New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

The Fertile Valley

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't worry about it. It's not an important part of the plot or anything.

"In truth, it is not so difficult a task. Most of this continent is watched over by Gods other than Belsheroth and most of the people who reside here are capable of looking after themselves.
    "When you say that your leader is generally respected by all, do you by chance mean a democratic system?"

The Void

Events were moving rather quickly. Of the three gods of evil, Belsheroth had expected conflict to arise from another first. But still, he had given his allegiance to the Council and its Leader, and thus, the army must be mobilised.
    He turned his horse around and rode for the Dark Moon.

The Fortress of the Army of Heaven

"Israfil, I don't know why you keep challenging me to Shurjy."
    "How else am I supposed to get any better. Should it take another three thousand years, I will eventually defeat you."
    "Until then, you owe me yet another drink."
    "That drink will have to wait Noble Itan."
    The general and the archangel rose from their seats to face Belsheroth.
    "Lord Belsheroth? Is there some emergency?"
    "Not as yet, but I want the army ready just in case.
    "Lord Kipt has declared war, and he may desire our aid."
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Dragonloft

Jarla felt the loving energy seep through her, and she was suddenly at ease. Next, she retreated from the Drakes to the back of the cell, where she crouched up in a ball, mystified by the voice in her head. "Who are you?" She asked the question out loud in a soft, relaxed tone.

"Hush, child,"
    Savorla said gently, sending the impression of a soft smile to Jarla as she did. "Don't speak aloud, or they'll think you're crazy, or plotting to get out. Just think what you want me to hear, and imagine anything you want me to feel.

As for who I am, I'm Savorla, goddess of protection... And seduction, too, but I hope you won't have cause to learn about that aspect for at least a few more years."

3. - Top - End - #873
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

The Voyage

Jib and Jewel grew closer yet in the following month before the voyage. While the Voyage was ongoing, he was giving advice on how to get to the island. At Jericho's question, Jib perceived the insult on Jericho's tongue, but chose to ignore it. Instead, he looked across the bow for a second, and noticed an odd rock sticking out of the water in the distance. He had seen this rock before, while being swept away by the storm off the ship. "We're close now, you see that rock?" He pointed and waited for some nod or 'yes' by Jericho, but not for a comment, he continued after a pause. "That means were close, If we turn starboard so we can pass it on the right, we should be pointed straight at the Island. It's just another few hours that way."

Silver Fire Island

Soon, the Island was in sight. It was badly washed up at the shore, the beach they had left off of was covered in seaweed and driftwood, but still recognizable as a landmark.

Tresingiis

With the armies of war being called to ready, rumors had reached the desert lord, and he cursed that he couldn't participate on the mortal's world. He thought on his avatar, which he had made himself, and put another part of himself within it, so that he could see what it sees, hear what it hears, and that it would only think what Tresingiis thought. It still wasn't capable of flattening mountains like a god could. It still hadn't power over the cosmos, but it was a way for Tresingiis to be on the material world in spirit, albeit not physically. The Avatar would not be different enough from him to demand another name. It was an extension, an arm of Tresingiis.
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2012-08-31 at 03:15 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

4. - Top - End - #874

The Heavens

"Hello, Bjor," Kipt said courteously to the Exalted Knight. He seemed irritated by something, but of course, he was at war. "I would be glad to accept any help. Tactics, you say? Well then I guess I'll give you a rundown on my army. We have three types of Archons: Dove, Hound, and Lionel. Our van is composed mainly of hound archons, as they make the most suitable fighters. Along with them, we are using dove archons as scouts the swiftly fly out in all directions and find drakes. Once battle is commenced, the doves redeploy as archers, where they are very skilled. A large portion of the doves also serves as healers, and supply lines, although none of these jobs is exclusive to them. The van is the bulk of our army, but we also have some auxiliary forces and mission teams. These squads are made up usually by about ten archons, and are perfect for more under the radar operations. Leadership of all operations traditionally falls to a Lionel. All in all, we have about 400 in the van, at least 100 of which are doves, and 200 of which are hounds; maybe 24 of these special squadrons; and 100 on this piece of earth in the sky. I would offer you a position as my trusted counsel on war related matters, leader of your own squad, or co-commander of the van, serving alongside one of my most trusted Lionels who holds the position now."

