New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Gwyn and the Star

"And you cannot return to the place of your birth?"

Sophia, Marren, and Nureen

"That's not all, I wish it were. But think about it. Carrying the Banner of the Order of the Spear? Who is it that has the right order us to war? Who is the only one in all the kingdom, neither the king nor the council can effectively oppose? Who has the most elite military force in the world?"

She was silentfor a moment, "There's a reason I'm not returning to the Order. Not unless I can find proof of our Captain's goals."

Free Port-The Great Voyage

Willy nods and disappears,

Sandra laughed at Kuruk's comment, "Aye, aye, captain!"

Saul frowned, but he rarely did anything else.

Nettal

The knight sighed relieved. "We've been looking all over for you, we have an offer from the Order of the Spear. We would like to request the Wildling's assistance in uniting the continent under Calasanctium. As payment you may name you price. But-"

He pulled a spear from his back, "This spear was forged from a shard from Gwyn's own spear, broken off during her duel with Vargull. Unlike our patroness, one may put it down, if done willingly. But it will return your hand if you drop it by accident, intention, or if it is taken from you. We are willing to give you this spear before the campaign begins in earnest, as a token of our esteem."

Spoiler
    Show
    Beginning AP: 6
    Forge Artifact, The Shard Spear -4AP Nettal can feel Gwyn's divine power within it. Which is probably more attractive than the other features.
    Ending AP: 2AP
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-09 at 10:37 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

2. - Top - End - #62

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    "I'm the one strong enough to take it!" The one-eyed goblin replied as he ducked the spear. He slashed at the thick shaft with his knife, but only succeeded in knocking it aside.
    "Strength is in spirit" The Cretaum, standing much larger than the goblin, takes a step forwards and tries to grab the goblin in a choke hold with his left hand. He fixes his hold on his spear with his right hand, making sure it could be thrust forward if his choke hold fails.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post

Willy nods and disappears,

Sandra laughed at Kuruk's comment, "Aye, aye, captain!"

Saul frowned, but he rarely did anything else.
    "All right, my Knightly bodyguards. Where should we head to next in this wondorous city?" Kuruk asked. He was looking for nearly any excuse to avoid spending another night on the ship.

Nettal

The knight sighed relieved. "We've been looking all over for you, we have an offer from the Order of the Spear. We would like to request the Wildling's assistance in uniting the continent under Calasanctium. As payment you may name you price. But-"

He pulled a spear from his back, "This spear was forged from a shard from Gwyn's own spear, broken off during her duel with Vargull. Unlike our patroness, one may put it down, if done willingly. But it will return your hand if you drop it by accident, intention, or if it is taken from you. We are willing to give you this spear before the campaign begins in earnest, as a token of our esteem."

Spoiler
    Show
    Beginning AP: 5
    Forge Artifact, The Shard Spear -4AP Nettal can feel Gwyn's divine power within it. Which is probably more attractive than the other features.
    Ending AP: 1AP
    "A spear forged from Gwyn's own? And you would just give it to any stranger that comes along?" Nettal laughed. Ombra's power made his own natural charm almost irresistible. This was almost too easy. "Who was it that told you to look for me?"

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdelf View Post
    "Strength is in spirit" The Cretaum, standing much larger than the goblin, takes a step forwards and tries to grab the goblin in a choke hold with his left hand. He fixes his hold on his spear with his right hand, making sure it could be thrust forward if his choke hold fails.
    The one eyed goblin wrapped his hands around the Cretaum's wrist while the green scaled fist closed around his throat. Small gurgling sounds came out of his mouth, as did a small amount of drool. Soon, the Goblin slumped in the Cretaum's grasp, unconcious.

"Why would you do that for me?" Glick asked.

4. - Top - End - #64

Sandra looked around, "Well first of all do any of us remember how to get out of this maze."

Saul sighed, "Take the next right, then a left, when you see the jeweler's booth you'll want to make a left."

"You were paying attention?"

"One of us had to. Also I think there is supposedly an Inn nearby sir... the Skull and Dagger?"

Nettal & The Knights

"No, we're willing to give it to an ally that would help us overcome the obstacles in uniting this land. As for who told us, it was madame Curot, the Order's Astromancer."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Gwyn and the Star

"And you cannot return to the place of your birth?"
    There is no way possible. It is too far.

Sophia, Marren, and Nureen

"That's not all, I wish it were. But think about it. Carrying the Banner of the Order of the Spear? Who is it that has the right order us to war? Who is the only one in all the kingdom, neither the king nor the council can effectively oppose? Who has the most elite military force in the world?"

She was silentfor a moment, "There's a reason I'm not returning to the Order. Not unless I can find proof of our Captain's goals."
    But the Captain is an honourable man, I spoke to him on occasion, and he did not seem the type to take to war for purposes of conquest...
    Oh Marren... A Knight can be corrupted like any other man. You just have to offer them something different.
    We'll need to find out more before we can act. I am a loyal citizen of Calasanctium and all, and I want us to be prosperous. But if there is going to be more war, I doubt the Kingdom will survive...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sandra looked around, "Well first of all do any of us remember how to get out of this maze."

Saul sighed, "Take the next right, then a left, when you see the jeweler's booth you'll want to make a left."

"You were paying attention?"

"One of us had to. Also I think there is supposedly an Inn nearby sir... the Skull and Dagger?"
    "I knew bringing you along would be good for something Saul. The Skull and Dagger? How quaint." Kuruk marched off, following Saul's directions until they came to the entrance to the Inn. It did not look quaint.

