasn't sure about Jewel. He knew he could continue despite being tired; This was business; This was HISTORY! He shifted his gaze back at the Scepter for a rather simple reply, "Yeah, we can do that. "

Garrug's Cave

Tylarch chuckled at the lich's sarcastic remark. "Well then, Garrug, what's the first thing you can tell me?"
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2012-08-22 at 11:24 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

6. - Top - End - #786

The Shadowlands

Gwyn smirks, "Perhaps, but something tells me it was actually a joke."

She sighs, sobering, "... she won't like what she finds in the North."

The Hidden Isle

Charles grins, "Thank you, if you'd like I can have my daughter see you to your accomodations."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-08-22 at 11:14 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

7. - Top - End - #787
    Titan in the Playground

Shadowlands

The image on the table began to fade back into swirling colors as the Doctor tried to strike up a conversation at 500 feet in the air. She will persevere. Ombra said calmly, as if he were stating an immutable fact. I'm more concerned with how the war will turn out as a whole... So much bloodshed and for what... tyranny! He spat the word like a curse.

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #788

The Hidden Isle

Jewel sees that as an opportunity to make another friend. "We would love that. If she does not mind, that is."

Garrug and Tylarch

Garrug taught Tylarch many things. Of course, Tylarch had to leave and attend to his duties at times, he always returned to learn more. Garrug had a vast library of books, a respectable number of which he had written himself. Almost all of them were about spells, or magic, and they did have power behind them. Soul magic was one thing that Garrug was especially fond of, and he had stolen away a good amount of souls when those bound in the Lokab were released. He gathered souls wherever he could find them after that, and managed to amass a small army. Tylarch was well on his way to having a good amount of souls bound to him as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll continue this later when I think about what should happen next. I'm tired.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

The Edge of the Void
    The child who was Caledur nodded, and rose to his feet. "Thank you, Creator. I will remember your aid this day." The runes flitting across the boy's chest glowed to life, and sparked, electricity running across his skin. He lifted into the air, slowly growing and transforming once more into the mighty storm cloud which was his true form. Caledur's baleful eyes turned once more to the Crone. "But, with all due respect Creator, I hope we never meet again." With that, the storm flew, back down towards the material world, in search of the entrance to this Labryinth.

Serpent's Range
    Clouds of dark, raging gray floated over the site where Dralcor was once imprisoned. The eyes of Caledur gazed towards the ground below, searching for some sign, some indication of how he might enter this fabled Labryinth, and find Reisen the Fool, to test his strength against him.
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ettin in the Playground

Cerune - Assassination of the Innocent

The lock was a good lock, clearly forged from the finest bronze alloys and crafted by the finest locksmiths. But, a determined and skilled individual could still get past, and with no rust or flaws in its design, it opened silently.
    Despite being a child's room, the chamber within was decorated in a manner befitting someone much older. The curtains were of blue with silver embroidery, as was the upholstery on the chairs, thick leather books stood on the shelves, a rug imported from the Emirates covered the parquet floor and a large harp stood in one corner. Above the marble mantelpiece was a portrait of the previous King and his Queen dressed in their royal finery.
    But, there were signs it was a child's room nonetheless. There were various stuffed animals placed neatly on a shelf, with a set of wooden blocks next to it. On the lowest shelf, some of the books were clearly books of stories and in one corner was a hand carved rocking horse.
    There were two doors, one comparatively plain, and the other much more elaborate. It too, was locked and tastefully reinforced.

The Forests of Starlight

"Excellent, excellent..."
    As Belsheroth spoke, three orbs of light floated out. One each to Adelaide, Aquaeris and Kipt. Within the orbs is his entire knowledge of every aspect of Divine Magic, including that which was stumbled upon by his Clerics on their own.
    Belsheroth bowed as Kipt left to attend to other matters. At almost the same time, Anzhela arrived, bearing the decision Lunadria had made concerning the High Ecclesiarchy. She bowed to the Gods present.
    "Lord Belsheroth, Lunadria and I have made our decision. We have chosen High Priest Lorne Cerenson of Old Calasanctium as High Ecclesiarch."
    "That's all very well and good Anzhela, but has he accepted this role?"
    "All the High Ecclesiarchs in the past have accepted... Why wouldn't he?"
    "Obviously, Lunadria neglected to mention that as soon as he finished his Trials, he rode South on a fast horse to open a charitable hospital in the Former Free Cities with royal assent and funding. It was his lifelong ambition, and as he is so early into his task he may not wish to tear himself away.
    "But I commend you both on your decision making, he is the perfect choice."

"So, she kept that hidden from me despite knowing everything about every other member of the High Priesthood?"
    "No, Lunadria had no knowledge of this, how could she? She's been wandering around Calasanctium avoiding rain. But it does not matter, he is likely the choice I would have made."
    Muttering to herself, Anzhela departed to go and speak to the lucky individual.