Dragonloft

Ok, Jarla replies telepathically, but why me? The question does not have any context to whether she is talking about being kidnapped by drakes, or why she was chosen by Savorla; it probably meant a bit of both.

The High Roads

"Really?" Seera sounds surprised by the notion. He takes another sip of his milk, and another moment of thought. "Although I am sure some of us would be happy here, our kind needs its own home; we need our own forests to love, and our own land. I appreciate your gesture though, and I do hope for nothing more than the continued friendship of our races."

The Fertile Valley

"No," Merk replied, showing a hint of surprise to the notion of democracy, "we have no democracy, to be sure, but no problems with our system either. Our leader serves for life, but is someone who is loved and respected by us all. They are selected by the last leader; someone he or she trusts to do the job well. They are regarded as the wisest person among us, and their decisions are popular, and respected."

Silver Fire Isle

Jewel helped Jib guide them, and contributed to landmark descriptions reminiscently. "There!" Jewel exclaimed when she saw it. She simply loved the idea of seeing it again, somehow it felt as if it fulfilled her. Grabbing Tanya's arm and pointing, "See it?"
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-08-31 at 04:58 PM.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragonloft]

"The Drakes took you because you're old enough to train, but young enough not to be a threat. And it probably didn't hurt that you're going to be quite pretty when you grow up, either.

My choice was made at first because you stand out. You needed help, and were able to make yourself heard better than others. And I had sympathy for you, as well. So I thought I'd do what I could to help."

6. - Top - End - #876

Dragonloft

Jarla got an odd kind of satisfaction from being called pretty, that she didn't expect to experience so normally in such dire circumstances, and Savorla could probably detect it. Thank you, she says to Savorla, not knowing what else to say. What should I do then? What can I do?

7. - Top - End - #877

The Heavens

A large flock of angelic beings flew up towards Kipt, followed by a train of militaristic Lights.

"Hello, lord Kipt. We are your brother's folk and army, reporting for duty. Our greatest force is somewhat being us; the Deepspawn Tears and Lights."

And from behind, huge Lights that were totally alien in shape flew up to behind the armies of the exalted dead, as well as about three huge abominations with incredible wings.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

8. - Top - End - #878

BlueWizardGirl

Flight

Tresingiis himself flys through the cosmos to The Heavens where Kipt is, he looked troubled, as though he had reservations about the war. "Kipt, my brother, what has developed that we should be at arms? I'm afraid for this one, all I can do is be our link to the material world, our 'eyes,' so to speak."

Spoiler
    Show
    Drowlord, It is your post with Michael and Sofia when you get a chance.

His Avatar flew to the material world. to visit Dralcor and flew after him, shouting for his attention. "Dralcor, do you even know what's about to happen?"

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #879

Michael and Sofía

The guard's expression did not change. Another guard spoke. "Our god has returned and spoken to us, and we prosper once more. Greetings, Michael of the Kilos tribe. If you do not find it disagreeable, we will take you to our Emir now."
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground

Dragonloft

Jarla got an odd kind of satisfaction from being called pretty, that she didn't expect to experience so normally in such dire circumstances, and Savorla could probably detect it. Thank you, she says to Savorla, not knowing what else to say. What should I do then? What can I do?

"For now? Wait. There isn't much else you can do, really; I could make you invisible, but someone would notice you weren't where you'd been a moment ago, and you'd be caught, or your companions punished. And if I give you the means to fight free, killing would do as much damage to you as staying here. Or turn you into a a Deathdancer, which I could ensure, but I'd not choose hat path for one so young, who can have no true conception of what it means.

Unless, of course, you have any special skills? Those could be worked into-"

There is a brief pause as Savorla appears next to Jarla, in her true form, taking them out of time as she does, and going to gently pull the girl into her lap, so that the mental embrace she was in is now physical.

"-a means of escape that you couldn't use otherwise, perhaps,"
    she goes on smoothly, smiling playfully at the Elthien.

11. - Top - End - #881

The Heavens

Kipt was beginning to feel annoyed. He hoped to keep this conflict between Dralcor and him between Dralcor and him, but saw that that was probably not going to happen. What annoyed him perhaps most of all was the amount of power that rallied behind him when he went to war without even asking it to. I don't want that kind of power, yet it is the hand I have been dealt, Kipt thought. What scarred him even more was how much he could have if he sent out a call. If truth be told, he didn't like war, and was probably not cut out for it; it drained him, and left him emotionless where once he was joyful.

"Your assistance is more than welcome," he told Aqaeris's army, without much enthusiasm. "If you insist on helping, you will serve alongside our van, but maintain your own internal leadership. You should work with our leaders and squads, and achieve a common goal." He notified his generals and leaders telepathically of their new help.

"Tresingiis, good to see you," Kipt said as pleasantly as he could, but it was a bad show. "We have taken arms against Dralcor, for he continues to hold slaves, and refuses to reason with us." He noted that he had said "us," did I really mean me? "I am not sure how much of a help you can be. We have already tried and failed at diplomacy, and my army should keep me well up to date on the movements of the material plane."

Dragonloft

Jarla is surprised to see Savorla, but in a pleasant way. She becomes continually more comforted and relaxed in the goddesses presence. She sits on one of the goddesses legs, wraps her arm halfway around her in embrace, and rests her head on her bosom. Jarla looks up as she responds, "what... is a deathdancer? What would I have to do to become one? I... don't think I have any skills that I could use here..." Her face is filled with sadness, and her voice is filled with innocent curiosity.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The Low Roads
    After narrowly missing Eroberung's throat with his spear thrust Yohalles the Elder sits down, letting a couple Angips poke and prod at him and feed off his anger. Eventually, the Angips grow as large as The Elder and that is when he kills them both with a single spear thrust. Now suitably calm he stands up and with a single step he teleports to the Heavens, near Kipt.

The Heavens
    Hello cousin. the bedraggled looking Elder Yohalles says.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

13. - Top - End - #883

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Michael and Sofía

The guard's expression did not change. Another guard spoke. "Our god has returned and spoken to us, and we prosper once more. Greetings, Michael of the Kilos tribe. If you do not find it disagreeable, we will take you to our Emir now."
    "It would be an honor.", Michael said, he followed the guard and motioned for Sofia to follow him.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #884
    Orc in the Playground

Dragon Loft
    Dralcor replied, "Of course I know, Tresingiis. It is simply common sense that when you refuse a dictator's demands he sends an army against you. Such is their way. Since Kipt is a man that lacks the skills to negotiate even the simplest of compromises, and he gives no true argument for his cause, it can be assumed he is just a tyrant that wishes for nothing more than for his will to be enforced. From the way he argues I could tell that he would love nothing more than to kill me and every last drake on this plane.
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

15. - Top - End - #885

BlueWizardGirl

Dragonloft

Tresingiis takes an approach on talking to the Dragon god. "I would hardly call him a Tyrant, your people are strong, you rule by who is the strongest. I respect that, as barbaric as it might seem, it makes your people as a whole stronger, and more clever warriors; Ready to face any foe, but it doesn't have to come to that. We elected Kipt to lead our pantheon because he doesn't fight, not because he is strong, but because he is wise. Respect your elders! Don't just call them Tyrants. Now if you'd pull your head out, we can talk business. What are you willing to compromise on?"

It was a bit of a rough comment, but dragons are a rough society. If the dragons are rough with each other, he figured, maybe he should get on their level to communicate.

The Heavens

Tresingiis was stressed on this side of the connection. He didn't want to make a bad situation worse, but he didn't want to give up on it for some reason. He comments to Kipt, "You where right about one thing, he is hard to talk to."

He summarizes their conversation so far to the group in The Heavens.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

Dragonloft

Jarla is surprised to see Savorla, but in a pleasant way. She becomes continually more comforted and relaxed in the goddesses presence. She sits on one of the goddesses legs, wraps her arm halfway around her in embrace, and rests her head on her bosom. Jarla looks up as she responds, "what... is a deathdancer? What would I have to do to become one? I... don't think I have any skills that I could use here..." Her face is filled with sadness, and her voice is filled with innocent curiosity.
    Savorla smiles gently at Jarla, stroking her hair.

"Deathdancers are those who make killing, or at least fighting, an art form. They are some of the best warriors in the world, and to see them fight is a beautiful thing; the grace and skill they use dazzles the eye, as the best performance always does. Some of the swordmasters can even even time and place their cuts so that they paint with the blood as they fight... All you would have to do to become one is fight your way free of here.

You will be a very good one, if you choose that path."

17. - Top - End - #887
    Orc in the Playground

DragonLoft
    Dralcor was quite upset and said, I believe that I have been a mountain longer than you have been alive. As for the compromise, I could limit my people to only 9,999,999,999,999 slaves if you wish.

The dungeon held about 30 cells and most were empty. The heat in the dungeon was rather warm and the prisoners would constantly sweat. A quick glance around the dungeon would allow someone to see 30 guards and one commander with a big scar across both eyes. The cell door is made of iron, and there are 2 exits. One exit is a giant hole in the roof, (about 50 feet across) the other is a gate that is barely guarded and seemed to go deeper into the island (but where it actually goes is unknown. If anyone spoke loud enough for a guard to hear, the guard would threaten to bring them to the torture room down below. The food and drink served to the prisoners was meat charred to a crisp, and water that felt as hot as if you stood by a fire. If you listened closely you could hear the sounds of fighting coming from different rooms. The dungeon stank of blood and sweat(The prisoners sweat, the guards don't sweat).
    Last edited by Markadelf; 2012-08-31 at 08:51 PM.

18. - Top - End - #888

The Heavens

Bjor guided his mount next to Kipt, he nodded pleasantly to the gods as they approached. But never took his eye from the field. "To answer I require another piece of information. What is your goal?"

He looked at the god, he never considered himself lower than any of the gods, Gwyn did not encourage such thinking and he never indulged in it.

"Do you seek to end their threat once and for all? Or simply free the captives?"

"In the latter case the battle should be a feint to draw the guards away from the cages and then send in your Doves to free them. In, out with minimal casualties."

"In the former case, this will turn into a bloodbath no matter what you do. Outside the mountain you can keep casualties to a minimum. But in the caverns, you will be facing enemies of superior skill and strength on their home ground. Normally I would suggest a siege, but the slaves would not survive."

"So, I suggest a combination of the two plans. Send in your doves to extract the slaves after feinting an assault. Then fall back into a siege."

The Silver Fire Island

Instantly Jericho calls for a long boat, he, another knight, and a scribe board the longboat with Jewel and Jib. Ushuring the outsiders to the front of the boat. The scribe (a Ravenkin) introduces herself as Trianna. She seems incredibly excited and amicable enough.

After Jericho and the knight row to shore, the Captain turns to Jib, "lead the way."

Spoiler
    Show
    Fair Warning: Jericho is going to backstab, I'd appreciate him at least wounding Jib.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

19. - Top - End - #889
    Orc in the Playground

Dragonloft
    During the conversation with Tresingiis, Dralcor began creating the beings he had been about to create when Kipt had disturbed him. He had created more draconic life forms. He created beings that looked more like him and then he blessed his new people with a variety of elements. He blessed 1/4 with fire and red hot scales, 1/4 with poisonous breath and black metallic scales, 1/4 with chilled icy breath and white icy scales and sharp teeth. The last 1/4 was blessed with electricity to breathe and light green scales. He seemed quite pleased.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting Ap 12
    -4 Create fabled Life: Elemental Dragons: Winged European style Dragons blessed with the ability to manipulate the elements.
    -1 blessed 1/4 of elemental dragons with Fire, and made them able to withstand heat and breathe fire.
    -1 blessed 1/4 of elemental dragons with Rock, this gave them Rock hard scales and breathe that poisons living things but makes Rock and dirt more fertile.
    -1 blessed 1/4 of elemental dragons with Ice, giving them sharp, cold teeth and frosty breath.
    -1 blessed 1/4 of elemental dragons with Air, allowing them to fly faster for longer and gave them lightning to breathe.
    Edit: 4 ap remaining or 8 after rollover I only posted in this manner because I didnt want to waste 1/4th of a rollover.
    Last edited by Markadelf; 2012-08-31 at 10:00 PM.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ettin in the Playground

The Fertile Valley

"Fascinating. And should the old leader choose unwisely, do you merely ignore their suggestion and choose someone more suitable?"
    It seemed risky to trust governance into the hands of a single individual with no system in place in case something went wrong, but the Elthiens had survived for such a long time, so somehow, it must work...
    Needless to say, Zerachiel was impressed.

The Fortress of the Army of Heaven

Following Belsheroth's orders, the number of drills and exercises increased to get what amounted to the greatest army in existence into even better shape.
    War may never come to them again, but the recent conflicts were definitely cause for concern.

The Heavens

"We need to get this fight away from the Mortal Races. Otherwise, I fear the casualties, no, the fatalities may be too high."
    Belsheroth was late to the impromptu Council meeting, but nevertheless, he had listened in. After all, there's nothing else to do when you're sitting out in the void.
    "If I may be so bold as to suggest another course of action, Noble Bjor?"
    He nodded to the legendary mortal.
    "We free the slaves according to your plan, and then we pull back. It is foolish to face Dralcor's might, as limited as it may be in comparison, on his own ground.
    "Let him fight us where we are strongest. Here, beyond the Mortal Plane, we can fight him directly. Down on Ashkharh, we cannot do so. If he brings an army, I will send my army alongside yours, if not, then we need not worry our troops.
    "If he chooses not to come and fight us, then the resulting stalemate is still victory for us."

Belsheroth sent a silent message to Kipt.
    "You seem troubled Young Kipt. It is something more than this conflict, is it not?"
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

21. - Top - End - #891

BlueWizardGirl

Dragonloft

"Over and out.", and the hawk of the sun rolled left and turned to fly away. It circled the Dragonloft's perimeter, analyzing its populace, mountains, caves, reserves and slavers.

Silver Fire Island

Jib led the boat into shore, nervously drawing nearer. What would they do with it? With a sudden push foreward, the boat stopped with a thud. It was quite a thud; Somebody might have fallen forward if they where standing up. They got off the boat and stepped onto shore. a few paces uphill, off the beach would reveal the shinning light of the Silver Fire.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #892

The Heavens

"If he has a reason to follow that would work, but we can't count on his pride making him stupid."

Silver Fire Island

Jericho begins to walk forward, but the other knight walks behind Jewel and Jib at all times. The Scribe jabbering excitedly about seeing such an artifact of the gods, nothing too important, though she does inadvertantly reveal a bit about how they choose their Scepter.

A light catches Jericho's eye and he turns to regard it, seeing the silver light some distance away.

"Is that it?"

Should either answer in the affirmative he motions for the pair to lead on.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-09-01 at 11:59 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

23. - Top - End - #893
    Orc in the Playground

Dragonloft
    As the hawk flew overhead he could see many caves and holes. The inner caves were pitch black with no light, and the farther down you went the hotter it got. The windy caves were very difficult to navigate and many places could not be reached without wings. The population of all the many caves and crevices numbered at around 500,000. Of those 100,000 were youth, 100,000 were rounded soldiers, some using claws others using obsidian tipped weapons, 50,000 were specialized in aerial combat, 50,000 were specialized in raiding, 50,000 were specialized with bows and were using obsidian arrowheads, 50,000 were specialized in using their fiery breath to it's fullest capabilities, 50,000 were specialized in using their claws to rip enemies to shreds, 49,000 were specialized in stealth and assassination, and 500 were the leaders of the troops and were well versed in most combat. The last 500 were the elite forces that were the strongest of the Drakes. They practiced their fighting under Dragonloft inside the green flame that kept it afloat. They had the hardest scales, the hottest fire, the sharpest claws, and the strongest wings.
    Last edited by Markadelf; 2012-09-01 at 07:57 PM.

24. - Top - End - #894

The Heavens

Kipt shifts in his chair, considering all of the suggestions brought before him. <I will be fine Belsheroth, but thanks for your concern. It is simply that it is against my nature to lead armies into battle, and even harder to lead others to their deaths that are not my own.>

"Welcome all," he continued, not meaning a word of it. "In truth, I am fighting to free the slaves; a task that will prove to not be as strait forward as you might think. Even if Dralcor does pull much of his might to face us in battle, he will still leave drakes in their homes to watch over them. Slaughtering those who are noncombatants for the freedom of a few individuals will not be something I will do. I had thought that with my smaller army, I could keep vigilant of the lands near Dragonloft, locate raiding parties and other armed forces, and dispatch troops to meet them accordingly. With surprise on their side, an archon squad could easily beat a raiding party, and if they amass in larger numbers, I would meet them with my van. We would have the upper hand in speed and mobility, so we could run away if their threat to our ranks becomes too much, and wait to fight them in smaller numbers. My hopes are to drive a thorn into Dralcor, deep enough so that he gives in to our demands. This was a plan that I put together of my own accord, and do not need any additional help to accomplish. You may contribute if you want, but I would advise your forces work in a similar manner as my own." Kipt almost sounds condescending, and he scolds himself for doing so. These gods were in his council after all, and did deserve a say in what Kipt did. He realized his harsh words had wronged them, and attempted to put it right by saying, "As always, your counsel is of great value to me." It was true enough that he still appreciated counsel from his fellow gods, but this is my battle, why does everyone feel the need to fight it for me? It is bad enough that I have to fight it at all.

Dragonloft

Jarla is becoming very attached to Savorla, being that she is one of the only sources of comfort Jarla is getting in this harsh environment. She meets her eyes when she responds, "Would that make you happy? If I became a deathdancer?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here is her willingness for bondage and to please coming though.

Silver Fire Isle

"Yeah! It is! Jewel exclaims merrily. "See, you can be sure because of the grey tinge and hints of smoke coming from the land."

The Fertile Valley

"Well, it is conceivable," Merk replies, "but such a situation rarely ever happens. If a leader knows they are unfit to lead, and have lost support of the people, they will surely step down from the position. This has only happened a few times ever. Our god Kipt supports simplicity and balance."

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragonloft]

Savorla smiles, and nods, cooling the air around them, and offering Jarla a goblet of chilled water.

"If that is what you wish, then it would make me quite happy, little one. To have such a champion as you would become as a deathdancer would be a source of pride and delight for anyone, god or mortal."

26. - Top - End - #896

GnomeWizardGuy

The Heavens

I actually came to inform you that I can't provide anything for this fight with Dralcor. My Lloyas will be busy in Razorpine Forest evacuating the animals and defending the land from my accidental spawn. he grips his spear tightly. And if he sets foot in The High or Low Roads, I will fight Eroberung myself.

The High Roads

First-Touched looks back to his Druid council ally(whose name I have forgotten) Another thing we could do.....give you success to the Hasen herds for meat and milk.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

27. - Top - End - #897

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Dragonloft]

Savorla smiles, and nods, cooling the air around them, and offering Jarla a goblet of chilled water.

"If that is what you wish, then it would make me quite happy, little one. To have such a champion as you would become as a deathdancer would be a source of pride and delight for anyone, god or mortal."
    "You are kind to say so," Jarla replies delicately. She rests her head on Savorla once more, and the goddess can tell that the girl is deep in thought. She sits in the wake of her own fate, at a crossroads. If I decide to get power from the nice lady, I can be free, but would have to kill. If I stay put, I will live out my days as a slave, knowing only the comforts the nice lady will give me. I wish I could just go back to living with mommy and daddy.

Jarla looks up at Savorla, less delicately and more defiantly now, "I'll do it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: Ninja'd! (His name is Seera btw)

The Heavens

"Very Well," Kipt says to Yohalles. What has become of my druids now? "Yohalles, I fear that I have not been an active enough god for my druids. Right now will not be the best time for me either- I have my hands quite tied up at the moment. I would urge you to find peace with Eroberung, but I seem hardly one to say so now. I trust you have the Razorpine situation under control? If my druids are undergoing a migration, do they require new land? I am happy to provide as their god if this war will give me a break."

The High Roads

"Thanks you once again for everything." Seera politely spoke, finished his milk, then got up. "I should probably return to my people now."
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-09-02 at 12:40 AM.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

"You are kind to say so," Jarla replies delicately. She rests her head on Savorla once more, and the goddess can tell that the girl is deep in thought. She sits in the wake of her own fate, at a crossroads. If I decide to get power from the nice lady, I can be free, but would have to kill. If I stay put, I will live out my days as a slave, knowing only the comforts the nice lady will give me. I wish I could just go back to living with mommy and daddy.

Jarla looks up at Savorla, less delicately and more defiantly now, "I'll do it."

Edit: Ninja'd! (pending)
    Savorla gently held Jarla as she made her choice, wishing much the same thing for her that the girl desired. The Elthien deserved to have a true childhood, one where she could preserve some of the innocence she had for a while. But she couldn't risk angering Dralcor directly by simply returning the girl, especially as it was quite possible that Kipt would take the blame, thus inflaming an already poor situation.

Besides which, based on her reading of matters, the place Jarla came from might be under attack by a horde, soon enough. All returning her as she was would do in that case would be give a brief respite before she was enslaved again. At least this way, she and her family would have a fair chance of escape, should it come to that.

A pair of blades, perfectly made for Jarla, slowly fade into view; the blade on the left hand one has dozens of small hooks along it, and a barb on the tip, as well as a thin spike descending from the pommel, while the right sword is smooth and gently curved, far gentler-seeming than its counterpart, though still quite lethal.

"The left one is Hatred, the other Sorrow. Both also have another side; Solace and Cruelty, respectively. They will serve you until you die, growing and changing with you, physically and mentally. Heed their warnings, in and out of battle.

They will guide your hand on your first kill, if you need it, for it may be hard to take a life at first, since you must have killed for me to ensure how you see having done so.

Would you like to start now, or take a few minutes to prepare, at least as much as one can?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 15

Form Organization - Deathdancers (-2 AP): As described to Jarla, though with the addition, in some cases, of the bits about turning enemies into instruments and such.

Create Artifact - Hatred and Cruelty/Solace and Sorrow (-4 AP): A pair of sapient swords, each containing two separate personalities; the appearance of the blades is dependent on which personality is in control, and they will grow with Jarla.

Avocado, feel free to come up with other powers for them, since I'm drawing a blank right now.

Ending AP: 9
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-09-02 at 04:58 AM.

29. - Top - End - #899

GnomeWizardGuy

The Heavens

They may need new land, that is if we cannot hold them back. Don't worry for your Druids though, they will always have a place to stay amongst The Roads.

The High Roads

First-Touched nods at Seera and stands up, turning to Yohalles So.....what is your plan in all this?. Giving.....selflessly. Yohalles formed a small ball of fog and breathed into it before letting it spread out throughout the world. This is Yohalles's gift to the entire world, The Selfless Gift.

From now on, if someone gives the last of something they have(food, coin, or in rare cases, breath) selflessly they will find the same amount of that thing has been given to them. For an example, a beggar passes another beggar in the street. Selflessly, he gives the man his last coppers so that he can buy himself a few scraps of bread. A few minutes later the man finds a few coppers in the street.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP 3 +1PP
    Rollover +5AP
    Bless:The beasts and animals from Razorpine Forest will be migrated to The High Roads and protected there until they can return to the forest or be moved to a new one. -1PP
    Bless: The Druids and their people now have access to The Hasen Herds -1AP
    Create Fabled Concept: The Selfless Gift, as described above. -4AP
    Bless: The entire world gains the benefit of The Selfless Gift. -1AP
    Bless: Should any god not want their creations affected by The Selfless Gift, it costs no AP for them to make it so. -1AP

That leaves me with a whole whopping 0 AP

Not sure if the way I went about it is right, sorry if I messed it up.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ettin in the Playground

The Heavens

"And that is why we chose you.
    Belsheroth cut off the communication with Kipt. He would find understanding on his own.
    "Then I shall hold my forces in reserve until such time as they are needed. And when and if the time comes, I shall strike directly at the Dragon God and lay waste to his creations.
    "I hope it will not come to that, but there is no telling what he may do after provocation."

This plan has a very high chance of falling apart, but Belsheroth made no effort to dissuade Kipt from following through. But when his help was needed, he would be there.
    He listened to Yohalles and Kipt discuss the plight of the Woden.
    "Concerning the Woden... Perhaps they could dwell for a time in the City of Lusin on the Dark Moon? Currently, it stands empty and lifeless aside from a few caretakers, but it is large enough to house them until a more suitable home could be provided.
    "I will have to make preparations so it is habitable for them to live in first. But they should be safe there."

Spoiler
    Show
    Just offering because I built the place and I haven't done anything with it. And besides, it's the perfect place for a refugee camp, all the way on the Moon!

The Fertile Valley

"If only it were always so simple. You live here, in this valley with the blessings of Lord Kipt and war rarely reaches. Not everyone is so lucky."
    Zerachiel looked into the distance as if remembering things that he'd rather forget.
    "But despite it all, we strive forward. Lord Belsheroth teaches us that the strong should protect the weak and the wise should guide the thoughtless. But they do not desire protection or guidance and we cannot rightly force them to accept it.
    "So, we do not guide them. Or protect them from all things that ail them. To do so would be to become as tyrants despite how benevolent our intentions are."

He sighed.
    "Perhaps Lord Kipt's way is best, but it too is merely a dream that fades in the harsh glare of reality..."
    The trials and tribulations of a greater race that could bring about a platinum age if the world wanted it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the melancholic and philosophical nature of what he's saying. I was listening to sad music and was inspired.

Dragons!