"You didn't happen to see any other Inns around here, did you?" Kuruk asked, swallowing hard.

Nettal & The Knights

"No, we're willing to give it to an ally that would help us overcome the obstacles in uniting this land. As for who told us, it was madame Curot, the Order's Astromancer."
    "I had thought the magic of Astromancy long since lost to time. It seems I overlooked some things. What obstacles are giving you such challenges, sir knight/"

7. - Top - End - #67

Gwyn & The Star

"I'm sorry to hear that."

Gwyn smiled, "For what it's worth it's a pleasure meeting you Brightfire."

Sophia, Marren, and Nureel

Sophia frowned, "I really wish that wasn't true."

Sophia's stomach growled, she smiled and looked back, "But before we do anything, do either of you have anything to eat. I haven't eaten in half a day."

Spoiler
    Show
    Your decision how many more exchanges before we start their travel montage.

Even Saul looked a little nervous, "no, no I didn't."

"Maybe we should just go back to the ship?"

The Knights and Nettal

The knight nodded, "Astromancy was almost dead, but there were enough masters still alive to pass the knowledge on. As for what obstacles we face, we would like for you, the Wildlings, a Contingent of knights, and five legions to wage war against the lords of the north."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-08 at 10:53 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Gwyn & The Star

"I'm sorry to hear that."

Gwyn smiled, "For what it's worth it's a pleasure meeting you Brightfire."
    I shall sleep now that I know you are not dangerous.
    Brightfire's radiance dimmed ever so slightly, and she almost appeared to stretch out in the light. Very difficult to tell with a shape-altering mass of light.

Sophia, Marren, and Nureel

Sophia frowned, "I really wish that wasn't true."

Sophia's stomach growled, she smiled and looked back, "But before we do anything, do either of you have anything to eat. I haven't eaten in half a day."

Spoiler
    Show
    Your decision how many more exchanges before we start their travel montage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Begin the travel montage. Always saves time.
    Just to note: On the way South, Marren will have sent two letters. One to his niece and one to Patriarch Enrich of Snow Haven to let the Church of Belsheroth know that he'll be away for a long time.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Profaniti, Captain Eric

The Daemon grinned, white light seeping from between his cruel teeth. He held before him a divine/Avarician contract to be signed. It contained only what had been agreed to, no tricks. Profaniti added one final addendum, almost as an afterthought. "As a special gift, to you and those closest to you, assuming you agree of course, you shall be granted something like the power of an archlich, or something therelikes. Of course, subtlety being key, and with the recent troubles, it will not be quite so... flagrant as them, you will be granted great physical and magical power, immortality, all the perks, but your appearance will change little, if at all, from your current form. Again, assuming you agree."

And with that the deal would be made, the pact would be signed, and all would be happier for it. Or so was the great hope of this illustrious meeting. Profaniti departs when everything is signed, though he remains watchful, in case something goes awry or the good captain needs to discuss something.

Wardog and the Fool

Vargull, watching over the world now, Reisen appears. Vargull turns to him, an unreadable expression on his face. "So the Fox and the Wolf finally meet, muzzle to muzzle. It is good to see you uncle. Is there something special you wanted to talk about, or just catching up for no times' sake?"

Northern Realms
    Amidst the Northern Realms some of the Tyrant nations were stirring, with the Goblin Empires' fall, and the Calsanctiums' invasion of the Free Cities, some of the nations were riled up as it was, but some of the Tyrants, especially those like Lycanthropes, Wargs, and Ember Spirits, but also Dragons, Sorcerers, and plain old Warlords, began to hear a call, a call not heard in 3,000 years among their kind. Some ignored it, some were slow to heed, but many knew the call and were glad, they began mobilizing their forces, moving them to the southern borders of their small kingdoms, duchies, baronies and territories, preparing for what was to come.

Spoiler
    Show

Having conversed with Yeshon, I am assuming the impostor agrees, so... here goes.
    8AP- 1AP Bless: The Knights and soldiers that take the renewed oath and thus agree to the contract will be given great gods-given strength, and the strength agreed upon in the contract, they will be given a holy mission to conquer the lands to make them safe and to end or reduce suffering in the world, and aside from strength and zeal, there will be a level of good luck in the war effort as well, crop yields, bureaucratic efficiencies, etc. little things that add up in war.
    -4AP Create Fabled Life: Vampires. They don't have the fangs yet (or they aren't readily apparent) they don't burn in the sun (yet at least) and they don't suffer from the drawbacks of Vampirism traditionally seen. They have incredible physical and magical powers, and besides maybe some slightly pointy ears, moderately sunken eyes, vaguely pale or ashy skin, and some overlong canines, they look like regular people.
    -2AP Infuse: Vargull's divine gift, after all, a Holy War is a War, the Calsanctium are given, for now, his divine aid twice over in the persecution of this war. Of course, Vargull is going to every length to hide his power in the guise of the Daemons' blessing on behalf of Lord Isanloff.

I'm going to flesh out some of those Northern nations more later, I don't know if I need to spend AP to influence them at all, will do a bless/curse if I need to spend something though.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

10. - Top - End - #70

Gwyn and The Star

Gwyn nodded, "Then sleep well Brightfire."

'Captain Eric'

'Eric' smiled, "I accept." With that he signed the contract and twenty knights found themselves transformed. All were knights who were somehow involved in the captain's scheme and were not a part of karma. Only one of them, knew the whole truth and she was outside the door.

Captain Eric emerged from the door to find Jennifer still reeling from the transformation. What had just happened to her?

'Eric' smiled cruelly, "I've just secured our most important ally yet. Come Jennifer, let us greet the king."

King Stephen

The King saw the captain of the knights walk down the stairs, he was dressed modestly, though still with enough finery to not insult the king. He bowed,

"My lord king. It is an honor for you to visit us." He doubted the king would balk at the chance to extend his borders more. And oh, would he extend them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gwyn will be the one cursing the vampires with their traditional weaknesses to sunlight and such (blood is an unintended consequence) when she finally discovers what's going on. So I ask people give us time to flesh this story before dropping atom bombs on them

The Journey

Despite Sophia's objections Marren sends the two letters. Over the course of their travels the party encounters many enemies, mostly bandits, but some wandering ghouls. Sophia displays remarkable skill in each of these encounters. Difficult to believe this was the same woman who had been so horribly injured by a single ghoul.

During the travels she has let slip something of her training, with quotes that didn't exist outside of the cave she had trained in. Among other odd idiosyncracys in which she would recite a training exercise Bjor had given her before doing it.

Once, she had even been drunk, but that episode wasn't to be trusted.

Finally, after over two week's travel, the party arrived outside of Free Port.

"Thought we'd never get here."

Spoiler
    Show
    @mattsdelf: If you want the Cretaum convoy to arrive (only just now noticed it after a bit of back reading), just post them coming into Free Port, then I'll start responding.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

'Captain Eric'

'Eric' smiled, "I accept." With that he signed the contract and twenty knights found themselves transformed. All were knights who were somehow involved in the captain's scheme and were not a part of karma. Only one of them, knew the whole truth and she was outside the door.

Captain Eric emerged from the door to find Jennifer still reeling from the transformation. What had just happened to her?

'Eric' smiled cruelly, "I've just secured our most important ally yet. Come Jennifer, let us greet the king."

King Stephen

The King saw the captain of the knights walk down the stairs, he was dressed modestly, though still with enough finery to not insult the king. He bowed,

"My lord king. It is an honor for you to visit us." He doubted the king would balk at the chance to extend his borders more. And oh, would he extend them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gwyn will be the one cursing the vampires with their traditional weaknesses to sunlight and such (blood is an unintended consequence) when she finally discovers what's going on. So I ask people give us time to flesh this story before dropping atom bombs on them
    Ah... Captain Eric. I hope that you were not delayed by an emergency. It would be terrible if things did not go well.
    Still, let us not waste time with idle banter, and instead move to the matter at hand.

He gestured to a servant who moved forward carrying a heavy wooden box.
    I have something for you. Well, not you in particular, but The Order.
    The King opened the box and took out a silver circlet, glittering with diamonds and amethysts.
    This is for you Sir Knight, for your services to the Kingdom. Do you desire a ceremony or not?

The City of Galnkan

The handing out of food went well, as usual. Now to get back to the shop without getting attacked on the way. Kasak looked around at the rest of the crowd. Some people had started eating their food already, eager to get a meal in before it was stolen from their grasp by thugs. At least Kasak was blessed with sharp claws and cunning.
    As he was walking away from the square, he heard a woman scream. Glancing briefly, he saw another woman cornering her in an alleyway. Just keep walking, just keep walking. Don't get yourself in trouble.
    Վահանը եւ պաշտպանել թույլերը.
    He looked around, and could not identify the source of the words.
    Տառապում են ոչ թե չար ապրելու, չլինի, մենք ինքներս պետք է չար.
    Okay, now something was definitely up... Gibberish didn't just appear out of nowhere.
    Գիտելիքը ուժ է. Միայն իմաստուն են, իսկապես ուժեղ:
    He could not help himself, and he whispered the last phrase, somehow knowing what it meant.
    Knowledge is power... Only the wise are truly strong...
    Confidently, he continued, somehow knowing what to say.
    And the wise seek only truth, and only kindness is true.
    Oh... Hell... He'd been geased!
    Best to help the poor lady, lest he suffer whatever consequences come with being geased... One didn't ask what they were after all.
    He ran into the alley, claws ready. Leaping through the air, he collided with the assailant, bowling her over. A second later, his claws were in the woman's neck, severing her spinal cord and giving her a quick death.
    Are you alright?
    The victim didn't respond, she was bleeding from a wound in her abdomen, near priceless fruit lying in the dust beside her. Almost without thinking, Kasak knelt down beside her and placed his hands over the wound, speaking a phrase difficult for him to wrap his tongue around.
    Բուժելու, Դուք չպետք է տեսնել, անտառների այսօր:
    Light erupted from between his fingers and the wound closed. She was breathing easier now.
    You handled that well. It's sad that you had to kill the other woman...
    Who are you? And how did I do this?
    Well... Depending on your philosophical beliefs, I am either your worst nightmare or one of the greatest forces of good to ever exist. You may have heard of me. I am the Starlit Reaper.
    Belsheroth? But... You're a monster! You steal Goblins from their homes!
    That's one entirely false interpretation of my actions. But you'll find out all about that when you die.
    I need your help... You see... I offered unto the Archdruid a talisman of incalculable value that would confer upon a Goblin the entirety of the knowledge concerning the art of Divine Magic, which is essentially channelling my power to do what is more or less my bidding.
    However, he chose not to accept this offer, and instead, an indeterminate number of your kind have received fragmented knowledge which they may or may not utilise.
    But in your case... You received a significant portion, and the ability is strong in you. Easily a match for any High Priest, living or dead. Of course, they'd easily defeat you because you lack their lifetime of training. But I think you have it in you.

So, you want me to be your priest?
    Cleric.
    Whatever. Why?
    To make amends. If you bring the gift of pure and unadulterated healing to your kind, my Nephew can in no way say that I am an uncaring tyrant in all but name.
    Are you an uncaring tyrant?
    No, or we would not be having this conversation.
    Now... Tend to this woman first, make sure she arrives home safely, and then I'll teach you all about your new power.

What? I can't refuse?
    Are you going to?
    Kasak was silent.
    Okay, she's coming around now. You'll know what to do.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shield and protect the weak.
    Suffer not wickedness to live, lest we be wicked ourselves.
    Knowledge is power. Only the wise are truly strong.
    Heal, you shall not see the Forests today.

Hopefully that's not too out of character for a Goblin.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-07-09 at 12:57 AM.

Dragons!

12. - Top - End - #72

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    @mattsdelf: If you want the Cretaum convoy to arrive (only just now noticed it after a bit of back reading), just post them coming into Free Port, then I'll start responding.
    Spoiler
    Show
    They're not there yet, they're lost in the desert, I was about to post about that. Also, they don't know anything about the success of Tresingiis in the desert, or even that the cretaum are there yet.

The Red Desert: The shifting sands

Drestin sighed. He had been over this sand dune three times, with two short cacti on the left, and the same rock formation at two o'clock. He turns to his party, "Do any of you remember which way from here? We aught to turn around, It's been two nights since we left, supposed to gather information. Now we are lost."

One of them answers him, " I don't know how to go back to Shreddokk, but if we wait till night, I can use the stars to gain orientation, and we can go in the same direction until we hit something."

"I hope so, Red (Reddulch) will be upset that we failed our mission. I thought we could never get lost in the desert, but the rain did us in. It wiped the scent off of everything, and scared off the game we had been following."

A town in the Former Lokab Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    The one eyed goblin wrapped his hands around the Cretaum's wrist while the green scaled fist closed around his throat. Small gurgling sounds came out of his mouth, as did a small amount of drool. Soon, the Goblin slumped in the Cretaum's grasp, unconcious.

"Why would you do that for me?" Glick asked.
    The Cretaum took his knife from him, and carved out his eye. He loosed his hold, the unconscious goblin fell to the floor. He wouldn't die, but that goblin would now live in a world of darkness. "I am Michael, and I did it because we can't have people like him who pick on his own kind, and steal and kill. The desert is too unforgiving for us to quarrel and take advantage of each other. Our tribes in the west look out for one another, which is why we can have a joint head chief in Shreddokk."

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ah... Captain Eric. I hope that you were not delayed by an emergency. It would be terrible if things did not go well.
    Still, let us not waste time with idle banter, and instead move to the matter at hand.

He gestured to a servant who moved forward carrying a heavy wooden box.
    I have something for you. Well, not you in particular, but The Order.
    The King opened the box and took out a silver circlet, glittering with diamonds and amethysts.
    This is for you Sir Knight, for your services to the Kingdom. Do you desire a ceremony or not?
    "I have uncovered dire news sire, so I would request no ceremony and permission to depart quickly. I've found evidence that the Kingdoms of the North were not only complicit in the infestation of ghouls, but in fact helped to smuggle many of the bodies into Calasanctium where they were animated."

He motions Jennifer forward who hands him several masterfully forged documents, showing letters to and from multiple kings of the North. All corraborating what 'Eric' had said.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-09 at 01:55 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

14. - Top - End - #74

A Town in the Former Lokab Empire
    A shimmering form, like a young female goblin, gently touched down on the desert sands. Her eyes were liquid with pain, but hope as well.
    "Thank you, kind Cretaum. My former race needs uniting sorely, and it needs trust and loyalty to do that. You risked death to save one about to die, like I should have for my crimes."
    She touched a burning Geas-mark on her brow and sighed.
    "However, I need not burden you with my history. Aquaeris will soon be here. He will reward you."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rollover for yesterday:
    0 AP+4: 4 AP total
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

15. - Top - End - #75

BlueWizardGirl

A Town in the Former Lokab Empire

Michael looked at the apparition that had appeared to him and looked shocked, " I was just d-doing my job, who are you, anyway? Did you say Aquaeris is coming here?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glick is still here.

The Former Lokab Empire

Tresingiis had overseen the Cretaum attend to almost all of the goblin villages in the Former Lokab Empire. They where gathering and delivering food, helping the wildlings regroup everyone, and had camps of several cretaum at every village's center. They where making good progress. It seemed like everything was moving right along. Still, he hadn't heard from Reddulch in the capitol. The memories of the trial of Belsheroth rang in his head, and he was for a moment, enraged at the Starlight Reaper. The goblins seemed more than willing to be helped, and Tresingiis thought that they could live together, kind of a joint empire. . . Yes, He liked that idea quite a lot. The tribes could do an awful lot of good for these broken people.

The Lokab Capitol.
    The groups of Cretaum split up, taking different streets, running into riots, beating up bozos, throwing apart gangs. The Cretaum where strong, ordered, in comparison to the Lokabs who where weak, confused, and miserable. Up one ally, Reddulch purged the chaos with his spear, he drove it right through a goblin who pulled a knife on him. His spear and headset, and shiny red scales where not all that set him apart from the other Cretaum. He marched right down street after street, announcing his presence and plan to every goblin and every house, " I REPRESENT THE CRETAUM, Under the authority of the Desert, we summon you outside the walls of this wretched city. There will be no more blood spilled between kin. There will be food and water, and rest available if you heed this call." The city was huge, It took a couple days before the Cretaum could manage all of it, before chaos was turned into order. Even then, it was not right, the goblins seemed to resist, like the Cretaum where too late here, and the goblins where still upset about their archlich leaders being so eagerly smited. Especially after the trial of Belsheroth incident. But they went, they arranged slowly outside the city walls, and awaited whatever speech was impending.

The Red Desert: Shreddokk

Drestin and his party managed to find their way back under the stars. They all went back to their tribes, and went to sleep, hoping he could dodge the need to debrief whoever was still here in the morning, having failed his job.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76

Former Lokab Empire, Desert
    The seraphic figure sighed. "I am Sofía. I lived three thousand years ago in the city that was the capital of the Lokab Empire. I lived at a time where the leaders hated the gods, not believing in them. A few faithful prayed in secret to them, for glory and hope and renewal and forgiveness."
    Her wings dropped slightly.
    "I was one of them. They sent a team to capture me, and I tried to fight. But I was just a young girl, and they were huge and terrifying, and they had nets..."
    "I was taken to the High Inquisitor, who almost tortured me to death. I let slip the information that there were others who were still faithful. He had power... He branded me, forced me against my will to lure all of the faithful to one place. Then, he killed them all, their families, and mine. And he let me go, to wander to a broken death in the desert."
    "Aquaeris took mercy on me, and, dirtying his immortal hands, lifted me up and gave me new wings and grace and life. I am one of the Tears of Aquaeris. Those that die wronged are taken by us and given unaging life in the Beaty and art of the Sunken Palaces, and given the task of helping those in hardship. Aquaeris is noble, and he sees nobility. He is coming."

And the air shimmered as, with gentle blue light, Aquaeris sunk to the ground, as a winged human, but ancient and wise.
    "Hello. Tell me, who art thee, and what is thy race? Thy noble deeds will not go unrewarded."
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

17. - Top - End - #77

Free Port-The Fell Knives

A scarred old human and a younger Ravenkin awaited Parvis in a tavern. They were called Marik and Jorias respectively. The human was missing a right ear and was a native of Free Port. Whereas Jorias was the bastard half brother of Gregory.

Gregory's reaction to the note could not be reported, presumably he received many death threats and so was unconcerned with this one.
    Free Port Fell Knives

Parvis nodded to both men, before seating. "I assume you know why you're here."

Monte Mora

Hilarious, were it not a situation of sheer violence. Despite the calm, the assassin trapped still twisted and furiously cut.

The assassin who was attempting to reach the boat critically failed, but instead halted, and turned to throw another knife at the flying guardsman, yet the spear lodged in his shoulder-blade. Wincing in pain he drops into the water. The pair of assassins fighting the Kalpan glance at each other, before splitting up to either side, striking simultaneously at leg and wrist.

While Akric easily halts the progress of the knife man, Litan simply dodges a couple of blows from the Sailor. He slices at the sailor's cheek, causing some blood to run, and after a smooth parry, he deflects the sailor towards Akric, while giving a small push to Brist, and looking at him. "Quick! Away from this!"
    Last edited by Exachix; 2012-07-09 at 06:01 PM. Reason: I didn't finish this post... oops
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78

Monte Mora

The guard raised an eyebrow at the Hydresse. Back to life again? what is he talking about? the Kalpan thought. In response he said "They are murdering innocent men." as if that stood for itself.
    The other guard managed to parry the strike to his wrist, but the momentum of the block, and the strike to his leg sent him spinning out of control. He hit the ground, and did his best to roll way from the action.
    Next, seeing somewhere he could be, the bare clawed guard ran into the action. He lunges for the wrist of the assassin who just struck at the wrist of the guard. Swinging his leg around, he attempts to trip trip the man to the ground.

Brist hardly knew what to do. There had already been one assassin on his ship, why not another? He had, however, planned to leave by ship to get as far away from this assassin stuff as possible, and he figured that if he ran back into the city he would certainly have to face his assailants once again. So instinctively, he ran past Akric, and onto his ship as fast as he could. Brist paused only to stop over the injured body of the assassin Akirc had taken out. He didn't even stop long enough to tell whether the man was alive or dead, just pointed to him and said "Crew! Tie him up!" Next, Brist ran strait to his cabins quarters yelling "Away! Away! Now!" the whole time, and gesturing forward to show he meant to disembark.
    Akirc rushed back to the dock after taking out his opponent. He didn't quite trust the man in the mask due to his mysterious nature, but he certainly wasn't hurting the situation right now. "Stand down in the name of the law" Akric declared, holding his sword to intimidate the sailor. The blood on his sword from his last opponent didn't hurt his intimidation check in his mind either. This man looked to be a common sailor lost in the chaos, but he half expected him to turn out to be another assassin.

The frantic assassin made the trapped Elthien go a bit crazy trying to dislodge himself. The other truly looked insane, and he feared for his life. Even accidentally one of his cuts could go the wrong way and impale him.

The knife thrown struck the ridden beast in the gut, and it fell hard. It's rider jumped just in time, falling to his feet, then to the ground. He was disoriented at first, but recovered quickly enough, and charged into combat again, spear drawn. He looked apt to strike the first enemy he came across with a spear thrust.

19. - Top - End - #79

Monte Mora
    "I know. However, to stop stooping to their level, could we not have a fair judging in public, rather than this... Brawl?"
    The Hydressë pointed her staff at two corpses, who rose to their feet and lurched to join their mistress. The one on the right carried a heavy club, the left a cuirass.
    "Do I have to stop this?"
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

20. - Top - End - #80

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Former Lokab Empire, Desert
    The seraphic figure sighed. "I am Sofía. I lived three thousand years ago in the city that was the capital of the Lokab Empire. I lived at a time where the leaders hated the gods, not believing in them. A few faithful prayed in secret to them, for glory and hope and renewal and forgiveness."
    Her wings dropped slightly.
    "I was one of them. They sent a team to capture me, and I tried to fight. But I was just a young girl, and they were huge and terrifying, and they had nets..."
    "I was taken to the High Inquisitor, who almost tortured me to death. I let slip the information that there were others who were still faithful. He had power... He branded me, forced me against my will to lure all of the faithful to one place. Then, he killed them all, their families, and mine. And he let me go, to wander to a broken death in the desert."
    "Aquaeris took mercy on me, and, dirtying his immortal hands, lifted me up and gave me new wings and grace and life. I am one of the Tears of Aquaeris. Those that die wronged are taken by us and given unaging life in the Beaty and art of the Sunken Palaces, and given the task of helping those in hardship. Aquaeris is noble, and he sees nobility. He is coming."

And the air shimmered as, with gentle blue light, Aquaeris sunk to the ground, as a winged human, but ancient and wise.
    "Hello. Tell me, who art thee, and what is thy race? Thy noble deeds will not go unrewarded."
    Michael looked at Aquaeris with reverence and said, "My name is Michael, I am a Cretaum from tribe Kilos. We came east from our home in The Red Desert to help the goblins after the death of the archliches, at the command of our god, and head chief. But I saved that woman because it was the right thing to do and I was there, not because I want a reward." He didn't want to offend the god, but he didn't think what he did was worthy of divine intervention, especially when stopping things like that was what they came east for. "My grace, I am only a peasant, am I really worthy of any reward?"

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

Free Port-Fell Knives

Jorias nodded gravely. Marik's eyes narrowed, "I'm kinna slow, why don't you explain it to me?"
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-09 at 09:20 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

"I have uncovered dire news sire, so I would request no ceremony and permission to depart quickly. I've found evidence that the Kingdoms of the North were not only complicit in the infestation of ghouls, but in fact helped to smuggle many of the bodies into Calasanctium where they were animated."

He motions Jennifer forward who hands him several masterfully forged documents, showing letters to and from multiple kings of the North. All corraborating what 'Eric' had said.
    King Stephen took a pair of spectacles out from one of his pockets and began perusing the documents. Something was odd about one or two of them, but the rest seemed genuine.
    These seem to be in order. If you desire to crush the unbelievers of the North for perpetrating such blasphemy, then I have no objection.
    Let us get this other matter out of the way in an short a time as possible.

Please kneel Sir Knight.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Captain "Eric" kneels to accept the circlet, the King shall crown him Grand Duke of Lands of the Order.

Dragons!

23. - Top - End - #83

'Eric' and King Stephen

The Imposter knelt.

Free Port-The Knight's Quest

Sophia led the procession into Free Port. The smell was the first thing to greet them. The sights of rampant poverty were next. Children lined the roads begging for food. Sophia seemed suprised and handed off her loaf of bread.

"I heard it was bad bu-"

She didn't seem to notice one of the older children was using the cover to dig through her saddle bags.

Spoiler
    Show
    You guys managed to stumble into West End. So, yeah, we're gonna have fun here.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

The Shadowlands
    Ombra

Ombra had never turned his power to this particular task before, so there was a great deal of unease on his part, though he knew it would be simpler than it had any real right to be like every other divine act ever done. He knew that eventually this land would be his home, where he went when his power was too great for the mortal realm to contain him for long periods, so it would be made both useful and beautiful.

He slowly and carefully weaved a plane of infinite blackness, as far as even the divine eye could see. Light was purged from this realm, and he was satisfied with that to begin with. Next, he turned to the land itself. While he could make the land APPEAR to stretch into infinity, the actual land was far more... finite. He rose massive, wonderous trees of glass, crystal and light, creating an incredible jungle of leafless trees that shined with the beauty he saw in freedom. Greens and purples and pinks danced across the entire surface of his new Shadowlands, casting wonderous light throughout his realm of darkness.

Finally, in the very center of the Shadowlands, Ombra rose a massive tower of eight-sided obsidian and breathed life into it. It had rooms for each of his siblings he considered welcome here (it struck him that Gwyn, Belsheroth and Kiloasa were the only three that immediately sprang to mind as 'welcome here' - he'd have to work on that) and would shift to accomodate any he later invited into the Shadowlands.

Ombra smiled as saw he had done great good here. It was was beautiful and welcoming here, and he knew that this place would be a wonderful home to spend eternity in, if he must.

Sure, he could've made a dark, broiling land of grey mist and an oppressive black atmosphere but what fun would that be?

Spoiler
    Show
    Current AP
    7AP+0PAP
    Weave Plane: The Shadowlands -4AP
    3AP+0PAP

Free Port
    The Doctor
    A few days after his talk with Ombra

The Doctor sighed to himself (prompting a few confused looks at the apparent lack of a source) from beneath the stall. He had lived for 3000 years and still was not used to the fact he had to hide everywhere - most common people considered the Shadows little more than a legend, and suddenly appearing the middle of a crowded street would incite a panic. ( Ombra knows I don't wanna go through THAT again. ) The corrupt and the tyrannical knew better than to ignore such rumors, and he had often worked personally with some more open-minded organizations and individuals, but the Doctor still had to slink around like a mass murderer, even though he could count the number of people he killed throughout his ENTIRE 3000 YEAR LIFE on the hands and feet of one of the humans around him.

...Well, that he'd killed on purpose... or weren't Blur. You couldn't hesitate fighting them.

He hid in the shadows of stalls, mostly - a human or Ravenkin's shadow would be too light for such a trick to work for long. And the last time he'd hidden under someone's skirt it hadn't ended well. The real issue started when he tried to actually find a Blur without drawing attention to himself. Usually it wasn't too hard - Blur didn't concern themselves with social niceities the same way a human or Ravenkin did. Why would they care if their robes were too dirty, or too large, or too revealing? Turn around a corner and everyone's forgotten you exist.

The problem was actually identifying them. The Doctor couldn't remember what they looked like from personal experience, but Ombra had once told him that they shifted shape to blend in with the crowd around them, aside from their eyes, which were always like a hawk's.

He saw a child beg for food from a procession coming into the city, but he also saw a child stealing from them. He felt pity swell in his heart - he knew he could help this place, if only-

The Doctor shook himself. No, he couldn't. His karma could only do so much for these people, and poverty wasn't something that could just end overnight.

As he turned away from the procession, he slinked further through the crowd, making for a neab-

"SNAKE!!"
    "What's with it's eyes? And body?"
    "Who cares?! Kill it, boy!! We can cook it for dinner!"

...Slither slither SLITHER SLITHER SLITHERSLITHERSLITHERSLITHER!!!

Spoiler
    Show
    Hope this isn't too intrusive
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-07-09 at 10:09 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

'Eric' and King Stephen

The Imposter knelt.
    With a great air of solemnity, King Stephen placed the circlet upon the false Captain's head. Drawing his greatsword, he gently tapped the Knight on both shoulders, briefly considering killing him where he knelt.
    I hereby proclaim you Grand Duke of the Lands of the Order.
    Rise Lord Knight.
    Now... If you're going to go and conquer the North for the Kingdom as well, I suggest you begin your preparations. I'll send some forces down here so that we don't have a rebellion on our hands less than a month after most of your Knights leave.
    How much gold did you manage to acquire through your conquest? I might need to use it to pay for my army.

Sophia led the procession into Free Port. The smell was the first thing to greet them. The sights of rampant poverty were next. Children lined the roads begging for food. Sophia seemed suprised and handed off her loaf of bread.

"I heard it was bad bu-"

She didn't seem to notice one of the older children was using the cover to dig through her saddle bags.

Spoiler
    Show
    You guys managed to stumble into West End. So, yeah, we're gonna have fun here.
    However, Nureen wasn't so easily tricked. She had been to Free Port a few times, and knew how the children behaved. She turned in her saddled and looked straight at the child.
    Let's see... What is the penalty for theft? Do they still cut people's hands off nowadays?
    She drew a knife and began sharpening it.
    Marren, be a dear and make sure the child doesn't bleed to death.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't want Sophia to lose all her stuff! That would be inconvenient...
    Naturally, you can decide how intimidated the child is.

Dragons!

26. - Top - End - #86

'Eric' & Stephen

The Imposter received the circlet graciously, he smiled, this was almost too easy, and stood.

"Of course milord, I will donate fully half the treasury of the Free Cities behind this most noble cause. We'll begin preparations for the siege post haste."

A paige entered the chamber and handed a report to the Captain,

"What is this now? Ah, a legion of knights works to reclaim the lands that the Lokab Empire stole from our forefathers. Second Lieutenant Trent asks for support to solidify the Kingdom's hold on the lands. I apologize sire, I did not know of this move either, but I must applaud Sir Trent's initiative. Apparently the Lokab Empire has recently descended into chaos... and if the visions are to be believed, it was Lord Belsheroth's doing."

He bows, "I beg forgiveness majesty, but I must say, this crusade is starting to seem more and more like the gods' will."

About every word was a lie, Trent had been dispatched on the Imposter's order. But it was significant that Trent was one of the few knights to be transformed into a vampire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't worry he remembers the whole renew your oath thing. He just wants to handle the king first, then he'll get straight to that.

The boy bit back a curse and all of the children scattered in different directions. Sophia looked behind her, seeing her Saddle Bag opened, "Oh, thank you lady Nureen."

Then she heard a comotion further into the city. She saw what looked like an inky snake being sought after by one of the locals. Without explanation she spurred her horse. There was something wrong about that snake. "You there! Stop!"

There was no way that was a snake.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

'Eric' & Stephen

The Imposter received the circlet graciously, he smiled, this was almost too easy, and stood.

"Of course milord, I will donate fully half the treasury of the Free Cities behind this most noble cause. We'll begin preparations for the siege post haste."

A paige entered the chamber and handed a report to the Captain,

"What is this now? Ah, a legion of knights works to reclaim the lands that the Lokab Empire stole from our forefathers. Second Lieutenant Trent asks for support to solidify the Kingdom's hold on the lands. I apologize sire, I did not know of this move either, but I must applaud Sir Trent's initiative. Apparently the Lokab Empire has recently descended into chaos... and if the visions are to be believed, it was Lord Belsheroth's doing."

He bows, "I beg forgiveness majesty, but I must say, this crusade is starting to seem more and more like the gods' will."

About every word was a lie, Trent had been dispatched on the Imposter's order. But it was significant that Trent was one of the few knights to be transformed into a vampire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't worry he remembers the whole renew your oath thing. He just wants to handle the king first, then he'll get straight to that.
    Stephen was raised to be sceptical, but everything was going far too well for him to waste time being suspicious.
    Excellent. Truly excellent.
    Through the work of your Order, we shall regain the glory of past millennia and reforge the golden age!
    With the aid of Lady Gwyn and Lord Belsheroth, nothing shall stand in the way of your forces.
    My retinue and I shall return to Snow Haven, and I shall mobilise the army to support your conquests. Send the promised funds North to the Royal Treasury as soon as you are able.

The King inclined his head to the Knights and turned to leave. As he was leaving, he called back.
    Truly you are the greatest Captain the Order of the Spear has known for over one thousand years!

Spoiler
    Show
    That's that out of the way.
    The King shall get his army together, paid for out of the gold given to him by the Knights. Because of the amount of gold you gave him, he'll be able to raise a lot of troops with which to occupy conquered lands.
    Note: He might get suspicious of the Knights later, but at the moment, he's far too pleased with what's going on.

Dragons!

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

The boy bit back a curse and all of the children scattered in different directions. Sophia looked behind her, seeing her Saddle Bag opened, "Oh, thank you lady Nureen."

Then she heard a comotion further into the city. She saw what looked like an inky snake being sought after by one of the locals. Without explanation she spurred her horse. There was something wrong about that snake. "You there! Stop!"

There was no way that was a snake.
    Free Port
    The Doctor

The locals held up their hands and the Doctor looked at the procession. Almost immediately he winced. He'd forgotten an ordinary snake wouldn't recognize an order to halt.

"It's da fuzz!"
    It's da Knights!

The son and mother turned to stare at the snake that had just spoken. The Doctor didn't look them in the eye, glaring at their feet instead.

Oh stop staring like that. I almost got eaten.

The two screamed and ran off, apparently deciding the prospect of a talking black snake was far more terrifying than knight's wrath. What morons.

The Doctor turned to the knights, not looking at their eyes. 'ello Knight. I'm the Doctor. You wouldn't happen to remember seeing something you can't remember seeing, would you?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #89

The Imposter & King Stephen

The Imposter bowed as King Stephen left the chamber, he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Sir, was it wise to give him all that money?"

'Eric' waved such concerns away, "A pittance compared to the bounty we will gather after the conquests."

"I understand that sir, but shouldn't we have held something back?"

"No, King Stephen now thinks of me as his loyal and overly humble subject. Expected of a knight and he must continue to see me as such."

He frowned, remembering his contract. "Gather all the knights in the courtyard. Tell them, that I'll be addressing the troops for a victory celebration."

"And the war in the north?"

"Will be all but handled if this goes according to plan."

Sophia raised an eyebrow, "Umm, no I don't, that would be a contradiction."

"'The Doctor' I've heard that name before, but wher- Wait St. Edgard wrote about you in his memoirs!"

She frowned, no that couldn't be right, St. Edgard lived three thousand years ago and this creature didn't fit The Doctor's description.

"Sorry, it was probably just someone with the same name."

Still she kept getting images of Edgard fighting alongside some sort of Shadowy-thing, a thing that had the same color and kept its eyes closed just like the being before her. She really wished these images would stop.

Spoiler
    Show
    Up to you Elemental if Marren and Nureen followed after her. Or try to get away from the crazy person that chases after snakes.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Sophia raised an eyebrow, "Umm, no I don't, that would be a contradiction."

"'The Doctor' I've heard that name before, but wher- Wait St. Edgard wrote about you in his memoirs!"

She frowned, no that couldn't be right, St. Edgard lived three thousand years ago and this creature didn't fit The Doctor's description.

"Sorry, it was probably just someone with the same name."

Still she kept getting images of Edgard fighting alongside some sort of Shadowy-thing, a thing that had the same color and kept its eyes closed just like the being before her. She really wished these images would stop.

Spoiler
    Show
    Up to you Elemental if Marren and Nureen followed after her. Or try to get away from the crazy person that chases after snakes.
    Marren and Nureen looked on in disbelief.
    Is she chasing after a snake?
    Yes, I think so...
    A talking snake?
    It would appear that way...
    Wait, why are we being so calm? That could be anything!

You're getting slow Marren.
    They followed after at a more sedate pace.

The Halls of Death

Belsheroth lay semi-conscious, dreaming of a Goblin who helped his neighbours.
    There was Gwyn... And Brightfire... And Reisen. And Isanloff was on his way too. Was everyone going to crowd around his deathbed or something like he was actually dying? These were mere scratches!
    He winced inwardly as his heart began to regrow.
    Okay... Not mere scratches...
    Still, he should take this time to think and perhaps do something...

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 0 + 5 Rollover
    Infuse Forests of Starlight: Infused with the divine essence of the Starlit Reaper, the Forests will continue to always be more than large enough for the souls that reside within.
    Remaining AP: 3
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-07-10 at 12:33 AM.

Dragons!