The Fertile Valley

"I'd just thought I'd say hello.
    "Lord Belsheroth - You have heard of Belsheroth, I'm assuming? - Requested that I keep watch over this land in case of trouble. To alert him should you should you need our aid as well as that of Lord Kipt."

Zerachiel thought for a moment.
    "Admittedly, Lord Kipt seems to have provided adequately for your welfare, but Lord Belsheroth desires he have a representative just in case, and I felt extremely rude watching you from afar without at least saying hello.
    "Also, it's a touch lonely up on the mountainside."

The Virus Republic

As Vanyanil searched through the ash covered wasteland that had replaced a once fertile and productive realm, he eventually found the City of Veran, capital of the Virus.
    At least... He should have... Seemed to be a mountain of ash instead...
    Something was up here...
    Oh well... Nothing for it but to dig through the ash!
    So he started digging. And digging. And more digging...
    Eventually, five cave ins later, Vanyanil came across a barrier of shimmering energy of all colours of the rainbow. He could not see beyond it, and it was quite solid, so he'd need to use a different approach.
    Involuntarily, he shuddered.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 1 + 2 PAP
    Bless: Knowledge of Divine Magic is available to all non-evil aligned deities should they ask. What they choose to do with said knowledge is up to them.
    Remaining AP: 1 + 1 PAP
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #791

The Shadowlands

"It's more complicated than that. Most of the knights think this will be the war to end all wars.... That is not the Imposter's opinion however."

The Hidden Isle

"I doubt she'll mind." Charles rang a bell next to his throne. A moment past and an adolescent Ravenkin girl opened the chamber.

"Yes Fat- Oh!"

Seeing he had guests she bowed, "You called Honored Scepter?"

Charles nodded, "Tanya, meet Jewel and Jib. Please guide them to the guest quarters."

"Of course Honored Scepter." Charles sighed as Tanya motioned the pair to follow her.

As they throne room she asked, perhaps, the most awkward question she could have.

"Would you like seperate quarters or should I take you to the marital suite?"
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-08-23 at 09:55 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

12. - Top - End - #792

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post

Razorpine Forest

"Just another forest?" Stamyn was usually the most understanding of the druidic council, but even he seemed disgruntled by Eom. "This forest is our home, we have lived here for thousands of years. We let you stay here under the terms that you respect it. It is sacred to us, the forest, the trees, nature. All of it. You must understand that it is not just another forest." Rivra looked upset as well, "You can't just force people our of their home!"
    Eom felt sad, and horribly guilty. "I am sorry. I am new to this world, and do not understand it's precepts. I will pray to my god to recti-", he said but was cut off mid sentence as his eyes flooded with golden light, until they were nothing but luminescent orbs.

"I am the god Eroberung in the body of my servant Eom. Eom is faithful, but he has too much kindness, and drinks too much of the cup of sympathy. Though these are good when shown to other Kriegmnsch, you are folk that must be removed for the sake of the Holy Task.", the strange being says. Eom/Eroberung draws the war axe from his belt, and does battle with the Druids, calling his people to aid him.

Spoiler
    Show
    +2 for being part of an organisation, +2 for being a Hero, +2 for divine infusion in Eom. Thus, +6.

(1d10+6)[8]

13. - Top - End - #793
    Troll in the Playground

Assassination by the Darkest of Knights

First Drogul would need to check what would most likely be the servants quarters. Killing and silencing any potential interlopers here would be a crucial step in the success of the assassination, and in his escape. This in mind, he crept close to the simple door, placing his head against it to hear anything inside, and opening it with the slow silence of the night's own shadow.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2012-08-23 at 11:08 AM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

The Shadowlands

"It's more complicated than that. Most of the knights think this will be the war to end all wars.... That is not the Imposter's opinion however."
    They think to end all wars by bringing all of the north - and perhaps more - under the banner of a single king. Ombra retorted. That isn't "complicated" at all.

He realized how angry he sounded, then held up a palm (still keeping it under his sleeve). No, you're right, it's not that simple...
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-08-23 at 12:01 PM.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #795
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

In The Golden Afternoon

Phenelope led her companions through a winding trail of rosebushes, the air sweetly perfumed and the peals of song ringing in the distance.

The three of them turned a corner, into a clearing and ornamental garden, with roses twisted around an arch under which an elderly Peafowlkin woman was reading.

"And the Lady Adelaide, upon taking her first step upon that carpet of stars, danced between the dimensions and to the forest in which she would save her father."

The story is taken over by a younger, more kindly-voiced Peafowl.

"And upon his awakening, she did greet her Uncle, with all the elegance and humility deserved."

"And cake!"

This last exclamation came from a smaller, younger Peafowl, and obviously excited.

"I would like to introduce you to Prima, Secunda, and Tertia, the three Sagesses of the Garden."

16. - Top - End - #796

We Three Peafowlkin

"Greetings. My name is Aqar, of the Kalpan priesthood. It is a pleasure to meet you. May your brows be bathed in the blue light of the seas."

"Hello. My name's Aris, and I'm a painter and artist. Nice to meet you."
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

17. - Top - End - #797

BlueWizardGirl

The Hidden Isle

Jib wasn't sure how to diffuse the awkward comment, he didn't want to be rooms away, or on the other side of the building from Jewel. They had grown close, but not close enough to assume that they would share a bed. Jib thought of how to make light of the situation, "Well, does the Marital Suite have a couch?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Jib is a goblin, btw.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

18. - Top - End - #798

The Shadowlands

"It is for some of them." Gwyn frowns, "Many others lost a lot of friends to the Lycans and in the war with the Free Cities. They just want it all to stop and the only way they know how to make it stop is to keep marching forward."

The Hidden Isle

Tanya shrugged, "I think so."

Spoiler
    Show
    Did not know that, ah well, like I said, hybrids are very common on the Hidden Isle.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

19. - Top - End - #799
    Titan in the Playground

The Shadowlands

"It is for some of them." Gwyn frowns, "Many others lost a lot of friends to the Lycans and in the war with the Free Cities. They just want it all to stop and the only way they know how to make it stop is to keep marching forward."
    It shouldn't be like that. Ombra muttered. If they know no way but to empower the already over-powered, they should look and FIND another way. You can't just stand there and LET things happen when you know they're wrong...

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #800

The Shadowlands

"It should not be like that, but it is. Life is much easier for mortals if they simply wear blinders."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-08-23 at 09:54 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

21. - Top - End - #801
    Titan in the Playground

The Shadowlands

"It should not be like that, but it is. Life is much easier for mortals if they simply wear blinders."
    Only because they allow it. Ombra replied, anger gone and a new urgency to his voice. Evidently he was now thinking of this as a philosophical debate. Good thing too, a minute ago he sounded argumentative. If every member of a nation did the right thing, there would be no need for mortals to blind themselves to the tyranny around them - they would dismantle it. Tyranny survives and is able to do so much evil because those under it do not speak up against it - or if they do, they speak alone and are swiftly silenced.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #802

The Shadowlands

"What you say is true, but we cannot force mortals to do the right thing."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-08-24 at 07:13 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ettin in the Playground

And in the darkest of hours also

The unlocked door opened easily, but it creaked slightly as evidenced by hinges left to go rusty and unoiled. Within, there was a room for a servant, a luxurious room for a servant, but not matching the luxury of the other room. Inside was the usual furniture, but the room was unoccupied and the small fireplace radiated no heat.
    On the desk, there was a jewellery box that had been left open, revealing a diamond necklace worthy of any noble.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

24. - Top - End - #804

The Hidden Isle

"I think we would do nicely with the suite," Jewel said politely. She certainly trusted Jib enough to share space on a bed with him. After all, they had been sharing living space for quite a while now. She felt safer when he was around, more comforted in this strange place.

The Fertile Valley

"Yes, we have hear of Belsheroth." Merk knows basic information about the gods, and Zerachiel's claim begins to make sense to him. "Any extra protection is welcome in these tough times. You are welcome to company should you want it. It must be hard to have to watch our festivals without participating. If you want, you could come among us and contribute to our system."

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

The Hidden Isle

"What you say is true, but we cannot force mortals to do the right thing."
    Ombra blinked. Why would we need to?

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ettin in the Playground

The Fertile Valley

"That's very kind of you. In truth, I have not been watching for very long, and I also have the entire rest of the continent to look out for as well.
    "To tell the truth, I am concerned about recent events in the North, and I should go and look in on the Woden shortly. But, I would like to know more of this system you speak of."

Dragons!

27. - Top - End - #807
    Orc in the Playground

Acabare
    Dralcor goes to Acabare to talk to Kipt. Upon arrival, he says, "What troubles you Kipt?"
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

28. - Top - End - #808

The Shadowlands

"There will always be men that refuse to do the right thing. But that is their choice, we must simply take steps to protect others from them."

The Hidden Isle

"Okay! Anyway we're here."

She stops in front of a wooden door and opens it. Revealing a rather large room with a wooden bed frame and a feather matress. Opposite the bed is a fire place. In front of which is a velvet chair and couch. Opposite the door rests a bookshelf next to a small wooden desk. Above the desk is a single large window that provides light for the entire room. Though there is a lantern on top of the desk for when the sun sets.

"Anyway, there's a string beside the door. Pull it and it'll ring a bell in the servant's quarters. Anything you need from me while I'm still here?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

The Shadowlands

"There will always be men that refuse to do the right thing. But that is their choice, we must simply take steps to protect others from them."
    And there will always be people afraid to do anything about it, but why is that the rule instead of the exception?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-08-24 at 08:15 AM.

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #810

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    And there will always be people afraid to do anything about it, but why is that the rule instead of the exception?
    "What are you driving at Ombra?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight